Why cant Switch run a basic 2d side scroller?

Why cant Switch run a basic 2d side scroller?

Attached: IMG_7224.jpg (640x994, 124K)

>Why can't incompetent hack indie devs using off the shelf engines optimize worth a fuck
Gosh I wonder.

>blaming the console for poor development and nonexistent optimization
stop

It is a pretty badly optimized game to start with.
Many many times you enter a room and kill a monster, the game will freeze frames for 3-5 seconds while it waits to load the enemy drop tables to decide what you get.

>IGA does a shitty job at porting the game
>Other Switch games run perfectly fine
>Somehow it's the console's fault

Fuck off

>looks worse than tropical freeze
>runs worse than tropical freeze
>it's the hardware's fault somehow

Runs super Mario maker fine.

>muh 2d is simple meme
Not when you make it in 3d retard.
Donkey Kong TF is many times larger than Metroid Prime in terms of level space and how much they actually had to create for instance.

good work OP, look at how many tendies you caught

Thanks user, I originally considered using pic related as OP image but thought the bait would be too obvious

Attached: IMG_7233.png (640x1136, 455K)

Fucking YIKES

>>Other Switch games run perfectly fine

Attached: 1554214681950.png (258x544, 130K)

muh optimization
muh optimization
muh optimization
all fucking day with you consolefags

Why do people blame the switch when it can run better looking games at better frame rate

Tropical Freeze shuts down every other low effort 2D Platformer

Attached: Dw4kG2rU0AABEGq-819x1024.jpg (819x1024, 98K)

Other switch games on the same 2D Platforming level as Bloodstained do, you fucking frog

Attached: goddamn.png (1861x1713, 869K)

and mk8 runs at a proper resolution at 60fps compared to crash racing who fucking cares
Devs either gonna shit the bed or not thats it

I can't tell if it's third party devs not knowing Optimization or Nintendo not telling them how to Optimize

How many of them are locked at 60fps?

It's a shame since it is a good game

Wasn’t Bloodstained’s original Kickstarter (some 20 years ago at this point) supposed to be for the Wii U? It would make sense that the change to porting it to the Switch late in development would lead to a bunch of hiccups. Same as the Hat in Time devs being incompetent and not releasing a Switch port long after they put it everywhere else.

it's literally just switchfags. they think "optimization" is a magic wand that developers can wave to make every game run perfectly on the switch.

The Switch has more impressive looking platformers than this that runs much better so i blame the devs.

If there are other games on the system that look better and run better then yes, theres no reason why a game as bland looking as bloodstained shouldn't be able to run well.

Wouldn't that be more on the developer?

snoy paid iga to gimp the switch version

Bloodstained uses UE4 which is super inefficient. The team didn't have the talent or resources to properly re-write this. The game should have never used Unreal.

Rumors this is the cancelled VITA port

It's another case of kickstarter games overpromising shit and kenichi smith being a hack
They just looked at the table of systems UE4 can compile to and added everything as a stretch goal.
> We'll totally figure this out once we get the money guys don't worry

Attached: 1526387657633.png (472x410, 254K)

Nintendo has always been wizards of their own hardware.
I feel like getting really good at dealing with the limited power on stuff like handhelds and wii did them a favor in that aspect

It runs cuphead, megaman and iconoclasts fine. This is on the dev side.

Someone at some point sold Unreal Engine as a quick and easy to develop for Engine that can be ported to everything. And hey it's the "industry standard" so you backwards Japanese devs should get on board. This is classic executive who doesn't know anything about programming type decision. This wasn't decided by experienced programmers.

I guarantee you the sequel will not use Unreal, but something much more sane.

My PS4 copy crashed 5 times now, I can't even imagine what a mess it is on the Switch.

I'm gonna screencap this whole thread and look back at you all when Witcher 3 comes out.

It's Nintendo being absolute optimization wizards with the added benefit of developing on hardware they themselves created. It's been like this for decades. The Switch isn't a powerful console, Nintendo has simply cultivated insanely talented development crews while also granting them access to every secret of the console. Nobody should expect 3rd party developers to be able to optimize their games to the insane degree that the 1st parties have achieved, the playing field is not even remotely even. This goes double for multiplats, who don't have the luxury of being hand-tailored to accommodate Nintendo hardware. Bloodstained is probably a bad port but asking ports to be on the same level as the exclusives isn't just unreasonable, it's absolutely unrealistic.

Attached: 1559287405149.jpg (441x441, 84K)

see
While i love blaming the switch for everything because it's an underpowered over hyped vita 2 weeb machine. in this instance it's clearly not Nintendo's fault if the devs drop the ball on the port. Look how many ports for PC are total fucking garbage and modders had to come in to save the day. You can't say all pc games are shit because some devs are retarded and can't port to save their lives

Attached: 1530518270700.jpg (299x168, 12K)

I didn't mean to tag you I meant to tag op in this post

This shouldnt be the case for the Switch. It uses a literally off-the-shelf Tegra chip. YOU can buy it exactly and make a Switch devkit. and how come Fire Emblem is looking and performance like complete shit still? Same with Pokemon, its like there *is* still a secret but Nintendo EAD isnt telling Intelligent and Game Freak

Holy fuck this thread is embarrassing. I've never seen such blatent Nintendo shilling before.
You fucks ever notice that a lot of games on Switch seem to be "unoptimised" despite then working fine on PC, Xbox and PS4? You really think there's nothing suspicious about that?

Why does most games run and look like shit? Bloodstained isnt an exception, its a common rule for the Switch library

>despite then working fine on PC, Xbox and PS4?
Except Bloodstained doesnt

>You fucks ever notice that a lot of games on Switch seem to be "unoptimised" despite then working fine on PC, Xbox and PS4?
Give me the full list of those games so I can defend Switch.
I know you will say ARK and that's it.

Welcome to Yea Forums - Cult Switch Worship. This board is full of low test betas fresh out of highschool. I saw someone earlier being called shit for hating the Switch, saying he was lying, etc. Despite showing proof throughout the thread.

Its just concentrated Switch autism. We need to cull them.

>Bloodstained
>working fine on xbox and ps4

Attached: images (5).jpg (225x225, 5K)

Payday 2
Doom
Wolfenstein 2
Xenoblade 2
BOTW
Overcooked
Rocket league
Wwe
Daemon x machina

Literally the majority of the library looks and runs like shit. This is a trend, not a one off of lack of optimization.

Nincel cope the thread

Xenoblade 2, BotW and Daemon x Machina are running better on XBox, PS4 and PC?

Yeah, they reuse and port last gen games and insert a ton of res scaling. It requires minimal effort to reuse assets and engines. Also most Nintendo games in general still look like sub HD gamecube games.

Not the same guy, but they all run like shit and look like shit. Doom is a great example though. 20 fps, 480p on the switch with both console versions having 60 fps at twice the res.

>everything is the hardware's fault
god damn go outside, drink water and have sex already

OOOO thats why im farming, sometimes it load slightly slower

Attached: 13006503_992355094146472_284933400249534413_n.jpg (470x313, 15K)

>when you get so angry at a corporate entity that you start listing shit that has nothing to do with the conversation

Donkey Kong is great example of a 2D game that can run perfect 60FPS while being 1080p Docked while 720p Handheld
This game had to drop the fucking graphics lower than the fucking gamecube and make it 30FPS to even fucking run the game.
What a botched Port af

>he doesn't know

Yes, user. Your 2000 dollars PC runs BotW on YUZU better than 300 dollars Switch.

Smash runs at 60 fps even with 8 players
Eat a fucking dick you fat incel, this is literally not something you can blame the Switch for, it's a shitty port made by incompetent retards that can't optimize for shit

I don’t know. It runs Crash Team Racing, Doom, and The Witcher 3.

>despite then working fine on Xbox and PS4
REALLY makes me think. Totally not ported by total hacks.

>Donkey Kong
Anything else?

>Your 2000 dollars PC
Why do you faggots have to reach for this strawman every single fucking time?

Literally the only game that can't actually be ported to switch with zero problems is Ace Combat 7.
Which sucks, since the devs expressed their desire to do exactly that.

Hollow Knight, a third party game, by indie developers, and same genre as OP, so yeah stop the console when this game alone proves it's developers's fault.

Not that user, but a console like the Switch to a home console or PC in performance is a strawman on itself. You're comparing hardware with not only better thermal capabilities but also power draw which is close to a 20th of that of a PS4.

That's two games now, anything else?

First, you claim that those 3 games run better on PC, XBox and PS4 even though they were not released on those 3 platforms.
Then, you try to make fun of me, implying I don't know about emulators.
And finally, you will lie how you have toaster PC that runs Switch games flawlessly, even though that's not true.

Basically, you are a fag.

>is a strawman on itself.
No it's fucking not because the comparison is emulation, not native play.

read the thread you mong

>you claim
No I didn't. Learn what the numbers in the bottom right hand corner of the thread mean.
Now, do you have an actual argument or are you just pissy that your strawman was called out?

Answer the fucking question . So far we have Hollow Knight and Donkey Kong which run at a locked 60fps, apparently. What other games?

The real question is why can't the retarded devs can't code a 2d side scroller properly. I could get a game like that running on a toaster.

>Learn what the numbers in the bottom right hand corner of the thread mean.
Number of replies and people who replied? And that should tell me... what, exactly? That a person who listed those games in this post wasn't you?
Now go and delete (You) in Paint so you can ''prove me'' how wrong I am.

Why are comparing 2d game with 3d? It's much easier to render sprites than models.

I usually shit on Switch a lot for being a useless tablet but in this case, it's the devs being incompetent. Castlevania is not what it once was.

>2d side scroller properly
It's not 2d, you mong.

The movement is in two dimensions idiot.

And? It's still 3d.

Left, right, up and down is obviously 4D

Your mother's pussy and gaping shitty asshole. You've been given examples, your argument was proven invalid by even giving you one. Now fuck off and go fuck a snake.

read the reply chain you mong
>hurrr other switch games don't run perfectly fine stop lying!
>this one doesn't
>t-that doesn't count!
you are here

I'm in this bitch just enjoying the rage, even if i feel bad for the switch kiddos; it's a good game

>OP literally admitted to posting bait but retards keep bumping this shit thread
Tell me how to get rid of all white people, anons. They contribute nothing good for society.

>he deleted his post and posted it again
Good Jew.

Misspelled a word. You are still a stupid white guy who needs his ass kicked.

I don't you've ever programmed anything in your life. There is nothing secret about the tegra x1 and you don't need to know jack shit about the specific hardware you're running on to optimize, a game like this is just the result of garbage code.
Techincally it's a low poly 3D game with 2D gameplay if you wanna be autistic. Not something that the switch can't do.

I guarantee the Wii U could run it just fine. Is the Switch the first console in history to do a worse job running games than it's previous gen? Because this is getting silly now.

Attached: 1512152698672.gif (256x144, 1.49M)

See:

But at least I'm not a Jew.

Post face, peckerwood

Pokemon is made by Gamefreak
Fire Emblem is not so cut and dry, it's being co-developed by Koei Tecmo, and it may be running on unreal engine, but as far as the terrain goes the game doesn't change the terrain based on zoom, but it also runs at a low resolution and 30fps, so they aren't leveraging the low detail terrain. The actual visual quality makes no sense considering how their last game on a Nintendo console looked.

Because the Switch is weak as fuck.

u r and idiot

But it looks bad on any platform.

Attached: 8-mojodance2.gif (150x240, 280K)