Mario Maker 2

How are you enjoying it so far?

Attached: H2x1_NSwitch_SuperMarioMaker2_image1280w.jpg (1280x640, 193K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/jyeGXxtK-Mw
twitter.com/The_Mario_Man/status/1144702771431501825?s=19
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Fun, but
>can only upload 32 courses
Seriously?

Is it just me or is wall jumping more difficult to pull off consistently than in most platformers

KOOPA PARTY
CVW-P1G-FGG

SPEEDFALL
6XK-KQB-7MF

3D World is so good, I’m legit surprised. The speed up when sprinting, wall jumping, long jumps, plus al the new level items/tools, it’s my favorite one.

My first attempt at a level. Would love some feedback.
KKY-Y12-SSF

>Super Shmup Bros.
NWC-L96-RWF

>SMB1.5: 1-1 Goomba Valley
B4S-TY6-KPF
>SMB1.5: 1-2 Koopa Cavern
D12-R91-GYF

UPS man still isn't here with my game, wtf bros. I thought it would be waiting for me when I got home from work

>Crushed

2V3-BJR-J2G

Y90-4GB-MSG
First stage. Thoughts? I’m not creative enough to make long and detailed stages, so short Hell runs are more my style, I guess.

Attached: 69DE6827-F14D-4642-A51A-D057A4D97E47.jpg (618x396, 33K)

you could only upload 10 on the original
and no one is gonna play your levels anyway

Tried making a faster paced level but it's the first time making one of these.

Forest Scamper
9CQ-GRD-KGF

I'm having some trouble with the switch's touchscreen, but it's fun so far. Remade a couple of my old levels to get used to the game, check them out:

5 Pink Coins - Yoshi's Escape!
>BLC-775-SRG
SMW style. Yoshi level for prison breaking. You need to help Yoshi through the level in some parts too.

Molehill Sawmill
>HN3-379-CVF
SMB3 style. There's two entrances to the mill, but it was made by the moles, so navigating is easier for small Mario.

>try to wall jump on a """Pro""" controller
>it reads it as down instead of left/right 90% of the time and makes me ground pound to my death
epic
it's also happening on my 8bitdo but only like 10% of the time

Attached: 2019-06-12 19_16_45-[HorribleSubs] Sarazanmai - 09 [1080p].mkv - mpv.jpg (137x121, 3K)

you and I both know youre not going to make that many good courses, user.

Attached: JON.jpg (253x238, 31K)

I posted it in another thread but it's apparently a disguised eceleb thread

I made a roulette for people who can't decide what to put in their levels. Let me know if it works okay
mm2roulette.neocities.org

Attached: 1397136083473.png (900x900, 204K)

Escape from castle Goldstein

Attached: goldstein.jpg (823x360, 33K)

The original upload was just more shit. There's literally no reason for that limit. Imagine Nexus mods telling everyone they could only upload 10 mods and they would have to delete a mod that a million people use to add a new one (and assume it would be gone forever to maintain parity for this analogy).

This is just good old Nintendo arbitrary bullshit.

Ok what tier do we put it? Have we reached a conclusion?

Attached: 30b14345a4ce5c2f5319be807253c51a8299af6dca32b289c55db5fd2b9e33c5.png (2450x1472, 2.61M)

oy vey

Attached: 1513184468150.png (356x480, 3K)

>have to clear level all the way through with no checkpoint to upload it
That's pretty bullshit man

Not gonna lie, this is pretty based and I'll be using it a lot tonight. Much love, user

If you've been testing your level regularly, you should be able to do this without much trouble. Also, you could make a level that requires a death to complete if you weren't forced to clear the whole level without starting from checkpoints.

Good. If you're going to make a casual-filter kaizo-tier level then you have to not be a casual yourself.

I'm about 95% certain the spike hitboxes are bigger in this MM2 than they are in MM1. As a result I'm finding it difficult to create survivable obstacles.

>create vine
>put a column of spikes on both sides
>try to crawl up it without clipping the edges

This was precise but very doable challenge in the first game and now I literally can't make it upwards without hitting the edges. Can someone else test this just to make sure it's not my controller or some other dumb shit?

Attached: 1539522545491.png (300x300, 49K)

God tier, of course

Nice level. Reminds me of the first few levels of actual mario games.

kept dying to bowser jr, trash level

you edited this since it was posted 2 threads ago yet the date is the same...hmmmm.....

4YG-TF8-HTF

Feedback appreciated

Tried making a blinking block level

TF3-Q57-05G

made to resemble the land of the livid dead from rayman origins
0FC-K8V-B3G

Attached: 1558145128058.png (926x1500, 1.8M)

git gud :^)

Why? One of Metroid Prime 2's lead devs couldn't even beat the boost ball boss without cheating.

Thanks, user. Even I, someone with no ideas, might be able to make something with this.

God tier.

My offering to you all
7LD-YNB-0FF

Attached: 181E92C6-13E8-44B1-9E8C-7784C1501347.jpg (400x533, 58K)

QSP NY2 RDG
My attempt at a traditional style airship level. hope people like it.

Hope you get some use out of it. One thing I should mention is that it doesn't support 3D World right now, might implement it later, but it'd be a bit of a hassle.

>Spike Spamming level
go fuck yourself.

I have mouth and I must shill. Here's my first level so far.
P90-Y5C-KTF

Attached: Stepping Stones.webm (1280x720, 1.05M)

Can you change your maker name once you've set it or is it permanent?

youtu.be/jyeGXxtK-Mw

Is he right?

Clever

Attached: 1528232447834.png (720x712, 676K)

I'm just testing shit you useless dumb oaf cocksucker shitface ass cancer

are you me? I also thought about using blinking blocks with the ants

N16 690 KPF

Pretty fun, actually. I thought it's going to be some bullshit when I saw the timer and realized I have no idea what I'm jumping into some of the time, but it flowed very naturally.

can i upload levels and play other peoples levels without having an online membership?

>using the snake block things to manipulate thwomps
we can abuse this

Attached: 1539723938384.png (528x506, 155K)

Why isn't Ultimate in God Tier?

Do I make a Mii that resembles myself or a cute girl?

>32 levels max uploads per user
>jumping/gravity/midair control physics the same throughout all 4 mario styles
>stylus DLC required if you enjoy fast food
>slopes aren't slopy enough
>no amiibo powerups
>online versus laggy as FUCK
>can't easily look for friends' levels
>level physics tied down to level themes like ice and low gravity
>lots of advanced mario platforming tech removed
>yoshi not a playable option
>story mode too long
>some fuckface on twitch is RIGHT NOW trying to make a battle royale level for the game
>peach not a playable option
>no option to give mario, luigi, toad, and gay toad different unique jump mechanics
>still no mario 2 theme/pick up mechanic

it's SHIT

Attached: mario.png (2490x1542, 1.05M)

367 HTD 21G

Mario attempts to enter your home.

Pick on your maker and theres an option there to change Name

I spend 20 minutes creating the best level ever, and then accidentally deleted it, because I thought I could save it when pressing the "save robot", or what ever it's called in american.
Now I'm too afraid to make more levels, in case I'll accidentally delete them again.

Attached: 1514873120785.png (861x889, 853K)

>LGPE in different slots and both aren’t in shit tier
fuck off

Oh shit brother that's intelligent. I was confused when I first played this tileset because I forgot you can actually stand on thwomps in 3DW

>stealth e-celeb thread variant deleted
There's your answer. They're not video games.

Also, the game is neato.

I'm on vacation. I'm picking it up from bestbuy on my way home tomorrow. If it's not fun I'll kill the user above my post in his sleep.

HEWWO PWEEZE PWAY MY VERY FORST WEVEW
1HN-WPF-V1G

Attached: 1470257913109.jpg (1280x720, 113K)

I kek’d

Attached: 51A8C6EC-7881-401E-97FB-54D5DD6ADC68.jpg (661x634, 264K)

705-SR3-VNF
a swinging claw level i tried to make
second ever level created

>online versus laggy as FUCK
>can't easily look for friends' levels

I agree with this two , rest of them is autistic drivel

You can save it when you click on the robot. What did you do wrong? Also rule of thumb while creating absolutely anything inside of a program is to save often.

I feel like the "boss fight" could be improved a bit. considering you start with a fire flower it's way too easy, the floor above it was more threatening. after the first bomb explodes on each side you are in no danger at all.
It wouldn't take much but maybe something like a canon or two to keep you on your toes.

Attached: 1535856925367.gif (400x270, 2.01M)

I pressed one of the save slots at the robot, and it loaded up a new, completely empty level.

Gonna check those out now user!

Bros please I need someone to play my level and call it shit

Attached: 5A959AD6-AD54-44C5-8E23-44AAADFF530B.jpg (750x727, 401K)

>slopes aren't slopy enough

Attached: 1541440798685.gif (499x276, 463K)

Really cool level, using a unique mechanic and generally tightly designed, props

>someone actually liked the fucking thing i threw together in 20 min
now i wanna see if i can make a full length livid dead run
thanks user

Attached: 1559419100788.png (196x197, 34K)

Try my stage out
KY9-QJX-4WF

pls respond

Attached: IMG-20180925-WA0056.jpg (1200x1599, 231K)

you can not

Thanks user, always looking to make my levels more challenging but keeping it fair too! Appreciate the feedback!

>can't play as Waluigi
WHAT WERE THEY THINKING!?

Attached: 1561467952344.jpg (480x360, 10K)

Nope.

You sure you didn't accidentally click load?

did a level last night 0 plays when i checked today so I deleted it and then extended it a bit. I normally like to plan ahead on paper but wanted to mess w/ the maker so it's freehand garbage

RD1-510-VRG

tell me how shit it is Yea Forums

Isn’t there a way to up the limit if you get enough stars? That’s the way the first game worked but you only had 10 slots to work with at first.

2 questions:
Are all creation tools/parts unlocked from the start?
What does finishing story mode give you?

yeah i know how fine the line between too easy and too hard can be, so i understand how tricky boss fights can be to make into interesting fights.

Well, I had been looking for a save option, and this was the best bet, but because the interface and controls are so fucking confusing and infuriating I end up doing shit I didn't intend to all the time in this game.

How long is the story?

8F5-W0K-1HG
This one is a pretty standard Mario course with mushrooms and Koopa's. Jon from Gamexplain seemed to like it so I expect a two hour analysis on it.

QDW-B5J-JNG
This one is a pretty tricky walljumping course.

G8T-1YS-CTG
Eight various challenges you have to beat in 100 seconds.

CS4-V7T GPG
This one is about toxic fish.

>Are all creation tools/parts unlocked from the start?
all except 2 powerups
>What does finishing story mode give you?
2 powerups

I'm super shit at 2D Mario now after not playing it for so long. Weird because I still play other platformers.

>botw mid tier just because of the Yea Forums hivemind
>Mario U anything but trash
>Hyrule Warriors that low
>xeno and pokken in top
>Odyssey not god
>Mario and Rabbids also mid
>Lets gos in different tiers
God damn I knew Yea Forums had shit taste but this is beyond words

Attached: builder.jpg (309x303, 15K)

Thanks user!

Time to make fish desert

Attached: Yt7Di0o.png (572x441, 17K)

Can you even create that many maps much less upload it for other people to play? At the very least, it clears up a bit of the eventual clutter since if you only upload 32 maps max, you would take out all the bad maps.

Any tips for making good puzzle boss fights?

I always love those levels where you have a one room boss fight where you have to make some objects interact with others like blow up a bomb by throwing a shell at a noteblock and stuff like that. I want to make my own

What are some object interactions to keep in mind? What items work well for this kind of stuff? How do I get creative?

Attached: 1556867287692.png (754x773, 406K)

fuck you for that hidden whomp on top at the start of the level

Tetris99 can't really be a true exclusive anymore since they had announced a literal 'Tetris Royale' for smartphones.

>Tropical Freeze is god tier

What the fuck? There hasn't been a good Donkey Kong game since the DKC trilogy

T34-MNG-2NF

(Mario is going inside the bone zone)
Basically a small ice themed level somewhere in space

The Sky Throned Goomba, a short enemy hell level.
4YO-8SL-LPF
I tried to make it tough without coming off as spammy bullshit and have a nice theme to it.
It's my first level since I never got into the first one and I'd like to at least get someone to play it.
Also search the intro if you need an extra hit to tank or want a better chance at getting the true ending.

Attached: 1560187826576.jpg (184x184, 17K)

your two thowps at the begginig keep interacting with the buttons at the same time and I keep dying

I made a couple more levels, can I get some feedback on them?

Coin Ball Bash: 1KP - 7FQ - FQF

Bullet Festival: HV0 - 64L - 2NF

Attached: luigi.gif (384x270, 25K)

not too bad actually. I died a couple of times due to me being retarded, but it's a pretty straightforward easy level.

Quite a pleasant stroll. The gap between the first two seesaws gave me a bit of trouble for a second, but I'm not sure if that was due to the distance or me just jumping at the wrong time. Probably the latter. Liked the use of claws and the rising/falling water.

C0B-52Q-4MG:
Updated version of my most popular course from MM1.

Gonna shill my levels real quick if anyone’s interested.

STM-RKD-M9G Bounce and Swing Jungle

DYB-0WM-DYF Super Maker Hill

>laggy online every match
>someone leaves
>suddenly its okay
why can't they just enforce good connections from the start

I’m not really worried about the limit, I was just asking.

C00-8GB-RWG
Why is the SMB3 Snow Night Theme so damn comfy?

stop posting this bait tier list every damn thread

The thing is, the fact you do get online matches where it doesn't lag shows something is working and not quite broken with their online. They really should give an option to let people with wired connections play with other people only with wired connections.

I finished about half a level, but I don't want to upload the whole thing until it's finished. For what I have so far, what could be done better? I feel like I hit a road block on the upper portion with the car.

Attached: p1.jpg (4050x666, 895K)

The game is a lot of un, I had a blast creating all sorts of retarded levels with my 8 yo nephew, and we were laughing the entire time, but I still need to get the hang of the UI and creator controls.
What I dislike is that there's no choice but to use one joycon each for the 2 player creator, since I have a Pro Controller which I would much prefer to use.

Attached: 365788.png (759x1032, 566K)

Why are the player made courses so nonsensical?

70R-3BL-M2G
Never made a level, but I tried.

I played it and it is actually pretty shit

As solid as the level itself is, is there any song that even slightly resembles the mournful tone that the Livid Dead theme from Origins has? The song was a big part of why it was my favourite level in pretty much any game.

Attached: 1524698516342.gif (680x687, 460K)

ICY CONDITIONS
YHC-61B-PNG

I’ve been enjoying it immensely. Still shakin off some of the rust but it’s been a blast making levels again. As well as playing the stuff you guys post lotta good shit to be played here

Attached: 9CF59FD1-F64F-4A34-BB8B-1E826CCF02C8.jpg (1280x720, 132K)

Seems like a hard limit for the time being. However I do think this is only in effect for around a month or so to stem the tidal wave of new maps being uploaded every hour since it's quite obvious most people wouldn't play this for more than a month or so before they move on to something else.

Coins are always a good to have, they can help guide players and just give them an extra thing to keep them occupied in a level.

this game is really making me realize how good 3D World's soundtrack was

ID doesn't work

I've just been loading up you guys' level codes and not made a thing yet. Enjoying myself a lot. Thanks for the fun Friday, guys.

Attached: 3001280 - MarmaladeMum Princess_Daisy Super_Mario_Bros..jpg (808x1151, 63K)

How are levels right now? Are there shitty levels already?

Attached: 81-815205_question-face-blinking-emoji-emoji-angry-png-transparent.jpg (840x918, 197K)

My first level. To get used to the controls again I remade an old level from the first game with some added tweaks and edits. It's pretty straightforward and not that hard, I just focus on making a level as "real" and pretty looking as I can. No troll levels or random bullshit.

I'll play some of the levels in this thread now.

Attached: glimmering grotto.jpg (1200x675, 98K)

the soundtrack is the best part of the game. That ost was fucking unreal.

Bullet Festival was pretty nice if a bit easy, I did like the little extra paths and the Boom Boom boss fight with the bees thrown in there.

Fun Minigames:

Firefighter
LDQ-9QS-8LG

Sisyphus
7Q2-MS5-VRG

Bombsketball
8PM-NGH-1R7

Mario Construction: Fast & Cheap
4FV-HYW-XDF

Attached: simonsuitsamus.png (1180x1319, 1.15M)

Whoops
C00-8GD-RWG is the correct one. It's meant to be a spiritual successor of sorts to a "snow" level I made in the previous game.

I haven't heard anything like it except in other Rayman games. It's even worse knowing that ||Rémi Gazel, the guy who did the ost of Rayman 1 passed not too long ago||

Attached: 99f.png (632x898, 861K)

>it's a ghost house level

Attached: 1545806141610.png (300x309, 16K)

First time playing a MM game, I just played through Super Mario World on a snes mini before this... I feel like you hold momentum WAYYY too far when you run in this game. Like, after letting go of pressing right, Mario will slide for a while. Is this how it was in MM1? Its fucking me up because the movement was a lot different in SMW. It's like every version of Mario has the same basic movement as Mario 3d, just with different assets

>that spoiler fuckup
how did I autopilot that hard

Attached: 1535852630298.png (512x368, 273K)

The god tiers are literally wii u games.

hey user i love rayman origins and when i get this game i'll be sure to play your level

its ok man i did too but im too stoned to care. man i fuckin love this game i missed playin mario maker

You’re supposed to use the thwomps individually

ok I finally beat it, the whomp part gets pretty easy once you know how to deal with it
it wasn't that bad

>Mario Construction: Fast & Cheap
What is the goal here?

PLAY MY FUCKING LEVEL please
>Clown Car Chase: Clown Heaven
DHK-CCX-V4G

HONK HONK

all these red wigglers REEE

really good shit user, liked 'n' followed

does the Spin Jump in 3D World do anything? It doesn't feel like it does

Attached: 1399946237075.jpg (263x280, 9K)

Hit the checkpoint and working on the second half but this is actually pretty rad and a good challenge.

>bounce and swing
Super fun, clever idea and well executed. Only that stair case at the beginning of the level tripped me up cause just walking on it makes you fail. Might want to keep that in mind for idiots like me.

>super maker hill
Pretty well done, though the ending feels a bit rushed.

You're pretty talented tbqh

>coin ball bash
That one 30 coin in the subarea is a bit tricky to get, aside from that it's fun enough.

>bullet festival
Pretty good. That finale made me scared it was gonna be much longer but it ended right when it needed to.

G6B-23W-HXG. First level, smw. Thematic snow level with some little challenges. Maybe it's bit more difficult to finish than I thought. I need more testers and feedback!

do you still unlock stuff over time like in the first or do you have everything from the start?

You have almost everything from the start. There are only two power-ups gated behind story mode.

In the original game, you could increase your upload slots all the way to 100 if you got enough stars. I imagine there might be a similar process for the new game.

705-Q8G-FTG
Easy level.

BVH-MRX-PFF
Not so easy level.

Attached: 1487492916813.gif (360x414, 2M)

small gripe, but if you hit the life mushroom in the sky area the wrong direction it goes down the pipe and you lose it. if you moved the blocks like a space left it would fall on top of the pipe, leading the player to the coins there.
nice level otherwise

ALL RIGHT YOU FUCKING FAGGOTS STOP PUTTING FUCKING CLAWS IN LEVELS. I'M TIRED OF YOU FUCKING AUTISTIC FAGGOTS THINKING THAT SWINGING AROUND IS FUCKING FUN AND NOT THE FUCKING WORST CANCER IN THIS GAME. FUCK I'LL TAKE 500 AUTOMARIO LEVELS BEFORE ANOTHER FUCKING CLAW GIMMICK LEVEL

Attached: 1453562794618.jpg (554x527, 38K)

Thanks, I really appreciate any feedback on the levels. Super Maker Hill was more of a test run level than anything else while bounce and swing took a few hours to get right, I was pretty happy with how it turned out.

thanks, it was meant to be comfy but mildly challenging

Not in the mood to play but based on the webm and comments I DL'd and followed

Do I need to pay for Nintendo online to download maps? Fuck niggers btw

Really good! Nice idea, good flow, lots of care put into the aesthetic and balance. Small touches like having all yellow pipes contain munchers and having four Clown Cars instead of only one really shows a amount of care you don't often see in SMM levels.

No problem. I could definitely tell you put a lot of effort into that level.

Of course you do.

>he can’t into claw platforming

do you have to unlock clear conditions? it's not letting me hit R to go to the other set... or is it not available in certain themes?

>Do I need to pay for Nintendo online to download maps?
Ofcourse you do
>Fuck niggers btw
Based and Redpilled

I'm trying to make a end of Halo:CE warthog run but i'm not creative enough

depending on what you add to your levels , clear conditions are gonna show

It's so fucking hard to make levels. I'm not creatively inspired at all. I can't even look at good levels for inspiration or I'll end up just subconsciously copying them.

These tiny ass jumps are killing me

eh, I wish I could just set what they are before deciding... like I wanted to do coins but hadn't placed coins in the level yet so it didnt appear.

^_____^ thanks for playing it!

Attached: 1386940540598.png (258x314, 29K)

do it

This Set yourself some limitations and mess around in the editor for a while, it's better for ideas than trying to come up with stuff purely in your head. Believe in me who believes in you!

Attached: 9d2.jpg (559x720, 58K)

Glad you liked it, user.

Attached: 1392893070387.jpg (500x499, 105K)

anyone got a list of hidden unlockables and shit for making levels?

The Super Flower and the Hammer, that seems to be it.

tfw i just want to play comfy SMB3 levels with no gimmicks

Is there any way at all to play with friends online?

The Mummy's Tomb
W27-5SF-K6G

Attached: nina why are you like this.jpg (348x533, 76K)

These are really good! Followed

Is it normal that no one is playing my level? When I search for new ones, every level has some hearts after some minutes. Mine has zero plays.

I'll go on record and say that ultra-low jumps with hazards overhead is the most frustrating design element in any level.

>that second part
i want to commit die

yeah, but I see levels online containing like effects such as low gravity and stuff and no way to place them in my own courses

Thanks, I'll be sure to include those just before goal

Those are night theme gimmicks

It takes a while to update.

Crouch jumping makes it pretty easy and consistent.

t. first clear

Could you make an alternative for Mario Maker 1 ?

man i've had this course up for over 12 hours now and still not a single play. I guess without the amiibo costumes nobody cares about endless mode.

Supposedly playing other peoples' levels improves the odds of yours showing up in the feed and endless challenge cues, though that could just be wishful thinking.

so many levels based on pyramids man

I don't have Mario Maker 1, so I can't really check what items are in.

This game is all fuckrd up because the physics and momentum are all wrong. Mario feels like he is constantly on ice

you need to get at least one like and its gonna start showing on other peoples search

I made a level yesterday nite, no one played it until I sent it to my friend and he gave it a like , after that is has been almost like a snowball effect

XR7-NGG-V0H

If you like an adventure, play this.

This is temporary to limit the amount of "month 1 trash" made by people who stop playing very soon that'll forever haunt the coursebot and endless mario mode.
In the end, this results in endless mario having higher quality levels for years to come.

Attached: 1466063537331.jpg (343x352, 60K)

CHAOTIC SKIES
97L-TMP-BHF

>everyone out there already making dozens of stages and shit
>meanwhile I'm here and after finishing the tutorial lessons first things first I'm only about halfway into the story right now
>haven't made any course yet

Attached: 4.gif (340x300, 33K)

Most people are playing the most popular/trending map (for good reason since they're very creative and good), not to mention your one map is going against thousands of other new maps as well. Give it awhile, eventually, people will start checking out new maps instead of most popular ones.

It's mario U physics

There's no wrong pace to have fun at.

Very fun level user, design wise it looks great too

stop gorilla slamming the button

What if I'm missing out on the initial star rush though

That's fine. This game will have legs like the previous SMM so your map will get finished and played in due time.

Is it possible to make levels where you have to take a toad to the goal like in the story mode?
Also how is this Buried Stones mission one star what exactly am I missing

I dont want mario u physics when I am playing a smb3 or smw level

>Will probably never make a course
>Will play all of everyone elses good or bad.
Thanks for giving me infinite content everyone

Nintendo decided it would confuse zoomers to have different physics so they make the physics uniform across all games.

Just played it, pretty good work

Will you even play mine?
I'm planning on making a stage that is basically a "best of" for all the annoying infuriating things we've seen in Mario Maker 1, put into a gauntlet one after the other.

I'll call it something like "Welcome to hell"

I have checked the themes and I cant locate how to do the gimmicks
like for example I want tto make a jungle level have poisin water like I have seen others have but I cant seem to locate it

My levels

thanks, i feel like i cheated though, since it's nearly a 1:1 copy of a level i made in the first game. I liked it so much i wanted to remake it in this one.

I’m stuck on the Keymaster level in story mode. It says I can complete it with 4 keys but where is the end of the stage? I can’t hit the Koopa Clown Car to save my own life.

Go back to the start of the stage with a p switch

I'm playing around with a few tiny speed levels. I've only uploaded one so far

53F 790 NFG

My second course. I think this one turned out better.
THS-SR4-48G

Then dont give me the illusion of different styles.

>Play versus mode
>It's an unplayable lagfest
Never again

Alright, I'm home from work. Time to play through some a these levels, I'll give feedback for each one.

Also I'm biased towards SMB cause I like the aesthetic, so if you've made any SMB levels or played some good ones, I'd like to have the codes for em.

Attached: Underground Example.png (1795x749, 13K)

I forgot how comfy and fun making levels in mario maker was

Attached: 1548041874418.jpg (298x282, 8K)

Okay I'm ashamed as fuck but I need help here.
I can't dodge the twister, how do I get the coins?

Goddamn this is embarrassing.

Attached: D-L2bQlarge.jpg (1280x720, 167K)

no , those are unique to story mode

>SMM2 has "maker names" that are separate from miis/accounts

god fucking dammit Ninty, why are you so shit when it comes to online?

Fucking A+ aesthetics, but could really use checkpoints or a power up

To the right past the ' ' blocks.

The month 1 maps are the best one retard

Oh yeah i forgot you people only care about le auto scroll music levelz!

I mostly posted it as a joke but this was actually surprisingly fun to make, making such a weird combination of items work.
YH7-X31-HLF
Here's an SMB Desert one!

Do you need online to access multiplayer levels?

Thank you so much user, I wish I could buy you a drink.

just run straight through it

No can do, the twister blasts you to the platform above, always

Not him
Sounds cool

>Also how is this Buried Stones mission one star what exactly am I missing
Yoshi's tongue can take a stone from inside a wall like four blocks deep

I cannot for the life of me get used to using the controller to create

I think you might be overestimating Nintendo's technical ability. Please don't look into how awful they actually are with tech. You will undoubtedly have an existential crisis riddled with cognitive dissonance and you WILL have a mental breakdown in the thread and mindlessly spout memes at me with an inability to comprehend what it is you learned.

Anyone else really like the story mode stages?
They've given me SO many ideas already and I'm not even halfway in.

The Undodog ones are all fucking A+
That dry bones shell night forest one with the creepy greyscale filter on top was top notch atmosphere holy shit.
I also loved the "don't jump" one where you have to dodge chain chomps running wild.

God, just thinking about the options you have in this game from just 3 additions alone, namely vertical stages, clear conditions and night themes makes me so excited. That about quintuples the possibilities compared to SMM1 already.

Just buy a stylus they're like 10 dollars.

Just use the stylus that you got with your preorder.

Use the moon. Take the sun and then switch it out.

Then I have to test on that shitty screen

how do i do the last part of on/off koopa trooper with the giant koopa?

That one Mr. Eraser stage where you trigger sideways thwomps to kill spinies who are the clear condition was so fucking clever

FUCK that wiggler level is cancer but I'm loving it I'm determined to get that clear.

I’m working on a desert level designed with 4 players in mind to race. There’s 3 powerups at the start that I’m trying to incorporate into the level design so that each of them have their own advantages depending on which powerup they grabbed, or in one case didn’t grab. All 4 try and race deep down into a crypt full of traps and 2 branching paths that connect with one another.

I really like it, never played the original. Even bought online for it (Well I wanted to play Virtua Racing online but this also relies on it heavily). Just trying to 100% the story first before I move on to playing online, this game has infinite replayability.

I've really had fun with them too, and after completing the castle I've played a couple of them when I've felt I want something that's going to be fun and honest for sure, as I feel I tend to give up on player courses a tad too easily.

Making stages for multiplayer must be a nightmare since you can only playtest it locally on your own.
How does that even work man
Do you just have to guesstimate whether it'll work well in co-op.

This may be a retarded question, but how do I make the camera go up? Like when I make a level that goes upward, Mario just gets cramped at the top and the camera never adjusts upward.

Sorry I'm late but yeah I'll play it even if I can't manage to beat it

I'm in the same position right now, the lessons took a while to get through. The story is really great though, some of the levels are really nuts.

Posting level again for new people

T34-MNG-2NF

Also I want to ask about this one too. I know you can get 6 keys from the 6 different warp pipes in the underground area, plus another key when yu take the p block up to get rid of the four blocks in front of the door, but I think I'm still a key or two short of getting the 'true' ending? Not sure where they could be, I thought I'd covered all my bases.

Attached: 8E0EC7AE-5D77-4816-AD35-C55296109764.jpg (1280x720, 171K)

I just try and make sure each powerup has its own advantage throughout the level, so if you’re clever enough you can get a step ahead. You do have to swap around powerups a lot but I just make sure that there’s enough space for four players otherwise so it won’t get cramped.

Build stairs using the pow-blocks so you can progress.

I havent touched the story mode that much because honestly I dont want to draw inspiritation from those, everyone has those levels so just grabbing something they played there wont surprise them that much

I already played several games where people just copy pasted whatever they saw in story mode

>tfw actually got stumped by that underground "bring 1 stone with you" level where you eat the stone with Yoshi
>didn't even consider going to the other side to grab it again when it is bouncing on the note block

christ

I'm apparently competent enough to breeze through endless levels on easy, but too shit to make it past three or four on normal

The seventh key is through a pipe you haven't touched yet.

That's not even needed

Oh right, I can put stuff down without throwing. I barely do that.

Anyone know what the cutoff points are for levels in SMM2? Is it this?
>easy
100-35
>normal
35-5
>expert
5-1
>super expert
1 and under

Same. We just need to git gud

>tfw want the cosmetics but im bad so i wont be able to
this makes me so irrationally angry

Attached: 1560128849489.gif (300x169, 737K)

I'm digging "don't jump" stages. In SMM1 you had to make insanely complex contraptions with off-screen thwomps and shit to make Captain Toad levels.

Now it's so easy.

But you can't even be Captain Toad...

is there a way to view if anyone played my level and what they said? i shared my first one this morning

Does anyone else agree that the story mode writing is too good to be in mario maker?

check your profile and uplaoded stages but you should have seen something already, the game keeps throwing you notifications everytime someone plays your game or gives you likes

I don't know how this happened but I went to bed and woke up and now this level of mine has 3000+ likes and 8000+ plays with 700+ comments. Holy shit.

I hope they like my next one.

Attached: Ant Colony.jpg (1280x720, 118K)

You usually get notified if someone commented or played your level automatically

Cool tech
twitter.com/The_Mario_Man/status/1144702771431501825?s=19

>caring about writing in a videogame

No one played your stage hahaha no one will EVER play it
All that effort
FOR NOTHING

Attached: 152784478531.png (1039x559, 261K)

It's a cute little stage
>tfw I was very briefly world record holder

guess im adding this to my next level

Attached: 1539404932023.jpg (522x522, 110K)

>No one played my level yet
>I uploaded it 3 hours ago

Is it lost forever in the sea of other levels?

Attached: 1561427108153.jpg (500x375, 27K)

>only just started playing
>the ghost house stage where you have to choose between POW, P Switch, or Spring to complete different rooms to get keys

this shit is amazing and so fucking well thought out.

>he thinks month 1 levels are better than the crazy levels we have now in MM1

Do people unironically enjoy puzzle levels

Imagine not having creative juices flowing through your veins 24/7, to the point you have to pull yourself away from the game otherwise you'll get sucked into the endless machinations of your own fervent mind. Are Playfags even human? Or mere soulless automatons?

Attached: pooh2.png (500x578, 73K)

Do people enjoy small one-challenge levels?

Basically, you start, there's one cool thing you have to do which might be tricky, and that's it.

Here's my first level, will play a few other user levels and give feedback in a bit.

3LR-03D-T1G

Been loving it so far but they need to do something about the atrocious online lag, 3/4 matches it's having to fight against someones BR internet

>finished my first level
>cleverly enough designed though a bit bulletspam-heavy
>want to rake in (you)s and sit back in comfort on my couch
>but I cant, because I have to wait until tomorrow to buy the Nintendobux to get Switch Online, and my entire schedule for the day is filled already

Attached: 1559439273377.png (289x435, 215K)

>Great Galoomba's Great Sky Tower: XF0-57J-QWG

It did ramp up in difficulty near the end, but there wasn't anything exciting. Just climbin up vines.

>Mario Construction: Fast & Cheap: 4FV-HYW-XDF

There's somethin to this idea, but it needs more tension. Like a pipe with goombas comin out, that should be enough to make it stressful since you'd have to dodge em. And if there's too many, throw down a pow block. But don't make it a total pain in the ass like koopas or some shit.

>Goomba Mountain: B8N-SNM-XQG

Hey not bad. Level's kinda static, though, would have been nice to climb up some of those last vines with koopas hovering up and down on both sides.

>Molehill Sawhill: HN3-379-CVF

That was a decent enough challenge. Liked it.

>5 Pink Coins- Yoshi's Escape: BLC-775-SRG

I totally missed the first SMM so puzzles like this actually get me. Took me three and a half minutes, hahaha. Good job.

>XR7-NGG-V0H

This one was actually pretty atmospheric. Switch stuff that actually felt okay. Nice goin.

What's a good make-shift stylus? Or am I going to have to buy a real one? I'm currently living in Tokyo so I don't know where I can, maybe Bic.

Attached: prairie cat.png (237x249, 101K)

It takes me like 9 hours to make a 3 minute long level I'm content with and people usually end up not liking it anyway. As long as you're enjoying yourself, who cares. There's so much trash uploaded constantly you should never feel bad about anything you make.

I love them. The kind of "you might have to try many dozens of times but then you get it and it's really cool" stages. Good if you can just instantly restart and don't have to go through a lengthy level beforehand.

Everyone has ignored this one so far,

ICY CONDITIONS
YHC-61B-PNG

How do you see the ID of a course you've already uploaded?

Don't worry user, that tripped me up hard too.

KURZ UND KNACKIG

Anything that works on a phone will work with your Switch. I don't know that the Japanese equivalent of Best Buy is, but you should be able to find a stylus in just about any tech store.

Still sealed on my desk

How do you create a room where the camera wont scroll? Box rooms sometimes work and sometimes wont

Attached: 1560642910192.png (946x906, 1.22M)

Hit Y when at the course world main menu

Wario Land 1 remake user here again. Rice Beach 4 is finally done, and took some thinking to figure out how to make it work due to the shit in both ends of the level Mario can't otherwise get past. But hope you lads enjoy, so please give it a playthrough and (you) if you can.

Rice Beach 4: 5PQ-MC8-BYG

Made a level for five hours! Would really appreciate feedback on it - themed puzzle platformer: HST-W61-KTF

I want to make a level that is so atrociously bad, infuriating and shit that it's actually fun again

Ideas?

Attached: 1369323766794.png (450x662, 148K)

Anyone gotten themselves any medals yet? I'm trying for the Endless Expert medal. Expected to get something at 16, but no dice.

It's shit I returned it and my switch

>autoscroller level with a poison mushroom following me
HELP

Attached: 1560694644134.jpg (1280x720, 227K)

Do you need online membership to play and share levels?

It's really weird, you have to be very specific with the box you fill in and make sure it goes fully around and high enough so it registers.
I find it best to fill out a little extra then trim the fat once I find exactly where the game want the box to work right.

Honestly, kind of just annoying
>50 coins clear condition makes people take their time
>But you put enemy-spamming pipes that can't even be cleared with the fire flower you placed
>First section is literally pointless
>Making the first mushroom a pain to get for no reason
I stopped on the music block part because I wasn't having much fun especially with the enemy spam section.

What the fuck? You made something that isn't just a shitpost? Good job user I'm proud of you

Attached: 1465718167315.png (320x240, 105K)

76Q-5Q1-7DF

It's meant to be a fun level! Give it a whirl anons, I am sure you will have a fun time!

Attached: 1561344961432.gif (540x400, 898K)

>Firefighter: LDQ-9Q5-8LG
It's a neat idea, but I just couldn't keep up with all that fire. Liked it anyway.

>Sisyphus: 7Q2-MS5-VRG

Combine the following:
>claw swing course
>don't land on the ground clear condition
>homing bullet bills
>hammer bros

Just started playing. Played some pretty cozy levels so far. Online has been super laggy though so I’m staying away from that.

How do you leave a message in a level? I see a lot of messages while playing a level but I’m not sure how you do this

Kaizo, but you don't want to go there, trust me. Just make bouncy fun levels like normal people.

I made a short speedrun level (30s timer) and my initial consideration after completing it was that it may have been too simple. 3 people have tried it so far for a total of 15 attempts and only one has managed to complete it. He did leave a like though, so that made me feel good.
RLV-QV5-6DF if you want to try

Attached: 1553462271835.png (600x400, 505K)

>neocities

Attached: 1497936156596.gif (450x324, 882K)

Holy fuck the multiplayer is one big lagfest

Did they playtest this shit?

can some nice nintendo ne'er-do-wells gift me mario maker

He's here that's why

Attached: giphy (4).gif (480x270, 799K)

>people boo everything that isn't an easy traditional stage
on one hand, the quality of levels you run into is MASSIVELY better than in SMM1 on average
On the other hand, rip challenging stages, troll stages, funny stages etc. because dying = BOO

This made me chuckle because I can imagine it happening to me as a kid. Save up my money for something expensive and get it all set up and get constantly rekt and go back to my old shitty controller that I'm used to lol.

I have no idea what's a good webhost in 2019

Cute level, user. The clown copter room could use some sprucing up, and coins would be a help in leading the player, but good platform placements.

The condition was something I was unsure about, and I think I mostly included it because it was new. I also think I'll slow down the pipes. Could you elaborate on how the first section is pointless?

user, who wants to play Endless Mode on the first day?

God it's so disappointing that the new Atari box was nothing. I wish it was actually a real console even if it ended up being shit just for the meme posts.

>Pokemon Go in mid tier

Stop reposting this shitty bait you fucking retard

Anyone?

Minus button, I think.

Reeks of a level that you playtested by running through in a specific way over and over.
The first section is mostly just annoying, there isn't anything fun about making precision jumps over spinies on slopes. The second section's a much better concept, but the problem is that you have to either rush through in one go (which just doesn't work) or take your time and eat ass to all the flying spikes. Make it more fair, maybe turn the 2nd section into its own level that starts with simple flying enemies then ramps up to flying spinies.

Shilling my first two levels.

Starlight Floodplains
>Easy, but filled with optional challenges
Y52-JW4-8QG

Pokey Memorial
>Easy in the first half, harder in the second.
FF0-MML-DQF

Bought it to play with my 4 year old daughter. Absolute trash. It's clearly designed for autistic 20 somethings. The level creator feels less intuitive than fucking Unreal did in 1998. The story mode is too hard for a kid. I wish I knew I was too old and she was too young to enjoy it. Have fun though, manbabies. You got a simplistic game with a needlessly janky level editor made just for you.

Attached: 1326472489239.jpg (408x333, 30K)

The level flows really awkwardly and the clear path isn't really that well directed to the player.
Use coins and objects to guide the player a bit better toward the optimal path.
This is especially funky in the middle where there is like three paths and all three aren't fast flowing
That's really important for a speedrun level. Also having to wait for a bomb to blow up a wall at the end of a 30s level is a bit of a momentum killer if you want the player to feel fast and the level to flow well.
That being said it's a really good effort and there is a lot of fun stuff going on with how you decorated the level, which is nice since most creators don't put thought into that and you did try some different stuff that I don't see in most generic speedrun levels.
Keep on trying.

>Switch blocks levels with 4 players

Attached: 1561334704432.jpg (1268x884, 135K)

>how is the first section pointless
imo mm levels should be designed around one or two specific concepts - that ideally take advantage of how complex the systems get. so something as simple as "here's a stage based around standing on horizontal thwomps". when you don't have a theme, the more generic platforming sections don't really stand out - or rather, your use of distinct elements in them stands out more. so why is there a pipe that spits giant goombas at the beginning that can just be easily avoided? i guess maybe it foreshadows the annoying enemy pipes, but that didn't feel like the theme of the level to me.

Fuck off, Tropical Freeze was great. Almost as good as DKC2 and better than the other games in the original trilogy.

it's designed for normie Japanese moms

80% are speedrun garbage exactly like the ones from the first game

Bookmarked

Attached: 1512662651943.png (550x550, 109K)

I only consume, I never create

>look at death markers
>tons of deaths in one spot where I wasn't expecting it
>finally notice a flaw in the level that was misguiding people
>feel like an asshole
>can't edit it
This is torture

>story level actually showcases a kind of crane game course
hell yeah

The absolute b8 of this image

I cannot fucking make a noscroll room for the life kf me, can anyone here with a level that has one post their box dimensions? Im getting pissed off right now

Attached: scream.gif (216x150, 1.98M)

My biggest complaint is all night modes have the same fucking background, and you are forced to use the shitty gimmick. What were they thinking? I really hope they change this in an update.

New toys and new features go a long way. Now add the fucking playable princesses and space clown

The jank begins

Just garbage design in general lad.

actually, if you want to see what i mean, just play this person's levels. i've only played the 1st but it demonstrates exactly what i'm talking about.

Can't speak for everyone, but I'm fucking having a blast with endless mode. I love seeing the absolute shit people come up with, but there's just not any excitement without the limited lives.

Why can't you edit it?

definitely this. Basically you want a primary theme, a secondary theme, and enough gaps between them that it doesn't feel like you're doing one long jumping puzzle but rather several in quick succession.

worth it Yea Forums? Stuck between this or odyssey

why are there retarded non-goombas in this game? what's the point?

>some hobby programmer manages to optimize a 75 player battle royal mario game

>nintendo can't even manage to pull off a 4 player multiplayer mario game

pathetic

>finish story mode
>"you completed all jobs as Mario"
So how do you select other characters in story mode?

>usually play my switch in portable mode
>tfw you are forced to use the touchscreen to make levels if you are playing in portable mode
I didnt even fucking know the switch had a touchscreen until now

Too hard

I left a funny comment tho

To give a fun variation to the goomba

They act like red koopas, but for goombas.

Same bro

Here is the second level I've made. Mostly just experimenting with the 3D world, but I tried to make it not hot garbage

H4H-H2V-54G

Lol dummy

hows the online bros?

That depends, do you prefer 2D or 3D Mario

S99-4J4-YQG

I made a short, exploration based level. Any advice, lads? I was thinking of adding a super mushroom as some people might find it too difficult.

Attached: thwomps.jpg (1280x720, 254K)

Shilling for my levels because they barely have any plays on them

WB7-TFQ-KTF

R0P-SJS-YDF

LVT-H09-4HG

My friends say I made it too hard. I guess it’s hard to tell your own difficulty. I’m at work so I can’t play any levels so don’t feel obligated to try it out

Absolutely horrendous. A shitty fucking lagfest

never played a 3d mario game. Last time I playd a 2d maio game was 12 years ago. The choice is killing me I hate being a poorfag.

Attached: 1560738573216.jpg (468x430, 50K)

Imagine trying to click through a powerpoint underwater

I also forgot to mention that I fucking hate making levels with the touchscreen
not only does it make my screen smudged as fuck with fingerprints, but I all my fingers may as well be more thumbs

Shit, posted by accident.

>Sisyphus: 7Q2-MS5-VRG
Another clever idea. Liked it. Can't help but feel like there's somethin more this could have, not sure what.

>Timed Wallkicks!: JF9-VGC-6QG
This one's halfway there, beat blocks and wallkicks is a good combination. Liked it. As a failsafe against a fucked up wallkick or the beat blocks I'd recommend a paratroopa hovering somewhere so the player can save themselves, but not bypass the challenge.

>Snowy Coin Hunt: 41Q-22Y-28G
It was okay. Kinda wish more would have been done with the vertical space.

>Forest Scamper: 9CQ-GRD-KGF
Didn't like it. Too many spots where you're just fucked with a single mistake. Especially at the end with the red coins, I got trapped in the upper right corner and couldn't climb or back down.

I'd say Mario Maker is a better choice hands down, even though I really liked Odyssey.
The sheer amount of interesting and challenging levels for me is like infinite value.
But yeah it depends on how much you like 2d mario and what kind of a player are you.

Not bad, but how come about halfway through a fucking N64 logo popped up on my screen and the Slide song from Mario 64 started playing?

But does it have starship xnaut?

shame because I just bought it for the online.

Don’t be upset you need online to play people’s levels or upload them

I figured it out for you user. You really do have to run straight through it, but you need to gain some speed first. He'll just hop over it if you're going fast enough.

That was great, very clever

Is there anything actually valuable in Yamamura-sensei's lessons? I want to speed through them but I don't want to accidentally skip over useful tips if there are any.

How the fuck do you niggers pump out so many stages I can't even make one

Is there a fill tool? or something like it

Attached: 2n8ndr.jpg (543x443, 29K)

I liked it!
Really enjoyed the environment design, did a good job at looking like a desert ruins.
Even though I didn't have much trouble with it, it'd probably be much more popular if the difficulty were lowered a little -- like adding a mushroom or two as you suggested. Maybe even a checkpoint after the key door, though that might be too much.

Just played a great SMB stage.

Suntouch Sanctuary: 78K-JP3-CYG

The flow of the level's interesting, it just needed a few more koopas or goombas to be perfect.

Nope, another feature that needs to be patched in

You can place sound effects and music

Okay, what the fuck is wrong with layering platforms in this game? In MM1, the platform placed after would always layer over the platform placed first, allowing you to make a lot of cool-looking stuff. In this one, it just doesn't fucking work consistently at all - what's the deal?

I imagine that the crane claws are extremely fun
What element are you having the most fun with so far?

Attached: spaghetti o dinner.png (560x444, 281K)

odyssey
remember that you have to pay for switch online

A line tool, a square tool, and a fill tool will save making levels with a controller. Have no idea why it wasn't added.

Hm, it was easy for me but to be fair I knew the layout and how to make the jumps. Maybe I should have put a more obvious fire flower in the second section instead of the first so you can defend yourself. Thanks for the feedback user!

Pick Odyssey, get Mario Maker later.

>how are you enjoying it so far
nobody will play my levels so im pissed

Nope. Multi-grab + Copy paste is the closest.

You can wait on mario maker, it'll be a better game by the end of the year with updates and more levels as people get more used to the creator

HUGE QUESTION HERE

If I only played mario 1 and lost levels, but didn't play 2,3,W, and 3D land, will I have trouble with the game since I will not know what to do with some items? Like grabbing an item or spinning jump and gliding?

I'm watching streams and this dude grabbed a block, I would've never thought that would be possible

Anyone wanna check out my level and tell me what ya think? I never played MM1 so this is my first ever course and I have no clue what I'm doing.

>7DR-2C4-80G

Attached: 1556987589709.jpg (1280x1280, 435K)

I didn't want to shill my level but absolutely no one has touched it and i uploaded it yesterday so i'll post it here and hopefully get feedback from some anons.
J1K-YVL-XCG
There are two paths btw.

Attached: happy boy.jpg (374x452, 18K)

Skeleton Stomper

H0P-FKK-GLF

I would appreciate some feedback. I might have made it a bit too difficult.

Attached: beartato-thanksgivingbees.gif (600x876, 46K)

I'm bingeing a bunch right now gimme your level code

oh wow, i just found out if you zoom out with R3 you can multigrab more of the stage. up to two screens tall and one wide.

post id ill play it right now

also is anyone else having a ton of lag in versus? this shit is insane

>0 plays
>post on Yea Forums
>now rising at about 20 plays, 10 favs, 2 comments per hour
>not just the level I posted on Yea Forums but my other formerly 0 plays level too

How does it work? Where do the levels pop up so visibly for this steady publicity, and why only now?

I want to titfuck Nina so goddamn bad

You'll pick up on stuff quickly. Also there's a tutorial section that tells you all of Mario's moves.

Attached: mario maker nina.jpg (680x898, 79K)

I'm sure it's because of having collision with other players that the netcode is trying to keep you sync'd up with everyone. A mario royale for maker would be so much better because it wouldn't need to do that.

Next to Yamamura's Dojo is Mario's Moves. Read through that.

>story mode has win conditions and a few other elements which are not avaliable in normal level making
probably one of the most bullshit things
things that come to mind are the heavy ass blocks you have to carry in a few story levels and rescuing the toads as well

it should come pretty easily. the only non-stick controls are jump, dash, and shoulder button in some modes. and most actions are bound to one of these. for example, you hold stuff by holding the dash button (and throw by releasing the button), and in the 3D world style, the shoulder button does the cat suit's divekick.

Please play my awesome levels Yea Forums and leave terrible comments
First level pls no bully:
S7N-XR1-HGF

Miyamoto inspired:
V4G-6F2-WWF

Falling up!
768-XWQ-DTG

You shouldn't have trouble because Mario is an easy to play, hard to master type game. His extra abilities in each game are really easy to remember, and you're not going to forget the effects of new, iconic items after seeing what they do just once. All very easy to understand and remember, very initiative, it's fucking Mario.

W2W-Y5Q-JGF

I'm playing your levels nerd

A little liberal with the power ups but ain't half bad for a first level, nice enemy placement makes it pretty fair.

lol, that's your own stage isn't it

What the fuck. Why? The whole point of story mode was that it had levels that could theoretically be made in the maker mode.

play smb3

Course #3
KY1-LSS-L2G

Is there any real incentive for collecting coins in online levels? I want to put coins and stuff in some areas but then I wonder if the player will even care to get them. What about one ups?

Nope. Ran outta stages I saved while I was stuck at work, played em, then looked at most popular. Happened to get a gem.

What did he mean by this

Attached: ohvey.jpg (1272x651, 32K)

>easy teir
Swamping you with tons of enemies randomly
>hard teir
Spawning just 1 enemy in a very specific spot with a few frames to escape alive
>Soul destroying teir
Giving a ready supply of mushrooms and a nearly insurmountable obstacle, so they never die and never succeed

So I was just kinda mashing buttons and i managed to get a castle lava theme at night with underwater physics despite there being lava at the bottom
This is totally unintentional right?

Good to know, thank you user.

Attached: 1490503950861.jpg (267x395, 18K)

That's what night in the castle does. Mario swims in the air. Every night theme has its own unique gimmick.

Very nice, like the aesthetic and theme of the level.

If you were to add a powerup I'd put it around the coin door, maybe behind the thwomp where the big coin is now.

No, it was shown at the tree house.

HIRE

Seriously I hope they fix it, worst lag since Brawl

I want Nina to eat my super mushroom.

9M6 XC4 HBG

Is nobody able to kill baby bowser?

That's so fucking wacky, I thought I bugged the game it was so weird.

PKN-YHL-F3G

and

7Q2-RG9-PXF

two classic style SMB1 and SMB3 levels, respectively, that reward following coins for optimal routes

Attached: 1560204961608.jpg (3300x2550, 1.29M)

They should add the option to do a 4-course/world creation option. Doing one world is fine but being able to do an entire world by itself would be sweet. Hell, even have it as 8 courses per world or allow an entire 64 set (only three maximum). Give the freedom to make an entire NES Mario game from scratch.

>Spend 2 hours making a level
>Turns out really nice
>Absolutely 0 plays since this morning
There is no worse feeling.

If you post a level ID, people can look at your profile and see all your levels, not just the one you posted

me2thanks

Level matching might be bugged or utilizing a screwy algorithm. Almost everyone starts snowballing in plays after sharing the code with a person or two.

Is there any function to collecting coins in non-story-mode courses? Do the coins from other people's levels go towards your story mode coins or are they just for getting 1-ups Endless?

im pretty ass so that spike pillar room pissed me off. i will keep trying for a few more but i dont know if ill win. seems competently made though

who knows why, but luckily it seems to be only those two things I mentioned
still sucks though because I had a million Ideas for levels as soon as I saw the heavy blocks and rescue toads and then had to throw all those Ideas out the window

What did you expect? Making levels is the entire draw of the game, playing them almost feels like a chore

I think this is the case. All the levels in the new courses section in course world have tons of plays by the time I finish playing it, even though when I selected it there was 0. I think some levels just don't get sent to "new courses" for some reason.

Made a quick level trying to use the moon against the player
HV2-TM5-25G

Is there a way to turn off the shadows in the 2d games? shit's distracting while playing with mario 1 sprites.

I found that after playing a course in "New", it tends to immediately snowball, while the other courses in the same tab don't go anywhere. I wonder if this is a day one thing, since there are so many new levels, or if it's always gonna be this screwy.

Tank level like SMB3's.

W6Y-T7J-PPF

>0 plays
Welp, thought I'd share it here. It's called Blooper Blasters, would appreciate some feedback.
Y75-5MM-RSF

You can't edit a level that's been uploaded and if you want to replace it with a new version you lose all the plays/likes/comments etc.

This pipe thing bothered me so much I had to reupload it.
Lesson: If there is a pipe on the screen, the player WILL try to enter it no matter what, they would rather risk death than leave behind a potential warp pipe

W6W-SKY-DVF

Mario Odyssey, I could not play 5 hours of Odyssey without being deathly bored and selling it off. Haven't even been online yet on MM2 but I've easily put in 10+ hours with just the story.

apparently newly created courses dont get played a lot , you need someone to like it to start showing on other people's searches

he didn't play after month 1

Not a bad stage man, the only problem I have with it is the gap you have to fly through in the room with the three feathers. It's nice you give players extra chances but you really gotta thread the needle on that gap. Other than that its fairly solid

I just picked it up from the store, bros.
What should I do first when I get home?

>look at death markers
>tons of death stationary hazard at start of level
>no enemy to dodge there
>players just jumped into it for no reason

Guess I'll shill here

Lathargic Lanterns:
H07-X2D-0SF

Very short level utilizing the night ghost house theme, and having pow blocks balancing on boos.
Give me codes and I'll play them right now.

>Nina porn already
She isn't even that attractive in-game

Fap

You got a good idea and some pretty good executions. Only notes I have is that the pit right before the pipe to inside is really awkward to get out of because of those fish, and the second half ends rather abruptly.

A lot of fictional character aren't that attractive in their source material. It's all about the idea of the character.

Blasphemous

yeah but you try telling me you don't want to see her taking pidgeon dick

ok: CS4-V7T-GPG W6Y-T7J-PPF

I'll have some feedback for you in a bit

already bored by it

I'll play your level, user. I'm this user

I agree, I was thinking I didn't want it to go too long, but I'll take another crack at it. Thanks user.

what stylus should I buy for this shit

Then make a level that you think is fun instead

Is there a way to get rid of these obnoxious stickers and pop-ups?

Yeah, definitely seen the same.
Which is lame because I want to grab a bunch of First Clears for /fa/ action. I've had much better luck here, or just looking at a user's created levels.

Traditional Snowy Level: PTD-3KL-6WF
God I fucking hate using my finger to make levels, but I think it turned out alright.

Rolling Under Blocks

CX8-9JL-GYF

I had trouble beating it to even upload, tell me if you can also beat it, dudes

I think it just doesn't update the plays until after you play it. When I play a level with 0 plays and die I see tens of death markers even when if it's only after a few seconds of starting the level.

My level is deep and full of symbolism, it makes you contemplate the sanctity of the koopa and the corruption given to them by bowser

NFD-BKH-TWF

Attached: 1560575743415.png (322x323, 284K)

pause then choose the comments to be turned off on the right

I thought using my fingers would be awful, but it really isn't that bad. I am cleaning the fuck out of my switch screen afterwards though.

Fun levels, user. A bit easy, but they really capture the spirit of the originals.

I did my civic duty

Attached: 91E1B62A-C05D-4891-87D7-FE0B00749DB3.jpg (3264x2448, 1.08M)

fuck it i was high when i made this

Y73-JMJ-Y4G

it uses a capacitive stylus
someone in previous thread recommended AmazonBasics

Go to Walmart and pick up a 5 pack of Onn stylus. Cost me a few bucks and they work well, got backups in case I lose any too.

How many stages can you download? Can you delete them if you download too many? If yes, how do I do that? In fact, how do I look at the levels I downloaded?

Sorry, I never played Mario Maker 1, so I'm a bit lost.

Attached: 1552123043177.jpg (633x732, 40K)

Cry more boomer

Alright done

It's a clever idea with a good execution, not too easy, not too hard. If I had to nitpick I'd say some of the jumps in the first half can be awkward if you don't time them exactly right cause then you hit the ceiling.

I dig it user, high speed bloops mixed with good jumps. I thought it'd be over after the boss fight, kinda a weird ending but I liked it.

Ill give it a shot. Heres mine

1-1: Start of a New Journey
ID: V61-WT5-DPG

Been really hammering away at a lot of the stuff here. Tryin to get those WRs heh

This is the Evangelion of Mario Maker.

I love when you are about to ask a question. And without asking it you find the answer. Thanks mate!

KOOPA PARTY
CVW-P1G-FGG

SPEEDFALL
6XK-KQB-7MF

ICY CONDITIONS
YHC-61B-PNG

CHAOTIC SKIES
97L-TMP-BHF

For some reason I can't get the second code to work.
Anyway, any level with the poison swamp is pretty great.

>tfw going onto courses and posting horny comments for bowser jr half-ironically just for some laughs
i feel wrong doing this

Attached: 04251904282.jpg (1725x970, 286K)

I'd assume most of the people already making stages now have tons of hours and experience from the first

based

>mk8
>god tier
Look, I liked it, but it just didn't have enough substance to beat Splatoon, Mario Odyssey, or BOTW.

Thank you

Holy shit the snow level music for SMW is awful

If you can do that stoned, I wanna see you make something sober.

So what is it supposed to represent? I'm sorry that I'm a caveman-brained buffoon, but your genius is just way too much for me.

Cool, thanks for the level, i always dig traditional stages.

>toadette is the chief
What did Nintendo means by this?

think about it

But which ones are the jews?

I don’t get it.

try not running 24/7

Unless the level has a coin-collection win condition, there's no point to collecting them at all when playing single levels.
That's no reason to not put them in levels though, they're great for highlighting jumps/shell arcs, and are a fucking lifesaver in the higher Endless difficulties.

good question
why do they keep shilling Toadette so much?

I wish online wasn't so fucking laggy. How can it be laggier than Mario Battle Royale when there're only 4 players at most.

She's really cute in her expressions

I can't believe monty mole is fucking dead

I made it to top 200 globally on Endless. I still have a good amount of lives but I've been going for hours and and this point my ranking barely goes up with each win. I want to make top 100 but I have to take a break.
also copy pasting my levels from last thread.

>Q8R-K1D-GTF
World, Snow. A bit of a standard, easy level. A mix of platforming and some easy puzzle stuff. Feels like it wouldnt be too out of place in the real game as an early level, in my opinion.

>G03-D30-J2G
NSMBU. This one is a bit more gimmicky, but interesting. A short but kind of challenging platforming segment followed by what I think is a cool boss fight. Far from Kaizo but you might die a few times. I'm really curious what people think of this one, I kind of slapped it together but I like it.

>4RP-DXS-87G
A recreation of the opening stage from Castlevania 1.

Attached: IMG_20190628_212309.jpg (1280x720, 137K)

Anyone? Please, I need help here. I don't know if I should be downloading levels often or not.

Here's another new one
A desert trading outpost turned ghost town after a colony of Buzzy Beetles moved in
YPG-VYM-BMF

You can't hurt them without your shell, so why bother with the fire flower beforehand? Since you can't turn them around like that, seems like just a long wait for death.

so is all the weird loading stuff from the first game that allows for minecraft autism machines still in or is it pretty much all gone?

>how do I look at the levels I downloaded?
Coursebot
>How many stages can you download?
120 (I think)
Can you delete them if you download too many?
Yes

Yeah, it’s very out of place too with the god tier editor themes and new theme tracks.

how do i make a moving track platform not move until you jump on it>?

Toadsworth died of old age some time ago. Toadette took over his job for him.

You can download 60, you can delete them, go to coursebot

oh and also feel free to play this too if you want
WDG-D7Y-7CG
this one isn't as hard as that castle level

Go to coursebot, and on the top there are two tabs, my levels, and downloaded levels. You can always overwrite saved courses when you're dont with them.

Awesome. Thanks guys.

Everyone's grinding Normal right now. If you really want to prove yourself, go Expert. Currently ranked 42nd with 35 levels complete.

Got a call from Toadette. She says this ain't it

Thanks. Just wanted to make sure there wasn't something I was missing.

Well I guess I need to go buy a damn stylus pen. Editing in TV mode is ass and using my finger in handheld mode sucks.

Where can I get a decent cheap one?

just go to the dollar store

see

I actually like designing on the controller, I think it's pretty intuitive. It's a little slow, but I like it.

agreed. i don't think people are giving it a fair chance

just get a capactive stylus at walmart or target, they are nice to use.. though I must say I've found making on the TV to be not as cumbersome as I thought it would be, though sometimes when going to a sidebar it takes me a couple seconds to figure out how to bring the pointer back... just wish there was a 3rd level of zoom you can create in (there's a real close up one, the standard one, and then a zoom out but you can't create in that)