Why haven’t they gone the way of SEGA...

Why haven’t they gone the way of SEGA? They would literally make shitloads more cash if they stopped wasting money on failing consoles (Wii U, Switch, most of their portables). Seriously, imagine how much bank they’d make on PlayStation

Attached: 2CD6B669-BBB3-4A1D-AC22-0F77665AA33A.jpg (2000x1000, 113K)

>Why haven’t they gone the way of SEGA?

Their consoles sell really well sometimes. They've got so much money they could stay alive for years without releasing any games, iirc, so I'm not sure if they'd actually make much money if they just started developing for other consoles exclusively.

Seething poorfag, wait for the Switch mini if you really can't spend 300.

>the switch isnt making bank

what DID OP mean by this?

>Using Sega as an example of making bank after discontinuing their consoles

Attached: 131435484.jpg (250x250, 10K)

You mean getting bought by pachinko company?

>literally make shitloads more cash
They're already making shitloads of cash, retard. They're Japan's most valuable company. They can do whatever the fuck they want.

>make billions off of games plus billions off of the consoles required to play them
OR
>make billions off of games alone

Honestly I like that Nintendo is still in the console business. There are no other good portable systems and xbox/ps4 has little innovation compared to Nintendo, they take risks.

He wants to play Mario Maker 2 on his PS4

>failing consoles
>Switch

>They're Japan's most valuable company
What?

I pray to god this is bait and you're not actually this retarded.

>They're Japan's most valuable company.
They're not even top 10 for highest market value.

>There are no other good portable systems
The Vita and the 3DS are still a better portable systems than the Switch.
>they take risks.
Such as making trademarked cardboard or reselling games they published in the 1980?

I hate how hard they are pushing digital distribution. Physical copies are the only reason to have a console

The Switch is making bank already.
If they went third party, they would lose console money since Nintendo is the only manufacturer that sells at a profit, MOST IMPORTANT licensing fees and eshop cut on third party games, size, and prestige.
Also, they would quickly turn into a kusoge factory since they would no longer have the incentive to make games worth buying a system and they could easily coast forever on trash with their popular brands attached.

>I hate how hard they are pushing digital distribution.
They make a much higher margin so expect the trend to eventually phase out physical copies altogether.

>they would quickly turn into a kusoge factory since they would no longer have the incentive to make games worth buying a system
What are they making now that isn't garbage?

Never ever.

The Switch is the best console I've ever owned.

Damn, that's sad. What other consoles have you owned?

The stuff that sells that you don’t, personally, want to play. Here’s a startling revelation you ugly cunt: the games industry caters for a wide audience and not exclusively YOU.

Fucking moron.

What are they making now that isn't garbage? Specific games.

>sad
NES, DOS 2.0 PC, SNES, PS, Dreamcast, N64, Virtual Boy, PSOne, Windows XP PC, GBASP, PS2, PSP, NDS, N3DS, Wii, 360, 360 elite, Windows 7 PC and laptop,WiiU, Windows 10 PC, Switch.

Why do you care if they go third party if you think they make nothing but garbage now?

Damn, that really is fucking sad then. Did you recently fall down a concrete stairwell or something?

What are they making now that isn't garbage? Specific games.

I can relate to that.

No, I'm not a console war autist. The Switch is a very fine piece of hardware, but a retard that sees a brand and spergs out would never understand that.

>Switch
>Failing
Aside from that bit of retardation, SEGA literally assassinated itself because SoJ is probably the most retarded video game company to ever exist. They literally do not own one single fucking IP outside of Yaukza or (arguably) Total War that they haven't either ruined, left in the dust, or both. SoJ killed its own game console's sales just to spite SoA for being right. Going "the way of SEGA" is how you ge tyourself fucking ruined as a company unless, like SEGA, you're a thinly veiled front for the actual real-life Yakuza.

Attached: Retarded_or_trolling.jpg (300x392, 33K)

To me, they are. Teehee.

Fanboys.

>trolling outside of Yea Forums
>Yea Forums falls for it again

>The Switch is a very fine piece of hardware
I mean, you can say that but it objectively isn't. Even Nintendo is a aware of this as they are releasing a hardware refresh in a little while.
>but a retard that sees a brand and spergs out would never understand that.
You've just described the actions of yourself and every other overly defensive fanboy who can't answer a simple, straightforward question.

>REEE SWITCH IS BAD AND YOU ARE A FANBOY IF YOU DON'T AGREE
Whatever nerd, get a life.

The Nintendo Switch is a Nintendo branded Nvidia Shield, which is a fine piece of hardware.
The Switch's output being lower than the Shield's is due to cooling concerns.

He literally didnt say that braindead ninten-drone.

Reading comprehension not your string part? On a primarily text based Internet forum. There’s no metric for “garbage”. Guess how I know you’re not out of puberty yet?

>objectively isn’t
Stop using words you don’t know the meaning of.

Since no other comparable hardware on the market does what the switch does it’s both the best and worst at what it does.

>liking piece of hardware makes you a drone
I'm sorry for your nerd ass console warrior.

>literal portbegging
I hope for your own sake that you’re just shitposting. Nintendo is in a much better position having their own consoles

No.
>The Switch is a very fine piece of hardware
Does though.

Hell to the fuck no!! I dont want their beta soiboy faggy kiddie shit ln my xbox. Keep their effemenine fudge packer games on their kiddie preschooler system and let us real gamers play real games on real consoles, thank you very much.

>all nintendo games are for children or toddlers
>imagine how much money they'd make on a playstation
can you guys decide whether you like nintendo or not?

Also not a console warrior i own everything but a xbox

>A system that outpaced the PS4 in sales within their respective first years and continues to keep a decent amount of momentum is considered a failure
K

No other console can do what it does, sorry you lose your mind by the mention of Nintendo.
And I own this,

>lose your mind by the mention of Nintendo
Keep seething retard. I OWN a switch why would i be losing my mind over nintendo.
>muh portability
So its a great piece of hardware on that alone?
kys fanboy

>I don't lose my mind
>proceeds to go apeshit
LOL

I accept your concession.

>I won at shitposting
LMAO@your sperg ass

no. every single time a switch exclusive comes out I will complain about how nintendo is shit for not putting it on ps4 or pc

Youre the one shitposting not me friend. I also see you didnt deny it kek.

Here's a last free (You), you filthy attention whore.

and yet you kept replying but im the attention whore? get real retard

>failing consoles (Switch, most of their portables)
I never thought it was possible to cram so much stupidity into so few syllables, but here we are.

>Such as making trademarked cardboard or reselling games they published in the 1980?
Yeah.
That's the definition of a risk, user. Some of them pay off, some of them don't.

Playing MHGU on this thing is freaking awesome.

Attached: threelittlekittenslosttheirmittens.jpg (3264x1840, 1.84M)

>150mil units sold is bad
you can tell the op was made by a seething snoy

Attached: Capture.png (430x937, 158K)

>Why haven’t they gone the way of SEGA?
because they're not bumbling retards who can't keep their finances under control and so they're still able to earn a lot of money selling hardware and aren't forced to prostitute themselves to the company that put them out of business

The WiiU deserved better, I blame Miyamoto and his obsession with forcing gimmicks into games. Off Tv was great.

The WiiU was weird, but also fundamentally bad. "Off-TV" play was great, but it was just Portable But Not Really.
And the Switch is a strict upgrade, so they clearly learned their lesson and we're all better for it

The Wii U was Nintendo's only hiccup in a while. All their other recent systems (Switch, 3ds, Wii, DS) have been printing money. Sega on the other hand never had a successful console after the Genesis.

Attached: (laughs).png (557x391, 35K)

I don't know what's worse the fact that this was horrible bait or the god awful thought this could be genuine in 2019

Attached: e9d.jpg (600x600, 18K)

Remember when Sega put out the CD, 32X and Saturn in 1992, 1994 and 1995?
>you don't need a new console, buy this
>you don't need a new console, buy this
>why didn't you buy our new console?

Puyo is also on a good position

>Failing consoles
>Switch

Lmao Switch so far has won every single month in 2019 in therms of sales

>switch
>failing console

Yea Forums is so unintentionally entertaining
xD xD xD

Puyo Puyo is in a weird purgatory in which it hasn't had a proper main game since 7 a whole decade ago and has only ran on anniversaries and spinoff releases, but still thrives because the series was a megahit in Japan and still sorta is and being an OG eSport that's finally starting to make it in the west since we're finally getting releases.

Attached: 1531345814392.jpg (125x120, 2K)

>failing consoles

lmfao nice bait OP.