Since it's the steam scammer sale, I've been shilling BallisticNG in recommendation threads...

Since it's the steam scammer sale, I've been shilling BallisticNG in recommendation threads. I only found out it existed yesterday but this shit is hot fire for people that like WipEout style racers.

£4 for a fully fledged (official, plenty more are downloadable) campaign, customizable physics and controls (original vs HD onwards), workshop compatible and track editor? Blows my mind how more people aren't playing this.

Where my zero-G nerds at?

Attached: BallbagNG.jpg (1280x720, 96K)

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=716644104
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=718777181
youtube.com/watch?v=pQqHTttWBlk
youtube.com/watch?v=2gE9Id2fSx0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Been thinking about getting this for a long time. But every time i see any footage its just in a fuckin tube, dodging pillars.
Its better than that?

Its good but you're a dumb nigger if you just found out about it I played it like 6 years ago. Redout is a better wipeout clone anyway

>Weapons
Im out

Haven't played Redout but I've heard that plays more like F-Zero x WipEout. What does it do better?

I got it for free when it was a beta, Love the art style, Maps are good, wepons etc. It's a fantastic Wipeout clone with mods

Attached: 473770_screenshots_20190505103506_1.jpg (3840x2160, 1.21M)

All I can say is that it feels just like a natural extension of the PS1/N64 WipEout games, in both music and tracks. Tube pillar dodging isn't this game, at least from what I've played.

Redout just plain better.
Simple as.

Play in races that don't use them then

Although they're enforced in the official campaign, I'm sure there are campaigns with them disabled. On top of that, you can turn them off for any custom/tournaments you make, plus one of the ships doesn't even allow their use. All things said, weapons are a part of WipEout games so if you don't like them then they're probably not for you.

Isn't it supposed to be open source and free?
What a bunch of scammers lol

Attached: D7DA5E62335346678EBCEF9043DE718A.jpg (678x960, 84K)

It was free for ages like said, I think they started charging due to the increased workload. There's a new (free) expansion coming next month, if that sweetens the deal.

Attached: zen my ass.jpg (1920x963, 573K)

I'm all for WipEout successors/clones so let me know why Redout is better and I'll pick that up too!

Attached: low ri da.jpg (1920x1080, 383K)

Redout has shit tracks and is overly flashy

It's even getting a free update next month too if you weren't aware

t. fellow shill who bought that shit

Also, what's the deal with the game Formula Fusion (now called Pacer)? I read that it got initially shitty reviews but since then they've pulled it from sale for redesign. Seems a shame that it's bad as it includes both the audio and track designers from the original WipEout games.

Hope I was someone that recommended it to you, I think the only real thing it's lacking is a multiplayer lobby based system.

Shit, I didn't know Pacer was just rebranded FF. Was looking forward to something new.

Just picked this up.
I'm still trying to wrap myself around the controls, I've never played a Wipeout style game before, so its airbraking is a brand new mechanic to me.

I never played it, I was just doing some autistic checking of 'which game is best'.
Did you play it? I think it's still available in the libraries of people that bought it as FF.

Yeah my first WipEout game was HD, and for the official campaign the original WipEout physics are enforced so I've had to get used to it also. Feels way floatier, but going back to custom games with 2280 physics feels strange now that I've got accustomed to it.

After the first stage of the campaign you'll need to get used to pitching your ship to the angle of the track too, or it'll grind as you go up sharp inclines.

Few more fluff shots. I really like the PS1 era graphics that they've managed to capture.

Attached: chute.png (900x506, 742K)

Attached: Hype.jpg (1280x720, 126K)

It also has VR and cockpit views

Can't believe I forgot this. I guess most people don't have VR, but it has perfect compatibility due to a glass walled cockpit view.. That said, I bet I'd spew almost immediately from VR cockpit.

RedOut's been scratching that zero-G itch for me the last few years, it's good. Don't know this one....

Well it's £4 and I think the only thing really lacking is a big community presence (though the community is active as heck on discord etc), so I'm just wanting it to grow. It's a 3 person team so it's got me right in the feels.

It costs practically nothing and one major advantage it has over Redout is mods

Yeah from what I've read there are a ton of custom campaigns floating around to really test the best players.

Attached: SPEED.jpg (680x382, 32K)

The fuck are you talking about? The game has pretty much every kind of turn possible, there's tracks that are mostly hairpins and good varied ones like the one in the webm

Attached: bng - pr002.webm (480x360, 2.48M)

What speed is that? It's being handled so much more fluid than I could ever imagine.
I am only just about managing apex, however.

It really isn't, in comparison to BNG it has very bland flat tracks in terms of layout and simple handling. Strafing has fucking terrible feedback, and the game's like controlling a bar of soap sliding along the tracks so much that taking more difficult turns at high speed without bumping is literally impossible.

You're thinking of Ballistics.
OP is talking about BallisticNG.
Those are two unrelated games, even if both are future racers with an old game aestethic.

I wish I could enjoy this game.. its too fast for me and makes me sick but looks great in VR at the same time

Zen, the game starts out hard but eventually the steering and air brakes click together and even hyperspeed zen starts feeling slow

Attached: ballisticng16.webm (640x360, 2.28M)

Don't know about VR, but did you try maxing out the FOV? That usually does the trick

Only need precission tracks, 50 laps in time trials and 100 races with a custom machine to perfect the game.
I want to punch whoever thought that last one would be a good idea for an achievement.

Yeah I've just 100%ed the first campaign block, level 45 survival mode on the 2nd track (forget the name) was super tricky for me. Blew up literally the next corner after hitting 45, several attempts in.

Press pitch up more, it helps a lot in subtle ways. If you have it binded to stick rebind it to somewhere where it doesn't interfere with the steering.

Marina Rush can suck my goddamn fucking dick.

If this is in the game I'm buying it right now

Full Steam workshop support, my dude.

I just found how useful this is (or at least how much more useful than I first thought) in the 2nd block, as going up a sharp incline from a sharp decline causes grinding and huge deceleration.

I looked and I can't find it

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=716644104

been around since it was free, haven't really played it since it went paid. probably should start it up again along with finally getting around to playing the ps1 wipeout games.

Attached: F A S T.webm (640x360, 2.72M)

Thanks lad, love the art style

The creator has a whole bunch of similar looking ships
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=718777181

Attached: lanebird.jpg (1920x1080, 968K)

It's way more useful than just that, it changes the ship's angle in such a way that collisions with walls become more forgiving, making you more likely to scrape along the wall rather than hit it. And of course it helps you jump which is useful. Once you reach higher speeds in survival mode holding it down can help a lot

Attached: bng - cassandra.webm (480x360, 2.02M)

This + redout is my greatest AG medicine since studio liverpool got axed, the only thing they couldn't possibly match wipeout games in is the licensed music

Well that's just silly speed.

It's so strange,why is it that none of these games are as cool as F-Zero GX? What is it that's missing?

The same goes for WaveRace... I haven't found a game that comes close to it.

Attached: 1535898003836.gif (400x400, 2.94M)

It's a different feel to F-Zero, I find. F-Zero is far less about handling of the ship in terms of pitch/angle into and out of corners. From what I've heard, Redout is more F-Zero-ey compared to most other AG racers.

If you added it to your library when it was free do you have access to the paid version? I played it back when it didn't have much content but now that Omega is on PS4 I can't really justify paying for it.

Also F-Zero GX had some really fuckin cool level design that I've not seen replicated. Sand worms jumping out the desert and shit.

F-Zero's GX is about abusing the broken physics and glitches. Redout feels a bit more like the 2D F-Zero games

Yes, I have it for free

I've heard that was the case. Look it up on the store, you probably have a "it's in your library" message, though I'm not 100%.

Thanks lads

Redout fucking sucks becase banging into walls is faster than driving cleanly.

Yeah, there's something I noticed about these futuristics Anti-gravity racers... they all use techno/eletronic music, but most of the musics are so uninspired... F-zero has a really good OST.

I really want BNG to bring in custom music support. I imagine it's only a matter of time.

I fucking love this game
i would love if I could play this with Yea Forums like RoR and stuff
GET IN HERE

Attached: Fast.webm (1280x722, 2.92M)

Attached: ballisticNG_Dover.webm (711x400, 2.99M)

Oh shit it's happening.
What speed? I'm trash.

Lmao the old Wipeout games literally use music from what was essentially the 90s equivalent of art punk, like the entire series is based on a very specific aesthetic, get out of here with your "uninspired"

DIDNT YOU HEAR ME???
I SAID
GET IN HERE

Attached: spurdo_sparde_vector_by_kevinino_d6ehtjk-fullview.png (1173x859, 357K)

whatever speed people vote for in game

>old Wipeout
wow user

I'm talking about anything 6th gen and up.

Also, only Wipeout is something compared to F-Zero.

Extreme G was very uninspired.

>techno, dnb, idm, etc. by hugely influential 90s electronic musicians is "uninspired"
>their poor knockoffs and butt rock in F Zero is inspired
The state of nintendo sois

youtube.com/watch?v=pQqHTttWBlk

Timing out boi

Really? You're going to complain about the music in the futuristic racing genre?
youtube.com/watch?v=2gE9Id2fSx0

It's been a thing for years, just drop some mp3s into the custom music folder and enable it in the options

BNG is based on 5th gen though.

Yes queen

Yeah just realized my port forward was for an outdated address
try this

We must go faster

Attached: hs drag.webm (480x360, 1.97M)

good job op you made me buy it

>72.201.123.218
>11100
IT WORKS
IT WORKS
IT WORKS

G E T I N H E R E

Attached: 1560390526989.png (600x448, 159K)

Good shit son, now get in 's lobby.

Yea I never really used alternate soundtracks, but it was pretty good in wipeout hd. It sort of went with the flow. It's pretty cool, you should try.

It's pretty much the best Wipeout game (so the best game in the genre ever made)
Really glad this happened because we can't trust SNOY to make another one.

how much did you train for this

> I don't know how to read

ANY NEWCOMERS GET IN

Even F-Zero GX, which has a pretty cool OST, is not that great and can get pretty dated because it's eletronic music style.

i bought this the other day because someone shilled it earlier this week. it was probably you. i played 3 minutes of it and refunded. that shit is basic and runs like a ps2 game. Redout has all the style and polish that's great about Wipeout

>eletronic music
>dated
lol

You a ninten kid

GUYS GET THE FUCK IN THIS SERVER BEFORE IT DISAPPEARS

Must suck being that much of a shallow fag, so many great games with dated/bad graphics you'll never get to enjoy

Hell fucking yes, I remember the Wipeout 3 track with the hot air balloons on Phantom let you do this going straight through the map and over tunnels shit if you were good enough.

I currently have 69 hours in this game according to Steam.
That particular track at that particular speed actually only took me three tries according to my footage. First attempt was like 2 seconds too slow, second attempt I fucked up the first turn on the track for no reason and immediately restarted, third attempt got me platinum.
Don't know how many countless times I ran the track before that. I did play every track successfully in every other mode, most importantly Survival(alias Zone mode) before touching Barracuda trials. So I knew shit by heart at that point.
Still, that particular day I was on a complete tear. Finished almost all the Barracuda challenges on that one day.

post em

Attached: 20190323195554_1.jpg (1920x1080, 188K)

Nice.
You probably clocked thousand hours in other wipeouts though. I played them a shitton too but I always though Zen was close to impossible no matter how much I train
That or I'm my boomer reflexes failed me..

Get in this thread, got 4 racing currently.

Attached: 20190326174423_1.jpg (1920x1080, 174K)

>Have this for free in my steam library
>See that it costs money now
So did I get it for free??

Seems that way my guy. Get it reinstalled.

If you got it back when it was free the yes you do have it.

Show a jet ski game that's as cool as Waverace.

Nice!

Attached: amaama thumbs up.png (927x712, 816K)

The real question is if you really would give a fuck about it if it wasn't a Nintendo game/exclusive.

i'm not a grahicsfag at all. the game just didn't feel right. graphics certainly didn't help.

It's honestly one of the best value for money games out there right now they could easily charge more and I'd still have bought it.

3 SPOTS STILL OPEN

Attached: 1551050202753.jpg (680x493, 31K)

Attached: you are sad.gif (500x279, 453K)

Stop it user. You're trying too hard to bait.

>mfw i got quake live free that way

Attached: Capture.jpg (287x424, 17K)

I feel the same way.

The art is not really there...

please tell me this game has an Xtreme G mod that lets you ride rocket-powered motorbikes at supersonic speeds

Attached: 1520714667316.jpg (576x665, 50K)

5 RACERS IN, ALL SKILL LEVELS
You fucks just cost me a fast start

Honestly, everyone know the answer, that's my he won't admit it.

There's definitely motorbike models, not sure about physics adjustments though,

>people actually complaining about the graphics
w e w

Yeah BallisticNG is super good. It has the physics from WipEout 3, 2097 or 64? and HD to play with which is cool too.

Don't know about thousands of hours. I did finish Wipeout 2 and 3 before, in terms of Wipeouts. But I never really played them much beyond just completing the games. I did play almost every other future racer under the sun and probably have an ungodly amount of hours in GX, though...

I do know the issue you're having, though and it's not neccessarily reflex based.
You're trying to see something coming up and thinking up a solution as to how to approach it. That doesn't work at higher speeds as your brain is too slow and the solution you consciously come up with are often imperfect and your hands don't know how to put that into practice.

What you need to realize is that with a bit of practice, you don't need to see the corner coming up, you already know it will, without even thinking about it. And then you also don't need to think of the proper trajectory to go through. After going through it enough, you already actually know the motor skills required to get through most turns.

The actual challenge of being good at Wipeout at high speeds in my book is to getting yourself to stop thinking. Playing the game purely on muscle memory and instinct is ultimately the key to victory.
Stare blankly at the screen, let your subconscious gather the visual data it needs and occupy your conscious mind with the sound of your fingers tapping on the right buttons automatically.
"The zone" is what they call it around these parts.

Attached: 1520319201890.gif (500x269, 1.16M)

SOON!

Attached: a.png (1018x1235, 110K)

Ehm....
I used to play this game a few years ago, get bored because it was on a very early stage, with a lot of problem on the control side of things.
I remember this game was FREE...SO WERE THE FUCK IS THE FREE VERSION NOW ??

I HAVE THIS GAME IN MY ACCOUNT BUT I CAN'T INSTALL IT, JUST BUY IT.
AND IF I TRY TO BUY IT, STEAM TELLS ME I ALLREADY OWN THE GAME, AND TO DOWNLOAD IT.

WTF IS THIS BULLSHIT ?

I'M NOT GONNA PAY FOR THIS JEWGAME.

or if at least some of you have a spare key or shits like that, or even a solution to my fucking loop on steam

Attached: 1548739896240.png (1171x1551, 3.78M)

Attached: Cheevo.png (339x205, 74K)

Seems strange that you're having that issue as 2 other anons in the thread have tried it free a while back and have been able to get the game back for free. Maybe something dumb like restarting steam or using the browser store?

There should be a play/install button on the steam store page seperate from the buy button.
The game is acting weirdly ever since they changed it from free to pricey. As soon as I uninstall it, it vanishes from my library. But I can still install it from the store page and it shows up again in my library. Shit's pretty fucked.

Well, at least it's not only me.
Ty buds, I gonna try the reboot shit and see what's happen

Should also say there is unlockable alt skins/styles for cheevo hunters.

It nails the physics and track design of ps1 Wipeout so it really is just the graphics

Anyone who didn't joined the server missed out. That was fun as hell, anons on Yea Forums need to do those again.

It's a game of timing not reflexes, all you have to do is understand how your ship reacts to your inputs and then anticipate everything. It's just a matter of familiarity and muscle memory which takes time to build up, imo the best way to learn is to just jump right into Zen and play until you stop hitting every wall, force your brain and fingers to adapt.

Yeah thanks guys. OP here, had to drop out due to my low skill but was great fun.

>July 30
soon bros
>more liveries
>more tracks
>more events

Attached: neon nights.png (339x438, 228K)

Should be reiterated that this is free DLC for whoever owns the game.

Anyone who thought I was good
i tried playing against the official discord guys once...
fuck

So who want's to make a server when that releases?

One of the devs played wipeout omega collection back around it day it was releasedz holy shit he was good.

I'll be sure to bring a new thread up when it releases.

Attached: hyperlad.jpg (1920x1080, 430K)

>July
WHAT fuck I swear it was June before

god hyperion is so aesthetic

The devs really grabbed the aesthetic of the OG wipeout ships

>a NEET and his gang btfo snoy owned pro studio
To top it off even the ost's better than soulless overproduced wub wub shit

I never got a chance to play any WipEout games after HD Fury, did it go to shit? The default physics feel super strange to me, like the ships actually have weight now, but I'm getting used to it.

Nah I'm exaggerating, they're still very good games but they can't touch the handling, music and atmosphere of the ps1 games. The new handling feels too grippy and simple, there's only so much a side shift can do to compensate for how simplified air brakes and pitching are, and I've always despised the roll mechanic.

I think this feeling is shared by most players of BNG, at least in the lobby we just played & from the discord. I was the only person I saw barrel rolling off of jumps

Not just players, the main dev kept saying how he wants to remove the 2280 mode, that's why it went from an option selectable in the custom race options to being buried in the cheats menu. Lots of people apparently got BNG and just played 2280 mode exclusively kek

I'll admit that as a HD player, I was wondering if I could enforce 2280 at first. After playing it a bit though it feels good, more risk/reward.