Now that the dust has been kicked up again, better or worse than Kazooie?

Now that the dust has been kicked up again, better or worse than Kazooie?

Attached: n64_banjo_tooie_p_a5uhjx.jpg (1000x732, 632K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=jSaQOO5dBKA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

worse but I played it more because of the multiplayer

It's not as consistent in quality as Kazooie but it's not too far behind.

Kazooie is great, but Tooie is even better. It's the perfect sequel.

I think it's better. More moves, bigger levels, I liked the inter connectivity between them that added to the world. Not everyone likes the need to backtrack for jiggies, though.

I think one of the few things kazooie did better was a better final boss, but overall, I just like Tooie more.

Fuck, Marry, Kill.
Go.

kill fuck marry

It's a different kind of game. When you "get it" it's a very rewarding and fun game. Banjo-Kazooie is better across the board, though.

Why does Banjo sound so different in Banjo-Tooie compared to Diddy Kong Racing and Banjo-Kazooie? He sounds tired and thirsty.

A 1000 times worse.

Tooie's abundance of crap minigames really kills the experience for me.

Yup, why try talking about other things in the franchise when its better to keep the same topic again and again. They both are fine and have their ups and downs. They are still inferior to Super Mario 64 though.

Worlds are far too big.
I was one the Banjo Tooie boat for a while. Then I picked it up again, and it's just so boring and empty relative to the original.
If the worlds were slightly more compact, it would be nearly perfect.
Still love both, but one is clearly better.

they didn't pitch his voice up, i guess its because he's older? I don't like it, though.

It's better in terms of moves, bosses, and atmosphere
Worse in terms of level design and over-reliance on repetitive minigames

>banjo gets in smash
>decide to finally give a shot at the games
>beat kazooie no problem, really enjoied the game and the music
>start up tooie
>banjo's fucking voice
Please tell me this gets better later in the game this voice is fucking disgusting

Attached: 1a1.png (605x453, 599K)

You get used to it. Notice how much better rolling and swimming feels.

Two years can do a lot to a voice. Most can't even do the voices anymore.
youtube.com/watch?v=jSaQOO5dBKA

it makes me wish there was a mod or something that brought his og voice back.

>atmosphere
Banjo-Kazooie beats Banjo-Tooie in atmosphere. The Witch's Lair has way more personality than the entire Isle o' Hags. The levels themselves are about on par, though.

Isle O' Hags is just uncharacteristically shit for a Banjo series location.

>Kazooie
Better level design, less reliance on tedious backtracking and transformation/character swapping
>Tooie
Way better controls, each level has bosses now, eggs/feathers are easier to stock up on, new moves are fun to use as well

it's really just a matter of personal opinion and preference. both games are fantastic in their own rights, and they both have their own highs and lows

Attached: bailey.gif (426x309, 415K)

Both are equal to me. But Tooie can get annoying with it's backtracking. But the bosses are far more memorable than Kazooie. Both have there pros and cons. But we can all agree both are far better than Nuts and Bolts.

Worse, but still good.

Anyone who says kazooie is better than tooie is a fucking contrarian

Tooie has widescreen mode and is cool

Pretty sure Kazooie being the better of the two is the popular opinion both on Yea Forums and among the rest of the fanbase, so no, not really

>Banjo Kazooie in smash bros mixes and matches voice clips from Kazooie and Tooie

Attached: 1452360808193.jpg (960x896, 62K)

thankfully, it looks like only his jab has Tooie sound effects. It's mostly his Kazooie voice.

First time I played these games back to back was like eight years ago, I liked Tooie better. Then I ended up falling prey to all the "Tooie's levels are too big, backtracking is tedious, there's too much to do" talk and thinking Kazooie was naturally better.
Then I replayed them back to back this year and I like Tooie way more again, it's even been catapulted to being one of my favorite games ever.
They're both amazing games full of great stuff and being a dick about whichever is "objectively superior" is stupid, but if you think Terrydactyland is too big you're a goddamn moron who gets lost in his own house, yeah not all the doors are clearly marked but you can remember what goes where unless you're a friggin' goldfish man.

Attached: talon trot.png (310x294, 37K)

Terrydactyland isn't big. It's just boring, mostly because everything is empty to allow the giant T-Rex to walk around.

today i will remind them

Attached: tooieohno.png (1754x751, 231K)

Attached: anti-tooiefags.jpg (2408x1490, 395K)

It's not like Banjos entire voice library was redone. The only new clips in Tooie are his jumps and the summersault. Everything else is recycled from Kazooie.

The main area where you can walk the t-rex around is about as content-dense as the area around the big tree in Click-Clock Wood. The real stuff is up the tree or up the mountain, everybody knows that.

terry is just a shit world in general
it deserves all the hate grunty industries gets

>grunty industries
>nothing but kino
have sex

you mean anything but
also I meant it deserves to shoulder the hate grunty industries gets. that one is actually a good level, unlike terry

Objectively better. Kazooie beats it in every way in Spiral Mountain, Mumbo's Mountain, Treasure Trove Cove, Freezezy Peaks, and Click Clock Wood. Is ok in Gobi's Desert and Rusty Bucket Bay but comes to a screeching halt for fun in everything else.

The game does get better later on but the first two levels are really bad to sell the sequel.

Mayahem Temple was great, but yeah Glitter Gulch Mine is a slog.

Grunty Industries is bleh.

>Not liking Glitter Gulch and Industries
Get filtered casual

>actually implying that GGM is in any way difficult

Doesn't matter, both Banjo games are shit collectathons with dated design elements and tedious gameplay that only appeals to chubby 90's millenials.

People bash Kazooie too much. Yes, it has its flaws, but you have to at least accept that it was an amazing tech demo that paved the foundation for what would become Tooie. You have to appreciate the contribution it made, despite its (admittedly glaring) flaws.

I bet you're one of those scrubs who unironically thinks Canary Mary is difficult.

Attached: 1543101711749.jpg (640x569, 34K)

I went back and replayed both. Maybe it was just fatigue towards the end but I didn't enjoy Tooie as much as Kazooie. They're still both fantastic, but the simplicity of the OG just appealed to me a lot more.

Oh, spare me the bullshit. You Tooie fags always start this alt-right concern trolling dogwhistle bullshit. Just be a real person and express your honest opinion, 'kay?

Banjo Kazooie has a richer atmosphere, but is less fun in moment to moment gameplay.

Are you kidding? The obvious choice is to fuck kazooie and marry banjo

oh no lmao
look at this dude...

Honestly Kazooie's collectibles fucking piss me off. They're 2D and it's impossible to gauge exactly where they are in 3D space.

Even fucking speedrunners who eat sleep and breath the game manage to miss notes on the ground in speedruns I've watched.

wrong. tooie is less fun because so much time is spent walking in overhuge worlds.

>keep hearing how bullshit canary mary is
>she kicks my ass in cloud cuckooland during the second race
>find out you just have to be neck and neck with her until the end
It really isn't that hard, her ai is just bullsjit

based
cringe

It’s music is god tier though

It’s nearly impossible in the XBLA version because the N64 version depended on hardware limitations

I'm convinced only fat people actually enjoy this franchise.

seems that you're projecting, fat ass.

maxpleb

Worse. Many of the gameplay improvements and new moves were fine, but I didn't like how Notes and ammo collectibles changed. The FPS sections really ruined the flow of the levels, and some of them were just big for the sake of being big (Glitter Gulch comes to mind, so many dead space).

Rent free

Based
Cringe

stevey stevey cope and seethey
been so assblasted he can never leavey

Dilate

Kalemale mad that Steve was raped in the sweltering summer heat of 2019.

Never

Its on par, kazooie is a better experience in a one through because every level can be beat without coming back.

Tooie has you backtrack through the levels to experience new parts not bad tooie is also a larger package a more realized BK experience.

they are equal.

It's pedantic, but you need the Divebomb thing for a Note in Gobi Valley and you need the Running Shoes for the second race against Boogy. You *have* to either return to Freezezy after Gobi or Gobi after Freezezy, although the latter will require you replay the level because the pyramid also has notes inside.

Most people also use the running shoes against Mr. Vile, and Gruntilda's lair also involves a good amount of backtracking too

>actually pretending anyone gives a shit about Grunty's Revenge

>Needing the Running Shoes to beat Mr Vile

Attached: maybe I got one more badass spear in me.png (1112x645, 805K)

Stop samefagging.

Banjo-Kazooie when you're a kid and Banjo-Tooie when you're like 12.

i havent played it yet, im gonna beat the first once first

Problem with tooie is all the fucking downtime. Here's a single example of tooie "game design":

>Find a mumbo pad
>Go to mumbos hut
>Go to the pad from mumbos hut
>Press A
>Go back to mumbos hut
>Go back to where the pad was for whatever the fuck it did

Such a fucking grind. Playable mumbo is garbage and does nothing outside padding out the game.

I agree, mumbo felt unnecessary, I wouldve preferred just having an icon saying you have mumbo and him appearing to do his "mumbo jumbo"

I don't mind Tooie but I prefer Kazooie due to how it plays closer to SM64

Attached: Bk_spell.jpg (580x540, 59K)

Use the warp pads

Nearly every single mumbo pad is within a couple seconds of one

The problem he has is with Mumbo as a mechanic at all, not that it takes like half a minute to do everything necessary to do as Mumbo in each world.

Your post pretty much entirely focusing on Mumbo taking up too much time.

His spells can be boring, but they're really not time consuming outside of the Triceratops bullshit

>get 84 notes in mad monster mansion
>die because of having to walk across tiny boards in the church
Double nigger I wanna go back to the desert level

>he doesn't beak buster before hitting the ground