>crowd funded

i don't get it, how did keiji inafune fuck up mighty no.9 so much

Attached: Untitled.png (978x586, 683K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=iKpw8mts_R4
youtube.com/watch?v=KP_i92EVtSk
twitter.com/AnonBabble

It looks cool. Also kamiya said it best. Keiji is a businessman, not developer

didn't he piss money away on shit like hiring insane cunts to do his PR for him?

I got tricked by the word "mecha"

Attached: butwhy.jpg (2000x894, 376K)

its cute

Yeah and it shouldn't be

It's a bit disappointing.
Chibi is fine in comedic context lampooning something, but 9 out of 10 times I'd rather just see the mechas in their cooler, more detailed proportions.

>Draw one sprite
>Rotate the limbs for your animation
This will never not look like shit.

chinese mans are work hard eighteen hour diligent make television game not like japanese wicked mans steal money dishonor ancestors kill self small penis

It does but it needs more work than most devs are willing to put in.
Look at Vanilla Ware games for example.

It is better than Front Mission Gun Hazard aka the epitome of 2D mecha action?

how is gun hazard compared to assault suit valken, i also tried metal warriors but not being able to lock your aim was annoying as fuck

Gun Hazard gives you customisation and more story but it's not as good when it comes to the action and levels. Gunhound came out five years ago, that's a happy medium.

what are THE mecha games and anime? i've always thought mecha were the shit, but haven't actually seen much with em.

Cybernator plays more like an action game, Gun Hazard is more like an action RPG.

The human sprites look really bad. but damn that second trailer got me really excited. Guess I'll give it a go.

Patlabor movies and TV anime

Attached: Patlabor2_.webm (800x432, 1.79M)

How did he rotate his hand 360 degrees?

>theme of Patlabor 2 plays
dam this movie was peak 90's anime

>Tricking people with a .webm that isn't representative of the franchise as a whole
Pre2000animegeneralthreadfags are dishonest as fuck.

He saw an Xbox 360

Game's not bad. I'd say check it out if you're interested in a local mecha party game since I haven't touched the campaign yet. Maybe wait around a bit and see if they update it at all.

Attached: impressions.png (1574x360, 82K)

IGA isn't a developer either and both Bloodstained projects (the Castlevania 3 clone and the SOTN clone) delivered.

Games: Mechassault, Hawken, Ring of Red
Anime: Daimidaler, Cross Ange, Diebuster

I love Cross Ange more to an unhealthy degree but I wouldn't recommend it as a mecha show.

Attached: Cover.jpg (500x500, 118K)

I assume he's just fucking with him.

Personal recommendations to start off with:
Getter Robo
Escaflowne
Gunbuster

Phantom Crash
Zone of Enders 1+2
Armored Core 2 to start with
Any Super Robot War game with a mech you like
Titan Fall 2

Redline, Kamen Rider Kuuga, and Ace Combat if you want shit that's tangentially related to mecha

Attached: 1549699245449.png (375x350, 238K)

niggers never played SRW

I thought Diebuster would make it obvious.

>Kuuga BDs are still not done
>Last update was 8 months ago

Attached: [OZC-Live]Kamen Rider Fourze BD Box E43 'Light and Darkness Twins' [720p].mkv_snapshot_13. (1280x720, 120K)

anime/manga:
Gundam 0080
Gunbuster
Patlabor (both timelines, OVA1+Movie 1+Movie 2 and TV+OVA2)
Giant Robo: The Day the Earth Stood Still
Getter Robo Saga (manga)

for games:
Armored Core series (I find 3 the best one)
Zone of the Enders 1+2
Metal Storm (play the japanese version for a non-casualized stage5 and a rad intro)
Assault Suit Valkens

ahh Titanfall 2 was such an amazing surprise to me, the game even made me cry

no multiplayer? i dont buy crowdfunded games

iga is a magician

in konami he was know as the man who could aways make the game happen UNDER budget and the game ended being great

he is like the ANTI kojima

It's fine, the Level system is bullshit, you can use the money for upgrades after each mission, instead of farming levels as a requirement.

The game is good, a shame Yea Forums can't use more than 2 fingers

> a shame Yea Forums can't use more than 2 fingers
blame your mom

citation needed

>IGA isn't a developer either
He is a programmer you dipshit

Bloodstained ROTN is an Aria of Sorrow clone.

Its SRW inspired you idiot

dont reply to mecha newfags

it's 16.99 and it does have multiplayer. 5 mechs unlocked, 5 more mechs and colors are locked behind progression, you get a new mech at level 2.

MN9 was fucked because the funds put into it were diverted into the Azure Striker Gunvolt games

MIDARA MIDARA MIDARA DAI-MIDALER!

Diebuster was good though. Just not as good as the original, or good in the traditional sense.

proof?

For that price I say it pretty good

Does the game have mod support? So people can use sprites from SRW games in order to make their own robots?

Nothing wrong with Chibi Mecha

Attached: Super Robot Taisen.png (615x705, 93K)

It certainly has a good trailer.

youtube.com/watch?v=iKpw8mts_R4

Honestly impressive.

So what's this game even really like? Is it a gay RPG hybrid or is it a pure action game? Fun/challenging solo?

No doubt about it, these guys are SRW fans thru and through.

How do you take a brand-new studio with 0 funds, and suddenly make two games while having the need for a kickstarter, before the game that you created the kickstarter for funds is made? Obviously the funds were diverted from the kickstarter into paying for the two games that came out first (Mighty Gunvolt, ASG).

Comcept didn't make Gunvolt you fucking idiot

Yeah. I hadn't even heard about the game till I saw this thread, then went looking for trailers and gameplay. Man, it really confirms that vidya trailers always work great when they cut the footage to sync up with the music, and also when the louder game sounds also sync up with the music.

A+ effort on the trailer, got me fucking excited.

>how did keiji inafune fuck up mighty no.9 so much
You'd need a complete fucking breakdown, documentary style, to really get that.

Take a slick action-platformer series that relied on stupidly high production values and try to replicate it with drag n drop level design and programming. Place all your bets on a shooting mechanic and then fail to push it. Fail to push the platforming. Fail to conserve pacing. Fail to have a hook. Fail to justify 2.5d by not making it look shitty and cheap.
Very little design went into that game, seems like they just made it as they went. The design doc could probably be printed on post-it notes. And that's before you get to the general incompetence of the gameplay programming and asset generation.

Inafune may be a businessman first, but a businessman should know what a product worth selling looks like.

literally who gives a fuck, chibi mecha is ugly as piss.

Is there a demo? I don't care how many people say this game is fun, videos of it being played definitely don't look fun.

it looks stupid

But it looks cool, reminds me of Metal Slug just more fast paced which is great.

Linear action platformer game.

>Its SRW inspired you idiot
Their point isn't negated by you saying it's inspired by SRW, so who's the retard now? Sure, it's SRW inspired. It looks DUMB. Eat fat dicks, faggot.

no, right looks cool

your face looks stupid

>I got tricked by the word "mecha"
No, you got exposed.

are you a backer? Thanks for funding their kikestarter so I can shit on this game for free you fucking moron

not buying this game now

>Their point isn't negated by you saying it's inspired by SRW
Yes it is. It's an obviously SRW inspired game using an SRW look right down to using Bone Animation and Chibi-style. This is completely intentional and meant to attract people who are familiar with that game.
user whining about his aesthetic sense isn't even a point, it's just a complaint by someone who isn't the target audience demanding the game not be what it is. How is this reasonable? Do think it's reasonable for people to demand Titanfall to remove the robots and focus entirely on superheroes instead?

I've never donated to a kikestarter. I just like retro games is all.

Attached: 1530711652089.png (500x574, 699K)

Holy fuck. That's actually really damn good, and I wasn't much of a fan of the chibi look.
Can you actually play as something that's not very much like Thunderbolt? How heavy is the customization? Can you change the look of your mecha?
I'll put it on the wishlist because I'm gonna buy my first gunpla in a couple weeks.

Attached: 65cb63dda418e69d38d8ee2125c1b701.png (578x766, 451K)

I guess there can't be a nintendo game without bingbing wahoo, even game about mecha

You're retarded. SRW games are even on PS4.

>PS4
literally who gives a shit, that console is trash

Thanks for bumping the thread I guess.

Attached: 1553817470996.jpg (700x695, 81K)

Barely changes the look, all mecha are chibi.

Attached: lmaos.jpg (438x470, 94K)

thanks, I wanted to talk how shit this game is

damn thats bad
where are the torrent links?

Welp, gonna dodge the bullet then. Wake me up when they decide to implement those modes.

I recognize the game's looks and style beyond the obvious SRW influences, but I wasn't sure what to place it until I did some searching on Steam. This game looks similar to GIGANTIC ARMY and other games of the sort on older consoles, I think on the Genesis.

youtube.com/watch?v=KP_i92EVtSk

So I guess that's what the campaign is going to be like.

yeah, looks like literal copy of gameplay

I'll agree that right looks better but left isnt that bad, could be like fucking SD Gundams man I hate that level of Chibi shit.

Imo the game is stil worth buying for the story mode. The multiplayer modes have some really cool mech but it's only a 4 player brawl so it kind of get old fast.

This game sucks

Gigantic Army mech is slower and has an heavier emphasis on going as fast as possible since the ennemies keep respawning. It's also much less cinematics.

saw too many punches for it to play like gigantic army

if you want another GA style game though check out Armoured Hunter GUNHOUND EX

Oh I'm not trying to disrespect the game by pointing out an inspiration. Rather I find the how certain works are inspired by other interesting. There are very few games that use Giant Robots as a core appeal, so it's easier to trace than others, despite the games that inspired people in the past being chiefly obscure.

I played the game and I just quickly went through video and it's obvious that gameplay is incredibly similar

I guess I'll pirate it and try it out.

They're both 2D shooter with a jetpack but that's about it. It would be like saying Quake and CoD are incredibly similar.

Dude what the fuck is wrong with you? I told you I played the game.
The only difference is that gigantic army mech actually looks like one, without that shitty chibi head.

Gigantic Army and Gunhound both take after Assault Suit Valken and Assault Suit Leynos before that.

Thanks for that, I'll definitely be checking these out too.
I wish mechs became more popular as a niche, but I'll grab what I can of them. Robots are cool.

Having just finished the single player of this game, I'm impressed and it's a fun game. I wish they had done more with the singleplayer, but what's there is solid enough, and i'm satisfied overall.
Admittedly, I'm a huge proponent of sticking robots in any game possible, so maybe i'm biased.

I just played them too and I'm telling you the gameplay only has a passing resemblance. They're just in the same genre like metroidvanias are similar.

Attached: Annotation 2019-06-29 005421.jpg (646x136, 30K)

Fuck off Valve shill. No physical, no buy. I'll pirate it

Did you start arguing with me without even playing the game?
That's hilarious.
But on the topic - gameplay of both games is extremely similar. And I prefer artstyle of Gigantic army over artstyle of Hardcore mecha.

Hows multiplayer

Nah, it's a different guy, I've about 8h on HM. It's just not the same. The mecha handle completly differently. As I said GA mecha is slower, and physic affect your movements more.
It would be like saying GoW is the same as DMC.

>As I said GA mecha is slower, and physic affect your movements more
Good to know, I just bought it.
This thread is like advertisement for GA

>this thread
lol imagine being so insecure about robots that are cool

Both games are good. GA is much more of an arcade game though. You only get healed a fraction of your health at the end of each level and your superweapon ammo doesn't replenish. Your shield can get broken too and it stay this way I believe.

>mecha is slower, and physic affect your movements more
>permanent damage to shields
>only fraction of health at the end of mission and superweapon ammo doesn't replenish
>mech actually looks like a mech
>more of an arcade game
how the fuck did you come to that conclusion dude

Because you have a limited amount of lives to finish the game, die and you have to start all over again.

I see, good

Not him but the fuck? It's built like an arcade game all around, very linear straightforward get-to-the-goal stages with boss fights at the end, no permanent upgrades between runs of any kind, continues, score, 1cc reward, etc. It's also made by developers who mostly make shmups.