How do you get good at this game?

how do you get good at this game?
I've beaten bayonetta, but this game is honestly hard as fuck
the dodge in this game is akward and doesn't always work
enemies can easily stunlock you and you can never get a proper combo going
people say these games are easy and brainless, what am I missing here?

Attached: gow.jpg (314x445, 39K)

Always start with square, triangle.

>yfw GoW will never have titties again

Attached: 1542930267212.jpg (400x400, 24K)

the same people who called this brainless probably praised nuGOW as the best movie-game of all time.
the problem here if that you're actually playing a good videogame, one that calls you to the challenge and somehow even makes QTEs riveting. they pretty much popularized QTEs along with RE4. but they did them right.

NuGOW was fanastic though and well designed right down to the son not responding to your commands after he got pissy with you. Absolutely beautiful.

too bad the gameplay was garbage from what I played. Tired of these zelda z-target games (shitty dark souls clones)

I played this for the first time on my overclocked vita recently and I must admit I died a good few times falling off shit, fighting groups of medusa, climbing the cylinder wall and on the final boss(bullshit af).

You will never be satisfied with any gameplay. I bet you hated the gameplay in Witcher 3 as well.

Witcher 3's combat was it's weakest point and it was STILL better than GoW. I loved the Witcher 2 and the Witcher 3.

>Witcher 3's combat was it's weakest point
Looks like I was right.

...did you think the old god of war gameplay was actually good? I'm not saying GoW is on the same level as DMC but it's probably in the higher tier. Old GoW is the absolute most braindead gameplay available

and you will eat up soulless cashgrabs (GoW)
>loved Witcher 3
no you were completely wrong and have now been diagnosed with mental retardation. If I don't like GAMEplay then I don't like the GAME (GoW).

The harder difficulties are indeed hard. On those you need to take advantage of the fact that you have crazy ass range and the square square triangle combo. Don't bother upgrading anything else your Blades of Chaos are too important

cope harder, movie boy. NuGoW sucked balls, all awards aside.

Attached: ads.jpg (939x687, 116K)

>what am I missing here?

a brain?

Gameplay =/= The entire game
You can like a game even though you didn't enjoy the gameplay. I would expect most people on Yea Forums would know this, but I guess you're too new. I remain correct.

I want this to be a joke but deep down I feel like it isnt

Attached: 9B4A923F-1104-4674-8531-0B4167F313C1.png (900x1000, 922K)

You might be able to, but I can't.
movie boy

man i feel bad for people that hate games because they're overrated. You should really try it, it's a good game

Guys it's possible to like more than one action game, jesus. GoW doesn't fucking need to be Bayonetta.

well shit this guy gets it

Attached: Untitled 1.jpg (1014x564, 94K)

I'm in the prologue of NuGoW and playing on Give Me A Balanced Experience, but the game feels too easy,

should I increase the difficulty?

Attached: Deep-end.jpg (900x500, 202K)

1st GoW for being a relative small budget title did a good job with the combat, with vast improvements in just a year or so time that it took for the sequel to come out.

Only issue I've ever had with the hard and God difficulty in the 1st game is the final battle with Ares without the chain blades and youre sharing a life bar. One good combo with his sword and tentacle claws and you're dead.

You mean GoW will never have masculinity again.

Forgot to mention that it feels easier than the normal difficulty of previous GoW games.

Still right and that's all that matters. Stay mad.

It probably will after Kratos transitions to appeal to modern audiences

I remember I died to the satyrs a few times. And who could forget the Kratos clones? Those guys were evil

You're opinion isn't right, it only exists, my friend.

I also played it for the first time on my overclocked Vita quite recently. It was fairly easy and boring even after playing it for a few hours so I just dropped it. I don't get why this game got so much praise.

SQUARE SQUARE TRIANGLE

First GoW QTE were fucking shit, there was way too much mashing.

yepp, crank it up, but watch out, this game is no fun on the highest difficulty because of the fucked up cam

I liked it more than gow2. 1 had the perfect length just lacked bosses. Nugow is also pretty good just needs to be faster paced and the camera shouldn't be so close up kratos ass. Also more skills and combos would have been great.

I think it have enough bosses and minibosses. Only problem is last fight with Ares. I had to lower difficulty because it was just too much.

It is a bit hard but once you figure his rhythm he is pretty easy. Still the most kino fight next to the intro fight of Ascension and 3.

You... forgot there is a block button right?

Also, square, square, triangle is your friend here, and use your rage often.

>...did you think the old god of war gameplay was actually good?

better than the over the shoulder shit that the reboot got.

and yet the reboot didn't have the worst gameplay I have experienced this gen.