I just finished Xenoblade 2 and decided to go back and play the other games in the series starting with Xenogears and...

I just finished Xenoblade 2 and decided to go back and play the other games in the series starting with Xenogears and working my way forward.
After playing for a few minutes, cann any anons give me a quick rundown on what exactly happened in the opening? What was going on? Why was the computer quoting Genesis? Why did it blow up? Why was the ship engine room empty and the phone dangling by the cord? Why did it kill all the evacuees and who is this naked lady that survived it all?
I'm intrigued so far but I have no idea what's going on.

Attached: 2miang.png (477x355, 149K)

play the game and youll find out

That's explained near the end of the game.
Just shut the fuck up and play.

The answers to those questions would spoil the entire game, and likely leave you more confused.

just play 50 hours and itll all make sense

Attached: 1465773367759.jpg (720x713, 69K)

You'll find out in maybe 40 hours

I played xenogears and xenosaga 1. Does xenoblade really have anything to do with these that barely have anything to do with each other?

Without spoiling anything, an error obviously occurred in the ship that caused the captain to make it self destruct.
that is literally all you are supposed to know right know so don't fret about it too much, make sure to read the "Perfect Works" book, but only after beating the entire game as it spoils everything, it ties up a lot of loose ends. Also get ready for elipses up the ass.

eh... there are some nice references such a crystal in 2 looking like the zohar, though that's pretty much it. Also there's a party member in 2 that is an EXACT clone of bart

Legit spoilers so ruin the game at your own risk:
That universe's Earth government created a planetary destruction bioweapon named Deus. Deus became so dangerous that the government tried to get rid of it.
A civilian ship was chosen to transport Deus; the ship in the opening. Deus got loose and started devouring the ship so the captain choose to self-destruct it.
The debris fell into the Xenogears world. Deus survived but his body was almost completely destroyed.
The naked woman in the opening is an artificial human created by Deus to carry his plan.
Deus' plan (and the crux of the story) is having mankind grow and reproduce on that world until the population is big enough to be transformed into a new body for Deus.

That's the gist of it. I may have some details wrong given how I played Xenogears almost Fifteen years ago.

dont spoonfeed him. we dont need people like this playing xenogears

The main character(Fei Long Schlong) had a gun, they had no choice.

Oh come on, it's just a JRPG. Don't pretend it's more than that.
Are you one of those guys who consider Evangelion to be the ultimate work of fiction ever made by human hands?

The ship was carrying a planetary defense system powered by the conduit. It basically realizes that it has godlike powers and thus falsely believes itself to be God hense YE SHALL BE AS GODS. It takes over the ship but the captain self destructs as a last resort. The naked lady is the evil robot's avatar and the main villain of the game trying to restore evil robot to 100% power and conquer the universe.

spoilers, why didn't fei die when elly shot him if I had her equipped with 3 ether doublers

Love that they actually gave him a Bart skin (and Poppi an Emeralda skin) through the DLC. Fuck Square for not letting them add Fei to the game. Nearly everyone was here.

THAT"S THE POINT YOU FUCKING RETARD YOU OBVIOUSLY AREN'T SUPPOSED TO KNOW WHAT'S GOING ON

Too angry to die

>Bart skin
oh shit I did not know about this thanks user

No, pretty sure the woman is the only surviving boy's (Fei descendant) wish for a mother figure after he came into contact with the Zohar modifier. She splits into Miang and Elly later.

All of them have the same starting point. While excavating in Africa mankind discovers a golden monolith made by aliens that acts as a conduit to the 4th dimension and thus can control the laws of reality and produces ether the magic system for the series. Humanity starts messing with it and it blows up in everyone's face leading to sci-fi mecha shenanigans.

They are not directly tied to each other but are all a sort of multimeter revolving on the said monolith.

It's Embercake Zeke. Literally fucking Bart's color scheme

Xenogears and Xenoblade 2 spoilers
is there any reason whyxenogears couldn't be in the same universe as 2 and by extension 1? im pretty sure that pneuma doesn't have infinite energy, so there is no need to assume that the wave existence was present in 2. Before the first humans were born in gears, the zohar was zipping around everywhere, it teleported to what would become earth for the first humans and accelerated life, there is no reason to say that that teleportation couldn't be after it left xenoblade 2's world at the ending. I don't think its that farfetched to say all the games are connected.
Autistic theory over

Attached: thinking.jpg (600x400, 27K)

because monolith doesn't own the rights to xenogears, all they can do is reference it with their own version of the similar themes and concepts

I think Monolith Soft purposefully keeps everything vague and non-committal so fans can come to their own conclusions as to whether or not all or parts of all Xeno- games are connected and how much they're connected so they can keep the dream alive without fearing legal repercussions from Square Enix and Bamco, and because Takahashi loves to make us dream and use our own imagination to fill the gaps.

which is why them using references could be allusion to an implied direct link

Xenosaga hd when. Also who did this?

Attached: WiiU_screenshot_TV_01C4D.jpg (1280x720, 507K)

but if they have the allusions TOO obvious, then it could be infringement, they can't go full blown story reference and just swap names

That's the one part I've always been questionable about. Was she made by the Big Bad, or was she made by the Little Good?

Perfect works explains that there are three mommys, elly, myyah and the System HAWWA. IIRC, the mother is what deus spat out, System Hawwa is also a women, she is the one who created cain and the boys, she also created a duplicate of herself: myyah, and that's the end of the story, but through abel's wish for a mother the wave existence forced the system hawwa to create elly. We can also see the system hawwa's body somewhere in disc 2, why she cloned herself I have no idea

woops i meant to say syste hawwa is what deus spat out, though she is technically a "mother"

>looking like the zohar
It literally is the Zohar. Back of the box on the Siren kit details it was found exactly like the Zohar in Xenosaga and datamined data reveal Aion's core was internally identified as "Zohar".

I was talking about pyra's core crystal
that's more a direct tie-in than an easter egg but the person I was replying to wasn't supposed to know that so I avoided that

>please spoil the game for me

Attached: 1556952083354.jpg (1024x1004, 60K)

what are the odds OP fucked himself over by looking this up before making the thread