Yume Shikki friday Update

We finally have some new content.

New Build: (a change log is included)
v-anons.itch.io/yume-shikki

>What is this?
Yume Shikki is a yume nikki fangame being made as a colaborative effort by various members of the Yea Forums board in a similar vein to Yume 2kki.

>How long has this been in development?
The original thread suggesting the idea was posted on Yea Forums on the 19th of april, development started a few days after this and the first build was released one week later on the 26th of april

>Can I help out?
Of course, you can join the development team via google docs here drive.google.com/open?id=1aBAAaipxu-snIAZdvh8rYXLNxtm5Bk-D , or you can simply help out by testing new builds and suggesting ideas. Even posting an old dream down below can help us get the creative juices flowing

As always devs will be hanging around responding to comments for a while after the thread is first up so feel free to ask us any questions you may have.

Attached: rTrfku.jpg (347x260, 22K)

Other urls found in this thread:

rpgmakerweb.com/download/additional/run-time-packages
yumenikkifg.fandom.com/wiki/Yume_Shikki_(夢四記)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Have you had any interesting dreams lately, user?

Attached: ItJ49w.jpg (1280x960, 340K)

no

Bump
Can't play right now, what's different since the last build, and how's it hanging

Didn't mean to reply to

NOBODY USES SHI INSTEAD OF YON YOU FUCKING EOP NIGGERS
USE 4ME NIKKI INSTEAD OF THIS YUME 4KKI RETARDATION

We're doing pretty good right now. Here's the contents of the non spoiler change log:

~~4.1.4.1 change log (NON SPOILERS) ~~

-Two worlds have been expanded
-One new world has been added
-two work in progress worlds have been added*
-other minor changes that only devs will care about

*work in progress worlds cannot be accessed normally

Bump

bump

How much longer until there's an ending?

One last bump

That's great to know this project is still going also bump

I dunno man, forky sounds kind of cute

>RPG maker 2003 rtp not found
QUE?

Quite some time

Attached: Yume Shikki Concept map 3.png (1593x4385, 750K)

you need this:
rpgmakerweb.com/download/additional/run-time-packages

Attached: 1555738643322.gif (305x235, 3.26M)

never

bump

bump

bumping for interest

Slow day, but I could share some of the old assets that I made for an old project and you guys could touch them up and use them as you see fit

Sure, go ahead.

>live in an old home
>learn about some kinda disaster, like a zombie apocalypse or something
>gotta move out of the city before shit becomes unbearable
>it's night already
>team up with old irl friends and drive
>hit the several hours long road
>start having deja vu
>things become progressively worse
>realize i had this dream already
>remember that shit's fucked even harder further ahead
>warn teammates, they're confused
>move through fiery traffic jam relatively quickly
>do everything i did in previous dream but at fuck everything speed
>people are stupored
>fuck over some bandit gang on the way
>start returning
>somehow teleport home
>wake up
Vidya is hell of a drug.

Attached: DT-070.gif (480x480, 1.59M)

>get 440 seconds in DD
>burn out

Here's some godawful frozen wasteland shit from before I knew how to sprite, I guess. I'm sure something could be salvaged from it.

Attached: Cyan1early.png (480x256, 11K)

I think it looks good.

Damn we got a really good thread a few days ago...it was there I learnt about this project

Attached: 1357517250328.jpg (500x683, 213K)

Yeah, it's always nice to see YN threads hit the bump limit.

Compared to some of the stuff I could do now, not really, but I'd have to find the motivation to do spritework again after abandoning my old project. This is probably the best it looked, and RPG Maker's bullshit quirks were making things miserable for me because I'm more of an art dude than someone who can actually make coherent ideas. Throw me some ideas for a world and I could be some more help. I kinda want to keep most of the ideas I had for my old project to myself still, god I'm stupid

Attached: TEST01.png (640x480, 41K)

>Throw me some ideas for a world and I could be some more help
for what it's worth, there's a pretty extensive list of dreams anons have posted in these threads in the google drive mentioned in the OP that we've been using for inspiration, you can use that if you want.

If you want, you can always just check out the dev chat before deciding if you want to make something, and check out the dream archive we have for inspiration.
>RPG Maker's bullshit quirks were making things miserable for me
We have several people with enough knowledge of RPM tile and spritesets that there should be no trouble in that regard. It's quite simple, really.

Yeah, well. The game's name is the least of our concerns.

YOU ARE NOT THE ORIGINAL, ARE YOU?

Attached: NotTheSame.png (256x240, 14K)

Of course he isn't. I think the original has already become bored of this game.

ok static guy when will you join the team already.

You know I think it's terrible, liability and terrible liability that every Yume Nikki fangame is being made in rpgmaker of somekind, and thus share the same slow, grid based movement, which can only be alleviated by using your single effect slot on vehicle instead of cool stuff and cool stuff itself not being all that cool.
These games should be made in Cave Story engine.

Just don't make walk speed so slow that we're forced to use the vehicle effect.
Or go like Pokemon and hold a button to run faster.

I hope it gets some crystal / stained glass area here, the LCD DEM one is beautiful

Ideally they probably should not be made at all.

We did consider putting the bike effect on a hotkey, but no one got around to that yet.

>These games should be made in Cave Story engine
Then the game would be fundamentally different. It's not an option, really. At least not at this point in time.

the problem with a vehicle effect, compared to hold to run, is that it makes you use the other effects way less. I've noticed myself thinking "either I wear a cool/cute effect and be slow or I go with vehicle boring all the time"

Yume 2kki somewhat solves this with combination effects, but that's way more work

Attached: 1362027720011.png (1920x1080, 637K)

>we still have yume Nikki fan projects in 2019

Good shit desu keep the deets coming op

The truth is I have certain "impediments" at this point in time.

Attached: Sad.png (256x240, 12K)

I think the ultimate way would be to have a custom engine on github such that we can create, curate and upload maps and resources. But I don't think we can do that with the people we have.

Good point. We're thinking of an intermediary solution (running is an option but slightly slower than a vehicle).

Don't we all

Of course. On the whole, though, I like that RPM is simple enough for anyone to make a valuable contribution with only a limited amount of knowledge needed. It encourages participation, I think. Besides that, the relatively limited options of RPM also inspire some creativity, in a way.

>These games should be made in Cave Story engine.

Attached: y tho.jpg (1813x2111, 912K)

I have this recurring dream of an old arcade/video game store in my neighborhood. You go down about 15 steps down an unmarked bunker through a door, then up 7 steps and through another door. Theres a video game/merchandise room, an arcade, and a lobby with tables and chairs and snacks. The place is always in a slightly dilapidated state and contents of the place change somewhat from night to night.

when I was young I dreamed of a persistant world.
It was so big and detailed either each dream explored new areas (keeping consistency), or you could even lucid dream, remember where things were and go through the city.

It had a mall with an amusement park at the roof, there was a lake, a big bridge, bars, arcade places, LANDS MOUNTAINS VILLAGES RUINS that you needed to take a train to reach... and it was always consistent.

It was balls to the wall insane, I still wonder about that sometimes

Attached: 1369056353974.jpg (1920x1080, 800K)

>69
ROFLLE xD so le edgy!

Thanks for the update and your persistence

meant to reply to OP

Oh cool it has been a while.

Dio you guys know why your entry was removed from the Yume Nikki fangames wiki?

>Dio you guys know why your entry was removed from the Yume Nikki fangames wiki?
It's still there
yumenikkifg.fandom.com/wiki/Yume_Shikki_(夢四記)

That "professionalism for professionalism's sake" mentality is what ruins western fan games in general. Please don't.

Huh, i know why i didnt find it before, its stuck in the work in progress category, my bad.

I only have wet dreams

how big is the game right now? Does it have secret events or is it too unfinished yet?

Attached: 1358328098985.jpg (600x600, 113K)

It's not huge but it has several worlds that are mostly finished and a bunch of smaller connecting worlds. There are some secrets too.

Here's the entire game so far, we don't have any secret events yet, but there are some planned.

Attached: Yume Shikki Current Map.png (889x634, 29K)

I just hope you people don't lose interest and becomes vaporware

I wish I could draw... I know how RPGmaker works but I have done too little sprite art, mostly small modifications

Just use 4kki who cares if it sounds stupid that's part of the charm
No need to take this sooper seriusly

I'm going to try it now

Goddamn the RTPs are annoying

Attached: 1367968752976.png (640x480, 182K)

The secret is that it's actually pronounced forky and shikki is just a cover, but let's keep that between the two of us.

I'd want it to bee less of a professionalism and of a gamefeel thing. Imagine exploring huge aesthetic locations, but you're moving through it like an inert cannonball instead of freight train on a single wheel.

There is a fangame with an effect that gives 8 direction movement.

bump

well, it's still barebones but I liked a lot the Doom area (needs better tiles), the stars area and the birds area (loved those ones)

Keep up the good work!
Also fuck fish

Fish area is the best though.

I like the new footstep default sound, its similar to the one in YN but different enough

Bumpie bump

Really like the implementation of the beige hallways concept, but the music has a little bump of silence when it loops, so either making an extended version or trying to hide the bump with some small cuts into the white noise so its isnt as abrupt would work nice.

Noted. I'll try to fix that.

Small bug, if you use the bed while going to sleep on the right tile on the top, there is a small animation glitch.

and how many maps are from this? since its looks like toooo ambitious

That's just a concept map, it's likely not going to be that big.

Okay, i feel like the ear even if broken, i have tried to escape this fucker more than 10 times now but he instantly gets me in the music box room.

Some time ago I had a rather interesting dream. Started with me and my friend in a really hard to control sports car we started driving around for no reason really. Got the hang of it, and eventually it seemed like we were in a race. This didn't last, at some point we stopped as we heard of an attempted terrorist attack. Then, my best friend and I decided to one up him and do it right. Skips over to where we needed to be, we were about to start poisoning food in some secret organizations (?)building. Shit went down, friend got caught and I hid in a closet. I eventually left it and was then dragged along by some agents I had seen earlier to a really weird ruin like place that was somehow a part of the building. There, they declared that this agency had gone down a wrong path, and that they have to oppose it and reform it into something better. Or something. They then decided to go to Scotland where an abandoned castle previously used as the HQ of this organization was(cont)

A seemingly uninhabited world where dark grey earth stretches across the landscape in every direction. All that can be see around and in the distance are cylinder shaped stone pillars that reach into the clouds, the size of skyscrapers. The skies are constantly covered in grey clouds and the booms of thunder can be heard all around while the clouds burst with flashes of lightning. After wandering around for awhile, you find a small wooden cabin. You enter the rickety cabin and find nothing but an elderly woman sitting in the main room in a chair, but without any other furniture. Walking around the house are black cats, or what appear to black cats. By looking at them closer, you can tell their faces are actually small tv screens with static on the monitors. Other than that, they walk around like normal. There are roughly a dozen of them in the house. The woman tells you to enter the conjoining room and inside you see a cellar, which opens to find a staircase leading into a dark corridor. The woman tells you to follow that corridor to take you to your destination.

I had this dream as a young kid and it really stuck with me. I would be honored if something like this could make it into the game.

After that they started to chant a weird and mysterious language while dancing, which caused energy to surround them. This was apparently teleporting to this HQ. Dream ended as I was forcefully brought along with them to this abandoned HQ.

Heya I know that this probably be archive soon but I think you guy should go ask /qa/ for help that place seem decent

I had a dream today where I was walking down the street of a rich neighborhood by the water.
All of the houses were built by an artist. They were all small, white and built like a cube with a flat roof. On top of the houses, they had different looks, like "modern art" style sculptures. Kinda reminded me of alexander calder's stuff, which is weird because his name just popped in my head whike I was typing this out and I hadn't read about him since elementary school.
One of the people I was walking with remarked how stupid these rich fuckers were for spending a few million dollars on a tiny house the size of a living room.
I got to go inside of one and it was really cramped, like one of those weird microhouses (though like I said it was small on the outside too.)