Mario Maker

Let’s see those levels.

Attached: DA322557-DE8C-47E1-B440-FD1C991F6331.jpg (1600x900, 214K)

Other urls found in this thread:

supermariomakerbookmark.nintendo.net/courses/EEDF-0000-03E9-8B84
supermariomakerbookmark.nintendo.net/courses/C494-0000-03EA-CBF4
mm2roulette.neocities.org/
m.imgur.com/GjTpX4v
gleam.io/LfsER/mario-maker-2-switch-giveaway
youtube.com/watch?v=tG9mSZRpfIE
twitch.tv/armadaugs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I've been out of the loop, what was the last game theme revealed? Last I recall seeing one for 3D World

I tried to make a comfy snow level

FKL-FJS-SSF

T3Q-RC8-GTG

Some feedback would be nice.

Made a level based on Super Mario Land'w 1-3. Had to compress it a little bit so that the level's layout could fit the screen, but I think I did a good job with it. Let me know what you though of it.

57P-QYM-LTF

SWING
your
arms

HSH-NW0-WDG

Attached: D-M--YkVAAAMM75sdg.jpg (1280x720, 105K)

Posting some Super Mario Maker 1 levels I made recently.
supermariomakerbookmark.nintendo.net/courses/EEDF-0000-03E9-8B84
supermariomakerbookmark.nintendo.net/courses/C494-0000-03EA-CBF4
Miiverse is long dead so I can't take any screenshots bigger than the thumbnail that autogenerates when you make a level. Each of these levels were made with the design goal of only using 2-3 types blocks, enemies and objects.

Attached: file.png (640x240, 143K)

Shifting Sand Land from SM64

R01-GSV-NSG

>when i get good inspiration i can make pretty great levels
>but i doubt my own ideas constantly and cant get shit done
give me suggestions anons, i need aid

Attached: 1551126306012.jpg (1024x1024, 122K)

>mm2roulette.neocities.org/
>note blocks, cloud blocks, lava bubbles
>make this:
Y1B-W2J-90G

Attached: mario maker nina.jpg (680x898, 79K)

Falling claw map.

Some easy shit
C2t-d87-n2g

W42-QXL-X0H

Made a stage like Stop & Go with what mechanics I could in 3D World. It's not the same concept but it's almost the exact same layout as the real stage with some changes to provide an interesting time.

Attached: 200px-Stop_&_Go_Station_SNES_2.png (200x175, 48K)

If you're going to make a level and show it here, post a goddamn screenshot so we know what were getting into. Or fucking describe it a bit.

Fresh off the press. SMB 1 desert level. Collect ten red key coins, classic platforming sensibility.

Down to play other user's levels.

Attached: 1560204961608.jpg (3300x2550, 1.29M)

forgot course code like a dolt

9C8-9S8-5JF

>Make two garbage levels just to test things
>Get constant notifications about people playing them
>Spend four hours making a level with a theme and everything. Actual effort and a vision
>Nobody plays it

Attached: callie gun.gif (400x225, 709K)

I'll play it if you post ID. I'm this user

In this level you have to try to defeat all the enemies in a narrow corridor without getting hit so that you can open a key door:
>38V-0R7-LGF
It sounds like an enemy spam level based on that description but it isn't. It's actually incredibly fair.

RD1-510-VRG

NEGATIVE SPACE:
Nice and short. Centers around using the switch blocks to swap between what's figure and what's ground. Good luck and tell me what you think!

K78-7NH-TFF

Attached: 21C31ACB-D898-415D-90E9-8DFFD1EEF141.png (555x679, 76K)

This was me in the original Mario Maker. I made all these themed levels and very few people played them but then I make a basic level in the NSMB theme and it was my most popular level.

Question, how far/high can Mario jump? I’d like to have a rule of thumb for making without having to test every time

You can see how high and far when you pause while making a level.

What is the best gameplay style and theme for maximum comfy?

Im gonna go to bed with 0 people playing my levels and wake up to it still being 0 haha
haha
hah

Attached: 1560502207182.jpg (960x960, 95K)

snow anything

Tell me what you all think.

59N-WSP-VNF

Attached: 1561759241129m.jpg (632x1024, 158K)

3D World is the only new theme in the base game. Wording on the theme tab implies at least one more in the future, though.

A Skipsqueak Jaunt
PYS-6LY-1SF
I'll make more, I swear. This is just the only one I have right now

Keep at it, user. Attach a screenshot and you'll get a lot more attention. Also reply to new comments after playing theirs and most people will play back.

Keep posting your level id anywhere you can. Usually when one person plays your level and hearts it, the better the odds are that more people play it.

>you will never be able to make a 3D platformer for others to play

I play but I dont create

I heard about the superball flowerbut is there anything else you can only unlock by playing the story mode?

>somehow take all day to finish a single course
>it ends up being a minute long and stupidly easy
>not even really aesthetically pleasing
At least I picked up a few tricks but I can tell this is going to be a repeat of the first where I struggle for even 100 upvotes.

My first level. Would appreciate some feed back. I tried to make it not so hard while still throwing a lot at you to deal with. Enjoy!
5T0-WT6-DQG

Attached: 9A6F1535-4CB3-4BF2-80A7-DC74D0E0A13B.jpg (2048x1966, 431K)

Checkpoints without powerups are super annoying, especially right before a boss of any sort.
Fun level. A little too much with the sound effects but i had fun.

Attached: FE598B34-E3C9-41E8-8C29-944222FC7AAE.jpg (244x379, 46K)

Play my level bros what do you think?? :)
49L Q0B QWG

Would love feedback.
Wollop Woods
WSQ-3NL-WNF
King Koopa's Keep
M8N-3RD-T5G
Sky High
FK6-979-PPF

Any one want to give my 2% clear rate toilet level a shot?

C86-w93-09g

interesting idea, its fucking hard though

Can my friend look at my list of downloaded levels? I found a really neat one I want to show him later. In fact, can you even share cool levels you find with other people?

Have some quick shitty levels

WB7-TFQ-KTF

R0P-SJS-YDF

TCS-PHP-B0G

I'm not creative enough to make levels that last more than 50 seconds

If you guys want your levels to get likes, you have to make them easy enough to be beatable on a first or second try. You're forgetting that the majority of people playing are ones who die at the first goomba.

Bowser's Stand- HVQ-KB5-DQG
Dangerous Winter
P9V-GMF-9CG
Crazy Castle 36H-9LM-QKF
Poison Mushroom Escape
B82-MSL-YQG

LOSS
S1W-WDY-JFG

10 second speedrun
MS8-72V-3FF

Attached: DBDE520B-CDD6-4C2C-BF25-8F42C5E1947C.png (5000x5500, 2.37M)

My first level ever, would love any feedback.
M2F-C2W-6DF

how do i link pipes to each other in the same subzone?

Yo, guys. You liked my Petey's Fortress, but I'm open to any tip to make my courses better.

Muncher Panic. Escape the infested base filled with Munchers (not as tedious as it sounds).

9K7-7JX-VWG

Attached: MuncherU.png (645x640, 312K)

Reminder! Posting a level without taking the time to play other anons levels is the most unbased and cringe thing you could do and will ultimately ruin these threads!

I haven't been making/playing levels yet. Too busy with the campaign. Post >yfw secret vine in the campaign hub to the dancing frog

Attached: very nice.png (500x522, 116K)

>unbased and cringe
That being said though it’s true, I’ll keep a tab open and try my best to get through them.

First ever attempt at making a stage, decided to go with a slightly story-based one.
7DC-XPM-3FF

>thought the switch gimmick was clever first time i saw it
>literally everyone is making these fucking levels

Helps me get through level making fatigue.

>can't play as a non-mario characterb in singleplayer
dropped

>get the super hammer powerup
>it's locked to the shittiest game style

Attached: 4ECD3775-75E5-4E58-B1F5-8C9B35F82FB5.png (300x193, 227K)

I've got no clue as to what levels I should make
Give me ideas and I'll try to create them

WHY DIDNT THEY ADD A YOSHI ISLAND OR EVEN A SM64 THEME? WHO THE FUCK CARES ABOUT 3D WORLD CAT MODE BULLSHIT REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

That’s not NSMB.

I remade this from Super Mario Maker 1

2V3-BJR-J2G

because this isnt "Yoshi Island Maker" God I would kill for that to be real

Shilling my level again because tfw no plays
Y1B-W2J-90G
You have to do note block jump while avoiding lava bubbles. At the end there's a fight with a lakitu who keeps dropping winged lava bubbles at you.

I liked it in terms of the idea but I got frustrated with it. Maybe it's just me but going through the load screens after a door makes it difficult to tell what's going on, so it's difficult to figure out what you're meant to do. I do like the idea of extending the timer by going through doors though.

There's lots of cool ideas here but they're all just thrown in together. It's forgivable since it's your first level and just want to try everything though. I thought on/off switch and p-switch bit was interesting. The skewer bit kind of sucked because it feels as though you have to run through as quickly as possible, but near the end you actually have to go at a certain pace.

Open the settings menu

user in another thread posted this:
mm2roulette.neocities.org/
It helped me make the level I posted above

Is the boss meant to go right past you? If not I think I found a skip. Otherwise a pretty fun level. I liked the pipe aesthetic and Indiana Jones feel of swinging across the munchers.

shilling my level again. Rising lava stage, first section horizontal, next is verticle.

C21-SSM-C7G

Do you unlock anything for getting WRs? If so then that's shit because I always seem to be half a second short on every course.

3D world is an even shittier NSMB, not sure what your point is

Is the maximum course length shorter than it was for SMM1? It feels like it.

Wouldn’t make much sense given how much higher the block limit is

~~ For multiplayer I need to know a few things if someone with two consoles is able to test them since I can't;
>Can you knock people out of / steal Dry Bones Shells/Shoe/Yoshi?
>Can you jump on P-Switches or Springs when people are holding them?
I really want to make these tangle fight for objectives in levels but it's impossible to test alone nor even online because of the luck of the draw/randoms bullshit.

Pretty enjoyable, a few rooms seemed a bit lazy to me but I saw what you were going for in most of them, the car escape sequence was cute though a little anxiety-inducing. If it were me I would have given the bank vault room a bit more detail somehow. Overall probably better than anything I'll ever throw together, the 3DW theme is really strange though, I don't remember anything like those teleport boxes being in that game. Cat powerup and car are really fun though.

Do we know yet if courses get taken down automatically if no one plays them like in SMM1? With this bullshit where you need to snowball your play count this is going to suck for levels I actually put effort into.

>online is this much of a laggy shitfest
how do they manage this shit, honestly

>a skip
welp lol. Guess that kinda ruins my little boss room then, but that's no issue I guess. Just trying to figure out nifty ideas for bosses, so certainly some would turn out shit. Thanks though, glad you like the aesthetics of the course.

Got stuck on your course around the part with the two note blocks closest to the lava. Probably because I suck so much on timing my jumps off those note blocks lol. Liked it though once I got a bit of a rhythm going on with my jumps before I cock blocked myself.

TK1-J5Q-51G, Switch trial. Can you finish this level? A bit of puzzle and some quick reactions.

>if someone with two consoles is able to test them
you can test on one system from the coursebot, select play together

I used to have trouble with note-blocks too. The timing is kind of weird but you get used to them. Thanks for the feedback, brah

Also because the Yoshi's Island mechanics are too distinct from a typical 2D Mario game. There will always be rom hacks, though.

Is Mario Maker 2 worth the 60 bucks?

idk but it’s sure worth half of my $100 coupon

Maybe if you want to make levels. I played endless expert for a good 5 hours at my friend's house and I only played like 2 good levels.

G0W BJG N5G

YP6 XNT LLF

>images are all the same
>levels posted are all the same
>ergo, posters are all the same too
This is a general thread.

Happy Hammer Holidays
F37-1P7-0KF

A simple but tough challenge using only see-saws, hammer bros, and flamethrowers. If you can beat it, I think you're a super player.

>upload and share level
>think it's too easy
>7% clear rate
>most of the people who played it skipped it
what the fuck

would someone gift me the game?

Looking for levels actually trying to be something I could reasonably see in a Mario Game.

Try my levels, anons!

Be Suspicious!
DPJ-Y3C-R1G
A level about not being so trusting.

The Ant Trooper Colony
J36-9MB-7LG
Enter an ant colony and explore its labyrinthine layout. Factoring in getting 100 coins and touching the flagpole's top, there are 5 extra lives you can earn here. Try to get them all!

Wiggler Break-in
YKG-CKM-9QG
Wiggler is keeping the key to beating this level locked up in his house! You'll have to come back later at night and try to take it from him... But be careful; things get weird at night!

Attached: 1557882099425.png (479x597, 453K)

>upload level
>think it's not too easy, not too hard
>1.16% clear rate
>WR: 23 minutes

Attached: 1542988689030.jpg (412x400, 115K)

I thought it was a good idea to try to make one of the levels from Kirby: Triple Deluxe with the 3D World theme and I think I bit off more than I can chew on trying to convert it into a completely 2D level. I'm going to hate Royal Road 1 after tonight.

Attached: 1532730149423.jpg (550x396, 35K)

The level I’m currently working on has a pretty large sequence break. It’s skipping a sizable portion of the early level. Question is do you think I should leave it in to give the player an option or not?

Alright, just finished my fourth level. Feedback please. I'm gonna start playing courses itt.
Wollop Woods
WSQ-3NL-WNF
King Koopa's Keep
M8N-3RD-T5G
Sky High
FK6-979-PPF
Snow Snappers
TMG-JJH-5DG

When is the update to play with friends coming out?

Here's my first level in Mario Maker 2 so far. It's a sequel to an admittedly mediocre course I made in the first game.

TRS-867-GHF

I'll try to play some of the levels you guys have shared too.

Short and sweet, gonna expand on this concept later when it's not late at night.

T5H-DSW-31G

>my local store have a MM2 + Switch bundle in stock
Today's going to be expensive but very fun lads. I haven't owned a console since the Wii and don't really play vidya anymore but this game has tipped me over the edge.

Comfy vertical 3DW snow level.

KC4-NBS-VWG

Attached: tjsaerx5v2t21.jpg (750x900, 69K)

>ID: MB5 H37 YDG

Mario the Bounty Hunter

Mario is tired of being a NEET who eats hot pockets and tendies for dinner but doesn't want to be some wagie cuck. So he finds a "special job." He must travel to the crime underworld to find who his targets are.

Mario must defeat:
>Al Koopone
>El Raton
>Red Hot Chilly Pepper

Find and kill these three target to win.

Attached: 20190629_035555-1.jpg (1836x2668, 717K)

How do I kaizo

this nigga still plays his Wii U

Attached: 1561082988263.jpg (960x960, 53K)

I'm trying to make a small village in Super Mario Bros 3. What would make a good roof?

Mushroom platforms

>wii u niggas

Attached: hyper emoji.jpg (727x727, 46K)

4YG-TF8-HTF - The Secret Snow Cabin Entrance

Any feedback will be appreciated and accepted

>There's lots of cool ideas here but they're all just thrown in together. It's forgivable since it's your first level and just want to try everything though. I thought on/off switch and p-switch bit was interesting. The skewer bit kind of sucked because it feels as though you have to run through as quickly as possible, but near the end you actually have to go at a certain pace.

Thank you for the comments! Yes, the ending had you actually hold back a little, I feared that it would become too much of an autoplay level otherwise. Definitely agree with you on the 'random' ideas thrown together part, I was exploring all the options available.
Thank you for playing!

Just finished a stage based off Ricco Harbor from Sunshine. Made it pretty easy and simple since I couldn't think of any good gimmicks.
>Ricco Harbor
TWG-01P-XRG

And here's the stage I made yesterday, a simple but more difficult SMB sky level with a auto-scrolling second half.
>Climb the the Sky Fortress!
N12-XKN-JPF

Attached: mario sunshine ricco harbor.png (600x511, 574K)

>seesaw physics/weight are affected by items yoshi is carrying in his mouth
What the fuck Nintendo, this is some Half Life 2 shit

YP6 XNT LFF

One of the campaign levels has you do this neat trick where you put a stone block in one of those claws and jump on the block. It's impressive how creative you can get with this game.

Whenever you start to doubt yourself, realize that your brain is being retarded again and just go with whatever design idea you are currently thinking of doing.

Check out my courses! Feedback is a plus i’m trying to get better at level design, I mostly like to make relaxing chill levels based on previous mario games not always pin point accurate with added new secret areas and other things to do around in those levels.

Tree Hopping: 13N-X4R-1JG
Acorn Plains: MXD-0VG-6HG

Attached: E6831F66-765F-4EB2-BC9D-B7229952A495.jpg (1420x1600, 510K)

How do I make sub areas?

what of it

Attached: IMG_20190629_095459.jpg (1278x719, 240K)

make pipe
drag mario onto pipe
???

I'm trying to do that with a door and it isn't working. Is it just pipes?

Here’s a much more forgiving and gradual take on the figure/ground mechanic I came up with earlier where the platforms and background regularly switch places. Still tricky to do right but nowhere near as frustrating as my first

3VY-3LF-Q2G

Attached: D559E994-CD3E-4C30-BA11-4D2BFDACE6D6.jpg (760x960, 100K)

Did they even include the stone block in the editor?

as far as I know
there's a teleportation block thing in 3DW but I'm not sure how it works

Yes...?

It's only pipes.

Just pipes. Doors can't link to sub areas.

Why does playing vs give you the absolute worst levels on the server?

The teleport block is basically 3DW'S equivalent of a one-way.

Just remember that the average quality of courses is pretty low.

So even if you have a good idea for a course and can't pull it off perfectly. As long as you make it beatable and give it some polish its still going to be a decent course and you'll probably learn from your mistakes for future courses.

M40-GMW-X1G

Rate mine please. Its a race level.

Attached: a254e7aef0642ab03aff49a6856b5eb5e4b4b1e8.jpg (1920x1080, 189K)

Mario needs Money: T7J-DJM-SNG
Posted in last thread and the following minute was archived.
Is my first level and I would like feedback to improve

Level around switches and moving blocks.
7SK-6SX-0NG

Attached: chibi.gif (191x184, 262K)

You succeeded.
Very nice.
10/10
Very neat.
Heh
Insteresting concept, but I'm too bad at video games to beat it.

Why don't checkpoints make you big anymore?

Attached: LiveActionMario.jpg (618x412, 55K)

Don't care for rate, just play. It's a level about what I think of Nintendo Users and their "Games"
5UCK-MYY-D1CK

I've made a SMB3 Sky level with a clear goal: It's semi-non-linear:

3SX-MJ6-BRF

Any feedback would be fine.

Cavern of Patience
TT5-07Y-JGF

My first level. I tried to give it a theme of not being in a hurry.

>that one level thats all clear pipes and whoever goes into the first one first just wins

Put some coins my man, and some way to restart the level without diying. Good name by the way, the drifting make my kek

you can make them still do that if you want in the editor

Wtf can you not do mid air she’ll jumps now or am I just junk?

That’s weird considering I just played a story level where doors connected to a sub area.

Nope, they fucked with the shell physics so it's different now.

Used a fun quirk from the winged ?-Block to create a stage. Hope you enjoy it!
WG5-P4V-CMF

Attached: the things in this thread should never have been seen.png (150x100, 11K)

So you opened it up in editor to check? Because that's the only way to make sure you're not just being transported to the other side of the map

Attached: doubt.jpg (200x303, 16K)

P1J-Y0C-3SF
Castle level with a lot of variety in platforming and alternating paths.

Attached: P1J-Y0C-3SF-castle.webm (640x360, 2.17M)

>My first level. I tried to give it a theme of not being in a hurry.

I played it. It's decent for a first level but two parts were a bit annoying. Is it supposed to be possible to get past the Thwomp without getting hit? And only having 1 chance at using the star was a bit lame since it's unwinnable if you don't figure out what you intended it for as soon as it comes out of the [?] block.

It says Course or Maker not found. Did you delete it?

Made a super comfy snow level.

HS3-0L1-GHF

It has been confirmed there are some thing in story mode that cannot be replicated in the editor. This could be one of those. Also checking in editor is not the only way, if the stage theme changes then obviously it's a different area.

>undodog69
why the fuck do I think that I saw that nick recently in other vidya

Wtf! It doesn't work...

user, IDs are 9 digits long. That one is 11 digits. I think you accidentally hit a few unintended keys on your keyboard.

Why can't you put a key on a Piranha Plant that's in a pipe? I wanted to put a locked door in the pipe that you can only open after getting a fire flower to kill the Piranha Plant

That’s kind of lame, hopefully they patch it I came into this watching guys like ryukahr and GPB expecting to become a kaizo master myself. Oh well.

Side note I made a cute little basic shell jump trainer if anyone needs practice.

1HL-6T2-7MG

Attached: 69B36A2E-E62F-4A88-8006-7D9DA12680AF.jpg (260x257, 19K)

Thanks for the feedback!
It is possible to go under the thwomp if you wait until all layer of blocks has been destroyed but it needs to be timed correctly.
I wanted to replace the star part with something similar that you can use over and over but didn't find anything.
I wish the game had a timed switch where the blocks disappear for x amount of seconds

If you want to make a super interesting level with a theme and such, make a video game. People want to play obstacle courses as Mario.

Easy: BQR-4MK-L1H
Not that easy: 3GP-SYT-BMF

Is there any way I can make some kind of explosion that destroys breakable blocks? I figured POW blocks would do that, but no.

its a bit of some difficult platforming and dodging enemies: BSS-DHW-Q5G
dont have any clears yet feels bad man

Attached: 1560135921465.jpg (500x667, 23K)

red bomb-obs

3X2-K4T-0XF

Updated the racing map. Try it out.

Attached: initial-d-329270.jpg (1200x892, 130K)

I think there's a backlog/delay on the courses going into rotation probably due to the flood of new levels at the start.If you check the "new courses" the newest courses are from 26 hours ago.

So your new levels may not be on Endless Play/Multi-player until a day or so after. You'd have to share codes to get people to play them early.

I made a shitty course 1RV-GQM-PKF

Attached: I have no idea what I'm doing.jpg (583x525, 138K)

Pretty sweet. They are fair to those that just want to play a Mario level to beat them, and also good to speed through for those that want to do that. The aesthetics of the bonus rooms can be enhanced by closing them more in though.

You think they'll ever let us do little speech bubbles or something?

I was hoping I could add narration or something to levels, but looks like we can't.

A short and sweet level basically trying out the Superball for the sake of puzzles, might do more with it in the future.
>Superball Sunday
CS8-XF2-70H

You will show me your best co-op levels

Attached: 1561330341159.png (754x621, 634K)

>someone died on my "kill the goomba" level
>it only has 9 plays
how does this occur

WGM-G39-9VG
Hammer suit shenanigans.
Tell me if you riked it or not

Attached: 6B3F554B-25BD-4C1C-B8F8-AB49A082205E.png (250x250, 4K)

how do you do the other messages in multiplayer? i've seen players send shit like "Jump!" and "WAHOO" but i can only see the default options

i liked it

Attached: 1559451609764.gif (249x187, 3.24M)

Vroom Vroom

TPK-KXH-5NF

Lol wow. What a bunch of snowflakes nintendo users are.

Attached: 44EEE3E0-9213-4D04-83FC-8762E5EE5AC9.jpg (1322x715, 193K)

what did it say?

Some fashion for your Maker Mii found so far

Upload your first course - Fish Bone Shirt
Cleared your first course - White Tanktop
Like a Course - Googoo Onesie
Set a world record - Pipe Hat
Post a Comment - Banzai Bill Shirt
Win in Versus - Shorts of Doom
Clear a Course in Multiplayer Online Co-Op - Burner Skirt
Win consecutive Multiplayer Versus Matches - Bowser Headpiece, Bowser Shirt
Play 10 courses - Slobbery Shirt
Clear 10 courses - Skull shirt
Clear 10 courses in Multiplayer Co-Op - Magikoopa Robes and Hat
Win 5 consecutive Versus matches - Fireworks shirt
Versus C Rank - Luigi Cap and Outfit
Your course was liked first time - I-Like-You-Camisole
Receive a comment - Blockstripe Shirt
Undodog Job (Story) - Reset Dress
Patrick Job (Story) - Patrick Shirt
Mr Eraser Job (Story) - Refreshing Shirt
Hit a ? block in Story - Superball Mario Hat and Suit
10 High School Endless Easy - Jr Hat

thanks brother

you get a shy boo hat for having one of your levels played 100 times

I sent this one to a streamer and he got SO CLOSE to the end but gave up, so still at 0 clears
high level players help me out
WDJ-1KW-01H

>want magikoopa robes
>online is fucking atrocious

>do a normal level
>rank 86k
>say fuck it and do a super expert level
>jump to rank 101
Guys. Stop playing bab levels and git gud. The top spots are unoccupied.

Are the majority of mii cosmetics earned through story mode?

imagine caring about a meaningless rank instead of playing non garbage levels

>japanese player leaves comment in moon runes

Creating courses with the controller isn't as bad as I expected it to be.
But stylus is probably still superior.

Any tricks for controller mode though?
I know if you press the stick in you can zoom in and out.

I love controller mode. Get used to 'X = return to cursor'. Double tap X to clear away all the UI while you build. Hold Y to move faster, just as if you were holding the run button while playing. When really zoomed out, you can still erase and multigrab.

stylus would be great if it didn't squeak all the time

>can't have a 1 block wide "wall" on the left side of the start
Damn this annoys me

nowhere in the multiplayer starting box it seems

>Make super hard to get to secret optional area
>Someone leaves a comment there
Utterly based.

Attached: 1560555710388.png (400x434, 90K)

I swear some people in versus vote meh on a stage just because their asses lost or that the game was laggy

You get the Parent-and-child skirt for your first "first clear" as well

This really is like Miiverse.

Attached: smmsnc.jpg (776x440, 70K)

get those capacitive pens with disk-tip
silky smooth for me

I have no comfy way of putting the Switch down in handheld mode
That's annoying

8F5-W0K-1HG
This one is a pretty standard Mario course with mushrooms and Koopa's. The low clear rate on this one is entirely the fault of Gamexplain.

QDW-B5J-JNG
This one is a pretty tricky course. Lots of walljumping as you dodge spikes, but very satisfying once you get the hang of it.

G8T-1YS-CTG
Eight various desert dares you have to beat in 100 seconds. Kinda inspired by Mario Adventure.

CS4-V7T-GPG
A whole bunch of dangerous toxic fish that you have to dodge on a Seesaw platform. Really fun with friends!

W6Y-T7J-PPF
Tank level like SMB3's. Bombs and wrenches and Boom-Boom, oh my.

>That pic
Why are the tiles so big?

Luigi’s Mansion
>Y3F-44T-94G
Spiral Mountain (I posted it in the last thread, but i’ve fixed some things since)
>PF2-KWM-2JG

Somehow despite the massive influx of features this still feels less bountiful. I think removing amiibo costumes was a gigantic mistake and it really smashed the potential for fun themed levels.

I pray they bring back costumes at some point in the future if even nowhere near as many. would've made a great unlockable.

Yesterday i made a level based on the myth of Sisyphus. I updated it just now to make the objective more obvious. Would really appreciate feedback.

Sisyphus
R8R-Y9F-QPF

Try my other levels too.

Firefighter
LDQ-9QS-8LG

Bombsketball
8PM-NGH-1R7

Mario Construction: Fast & Cheap
4FV-HYW-XDF

Skeleton Stomper (very hard)
H0P-FKK-GLF

Attached: grace.gif (217x250, 1.27M)

Man I wish I had a good stand for making in handheld mode

Ok, what do we do with troll levels? Give them a thumb down?

Attached: Hidden block.jpg (475x536, 297K)

I really don't agree.
Costumes were only in classic SMB and they only worked as powerups.
Take damage = you're Mario again

That's lame and dumb.
If anything they should make permanent "costumes" that work across all powerups and styles. Basically, like how Luigi, Toad and Toadette work now. Just with even more characters.

>muh shitty 8 bit cosmetics are more valuable than the absolute ton of new course building parts and mechanics
you are the problem. please fuck off and die

Should i get the game? Are most of the levels still puzzle low quality shit like in the first game? Or did people finally become creative?

Attached: 1465666724025.png (722x780, 66K)

yep

How were most the levels puzzle levels in SMM1?
Did you even play the game?

Amiboos costumes were shit, they added nothing but just a cosmetic. Half of the good ones had to bebought as DLC.
Dont miss them, because we traded them for more mechanics and win conditions.
It was fun, but mostly for autist who wants to play their own zelda level.

Attached: Supermario maker level trespass by David Hellmann.jpg (1080x1440, 487K)

It's OK. Rather short.

I don't understand what you're supposed to do at that spike part.

There's no reason to boo a level just because it has trolls.
Troll levels can be good too.
It's shitty trolls with no thought to them where someone just diarrhea's all over the course randomly that need to be boo'd.

Who else liked SMM1 Level ad charts?

Attached: Supermario maker level trespass 2 by David Hellmann.jpg (1080x1440, 610K)

most of them were:
>shit levels made by 10 year olds
>99.99999% impossible levels
>puzzle levels
>levels that play themselves
>meme levels

Yeah troll levels are fucking gay boo that shit bro senpai

Attached: 832E7C18-A4FF-4A7C-9AD0-A95AF9AE231B.png (960x1073, 1.37M)

I had a dream where I was playing this game and unlocked a version of the cat suit that was just the cat tail and ears, like the super leaf. I don't remember what was its functional difference though, maybe it didn't climb as high?

Spent all day making this one. Might make a nerfed version with a different subarea to have something more multiplayer friendly.

Attached: 20190629_053034.jpg (3266x1869, 3.42M)

oh fuck I forgot the code
YRH G56 CQG

Bitches don't know about my crate create capabilites

Attached: CD02C5CF-6034-4E7D-ACC4-19665CFC0588.jpg (1000x563, 72K)

Ok

So there must be an amount of trolling that validates a "thumb down?"
If we say some troll mechanics are kaizo level tier, how do we mark them for the system how difficult a level is?

Attached: Super Luigi maker.png (400x293, 201K)

I boo levels on the following conditions:
>naked pipes
>mechanics that don't work (shell triggered switches that don't line up, spawn blocking your own bosses, etc.)
>sfx spam
>invisible blocks over pits
>invisible block softlocks
>canadian levels
>super bell hill levels featuring koopa car and enemy spam
>any level purposely designed to drag on and waste time

what the fuck is a naked pipe

I unironically prefer the controller and TV for making
Once you use all available shortcuts it's really nice.

I assume he means clear pipes, but why boo a level just for that?

I think nintendo needs to patch in a button for "difficult level"!

Attached: Gamercat All about the bell.jpg (720x479, 111K)

Jesus Christ this is dreadful I'm sorry.

>R8R-Y9F-QPF
Grating on my thumbs.

>Firefighter
The RNG keeps fucking me here by having flames spawn where they're too low to block.

>Mario Construction
Absolutely no. Who has the patience for this?

Nakes pipes are pipes that aren't "connected" to anything. Their back end just goes into the air.

When the root of the pipe isn't connected to anything. It's just looks terrible.

>naked pipes
Ok
>mechanics that don't work (shell triggered switches that don't line up, spawn blocking your own bosses, etc.)
ok
>sfx spam
ok
>invisible blocks over pits
ok
Whatrs that?
>canadian levels
What?
>super bell hill levels featuring koopa car and enemy spam
dont mind them
>any level purposely designed to drag on and waste time
ok

>Whatrs that?

When you have a hazardless pit that has a line of invisible blocks above it to trap the player until the time runs out.

I wish it wasn't 35°C here (country with no A/Cs) so I could be comfier playing right now

Attached: 1355148840147.png (250x250, 56K)

code doesnt work

Icy progression : HBQ-7WW-KLF
my second level

i made a couple quick levels last night
would like to know what people think since i dont really have any friends on my switch

F18-2T3-SSF

had fun doing this 100 coin level as well

LQP-DP2-18G

Oh, never encountered that, thats really punishable!

W E E K E N D time
Mario Making for 12+ hours a day yo

Maybe make a ice level, that will cool you down.
Sad user, wish you the heat goes down!

God fuck. It's well designed but fuck me it's hard.

I was trying to work out how to make good looking houses all last night. Is it just not possible with the Wii U theme?

m.imgur.com/GjTpX4v
This Is my level

Is there a fast way to switch between main and subworld when making?

on the bar that you can scale the length of the course with theres a 1 and 2 switch for subareas

oh, thanks man

I wish the default view distance when creating courses was just a bit more zoomed out

TPK 5XG PPF

It's not a good level, but I want to see if I'm really shadowbanned, I have no plays in my level

Think the teleport boxes where in the 3ds ones

There is no shadowbanning dude.
The thing that picks courses is just a bit fucked right now.
Once you make anyone play it suddenly it shoots up in occurrence hard and gets tons more plays.

It's simple.
>hold up
>press Y
>you make a box
>hold down
>release Y
>box is not on ground
>repeat
>jump to next box
>do this over and over until you reach the other side

Here we go!

Y3P-JQG-Q1H
First one with win condition. Get all 64 coins!

>31 plays
Dunno I'm seeing it

It's not too bad really. Just kinda short and how do you do that mouse part without getting hit?

>make box
GODDAMMIT I FORGOT ABOUT THAT. Let me redo that.

9YT-9LJ-19G Tough SMW style sky them course.

5M3-XL1-J3G Easy traditional 3D World course.

I'll play one of yours if you'll play one of mine

This is what it keeps displaying. This is fucked.

Also, you use the fire balls in the pipes to kill the mice

Attached: IMG_20190629_065905549.jpg (1836x3264, 958K)

It doesn't update live, it'll get there.

Ohh hurrr of course.

I'm seeing like 31 plays though dunno what the fuck is going on with your internet

Can Mario be "hidden" or "put away" while making courses?
Or does he always have to come with you as you move around building?

Sometimes when placing ground it puts extra aesthetic stuff like grass, flowers etc.
How can I force those to spawn for aesthetic reasons?

Why don't you want him to be on screen?

Not bad. Good aesthetics, not too difficult.

What exactly determines what's used for the course picture? It inexplicably decided to take a picture of the fucking goal pole even though I saved nowhere near that

The best you can do is
>place blocks until something pops out that you want
>select the block or blocks, depending on how big the thing is
>copy it multiple times
>you now have forced aesthetics

>do a story mode level for soundfrog
>he does a fucking fornite dance

It should be where you selected upload. Unless when you said "save" you were including that, in which case I have no idea.

Attached: 1561009367715.gif (293x199, 1.94M)

RGL-3QK-KYF
First level, please tell me what you think.

Some one play these levels please
0HS-3G4-G6G
8P7-Q48-YYG

I made a fun course with a few big drops. It's about medium hard, but I think it has some good platforming.

MJV-D9P-6JF

How did scrollstop work again in a vertical level?
I'm putting a continuous wall of ground down from top to bottom right next to the thicker grid line (middle of screen)
But when I test it, while it doesn't seem to scroll, I can still see some air to the left of that.
Do I need to place blocks "behind" the thicker grid line?

>realize i can make a level with the castle theme with nothing in it except a hammer suit
Who's ready for the ultimate pleb, casual, and zoomer filter?

Attached: 6927F67F-6766-4095-AD12-1E5A9FE1C7F4.jpg (137x244, 6K)

I plan on making a really big ass level, how bad is the block limit gonna fuck me in this one? I needed to trim up a level I was making in MM1 once.

first mario maker level
pls b kind

MXD-G5J-VFF

Attached: dug.jpg (236x355, 9K)

Oof, turns out a single Snake block was more limiting than I thought. Anyway, pretty short but difficult level featuring snake blocks and capes.
159-Q20-70H

Yeah there's a couple pixel gap between the edges of the ground and the next tile if it isn't connected to another ground block. So you will need to make the wall 1 tile thicker.

Cool level, I really enjoyed the boss fight, and the lava bubble jumps with note blocks felt really perilous. Glad my roulette could inspire some people.

Attached: 1397699096843.gif (500x388, 498K)

so you won't have these ugly scenarios.

Attached: reason.png (611x302, 6K)

Really nice. Clever use of win conditions, but really needed checkpoints.

7S3-W0H-1DG

Can you make it across the border, hombres?

Pretty sure you technically have a bigger block limit now since some stuff got put in their own categories iirc

Can't use checkpoints if you have a clear condition.

Didn't know that. That's a shame, some of them could definitely work with checkpoints.

I wanted to put a checkpoint in but Some of the conditions wouldn't matter if you died, especially the not landing one so I hope they change it.

KCV-38B-VFF
Test your might, Yea Forums.

>Win 5 consecutive Versus matches
Impossible.

>SMB 1-2: 9C8-9S8-5JF
This level's great because it tempts the player to rush, but you have things laid out in such a way where it's fun to hop and duck through everything. Slopes even hinder you in a way I haven't really experienced before, combined with the monty moles made that hectic in a good way. One of the best levels I've played yet.

I've actually been surprised by how much I like controller mode as well. everyone was saying it sucked, but I've actually used it more than touch controls at this point, even when playing undocked. would still be awesome to have mouse support and better zoom options

Why doesn't Mario die and you restart instantly when you fail a clear condition?

I kind of like it, since you can still explore and see what lies ahead. Main problem is that there's no quick restart button or button combo, like holding ZL+ZR+A or something.

Made this cool level about a mountain Mario can climb with the help of claws.
BUY-SKY-RIM

for many clear conditions, there's no way for the game to tell that you've actually failed to the point if not being able to beat the level

Toad Howard?

fuck you

Level where you escort a shell and the shell helps you out too.

22T-3VG-Q5G

One casual has been outed, how many more will follow?

Any SMB 1 levels you guys made? That's my focus right now, gimme your code and I'll play it.

Attached: SMB1 Run.gif (500x320, 15K)

Sure: W6Y-T7J-PPF

YH7-X31-HLF
Roulette told me to make a desert night level with cheep cheep and burners, came out suprisingly coherent

>play competitive
>no lag
>try co-op
>lag, lag everywhere
how do I get those sweet magikoopa robes now

simple one

>the way SMB1 desert "tumbleweeds" are reused and recolored coral from the underwater theme, as if this were developed for the NES under ROM restrictions and assets had to be reused

Attached: 16520233-finger-guns.jpg (717x1024, 150K)

Has anyone beaten Simpleflips level?

How do you get the hammer for SM3DW and the superball for SMB1? Do you have to 100% the story?

I have no idea what to do but I'll keep trying

superball: complete purple toad's missions then hit the question blocks
hammer: complete the story mode

holy shit I figured it out

beat it
i hope you're proud of yourself for that, user

I am.

Anyone know why my lava isn't alternating in my SMB3 castle level? It just goes up and the lava level stays stagnant. Am I a retard?

Press the arrow

God fuck I'm getting an aneurysm right now trying to make a vertical stage that is "fixed" to one screen width with equally fat walls on both sides.

It's driving me nuts.

>Super Shmup Bros.
NWC-L96-RWF

>SMB1.5: 1-1 Goomba Valley
B4S-TY6-KPF
>SMB1.5: 1-2 Koopa Cavern
D12-R91-GYF

Whats the code for this level? Looks cozy.

the two at the bottom are SMB1 and designed to play like classic mario levels

Two of my levels are in need of plays:

Skeleton Stomper
99M-YTW-MGF

Sisyphus
R8R-Y9F-QPF

For each one that you beat, reply with a code and i'll play it.

Attached: simonsuitsamus.png (1180x1319, 1.15M)

Is there no way to make transparent slopes like pic related?

Attached: E56D9B46-00FD-4C43-8E34-2058AC743B34.jpg (288x169, 29K)

Does the reset rocket destroy my entire course or only my subarea?
What if I want to only destroy my subarea?

How long can a level be?
Can a level have different backgrounds?
I want to make a level where the goal is to get to the top of a mountain. At the height of the level there is a door which leads to a cave inside if the mountain.
Once you leave the cave again you are stating in a snow level background to simboliuze that you are now even higher.
Is that concept duable in Mario maker 2?

Nope

Both. Just zoom out

What do you mean just zoom out? To quicker delete everything?

you can have a main area and a sub area, meaning 2 different themes at most. However, depending on what game you're building with you can also use semi-transparent platforms to give the illusion of additional areas. Scroll stop can also be used now to make levels feel even bigger.

Ye

10 screens, 20 with a subarea
No
I think so

>Icy progression: HBQ-7WW-KLF
That level had somethin goin for it at the end, but man that snake block and bounce ring stuff was way too tight a margin. Still did it, though, liked it.

>W6Y-T7J-PPF
Can't find the course, sorry.

>Dragonbone Ocean: YH7-X31-HLF
First off, props cause that's one of the coolest level names I've come across. The roulette gave you solid gold with this idea, combating your jumps against the wind and cheep cheeps poppin up is great. But it's too short and the level of difficulty feels static throughout, so that keeps it from being great. I urge you to try this again and reupload it cause I think you're more than halfway there.

>Blockoid: MXD-G5J-VFF
Didn't like it. The hidden blocks don't trick you into anything bad, but it's very underdeveloped as a theme. Hidden blocks should be a challenge to find with coins as a clue for a few, I don't think they should be the foundation for a level.

>SMB1.5, 1-2 Koopa Cavern: D12-R91-GYF
Played two of your levels before, but this one's new. Nice competent level overall, wish there were some platforming challenges inbetween the koopa stuff, there's a good theme but it's static.

Nice job all around, guys. Every course I like's gettin added to a list, and if these threads prefer it I'd be happy to put it in some permanent pastebin link.

Attached: Yeah, You Don't Like That, Do Ya.gif (223x208, 1.67M)

RIP Etika

1ML-YWY-WRG

>How long can a level be?
Pretty long, especially when combined with a sub-area.
>Can a level have different backgrounds?
Yes, the main and sub area can be entirely different themes.
>Is that concept duable in Mario maker 2?
A mountain might be hard to represent in this game. There are only horizontal and vertical areas, not diagonal. You can go somewhat diagonal with either, but not very high in horizontal areas, and not very far in vertical areas. You might need to use some movie magic to craft the illusion of climbing a mountain. Or maybe make some mini caves that you use to climb up it in a zig-zag pattern, that could work with a vertical area.

Feedback pls senpai, first SMM2 level I've made:

Desert Daredevil
VL3-F7H-LKF

koopa cavern user here, can you elaborate on what you mean by static?

Any tips for picking supporting enemies / objects in a course? I just finished my first level only to realize it's pretty much just the main element in different fashions, didn't really use anything to make it stronger. I suppose that's better than just spamming hordes of shit for no rhyme or reason, but it's a bit bland.

Hurr I'm retarded and can't spell, no wonder it's not getting plays. W6Y-T7L-PPF

I cannot get this fucking shit to work goddamn
why do my walls get cut off and appear so thin
fuck scrollstop fuck

I'd scoffed at that guy that kept posting that soulless copy pasta, but SMM2 really is lacking that something special that SMM1 had. It's still fun, but the endless challenge is so unmotivating, and the maker mode controls are unbelievably annoying and slow.

Sure. What I mean by "static" in the context of level design is when a theme's there, but there's not enough that expands that idea. So say I make a level with red koopas on every platform in the level. Gotta time your jumps from one platform to the next because they're big jumps and you don't wanna get hit. But that's all it is for the entire level. There don't feel like a progression, so it gets stale by the end. It's especially bad with longer levels. Your level wasn't bad, but near the end I was startin to get bored. I say that just to be honest cause we're all anonymous here.

Aha, lemme play that now.

>My Tanks are Fight!: W6Y-T7L-PPF
Holy shit, only 2/25 cleared this? Man, for all the criticism Mario games, turns out people ain't so hot at em after all, hahaha. The tank segment was a cinch, not much different than what you'd find in SMB 3. The flying Boom-Boom battle with the bombs was actually pretty nice to finish off the level. Just wish that tank section had somethin more to it. Maybe it needs to scroll faster or have a few flying enemies so the jumps from one tank to the next are actually challenging.

Attached: Yup.gif (370x246, 984K)

Not really.

5TJ-K2R-DGG

Good luck losers

Attached: 1374090752135.jpg (500x498, 26K)

Just some platforming
MXL-570-NGF

Remember GameSpot called NSMBWii "old school tough".

>Mariofags
Will play it safe no matter what. Picks Normal all the time. Respawns at the start, doesn't know how to change their respawn point.
>Luigifags
Steals items and throws people off pits. Picks Super Expert then complains about difficulty. Respawns at whoever they think is furthest ahead.
>Toadfags
Know their limits. Picks Expert. Never has to respawn since he never dies.
>Toadettefags
Little Timmy just got this game yesterday. Unironically picks Easy. Doesn't know how to respawn because he ragequits the moment he dies.

I hate the new giant fucking billboards that obscure the level until you get right up to them. The text comments are fine, and I like those, but the billboards need the axe.

You can disable them in settings

Fuck Naggers

gleam.io/LfsER/mario-maker-2-switch-giveaway

Attached: zorg6xn6gdj21.png (2318x1710, 3.24M)

Does this keep the text comments, though?

>getting a music level in comp
t-thanks nintendo

no

>What I mean by "static"[...]
that's fair, I did design it to be an easy level though since it's intended to mimic early mario levels, but yeah I was struggling for interesting ideas to do without causing a huge spike in challenge or adding some new element out of nowhere. I'm still drafting what my 1-3 course should be like. I'm considering a scrolling athletic course next but making those fair for newbies, and fun for speedrunners & skilled players, will be very tricky to design.

>full game download
I swear the jews are behind this. Just fucking put the actual cartridge into the box, how expensive can that be? That cannot be fucking more than 10 bucks extra for them

Why the fuck can't you build when you zoom out?

I like the concept and look of the map, my favorite part was flying up to battle the two hammer bros on high platforms. My main feedback for improving would be:

1) Make it a bit more linear, I missed the one on the far left of the starting hub and had to backtrack. By the time I came back I forgot where I was even going.
2)Difficulty drops a bit too much after getting powerups, maybe have a more dense fight vs 3 hammer bros near end?

Anyway I also have an SMB3 Sky level if anyone wants to test - I went with autoscroll on my first level which may have been a mistake but appreciate any feedback!

W6H-BY1-GQF

Attached: sml.png (442x268, 60K)

I'm laughing so hard at this stage I'm making right now. It's infuriating.

dumb troll stage nigger

So who are the ideal makers to follow so far? Give me those IDs.

Also, I finished my first level while groggy this morning. It's probably trash, but if you want to try it or even help me earn my medals that'd be lovely.

FHT-T23-HTG

It's not a troll, just annoying because of all the bouncing

Just had to boo a level. Damn shame cause the speedrunning aspect of it felt natural, and that's where its difficulty comes from. Really that's where the difficulty of almost every Mario level comes from, player greed.

>Spirit World: Final: GBL-132-60G

This one almost worked, but the problem is that Bowser's fire is too random to trust making any big jumps as 80% of the time you're goin in blind until you see a big fireball and then it's too late. Combined with the jumpin flames and it just fell apart for me.

>MXL-570-NGF
Level based off falling platforms. It works alright, and it's definitely gonna be one people wanna speedrun. I suggest adding some parakoopas in at least one or two spots, since while it saves the player, it punishes em because they know that'll really fuck up their time they were going for. Same with the koopas you have to kick into the blocks to get trampolines.

Attached: She Knows What You Want.gif (268x350, 1.14M)

Just made this one revolving around the sound effect that illuminates the night ghost house level

YWC-W5B-FHF

4B8-KDC-9MF

Just stop.

Follow me, set me free. Here's my ID, I'll check your level in a sec:

6W6-BFH-VNF

Nothing too special. I would appreciate some feedback on it

1H4-WTY-0JG

So I noticed the level IDs have gotten significantly shorter without having a changed alphabet, meaning the maximum number of levels is a lot lower.
It's now about 36^9~=100 billion (long scale) = 100 trillion (short scale)
Isn't that a little few? Also, that's assuming no checksum bits, which is probably wrong, so the actual number is lower.

How many levels were uploaded in SMM1?

0TR-J4F-GSG
A twist on a classic

Attached: 8.jpg (717x960, 145K)

>comfy Mario Maker threads are back
im happy bros

Attached: comfy_squidward.png (500x500, 458K)

It was nice, though the vertical second part wasn't needed, since I can just take the damage when getting into the pipe to the last part?

>got doctor's coat for rank b and fireworks shirt for five wins in a row

Nice.

You made it sound like it'd be crap but it's alright. That beginning part with the high Koopa is a big difficulty spike but the rest is good.

Spent half of yesterday on this and only one person has played it. Somebody beat it for me, will you? There's a secret 1-up room if you're a bad enough dude to find it.

3J8-768-YRG

Attached: 1358828752649.jpg (479x359, 150K)

Got some feedback for a level and wanted to make an updated version. Is there a way to update a level without losing all the stats/comments etc.?

I've even 'save as'd a new version but it won't let me upload it again.

Attached: nina why are you like this.jpg (348x533, 76K)

got the world record, I like the first section but didn't like the vertical section much. Sucks to get hit by the 3 green parakoopas that you can't see as they're offscreen when you jump up to it. By the way, you should really add a powerup or to into your levels, a lot of new makers don't do this and I'm not sure why as having to do a course without being hit is often unfair.

Nice. Thanks for playing. I wondered if I should split the three koopas with smaller platforms between, but if you just jam right like most people tend to then the timing seems to work out.

Could really use a checkpoint. Good besides that

Honestly, I also kind of dislike the green paratroopas. I might adjust it. Also, there's a hidden mushroom under the first pipe and another above the blocks near the checkpoint.

The online makes me wanna kill myself.

Sand level with hooks. Call it Sandy Hook.

I didn't find either of those mushrooms, personally I feel the first mushroom of a course should be obvious in most circumstances - it's fairer on the player to give them a free hit as they figure out your level and its obstacles.If you haven't already, I recommend checking out the yamamura dojo/tutorials about level design, they're really insightful and will also help with inspiration (especially the advanced section)

Looked extremely laggy going by what I have seen.
Even the shit Yea Forums played for the last week felt more fluid.
Is that impression spot-on?

lol troll, cool lvl though

Thanks for playing. I wanted to put in a checkpoint but couldn’t because of the clear condition. I don’t understand why they can’t have both.

Yes

Oh god that makes a lot of sense. Fuck. Hopefully they'll patch it in then.

hows this game compare to the first one? I might pick it up in a few weeks. Seems relaxing just sitting at my desk making levels watching youtube or something.

How do I find skill based Mario World levels that use shell jumps and so on? Kind of like Grand Poo World?

BLK-B9B-2JF

>1T5-5CT-0SG - High in the Blue Sky!

Tried making a semi traditional sky level using semi-solids, parachutes and tracks. Any feedback is greatly welcome!

I know that as much as I've played everyone else's levels, I ain't made my own yet, that'll change when I get the time to. It's all off my TV though, so it might take a while. Thinkin of makin a forest theme level cause I like the music for it so much in the SMB style.

youtube.com/watch?v=tG9mSZRpfIE

How do I make it so a specific music plays constantly while in the sub level, but not above?

P2P was a mistake. Unironically.

>goal to reach goal with super mushroom
>doesn't count if you have any other powerup that makes you big too

Welcome to Nintendo's shit online. Hopefully the MS partnership will continue and they will use XBL next gen

Made some adjustments based on the constructive criticism and reuploaded. The first mushroom is now not hidden and the green koopas are raised a bit and wingless so their jumping doesn't make them a potential cheap shot. Also made the "secret" pipe a bit easier to get to. Thanks for the feedback.

RNW-03C-9JF

I apologize because this is probably not the place to ask but how the fuck do i beat the last froglevel?
Please help a brother out

>"reach goal with x"
>reaches goal with y
>complains about not being able to finish

It's more that I can't say, give a player a fire flower and ask them to finish with a super mushroom, thus giving them 1 hit of leeway but then if they do play too good I'd need to have a damage at the end just so they can finish. Feels dumb.

What do you mean? I don't recall having any trouble with it

Can you tell me how to improve my levels so far?

3GH-MJK-FQG
L0G-D2Y-XVG

It's the first time I'm playing Mario Maker because fuck the Wii U. I tried to make some levels, please tell me how to improve.

CS0 QBH 2SF
QNR BKT S1G

Attached: 1557832031341.jpg (640x628, 57K)

First room is a boo wheel with a keydoor and a open door.
The room behind the door is just a goomba in a shoe and a blocked exit. The switch to unblock the exit is behind a wall.
A Shell spawns top right but doesnt move.
Havent played since SMW so im probably missing something obvious

Pls take a look at my level. It is manly vertical and you get chased by rising lava. It contains fast platforming, some puzzle segments and a bone boat ride. It took really long to time the raising lava level right, because otherwise it wouldn’t be threatening when you start from the checkpoint.

Attached: C8D7661B-5E5B-4C87-9E21-F440047BFB7E.jpg (1280x720, 143K)

Kill the boos with the shoe y'dork

Do downloaded courses affect stats?

>C8D-4Q6-3NF

You don't even have to beat it, I just want it to actually enter the matching algorithm lmao.

felt short, would have liked less plants and more parachute guys to make it feel like the sky
felt a little too simple, maybe add some coins and power ups in there to make it less bland
it's not clear what to do in the beginning so i just quit after looking for a hidden block

Had no idea i could do that
Thank you

Pretty good level

Took some feedback and updated my level with a checkpoint and stuff

The Mummy's Tomb
R4K-HPJ-FCG

Making a comfy little haunted Silent Hillesque town in SMM2. Using SMB3 style and the night time ghost house theme.

Does the good-old block at bottom behind pipe to block advance of Mini-Mario trick not work anymore?

Thank you! I used the plants mainly to add a bit more challenge to it but I'll throw in some parachute guys and maybe some lakitus next time

Thank you user!

>mfw I could pull off the atmosphere part of level making, but cannot make anything that isn't casual shit.

For those who think they’re a real gamer.

FMT-Q9Y-SJG

This is the first level in the thread that frustrated me. The switches get hit too quickly, I can barely manage to move in the maze before it's already hit the switch again and I end up just falling down. I'll come back to it and finish it at some point, but it's very frustrating to play as is.

Really wish you could filter out who you could play with online. Tired of these third world shitters lagging my games.

Made a fun little gimmick course. See if you can get a good time on it!

YC7-7VX-4JG

Attached: bounce-a-rama.jpg (1280x720, 150K)

>that tile with watt on it
nice desu ne

really good level, the part that almost made me quit was the bow wow part but other than that it was good fun
epic, simply epic
nice and bouncy,only bad thing was the music kept resetting

Solid level, I like the bonus coins. But I gotta point out that the boss can permanently despawn if you run all the way to the right, and put you into a softlock.

Hmm... it kept resetting? I've playtested it quite a bit and it was just one continuous loop for me.
That's awkward.

We're all one race: the human race.

yeah the N64 logo would pop up on certain parts and reset the music

>Uh, why do you always play as Toadette?
How do I respond

Attached: 05.jpg (985x962, 541K)

That's really strange, I can't reproduce that here. Shit

Really well done

Any way to reset stats? My retard roommate played all night while I was at work.

i always play as toadette and it's because i think she is neat

What do you want to reset exactly?

Propeller Toadette is cute. CUTE!

Things like how many courses I played and how many I managed to complete, etc. Number of deaths.

What are these? Also anyone know what happened to SMB3’s brown underground theme?

Attached: 5BFC9134-C5DC-4100-ACD0-51421F4368FC.png (86x116, 14K)

Create a new NNID.

And thank God for that.

If that's what it takes, it's obviously not worth it. Oh well. I told her if it couldn't be reset she'd receive a spanking, so if you'll excuse me.

Dry Bone's Swamp Fortress Raid
HDT-G46-SSG

I like making coin collecting levels

Don't forget to upload the webm!

Because you wasn’t to fuck her

Just picked up a Switch for this shit, my first console in 11 years. Better be worth it. I played the 3DS version of MM1 and it was so nerfed it’s not even funny, they really fucked up with that one.

Sarasaland Desert
It’s just a shot comfy desert themed level. I named it sarasaland because of Mario Land and the resemblance to Sahara
J9K-3N3-F2H

Attached: 062D5CBD-29D6-4C98-9FE5-2D98774AD921.jpg (2669x1774, 923K)

H2S-2M7-XWG
What do you guys think

Maybe I’m slow but I can’t figure out the on-off switch section. I can’t get the Thwomp up there to trigger them. The seesaw doesn’t lift like it should.

>want to keep comments on because they can be entertaining to look at while playing the level
>people keep putting penises in them
haha so funny

i died so many times trying to beat this, throw a mushroom in there for the casuals like me

>he doesnt think dicks are funny

>Toadette still wears a skirt when flying around with the propeller helmet.
Someone needs to have a talk with her about how a lady crosses her legs.

I played it. Probably will be good for co-op since it uses various features. Angry sun is always a pain.

Here is my first "real" course, though it is short, pls be gentle:
TW6-03K-02G

I thought Nintendo had superior penis drawing detection technology.

Armada streaming:

twitch.tv/armadaugs

Yeah and you're gonna make it a race to lick your ass.

Attached: 1528655355136.jpg (804x864, 57K)

FUCK I meant to type kick.

One room puzzle 1
>K57-PR3-1JG
One room puzzle 2
>C8N-QF6-9WF

Here’s one for ya, start of a 1-1 to 8-4 campaign I’m gonna make that will encompass all the styles and a wide variety of level themes. The first world is SMB, World 2 will be SMB3 and so on until World 6, then all the styles will be set at random. I have two stages so far, and am about halfway done with 1-3, should be done sometime this afternoon

Attached: C699BDE0-FF24-4427-BCE1-06419F56D431.jpg (1280x720, 124K)

I made 3 levels yesterday, the first code is a little shoot-em-up thing, and the other two are more traditional levels:

76X-VRT-YMG
0K1-W6T-44G
0R8-T6S-SRG

I chuckled

This is my first level...
Sorry if it's shit.

8RN-S4K-44G

>make stage
>didn't even advertise it
>already played by 9 players an hour later

Attached: 1556048993853.gif (1372x1024, 800K)

based junji ito

>Why your Mario Maker 2 level is stuck at zero plays and how to stop that

I see this a lot and did a bunch of research and tests and I think I found the reason. Basically how the game recommends levels is if it gets out of the “new” section with just ONE star, the game will start putting that level into the Mario challenge and multiplayer.

If you don’t have a following, getting that first star can be rough because almost no one sorts by new. They either play the Mario challenge, multiplayer, or sort by “hot”

Basically what I’m saying is you need to get that first star and then you will immediately get put into the pool of the Mario challenge, giving your level a lot more exposure.

One thing to note, if your level gets boo’d a bunch, all traction is halted and you will get kicked out of the challenge and multiplayer pool of levels.

A few ways to get that first std
ar is to have a friends star it, or share them here on Yea Forums or twitch or discord or wherever. Things will go a lot more smoothly if you give it that kick start.

Congrats.
I have ideas for 3 levels but no switch!

Attached: image.jpg (1345x997, 188K)

These were fun levels. I enjoyed them a lot!

There's a solution to your problem, user!

How are you anons building? The Pro controller is a bit finicky to work with but after practice, it's ok. My joycons are fucked, are those any better? And I don't have a stylus for my switch.

I think Yea Forums is a good way to advertise your level. It helps distribute them. Otherwise other forums?
Maybe something like helps alot too.

Bludgeon him in the head so he goes retarded and forgets his ideas? Kinda harash, user.

First level, nothing too special. C46-D76-YWF

Yeah desu here on Yea Forums we should help each other out by playing new courses anons made and giving them at least one star (if the course is good) so it gets a chance to be seen.

Lets us beat the millions of people who don't have other people to help them out right away and makes our courses snowball and appear in endless mario.

M2W-4K0-9JF
Short and sweet.
Remember to trust the coins!

Attached: 1553717145578.jpg (320x320, 18K)

>Mario naturally sinks underwater
>grab a stone block and he begins floating to the surface

Alright then.

SMB Special world 1-1: KFH-3TH-2KF

It's just a recreation of SMB Special world 1-1.
I had to shorten the start and ending so I could actually fit in the ending area. Guess SMB special levels are actually quite large.
Hachisuke (Hu-bee) isn't in, but his block is.
Decent enough to get into the creation mechanics

Would like to make more SMB special levels considering how few people played the game.
But all the levels might be too large

Also found out that multi-coin blocks have a hidden timer on it which depletes coins, why can't this be turned off? Also no one way pipes.

>My level has a 1.45% clear rate

?

Attached: 1561694366302.jpg (237x255, 14K)

KOOPA PARTY - 3D World
CVW-P1G-FGG

SPEEDFALL - SMW
6XK-KQB-7MF

ICY CONDITIONS - SMB3
YHC-61B-PNG

CHAOTIC SKIES- SMB
97L-TMP-BHF

BASIC UNDERGROUND - SMW
CD2-6BL-74G

i liked it
they were all too short and too easy imo
course not found

Can you update already uploaded courses or do you have to make it again?

Ah I messed the code up. It's C46-D78-YWF

Made two levels so far, one that I posted yesterday and another one that I just finished
Thwomp Rider M6R M8K O5G spin on thwomps to victory
Bowser Junior's Castle P50-23C-02G A castle level with a few neat gimmicks and Bowser Junior as the boss at the end. Beware though, he does have a few tricks up his sleeve...

Which?

I hope not, i like my head. Especially in mint condition!

You can update them, but you can't upload unless you take down the original.

i kind of jumped over half the level, add more barriers so that people go on the intended path, also some of the jumps up to another slope are a pain in the ass to do while moving, it loses the racing feel to have to slow down

Would be a little bit selfish, but would be old Yea Forums worthy!

Attached: image.jpg (700x1057, 469K)

Where my draw first fags at

Attached: 20190628_150921.jpg (4032x1960, 2.19M)

Will it loose all stats than? Otherwise its just new upload than update!

If i get this, will i need a nintendo subscription to play other peoples online levels?

I made my second course, after getting pretty good feedback from Yea Forums last time.
It's called Sky Islands Adventure, I tried to go for a theme here. It's SMW, with condition that you can't touch the ground after jumping. Would really appreciate anybody trying it out and giving me feedback! I thought it was quite hard but maybe I'm a casual.

code: WNS-HF8-HLG

In the mean time, I'll play some of your levels!

>Make a kinda hard level but with just one simple non-kaizo gimmick.
>"Yeah I think people will get this after a few tries."
>Nearly 0/800 at the moment.

I'll post it in the next thread I guess.

Attached: 1441577170263.jpg (200x200, 8K)

Anyone willing to give my stage that is based on Celeste a try?

Attached: ff6a2c76a7b878b072beb8568ab09e7650ddf130.jpg (616x353, 41K)

What?

Attached: image.jpg (700x1057, 847K)

nice ideas in there for some stuff, can the superball break blocks or anything for furthur puzzling?

Oh shit forgot code: 9PC-29L-4JG

GLG-K1G-1HG

First time player, here is my desert themed level.

a couple to many pipes but other than that solid

Thanks!

I kinda wondered if they were on the easy side. I missed out on the first Mario Maker so that was sort of dipping my toes in, I'll have to play more levels to get a better feel for where the baseline should be to stay engaging but not have people just give up/end up making a troll level. I guess that kind of stuff just comes with playing and challenging yourself!

Lol, you are in my friend list. I guess we played Mario Kart Yea Forums together.

You lose everything.

Wario Land 1 remake user here again. Got Mount Teapot 1 done now, and went fairly smoothly making it. As usual, if you can, please give it a playthrough and (you) if you want.

Mount Teapot 1: 1WV-MF9-F0G

I loved Twhomp Rider, it feels pretty tight and tense. It was a bit ease, and the checkpoint came kinda early. Maybe giving a break in the middle of that second section with another checkpoint would help.
I did have trouble finding it online, you used an O where a 0 should be.
Cool beans, user. Gonna try Bowser Jr. Castle now

stop making kaizo shit and/or heavy gimmick stuff if you want a high clear rate

You didn't really need the coins tho?

Here is a SMW traditional forest level with claws and moving vines, haven't touched story mode, so I hope this idea wasn't used yet.

Keep an eye out for the bonus rooms

MD6-9GV-6RG

You keep everything, but the new level starts at zero.
Basically, your likes/boos/stats disappear, but you keep the likes you got.

It sucks a bit. Either playtest your level really well to find any problems or have one other person playtest it a bit for you before you do your final, real upload.

OHHH DOG IT GONNA BE HOTEL MARIO

Also wondering this. I’d assume undocked mode with touch screen is the best way to build right now?

Makes sense, if its heavy edited, the stars dont fit.

It's not a requirement to complete the level but they can lead your path, like revealing hidden 1ups.

several of those have maker not found tags

Graph lined book so you can draw levels

>clear course, did as good as I can
>world record is like 1 min faster
hmmm

Haha what a coincidence!

Just got my first comment on my first stage from a dutch guy
aww!

I bought a standard smart phone stylus from the grocery store and been using that, it's worth getting one.

Yes, get a stylus. It's way more intuitive than using a controller.

Attached: ST-3PCSFTCH-BBWcp_L[1].jpg (500x500, 27K)

ok but the big thwump part was annoying

A little too hard for me but I suck...

If a guy has lots of stars on his stages and he makes a new stage, do you guys think it's automatically treated better / put in more endless mario etc. than if it was a new stage made by a nobody?

Like, do you think there's some algorithm?

>Try to make Mumbo's Mountain
>It's shit
I tried. KM4-XY1-FLG

Attached: 1523599021392.png (540x498, 298K)

Posted this in another thread but check out my first course:
FY6-J87-YMG

Attached: 5A59E146-D4F4-41D9-990F-668BBE087F4B.jpg (890x1200, 201K)

Alright course, I liked Thwomp Rider better. Still, miles above the average level.
I dislike claws on tracks a lot, especially if you are on one AND have to jump to one. Too much instability in one move.
Also, you hand out powerups quite often but they're not that useful the biggest challenge is not falling in the lava.
The walk over the bridge to the Boss room was cute. The twist at the end got me, too.
Great level of detail with the backgrounds platforms, by the way.

Someone play my levels, please.... Not a single person has touched them. It's Mario Maker 1 all over again.

>Toadette's Trip
>PHT-6JT-SSF
Toadette goes for a drive in the sky bound Neon city

>Rob the Goombrat King blind!
>170-9BX-1JG
(Couldn't think of a better name)
The goal is to grab 900 coins, which is incredibly easy to do, and defeat the Goombrat king. It's meant for multiplayer, but it's easily doable in single.

Attached: Banjo Zim.jpg (1200x1697, 162K)

The sad part could be that your test level gets more views or attention than the final one.

I have two new levels sitting at zero plays.

Skeleton Stomper (hard)
99M-YTW-MGF

The Mirror Never Lies (easy)
RVG-G6R-2KF

If you play one, reply with a level of your own and i'll play it.

Attached: to surpass metal gear.webm (1200x675, 1.41M)

Yeah it's a pretty hard course, it took me a few tries to upload it too. But I like the fact that you can look ahead, even after failing the condition. That way, you'll at least be less blind going in.

Thanks for playing

YWC-W5B-FHF

I tried to do something interesting

You have to do a ground pound on both the seesaws. If everything is done right the thwomps will crash to the left and activate the three switches.

Ty user, the first area in thwomp rider is supposed to be a tutorial of sort for players who don't know how to ride thwomps, it's why the checkpoint came so early since it's when the level truly start. I felt like it would have maybe been a little too easy with another checkpoint but I guess it could have worked fine too.

I'm starting up Mirror now. Can you try mine, too?

Ok, makes sense.
But sounds like more effort than doodling in smm2

Attached: image.jpg (700x1057, 476K)

Could i get some feedback on this one?

RBX-MRM-YRF

It's my first level and i would love to improve

Attached: 1560022376621.png (518x488, 505K)

mirror level is based

>join some discord for exchanging levels
>dude plays mine
>"hey alright try mine now, tell me what you think afterwards"
>it's some kaizo tier difficulty precision stuff and I can't fucking do it
>start to sweat
I'm so sorry

bump limit reached, new thread:

Sorry for replying late, I was a bit iffy on the claws too but I figured it'd spice up the stage a bit. Thanks for noticing the background decorations too, I'm quite happy with how it ended up looking

I wish people would stop changing the color of the background when they do these things. More than a few doing that and the whole thing is unrecognizable.
Anyone have the Blaster Masters cover mosaic from several weeks ago

I liked it and you have some great ideas in there but I feel it goes on for too long.

>holiday season 2019
>nintendo repeatedly hints at a brand new theme
>the day finally comes
>it's fucking Splatoon
You know this is going to happen