"haha yeah Planescape is just a book bro play that if you mostly interested in the story"

>"haha yeah Planescape is just a book bro play that if you mostly interested in the story"
>back half of the game is full of dull ass dungeon crawling with shitty combat
Fuck you all and I wanna fuck Annah until she spontaneously combusts.

Attached: It's Torment.jpg (404x502, 41K)

How to best experience the story of Planetscape Torment? Any essays or youtube bros without shitty voices?

have you tried playing the game?

Fuck that, the gameplay is ass.

why are you even interested in isometric rtwp games then? literally the only genre with worse gameplay than that is turn based jrpg

P:T might be the worst of games that are considered classics

Because the story sounds interesting, unlike the majority of jRPGs

Try looking up a written LP

Planescape: Torment is the ultimate "play it for the story" game. I consider it possibly the best story of any RPG, but I can't say I had a ton of fun playing it. It was fun in certain parts though. All the dickish stuff you can do is hilarious. Selling a companion into slavery, killing random people, robbing shops, flat out lying your ass off and taking advantage of people, etc. It has one of the best morality systems of any game, maybe THE best.

Then play the fucking game or shut the fuck you absolute retard.

>gameplay is ass
>after 10 hours realize I can't give a fuck about the story
>Modron
>Motherfucking
>Maze
I tried so hard to like it but it just didn't work.

shit gameplay isn't a reason to play a game

faggot

Get fucked. Gameplay and combat are great in bg and elemental evil and hit peak in iwd. Planescape just has garbage combat and people forget because there wasn't really anything else at the time.

Story good, gameplay garbage.

See No reason to waste time on a game that fails to have good gameplay.

>people forget because there wasn't really anything else at the time.
What?

That shit was released in 1999 before gaming went mainstream and was still a niche hobby for a bunch of faggot like me. The idea of engaging gameplay or even the discussion over gameplay mechanics and story vs gameplay was in its infant stages so it was easy to overlook a game being garbage in many ways except one because 99% of gaming was escapism.

Baldur's Gate games literally have the same combat as Planescape.
You only put BG on a pedestal because muh classes, muh exploration and muh romances.
Otherwise it's the same fucking isometric RTwP garbage.

Play it. I agree the gameplay isn't good but PS:T is an experience that only works in video game form. If it gets too bad lower the difficulty.

The maze wasn't necessary wasn't it? I remember trying to do it because I heard it gives a good party member but I just abandoned it right away.

The first Baldur's Gate may be worse than Planescape, even.

>Planescape: Torment is the ultimate "play it for the story" game
nope

Attached: latest[1].png (844x939, 912K)

Son, we only accept finished games in this thread.

story is finished

>literally the only genre with worse gameplay than that is turn based jrpg
kek you fucking wish

people that bitch about PST being a book are brainlets. At MOST, unless you're a total completionist, there's about as much reading as a small ass ~200 page novel.

There's like 2 or 3 dungeons/areas where you have to use combat. You're unironically just retarded. In a ~30 hour playthrough you might spend like 2-3 hours doing combat.

I love PST, but you're actually retarded if you can't see the difference between BG combat and PST combat. Like, you're incredibly fucking stupid, senpai.

Siege of dragonspear is only 5 dollars on steam right now, granted you need bg1ee.. which is 5 dollars.
I'm really enjoying it.
Just make a character for the dlc and fire up the adventure from bgee.
Tons of fun, very worth it!
I've cheated a little bit to give myself unlimited arrows bullets and darts because that's a pain to manage. to reduce aggravation i suggest you do the same.

Attached: 220px-Baldur's_Gate_Siege_of_Dragonspear_logo.png (220x313, 118K)

>beamdog

Attached: 1551515432186.jpg (927x585, 148K)

Sure but it's GOOD
There's this dark elf sorcerer in it, he's so funny. really enjoy him in my party.

Daily reminder that waifufags are cancer

if i want to get into baldur's gate is it vitally important that I play bg1 before bg2 or does it not matter. is there any qol improvements? is it a direct narrative sequel?

Attached: 1557168416525.png (736x937, 916K)

No, nigger. They're basically the same.
No mental gymnastics of yours can't change that fact.
They're all just bells and whistles in difference.

You are riding the line masterfully , i commend your shitposting skills.

go ahead and play bg2. loot in bg1 is really lame.
dragonspear is good though, play that if you want before bg2. I'm enjoying it right after finishing tob. in fact dragonspear is superior to tob.

Why did sawyer turned out to be a big sjw fag?

He's intelligent.

PST has substantially worse combat. Most of the spells not being real time alone kills it.

>doesn't give a fuck about the story
You're more of an NPC than Nordom

SJWs don't play niche isometric games, peddle your goods to people who will buy it, look at the flop Pillars 2 was.

will i like this game if i love fallout/fallout 2?

No way of telling.

Sure but dumped his wisdom stat.

Play something fun like underrail instead

oldschool text adventures with batshit specific commands would like to have a word with you

will i like this game if i love fallout/fallout 2?
play torment tides of numeria instead. I really liked that one. It's on ea access basic I think, so if you can complete the game in a month, it will cost you only 5 dollars.

if you want a modern bg1 but much better, pick up pillars of eternity 1.

It's another story > gameplay game.
The trick to liking this games is to appreciate the flaws/quirks of the mechanics rather than lament them; it's what gave these old games their character and charm similar to the old AD&D mechanics of the Gold Box & Infinity Engine games.

Icewind dale is the best avellone game

I got this game in a Walmart Value Pack with Scepterra Core.

Both games suck dick.

Have sex

get cultured you child

Attached: zoomer dance.gif (680x498, 224K)

>will i like this game if i love fallout/fallout 2?
ooh there's another good looking game on steam I found. shadowrun dragonfall. 3.74 for lots of gameplay it looks like. imma buy this one.

you're actually just retarded.

good choice

>waifufags
But PS:T dude is bara as fuck

I found Dragonfall and Hong Kong both rather entertaining

Welcome to the grid, wiz

I'm not a zoomer (30 years old), but I played Planescape for the first time last year and it blew my mind how good it was.

I really didn't have any issues with the gameplay, and loved exploring around the world. I've tried other CRPGs after I played planescape and none of them clicked with me like it did from the start. The game has incredible atmosphere and a great story, on top of that great characters.

Also, I always thought it was called "Planetscape Torment" and I always thought it was something science-fiction based and I had no idea it was essentially in the same universe as D&D and is based on that.

>Planescape just has garbage combat and people forget because there wasn't really anything else at the time.
People "forget" because there's a total of 4 compulsory fights in the game. Everything else you can run past or talk your way out of.

I was going to reply but noticed you somehow overlooked iwd and elemental evil so you dgaf, youre just butt hurt I insulted your gamefu.

Well I’ve been warning you for years.

Attached: A52A24FB-7ABB-4884-AF4D-55A482A1FB08.jpg (753x1024, 79K)

30 y o boomer here just got it this sale, thanks for the review

So? They are the same style of game in the same genre but ones combat is less unplayable than the other. Look at tides of nymenera and how hot garbage it's gameplay is compared to original sin. Os developers made a game while nymenera is a glorified soap opera.

BG1 is garbage. Play 2 and tob and if you really want to play one but you won't miss that much.

There's multiple things that should let you well and ignore gameplay. Grab a trainer that lets you drop items in; I think Qwinn's patch adds multiple layers of cheatability at your leisure.

It's a solid read, though the gameplay is pretty drab.

Delete this man

read the old planescape rpg rulebooks and modules. they read like high quality novels. you can find them all in pdf using a google search

So in a game all about your choices and player agency the godawful gameplay forces you out of choices? You know what that's called? Bad design.

What if I want to play a bloodthirsty and callous nameless one? I have to endure through the shit mechanics? Get fucked.

The only good things about pst are sigil, the queen and the overarching story. It would have been better as a book.

this post is the fedora tip of gaming

Attached: tip.jpg (353x334, 19K)

Attached: SHIT.png (1920x1824, 1.09M)

>having bad taste

KotOR2 and Dead Money are right.
Been years since I played Planescape.
Never played Mask of the Betrayer.

>So in a game all about your choices and player agency the godawful gameplay forces you out of choices? You know what that's called? Bad design.
The game doesn't promise that you can talk your way out of everything. You can walk around killing everything, but if you talk then you'll get so much xp thrown at you that you'll stomp through all four fights. Fights which aren't terrible, but serviceable enough.

So why is asking for a reward considered an evil action in this game?
t. never played it but heavily interested

Attached: 13FDD893-2A96-4966-99E3-47F780BA37F7.jpg (1058x850, 264K)

The combat is terrible, don't even kid yourself. The game would be improved immensely with combat removed entirely.

Still the greatest of all time. It will never be surpassed.

Attached: 220px-Baldur's_Gate_box.PNG.png (220x267, 122K)

but it was quickly surpassed by BG2

Wow here I though you where just stupid but as it turns out you are retarded.

>chris avellone bullied me in high school

Attached: Chris Avellone.jpg (657x985, 113K)

t. Emil

Chad avellone

Is there a beginner's guide to this game or something?

I played all these "classic" games a decade ago and I couldn't figure them out.

>turning their gazes away from him because they were told to do this for the picture and they clearly dont like him

Don't trust the skull.

>kitschy Monty Haul campaign
>surpassing anything

Attached: points.jpg (500x695, 67K)

>Playing real time with pause games

That evaluates as false.

Probably THE worst unless you count botw

Trials of the Luremaster SUCKED.

>botw
What?

The legend of Zelda: the breath of the wild, it's a sort of open world action game highly praised for exploration despite being no better in that department than Skyrim but with even worse combat and far far less actual content. Perhaps the worst thing about the game is the extreme weapon degradation, far more severe than even far cry 2

PS:T is literally the worst crpg I've ever played. The combat is shit, the writing is awful and the game itself is boring as fuck. The only good thing is the world design, but that's not enough to redeem it.
I don't see how people can enjoy this piece of shit more than BG1/2 or IWD2; is it just faggots pretending to like it so others will think they have a decent taste or something?

My bad. I got confused and didn't realize you were referring to classics in general instead of from a specific era or style.

You are just salty there are no +1 weed elf scimitars and you do not get to save the world from the evil black wizard.

YESSSS LONG HAVE I SLEPT DREAMSSS OF FLAMESS

start with 18 wisdom but don't put any points into it after that. put exactly one point into charisma. get enough strength so you have exactly 18 at level 7. put everything else into con. you rarely need intelligence and when you do you can just eat cranium rat charms. don't lose the bronze sphere.

Just skip it, PS:T is shit

how to detect a zoomer.jpg
gotta have bright fun cell shaded graphics to keep your attention little man?

Attached: 1500954002335.jpg (539x422, 82K)

Anyone who "hates" PST and shits on it ITT is actually just an idiot who's to stupid to learn AD&D rules and got filtered hard. They take their frustations out in threads like these with posts like "the combat sucks" to hide the truth that they're actually just too dumb to understand simple math.
There is no other explanation. This game is too good, for it to be anything else.

Attached: 1523358919300.jpg (249x249, 20K)

this cutter is based

Holy fucking shit, total Yea Forumsermin. Skipping the original BG? Are you nuts? Or is a low level campaign too hard for you babies? Need more romancing and companions pestering you every five steps?
Absolutely disgusting.

the endless copy+pasted empty forest levels get old really fast.

So I deeply, deeply love PS:T. It's my #1 spot game
Here's my problem. If they start off by telling you literally anything in the game can be a portal key, I go full hoarder and keep everything that ever drops, ever

Do I need a walkthrough to fully enjoy this game or just give up my OCD ways and play through like a normal person

>Casting Sleep on everything in the game other than the 5 enemies you cast Blind on
>Too hard

The only thing you should keep is the bronze sphere.

>PS: T is your favorite game
>You need to be told how to playthrough it
???

No, it's just a shit game. Literally every other classical crpg blows it out of the water.

The gameplay is good, dont know where this meme came from that its garbage. Propably seething zoomers.

Baldur's Gate are overrated games. Whenever there's a PS:T thread, it's people shitting on it.
Whenever it's a BG thread, it's a waifu thread.
Fuck off.

>game that is called good and is actually good is overrated because of a few waifufags
>game 2 that is called the best game of all time, but is shit somehow isn't overrated, it also has waifufags as well

The only way to experience Planescape Torment is to play it. Its a game that heavily relies on your choices and interactivity, thats how you shape the the current incarnation of your character. You basically create your own story, if you just watch someone else play it or read a synopsis you wont get it. Not even mentioning how much of the amazing world building, characters and enviroments that you can explore at your own pace you are going to miss.

As if I haven't played through it several times
My mind is just dizzy with possibilities for all the portals I might have missed

I'll probably just read a guide honestly
Also let's be real, the railroaded ending is a bit lazy, there could have been multiple endings they probably rushed the last 1/5 of the game for release