Juncihi Masuda has issue a statement

pokemon.com/us/a-message-for-pokemon-video-game-fans/

Thank you to all of our fans for caring so deeply about Pokémon. Recently, I shared the news that some Pokémon cannot be transferred to Pokémon Sword and Pokémon Shield. I've read all your comments and appreciate your love and passion for Pokémon.

Just like all of you, we are passionate about Pokémon and each and every one of them is very important to us. After so many years of developing the Pokémon video games, this was a very difficult decision for me. I'd like to make one thing clear: even if a specific Pokémon is not available in Pokémon Sword and Pokémon Shield, that does not mean it will not appear in future games.

The world of Pokémon continues to evolve. The Galar region offers new Pokémon to encounter, Trainers to battle, and adventures to embark on. We are pouring our hearts into these games, and we hope you will look forward to joining us on this new journey.

June 28, 2019

Junichi Masuda

Attached: Junichi_Masuda.png (269x395, 243K)

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/18242314
soranews24.com/2019/06/24/uniqlo-pokemon-t-shirts-sell-out-in-japan-customers-swoon-over-gorgeous-designs-in-real-life/
m.imgur.com/BeWaxXr
gamingbolt.com/pokemon-2019-confirmed-to-be-gen-8-will-be-made-for-longtime-fans-instead-of-series-newcomers
youtube.com/watch?v=y-ehEPadPZQ
youtube.com/watch?v=FbQfZadiSjk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Imagine being older than 13 and giving a fuck about this.

Attached: 8FB266C3-5DF0-49B6-A19A-CE5DA964D6F9.jpg (419x556, 45K)

>Lol maybe next time fuckface
what a non-apology
please explain why you can't import some 3ds models mr. slanteye

It's not a non-apology, it's a confirmation of what everyone who isn't retarded already knows; a Pokemon not being in Sword & Shield doesn't mean it's gone forever.

I think Game Freak just hates developing Pokemon
They just want to do their fun indie games like Pulseman, Drill Dozer, Tembo, etc

>"We're too lazy. No."

Imagine being a Pokémon fan in the year 2019

"Purisu buy our next gemu you stupid fucking gaijin goy"
Imagine giving a fuck about Pokemon in 2019

Attached: bd2.png (1745x800, 1.45M)

i find very amusing that the Pokemon Franchise is full of actual autist retards that can create 3d models and animation and would to it for FREE just to be part of the pokemon creation.

Maybe is a Union thing that you cannot get to work your fanbase to cut corners in your game.

imagine if we asked Bandai to put every single Digimon in their games too. Would they do it?

P L E A S E U N D E R S T A N D
L
E
A
S
E
U
N
D
E
R
S
T
A
N
D

Is that the text for his tombstone?
Even has the date of passing

Given that the teams that worked on their games in the past always tried to put in as many as they could possibly in their limited time, yeah.
Although they may cut some for lore reasons or some shit.

SwSh are gonna suck ass. Pokemon hasnt been good since the DS days.

Its very hard to make the game... I hope players don't get their expectations too high

It means it's gone for all of Gen 8 which could be Sword and Shield, the third game and possibly a remake.

This is what happens when you foster an autistic fan base.

>We heard your complaints, and we don’t give a shit.

based gamefreak, they know people will buy it anyway.

>literally just wait to drop $60 for the new games goy- i mean gaijin

how is that a statement?

Attached: 1551583744893.png (359x340, 118K)

I do wonder what it would take to kill a god. I don't believe this will do it, but a flesh wound is still something. We know now that it can bleed.

They literally said that going forward, they're only including Pokemon that fit the theme of the region. They're already decided that this will be the norm, they aren't going back on it.

>forget to pay for your annual pokemon bank
>All of your pokemon dissappear since you can't transfer them into newer game
Thanks Masuda

Honestly I never bring/brought all of my old Pokemon from game to game so the Galar dex thing isn't an issue for me. I just think this new game looks like lazy shit. They have a whole new system and yet it somehow looks worse than the DS/3DS games and even that new mobile game that was just announced. 23 years and this shit hasn't budged an inch on any of the new hardware.

This message is meant exclusively for Pokemon VIDEO GAME fans

Attached: 1561759590808.png (609x585, 367K)

This will be the best selling pokemon game in the franchise.

PROFIT MARGINS IN THE GRAVE TOOOONIGHT

Attached: 1561142238005.jpg (794x750, 141K)

I mean I guess them saying saying they cannot or are not planning on bringing old Dex pokemon over and then maybe adding them later is better than promising to add them and then failing to do so.

Still think it's dumb as hell they're struggling with this but whatever

Bait

That’s not really a good explanation of why they decided to model BIG pokemon (which barely offer any level of interest or value) over upgrading the Sun and Moon models (which were explicitly over detailed for the 3DS specifically so Game Freak wouldn’t have to remodel all the pokemon in the HD generation).
This is a non apology because it doesn’t actually explain the reasoning for the decision, it’s just a way to tell older fans to shut up.
The issue with Masuda’s approach to pokemon is he’s trying to have his cake and eat it too.
When you add older pokemon back into the game, you’re implicitly making an appeal to older fans. But when you make a large new generation and shit, you’re making an appeal to younger fans who don’t have the same emotional attachment to previous gens
So the insulting bit is they’re trying to do both but really going half asses with the older fans since they’re taking them for granted.
Either make a game that’s just for kids or make a game for the core fan base. Stop trying to do both, you’re not competent enough for it Masuda

No, because Digimon isn’t a franchise built on collecting all digimon, it’s built on building a strong but small team that you focus on.

imagine acting like this over fucking pokemon

Doubtful
It doesn’t have nearly the install base to do that

>muh old pokemon fans

in almost every pokemon game every non regional dex mon is accessible, the issue here is that they didnt want to create 800 "new" models

>Recreate
That would be too much for GF.

pris understando

But again, the weird thing is that they overproduced the models from the 3DS era specifically so they’d be HD compatible
The real issue is they wasted time making new models for existing pokemon for that dynamax garbage

You don't know what profit margin means.

I think this is a good change. Enough with this 8 billion pokemon bullshit.

Yea Forums, what is your favorite pokemon type?

strawpoll.me/18242314

>mfw forgot to renew my pokemon bank subscription
15 years down the drain

Attached: 1560893309327.gif (480x480, 669K)

Can't nintendo just get someone else to make the pokemon games? Or does game freak have part ownership?

>gone for all of Gen 8
source nigger
If anything it would be incentive for the third game

>modelling BIG pokemon
dynamax pokemon are literally just the normal model resized

No one said they were gone forever. The issue is they're gone from SS, and if/when they bring them back in the next game, it will be a new set of pokemon gone. The issue is any pokemon missing in any game.

I wish Masuda hit this level of "fuck you, I'm driving the car" sooner. Caving to fan demand after they bitched about Gen V is why things are as bad as they are now.

They actually talked about how they plan to release a story game with ever digimon ever acessable

Believe it or not, GameFreak programmed the system in 4 separate instances instead of just one when it comes to resize.

Drop what you're doing and go check right now. I've heard that sometimes they don't delete right away. Bank came out in February, so assuming you've been renewing once a year, that means you're only four months out of date. Also you may want to set alarms on your phone for renewing in the future.

that's literally impossible

It won't even outsell LGPE. Normies usually buy one game per system. They aren't going to buy SS. Meanwhile the actual fans who skipped LGPE (and they did, LGPE sold 10M vs XY or SM's 16M) are going to skip SS now that we know for sure that there isn't going to be a change from this terrible idea.

That's actually because Japan let LGEP rot. Like it's one of the worst selling Pokemon games in the region.

To do what, drive it into a telephone pole immediately after? Masuda is one of the cancers killing the franchise.

You can say it sold like shit compared to another game, but that's still 10 fucking million.

fuck this shit

Attached: mechanic.webm (854x480, 2.65M)

Investors don't even like steady profit, they want growth. What do you think their reaction to decreasing sales will be?

Imagine not giving a fuck that a bunch of lazy nips make millions for doing shit work.

Dismantle game freak?

This.
>our sales dropped 37% with the most recent games
This isn't what you tell investors or your boss if you want to make the argument you're doing a good job.

Hopefully.

If you are an adult and care this much about not having every single fucking pokemon, you need help. Its not a big deal.

Attached: 1493922322113.png (241x255, 113K)

/vp/ is going full-blown meltdown. Check the catalog.

Don't reply to weak bait.

>I'd like to make one thing clear: even if a specific Pokémon is not available in Pokémon Sword and Pokémon Shield, that does not mean it will not appear in future games.

Literally the only thing this could mean that is in any way acceptable is "We'll fix it in Pokémon Gun"

Even then, S&S should be boycotted. If people spread the news about this shit being trash everywhere and harass ecelebs to talk about it, it may actually impact sales. Even if it's a small drop, it's worth giving them a boot up the ass to start fixing their shit.

But then again this is the series that took 4 generations to get its combat working the way it was supposed to.

>Pokemon hasnt been good since the DS days.
Even that's a stretch. It hasn't been good since Gen 4.

Wait, they delete accounts?
Fuck.

HGSS and BW2 were good as fucc.

Yep, at random. Some people get months of freely stored Pokemon, others only a few days, but if you stop paying your Pokemon are deleted eventually.

no thanks

I've never played pokemon besides the first games. I thought every generation had a new set of pokemon? They've really kept every single pokemon ever made until now? How many fucking pokemon do you need?

>this was a very difficult decision for me
Yeah, he actually had to consider doing his job

/vp/ nuclear meltdown

Attached: firefox_2019-06-29_02-32-38.jpg (1843x910, 1.02M)

The pokemon cut out would have been unironically fine if the game looked and played well. The problem however is that it still reuses animations and assets and they all look like shit

This is coming to the same system that got us BOTW from fucking 2017

Nintendo has no reason to trust anyone else with Pokemon if they're still flying off the shelves. Nothing outside of a massive flop would get them to reconsider, but 30-something soibois will run this series into the ground because they need their electric corgi.

Masuda really needs to stop showing his ugly face during presentations or videos. Whenever he appears he always spouts whatever bullshit that's on his mind. That man is PR death incarnated.

Go and check it, as far as I know it has been a while since they stopped deleting expired accounts. Mine expired since November of last year and all of my Pokemon are still around, and I checked just last week. Still, I don't expect it will be the same case with Home.

Just wait for the shit storm when the anime has an episode with a pokemon not in the game.

If bandai gave a shit and give them more than a shoestring budget we'd get everyone

>3 anons making the ame thread is a meltdown

I saw the discord, nobody cares you man children

>discord

You're not helping your case.

>animation students showing "if you dont like it then make your own game" that they can make better animations in a days work than billion dollar company

fucking beautiful
when can we genocide so,yfaggots

probably one guy posting these. Happens all the time on /bant/

lmao this guy

> Jesus that's bad I wonder how /vp/ is taking this
> Me when opening /vp/
Jesus they are MAD.

Attached: 7IhLWMh.gif (345x352, 2.26M)

Because he is no apologising idiot, he is just telling people in a "polite" way that Game Freak isn't going to add the national dex to Sword and Shield.

Certain digimon can't exist in certain games literally because of lore.

My statement still stands.

They may still be a thing in the trading card if you care about.

Nobody has ever suggested that they're deleting Pokemon forever. People are only talking about half the Dex being gone in Sword and Shield, especially with TPC pushing a paid service explicitly for the purpose of moving Pokemon to SwSh, long before telling everybody that half the Dex won't be in it, making it a borderline scam.

>tfw im saving an insane amount of money skipping these games due to the switch and online fees and waht not

thanks gamefreak!

We don't know how much of the dex is gone.

wow, it's fucking nothing

So? If you paid money for a service to transfer even one Pokemon to SwSh and it turns out it's not available in the game, it's trapped in pugatory until GF decides you can use it again.
How is that defensible?

Maybe Pokémon being a media giant was a mistake. Fuck TPC and fuck Ishihara

I can't fathom a reason why they can't get every pokemon in the game, in a cartridge with like 1000 times the room handhelds had. What are they putting in the game to fill up the space?

>Nintendo snitch
Act like your savior etika and off yourselves nintenbabies

Isn't this franchise like 80+ billion? how the fuck is this game this much of a shitshow quality?

Attached: 1525496184545.png (344x366, 120K)

he basically said stfu and eat shit

Gamefreak is lazy, incompetent, unwilling to expand, and unwilling to ask other companies for help, but they own a third of Pokemon so unless ninty wants to drop larg sums to buy it back they get to do basically whatever they want with the mainline games

Because they know people will buy it anyway. TPC is raking in millions from GO, and soon from Masters. The mainline games are now a footnote, and it will still sell very well. They just don't care anymore. TPC won't pressure GameFreak because they will make a profit anyway. Nintendo won't pressure GameFreak because Pokémon will still be a system seller for many casuals. So GameFreak just does the bare minimum, and still sells millions.

which one of you did that?

Attached: maractus.png (1780x583, 124K)

inb4 he's so upset by that comment, Maractus is one of the mons not available in SS

Attached: 1537244980048.png (1000x1000, 819K)

So you can't make assumption brat. Watch your tone.

What assumptions am I making? They're cutting Pokemon. If you paid money for Home and your Pokemon got cut, you're getting scammed. What's hard to understand about this?

You don't lose your shit if you don't renew your account. I didn't pay shit since X and Y came out up until last month that I pirated Ultra Moon and everything was still there.

The amount that is being cutting out half of the dex, when the amount could more or less than hafl.

The exact number of cut Pokemon is irrelevant to the argument I am making.
And besides, I highly doubt that they're only cutting 20 pokemon or whatever. It has to at least be 200-300, probably more. They wouldn't make a big deal out of it if it was a tiny amount of them.

Why would that matter when it comes to transferring?

The quality would be inconsistent, the work is almost always subpar, and these types of people are not only shit for giving feedback but just to “work” with in general.

T. Art Director

>always tried to put in as many as they could possibly in their limited time, yeah.
Because that’s certainly not what Pokémon company was doing, mm hmm. Autist.

Because they’d have to put in an insane amount of work to support any extra individual Pokémon for the minuscule fraction of players who may want to use that Pokémon again.

they dont give a shit to maingames anymore, pokemon GO is making more money and Pokemon masters will be a success too

Why? They have the models and animations

Have sex you fucking incel
Gamefreak doesn't owe you anything, you're still gonna buy the game whether you want to or not, everybody that keeps shitting on it will eventually buy the game
Pokemon doesn't need you cynical bitter cunts that only wanna bring down the franchise, the games are as good as they've ever been and just continue improving, but you're too busy with your rose-tinted glasses that you fail to see the objective improvements to the game's mechanics only because your irrelevant bunch of shitmons that only five people combined care about isn't gonna be available from the start of the game
You disgust me, you don't deserve to play videogames, fuck off

>Sakurai: Everone is here plus dreams come true DLC pickw
>Masuda: Haha...I really don't know.

I've reached my limit with the pokemom series.

Attached: Marie why.jpg (1440x1440, 398K)

mobile games are the future in pokemon

Attached: saupload_14934712-14934100572161777_origin.jpg (750x500, 31K)

Yikes, I didn't even think about this.

>insane amount of work
Not if they were any good at the structure of the game itself. Every thing I hear about gamefreak makes me think they don't understand OOP

It’s never as simple as plugging them in. They always make at least marginal improvements in a Pokémon’s presentation across the board. Having a model is only one tiny part of implementing something like this, and you’re never going to get a Japanese company (or any big game company, really) to explain step-by-step just how much work is involved only to *attempt* to pacify autists who are up in Arms about this “problem”

What this guy said

like hell they wasted more than a couple of hundred bucks developing the game

Pokemon is vidya, it's allowed here.

Everyone is here only happened because they were able to use everything they made for Smash 4 As a backbone for Ultimate. It’ll never happen again.

>every thing I hear about gamefreak
Yeah, from spergs speculating on the Internet.

i've never played a pokeman game in my life but I enjoy marveling at how fucking lazy these people are. He's sitting on a gold mine and just continues to push out lazy crap. must be nice.

>scamco
that's barely a step up from these clowns

It's almost like Ultimate had to sacrifice a bunch of shit to accomodate its absurd roster, by having less new stages than any previous game, less new modes than any previous game, and for its existing modes to more heavily reuse the base content as opposed to have its own assets.

It's almost like when you pour so much resources into one aspect, such as having an exceptionally large number of options for characters in a fighting game or creatures in a creature collecting game, it becomes impossible for that scope to continue increasing without having to pull back elsewhere to accomodate.

It's almost like literally every video game ever is like this. Apparently Pokemon should be different though?

Attached: 1458918565173.jpg (1280x720, 107K)

>/vp/ got hotpocked if you talk shit about Masuda
lol

>Everyone is here only happened because they were able to use everything they made for Smash 4 As a backbone for Ultimate

They said they cut Pokémon to improve animations. Sword and shield are using the same damn animations and models dating back to Pokémon XY with no visible improvements beyond textures. Your point?

Attached: DFA021F2-74A5-408C-A397-E89225593797.png (941x930, 980K)

Pokemon should just become gacha trash forever but with all Pokemon, it's crumbling underneath its own weight. There won't be any more good games.

They reused many assets between Melee, Brawl and 4 as well. Not sure if they fixed this glitch, but if you hold certain items as Wolf in Ultimate he uses his idle animation straight from Brawl which heavily suggests they used his Brawl version as a base instead of building from the ground up.
IIRC 64>Melee did not reuse anything apart from voice clips, which is pretty impressive considering the difference in content between the two.

Shhhh user. Let them be mad about things they have little understanding of.

Attached: 60BF9792-30E4-4DA0-A312-556431F5C627.jpg (2048x2048, 1.09M)

There literally is not enough switches sold to match RBGY, on top of that fact that not even LGPE got this much hate.

This. The fact that a National Dex has been in every single recent pokemon game as of late, and is just absent in the most recent game is baffling.

>there’s all these things that seem to be the same so there certainly isn’t anything else that they had to put time into
Stay mad about nothing

Attached: 77451F9F-76FF-4260-9C61-40FA2BFC9FC8.jpg (400x533, 61K)

Except Smash is a fighting game and a lot of consideration has to be given to how fighters interact specifically. Pokemon is just numbers. Even hobbyists can code a battle simulator, as evidenced by Showdown.

Smash5 is not a port, all models are new.

>90 billion dollar franchise
>games alone make 17 billion dollars in revenue
>literally makes more money than Star Wars, Spiderman, the Marvel Cinematic Universe, Mario, and Harry Potter
>game is barely a step-up in production values (N64-tier graphics and trees, animations are basically the same)
>game is barely a step-up in concept (it's the same shit as usual, go to gyms and gets badges, can't even go to gyms in different order, can't even have your pokemon follow you, only difference now is that we have BIG pokemon now)
>can't even catch em all anymore, which was its main marketing slogan
>pokebank, a paid service you could use to save your pokemon, is basically obsolete now
Why do people still buy and play Pokemon games, again?

Attached: 1446921083475.png (554x439, 132K)

>tfw I can make a team of digimon that are literally just directional signs
Can’t wait

it's happening.. first pokemon go and pokemon master now

Generation 7 did not have the national dex, but the missing Pokémon were still available through transfer. Sword and Shield are going a step further by not including data for them at all.

Yeah but Gamefreak just cuts shit without ever really adding anything to make up for it. They're just regressive hacks.

The fact that Pokémon could be the easiest and most successful gachashit with nothing but a still illustration of a Pokémon, yet isn’t, should give you retards enough of an indication that they care.

the only reason LGPE didn't get much hate was because MUH 2019 POKEMON WILL BE BETTER

Now we know its fucking worse

horrible post. it's not just that pokémon are being removed, it's that they're doing nothing to justify it. the models already exist, despite being a media giant the current game just looks like an upscaled 3ds games, there's no signs of them stopping their trend of having next to 0 postgame content despite having it in the games pre-3ds, the animation quality is still abysmal... but you already knew this and you're probably just baiting I hope

>GUYS DONT WORRY THE GAME AFTER LETS GO WILL BE GOOD
>GUYS DONT WORRY THE GAME AFTER SWORD AND SHIELD WILL BE GOOD

Accept your franchise is dying and that gamefreak is inept.

Attached: 1429999197024.png (650x681, 367K)

the slogan is just in the west

Simply because there's nothing else like it on the market so it has no competition

And dropped, way too many good quality games to waste my time on this shit. I'll come back when either they they actually apply themselves.

its not dying thats the problem, i wish

I don't even think this would be a problem if gamefreak hasn't explicitly made having a shit ton of pokemon a series feature (to the point of having multiple paid services and games solely to manage this shit). Nobody got this upset when monster x is missing from a digimon or monster rancher game.

I still don't know how the fuck they can't manage it with pokemon being the biggest media franchise in the world. Like, it's shitty but if they cut the models to make the holidays and they fully intended to port everything that would be ok, but there's no fucking excuse to permanently leave them out.

You do realize all GameFreak has to do is just copy and paste the data/models from SM, since they are identical?

Or how about the fact that we are not even getting features to make up for the cut Pokemon?
Like Jesus fucking Christ, they made walking animations for 800+ Pokemon in USUM, only used 151 of them and made 2 more, and now there isn’t even following Pokemon despite LGPE existing.
You genuinely have to intentionally look away to defend this shit.

Gamefreats hates patches because they know they charge people 60 bucks for the ULTRA versions a year or two later

Last 3 Pokemon games have sold around 15-16 million and will not go any higher.

all the redditfags are mad about it even tho its the best thing to ever happen to pokemon. finally we will be rid of the insane amount of hacked bullshit pokemon. they are literal retards and its insane how hard they are hating on this. it sold me on the game.

There is plenty of games like it and unironically the recent batch of challengers (Yokai Watch, Digimon, World of Final Fantasy and Monster Hunter Stories) are all objectively better than the Gen 7 pokemon games in nearly every way. The sole exception is with the high monster count and they are going to even trash that.

Please don’t lie on the internet

>tfw fuck ton of gen 2-5 romhacks exist
>more and more impressive fangames are being created
Honestly I feel like the official series is going to be good for new pokemon and little else, fans are the ones now making the really great stuff.

Attached: 14614445_p0.jpg (700x595, 240K)

Do you think they literally just copy/paste the code and it suddenly works with new lighting and texture filtering and everything exactly how they want?

Yes, they can use the same models and basic information to a degree. That doesn't mean no work is involved in that.

It's a nonstatement because that was obvious. Nobody is saying that isn't a possibility. People are calling them out on their lazy bullshit and the lack of national dex will not be accepted in any way shape or form. He, the apologists, GameFreak, Nintendo, can all get fucked for this shitshow. His statement means nothing. The project is laughable. Their excuses asinine and contradictory to what we know and see. Nothing outside of them adding the national dex will make anyone with sense happy.

>lazy
Do you actually not know how many pokemon are in this game? How much work it would take to model them for every new title?

Considering that they add new mons with each region cost and time of production would increase exponentially unless they stop making games which they won't. At some point there had to be a cutoff, or making new pokemon games would take way too much time and money. So rather than do it when it gets out of hand they're doing it now so we can get used to it. It sucks to see the national dex go but you guys are whining about it way too fucking much

Attached: 1509783713767.png (394x523, 204K)

>all the people ITT defending the largest multimedia franchise in the world for being lazy hacks
>hurrr you're just gonna buy it anyway
don't ask questions just consume product and then get excited for next products

You can bet your ass online will still be swarming with hacked shit, the Switch is already broken wide open and you can still transfer Pokémon that are part of the Galar dex.
I probably would be less salty about this if it would mean another hackless golden age like early XY but it ain't happening this time.

It will never die. The Pokemon Company makes far more money off of merchandise than they actually do the games. They’ve just been using the games as glorified advertising. I mean they’re selling fucking shirts for a hundred dollars a piece.

>Do you actually not know how many pokemon are in this game? How much work it would take to model them for every new title?
THEY HAVE THE FUCKING MODELS. THE SAME FUCKING MODELS FOR YEARS, BUT THEY DECIDED NOT TO RE-USE IT BECAUSE THEY'RE FUCKING BEYOND LAZY

SAME ANIMATIONS, SAME FUCKING TEXTURE. HOW ARE YOU THIS RETARDED?

Attached: 1463259828406.jpg (630x630, 75K)

>Nintendo

I highly doubt they want any part of this mess. Even Nintendo know how patches and updates work.

>How much work it would take to model them for every new title?

They've been reuseing the same models since 2013

You add nothing to the discussion by simply saying "stop defending it". Discuss the subject, don't just tell people to stop having opinions you disagree with.

And stop spouting memes you god damn fucking sheep.

They future-proofed over 800 models since X/Y what the fuck are you talking about "new models"?

Pokemon is living, breathing proof that capitalism does not reward based on merit. All of the games ALWAYS have the BARE MINIMUM level of effort and money needed to squirm its way to the next generation

>Yea Forumsirgins defending this
I know this place has Nintendo's cock lodged in their throats but come on now

this japan buy every pokemon merch, they are the reason pokemon is shit too and the mobile games look this cringe crap from japan

soranews24.com/2019/06/24/uniqlo-pokemon-t-shirts-sell-out-in-japan-customers-swoon-over-gorgeous-designs-in-real-life/

>Do you think they literally just copy/paste the code and it suddenly works with new lighting and texture filtering and everything exactly how they want?
Now that you mention mention it, it would be too competent for GameFreak to have functions that apply to all Pokemon. It is more obvious they would do all that stuff by hand like the retarded code monkeys they are.

But just because GameFreak is bad at management and coding, does not mean this shit is acceptable.

See other comments blowing you the fuck out, with the additional information that THEY DIDN'T EVEN MAKE THE MODELS THEMSELVES, THEY FARMED OUT THE WORK TO ANOTHER STUDIO

I’m not a collect fag, but my issue is if I ran a certain team for the past 2-3 generations that I wanted to update or try in a new (and potentially the best) online Pokémon experience, and then being told that my team may not come back. There’s no reason for me to play the game then. The battle scene will be stale within a year because they limited themselves.

why is japan so cringe holy shit

>How much work it would take to model them for every new title?

How many times do people have to repeat themselves? They have been using the same models since XY, they've been porting every single model and animation since then, all the way to the Switch. USUM even proved every single one of them has both walking and running animations and let's not even forget Amie/Refresh. They only have to work on the new Pokemon.

You imbeciles always come to these threads talking shit and only end looking like absolute retards.

>model
They already future proofed a good bit of Pokemon with gen 7. If you really think models of all goddamn things is what's keeping them out instead of TPC trying to gauge people by paying for Home/Bank for longer than just simply transfering their mons and being done with it, you're an idiot. On top of this SwSh look like garbage on top of cutting pokemon. I hope they constantly get bitched at over this nonstop on all their media outlets until they either fire Masuda or slap him so bad he apologizes so hard his great grandkids commit suduko.

Anyone who accepts all Pokemon not being the center point of a mainline Pokemon game are morons. They should try and push the games and franchise to be better. Not go backwards for asinine features and excuses that nobody cares about or buys into.

>it would be too competent for GameFreak to have functions that apply to all Pokemon.
They do. If you think those functions can magically shit out what you get as a finished product then you're a fucking idiot and anyone who has worked on a AAA game will laugh at you.

I don’t think it’s fair to lump gen 3, 4, and 5 with the mess that comes after them.

>Although they may cut some for lore reasons or some shit.
Galar is in a different nation, ergo outside old national dex. There's your "lore reasons or some shit."

Yeah but they don't have the same community backing them

What makes Pokemon is its multiplayer component

gen 5 is a mess everything past gen 2

>imagine being old and making works of fiction
Why don't you get a real job and act like a real man user?

This post can actually get you permabanned on /vp/. What a fucking retard. Probably has S&M pre-ordered

Attached: 1463114385817.png (264x314, 166K)

>all they had to do was copy the file into SS and it would work and look like it belongs in the game!!!!!
Please stop sperging about things you clearly don’t know about

>Level 5 and bandai namco put more effort into yokai watch and digimon than ever before
>Both sell for shit in comparison to pokemon because of brand loyalty.

Attached: 1440118852471.png (1876x954, 1.47M)

At some point they're going to need to remake 800+ pokemon models once again when there's new hardware to use and rather than wait for that they're just doing the cutoff now. It's not laziness its planning ahead

Also there's game balance to think about. The more pokemon you add the more you have to worry about how they affect other mons, and since game freak seems to actually somewhat care about competitive pokemon they have to worry about that stuff as well

Attached: 1514481917172.jpg (500x667, 42K)

says the nigger that didn't even know they've been re-using assets since X/Y

Fucking leave

Attached: 1560054754193.jpg (540x359, 56K)

I'm going to replay Platinum and White 2 instead

Attached: Ampharos 6.png (270x301, 102K)

>they care
>most good Pokemon games weren't even made by GF
what did he mean by this

they are shit too, they cut monster digimon.. thre change the battle system every time and the monster desings more edgy and gitrls with boobs pfhahha no wonder they sell like shit

Jesus fucking christ you are retarded.
THE PURPOSE OF FUNCTIONS IN CODE IS SO THAT YOU CAN ALWAYS CALL THEM BACK WHENEVER YOU NEED THEM IN THE CODE.
IF YOUR CODE HAS IT SO EACH FUNCTION CAN NOT BE USED UNIVERSALLY, THEN IT DOES NOT SERVE ITS PURPOSE PROPERLY.

For years Gamefreak has sold the idea that you'd always be able to transfer your pokemon from one game to the next through the online bank from the 3ds era going forward, so that's really just a massive dick in the ass for everyone with any attachment to certain pokemon they've used through multiple games.

Really its 1/2 Gamefreak being lazy fucks and 1/2 thinking they're geniuses because they can slowly reintroduce all these cut pokemon and features and use em as easy bait for sells while at the same time not having to make so many new pokemon or new features.

Attached: XltSJ8L.png (1438x1867, 3.44M)

>brand loyalty
they sell for shit because the monster designs are ass.

yanma is shit

>actually doubling down on your retardation
I'm done with you. All I can say is Gen 7 is proof balance can happen with that much pokemon, but even then, Pokemon was never hard and I can guarantee you S&M will be braindead easy just like LGPE

Can't believe you're doing it for free

Attached: 1462404370989.png (199x254, 112K)

FPBP. Pokemon should have ended with Crystal

Fuck off

>Also there's game balance to think about. The more pokemon you add the more you have to worry about how they affect other mons, and since game freak seems to actually somewhat care about competitive pokemon they have to worry about that stuff as well

The only way I'd accept that argument is if, in the incredibly small chance it happens, they actually do a complete rehaul of the Pokemon that will be featured in the game. I mean stats redistribution, BST buffing, old Pokemon with updated types, moveset changes, etc. I don't want yet another Gen 7 where almost every single new Pokemon was borderline useless because of fucked up stats except for their Tapus and UBs, I don't want to see another Butterfree for the nth time with the same stats that will only be there to serve as fodder. They need to actually rebalance the whole Pokedex.

Attached: 1522995616169.png (355x369, 80K)

People they are literally the same models and animations. Of course people will complain about their shit when they outright remove Pokémon and make no meaningful improvements

Maybe someone can make a webm or even a gif of this comparison vid
m.imgur.com/BeWaxXr

Attached: 1509950644460.gif (248x248, 55K)

>anyone who has worked on a AAA game will laugh at you.
I can attest to this. All this fervor is just a bunch of misinformed idiots screeching. Very entertaining though.

They won't fix a thing in the next game. They will make you pay to transfer the pokemon from sword and shield and cut those from the sequel. You don't think they would make a previous installment obsolete or inferior, did you? Just buy them both for your favorite pokemon goy

>S&M
Wasn't that gen 7?

Ah yes, I forgot about the brilliant designs of sword and shield, such as corgi and discount sif.

>At some point they're going to need to remake 800+ pokemon models once again when there's new hardware to use and rather than wait for that they're just doing the cutoff now. It's not laziness its planning ahead
This would be a great argument if Gamefreak was some indie developer that made obscure games.

The thing is though, they're not. Pokemon's profit is on another level, it is a literal billion dollar franchise.

Explain how come fucking Scamco can model 500 digimons with a budget of a six pack of beer then

Most of the work was already done. In both of these situations actually. What don't you insipid fucks understand about this?
the only thing you understand is how gook cock tastes.

Fuck me I was seething so much I typed that instead of S&S. I'm going for a walk, Fuck this

Attached: 1463113492133.jpg (599x456, 24K)

what, do you want me to put on a tripcode?
there's my argument, but as you can see it's the same points that are always brought up anyway. it's just that it's unbelievable that people are perfectly fine with the minimum effort maximum profit direction Pokémon has been taking since gen 6.
>And stop spouting memes you god damn fucking sheep.
HAH

all of the models were future-proofed, they all fit into a 3ds game, but you expect us to believe it can't be done on switch?
even if you buy their excuses, what have they added to justify cutting all those pokemon? dynamax is the laziest gimmick ever, the graphics and animations are still terrible, the meta will be even more centralized, and the postgame will be shittier than ever without the national dex.

I would be okay with them removing Pokemon if they were actually overhauling combat mechanics or graphics.
But they aren't. We just got Pokemon Amie 3.0 and Giga Nigga mode.

Reusing models (if that even is the case) doesn’t mean they automatically work. It’s only one minor step in the process

Imagine being over 13 and caring about videogames at all

That was the highest lazy point for me, i could endure even the cut dex, but not that. Aloha and megas were already lazy as fuck design, but they at least could make your favorite pokemon look good and play good, but this shit? THIS SHIT?

cyber sleuth sold way better than bamco expected in the west. i'm calling it now, the next digimon story game will be digimon's persona 5 moment - but even bigger, since unlike persona, digimon also already has the nostalgia and brand recognition in the west thanks to the anime.

At this point, what's the difference between CoD fans and Pokemon fans?

Attached: 1546355363_1521322425_1446043358695.gif (250x236, 945K)

Meme magic at it's finest

Attached: memes n shit.png (428x252, 72K)

>it is a literal billion dollar franchise.
try 90 billion.

Cod actually looks good on current hardware

CoD fans can still get all the guns

if the actual good games in the series couldn't outsell gen 1, this trash certainly won't.

CoD at the very least changes models and some animations. Fucking MW Reboot's on a new engine now

Memorable villains

DELETE THIS

LMAO

Attached: 1528878111581.png (800x600, 30K)

>Accept your franchise is dying and that gamefreak is inept.
Pokemon GO makes far more money than the mainline games and there is also the merchandise.
With masters being Battle Frontier with every trainer for phones it will make even more money for the TPC
it will happen what happened with SMT. where it got over shadowed by its spin-off called persona

Monster Hunter and Final Fantasy have the community numbers to compete with pokemon though. It's just that the support in the spin offs varies heavily.

gamingbolt.com/pokemon-2019-confirmed-to-be-gen-8-will-be-made-for-longtime-fans-instead-of-series-newcomers

>When Pokemon Let’s GO Pikachu and Let’s GO Eevee were announced, there were some long time fans of the series that felt betrayed- the series has already been tending towards easier games aimed at newcomers for a few years now, leading to the simplification of a lot of the games’ nuance, and now here was another game aimed entirely at introducing new fans to the franchise.

>To placate these fans, Nintendo, Game Freak, and The Pokemon Company confirmed that a new Pokemon game would be coming next year- which is good news, yes, but without information on what the game might be, or what it may be like, it’s hard to hold on to it for hope or hype, right?

>Well, now we finally have information on what we should be expecting from these new games. Speaking to Japanese publication Famitsu (via Serebii), The Pokémon Company CEO, Tsunekazu Ishihara confirmed the new game will contain many new Pokemon- which means a new generation. Further (via Nintendo Everything), he added that the games will have far better graphics than any Pokemon game before them, and that, rather than being aimed as entry points for new fans, they will be aimed at long time experienced fans of the series- which, finally, should give some relief to long term Pokemon fans who were worried about ongoing casualization of the franchise.

basically nothing, except CoD at least improves the graphics and animations from game to game

but that's the thing, they only cave to fan demand when people are asking them to stop putting in effort and be less ambitious. that's why genwunners are catered to while real fans are told to please understand.

Done. This will get plenty of use.

Attached: Gen 8 animations.webm (960x540, 2.65M)

What went wrong?

>Just buy them both for your favorite pokemon goy

Nah senpai. I got off the Pokémon train after Gen 3 and didn't buy a new game until US&M because I saw the postgame was a sendoff for the handheld generation.

I actually liked the look of Gen 8 and was thinking about getting it until the bullshit with the roster and animations came out and now it's a hard nope from me.

SMT is better anyways so I'll just wait patiently until 5 comes out.

Attached: wow it's fucking nothing.jpg (290x350, 30K)

>he didn't back up his pokemon with homebrew

CoD fans have actual standards. They like gun porn and demand it is the prettiest gun porn money can buy.

Proof?

>remake
Nigger they're just going to modify their existing models. The ones that they DIDN'T EVEN FUCKING MAKE. The pokedex 3D team made it for them. Moreover, this excuse is even shittier for excluding them from the current game that still uses the same models.

the PR speak is real

prease understandu, it takes 50% of the budget to smoothen 100 of them

>Also there's game balance to think about.

Limiting the 'dex fucks with the balance more than keeping them all.

The meta of Gen 8 will be entirely defined by the pseudo-legendary, legendaries, and the 1-5 other 'mons with niches.

If there was the whole 'dex available, you could use other 'mons to counter pick in ways the regional 'dex won't let you.

Also fun fact, the models were already this smooth. They just looked jagged on 3DS resolution. The obscene polygon count is what made the games run like shit.

Attached: 1511722089821.png (1101x917, 489K)

they were lying. like they always do

PREASE UNDERSTANDU

>be gamefreak
>never actually try to make a good game because the IP carries it
>try even less each time to see how little you get away with
>finally cross the line
>nintento excuses you anyways

fuck gamefreak man
Yea Forums its time we make the pokemon game weve always wanted

Attached: 1553682222444.jpg (1275x1855, 259K)

Pokemon Sage is dead in the water, surprising no one.

>he actually fell for the cloud storage meme
Absolute madman

Attached: 13BAF971-D815-4F24-B737-21C3B9B2B831.jpg (4032x3024, 1.66M)

the demos were promising
I knew it was too good to be true

Attached: 1555600766371.jpg (1280x1301, 149K)

Just confirmed, nothing left in my bank
>RIP Jirachi

What happened?

>nintento excuses you anyways
because nitnendo can do jack shit about it. the IP's division goes like this
Nintendo - Advertising, Nintendo does own a lot of stocks of Creatures, but overall does not do as much with Pokémon as the other companies as far as I can tell.
Creatures - Pokémon cards, toys, a lot of the Pokémon spin-off games, and assisting with other core Pokémon games.
Game Freak - Primary developer of most Pokémon games.
The Pokémon Company - Marketing, licensing, most retail operations, and TV/movie operations.

>The chad Monolithsoft open worlds with completely animated full scale creatures
>The virgin GameFreak one open field with half animated poorly scale Pokemon creatures

Attached: Pyra tea.jpg (1280x720, 114K)

Scratch that, I'd transferred them to Omega Ruby before my sub ran out apparently

We won't ever make a game worth buying but please buy our next game Sword and Shield 2 to get the full experience that you should have gotten the first time around. Thanks for beta testing our games.
-
Masuda

why is she looking at me like that

Turned into a circlejerk where outsiders were closed off and every minuscule decision was run through 10 consecutive polls only to be scrapped anyway. Terrible management all around.

That hold item thing is also true of Lucas and Ness, Yoshi and his Brawl animations (at least in Smash 4).

she is trying to massage her oniichan!

no wonder I can't find it in /vp/ anymore
same with the Aus one

Just wait for the inevitable improved version faggots.

Aus never took off. It was another Broquest situation with a bunch of idea guys and zero competence.

Imagine caring about pokemon after the original 151, Kantochads always win baby

Nothing else matters but gen 1-3. Fuck zoomers and autists clinging to a dead franchise.

s-purple is cursed

We don't even get those anymore

GIGA SWORD AND GIGA SHIELD

xy didn't get a third version at all. usum added very little and didn't improve gen 7. if sword/shield even gets a third version, it won't fix anything.

>xy didn't get a third version at all
what was even the point of introducing Zygarde Complete Forme if they didn't want to make a Z

FUCK YOU YOU LAZY FUCK
YOU HAD EVERYONE IN FOR SUN AND MOON YOU JUST DON'T WANT TO WORK WITH THEM YOU LAZY CUNT

Attached: 1561455402158.gif (500x242, 147K)

I don't know what's wrong with Pokemon fans. They're just cute little RPGs and yet you guys treat them like they're this super serious e sport. Has nobody ever heard of quality over quantity?

>xy didn't get a third version at all
Honestly this is where everything plummeted downhill. XY could have been great if it got the Platinum treatment. They just HAD to get gen 7 out for their 20th anniversary, which explains shoehorning Zygarde into it. Fucking retards.

With statements like this, Masuda should run for office.

That's if there was quality to begin with

>They just HAD to get gen 7 out for their 20th anniversary
why not just release Z for 20th anniversary with expanded postgame, then announce SuMo

CoD is fun

Because that would have been perfect and like I said, they're fucking retards.

Habu, creator of digimon story cyber sleuth said that he plans to make a digimon game where every single digimon is obtainable. But it will take some time due to just how many there are

This is worse than Yea Forums mods holy fuck

I meant to write red/blue

>it will take some time due to just how many there are
digimon literally pumps monsters like they're candy
with actual waifus too

The amount of progressing rom hacks is what keeps me interested in the series. Showdown too, but to a lesser extent.

>"monster desings more edgy and gitrls with boobs"
>Implying that's not what everybody wants

>with actual waifus too
You know it

Attached: waifumon.jpg (2130x3270, 3.44M)

> dynamax pokémon are literally just the same concept as totem pokémon
>larger in size, a stat is boosted. in this case, only HP
HOW THE FUCK WAS THIS CONSIDERED A FEATURE FANS WOULD READILY ACCEPT? ITS LAZY AND RECYCLED

Attached: 0E0F567E-9EA9-4AA2-9BFB-79D342F42F57.jpg (307x267, 16K)

CoD makes an attempt to reinvent itself every few years to stay relevant

Digimon is better anyways

Attached: D-GZIQiXkAI25Ug2.jpg (1191x1200, 144K)

Digimon Tri was such a disappointment.

post the fetus

>It's almost like Ultimate had to sacrifice a bunch of shit to accommodate its absurd roster
yes, like target smash and _____________________________________________

>Digimon is better anyways
Tamers is not all of Digimon. I would've included Adventure, but Tri raped its canon for nostalgiabux.

I'm still buying it

>not pirating it

You seriously haven't hacked your switch yet?

Attached: heh.jpg (183x190, 4K)

why waste time on the game at all?

Yo-kai Watch 4 is getting multiple patches adding new Yo-kai up to 801. If Level-5 can do it, GameFreak can too.

we don't talk about Tri

Threadly reminder that your middle school friends were wrong. Digimon always had the better anime AND games.

Attached: pmk5j6JMg81twj2hu_1280.jpg (1024x576, 134K)

This.
On that note, people can shit on megas all they want but at least they took some effort to design visually and mechanically. Dynamax is just a lazy universal powerup that only makes top tiers even better.

Attached: Mega_Lopunny.png (400x480, 112K)

why even pirate it? that time could be spent playing better games instead.

>haha look a gay joke makes my game better
No, they only had better games since gen 6, or rather Pokemon became that much worse. Digimon game quality also varies wildly while Pokemon is a steady decline.

I really liked Megas actually. It was a good concept even though the execution could have been better (for example, the Pokemon they picked for Mega Evolution could have been better. It was nice when it made a shitmon viable but not so nice when it just made staples even more OP then they already were)

Playing pokemon
Just fap for poke girls porn

gen 4 is a mess and the only salvation was hg/ss

>it just made staples even more OP then they already were
There were almost no cases of this. Mega Tyranitar is a sidegrade. Mega Garchomp is almost strictly worse. Mega Blaziken is technically stronger, but adds less to a team than base Blaziken + item + another mega. Most of the strongest megas belonged to non-OU Pokemon, or banned legendaries.

Incidentally, a lot of people seem to forget that base Charizard is an absolute shitmon.

Attached: Mega_Charizard_X_Mega_Charizard_Y_artwork.png (1280x905, 893K)

Just stop buying games made for five year olds.

LGPE was made for adult Amerifats

user

>At some point they're going to need to remake 800+ pokemon models once again
AND NIGGA? ITS THE BIGGEST MEDIA FRANCHISE IN THE EXISTENCE, ITS 90$ BILLION DOLLARS WITH A B NIGGER YOU FUCKING RETARD,THEY HAVE ALL OF THE RESOURCES THEY NEED, EVERY SINGE GODDAMN ONE

Attached: 1446212431280.gif (405x414, 181K)

You heard me

Is that actually true? Like which ones?

c'mon

Good, now I will only need to buy a Switch when SMTV comes out

>Level-5 can somehow patch in 800 mons for an installment of a washed up has-been series that will probably sell less than 2 million lifetime
>Game Freak is somehow okay for not even trying to do the same for a game meant to sell 15 million units and move consoles for the holidays

Yeah, no. I'll either buy the game used or pirate it, since I'm sure not giving GF money as a developer for this.

ITT: You can't always get what you want~

Literally did that since episode 1. Ho-oh wasn't in Red/Blue and wouldn't be out for several years.

This is the LGPE target audience

Attached: 1560442112058.png (1129x910, 173K)

Dynamax pokemon get a boost to other stats. The menus only show HP increasing since its the only stat visible.

>going to get away with it too

Attached: oh shit.gif (317x237, 1.06M)

RIP

litteraly trannyera tier mods
everyone in thread got banned because the tranny mods didn't like them talking about better gaymes
wow

Attached: 1555866672500.gif (308x236, 135K)

THE BIGGEST FUCKING IP IN THE WORLD
AND THEY CAN'T EVEN PORT SHIT FROM OLDER GAMES
Oh Lord

Attached: 1561392712576.jpg (560x500, 95K)

someone posted the stat increase of HP going up by 50% for the turn the ‘mom is dynamax. so basically, my point confirmed. it’s basically totem pokémon all over again

Attached: 4405F888-D1FE-4BDA-8C4E-606604CE0F1E.jpg (848x1134, 84K)

I'm guessing like Calumon?

Digimon made me gay. That Angel guy had no right being so hot.

It's a non-statement. People are up in arms because the Pokemon aren't in the game. Not because they "disappeared."

It's Masuda being a lazy-ass and not admitting that they shouldn't create Pokemon each and every fucking generation. There's 1,000 now. Worry about those balancing instead of introducing WOW COOL POKEMON! to each generation that sucks shit more than the last one.

Does anoyone here know what they would actually need to do to include all of the pokemon?

They were afraid of Yo-Kai Watch since it was kicking Gen 6's ass, so they brought Gen 6 to an early end

Creatures makes the models

Not be lazy, the 3ds can handle all pokemon but not the Switch?

That's especially bitter given that Level 5 ran YW into the ground with overmilking, since Gen 7 was in most ways an upgrade over Gen 6. If YW had been going strong into YW4, GF probably would have had a lot more pause about culling their roster for Gen 8.

They already did that with Gen 6 and 7. For a while after release, they would only allow stuff in the regional dex to be used in competitive play. Lo and behold, it was assfuck filled with fairies (particularly Xerneas in the formats that allowed it) and in SM, Celesteela, Kartana, and the Tapus.
Guess what happened when they allowed transferred mons? The old kings stayed on top plus the Tapus and stuff like Xerneas. Pokemon's meta is utterly fucked, and I'm not one of the retards whining about Landorus, that shitty looking lion was just a band aid.

Import models, stats, animations, sounds from the previous games. It's not really a hard thing to do. Unless they reveal a new mechanic that justifies this whole thing there's no excuse.

I'm talking about the actual process, user. As you said if they did with the 3DS, what's so different about the Switch that makes this so hard?

Same thread as last time
>doesn't mean it won't be in future games
No fucking shit, we already knew this
I don't want to transfer my shiny Nihilego to Home just to have it sit in stasis for 5 years until the next time they decide to make it usable.
To top it all off, ironically enough this just fanned the flame further. The internet had totally forgotten this and was calling anyone who brought it up "entitled" while they drooled over Yamper and bickered about Nessa. It's nice to see this be revived.

Attached: 1561559708093.jpg (899x1284, 138K)

Well what about Dynamax?

This statement does not have enough "Pokémon" in it.

>what's so different about the Switch that makes this so hard?
They're inept fucks who didn't prepare enough for the HD transition, got caught off-guard, and are too cheap to follow HAL Laboratories' lead with Kirby Star Allies to patch in the content they knew they had no way in hell of finishing before release.

It basically rescales already existing models.

calumon is playable in dawn/dusk.

Models, animation, textures, sounds and Pokédex for each
evolution methods, unique attacks for some
Likely more I've forgotten

No it won't. Normies wanted LGPE because it had Kanto, and they got it. Most of SwSh's userbase was going to consist of core fans until they got aleniated.

PokeTodd

There's no way Masuda isn't deliberately trying to fuck the franchise at this point, quite possibly because he wants GF to move to other things like Town. He wants Pokemon to tank. This shit is calculated.

I see, well it sounds to me like it could take a while to do with how many of them they are.

The thing is that people are fine waiting if they know it's coming.

I absolutely believe that considering how many twitter dicksuckers this has in the original link to the tweet masuda put out (apparently criticizing it in any way makes you "entitled" and "not a real fan" to these people), even though I don't use twitter myself. I know every friend I have that likes Pokemon is buying it, and one is buying both, because he likes the idea of the raid battles (he also bought LGPE). It's just kind of sad that the fanbase cares this little. Even now there's people who say "you're just petty and don't like Pokemon, I'm going to enjoy it anyway :^)" like that retard who always posts with a Glaceon gif.

Attached: matanuicide.png (556x150, 46K)

Yeah that's fair. Personally, I don't care too much since I played the games on emulator and so I could never transfered any of my mons. I'm more looking forward to seeing the new stuff.

Attached: 1506239318509.jpg (952x944, 146K)

The issue with that is why even attempt to kill the seemingly immortal goose that lays the golden eggs instead of using some of the gold to expand your company

Why do people still act like death """threats""" on the internet mean anything? Before the internet people used to send handwritten hatemail to celebrities houses, that was at least somewhat of a threat since they knew where you lived. Tweeting "fuk u go dye" is barely an insult, let alone a threat.

Attached: 1551291208061.png (438x512, 384K)

>put work into shit no one cares about like giant Pokémon
>"WELL SHIT I GUESS WE DON'T HAVE TIME LEFT TO COPY AND PASTE THE SAME FUCKING ASSETS WE'VE BEEN USING FOR ALMOST A DECADE FOR SITUATIONS EXACTLY LIKE THIS"

>normies are actually upset
Really? THIS is the fucking line? Out of all the years of garbage half assed games, THIS is where they decide to be upset.

Attached: ablurrypictureofacat42398205.png (500x951, 214K)

>maractus
maractus is cute

Attached: maractusmagicalgirlvp.png (672x757, 433K)

If they could have expanded their company they would have done so. They're as bad with money as they are with optimized code.

>In this next halo game, there will be no Sniper Rifles, Energy Swords or Pistols
>Oh but don't worry, that doesn't mean they're gone forever!
>that just means they're not in this game!
>aside from Pistols, they'll be in the next game!
>oh but that game won't have automatic rifles or grenades
>But it's still the halo you know and love and remember!

Attached: 1552191545588.gif (300x234, 667K)

Masuda is probably just the face of Pokemon, Ohmori is the real issue.

>Megas done right examples, given to mons that needed one
Beedrill
Charizard
Lopunny
Swampert
Sceptile
Heracross
Venusaur
Mawile
Sableye
Medicham
Gyrados

>"fucking why?" examples, mons that either don't benefit or become too strong. They never needed it when their base could survive
Gengar
Lucario
Salamence
Tyrannitar
Garchomp
Mewtwo
Blaziken

It was long overdue to cut back on the myriad of shitmons already.

SM didn't have a national dex because it was fucking ridiculous to stuff them all in the overworld to be caught, that's why there were only 300 actual mons with dex entries.

>waaah but now I can't migrate my Patrat and leave it there rotting in a box!

Attached: 1555675661554.jpg (647x831, 110K)

How has no one made one of those 30+ minute video essays about how incompetent and lazy gamefreak are yet? It seems like it would garner a lot of attention with not too much effort, much like pokemon itself.

Yeah, fuck with the main selling point and you end up with the straw that broke the camel's back

>passionate about each and every one of them
Your passionate hatred for Ledian is not a good thing.

2bh I actually like Mega Garchomp because it's one of those megas that isn't just strictly an upgrade to the original and plays differently due to losing just enough speed to not be the fucking jet that it once was and becoming more of a bulky (slightly) mixed attacker

>SM didn't have a national dex because it was fucking ridiculous to stuff them all in the overworld to be caught, that's why there were only 300 actual mons with dex entries.
Have you even played Pokemon?

No game with a national dex actually had all the Pokemon in them, but they were all still obtainable via trading/transfer.

remember when sun/moon had less than half of the pokemon of x/y and oras? And half of that in let's go pikachu? how many will be in sword and shield? 75?

>It was long overdue to cut back on the myriad of shitmons already.
>keep gen 5's shitmons like the icecream cone

>Pokemon is just numbers.
And models and animations and sound effects and special mechanics and

Gengar will always be the biggest Mega mistake. It ended up losing Gengar Levitate in SM and turning it into a shitmon

Reminder that the only people who care about this shit are poke autists who are the minorty of the fanbase.

Sun/Moon had all of the Pokemon

Don't sign your posts and avatar

Heracross is fine, it just needs better moves and higher speed

They have expanded their company. If they hadn't, they wouldn't be able to work on Town and Sword & Shield at the same time.

>wojak

All you have to say is "I don't play Pokemon"

Masuda has issued a video too
youtube.com/watch?v=y-ehEPadPZQ

That's unironically based. Just amounts to "wait until next time you entitled brats".
What a god.

SM had every (800+) Pokemon in it

>cut back on shitmon
>Rhydon line
>seaking line
>noctowl line
>mantine line
>wailord line
>Combee line
>boldore line
>seismitoad line
>Sawk and probably Throh
>LITERAL PILE OF GARBAGE
>vanillish
>niggersby
>autistic cat
>all already confirmed in the game

You have no fucking idea what you're talking about, do you?

I honestly wouldn’t give a shit about the lack of national dex if all the Pokémon models looked as good as Pokken. I’m sure they’ll port them all across eventually, and this could actually shake up the meta a bit and also make me use guys I otherwise never would have tried.

The problem is that graphically, the game looks like a fucking fan project. Jesus Christ, FF12 looked better than this game and that came out over a decade ago.

I can only hope that the wild area is actually fun to traverse and that the shitty giantmon gimmick mechanic doesn’t absolutely destroy the balance of the game.

Huh, that's a good point. Where is the money going, anyway?

why is national dex such a big deal?
didn't megas, z-moves and literally everything about lets go pikachu/eevee already ruin pokemon beyond repair?

Attached: 75311755_p0.jpg (1986x3000, 1.42M)

The model data won't be present. The game wouldn't be able to interface with the data if they did appear. They are gone for this generation of mainline games. There doesn't need to be a source, it's just how data functions.

TPCi/Nintendo. Gamefreak only gets 1/3rd of the money from Pokemon.

Switching from sprites to 3D models and having overly bloated regional dexes ruined Pokemon beyond repair, this is just taking the head off the corpse and sticking it on a pike.

>waaah I can't transfer all my shitmons to the latest game to rot in boxes
Basically hoarders just being autistic.

They could always patch the other Pokémon into Sword Shield, or just make the transfer of certain Pokémon one way, like with the time machine in Gold and Silver. Not saying they’ll actually do that but it’s certainly possible. Third versions usually add new catchable Pokémon.

>Do you actually not know how many pokemon are in this game? How much work it would take to model them for every new title?
>reusing future proofed models they made way back in 2013 is hard
Unless they're so retarded that the future proofed models weren't actually future proofed, this is the most retarded excuse you could have come up with. The 3DS had trouble maintaining 60fps or 30fps, whatever the benchmark was for that system, with only two of these models because they were pointlessly console-tier complex, and now they had to remake all of them is what you're saying?

USUM had about 500 or something (including all the shit available through wormholes and island scan, or breeding those, i.e. shit with no dex entry but still catchable/breedable in game).
As far as compatibility goes though, it was compatible with all 800+ and they could be transferred in at any time.
LGPE only had Kanto-original Pokemon plus Alolan forms coded in, all the others only existed without models and were completely incompatible.
SnS looks to be doing what LGPE did but on a different cutting style.

>Pokemon is at a point where they can do and say whatever they want and make a shitton of money.
>if any other company did this the community would roast them over the coals

Attached: D9dUfRkWkAAfdJw.png (829x862, 152K)

I know you're very excited about your first coding classes you're taking in college user but when it comes to rendering just because the same function or shader or animation or whatever can be applied to any model does not mean the end result will look acceptable for every possible input

THIS. All they would have to say, is that they're releasing the game without everything, but an update would add in the other Pokemon. Instead, they say please understand, and move on. We put up with a ridiculous amount of garbage through these games. They've cut mechanics, never figured out cutscenes or had a proper story, graphically been garbage. Cutting pokemon was the last straw. I don't need to see the list to know I'm not getting Murkrow.

This is what having a monopoly over something looks like. Sure there's other monster catching games, not they're no where near as popular as Pokemon, and Pokemon has been so popular with kids and older gens alike, any release from now on prints money regardless of what they do.
I really really hope SS changes this, but this is putting a lot of hope in a fandom that bought LGPE and the $50 Mew DLC.

>people now realize they couldn't just keep adding new Pokemon forever and keep everything from all previous games without being a bloated mess

woooah....

>"only" a third of the biggest franchise
>get a third of every piece of merch, animation, software, etc. any TPC subsidiary develops with 0 investment
>still no budget for the games
I'd love to see the Gamefreak executives' compensation packages, they must be something else

OH NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO

What the fuck am I reading

No, you misunderstand. They get 1/3rd revenue from the games (and only the ones that THEY make), TPCi gets 1/3rd of the revenue from the games and Nintendo gets 1/3rd of the revenue from the games.

That's all Game Freak gets money from. The merch? That's all TPCi. Cards, movies, toys, etc? TPCi. Because TPCi owns the trademarks and the copyright.

DENSETSU NO KUSOGE

Attached: 5CH on the current STATE of Pokemon full vers.jpg (1662x2083, 2.27M)

TPC is 1/3rd owned by Nintendo, 1/3rd owned by Gamefreak, 1/3rd owned by Creatures. Any profit the company makes gets split between the three.

it's been shown that they don't care about quality.
See:
Tree texture, Wingull, Double Kick, bad camera, bad npc animation, etc.

Ask the much smaller team from Level 5 that makes Yokai Watch.

Yeah, but the Pokemon models themselves have to look impeccable to sell that sweet merch. Lots of tweaking has to go into that. Hell they have an entire team of "model inspectors", guess what they do.

Literally fuck you,we care about money

But there has been ZERO word about updating the game after release. That would fix everything. They would have said as much if they planned to do it.

Bäsed

So, and this is a huge longshot, Gamefreak or Creatures could be bought from Apple/Microsoft/Google? Or Nintendo is the only publicly traded?

Have you tried playing a recent pokemon with multiplayer lately?

Shit needs a hard reboot in game design presentation or the monster roster cause its convoluted as fuck with all the goddamn different Types and combinations of Types like jesus fuck. These games basically play like marvel vs capcon at endgame with the retarded touch of death setups that are possible.

Gamefreak and Creatures are privately held, yes.

Yet they still eat it up

who actually stores and cares about their old pokemon?
its not like they are unique or have feelings

Also, some legal red tape could be in place forcing them to sell their share on TPC in the event of a buyout, but that's just speculation.

cheeky japanese faggot

apology not accepted

This is a non-statement

Maybe this works for a Japanese audience?

For those who don’t realize the actual problem. It’s not even that i can’t transfer pokemon. I gave up on the national dex when I was young. The problem is they keep cleaning it’s gone because of improving the other aspects and cleaning it up visually... either they’re lying or it’s just not showing yet cause it looks just as ugly as Sun and Moon.
The animation is stiff
The models have extremely low quality textures, and the game runs like shit. Where is this new time to put into other aspects going?

Thais Erie’s has removed so many good features over the years for seemingly no reason at all it makes you question if they’re just seeing how much they can get away with.

If Bandai ever gave a Digimon game a respectable budget, yes

The first one that comes to mind is any Digimon created through DigiXros, since that evolution type manifests as taping Digimon together like LEGO so it can't really be fudged into a normal Digivolution

When Shoutmon does show up in a game, he only ever gets to evolve into OmniShoutmon, because all of his other evolutions are Xros

well you got your wish since Masuda pulled a snap at half the roster

I was in a thread on /vp/ talking about other monster collecting games

Not only was EVERYONE in the thread banned, but I (and presumably everyone else) was banned from ALL BOARDS, not just /vp/
And it was a non-contestable short-term ban, as always

I ain't ever seen a mod so mad

Big deal, mods here do that all the time. I got banned after a few threads were randomly deleted for "replying to off-topic" without even a quote to know what it was, and I come back to an e-celeb sticky. I'd say this place is worse.

What time? LGPE came out what, has it even been a year? And they're making Town. Obviously Sword and Shield are suffering from a low budget. I honestly believe they had to make cuts and decided on this just to test how many Pokemon they can cut and get away with in order to do it in later games and reassign the budget to other areas. It's either that or forcing people to keep paying for Home once they're done transferring. Likely both. Either way SnS will be a shitshow.

I’ve been coding for 17 years user. Literally no other company is as incompetent at coding as GameFreak. Not even Bethesda or Yanderedev.

Just stop talking about code like you know how to code, since you clearly don’t.

>I suspect Masuda is lying
Holy shit user, you may be onto something. Too bad he's not a respectable developer like Todd Howard or Sean Murray or Peter Molyneux

That's exactly how my ban read, maybe it was the same mod

I've been in plenty of off-topic threads here and the worst that ever happens is a mod comes by and deletes it, but nobody gets banned

I'm a software engineer at M$. Please point out what's wrong in what I said

I hope this makes everyone bitch him and the companies out even more. I'd rather bitch and moan and fight for my favorite franchise to possibly not go full shit than to just bend over. Every gen has done things or omitted things that bugged the hell out of me but I never felt they were so bad that it made me not want to buy them. Having all the Pokemon gives me a reason to come back, every time. With them all gone? Fuck 'em. Yeah the graphics and animations are all garbage too but the priority, the utmost important thing that should be the centerpiece of every mainline game, is the ability to transfer every single fucking monster to it so you can make teams of your favorites. Fuck 'em.

They have been using the same models since XY for every old Pokemon. And they don’t even make the models. Creatures makes them. And at most, it should take a day to code them all back in.

They've been reusing the same models since XY, user. Also it doesn't matter how "super duper extra hard making games is". This is the literal hugest gaming franchise in existence. I don't care what halfassed bullshit that fucker Masuda spews. Nothing he says could be a good enough reason for what they're doing considering how much money the franchise makes. Nothing short of a godamned volcano erupting right under their headquarters anyway.

GF is honestly one of the most laziest and cheap effort game developing studios in modern history. Fans have demanded the ability to change or modify natures, abilities, Pokeballs Pokemon are contained in, breeding mechanics and IVs since these features introduced.

What has changed? GF has only introduced bottle caps for IVs literally just the last generation. It took them more than a decade to add something so simple, and even then if you're aiming for a certain IV spread, it doesn't really work. Same deal with breeding via knot. You can't change natures or abilities to HA.

While at the same time, GF has added in hated mechanics that fans never asked for or opposed. No one wanted mythic Pokemon that can only be legally attained at s certain date or location and can't be traded online. No one asked for exclusive shinies or moves via events, either.

GF just doesn't seem to care about the core mechanics of the game or even story. The last generation, GF changed the ending of the original SM in USUM, to summarize, GF caved when they were sent a lot of messages by Jap fans that claimed they were so sad they cried over the ending involving Lillie. They called it (Lillie loss).

Attached: 1934928920384.png (593x720, 308K)

Based and redpilled

>Masuda's comments just sound like an excuse for laziness.
Even more true now than it was when that post was originally made

They don't "code them back in". They're probably .obj or some other 3d model format that can be imported directly to any console. They still need to be retextured at a higher definition. Some parts of the models will show artifacts on the higher resolution. Once you apply the game's shading, inevitably some models will look off and you'll have to rework some of their parts. Some Pokemon move animations have light sources which will also affect how they look. Some Pokemon like Diglett may look glitchy standing in certain kinds of terrain. You have to take all of this into account and fix it. Obviously as the amount of Pokemon, moves, locations etc. increases this problem explodes.

Honestly if it was up to me just put 150-200 Pokemon into the game and give them Stadium-tier animations, make the graphics on everything else better, maybe even tweak the gameplay. Who the fuck gets enjoyment out of transferring Bidoofs from gen to gen?

Does not caring about the national Dex make me a GameFreak apologist?

Attached: 312FD1DA-ACF9-4BE8-98B2-4D9918C04301.jpg (960x358, 123K)

Only if you try to make excuses for Masuda

RISE UP GAMERS

#BRINGBACKNATIONALDEX

COME ON, REDDITBROS!

Attached: D-Mjh3UWkAAPEqx.png large.png (720x715, 447K)

I’ll give you the National D.

I'm pretty sure your Pokemon don't actually get deleted, you just can't transfer Pokemon in or out of it.

There's nothing inherently wrong with the National Dex being lost. I personally feel the series could become all the healthier if they do so and use the granted freedom to do more things with the gameplay and add more polish and detail to the Pokemon they do decide to keep in a given game.

But that's clearly not what's going on here, everything is still exactly as it was for the past two gens already, and returning Pokemon are still using the exact same models and animations. We're losing so many Pokemon in exchange for nothing, and to add further insult, they're charging us more for it.

Attached: 1537254819747.jpg (600x384, 37K)

I've played every gen (first games of each gen only), and I find Pokemon fans are really weird
>cookie cutter scenarios and storyline
>no one gives a shit
>difficulty decreases every gen, campaign is braindead easy nowadays
>no one gives a shit
>cut out fantastic features like Battle Frontier replacing them with nothing
>no one gives a shit
Then LGPE comes out and even this bullshit with a retarded catching game mini game, no wild battles, dumbed down battle system, ONE HUNDRED FIFTY POKEMON + $20 dollar Mew DLC shitty Kanto remake worse than FRLG with HD 3DS graphics with a post game of grinding every Pokemon to level 100 for $60 bucks gets bought in droves by core Pokemon players, some of which even convince themselves it's a good game
BUT trim some Pokemon which you might've never even used anyway and this is the hill they all choose to die on

I don't give a shit. I never got the pokemon bank, I never migrated shit other than some Pokemon from GBA games to my Pearl game like 8 or 9 years ago.

To me, Pokemon games are just for playing through the main story with whatever Pokemon I find and catch, screw around with the post-game for a while, clear the regional dex, and then be done with it

If I want to play competitively I'll just go make a team on showdown instead of grinding for dozens of hours like an autist

Attached: free-shrugs-4301553.png (500x736, 201K)

Hey man. I was more bummed out by no more Pokémon contests than anything that was revealed about the National dex. I legit thought it was already a thing to not have 800 Pokémon catchable at a time.

FUCK MASUDA
FUCK POKEMON
AND FUCK GAMEFREAK

Attached: 4b9797fe70a21d314e08bf5d9ed37f62.png (1407x1529, 750K)

>that does not mean it will not appear in future games.

But Masuda I thought everyone's favortie pokemon was Wingull? Why is there a problem when he's garunteed to show up on every sea route ever made?

I don't care about the dex itself, I care about the Pokemon.
The dex is a checklist, and it's guaranteed to be worked into Home as a "lite" version that'll be just as shitty as the 3DS bank natdex.

Why cant they just return to 2D?

I'll be cleaning mine out in January just in case they undo this stupid policy for the Sinnoh remakes.

I don't even own one yet.

The final line is the best.

>>cut out fantastic features like Battle Frontier replacing them with nothing
>>no one gives a shit

Wut? They did massive damage control over that, Japan threw a shit fit and /vp/ still mocks Masuda's excuses about it and that was 5 years ago.

Pathetic faggots.

>The world of Pokémon continues to evolve.

more like devolve

>I'd like to make one thing clear: even if a specific Pokémon is not available in Pokémon Sword and Pokémon Shield, that does not mean it will not appear in future games.
You said that already and this is why people are angry you dumb fuck. Pay 5$ yearly for them to not be deleted from Home and then hope that you can pay 60$ to use them next year.

What an insulting non-apology.

Attached: 1381329781034.png (468x446, 74K)

Nintendofags in a nutshell

It's time for Pokemon to die

KILL THE POKEMON COMPANY
KILL GAMEFREAK
KILL MASUDA

KILL EM ALL

Are you stupid? USUM added new mons and you can still trade and battle with SM players, you just cant use the ones not in SM. This doesn't excuse gamefreak's bullshit but saying they're gone for the whole gen is retarded.

Ask Creatures Inc. to do it like last time because gamefreak sure as hell is not capable of doing it

please don't use vitanon's legacy for your shitposting

>its not gone forever, just give us money for home and maybe next year you can use your pokemon :3

>the principality of Game Freak

Attached: 1539794945700.gif (346x275, 920K)

I'm talking about the community that plays Pokemon as a whole. It's not like the sales tanked. It feels to me like SnS might finally accomplish that

>designing new pokemon making new models making new animations is lazy
>rehasing old pokemon isnt
huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuh???

CoD doesn't have cute girls

Attached: 1560535096005.png (380x684, 94K)

I HAVE AN ANNOUNCEMENT TO MAKE DESU

Angemon is a fucking stud.
Lucemon is what made me truly gay though.

Attached: c84d21e9901a7546b35d0061e799aa70.png (1280x1265, 831K)

Yes but on top of that you can't TRANSFER the pokemon you can't catch to the new games for some reason. It's one thing to not make them catchable, but to refuse to support them in the new game at all is just retarded.

>we've heard you but we're not changing anything lol, please understand
Why did he even put this out? It will only make fans angrier and keep the controversy in the news cycle.
Incompetence breeds incompetence I guess.

They know it will sell so they don't really care about backlash, some of the people complaining will buy it in the end too. It fucking sucks because Game Freak will always continue to be mediocre with these games.

Evertone on fucking twitter is saying is ok and he is doing a good job
holy fuck I wish I would have the power enough to kill those fuckers.

Yikes

Why are you all so pissed off, it's just a game. Just dont buy it.

have sex reddit tranny

Yeah it's terrible but Pokemon has been terrible since gen 6 at least. Why even play these fucking games? The stories/campaigns have gotten worse and worse, with worse characters, forced cutscenes in SM to the point it's as bad as FFX, no difficulty (may as well mash A the entire game). If you don't care about the shitty story then you play the competitive. Guess what, Pokemon Showdown exists online and is free! So what's even the point of these games anymore?

Why did Pokemon go from a very deft approach with the Colo/XD games, Stadium, actually good stories in BW1 and as recently as SM, but now it's turned into garbage. There's no fucking reason to buy these new games unless you're a turbo autistic or buying to have the new Pokemons. Who honestly gives a shit in 2019.

Attached: detectiveno-1520952399676_270h.png (480x270, 130K)

>billion dollar company

I only buy these games for VGC but even that is dying rapidly. If they axe official events I’m done with the series

Is there really a future for some Pokemon?

Attached: glameow.png (743x520, 35K)

iwata would've never wanted this, his death has been in vain.

Attached: oh....jpg (500x666, 45K)

It's not from Gen 1 or Lucario so no.

Iwata is the reason pokemon didnt flop on its second main entry.

Iwata should have let them taste failure.

you can not care thats fine. but that just means that you need to shut your mouth and not do what tons of retards online do and claim that this is somehow better for the series or that its sooo hard to include because that way you are literally making things worse for others with no actual payback for yourself.

Attached: 1552093873381.jpg (749x537, 89K)

its literally the same textures they used in the past.
it becomes extra evident when you look at the stretched dynamax textures.
you're full of shit.

The line for me was Pokemon X and Y. Something about that game felt bland as shit and I just kinda stopped caring. I went back to playing Platinum and shit. (I also stopped playing Black and White for a similar reason)

I am just seeing this controversy and laughing because I jumped ship early. Platinum felt like a nice conclusion and ending to Pokemon for me and it had some shitty Pokemon designs sure, but it's still eons better than the other generations, thank fuck.

Attached: Smug Harry Osborn.gif (333x194, 1.78M)

Isn't Pokemon one of the highest grossing franchises in the world? Hire some fucking people jesus christ, how are they jewing so hard. You're going to make so much money anyway. It has infinity budget.

It's THE highest grossing media franchise of the world

its the highest grossing due to its absolutely huge ties in: merch, anime, card games, etc
game sales is nothing comparing to it, so they just have to make 1 (one) new generation, and see the dosh comes

Nah I am just convinced he has like 0 speech in his character sheet. He is saying things, and has been since he took the helm as a director, in the single worst way possible. Like there are ways he could have done damage control.

Like honestly at this point a good thing that might come out of this is that now Pokemon Stadium/Colosseum/Battle Revolution have a reason to exist.

based

>inb4 Nintendo and Creature Inc. joined force and bought out the last 1/3 of this god forsaken company

>We are pouring our hearts into these games
Why are the graphics n64/PS1 tier?

What? Mega Gengar is one of the best Megas in existence. It doesn't allow to switch out so if whay you have in doesn't one hit KO it it's impossible not to lose a pokemon or two against it. It's literally just Mega Alakazam but far better. To the point where one the most consistent counters to Mega Gengar is outright a Choice Scarf Gengar.

Like hell does the ground weakness matters when your ability is Shadow Tag.

Because having heart != having programming talent

having heart != having anything apparently

You do know that it's not GF that makes the models and animations, right? It's the Pokemon team at Creatures that does them. GF has to implement them. Besides the past gen was used to make the models "futureproof" to reuse them in HD titles. Unless of course everyone at TPC is a complete idiot and didn't think ahead mere 5 seconds to realize that whatever they're doing for SwSh won't work with the "futureproof" models.

They fell for the SOUL/SOULLESS meme.

Attached: 1509772449894.png (994x994, 447K)

>make models "futureproof"
>causes 3DS games to run like shit
>so they can use them in future HD titles
>works with LGP/E
>doesn't work with ShSw
So you agree that GF is full of complete utter retards who can't think ahead for a few minutes?

Literally everything. But considering that you larp as M$ employee as example of someone who can code I'm not surprised that you're not seeing it.

GUYS HOLY SHIT

youtube.com/watch?v=FbQfZadiSjk

If I recall, there is a Digimon RPG game on I think either the DS or 3DS that has both Xros and actual digivolving.

but 80% of those are furfag bait and they dont even have a single loli, not even a flat chested petite

The most based moderation act I've ever seen in my life, bar none.
Fuck Yokaifags, Fuck SMTfags, and Fuck Digimonfags.

Attached: 2019-06-29_05-04-05.png (621x151, 7K)

that feature is locked behind the enivitable third version which will sell 10 million units. gamefreak has always been the slimiest company and it’s insane that it took 20 years for retards to notice it. ever since the start they sell 2 of the same game at once that only have a few different pokemon instead of actual differing content that should justify a purchase. every single sequel except for gold and silver has left out previously established game mechanics out ot laziness and the opportunity to advertise it’s return in the remakes they shit out

Attached: 75F51927-CF23-4483-BACF-1E2C41FA2A21.png (828x804, 552K)

Attached: 2019-06-29_05-11-10.png (1005x567, 35K)

>The state of pokemon
the new pokemon game sucks and according to masuda they will continue to suck forever more
>The state of digimon
Is going to have a panel/stream at anime expo where they will discuss the future of the digimon franchise, show off multiple trailers for projects they're working on(Digimon Survive, new Adventure anime), Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth 3 is confirmed to be in the works, and they are getting ready to have a huge crossover collaboration with the one and only hatsune miku

Cannot make this shit up

Attached: D07bBzAVsAAGE1g.jpg (1256x1776, 400K)

Because Pokemon isn't art, it's a sellout franchise designed to advertise and sell merchandise. That's why all the money goes into merch instead of the actual games.

good point

>have a huge crossover collaboration with the one and only hatsune miku
wow this wouldve been really impressive say 10, 15 years ago when people cared about Miku Hatsune