If this game can be emulated on a PS4 and Xbone, is it really much of a stretch to put it on PC?

If this game can be emulated on a PS4 and Xbone, is it really much of a stretch to put it on PC?

Attached: Red_Dead_Redemption (1).jpg (284x350, 23K)

When did it get emulated on ps4? It probably wouldn't be that hard since the Xbone is supposed to be basically a pc

N

It will never get emulation support on the playstation the cell is too powerful

Emulation on PC is coming along well if that's what you mean. Game's spaghetti code though, a native port was never planned nor will it happen.

I understand the code is bad, but is it really SO bad? I mean surely it wouldnt be THAT hard to fix?

I actually don't get it how Xbone backward compat works, programming wise. Xbone/PS4/PC architecture is like the same. If they got around to doing it on Xbone to begin with, isn't a lot of the work done? I was hoping 1 would have been remastered to PS4 before 2 came out, but seems like it's never happening at this point. 2 will absolutely come out on PC and you're underage if you disagree, but I can't see 1 ever coming out there either at this point

When RDR was being developed, R* was using an engine that was going through major revision. Because of this, there was a constant need for code revision straight to the last minute before shipping. R* devs talked about how surprised they were that the game ran on anything at all. Knew a guy who worked on the game who said the grind leading up to launch was crazy, had to work weekends and put in 10hr shift pretty regularly. The housers called in their secret weapon Benzies who wasn't even meant to be working on the game to put the fear of god into the team. Shit ran at like 620p 25ish fps on the PS3 and had some of the craziest glitches I've ever seen. If there was to be a pc release it would be remade in RDR2.
Worth it for the insane euphoria physics - which are of course gimped to high-heaven in GTA5 to spare the technical headache.

Its an emulator. Basically when you play a 360 game on the xbone, a program is pretending to be a xbox 360. Now each game has tailored settings or programming so thats why you cant play every 360 game.

Imagine Microsoft has the source code for the X360 so they have a leg up on emulators made by random Joe on the internet, Microsoft knows the inner workings of the 360 so it's easier for them to create an accurate emulator.

Wasn't the code so fucked up they don't even wanna touch it?

ModernVintageGamer had a good breakdown if you want to dig deep but it's just custom emulation for each game basically. It works great.

So....Microsoft has a perfectly working 360 emulator? Is that correct? Could they have it on PC if they wanted?

>visit my parents and stay there for a few days
>take out my old 360 to finally complete the game
>fucking disc is gone
>buy another copy
>time to go
>come back months later
>fucking disc is gone again
I'll never finish this fucking game

>R* devs talked about how surprised they were that the game ran on anything at all.
Thats surprising, because on 360 the game actually runs pretty well. Stable framerate and not many bugs

Perfect, not always. Look at GTA IVs framerate latency issues. Otherwise as good as it gets yes. Also yes they could make one for pc.

Attached: -4htZbfR-h4.jpg (640x640, 30K)

Not perfect, but perfect for games they intentionally support.

The code was basically undocumented, and a spaghetti mess, meaning that trying g to fix bugs is like trying to disarm mines all over a uncharted continent, and your tool has a good chance to blow up when used

>Could they have it on PC if they wanted?
user... i have a feeling the 360/heug emulator is coming to pc and will be interlinked with gamepass

It was designed for 360 first and ported to PS3 second.

What exactly stops you from just taking your 360 with you?

When I said "my" I meant that I use it, but it's actually for my use when I there, it belongs to my father, he bought it so my mother would learn to drive with racing wheel, of course she gave up and he gave it to me, I could take it with me but it feels wrong.

Well shit, just emulate it man.