Advance Wars thread

AW Thread

Attached: bf69625275a784d4263b02e873319b11.gif (480x320, 934K)

Other urls found in this thread:

gbatemp.net/download/advance-wars-days-of-ruin-co-editor.4439/>468463128
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

le power of money maymay

In order for Advance Wars to come back, they'd have to innovate again.
Days of Ruins had to innovate by cutting the fat off the mechanic/complexity creep people had a problem with from AW1 -> 2 -> 3 and having the CO unit/zone system, veterancy and the refined damage calculator/base formula
What would you do Yea Forums? Besides just adding more COs, units and terrains of course

More waifus

it just needs better marketing.
DoR perfected the gameplay

that too

Attached: tabitha.jpg (355x809, 92K)

4-man wars
bonuses and penalties based on who you decide to team up with, share bases and funds

Attachments,

You can take a unit that is at 5 and combine with one at 5 as well for a full 10.

I think a campaign with a branching story could be interesting so you would end up playing different missions depending on your choices and it wouldn't change the core gameplay at all.
Coop campaigns or even a campaign editor would be cool too, that's one of the few good things about Wargroove. I think a coop campaign would be a lot of fun, especially if both people have a limited selection of units so there's more of a reason to play together rather than just playing alongside one another.
I don't know how great of an idea this is, but I've been playing with a "manpower" mechanic when thinking of what I'd do if I were to make an AW-similar game. Basic principle would be that you had a 2nd currency "manpower" so if you buy more units, you spend both money and manpower. Units have different manpower requirements and manpower could be a limited resource per map, every city you take gives you X manpower but it doesn't replenish every turn like money does. Idea behind it was that at one point players are going to run out of manpower, leaving them with either no more production or maybe only units that don't require manpower (which are in turn extremely bad) so there would be some urgency to fighting fast instead of amassing critical mass which drags the battle out longer than it needs to.

>You can take a unit that is at 5 and combine with one at 5 as well for a full 10
What? Isn't combining units already a thing though?

Attached: 427456338ce687037b094c616430640d.jpg (510x600, 23K)

cant you already do that? iirc it can lead to ridiculous strats from COs like Sensei who can spawn armies under the right conditions

Not really.

IDS are OP as fuck in DoR. Penny wrecks other players, Tabithas CO zone is literally a I WIN field. Caluder is a piece of shit with no counter on mid/large maps.

>Better mapmaker and being able to make custom campaigns, war room and puzzle maps in addition to versus mode maps
>Better online lobbies. One for casual anything goes matches and one for competitive ranked ruleset matches.
>bring back field training to seperate tutorial from campaign
bring back war room and allow co-op maps and 1-turn puzzle maps
>Campaign for each team that has different routes like Advance Wars 1 and endings. Throw in an option to freely play individual maps rather than the entire thing too like DoR did
>Risk/Civ styled Conquest/Overworld mode where you pick a team and manage the country
A start, DoR already perfected the gameplay but it lacked modes besides versus and occasionally replaying campaign maps for a higher rank

Bring back Sturm as a playable CO
Make it cartooney and fun

Anyone ever used the CO editor Xenesis made? gbatemp.net/download/advance-wars-days-of-ruin-co-editor.4439/>468463128
>Caulder
Banned online and was never intended to be balance
>Tabitha
Classic noobtrap that can't influence positioning because she has no zone range until she kills three units. Easily zoned out by indirect units or teching to a higher tier. I'll admit she's stupid good on Fog or Naval maps.
>Penny
She literally has no bonuses and has to depend on RNG for her CO power. The only good one is sandstorm for the attack debuff her enemies get

meant for

Calder is supposed to be overpowered but tabitha and penny are not overpowered at all; tabitha's co unit is strong but only affects a single unit unless it's fed kills and penny's units are just weak. If anything isabella is the strongest.
But what is great about DoR is that the COs really affect your strategic approach, whereas the tactics in the earlier games were very samey.

how about formations or specific powers activated based on positioning (like more power if 3 or 4+ more infantry are near each other)?
otherwise id just go with a bigger campaign mode that changes based on story choices

I loved these games. Is there anything else following their formula?

I just finished my first campaign run of AW1.
Is Sami worse than Andy and Max or am I just a scrub?

Wargroove

*obligatory wargroove sucks post*

Sami is used exclusively by whatever the AW equivalent of tourneyfags is. Andy isn't phenomenal just because AW is balanced around COs making the most out of their specialized units and jacks tend to lose out as a result. Max was hilariously overpowered in the campaign mode of the first two games, so they had to make him irrelevant in DS to compensate.

AW1 Max > Sami > Andy
Everygame after Sami > Max > Andy
Infantry/Mechs are the bread and butter of your army and being one of the few people to buff them helps especially with her powers being movement focused

You could try Advance Wars by Web which is an online simulator
Wargroove and Tiny Metal are spiritual successors (Tiny Metal is getting a sequel/major patch)

Yeah, until you have enough income to start pumping out Md tanks and A-airs with the occasional rocket.