Sony Positions Next PlayStation for Hard-Core Gamers

>Sony Chief Executive Kenichiro Yoshida has even called the PlayStation a niche product, aimed at serious players.

>Sony sees Microsoft as its main competitor in the next generation, with Google a potential threat in the mid- to long-term as internet technology advances, one company official said. Nintendo Co. isn’t perceived as a major rival, the person said, because its main users tend to be younger than PlayStation’s core demographic.
The Average Nintendo user is close to its 30s, the fuck is PS Core Demographic, 40s?

>A second Sony official said the company believes people buy a videogame console to play graphics-heavy games

>Sony is concentrating its attention on large software publishers as it gets ready for the next PlayStation, according to executives at Sony and software makers. In general, publishers want their games on multiple platforms to maximize sales, while console makers look to make deals for exclusive content or an initial period of exclusive sales.

>Some executives at smaller game makers say they have felt snubbed by Sony, in contrast to Nintendo. At the Tokyo Game Show in September, Nintendo is supporting events to showcase independent game developers. Sony used to do the same, but isn’t planning to this year, the first Sony official said.

>Sony still welcomes games from independent studios, the first Sony official said, but the emphasis is on strengthening relationships with large publishers since resources are limited. The thinking is, the official said, that people buy a console to play high-quality games available only on that platform, not smaller games also available on smartphones.

>The next PlayStation will be capable of processing 8K ultra-high-definition graphics, said the PlayStation unit’s chief, Jim Ryan, in May.
PFFFFFFFFFF

full article
wsj.com/articles/sony-positions-next-playstation-for-hard-core-gamers-11561800603

Attached: ss (2019-06-29 at 06.40.39).jpg (1115x704, 256K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=YlUKcNNmywk
youtube.com/watch?v=LYpGRqbv2WU
youtube.com/watch?v=o49JF6uxzDU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Can't wait for Sony to be so up in the ass that Microsoft and Nintendo dab on these movie cucks.

GTA
FIFA
MONSTER HUNTER WORLD

That's what I'm hoping for
Nothing good has come from Sony having no real competition this gen

>people buy a videogame console to play graphics-heavy games
"Hardcore" gaming. I barely even play games anymore and when I do I don't finish them and I'm probably still more hardcore than these jokers because at least I'll dabble in more than 2 genres.

>>A second Sony official said the company believes people buy a videogame console to play graphics-heavy games

Attached: 1560800372501.jpg (398x376, 37K)

>claim it's for people who play vidya
>censor said vidya to hell and back for people who don't play vidya
Hmm

>Nintendo Co. isn’t perceived as a major rival, the person said, because its main users tend to be younger than PlayStation’s core demographic.
Nintendo isn't a major rival because they are in completely different business, they make videogames, kek.

>The Average Nintendo user is close to its 30s, the fuck is PS Core Demographic, 40s?
the CEO is always stupid last good ceo that truly understood the ps branch was kaz.
>A second Sony official said the company believes people buy a videogame console to play graphics-heavy games
Great more movie games. Even more budget for everyone else while Japan studio and AA devs will get scraps. Why would they not consider Nintendo a rival?

>Nintendo Co. isn’t perceived as a major rival, the person said, because its main users tend to be younger than PlayStation’s core demographic
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Attached: 7w1wqsch9ig21.png (1920x1080, 2.44M)

what will Yea Forums be like in a couple years after sony wins another generation?

>Nintendo Co. isn’t perceived as a major rival, the person said, because its main users tend to be younger than PlayStation’s core demographic.
Is this sony trying to handwave nintendo away, or does their market research actually say that?

Attached: 41A261CE-5A04-4BA0-93BD-FABB6C457955.jpg (554x311, 36K)

you really are embracing a future of paid time exclusivity , yikes.

Attached: dwarfw43et342.jpg (394x417, 24K)

We're actually going to see a return to PS3 era levels of retardation from Sony, aren't we?

>want to only focus on AAA games
man, dev cycles will be a really hard realization once again, isnt it? I hope people are ready for NO GAMES two folds.

I'm done with Sony. Jap devs are more multiplatform than ever, including PC. I don't need Sony.

Oh boy a high end graphics console so I can see 8k censor bars.

Attached: 1559515588871.png (1217x808, 1.21M)

He is playing 4d chess. He knows that only nostalgia fueled boomer buy Nintendo for themself and at best they use their kids as an excuse, but he also knows core playstation buyers (teens) want to feel like they are adults

Where have you been for the last 30 years?

PC/Switch/PS5 master race confirmed. It's gonna be another difficult five years for Xtrannies.
Fuck off back to Discord and dilate there.

More like Hard-Core Gays amirite?

What the fuck does it mean to make a console for hardcore gamers. The games decide that, not the console. Reminds me of those ads for 360 that was attachments to the console
>kevlar plating so your console never gets damaged
>screws made of titanium because titanium is strong!
>theres a grenade holder because this console is a mans console, and men have grenades (also holds energy drinks)
>the controller can be customized like an AR15 with addon rails and variable adjustment analog control textures
>theres several powerful LED strips around the frame so you can never lose sight of your assets in the heat of combat at night
Its just for retards that think this is what being hardcore into videogames means.

>PC/Switch/PS5 master race confirmed
>has a PC
>has a Switch
whats the point on PS5? non exclusive and lesser graphics than PC?

This will kill the Switch, have fun playing ps3 tier first party games and getting no multiplats nintendies.

Attached: 1551233787505.jpg (867x720, 95K)

>graphics
>HARDCORE GAMERS LOVE EM
no

He wants to watch The Lez of Us 3

Oh my fucking god. How stupid do you have to be.

Attached: 1559774327718.png (478x523, 80K)

>Nintendo needs flavor of the month rehash

Attached: ss (2018-10-08 at 06.32.06).jpg (200x296, 24K)

>have fun
I will. Thank you.

Until I see what games the consoles have I haven o interested. What the fuck is the point of consoles without exclusives when you have a PC. This gen has been shit for PS4 exclusives, everything I would recommend getting a PS4 to play eventually came to PC, except BB, and though I like the game no game is worth buying a whole console for, the rest are just ok experiences you can have lived without playing happily.

But it's true. Rather spend 400 on a console for games that would need a 2k PC to operate well.
For who did you think consoles are? Yacht owners?

So it's for hardcore gamers, casual gamers, non-gamers, genderqueers, and dragonkin?

Can't wait to play hyper realistic walking and shooting simulator games. Good graphics are just a fucking gimmick if the gameplay sucks dick then it doesn't matter. Leave the high end GPU processing to the PC so you can play VR Hentai games in super high resolution.

gaming on consoles is more expensive tho? You are also paying 60 for every single game. On the other hand you can just build a 600 dollar PC and never pay for games.

>>The next PlayStation will be capable of processing 8K ultra-high-definition graphics, said the PlayStation unit’s chief, Jim Ryan, in May.
if PS4 Pro only has a handful of games that actually run native 4k, how stronger the PS5 needs to be to achieve 8k?
is there even a PC capable of playing 8k games?

OH NONONONOONON
so this is the power of gaystation fanbase?

>Rather spend 400 on a console for games that would need a 2k PC to operate well.
my 1K 6 years old PC makes PS4 looks like a bitch. hell are you talking about?

>Sony dabbing on bingtendo IRL

Attached: 1560127070772.jpg (500x375, 75K)

Technically it all depends on what you want to do with it. Playing 8k Pong isn't all that difficult.

Playstation: The place for true gamers since 1995

>first they want the hard core audience
>then they want the casual audience
>then they want the hard core again
> then the casual again
>then the GAYS
>then the entire fucking of the lgbtwhatever the fuck they want to add on to that list
>now it's back the hard core again, supposedly
WELL WHICH IS IT
YOU CAN'T SAY YOU WANT EVERYTHING IT DOESN'T WORK THAT WAY

>8K!
>120fps!
8000 total pixels

So no games then. I wish you good luck in your Super Mario Oddysey Speed runs and vasectomy.

>Sony Chief Executive Kenichiro Yoshida has even called the PlayStation a niche product
Uh?

Attached: 1558682047102.png (622x768, 472K)

There are no more good AAA games. Most good shit is indie, so we will see microsoft winning this gen.

DREAM OF CALIFORNICATION

Hardcore SJWs?

>bans and censors games that gamers buy, even their own japanese home region developers abandoning their console platform for Nintendo
>SNOY pushing western hollywood movie-games front and center
sounds like that jap doesn't know who SNOY is trying to cater to. not surprising since he's in japan and the people in charge are in San Fran

Manchilds and autistic pedophile losers don't count

And then there are faggots that tell me that PS5 won't be cinematic experiences. Jesus fucking crist, what the fuck happened to Naughty Dog and Sony, how do you from making actual videogames like Crash to making shit like TLOU.

>for Hard-Core Gamers
Well as far as Sony care dudebros and sois playing Uncharted and The Last of Us are "Hard-Core Gamers", so this doesn't really mean much.

oh boy, Sony is back to their PS3 attitude, what could fucking go wrong

Attached: ss (2018-12-27 at 06.41.37).jpg (777x799, 344K)

Worse.

599 US DOLLARS

>"hardcore gamers"
>release endless cinematic autoplay snoozefests that the game media laps up because it has some lezzer action in it.

The PS5 won't have 8K gaming, only 8K video content.

Doesn't really make a difference considering where their "cinematic" games are headed.

The Sony cycle

>have fun playing ps3 tier first party games
What is this even meant to mean? The PS3 has way better games than the PS4. Fuck the best games on the PS4 ARE PS3 games.

the pisstation is for faggets.

>>A second Sony official said the company believes people buy a videogame console to play graphics-heavy games
I HAVE BOUGHT SONY CONSOLES TO FUCKING PLAY SONY GAMES, NO MATTER HOW GRAPHICS-HEAVY THEY WERE
Fuck! Just make new Ape Escape and Gravity Rush games!

>You are also paying 60 for every single game.
You pay 60 for every single game on PC too. inb4 you steal and are using that as an argument.
>On the other hand you can just build a 600 dollar PC
Except i can't. PC parts where i live are crazy expensive and i cannot justify spending that much just for entertainment.
Not everybody lives in the USA or some other countries where parts are cheap. I'm not even going to get into having to upgrade every 2-3 years to keep up with the increased hardware demands of games. With consoles you only buy one once every 6-7 years.

>>Sony is concentrating its attention on large software publishers as it gets ready for the next PlayStation, according to executives at Sony and software makers. In general, publishers want their games on multiple platforms to maximize sales, while console makers look to make deals for exclusive content or an initial period of exclusive sales.
Bigger but fewer games!
FUCKING R.I.P.
How did things even get this bad? How!?

Attached: 1553895936903.jpg (956x3943, 601K)

>2-3 years
you don't
ffs that's just a myth

You cannot pirate on a console so its a legit argument faggot cunt. If you are poor why the fuck would you not wanna pirate.

I fucking bought PS4 because I expected more games like what PS3 got. Instead I barely got anything, and Sony has pretty much come and said that the few games I liked won't be their focus anymore. Fuck this shit.

>I'm not even going to get into having to upgrade every 2-3 years
my 6 years old rig runs laps around PS4. 2-3 year is being on the industrial age while Consoles are discovering fire

The games aren't bigger desu, there's 3 hours of "follow the path" gameplay and 7 hours of cutscenes

>8k
Meme
How about reaching stabel framerate in 1080p content first

developing time is bigger tho. specially if devs starts to fight back this crunch times policies

They are bigger because they have models with zillion polygons and somebody on dev team got to spent a month perfecting the skin-texture of the protagonist.

>7 hours of cutscenes
Thats how they pretend their console has "good graphics". A normie doesn't know the difference between an in-game engine and a pre-rendered cutscene.

I'll buy a PS5 day 1 if I can play my PS4 copy of Bloodborne in 60fps.

Even realtime cutscenes are cheaper because you don't need real-time AI or physics, can cache all animation, know exactly which assets will be in sight at every moment, etc.

That's why benchmarks are bullshit, too. Much lighter on the CPU, no streaming issues, no unforseen alpha/physics escalation

As opposed to no games on the Cuckbox, Xtranny.

if they wouldnt count, nintendo´d be dead nowadays

your 6 YEAR (not years esl) old pc will not run cyberpunk as good as ps4

More like hardcore gaymers, lmao

>b-b-but XBOX DONT HAVE GAMES EITHER!!! SO THAT MEANS IS OK FOR ME TO NO HAVE GAMES!!!

Attached: ss (2018-12-13 at 03.51.59).jpg (1041x701, 409K)

You wont be able to. The game is fundamentally flawed and running over that framerate breaks shit.

>the fifa station
>hardcore gaming

>Sony does not see Nintendo as Competition
>Switch have outsold PS4 more months since Release in NA
>Japan is basically Nintendo's Land
Europe is basically the saving grace of PS and I dont think their economy post brexit will be friendly to a new console
and lets not talk about the shit show if USA does put a tariff on China

>8k

Attached: 1311586192279.jpg (533x400, 112K)

They really are going to kill the Japanese gaming industry. Maybe the reason Bamco has been cutting deals with MS is because Sony abandoned them

Answer me this Yea Forums.
Would you rather have a $500+ console where the majority of the price comes from "muh power terraflopz naviz" while having a lesser focus on fun? Or a cheaper console focused around just playing games, havinf lesser power and not watching a 20 hour movie?

Attached: 1449773047362.png (794x972, 129K)

AGAIN WITH THIS DISGUSTING LIE
>haha gamers we're totally cool right? Please buy our 5000$ console! Look it has power and the weeb games we love so much! they're totally not games we fucking hate and reluctantly push while we develop AAAA normalfag pandering movies!
40 millions sales lates
>NEVERMIND FUCK GAMERS HAHAHAHA THANK YOU FOR BETA TESTING! HERE'S OUR NEW PS5PRO WITH 4 TIMES THE POWER AT 1/4 OF THE COST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ALL SO IT CAN RUN OUR NEW MOVIE GAMES WE SPEND BILLIONS ON AND KILLED OFF THE REST OF OUR NICHE SHIT STUDIOS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'll never fucking buy Playstation again ever again.

Attached: never forgive sony.png (1600x900, 79K)

BallisticNG runs laps around every single sony exclusive this gen.

>A second Sony official said the company believes people buy a videogame console to play graphics-heavy games.

Yea Forums BTFO

>everyone taking the bait this hard even though the fucking specs of the systems haven’t even been released
>but sony pretty much all but confirmed movie games
You would think after this gen people would have wised up to such things.
They lost my favor after making PSN a paid service on the PS4 for no reason but grabbing more $$$, but even then Xbox still does it better.

Attached: 8AA47A85-95C1-419B-809A-866DA0183D0E.jpg (750x896, 405K)

was there ever a version of this included the xbox hat?

But xbox has games? They are heavily flawed, but they are games.

no.
pic related

Attached: 1512820315551.png (4192x1348, 1.28M)

Shitstation 4, PSP and Wii are the worst consoles I bought wish I didn't buy.

the ps4 has several great games, the PSP is a god-tier emulation machine with native ps1 support and the wii was ompatible with gamecube games and controllers, and also had a few good games itself. cry harder faggot

Attached: 1512821585209.png (748x1082, 131K)

>posts an bait image ignoring smaller games
>mad Sony does not focus on indies
the retardation

Attached: 1529098079455.png (755x757, 342K)

>ignoring smaller games
You mean exactly what Sony have stated they're going to do going forward?

eh, how can the ps5 bring me back to the good ol ps2 days, though?

Anyone else find e3 more enjoyable without Sony? There was definitely less shitposting on Yea Forums

sonyfags are the source of all evil on this board. of course e3 was better off without them

>Failing to see the hypocrisy even when spelled out
seek help

Why do Yea Forums always feels threatened by Sony?

If anything, they are the ones more likely to succeed next gen

Attached: IMG_20190617_081510.jpg (1111x795, 106K)

>Sony Chief Executive Kenichiro Yoshida has even called the PlayStation a niche product, aimed at serious players.

That's really ironic after Layden belittled hardcore gamers and the games they churn out have low replayability value. This is just lipservice nothing more.

>And then there are faggots that tell me that PS5 won't be cinematic experiences. Jesus fucking crist, what the fuck happened to Naughty Dog and Sony, how do you from making actual videogames like Crash to making shit like TLOU.

Naughty dog never had any real talent. Its a facade. The guy really responsible for Crash got ousted by Rubin and Gavin. Crash wasn't the brainchild of Gavin and Rubin, it's completely the opposite. Naughty dog has solely been riding on the perception that they're creative.

Sony tried to recreate Crash through Knack, but failed because they don't understand the essence and charm that Crash has/had.

>gaming heritage
movies, non of the good old games of the past exist for Sony

>If you're a true GAMER you will buy our new Playstation 5
wow I got get one now

>All these Nintendog tears ITT

He's right you fucking idiots, Nintendo makes games aimed for children. You're the weird ones for playing colorful jumpey-dumpey rainbow games all day on overpriced hardware over the age of 25. You're literal manchildren, just admit and deal with it.

>nintendo it's doing it's own thing so they are on a different market and we won't target them

Based Sony. Nintendo and Sony are the only consoles that matter.

someone should send that image to that faggot ass nigger of elite

Attached: 1561343316679.png (228x228, 80K)

Hopefully we don't go with the 8k meme and just do 4k 60fps or some shit. I don't want to be playing 30fps 4k/8k games next gen.

please, tell me more

Attached: ss (2019-06-29 at 08.52.41).jpg (597x354, 69K)

>>Sony sees Microsoft as its main competitor in the next generation, with Google a potential threat in the mid- to long-term as internet technology advances, one company official said. Nintendo Co. isn’t perceived as a major rival, the person said, because its main users tend to be younger than PlayStation’s core demographic.
>The Average Nintendo user is close to its 30s, the fuck is PS Core Demographic, 40s?

He is right, Nintendo has never been a threat for Sony, in fact, Sony has been dabbing on Nintendo for several gens

Attached: 1557163229873.webm (960x540, 2.32M)

ready to spend 800 dollarydoos on a console Yea Forums?

If we only spent our time playing Brown & Bloom Zombie Warfare Battlefield 6 we would be as cultured as you.

>Nintendo has never been a threat for Sony, in fact, Sony has been dabbing on Nintendo for several gens
sure they have

Attached: ss (2019-06-29 at 08.56.26).png (1858x715, 81K)

>Japan

lel

tell me when was the last month PS4 outsold Switch in NA?

>but the emphasis is on strengthening relationships with large publishers since resources are limited
What the fuck are they talking about? Video games are being played by more people than ever before, and video games are making more money than ever before.

>hard-core
>at a cinematic 30fps

Lmao at the queer nintentrannies in this thread that want to play pitifully easy 240p bingbongwahooo! "games" with $100 cardboard peripherals. Why are nintards such a cancerous fanbase?

>hardcore gamer
>fifa/apex players
>pc will still be stronger
Weird

I own every current gen console and hated all of them. This gen sucked. No good games on any platform.

Who actually buys a switch? I mean, what are the selling points?
I'm genuinely curious because it seems more like a cult badge than a viable platform at this point. What am I missing?

>Cali cucked Snoy

Who cares

Sony has never dabbed on Nintendo. Like, ever.

There's this weird narrative that-

>Casual games don't count
>The handheld games don't count
>The Wii doesn't count
>The insane amount of dosh Nintendo makes by STICKING TO A BUDGET doesn't count.

Sony really was only ever able to compete due to their willingness to pump money into development costs, hoping to drive Nintendo out of the industry. That isn't exactly smart business sense.

>Who actually buys a switch?
obese gay sissy man children

Gamers.

Nintendo appeals to people who like games.

>Sony has never dabbed on Nintendo

PSX destroyed the N64
PS2 ravaged GameCube anus
PS Vita outlived the Wii U
PS4 is still selling way more than Switch

>8k 60fps for 500 dollars
Feels good to be a playstation gamer. Ps5 has already won next gen.

Attached: 1560271798250.png (633x874, 56K)

Oh my fucking god can't wait for games to take 4 years to develope because devs are pressured into maximizing the fucking graphics son of a BITCH. Gamer health isn't the best thing in the world niggas are literally going to die before getting to play games their excited for

If you really couldn't figure it out on your own, the portability is a big deal.

>Gamers.
>Nintendo appeals to people who like games.

That's why the Wii U was a huge success?

>PS4 is still selling way more than Switch

Attached: Facepalm.jpg (349x716, 48K)

>have mentality like that
>wonders why everyone laughs at you

Why do I literally never see anyone with a Switch outside? Are you all playing your bing-bing-wahoo games while shitting or something?

user, games already take 4 years to develop. anything faster requires 300 + People teams or Crunch, and we are seeing how crunch will be singles out from the pipe lines, so games will take even longer.

>Why do I
>I
>my personal experience is a reflect of the world
pathetic

You can't have hard-core gamers as your target audience when all your big exclusives are cinematic walky talky garbage.

>tfw still playing vita

Attached: images (13).jpg (561x546, 25K)

Is it really though? I can't remember the last time I was going somewhere and I wasn't driving., walking or biking there. When I arrived, I had shit to do which is why I went there to begin with.
Such as? Taking pics of the box and farming upvotes on reddit?

Switch is destroying PS4 pretty much everywhere. It's a big reason as to why Sony is pumping out PS5 so fast. PS4 Pro didn't save the console like they hoped.

>>PS4 is still selling way more than Switch

They're pretty much selling the same

Sony is planning to sell 17 million consoles for their next fiscal year

Nintendo is planning to sell 18 million

I haven't kept up in the past 6-8 months, but PS4 was outselling the switch almost every month, about every 5 months the Switch slightly outsells it but for the most part PS4 sells more. Which is pretty bad considering PS4 was already past its mid-life when Switch came out, the Switch is a brand new system AND it merges Nintendo's homeconsole/Portable divisionsm and thus sales expectations.

inb4 you post regional sales instead of the real total (worldwide)
not the guy you replied to btw. Also I saw you mentioning profit in another post, you know PSN alone makes more than the whole of Nintendo?

>Why do I literally never see anyone with a Switch outside?
You might if you actually went outside

>all Nintendos big exclusives and the same tired 100 year old repetitive painfully easy franchises
>all of Microsofts big exclusives dont exist
>same with PC
So who exactly does appeal to "hard-core" gamer when you apply the retarded logic you just did?

with the exception of November, PS4 has not outsold Switch any month in USA in the past 12 months

JP is not even worth to mention at this point

>So no games then. I wish you good luck in your Super Mario Oddysey Speed runs and vasectomy.

Love how you completely ignore the entire line-up just fit your pitiful mindset

I have a micropenis

So which games are the killer apps for the switch? Which games MUST you have that make the platform?

BOTW. The open world game that shits all over the biggest open world games that you would cite against it. Among them Witcher 3 and RDR2.

Splatoon 2: An online shooter with unique premise and setting. Tons of originality and charm.

Mario Maker 2. An endlessly replayable Mario game with an easy to use, incredibly robust level editor.

>Ape Escape and Gravity Rush
why always the crossover between these two?

>you cannot pirate on a console
lmao pctards everyone

Because they are fun series that Sony doesn't give a shit about.

Sony shills have to alternate between franchises in order to drum up interest for them.

Now that Crash is out, they can't hype it up without those games being called out for being mediocre.

>Among them Witcher 3 and RDR2.
Fuck you got me. I thought you were serious for a second. You win.

where's the games

Who the fuck keeps buying PlayStation 4s? You got bloodborne, GoW, RdR2, Spiderman and FIFA and that's about it. Is there some kind of wave of third worlders who can finally afford the PlayStation and they're buying it for FIFA or what?

Does you boyfriend let you suck his cock as a reward for posting shit like this?

>we target hardcore gamers
>also we censor everything

Attached: 1559371904047.png (612x625, 97K)

European PS4 sales makes up for the difference. like i said, worldwide sales aren't that different for Sony PS4 and Switch

Mind you, PS4 is 6 year old

Considering the recent news that Epic is buying games on their store themselves in order to pretend that games are successful on there, I suspect that Sony is doing something similar with their releases and hardware.

There is simply no way that Horizon Zero Dawn is an eight million seller. No one talked about or played that game.

>and that's it
>proceeds to buy a PS4 port 2 years after it was released

They say this every single gen and it's always a lie.

>E3 last year was ey

Funny, because many outlets considered them the winner of E3

>Cross Play issues

They are already solving them, also PS4 has the most crossplay games with PC

>PS1 classic

Yeah, that was shitty but mini consoles are just basically boxed emulators so what gives?

>Cancelled PSX
>Ditched E3

Because they are readying for next gen

>Censorship

Legit issue but not as big or bad as people pretend to be

>PSN change name shitshow

How?

>State of Play was trash

First one, they redeemed with second one

>Sony tried to recreate Crash through Knack, but failed because they don't understand the essence and charm that Crash has/had.

Well yeah, but my point is that Sony doesn't try to make games like that anymore. And they shut down exclusives that try bring something like Gravity Rush 2. Is all about cinematic experiences.

>Sony won E3

These threads are pathetic.

Attached: Sony Skipping E3 is really smart.jpg (1072x766, 80K)

>Sony tried to recreate Crash through Knack

Knack was basically its own thing, hell, they are totally different kind of games except for platforming

This is reaching

Attached: 1546818256430.png (1155x722, 55K)

Can't wait for Sony to do a massive fuck up next Gen like with the ps3

Sony has won 4 generations now. It'll probably be 5 the way things are going. This is unprecedented.

>Funny, because many outlets considered them the winner of E3
lol

another ps3 would be based. It's honestly still the best console to play right now

Both are different companies in size and employees

Mind you, Nintendo is only a videogame company.

>Won

No they haven't.

Sony fans massively overestimate how expensive Playstation is to maintain. In sheer profits relative to the size of the company Nintendo has come out on top every time.

How can bing bing ever recover?

Haha. Um...okay?

nice try Sony California, nice try...
Do they think we have amnesia or something? are they backpedaling? (I highly doubt)

Attached: time to go back to the 90's.jpg (743x395, 37K)

>Mind you, PS4 is 6 year old
PS3 sales didnt slow down till PS4 was out

Lucky we only compare it to the video game section of Sony then.

so uhh where are the games then

They didn’t win the wii gen, even the xbox playstation race they only maybe barely won out in terms of sales at the very end, and that doesn’t guarantee profit. You also have to remember that while microsoft will always have government contracts Sony as a company is pretty much in the shitter aside from the Playstation brand

Xbox does it better and with actual security; and thanks to their shit Nintendo followed through, but while a shit service, at least they haven't lost my bank account to random hackers yet.

You shouldn't charge for a service if you can't protect the personal information.

Out and still more to come. Pretty based, I know.

psn made more money than nintendo and xbox combined. sony always wins

Surely this is a joke

Attached: suspicion.png (557x432, 132K)

>Sony fuck up ps3
>recovers and becomes best console that gen

>Nintendo fucks up wii u
>abandon it and pretend it never existed then scam customers into buying an equally shitty port box with more mario shovelware

It's all bullshit until it's out, they lied their asses off with the capabilities of 3 and 4 before release.
>power of the cell

What a sad post

PSN is a main hub that gets a cut out of anything paid tru it, that include movies, music, subscription... so, wow, its fucking nothing. png

No one gives a fuck about wii dude you can hardly even call it a gaming console

Fucking kek
It's true both are aiming right now for different markets, but the core demographic of sony is filled with fucking kids

the only exclusive I have on my ps4 that doesn't suck is bloodborne
ps5 looks like it'll be worse not better

>>recovers and becomes best console that gen
you forgot teh part where they bleed 7 Billions, (7,000,000,000,000$) something that would have drive out literally any other company out of the market were not Kaz had a soft spot for the PS branch and decided to put a lot of resources and $$$$$ into saving it at expenses of anything else they could trim (including several branches and employees)

You need to go outside in order to see people outside, it's not that hard to figure out.

I've even seen people playing their switch on the Mexican subway, and it isn't exactly a safe enough place to not get your switch stolen like a retard.

why I would be interested in a new gen console with 8k ray-tracing memeshit when the only things that are allowed to be in the screen are shapeless politically correct goblinas? didn't they learn anything from the VHS vs Betamax era?

Attached: 24-6-2019 0.6.47 10.jpg (791x583, 100K)

Based Sony dabbing on the indiefags that try to port their low effort shit.

>moving goalposts

PSN is a service provided specifically on PlayStation consoles and counts. PS3 won get over it

you answered your own question there.

Hardcore moviegoer, yeah.

So you're a contrarian, cool.

>its fucking nothing
>still more than xbox and nintendo combine
>nothing
BAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHA

Winning is winning baby

PSN is an store front if you are gonna bring in how money.

you've got your head buried in the sand if you think I'm the only one saying the ps4 has no games beside bloodborne

Thats a "you" problem. Everyone else begs to differ.

Does Sony really want their own version of what Microsoft did with the Xbox One X? What's the point of all the power when it has no games? Nobody wants to buy a Ferrari with slashed tires and no gas

Attached: 1458507422510.jpg (750x732, 161K)

>being 7 Billions in the red is winning
what are you? Donald Trump?

Actually true. As shown by consoletards throwing a shitfit every time a new tech demo for some new gpu for PC is revealed.
>But muh gameplay is more implrtant thatn gfx
And then consoles leapfrog for a week and it's
>PC gfx btfo

Delusional as well, huh? Boi, you got it rough.

Manchildren can't cope with the truth user

>Being president of the US isn't winning
What are you, Hillary Clinton?

>all these literal SEETHING PC players desperate to spout how much more powerful their PCs are than this before its even released
There is no disputing that PCs are far more powerful than a cheaper, more compact, tailored spec console so what's your argument? Why are you in hear raging about how other people spend their money ? People do it for the ease of use, the space saving, the fact it fits into most family living rooms (while being hidden away) that pick up and play aspect.
Why does Yea Forums SEETH so hard whenever Sony is even mentioned ? At least they aren't going down the streaming route ffs. Yes it's a big company but so are Microsoft Nintendo, steam epic all as shitty as each other in their own ways. Fuck off if you dont want to discuss Sony. You claim Sony has the worst fanbase and this is how you all react to sony TALKING about the power of their console ? embarassing children.

Attached: 8B37EE34-39B5-4DA3-AC1F-E119F70FCBDE.jpg (267x323, 7K)

>playstation
>niche

not anymore fuckboys

Literally nothing wrong with pumping more money into a product to improve it is
Better than
>fuck up wii u
>stamp Nintendo on some cardboard to recoup losses
Tendies are Braindead spastics

>average Nintendo player is 30
What? Lol no Nintendo is the children's console, take one look at their games you retard

Are people in this thread legitimately mad for some reason or are they just trying to bait Sonyfags into giving them (You)s ?

Attached: 1446870237601.jpg (320x320, 38K)

I don't believe they have the capability of beating Microsoft's RTX on next gen without bleeding money. They can't even use the console money sink as part of another profitable project like microsoft has done with xbox

I think it's because despite $1200 GPUs existing for games, no real growth in graphics technology happens on PC. It's all just ports from console and the best looking games are still console exclusive.

>development costs increasing
>exclusives

lmao sony

But it's true, pcfags do this especially, they pay autistic money just for graphics and that's the only real benefit of PC because it gets no games.

Attached: nekopara switch.jpg (1280x720, 236K)

who else is ready for another generation of 24fps games because huuuuuuurr muh grafix

Attached: Switch vs PS4.png (500x763, 178K)

Sony got a bit fucked by demographics.
Catering to young adults is a good strategy Ads aimed at kids use older kids and young adults. Just like ads aimed at soccer moms use younger women. You advertise with what people want to be.
They just got fucked when it turns out modern gamers are rapidly turning into closet-pedophile man-children who want to be kids rather than adults so they go to Nintendo.

That's not an average Nintendo game and you know it, show me le funny cartoon moustache jumpy man

It's pure envy

Sony started to die after PS2, the king had an amazing ride but what remains of that it's only a corpse... and now it's remains are in hands of Californians

youtube.com/watch?v=YlUKcNNmywk

Attached: the last dab.gif (416x307, 2.58M)

sony won't be seeing a cent from me. they've shown to give 0 fucks about the hardcore market the moment they started censoring shit. faggots

Attached: 2.png (1024x1494, 2.6M)

That's not for adults, that's for nips and autistic pedos who suddenly became gamers in 2015 because it was fashionable.

What? Wake up user, ps4 was more successful than ps2.

If you saw the e-shop you'd know that most games are lewd VNs and panty quest. The vita library had to go somewhere

GRAFIXX
==
HARDCORE

Devolver is the only company not out of touch with its consumers.

So I guess you feel the same about Nintendo who have been heavily censoring games and flat out refusing to have them since the 80s?

Sony is not concerned with Nintendo because Nintendo doesn't get the same as Sony and vice-versa
Playstation doesn't get Smash, and Switch doesn't get Call of Duty
That's all there is to it. Everybody talking about demographics or censorship or whatever are steering the conversation towards irrelevant stuff

Sony is finished.

When does playing PlayStation start getting shit bros? I've been going strong since 1996.

People are legit mad that Sony is dabbinig so hard on Nintendo and MS

Attached: 1561559169490.jpg (474x374, 140K)

It’s not even the security bit, as true as that is, Xbox Live is just objectively better than PSN. But at least with the PS3 you could say PSN is free for everyone, now at this point there is literally no reason to prefer PSN over Xbox Live. Sony is doing the same exact thing Microsoft did with the Xbox One and the PS5 isn’t even out yet.

>BUT NINTENDO

Attached: 1561747606453.jpg (623x426, 58K)

Devolver knows its adult swim rick & morty consumer base pretty well. They'll eat anything up if it's got just the right corporate safe type of edge to it.

It's about to be 5 gens in a row as the best gaming console. You'll never be able to cope.

fuck you sony. i am with blanny now

Attached: 1553337354452.png (866x2942, 1.03M)

>No games
>Censored everything
>Appeal to the trannies and kid fucking homos
>Push independent companies out
>Take 8 years to develope one mediocre game
>Be the most expensive console
>With the most expensive online
>Lose millions of users private information to hackers
>Give the big middle finger to your fans
>Next console is going to emphasize the graphics even more
Sony always wins baby

yep. the ps2 was amazing. the downfall started with the psp (last sony system i bought). it was still decent and had lots of potential (maverick hunter x, megaman powered up, crisis core, kh bbs, gundam vs gundam next+, lumines and a few other games, the emulators as well)

the ps3 was the beginning of the end. they fucked up completely, microsoft was anally raping them in the west and sony started focusing on garbage racing and shooters. that's when it died right there. california taking over now was just the expected outcome after all that. anyone who likes japanese games and has been buying sony's system past the psp (excluding the vita) just likes to take it up the ass

the vita was japanese oriented, but overall i didn't like it and it doesn't come even close to even the psp, let alone the ps1 or the ps2. these days, the japanese games are on steam or if they're console only, nintendo. and every day, there's less of them being console-exclusive

in short, fuck sony. fucking faggots

i haven't bought a nintendo system since the gba sp (and snes before). since the snes, their systems have been only for nintendo games (outside the gba sp and maybe the ds, though i didn't like most of its games). that said, nintendo today is much better wrt than sony. sony is just straight up GARBAGE

i probably won't buy another nintendo system, but i definitely won't buy another sony system

Attached: demen of semon.jpg (836x1111, 765K)

The console will be affordable because they will raise the price of PS+ to $100

Attached: 1560273847768.png (573x346, 355K)

Devolver Cringeital

Which will generate the most salt?
>Sony winning for the 5th time
>Nintendo toppling their streak
>VtM: Bloodlines 2 tanking
>VtM: Bloodlines 2 succeeding
>Same with Cyberpunk 2077 and Star citizen
>Trump taking another term
>Trump being defeated
Man, there will be a lot of mineable salt in the immediate future.

>So I guess you feel the same about Nintendo who have been heavily censoring games and flat out refusing to have them since the 80s?
did you miss the last Q&A or just pretending to be retarded (or actually retarded)

Oh boy more movies

Attached: 4e2d838beddc6c698b002c8b.jpg (367x332, 22K)

>have fun playing good games from an objectively better console

What did he mean by this?

in exchange you will get fewer """free""" games

i have over a hundred on my ps4

Doesn’t matter, if you’re going for the cynical “whoever made the most money won the generation” thing than it still won and I’m still right. And since sony fans seem to rely on this cynical or faux cynical mindset, it works in the argument.

sony made the mistake of pissing off the hardcore market. the normie market buys whichever system sells the most, which means the hardcore have to buy it first. now they're trying to damage control their retarded decisions, except hardcore gamers aren't gonna fall for it

sony better get those movie games, gran turismo and whatever other normie shit going because they're fucked otherwise. and they better get used to having a low attach ratio per system, because normies buy 5 games or so over the entire duration of the system life, since they barely play their games

if sony was desperate during the ps3 days, i can only imagine how they're going to be now. hope this shitheap of a company gets financially raped by the ps5. maybe next time they won't listen to the trannies

DilationStation 5 only for Hardcore Gaymers bitches! Anime tits? Fuck that! It's time for more pozzed moviegames!

Attached: 1545847323761.webm (1280x720, 2.96M)

Profits is an objective measurement, cynical as it is. If you don't make sufficient profit, you don't get to compete next round. What's your alternative objective metric for success measurement?

Attached: дрейк-графон-суть-ПКигор-песочница-1015037.jpg (325x614, 46K)

>sony made the mistake of pissing off the hardcore market. the normie market buys whichever system sells the most, which means the hardcore have to buy it first. now they're trying to damage control their retarded decisions, except hardcore gamers aren't gonna fall for it
hardcore gamers all bought the dreamcast when it came out but it didn't matter because normies waited for the ps2
you're talking shit, real gamers are nothing but a drop in the ocean compared to the masses

Yes, user we get it, it’s you, the person making a wall of text, that is seething, but all the people who disagree with you.

the next kojima game comes with huge installations and load time screens telling the player to dilate every 15 min

Attached: kek cuck.jpg (480x360, 16K)

What exactly is a hardcore gamer? Like i don't play online games and I'm not particularly good at games but i play a lot of them and trophy hunt. I mostly play weeboo fantasy escapism. Is that hardcore gaming or is it just fortnite cod killstreak rank 100 noob ganking?

This level of delusion is unhealthy.

Why do Yea Forums always get triggered by Sony?

Legit question, i don't see any other company creating such big butthurt and anal devastation in this board

Attached: sony ps4.jpg (712x577, 44K)

nigger please. back then pc gaming was dead. that's were many of the normies for sports games are today

not only that, the ps2 had gta3 exclusively as well as sega completely fucking people over with the saturn. the dreamcast did not have that much of the hardcore market captured. that's revisionist as fuck, or you don't understand what happened back then

Ps5 will have in built censorship technology that will automatically blur even a single pixel of cleavage or panty. Get ready for the future!

>MUH SALES
lmao this is all Snoycucks have

>MUH SALES
>WII WON

>talking about PS5
>Brings in PS4
insecure much?

>brags about hardware sales
>never about software sales

i wonder why that is

Attached: 1558424861383.png (763x474, 23K)

depends who you ask. if you ask retard people like michael pachter, he'll say it's people who play cockofdoody. if you ask here, it's people like you

the way i see it
hardcore - you
casual - cockofdoody, gran turismo
non gamers - movie watchers, walkign simulators, trannies and phone

>B-B-B-BUT NINTEDOUGH
AHHAHAHAHAHAHAH HE KEEPS GOING

He's completely correct and that's terrible.

All of that money for nothing lmao.

Attached: 1553574147596.png (1028x1019, 846K)

Every "movie" game i've played had better game play than anything Nintendo has done. I don't think you'd be good eneough to beat Uncharted on crushing difficulty if you honestly believe bing bing wahoo and zelda are peaks of gameplay.

Yea Forums wants to be contrarian
To be contrarian you need to hate the thing most people like.

it's corporate shitposting. they might as well have just said "whirrrrrrrrrrr" and hummed party rock when they were asked about nintendo.

They are revamping their mobile division tho

seethe

Attached: file.png (800x448, 489K)

phonies for trannies

Attached: forty percent.png (738x669, 186K)

the ps2 didn't get gta 3 until late 2001 and by then the dreamcast was long discontinued
the dreamcast had all the arcade shit that was like crack for the old guard but was already out of fashion with normies

Sony knows its fans are brainwashed drones, apparently.

Attached: laugh scroll.webm (936x592, 753K)

I still can't believe this is getting a US release

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-06-29 at 7.25.36 AM.png (894x513, 824K)

You are proving his point, you just get so triggered by Sony

It's hilarious

Also the Dreamcast was fucked over pretty hard by piracy.

>Bullying sad people is good

It has actually games that don't feel like gimped pc ports
also It's games doesn't have the california treatment

Attached: 1560112812854.png (492x467, 275K)

>i was just pretending to be retarded

Triggered lol

funny to see now the family friendly platform that sells literally cardboard being even more mature than the fucking Playstation brand, it boils my blood to see the current state of it, every time I see my old 5-6 gen magazines it breaks me, all those muh fucking graphics for nothing, just nuke California, use those fucking nukes for something productive for once.

Attached: 1561732163116.jpg (604x590, 103K)

Do you not get the ENTIRE point of being a Platform Holder? It's the absolute highest tier position in the gaming industry and also the hardest to get into & maintain, which is why we only see 2 to 3 at any one time.

PSN/XBG, etc is 90% of what you want as a platform holder, that's where the giant profit comes in, nearly for free - all other costs of making 1st party games and having deals with 3rd parties are to maintain a lead so that more people use your ecosystem. That's the end-game.
You're saying the end-game doesn't matter. Ok I laughed.

I know I'm buying it

>PC/Switch/PS5
Why do I need a Switch when Yuzu is already emulating games at full speed?
Why do I need a PoS5 when the only two worthwhile games for PoS4 were both Japanese and Snoy not only abandoned them they also started censoring 3rd party Japanese games on their platform.
I agree that Xbone 2 is also worthless.

Literally what the fuck is the point of consoles anymore?

Attached: 1561240588729.png (387x720, 528K)

I like pinballs, but this one looks boring. One ramp. That's shit. And it's just the same circular shape on both boards.

>Hardcore
>Console
KEK

I think once streaming services take off and third parties abandon Sony and Xbox they will no longer be able to compete.

Attached: Laughing Squids.png (1296x1186, 771K)

console gaming died with the ps2

>hardcore
>FIFA, GTA and CoD

The absolute state of Sony. Jesus Christ how the mighty have fallen and shat themselves

>They covered the titties
Fucking californicuck censorshit reeeeeeee! They may as well be wearing burkas, desu

>the average nintendo user is in their 30s
Not even close. What's your source gonna be, some online census that asked 10,000 people at most? Surprise, kids don't take fucking those fucking questionnaires.

Anyway, they probably meant their target demo, which is absolutely correct, nintendo aims for 13-21, sony and MS have shifted to an 18-25 as of gen 8.

I don't know anyone who believes that 8k120fps shit though, where did it even come from? Was it actually from a real person or was it some twitter bullshit that retards made stick?

Who does Sony actually view as hardcore gamers? The millions who buy stuff like God of War and Uncharted and play through the games once, or people who buy games like Bloodborne and Spyro and then sink countless hours into those games, because they have enough depth to warrant extended and repeat playthroughs?

You're right. PS3 still had some decent niche Japanese games for it but the main appeal of plug and play died. PoS4 doesn't even have the Japanese niche games to fall back on.

To be a member of a species you must be able to produce fertile offspring with another member of the species. This is a basic identification used by biologists, but of course humans are above animals so I wouldn't say naturally infertile women who don't bleed or men who blow dust are in the same boat as if they could reproduce they happily would and they did not use their consciousness to reject their species. Though mankind itself has the power to transcend instinct, which separates them from animals, so by the decision of a man to reject their means of reproduction it can only be so that such a man is no longer human.
But why am I telling you this?
Effectively, I see a problem with your post. You referred to trannies as people.
Trannies are not people, they have chosen this.

>official evidence doesn't count because it doesn't provide the results i want

if you had a SNES (mostly for it's RPG), PS1, GB, PS2, Gamecube... you wouldn't be making this kind of questions

the former. sony thinks it's the same market as the latter

If you don't already own an 8k display that'll up the cost by at least five thousand though you nimrod.

Sony does this evefy fucking generation
>bring up a new marketing term for their "overpowered" hardware
>shittalk their competition
>steal concepts, products and ideas from nintendo, wholesale
>put in tons of bloat in their hardware that no one uses
>let the gaming bloggers call their new hardware bleeding edge
>perform significantly worse than 2-3 year old computers.
>focus on non gaming shit

>To be a member of a species you must be able to produce fertile offspring with another member of the species.
So NEETs and trannies are not really humans after all. I knew it.

>Sony stopped giving a crap about Crash
>Franchise fell into decay
>Fans kept bitching about it
>Resulted in pretty good remakes by current owner of the franchise
I seriously don't give a shit about which system the good games are for, as long as they are being fucking made.
Am I a Sony shill if I'm complaining about how Sony doesn't focus on kind of games I enjoy anymore, and instead just makes endless cinematic experiences?

WHERE'S THE GAMES

name 1 (one) instance of that happening this millennium

Because for many years people put a lot of love in that brand for now being fucking BETRAYED and pissed on their faces

Attached: 1513664369321.jpg (625x1286, 243K)

READING COMPREHENSION

>Sony wants the heavy graphical movie experience fanbase
>Microsoft wants exclusive games available on PC for the umerikkan audience as a media device
>Nintendo cut corners every damn generation with the worse console of the market and now even main 1st party titles suffer this(like Mario and Zelda) that even got more casual than before and others titles like Pokemon, FE, Yoshi, SFox, Kirby are mediocre games at best
>handheld market is dead because of mobile and now gacha shit
>everyone is remaking games

Jesus christ. The only thing left for next gens for me are 1)some indie titles, 2)some shit Sega, Platinum,wtv else can pull once every 3 years
If at least Nintendo was the same Nintendo in GBA/DS eras but now with the Switch, I would always have some games to look forward, but now I dont.
It will be better to play some games I missed from previous gens than wasting money with Bone.too, PS4.5, Switch.

> I don't know anyone who believes that 8k120fps shit though
just look at any sony thread

consolefags are the dumbest fanboys in the industry, worse than blizzfags or even EAfags, they hold the entire industry back with their shitty tech. top of the line water cooled PCs with dual RTX can't handly 8K12fps right now

ps5 being "able to do 8K" will just be for streaming and shitty 2d indie games. the ps4 can't even do 1080p 60fps stable right now on most AAA games. and we're supposed to think it can do 4K, let alone 8K?

>implying I'll ever buy a snoy cuckstation again

Attached: D7FtRriV4AIRW3Z.jpg (1024x922, 91K)

It's sad, because there's definitely market for big-budget games like latter, and Sony did have pretty good grip on very varied exclusives.
I guess good for them that their new focus is still turning profit for them, but for me it's like "I will not buy your new games."

YOU TURNED Yea Forums AGAINST ME!

Attached: 1523026684395.png (734x408, 443K)

>official evidence
which is heavily skewed by the way it was delivered. You can't expect an online questionnaire delivered to the email account attached to the ID is going to be filled with kid respondents. I mean, shit, if that were the case and that sort of retarded garbage was valid, Yea Forums is actually comprised of 93.7% 10 year old girls.

just buy games on steam. if there aren't enough, get a new hobby or replay the old ones. that's what it's come down to

>all that reaching for nintendo

Come the fuck on. The heavy censorship happened with Fire Emblem Fates, Tokyo Mirage Sessions and Xenoblade Chronicles X. Sure, they since told Treehouse to keep their hands off, but pretending that shit like this hasn't happened yet won't do you any favours.

Yes?

Attached: 1559650809976.png (1039x988, 1.16M)

Dont forget bailed out by EA and Activision still making FIFA and CoD every year to actually sell anything more than 15m consoles.

>buy our next console Goy, we will give you games for hard-core gamers, my fellow gamers
>make less games, more movies and cinematic experiences
Come on, this is just a bait from Sony, they want you to buy PS5, and after they have 40-50 million people, they will drop hard-core gamers meme and continuu to make movies and cinematic experiences.

Attached: 1546956482386.jpg (1024x944, 141K)

>but nintendo

The cloud will starve consoles of the normie playerbase if Google and Amazon start funding AAA cloud exclusive games. Imagine a cloud exclusive built from the ground up to run on 2+ Intel Xeon CPUs and 2+ Vega GPUs, the raw power of the cloud is insane specially for games that won't suffer too much from the input latency. This is what will kill off the "wow" market of consoles that Sony so heavily relies on.

Attached: still waiting on that gravel.png (640x360, 449K)

I replay my games. Not sure why you think Sony having diverse options is a weakness, or that there aren't gamers like me that love Bloodborne and Uncharted. You should get back to finding moons and korok seeds kid. I'm sure bloodstain will be patched soon and you'll finally get to play another boring 2D game that keeps your nostalgia dopamine rush going.

that market still exists, and it's steam. the games are mostly multiplat now, but it doesn't make sense to buy the xbox or playstation since the hardware costs a lot, they charge for online and the games are still worse on their systems. even the japanese are putting almost all of their games there now. that ship has sailed

sony will become the movie game/walking simulator pozzed platform
microsoft will try to be the pc on the living room
nintendo will try to sell their games as their appeal as always

>name 1 (one) instance of that happening this millennium
>Okay, here's three.
>lol just another sonyfag shitting on Nintendo
Did you not want any answers at all?

Nintendo is my favorite of the Big 3 but I'm by no means a blind fanboy. I don't think they've put out a good piece of hardware specs-wise since the GameCube, which is annoying as fuck because they have some of the best game designers in the industry but are continuously held back by shitty hardware. The Switch is great hardware for a handheld, I just think of it as a handheld that has a HDMI-out built in. That said I think you'll find that Nintendo fans acknowledge that video games are an inherently childish hobby and play games for fun rather than to explore them as an artistic medium or win over their normalfag friends or whatever the fuck Snoys and Xbots play them for. I can respect the weeb portion of the Sony fanbase as that's always been their strong suit and I have owned several Sony consoles, but the Xbox brand has no reason to exist and is the cancer that has sucked almost all of the creativity and fun out of the console market. PC + Nintendo is the way to go, with Sony as an optional accessory for the JRPGs that don't get released on anything else.

Attached: 1547176538174.jpg (497x512, 39K)

>what the fuck is the point of consoles anymore?
missing censored and non modded games (and 4 controller multiplayer with your friends)

THAT'S THREE (3) INSTANCES OF IT HAPPENING, I ASKED FOR ONE (1) SO THAT DOESN'T COUNT

Make it have as many good games as the PS2 had and I'll be convinced. Until then, release the IPs you no longer give a shit for like Sly and Jak and let them come to PC.

But I had all those. Only consoles I didn't own are switch, xbone, xbox, any segas

that will too. sony lost their ps2 market to 3 things
1. the very small/niche games - the ds, and then mobile games (then steam, partially)
2. medium sized (a games/godhand-like) - steam (the medium sized games)
3. heavy hitters/aaa garbage - the "cloud"/steam

now sony is trying to sustain itself on movie shit and virtue signaling. it won't last though

Replay old ones is best option.

Because I loved Nintendo handhelds and the best part were 3rd party games. I always loved more 2d games or games during the PS2 eras.

I thank God for at least being there to enjoy the last good gen

Attached: 1547259087864.gif (245x184, 986K)

i thank god for old games being emulatable and not relying on shit servers, shit updates, being broken on release and similar things.

It's going to be expensive with the "hardcore super graphix intensive" angle to try and move units anyway.
Sony is going to pull another PS3 situation and get overconfident after a successful console by trying to make some super pricey monster.

except this time they won't be bailed, because they made sure to burn all the bridges with the hardcore market

youtube.com/watch?v=LYpGRqbv2WU

According to whispers Sony's big shot at next E3 (aside PS5) will be announcement that they are buying Konami, or rather that Konami Gaming is being made and Sony's will be responsible for that.

Attached: image.png (461x357, 238K)

>God of War pachinko
Brilliant

>Japan
What about WW and FY?

Attached: Emily Rogers.jpg (225x225, 9K)

>Sony recently confirmed that they have biased censorship and tried using #MeToo as an excuse
>have talked about fewer but "bigger" exclusives and also about having more focus on "cinematic" type titles
>dipped out on E3 and looked like bitches for it
>only had two games lined up for 2019, one of which (shocker!) came out and immediately left the public consciousness
They're absolutely trying to damage control. Their brand isn't having the best PR at the moment for "hardcore" gamers.
>but muh pre-existing sales!!! Lol BTFO! Le epic gold face xd
Yes. Because Sony has absolutely never had an issue coming in from being the best selling console from the previous generation. None whatsoever.

Success breeds Contempt

>one company official said. Nintendo Co. isn’t perceived as a major rival, the person said, because its main users tend to be younger than PlayStation’s core demographic.
HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA TENDIES BTFO

Attached: 1526737993911.jpg (600x600, 28K)

Unironically, for a couple of gens Sony was truly the chosen one... die like an hero or live long enough to became the villain, that was the fate of the Playstation brand. I don't even think bringing again to Japanese hands can save it anymore, in this decade America ruined gaming.

never thought i'd say this but i miss the days when people would just spam ''Sony/X360/Wii has won'' threads 24/7

>they thought it would cost 399 with these specs

Attached: main-qimg-b4c3233335abf99b09ddf550030c3bd8.jpg (602x452, 73K)

Leave saving console gaming to us.

Attached: ps4-firstp.png (670x1191, 1.25M)

Seriously why do people get so asshurt at Sony on Yea Forums?
Do people take console war shit that seriously?

lol no

>Cinematic storytelling
Sounds like digital cancer to me

Attached: 23-6-2019 23.6.28 2.jpg (541x367, 34K)

Because this board is unironically NintendoGAF.

Attached: nintendogaf shilling collage.jpg (1024x683, 267K)

and by hardcore they mean onions addicts that love trannies

>Is this sony trying to handwave nintendo away, or does their market research actually say that?

I'd guess neither - the REAL reason sony and nintendo aren't in direct competition is that the fans of the latter tend to be more explicitly and specifically fans of just Nintendo's content and Nintendo's content alone, so even though both of them are targeting the same gender/age demographic, it's not really the same group of people

The sales numbers of Persona 5 and bloodborne beg to differ

I loving looking at their faces and trying to determine which ones knew that Yea Forums was a board on Yea Forums.

Also Sony probably has enough data that shows that those that have Switch most likely already own a PS4 already. So they don't see it as a direct competition given what you say and plus Switch being a sort-of handheld.

Precisely. A gamer only needs a pc and a switch. Vista optional but recommended.

It’s okay when Nintendo does it

Lol, Vista.

Why are you listing off PC games?

It's going to cost $800. Screenshot this.

I've bought ps2, 3 and 4 and 4 will be the last console from them. I always bought them for niche third party games, and it seems they don't much care for them, actually banning some games that have content that they don't like. My time with time is over, I don't care even when persona 6 will come to that next thing. I can live without a one game when there's 10 others elsewhere. Good times and I get why they would aim for bigger games since that's where the money apparently is, I just don't care for their first party or AAA in general. Everybodys golf is a great game though

fucking kek

NOOOOOOOOO
MOVIE
MOOOOVVIIIIIIIEEEEESSSS

>I'm not even going to get into having to upgrade every 2-3 years to keep up with the increased hardware demands of games

>Consoles stay the same for 6-10 years
>games are made to be able to run on consoles
>computer I made 5 years ago already made current consoles look like garbage
>still does
>but for some reason my computer can't run these games now but consoles still can because computer hardware magically just stops working after two years and console hardware doesn't
You don't need literally the best of the best top of the line hardware every time something new comes out you retard.
I'm still using a fucking GTX 970 and can run everything just fine, sure a 2080ti would be better, but I don't fucking need one because consoles will keep games at GTX 970 levels for a few more years at least.

Attached: 41d.png (482x315, 90K)

I pay autistic money for framerate thank you very much

>cope
cope

Its marketing speak
He's literally just trying to get 14 year olds hype.
"WOOOAH MOM I NEED THE NEW PS5! ITS MADE JUST FOR HARDCORE GAMERS LIKE ME, IT'LL HAVE THE BEST GRAPHICS EVER. I DON'T WANT THAT SWITCH ITS KIDDY STUFF, I WANT REAL GAMES LIKE CALL OF DUTY!"

Fun should be the focal point, not graphics. For example, my Vita is way more powerful than my 3ds yet I play 3ds almost exclusively. You don't need good graphics for fun games.

It absolutely will if he owns an AMD GPU.
Or if he owns a high end GPU like a GTX 780, which still runs circles around a PS4 and in some cases competes with a PS4 Pro.
Even an R9 280x, a rebrand of a GPU from 7 (SEVEN) years ago still runs games nearly as well as a PS4 Pro (in some cases even better).

Attached: Prey.png (1335x938, 48K)

>Or if he owns a high end GPU like a GTX 780, which still runs circles around a PS4
Of course you retard because just a 780 was as expensive as a PS4 during its release.

Real talk though
Do people actually buy multiplats on consoles instead of PC?
Does anyone ACTUALLY give a fuck that PS4/Xbone get multiplats and Switch doesn't?

Are there actually people out there sitting around waiting to play shit like Witcher 3 on a PS4 so they can experience the joys of 8 minute loading screens when the PC is just a better option in every regard?
I can't think of any reason why someone would buy a multiplat on a console now that they all come out on PC, its not the fucking 90's anymore when console games and PC games were totally different ecosystems so you had to pick which console to get the game on anymore.

>Do people actually buy multiplats on consoles instead of PC?
The majority of copies sold for any multiplat is on console. Normalfags value comfort over quality.

Even the mid-range HD 7870 still outperforms the PS4 to this day.

I've seen this webm so many times and I still don't know who the fuck this dude is.
I just want to watch the blacked edit again.

Digital only ecosystem can go fuck itself.

I’m not playing a 400$ console in my crime ridden city. But I have seen people play their switch in public

it's like 70% of Switch users also have PS4., also in Japan especially Nintendo gamers tend to be on young side

>
>

>Positions Next PlayStation for Hard-Core Gamers
>Sony is concentrating its attention on large software publishers as it gets ready for the next PlayStation
>executives at smaller game makers say they have felt snubbed by Sony....Sony used to do the same, but isn’t planning to this year

Attached: 1521932090552.jpg (694x500, 34K)

>Normalfags value comfort over quality.
But why not just plug your computer into your TV via HDMI and play with whatever controller you want on your couch?
Literally the only difference between the console and PC version is that the PC version is better in every way, why buy the shitty version?

Having the niche games used to matter when console sales made up a majority of profit. Now it's all about getting that recurring revenue from PS Plus subscriptions, something that people that play niche japanese games are the least likely to buy into.

>$800

retard, consoles have always been loss leaders. the playstation 4 and xbone have been the first consoles in a long time that haven't been sold for significantly less than they were worth. excluding nintendoshit of course.

Consoles used to make their money back through software sales
Now they don't even need that because people will buy the console for more than its worth and pay $60/year to use their own internet so they can play multiplats.

I misspoke, I was referring to this gen in particular as last gen they clearly needed the niche audience to stay alive at the start when they were losing money on all those PS3s.
At the start of this gen Sony was very open to having all types of games and consumers and decided halfway through to change that mindset because they realized the money was in PS Plus not games or console sales.

>consoles for graphics heavy games
Look, I'm a lifetime idort consolefag retard and this is so absurdly fucking inaccurate. People who actually know what the fuck they're talking about with computer technology (Of whom I am not) buy a fucking computer and soup it up real good to process those beautiful top-of-the-line graphics. Consoles are basically outdated tech AT LAUNCH and I continue to use consoles because they're more convenient as a couch-bound activity I can occasionally spend with others. I just don't get what these fucking morons are thinking.

the entire set of statements are contradictory executive speak meant to mislead
>people buy console for pretty graphics
>hardcore players = big AAA games from big AAA publishers
>niche smaller games = smartphone titles

bigger ? 300+ hours of press x to poop

>'PlayStation is too big to ignore'
Sony whipping out their corporate cock again?

PC games have way more problems and there are people like me, who cant stand tinkering with graphics settings. Also, I dont appreciate the game as much when I pirate it, and no way in hell Im gonna buy games when I can get them for free. I used to only play on PC but now that I have a PS4, I really like the plug and play experience.

having "fun" = absolute level of cope

but none of those are wiiu or vita, so your post is invalid

>and there are people like me, who cant stand tinkering with graphics settings
It takes two seconds
You turn up the shit you like, turn down the shit you don't.

I find it much more annoying when I can't turn down graphical settings like motion blur, bloom, ambient occlusion or chromatic aberration.

Well, this is where I get off the ride. I sometimes like to play online but not these games they mean where you have to dedicate all your time to single game for years. I like some variety of games in my life, not just one

>Hard-core Gamers
Name one time a company has uttered this pharse and full filled on that promise.

The NES and Wii U era are over. Today Nintendo is the titty machine, even titles like Omega Labyrinth Life that are coming out censored in the PS4 are going to have a completely uncensored version on Switch. Your bullshit doesn't fly here.

He's talking about Sony's resources. They don't have enough money to throw at everyone so they're going to concentrate on throwing it where they think they'll get the most return on investment.

Attached: Sony HQ.gif (394x365, 654K)

Didn't you hear? Hardcore gamers only play mainstream movie-games. No one plays niche titles you dumb cunt, you want those big Ubisoft, EA and Activision titles.

true

Attached: PC vs consoles.png (2318x4199, 2.77M)

>he fell for the Yuzu meme

Attached: 1513877470718.jpg (342x342, 56K)

Good Goy!

Attached: idorts.jpg (800x1629, 253K)

One year ago it was loading menu screens and nothing else.

Now it's playing Bayonetta 2 at full 60FPS youtube.com/watch?v=o49JF6uxzDU

Attached: 1447528173523.jpg (431x415, 40K)

But you have a beanie over your head, which means you automatically have to watch 20 hour movies for 1/3 of your entertainment.

>ps5 comes out
>all ps5 games require 20 billions to make because muh graphics
>gameplay is the same of 2007

wow cant wait for "next" gen

>Sony Chief Executive Kenichiro Yoshida has even called the PlayStation a niche product
>Censor the niche games on your niche product

Thankfully this is the kind of elitist attitude that drives japs away. Switch + PC will be the golden weeb combo soon

Attached: IMG_20190628_071701.jpg (2000x2200, 454K)

>implying

Attached: average sonyggers6.jpg (768x1152, 165K)

>hardcore gamers
>caring about muh graphics

Sure, but that's a good 15 years away. Japan and half of Europe can handle good speeds and no data limit, but most of USA is still fucked and half of EU isn't that good either. There's also too much input lag, not to mention image quality, the pricing of the service and worries about the service ending and losing everything.

You're just being delusional and thinking far into the future to try and grab some excuse. By the by Nintendo will also be just as fucked as any other, not sure why you're posting smirking cute and funny squid kids.

This. I own all 4 Playstations, plus 2 PSPs, and PS Vita. Everything you say is true. There is no reason to buy a PS5 or new Xbox. PC and switch is all you need. PS3 was when Playstation started to go downhill. PS4 is just a anine streaming machine.

>switch

Attached: 1560502944820.jpg (1100x698, 118K)

Ultimately the only thing to be sad about is all the old series and IPs they will hold onto in this state. 90% of what defined "playstation" from the past were third party and what survived to today became multiplats.

>wants hardcore demo
>moves decision-making process to California, who hate hardcore demo
>also censors shit widely (which hardcore demo hates) and pressures nip studios to follow american liberal standard (which nipponese gamers hate)
>stand to alienate everyone except the few fickle leftist manchildren who buy things
Sell your snoy stock because the money pit is going to look like a landfill in 5-10 years.

You take the marketing speak too literally, they're using "hardcore" to define what is usually considered "core gamers" by most.

you don't see the big picture, due to the Sony Californian restrictions, multiplat games will came with self restricted content to be sure they can sell it on PS5

Xtrannies having another nightmare, I see.

>A fucking Wii U game
OH NO NO NO

kek
Did you watch the video? He was playing Mario Odyssey at full speed in the beginning. I just mentioned Bayo 2 since that's all I care about because Bayo 3 and Astral Chain will have the same engines.

Huh... That’s weird because I thought only the most normie people played on PlayStation.

the only thing for sure is that Ningoydo won't be able to stave off bankruptcy by getting lucky with a Wii situation again and will probably become just a publisher and make hand helds.

>next gen will have even more generic AAA open world games with an emphasis on a “cinematic experience”
I’m not particularly excited. The problem is that making games for the current gen has become expensive. Fewer and fewer developers and publishers take risks or focus on creating a game that doesn’t have broad, mass market appeal. Bigger and bigger budgets to create more generic and casual games. The industry needs a hard fucking reboot.

I for one look forward to how AA games will look in 4k.

Attached: gr2.jpg (1920x1080, 227K)

They mean mental age.

>snoy
>giving a shit about GR

>He was playing Mario Odyssey at full speed in the beginning
only the beginning of the game lol

Yeah, hardcore to them means “not sports games or games made for literal toddlers”. So movie games are “hardcore”

He was fighting some boss later I dunno. Listen user, you're coping too hard here. This is the same as when people were saying Yuzu will never run a game full speed in this decade back when it first came out and struggled to boot up menus. The progress they made in such a short time is insane. Games I want from the Switch aren't even released on it yet.

People were saying the same thing about the CEMU too and now look at it. WiiU completely dead and its games are best played on the PC with better performance, resolution and mods.

So...when are they getting rid of the censorship policies?

Attached: A_master_is_out.jpg (800x624, 57K)

I haven't bought a full price game since 2015 with the exception of RDR2

My last PC lasted me for ten years. My new one should last at least five, likely more.

>missing the point this hard
I'm not going into PC threads and seething about shit am I? I can get annoyed that every and any Sony thread is dominated by little faggots shitting on every game or anything Sony has, its tiresome as fuck.

>old gen
>games got more complex, ran smoother and played better
>new gen
>GRAPHIX
>games run worse and worse as the gen goes forward to the point that re2 goea from 30 to 40fps with no caps with screenspace reflections from 1998

This is all verifiable and true.

When the PS4 and XBONE hit, I honestly thought that 1080p 60FPS would be the minimum standard for games

Because snoy only caters to braindead sports games and multiplats, it has no value asides from popularity

>gobilty gook spic language

I can't take snoy seriously if the whole brand is kept afloat by beaners and shitskins playing fifa

""""""""""""""""""for serious players""""""""""""""""""
>Days Gone
fucking kek

Attached: 1560145390626.webm (1280x720, 2.93M)

>Sony thread is dominated by little faggots shitting on every game or anything Sony has, its tiresome as fuck
Turns out posting gold faces in everything that wasn't Sony for 6 years causes people to hate Sonyfags.
Who'da thunk it.
See Kill yourself sportball playing dirtskin

Attached: 1245134651.png (730x541, 245K)

>this entire thread

Attached: big papi.jpg (300x200, 8K)

Sony next gen: What is we took sportball--stay with me here--and made a movie about it!

Attached: 6413345124651.jpg (730x411, 59K)

PS5 will never be released because Sony will bankrupt. Screencap this.

The game is very good 2bh.

>high-quality games available only on that platform
EXCLUSIVE GARBAGE

sony censors games anyways why would anyone support that trash.

>"must-have" exclusive games
BAHAHAHAHAHA, i'll give it to nintendo but sony no fucking way
>gaming heritage/dna
what the fuck does this even mean