Here is your reboot roster, bro

Attached: roster.png (1632x1103, 3.92M)

Other urls found in this thread:

twinfinite.net/2018/07/future-smash-bros-games-likely-to-have-fewer-characters-according-to-sakurai/
eventhubs.com/news/2018/jun/23/masahiro-sakurai-confirms-super-smash-bros-ultimate-nintendo-switch-was-built-pre-existing-game-systems-rather-new-ones/
resetera.com/threads/the-problem-with-a-total-reboot-of-smash-bros-is-that-there’s-too-many-characters-people-love.126232/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>Upset at this
They went on record saying doing this game again would be extremely strenuous and bad, Tekken series had the same problem with just how many characters there were. A lower roster count isn't as bad as people think it is as it gives the developers some clarity. I'm sure they're watching character usage status and game sales very carefully for the next game.

Attached: SoftandWetShovel.png (346x146, 12K)

This is basically perfect aside from the loss of WFT and ROB. If they do a reboot with this roster and revamp the mechanics to justify the loss or add some new game modes I wouldn’t even be upset.

remove robin, rosalina and king boo
return mega man, simon and rob

It isn't the fact that he removed shit, it's that he added nothing in return but fucking Boo

why is olimar and gannondorf there nobody wants them

Didn't see Boo
still.

This is shitty any way you look at it

only nintendo would be able to get away with cutting that much content and still selling it for full price.
realistically, though, they're just going to keep porting ultimate to their future consoles from here on out.

>only one new character
why

>King Boo
>Robin
>Rosalina
>Implying the next smash bros won't have new characters from new IPs
If they do a reboot, there's a good chance that at least 1/3 of these characters won't make it, if not 2/3

Attached: 43thdG3M8.jpg (800x600, 58K)

>only one newcomer and it's fucking Boo from Mario 3
>Fire Emblem Character My Unit Awakening is back but not Hero just because of pathetic waifu autism
>cutting Puff
Awful. Terrible. Repulsive. Will never happen.

Remove banjo and re add Megaman then it's good

>cutfags

Attached: 1538611110898.png (1115x606, 237K)

>remove Banjo
>not Robin

>le """"reboot"""" meme
>le cutting characters means cutting literally 2/3 of the roster and not just the hard to re-obtain 3rd parties and clones meme

off yourself cutfag

Attached: 1398119647260.png (100x200, 2K)

unironically why does he smash 6 roster matter right now, what good is it to cut characters, you think your dream pick's gonna make it?

rosterfags only like writing essays about why or why not characters will get in, they don't actually give two fucks about the game itself

>Ryu
>Banjo
>no literal who's
Somehow not mad, I'll take this roster

Where’s sans undertale

in Undertale

Why don’t you join the Pokémon fandom if you like cutting so much?

> Implying Nintendo isn't just gonna keep porting Ultimate with new content

LMAO

>implying there will be a "reboot" and not just more of the same with cuts to be sold as "games as a service" dlc
nonetheless here is the best 40 character roster

Attached: cutn.png (1376x334, 368K)

>ectoplasm shart
literally worse than piranha plant, at least plant is mechanically interesting

whatever it is, the smash reboot will be same quality as MvCI

The reason why ultimate had very few modes at launch was because most of the development time went into the characters, if you seriously think their going to port this and waste time on developing lots of characters again, you are dead wrong.

Next game will be reboot for 25th anniversary of the series screencap this!

Finally! A Smash game that sells less than a million units!

smash launched with fewer modes because they knew they would get away with it
this was the easiest smash to make by far and even sakurai has said so, you're getting huge rosters for the rest of your days

>The reason why ultimate had very few modes at launch
no one cares

more characters > more single player modes

Here's the actual roster.

Attached: 1561688354057.png (720x1210, 1.67M)

Well, now Sakurai has wrote himself into a corner. He's made the emphasis almost entirely on characters. If the next game doesn't deliver on that front, most will be disappointed. Best he could do now is keep reusing the engine and porting all the characters, make some necessary tweaks and overhauls, add a few newcomers, and spend the rest of development creating a lot of game modes for those characters.

Bob Marley main day fucking one.

>irate gamer
>awful reaction image mado
gold

If you don't main Snow Miser you're playing it wrong.

Ok but what about sans deltarune

>ryu
Literally like the least important of all the third party characters in the game, fuck all the way off

T. mommas little snow angel

>no Chrom

TAJ CHADS WHERE WE AT

todd vs old todd

>no Little Mac
>fucking King Boo

Attached: mad nsaf.png (847x462, 639K)

WAHEEEEEEEEY!

Attached: 1561675864457.png (1250x701, 1.17M)

More like Little Sack. Cuz he got sacked.

MOUSE NIGGAS, WHERE WE AT? GONNA DRAG YOU BITCHES TO THE RECYCLE BIN

>No Isabelle
Lmao see you in 5 years

Boocucks are a million times worse than Waluigifags.

>the final two DLC fighters are definitely somewhere in this pic
also
>bunny chrom

Cutfags are mentally ill.

replace Ridley with decloned Dark Samus
replace Marth with Lucina
replace [var=PLAYERNAMEHERE] with Lyn
replace Sonic with Bayonetta
replace Banjo with Pac-Man
replace Krool with Springman
replace Metaknight with Akira from Astral Chain
replace Villager with Isabelle
replace Charizard with Sami (Advance Wars)
replace Fox with a Fatal Frame character

>t. falseflagging wahfaggot

Boo is like somebody took the “too many punchers/swords” argument seriously.

I like to think that in the SSE, the mouse isn't so much a character as it is a sacred artifact that is utilized by other characters. When they use it, it comes to life and you can play as it.

damn, this is pretty fucking milquetoast

>No Lucas, Ike, Greninja, Bayo, Snake, Falco, Hero, etc.
>But a non-character with less appearances than Dry Bones is in
>And he's the only newcomer
The absolute state of cutfags

She was a Lightning. She was the mascot of New Leaf and its spin-offs, sure, and she was shilled because New Leaf was shilles. But that chapter is done. Overall, the Animal Crossing series doesn't have or need a mascot. Every main character is supposed to get a pretty equal amount of focus, even though Tom Nook is far and away the most important one.

Attached: Tom_Nook_PG_Nookington's.png (235x380, 122K)

As if they're gonna go smaller in scale after Ultimate

This is the core smash roster. Little mac and G&W are debatable but I think they should stay. Mewtwo/lucario exempt since one could replace the other

First characters on the chopping block are: Joker, Incineroar, Corrin, Robin

Attached: smash core roster.png (2164x628, 1.75M)

>Implying there won’t be cuts and the roster will keep growing

Fair enough, but i’m Getting vibes of lots of cuts and a smaller roster next game.

t. furious boocuck

delusion of the highest order
they put her in smash and you think the appearances are gonna stop? lmao

>no Mega Man
>no Simon Belmont
>no Banjo
But yeah let's keep fucking Wolf.

>If the next game doesn't deliver on that front, most will be disappointed.

No matter what happens, people will be disappointed, even reusing the same engine won’t deliver on that front.

no third party is safe due to licensing

then why would people play it over ultimate

No, but I think they're going to significantly die down and she'll become as important and focussed as, say, Brooster or Harriet. Same thing happened to Rosalina. She was heavily shilled when the Lightning was fresh, then it reduced significantly. These kinds of things don't last.

God all your choices are terrible, gtfo

>Jigglypuff, Wolf, Ridley, Krool, Charizard, Fox, Littlemac, and Villager
>core smash roster
>Dairy Queen not the first on the block

I made a list relating to this type of thing recently.
Before anyone shits on me, a few things to note:
>I made this based on the idea that Smash Bros is a series that is meant to represent gaming as a whole.
>I don't want any characters to get cut, this is based purely on what merit I see in the characters being in based on the above statement (For example, I love Captain Falcon's inclusion, but he really has no business being in Smash Bros. F-Zero is less than a footnote in gaming history and it hasn't gotten a game in years)
>The Hero would be "near mandatory", and Banjo would be "should be in"
>Also I fucked up in hindsight, move G&W and R.O.B up a tier

Attached: 1546359903379.png (980x682, 1.03M)

Will this king boo meme ever end?

Attached: 1552332514873.png (744x690, 465K)

That's literally not even an option, Smash has been famous for having an awesome roster for years now. The most they will cut are a few of the unpopular clones and hard-to-license 3rd parties. Cutfag smash bros would not sell and would cause outrage.

Unless they actively want those characters to be in the game. Sonic, Bayonetta, Simon, and Banjo are definitely safe.

I like that roster, if there was a reboot without third party this is the ideal roster.

When Geno and/or Waluigi are added, yes.

Doubt people will, but ultimate can’t stay fresh forever, not even porting over and over again will.

>Akira over MK
fuck off weeb

add ROB and its perfect honestly

Why would it? Luigi's Mansion has well established itself as a series now.

I've seen cutfags say that "A reboot will allow Smash the chance to fix a lot of the mechanics!"

How can they honestly think that the casual audience gives a damn about Sonic having 2 spindashes and a spring, all they care about is all the silly characters and cutting the roster down to 25% is NOT the way to sell copies.

the obscure characters give smash a personality and it would be mvci without them

You left out young link and marth and that is unforgivable. They are stapples to the smash series what are you even thinking?

>Cutfag smash bros would not sell and would cause outrage.

Well it’s going to happen and people will buy it cause it’s smash.

This game will keep getting ported until the end of the days.

Marth is there. Young Link is not a staple, let alone important at all, he's the most expendable Zelda character in fact.

>intentionally excluding this pure boi
I don't think the fanbase can handle getting snubbed like that again. If there's no Bandana Dee next time, it will severely negatively impact the game's.

Attached: 1496212316637.jpg (561x800, 136K)

Finally, a smash brothers where I can play 5v5 with a team of just Chrom

The only reason Rosalina wasn't in Odyssey is because none of the extra characters featured heavily in odyssey.
It took an update to add goddamn Luigi and he's a minigame NPC.

You forgot Astral Chain Andy and DxM Dave

King Boo is a shit choice and you know it OP.

Adeleine is a better character.

Nobody actually cares about Bandana Dee itself. It's just a bunch of quotafags who want Kirby to have a newcomer for the sake of it.

Oh woops i didnt see him and young link is a good alternative to regular link. Both move sets are different and have there own gimmicks even in melee. Lyigi3should be dropped seeing as he is just a worst mario

Nintendo would be braindead to let that happen. People are pissed about Pokemon and that didn't go nearly as far as what cutfags want.

As much as we all want this to happen it won’t, people would eventually get bored of ultimate kept getting ported.

It'll work once. And that about covers the next ten years, plenty of time for them to not half-ass a full sequel.

Everyone is here was a one time only thing, the only way they can top it is a reboot that changes every fighters moves and adds a decent amount of single player content.

It’s the smartest decision and it’ll probably happen.

They have to reboot and shake up mechanics since bigger isn't really an option after Ultimate's roster of 70+

Tell me user what do you want to see in this not half-assed sequel?

Attached: my-image(2).png (957x682, 1.06M)

>All your mains are gone, but now Mario can throw threeee fireballs!!!!!
wow, totally sells me on a 60$ (soon to be 70$) game

This exactly this, people are dumb If they don’t see this coming, fighting games need to reboot at some point so that the devs can fix and change things up, it’s happening for the next smash game.

Is this a bait list?
>Ike and Robin in "Should be in"
>only 3 Pokemon
>Jigglypuff and Captain Falcon out due to being irrelevant, yet fucking Wolf, K Rool, and Ridley are in
>all third party characters safe

All of the original 12, main/origin characters of a series and their rivals are safe. Wolf was only cut in 4 over falco because he was a rushed Frankenstein abomination in brawl. Not the case anymore

My main is gone is different to my Pokemon I've had since I was a child is arbitrarily blocked from the game. Besides no one would care if Pokemon wasn't shovelware; but, the dumb NDex just happened to be the straw that broke the camels back.

>almost a third of the roster is from the Mario universe

smash is not a fighting game
casuals (99% of the audience) don't give a fuck

good

Attached: NSMB2Mario.png (578x592, 656K)

>cutting any of the original 12
>keeping Robin, Rosalina, K Rool and Ridley over classic characters like ROB and Duck Hunt

>mii fighters in anything but never ever tier

Why shouldn't Pokemon trainer be in? He's one of the most creative characters in the roster

99.99% wouldn't care about WaddleDee and Shantae being added
99.99% won't notice when Little Mac and Krool get cut
The roster has to contract eventually due to balancing, Q&A, licensing fees on third parties, and asset development time. Even if it didn't, Smash but EVEN MORE stuff would get tired as an angle eventually

bayonetta has a higher chance due to being a surrogate nintendo series, sonic is likely safe but not guaranteed. Simon and Banjo arn't guaranteed at all

>Ness "near mandatory"
>yet Captain Falcon and Jigglypuff out
>removing unique characters like the ICs or Pokemon Trainer
Neck yourself, paedophile.

>gen 1 pokemon only
they'll stick with the new-gen shillmon pattern forever, and you know it

>Smash but EVEN MORE stuff would get tired as an angle eventually
It's lasted for five entries now, why would that suddenly change faggot?

>Robin
did you include that just to invalidate your image?

Attached: emoji.jpg (600x600, 27K)

>And their rivals

Lol at villain quotafags.

Microsoft wants Banjo in Smash, Nintendo likes having Banjo in Smash, and the fans like having Banjo in Smash. The only ones I could see getting cut purely due to licencing are Cloud and Hero

What are the cutfags' logic at erasing the Ice Climbers, the most unique character in any fighting game in existence?

Attached: IC.png (1057x1200, 1.66M)

>implying there was validity to being a cutfag in the first place

>banjo staying
Yeah right

you can say this about every single character, but there are priorities to take into consideration

you're a fucking moron if you think there won't be cuts, a fuck ton of concessions were already made to ultimate to get every character in
twinfinite.net/2018/07/future-smash-bros-games-likely-to-have-fewer-characters-according-to-sakurai/

not even the most unique in smash, Zato in guilty gear is like ICies except more unique

>cutfags btfo so hard that they have to theorize about a potential future game half a decade before it'll enter production
Immensely satisfying.

SEETHING

>he thinks banjo will stay

>there will be cuts
>so that means 1/2 of the roster will be cut
>also I'm a massive newfag and don't know sakurai also said there would be cuts after ssb4 making his statements effectively meaningless

Attached: 1533741571578.png (380x350, 208K)

Thoughts?

Attached: masuda.jpg (185x272, 9K)

>also I'm a massive newfag and don't know sakurai also said there would be cuts after ssb4 making his statements effectively meaningless
source

I'm not the retard in the OP, There will be cuts but more than what he posted

Awakening was the game that saved Fire Emblem and Robin is the most unique FE character in the current cast.
Sorry your personal feefees and hateboner don't matter.

no other character has a fully functioning second character with them. Luma is basically a fancy weapon with eyes.
I'm looking at a Zato match, and i dont see a second character with him, just some moves that have cooldowns faster than the active frames

robin is irrelvant, lucina will represent awakening as an echo

>no other character has a fully functioning second character with them
maybe not in smash, but you said any fighting game which clearly isn't the case e.g. Zato

>I'm looking at a Zato match, and i dont see a second character with him
you must be blind, his shadow is his core mechanic

Can never get the ai right, only used if they have something broken that requires minimal input from the ai

I'm not very familiar with GG. how exactly do you control the shadow?

>banjo
>not a literal who
explain this

Project M ICs have no infinite, Nana is still retarded, and they are considered high tier. Nintendo just made a terrible decision letting you control where Nana throws, and now they made an effort to not them be too good. Kinda like what happened to Bayonetta

same way you control zato, eddie will do specific moves based off what zato does

Here is the relevant reboot roster, not based on opinions on characters. Blue background alts represent new characters from the franchises they come from which can fill the old character's roll.

Ex.Pokemon trainer gets replaced by nuTrainer who has different pokemon to cycle.

Attached: reboot roster.png (670x530, 416K)

>Half of the roster is cut
>Only one newcomer
>Would be very underwhelming and disappointing following Ultimate

>No cuts
>200+ characters
>Includes fan favorites that everyone wanted as well as surprising and unique additions
>Goes far beyond expectations and would satisfy everyone
>Worthy successor to Ultimate

I think it's clear which would be the better timeline.

oh that's actually sick. i couldn't tell that by looking.

>Ike and Robin in "Should be in"
Ike, maybe, but Robin should absolutely be in.

>only 3 Pokemon
No other Pokemon in Ultimate should be in other than maybe Lucario.

>Jigglypuff and Captain Falcon out due to being irrelevant, yet fucking Wolf, K Rool, and Ridley are in
Jigglypuff shouldn't be in because Pokemon is covered just fine by the three I already listed. Captain Falcon is in a feedback loop where he's only popular due to Smash, which makes him a lock for the next Smash, which makes him more popular. He shouldn't be in.
Meanwhile, the others are in because of massive fan demand for their inclusion, not because of the aforementioned feedback loop.

Miis are an icon of both Nintendo and the 7th Gen. They have no reason to not be in.

Pokemon is covered just fine by Pikachu, Charizard, and Mewtwo.

Mother 2 alone was far more important to gaming than the entire F-Zero series.
The only thing Ice Climber did for gaming was showcase how NOT to do jumping physics.
Also, read my post again, retard. No character should get cut, it's an evaluation of who should be in logically. I'd rather not have characters get cut.

I've been trying to get people to work on writing a Subspace Emissary mode for that roster, but to no avail.

Perhaps it really is a one-person job.

t. knows nothing about game development

If the roster will be THAT fucking small, then now would be a good time to pump out echo fighters out the ass.

I enjoy my enhanced ports like the next guy but I frankly don't want my Smash games to feature only 6 unique newcomers, 4 low-effort new stages and all trophies and single player modes to be gutted at launch

King Boo has more than earned his spot.

Faggot, Pikmin is one if the main nintendo franchises.

Guilty gear is good play it

>robin wouldn’t return
Besides Marth he’s the one I see most likely to return followed by Ike. Robin perfectly represents fire emblem and plays the most uniquely among them.

Attached: 1535544002339.jpg (1280x1280, 616K)

Yes I’m sure a fucking piranha plant is more interesting than King Boo, the main villain of his own seeies that has a wide array of powers, as well as a completely new body type that actually is more than just “weird yet different” like piranha plant.

How? I don’t recall boochads sending seath threats to everyone

>half of smash shouldn't be about nintendo
Nigger.

Imagine looking at the bottom "roster" and thinking it's anything but complete shit.

I can’t believe I’ve lived to see the day that people would unironically hate new unique body types and defend anime humans that all have the same moveset.

They also think that Bulbasaur is a better addition than the mascot of Pokemon, for some reason.

>Bulbasaur as the only Pokemon
I happen to like it more than Pikachu, but that's just wrong.

Half of the characters in “shouldn’t be in” should absolutely be in you faggot.

You're talking to a soccer mom who doesn't want her kids to fall in love with awesome video games, so she thinks that having a tiny roster with the bare minimum of characters people know is better than having a giant roster.

There's two too many Fire Emblem characters.

>No Nintendo in a Nintendo crossover game
I puked a little in my mouth you fag.

Why would you want it to end? He’s earned a spot in more so than fucking bowser jr has

*ahem*
>tings glass with spoon
i have an announcement to make.
FUCK CUTFAGS AND FUCK JANNIES

Attached: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate DX.png (720x550, 820K)

The Ice Climbers only made it because no other character that can get into Smash can do what they do. They are the only character of their kind in this 80 character roster. Doesn't matter how "important to gaming" they are, or how "important" anyone is for that matter. If they're a cool character and can be fun and unique in Smash, they can make it

>i'm assmad about fire emblem so it shouldn't be in the game at all
Don't even post if you're going to be so retarded.

Attached: 1537445619465.png (645x729, 56K)

>geno
>over any other mario character
He should be dead last and you know it

Attached: 3E27B606-F224-49A5-994A-E395A3D381EE.jpg (666x666, 189K)

>why mario won't be in smash
I don't get it. Wouldn't Ridley or Daisy be a more fitting choice?

Cutfags just won with literally the biggest franchise on the planet, and Masuda confirmed they won't be backing down despite overwhelming backlash, Smash is next. It's no surprise that the manchildren fans of kids games wouldn't understand taste, subtlety, feasibility, value of limits etc and would rather hoard all the toys like the spoiled children they are.

>Robin
Fucking based.

Attached: 5964f026717b6.jpg (675x1020, 142K)

>What Smashfags want
SOUL
>What Smash should be
SOULLESS

This

>Robin more likely than Ike
Sure let's cut the most popular FE character by far in favor of m-muh magic! Hero covers that niche just fine

I don't play smash, what's the story? Nintendo removed all the other fighters in smash Bros ultimate?

There's no real telling years down the line. Companies' attitudes chance all of the time.

there is no story here. Just someone being a jackass deciding what characters from the game should be cut from the next one.

yeah, and now Pokemon is getting flack for it, the poorest business choice of all time in vidya
cutfags should die.

Such as?

Geno is the champion of wishes.

So why are people responding and making this thread alive if it's just someone's shitty fanfiction?

It'll be the three houses MC. Are you an idiot or something

we really have nothing better to do, no news to talk about or anything like that. so we're just getting angry at each other to pass the time

No the fuck he isn’t and you know it

It actually wasn't to hard to get down to 40

Attached: uy6tGlv.jpg (1236x339, 363K)

>he doesnt know

I’m not buying smash again unless they bring everyone back again. They better not pull some Pokémon shit on us

No one gives a fuck about trophies and target smash retard.

Cutfags continue to be worst than any rosterfag

He is

Attached: 1561446499179.png (600x900, 977K)

I don’t give a fuck about target smash but most people including me wanted trophies in ultimate

Stop trying to make King Boo a thing.

Target Smash was the best. Levels that challenge each individual character's unique abilities was a lot of fun.

I feel like Rosalina is more likely to be left out now that she's not has heavily pushed as she used to be. Most likely replaced by Toadette.

I'd also keep Lucario. Out of all the Pokémon from outside gen 1 it's the one that Pokémon still pushes as one of its mascots. On a similar note being a franchise mascot is a reason to keep Isabelle.

Also without newcomers this lineup would never sell. It would need at least 10 new characters, mostly from new franchises given your format but at least three empty slots for characters who don't exist yet from big franchises like Pokémon.

You can hack your switch and get access to homebrews, Dreamcast/Xbox emulation, Linux, android, free games and PC ports instead of talking about smash trash eternally.

Don’t buy smash ever again user it’s happening and there’s jack shit you can do about it.

He may have said this over a year ago, but this is Sakurai, I doubt his stance has changed.

>most people
Tards on Yea Forums are not "most people."

It's ok, Next Level Games is already doing it for us

Attached: 1531982874473.png (960x540, 534K)

you're right but no

But he already IS a thing

Fuck cutfags. Fuck relevancyfags. And most of all, fuck popularityfags.

Attached: 1561686306177.png (1333x1080, 1.53M)

not based
cringe

Attached: k rool chad.jpg (1024x936, 90K)

have sex

He's another fucking goomba with a name.

No.

Yeah and the minor enemy that's actually a playable character doesn't even have a name.
I'm not that jazzed by King Boo either but this "point" doesn't even exist anymore.

>Robin
Fateswakening niggers kill yourselves.

then forever be a cutfag virgin.

Awakening didnt "save" anything You stupid faggot.

They are just going to keep porting ultimate and you know it.

He's the main villain of a series.
If being a bigger version of a normal enemy with some added details and accessories precluded the possibility of being a Smash fighter, King K. Rool and Bowser would never have been added.

So is mario, what’s your point? Besides, king boo is the main villain of a main mario series.

this is the best business decision, they dont have to work on reanimating the already existing characters, they can add in new characters and modes instead.
why do people think that they cant add new modes at a later date?

>why do people think that they cant add new modes at a later date?
They have literal brain damage seeing as ultimate added stage builder in the joker update.

Porting ultimate just won’t happen, it’s all but confirmed that the next smash game will use a new engine, ultimates usesthe same engine as wii u, you might as well have ported that to switch rather than an entirely new game, but no, instead we got everyone is here on switch and it won’t happen again.

Just wanted to say I find it funny how SEGA did the Smash idea 3 years before 64 and with a better roster to boot.

Attached: Fighters_Megamix_Character_Select (1).png (704x448, 76K)

source on that confirmation?

also most of the assets were reused from wii u to ultimate, which is why it came out so fast

>it’s all but confirmed that the next smash game will use a new engine
Epic headcanon, they aren't even thinking about the next smash game yet.

is that fucking jotaro in the bottom right?

This

King K. Rool and Bowser don't just look like Big Kremling With Accessory or Big Troopa With Accessory. They have totally unique designs.

Ryu is a faggot so fuck you

No it's a powered up version of Bahn (row 1, column 6). Both were heavily based on Jotaro's design though.

replace young link with regular link again because they can just change him to whatever flavour of the month zelda game is out now

also get rid of greninja and throw k rool back in there

Moving the goalpost. Your arbitrary standards for what's sufficiently different from the "base" design and what isn't are irrelevant.
And for the record, you're also wrong because King Boo looks cool.

>grand dad
>but no smol nozomi
you had one job, op
and you fucked it up

King Boo would never happen, DK and Kirby would get two apiece, no way Pit would get cut, and Pokemon would not stick just to Gen 1. Otherwise its basically what they should do.

>only nintendo would be able to get away with cutting that much content and still selling it for full price.

Seems like a weird dig considering they just went out of their way to include every single character ever and 90% of the stages.

There will be no Smash 6 (7 according to Sakurai.) This game just cannot be beat in my opinion.

personally I think we need the big 4 to stay,
Pac-man
Mario
Sonic
Megaman

So does King Boo?

>cut almost every third party
>w-well we gotta keep banjo though
Dream on you goddamn pussy

So all third parties are gone... sick, why would I buy a game that has less.

Banjo is Nintendo.

looks pretty shit.

cutfags are secretly modders that want characters so they can mod them back in

Attached: wolf.png (1036x615, 911K)

Below the top right, you blind bastard.

In what universe is Banjo Nintendo? Because he started on the N64? Is Megaman a Nintendo character?

During development for ultimate Sakurai had a choice of using a new engine or build upon existing ones, he chose the latter for ultimate, no way he’ll make the same decision again, be expecting a new engine next game

Sonic is the only 3rd party that I think is 100% safe.

Why? That's like saying the NES game Hydlide is better than Zelda because it came out first. Sure, Hydlide came first... but Zelda did it better and is more iconic in that realm. Same thing with this.

eventhubs.com/news/2018/jun/23/masahiro-sakurai-confirms-super-smash-bros-ultimate-nintendo-switch-was-built-pre-existing-game-systems-rather-new-ones/

Also, what the hell kind of Sega crossover game has Sonic characters without Sonic himself. That's like Mario Kart without Mario.

>literally just Boo with a crown
whoa...

This, he’s practically untouchable, the only third party who hasn’t been (and won’t be) cut

as long as bamco continues to work on the franchise Pac-Man will come back.

Attached: Chad-man.gif (270x220, 24K)

I can honestly see sonic and pac-man been the only third party in a reboot.

by this nigger's logic so is Simon and The Hero also

Attached: 170px-DQ3_Spell_Frizz crop.png (121x118, 33K)

>Robin
Lol no, just Marth. Or maybe add Lyn since she is the Marth of the west

Let's be real here. If Microsoft prompted Rare to make a Banjo game and also make a version on the Switch, which will sell more... A console that is marketed towards the "hardcore" audience, where Rare has done little to nothing lately, or the console that is made by the Nintendo, of which Banjo-Kazooie is more associated with as of now.

Go to bed, Masuda.

Megaman depends what Capcom does with the franchise. And yes Banjokes relevancy does matter when it comes to a reboot roster

Attached: Mega-Man-Legends-Happy.jpg (600x337, 139K)

Fighters Megamix is better than Smash 64.
Should've specified that this was SEGA AM2's "Smash Bros", so they only included characters they made. Sonic is in Fighting Vipers though, so it's a bit weird he's not in.

Banjo will never get a new game and especially it would never be on a nintendo console. Banjo was ass kissing and ass kissing only, sakurai even said it himself that Ridley,K. rool and Banjo were him kissing the fan's ass.

>wanting ghostly hat goomba

>Banjoke
only discord stevefags say banjoke, user. just say banjo like a functioning human being.

no nigger Banjo didn't deserve to be in.

The original 12 will never be removed. Full stop.

If they strip-down Smash 6 it will probably be to make it some live service model shit where they drip feed the Ultimate roster back in slowly with a few Newcomers too.

It will therefore probably start out with just 1 hero and 1 villain from each series plus the leftovers from the original 12.

>Mario and Bowser
>DK and K.Rool
>Link and Ganon
>Pikachu and Mewtwo
>Kirby and Dedede
>Samus and Ridley
>Fox and Wolf
>Plus Falcon, Luigi, Jigglypuff, Ness, and Yoshi

Then themed "seasons" of DLC
>Peach, Zelda, Shiek, Ice Climbers, G&W
>Olimar, Lucas, Shulk, Diddy, Wario
>Villager, Duck Hunt, WFT, Bowser Jr., Rosalina
>Fire Emblem standalone pack
>3rd Party standalone pack with Banjo removed

what the fuck are you on about, i was just saying to stop saying banjoke like a broken record.
is banjo being in smash that rent free in your head?

As long as the character limit is around 45 I’d be happy with this, only thing is we’ll be needing newcomers so half of those dlc characters slots will be taken with newcomers who will be base game.

based reminds me of Street Fighter V

Yes I wanted Edelgard

Attached: D5VswliW4AEkduI.jpg (876x1200, 109K)

She could still happen if it’s legit

Attached: 21FA30D9-FD47-47D2-863E-B91A84ED6A41.png (1821x547, 148K)

>le vergeben piggyback man

>believing leakers or insiders
>ever
They're all lying frauds.

I know nobody gives a fuck but i’M going to post it anyway, seems us Anons aren’t the only ones discussing a reboot resetera.com/threads/the-problem-with-a-total-reboot-of-smash-bros-is-that-there’s-too-many-characters-people-love.126232/

Mario is just a human with a hat, what’s the big deal? Beaides, King boo has blenty of unique details.

based reptilebros, cutfags need to cut their wrists vertically

Attached: 1554144165937.png (532x582, 514K)

>Robin
>Posting the god awful Heroes art
Are you fucking retarded?

Attached: Degenerate.png (246x287, 105K)

Based or cringe?
Not that I WANT to cut all these characters, but if I had to slim it down....

Attached: 8BYtwdR.jpg (1380x815, 877K)

>Banjo returns
I have no complaints