What do you prefer in vidya - historical accuracy or cute girls?

What do you prefer in vidya - historical accuracy or cute girls?

Attached: Player-Female.jpg (833x1200, 186K)

Other urls found in this thread:

bigredhair.com/books/aztec-empire/about/,
desuarchive.org/his/thread/5526254/#5526329
boards.fireden.net/v/thread/441551507/#441565260
pastebin.com/h18M28BR;
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

fuck off

Cute girls are the only reason to play video games.

Historical accuracy. Women don't have the same muscle mass, bone density, aggression, critical thinking, pain tolerance and proper hormones for stress to be on a battlefield. Lowering standards gurantees worse quality and effectiveness, that's why you don't see women commanders, colonels, generals and admirals in all of recorded History.

Both I want to be able to rape the surviving cute girls in historical settings

Historical accuracy: cute girls as sex slaves.

both, i want medieval soldiers raping wenches in the streets

historically accurate cute boys

historical accuracy: you're a eunuch guarding a Turkish harem.

Cute girls (2d)

this

turning historical figures into cute girls

Attached: DqMGEIxV4AAvn8L.png (625x750, 436K)

Expeditions: Conquistador is OK but gets kinda dull a few hours in.

Cute girls are fine, but Fate games seem to make a whole heck of a lot of characters girls. Also, Civilization games seem to have a lot of female characters now a days, but doing so requires shafting many other historical figures who I think are both more notable and are less often used. Although, a lot of civilization games used the exact same characters such as Napoleon a lot of times which I find annoying too, so I think using different leaders such as Saint Louis and Henry IV is a good idea.

In general if the developer wants to make a female OC that's fine, but I don't like when some minor female historical figure is set up as the biggest thing ever. Also, Saint Olga>Boudica.

It depends, how cute are these girls?

Attached: Captain japan.jpg (362x400, 62K)

if the game is taking itself seriously? accuracy
if it doesn't? cute girls

it's all about the mood of the game, duh

it's kind of hard for me to emotionally care about some god tier waifu wearing bikini armor instead of a battle hardened warrior that has seen enough shit as is and wants it to end

>historical accuracy or cute girls?
Since the two things do not exclude each other, I suppose what you mean by "cute girls" is "cute girls filling male roles, such as knight".

In that case, I prefer historical accuracy.
But a historically accurate game can be improved by letting you date a cute girl, which is also realistic.
Knights and soldiers get married, after all.

But if you are going to make a unrealistic shit, there's nothing stoping you for puting cute girls wherever you want, though I would argue female characters in general are better in support positions, as having them being the lead is detrimental to their femininity.

Cute enough.

Attached: Adriana-Cervera.jpg (833x1200, 196K)

I like both, but not in the same game.

Why not both?
There were women in history, they just weren’t soldiers.

There actually were a small handful of women Conquistadors. Not a lot, but a few. There was also a pretty decent amount of women who accompanied them as cooks and maids (as seen here from bigredhair.com/books/aztec-empire/about/, which is probably the most accurate (albiet not perfect, there;s some errors here and there) retellings of the Cortes's expedition); and some of them eventually went on to do some fighting themselves.

Also seen in pic is the African Conquistador Cortes had with him, which there were a few dozen of over the course of the Spanish colonization of the Americas.

In general, having 1 exceptional or so women or somebody of an unusual ethnicity in historical settiings isn't necessarily inaccurate, depending on the specific setting. Where it becomes a probglem is when in-game, the fact that they are exceptional should be commented on, not just treated as a normal thing.

Like here: Garrido is present as a african conquistador, as he was historically,l but the other Conquistadors treat him with a bit of distrust for it, as they would have historically.

Attached: AE04-38.jpg (1545x1180, 1.81M)

Conquistador was okay, especially since the devs stated they know it isn't realistic and weren't doing it for historical revisionism.
It was funny when my girl Bonita was caught trying to fuck some teenage Aztec boy.

Attached: 1393682365745[1].jpg (833x1200, 158K)

depends on the game, depends on the setting

Cute accuracy.

>Conquistador was okay, especially since the devs stated they know it isn't realistic and weren't doing it for historical revisionism.

See the post above you.

Having 1 female conquistador or like 1-2 black ones would have been accurate, though Expeditions Conquistador has a lot more then that. Though to it's credit, IIRC, in game your chatracters can actually be sexist, racist, etc realistically.

Girls in armour make me fucking diamonds, so yeah, that one.

Attached: 1555890050627.jpg (1448x2048, 357K)

>tumblr comics

Why not both? Just keep women away from fighting roles or have them be scouts/snipers, like they were in WW2 when Russia ran out of men to throw in the blender, although that was mostly out of desperation. In a fantasy setting, or futuristic setting, where humans can modify their bodies to make themselves stronger, then logic is thrown out the window and I don't care, although I always hate when female "warriors" wear heels and boob armor, because it's retarded.

Depends of the game

Man, Conquistador had its moments.
>play nice with Aztecs
>Zárraga pulls you over
>tells you the troops are worried and wondering where your loyalties lie
>tell him you intend to fuck them over after you've won their trust
>calls you a sly bastard and promises to calm the troops down but keep them in the dark
>iirc Zárraga even references your promise before the final confrontation

Attached: Expeditions_Conquistador_Artwork_16[1].jpg (833x1200, 373K)

based and spoilspilled

Why do people think the only way to show a strong woman is to make them the best fighter? If you want them to be strong make them moral and kind people, at least in grounded games that take place in the past.

Berbers aren't black by any stretch of the word
by and large, they have a fairer complexion than Arabs
and nobody claims no women ever travelled with the conquistadors (even though it was exceedingly rare), just that they weren't troops

so kindly fuck off with your US idpol revisionist bullshit

>Berbers have a fairer complexion than Arabs
Not really, the main physical difference between the two is that Berbers tend to have curly hair. It's how they are singled out in North African countries. Not only that, but Berber covers a large variety of tribes that can widely differ physically, including the very much Black Tuaregs and the paleish Amazighs.

The problem is that, in most cases, the motivation to put women and characters with unusual ethnicity in historical settings comes from some sort of political or ideological idea.
They also avoid portraying the real positions in which women were expected to be.

We also have to remember that men were never trilled about the idea of letting women fight, or fighting women themselves. That's also something that should be considered.

There is a portuguese ancient saying that states: "when women have to fight, or to lead, it is to the shame of all men involved."
That was the general opinion of your average Conquistador.
If they are not willing to defy the feminist status quo by portraying this as it actually was, then I think it's better to chose an event in which women didn't take part of, or completely ignore that women were there at all. It's better to be historically unnacurate by removing women than by turning them in stronk wamim.

Neither, I want it to be fun

I remember that game having some qt female portraits. I wish you could romance your companions instead some natives.

>There is a portuguese ancient saying that states: "when women have to fight, or to lead, it is to the shame of all men involved."
That was the general opinion of your average Conquistador.
Just clarifying myself, I'm not claiming the Conquistadores were portuguese. Just that they did think similarly in this regard. I think the entire western world did

I play a lot of 4X, RTS, grand strategy, sims in general so historical accuracy.

But I liked the animu grills in Valkyria Chronicles.

cute girls in historical accuracy

>"when women have to fight, or to lead, it is to the shame of all men involved."
The frenchmen lead by Joan of Arc didnt seem to be so displeased with her position

Cute girls, but it's not like having cute girls is a requirement. The problem is that historical accuracy most often leads to a more boring game since it puts hard restrictions on possible game mechanics. Video games should not attempt to emulate the real world half-heartedly, you just get shittier games (like FPS where accuracy sucks without ADS but bullet wounds are healed after crouching for 5s behind a wall). It's fine if the game is some sort of sim, in that case that's the whole point and the game should commit to accuracy and realism.

Wish you could bang her yourself instead. Or Sierra.

Attached: Sierra-BarreiroSmall.jpg (128x184, 20K)

Conquistador was incredibly fun though it got kinda broken when you had a proper combat setup (IIRC it was like 4 frontline fighters and 2 scouts and you could just wreck every fight)
How is Expeditions: Viking?

This is the exception rather than the rule.
And the frenchmen were mocked by other peoples because of this and to this day are known as effeminate degenerates.

the expeditions series is great
you can be a sjw if you want
you can be the next incarnation of hitler if you want
you can be a sjw who turns into the next incarnation of hitler if you want
it's something for everyone

user i've made literal 20 post long-breakdowns of Aztec history here before, I can assure you this dude's comic is historically on point. See pic for instance

Not all the African conquistadors were berbers, though. Juan Valiente was a former West African slave for example: Following COrtes's expedition he was one of many african slaves brought into Mexico, and was able to convince his owner to allow him to go off and particpate in ongoing Conquistador expeditions in Mesoamerica (While the Aztec Empire may have fallen, some city-states under Aztec control didn't cede to Spanish authority, and there were dozens of other cities, kingdoms, and a few big empires that the Aztec never conquered) under the condition that any wealth he got went back to his owner

He went onto join Alvarado's expedition down in Peru and then switched over to Almargo's expedition, particpated in conquests in Chile. His owner ended up sending a letter out to reach out to him after 4 years per their agreement, but it never reached Jaun, who ended up marrying a slave of a govneror down in Chile and even received an encomienda.

There were a number of others, Juan is just one of the more well documented and more impressive example

>just that they weren't troops
That's not quite true: Again, there were a few (very few) Conquidators who were outright female, and a few of the women who travelled with them as cooks, maids, sexual tools etc ended up particpating in battles over the years

Did you even read the post you are replying to?

>in most cases, the motivation to ...comes from some sort of political or ideological idea

Of course, not denying that, and I agree that's stupid as fuck. SJW shit deserves to be called out, the problem is just that a lot of people go too far much like SJW's themselves do, and end up accusing ANY presence of a minorty character as being revisonist shit like even when it's actually accurate or not motivated by that

Attached: D4d2cyiUUAAT2Et.jpg (1512x1188, 546K)

That's a fetiche I didn't know I have
Thanks user

That game was great, I might have to replay it soon, the natives seemed like cool classes to recruit, shame I had to gas them all

>fetiche
why

Cute girls

Attached: 66773613_p0.png (1414x2000, 1.58M)

>fetiche

Attached: 1514007476799.jpg (1024x958, 102K)

Sacré bleu

we may be effeminate degenerates, but we still made all the europeans our bitches.
I wonder what it makes of them ?

Attached: 463700_francuzskaya_tyazhelaya_kavaleriya_kirasiry_udarna_1920x1200_www.Gde-Fon.com.jpg (1600x1000, 296K)

good realistic esque designs but with the occasional beauty

>but we still made all the europeans our bitches
except you just folded over until the USA came in

Cute girls in modest armors.

Attached: __original_drawn_by_nguyen_uy_vu__ff9e7f09bd69993a6eab0f683c0d43bd.jpg (800x1200, 312K)

>There actually were a small handful of women Conquistadors.

No there werent.

Peak

You explained accuracy not why you chose it

Cute girls but also historically accurate so they should be in the kitchen or gardening and shit.

Attached: 1560954191121.jpg (571x852, 219K)

>History starts in 1944
The absolute state of burger "education"

>That's not quite true: Again, there were a few (very few) Conquidators who were outright female, and a few of the women who travelled with them as cooks, maids, sexual tools etc ended up particpating in battles over the years

I interpreted his post as saying that no women were brought along to fight, but if I understand you correctly you're saying they ended up in fights despite this? I thought conquistadors were something along the lines of a title given to (male) explorers. Women could become them too then? Do you have any good stories about female Conquistadors?

*empties your coffers*
Heh, nothing personal Louis

You have the worst of both opinions

neither

I'm conflicted, tbqh

This.

Attached: 1533416117357.jpg (1920x2400, 493K)

Have breakfast

It's the default choice for /y/ners

but 99.999% were not

Conquistador literally means ‘he who conquers’. It’s not a title.

asdas

why not both?

Attached: heroes2.jpg (1874x600, 266K)

>‘he who conquers’
>he

Proved my point.

Jokes aside, thanks for the info. So how would you greet Cortez, for example? You wouldn't call him "Conquistador Cortez"?

Alright Yea Forums

Titty-armor
or
realistic armor

which is better

why not both?

Tiddy armor can work if it's more dome shaped like instead of pic related

Attached: Berserk-Koei-Tecmo_2016_07-07-16_011.png (705x774, 279K)

realistic so i have a decent surprise when i tear their armor apart to rape them

neither.
>that's why you don't see women commanders, colonels, generals and admirals in all of recorded History.
thats bullshit though.

A lot better, lot more roleplaying involved, more accurate in terms of realism (still way more chicks than necessary in england for some weird fucking reason even though it makes perfect sense in the Scandinavia part of the game), and a far more satisfying ending.

>thats bullshit though.

I think he means that outside of freak occurances, those roles have always been held by men.

Realistic armor hiding really big tits

Is party of 4 soldiers, 2 hunters, 1 scholar, 1 scout, 2 docs good?

Attached: Ship.jpg (800x1200, 234K)

videogames aren't real, you are having sex with your pillow not that 2d vidya girl
good taste

I'm still salty they made a potential companion (big guy Esteban) an exclusive for kickstarter backers with no alternative (purchasable or otherwise) of unlocking him.

Had I known this before buying the game, I would've had boycotted it desu.

yeah basically
as long as you have at least one of each you won't find yourself totally fucked

Cute girls and historical accuracy.
Do it like M&B. if you roll a girl, you activate hard mode. Nothing more, nothing less.

noice

Historical accuracy because it makes me feel warm fuzzies about how good the world used to be.

>wanting to a recruit a dirty rebel
shiggyitydiggitydo

Statistically, the times women were allowed to lead troops they showed themselves to be more capable than the average man general.

Cleopatra, Beodicca or however you spell it, Zenobia, several different Russian rulers.

Can you have that many? I could have sworn it was like 6
I don't like ranged dudes, they seem mostly useless
So I'd replace those hunters with 1 soldier and 1 scout
And no, you don't need 1 of everyone

Cute trannies UwU

Not really. It'd have to look really dumb. Even the picture you're referring to as "better" will guide stabs / upwards slashes straight into the heart / sternum.

You can have round breastplates but you can't have that pleasing "boob" shape without introducing weaknesses.

Expedition party is 10 people, but only 6 guys can be on a battlefield.

Oh wait it was 6 at the start and then you slowly got more guys to control, right?

Attached: .jpg (1134x1276, 171K)

You'd expect that, though, because a woman would have to be either be very exceptional or in a position of great power (hence large army) to be allowed to lead troops in those times.

nah you get to bring a lot of people for camp duties and so forth
you only get to field a handful tho

What the fuck does guiding it matter? Slashes don't penetrate plate.

>Statistically, the times women were allowed to lead troops they showed themselves to be more capable than the average man general.
Lol.

look at this retard who never heard of a fucking halberd/poleaxe/bec-de-corbin/etc

Probably by his actual rank: Captain General.

Realistic armor. But when I say realistic armor I mean realistic fucking historical armor. Not the "completely flat and long breastplates because boobplate triggered me so hard I need to correct it and make it equally unrealistic and dysfunctional". No. I want girls in realistic armors. Meaning I want full on wasp armor shaped girls. Curvy looking, natural hip ending breastplates, plackarts and cuirasses God damn. Like pic related.

Renaissance painters knew their shit. Not these /d/-tier retards and tumblr whale niggers drawing retarded ugly looking shit. Real armors were fucking sexy. Look at Milanese armors. Look at Gothic armors. Look at Maximilian armors and tonlets. All beautiful, slender, curvy and perfectly fine for a feminine girl too.

Attached: 1450580399286.jpg (1522x2000, 885K)

If i wanted historical accuracy I’d read a book
Give the me the cute girls, these are fucking videogames who gives a shit

Are you retarded? Celo wasnt a general. Boudicaia outnumbered the romans by 10 to 1 and lost. Zenobia wasn’t a leader of armies either and she lost too.

Those are political leaders. They weren't in the shit.

based

If you're using any of those it doesn't matter what your plate armor is shaped like

fpbp

both

It absolutely does, especially against lighter armaments. Properly-angled armor can and will protect against all but the heaviest of bladed weapons. Shaping your armor to have an underboob will get you bisected at the chest.

There's also the fact that for instance a warhammer or mace is going to drive that underboob straight into your heart and kill you instantly instead of just restricting your movement and breathing like chest blows normally do.

I concur

Attached: 1559443592530.jpg (758x644, 64K)

this

Based curvy armor user
Based Jeanne

Girls that were historically very cute

Attached: Purest.png (1085x789, 500K)

Amen

Attached: Joan of Arc.jpg (1164x1600, 513K)

There were always a handful of women in military vessels. Not conquistadors though, mostly washerwomen.

Heretical whore.

>overrated banner bearer

Get out eternal bongoloids.

Attached: 1557075617698.jpg (770x1062, 1.07M)

Attached: 1561173123169.png (218x230, 48K)

I'm gonna need you to posts factual sources that corroborate your claims

Attached: 1453054885925.jpg (568x898, 151K)

what a salty pile ashes we have here boiyos.

Attached: 1557080704062.png (680x1089, 385K)

Joan of Arc never directly led an engagement. She was present as a religious symbol.

I loved that descarte looking bastard who just wanted to fuck a little brown girl.

Depends on the game.

Attached: 17a2f80d-9cf3-4e38-8355-4827d070cf66.jpg (750x499, 101K)

fun fact: if your answer wasn't cute girls you are gay.

Attached: the more you know.png (300x250, 31K)

fun fact: those are your cute girls in modern gaming

Attached: 'cute'.jpg (1280x720, 116K)

Based

Attached: 1540628151144.jpg (1080x1563, 560K)

>conquistador thread
one of my favourite games and I never even got to finish it because my save file bloated until it locked up the system or memory leaked to death upon loading in, with all of my map data gone

Fuck arrow rain by the way.

>modern western gaming*
FTFY

Attached: 1557076101364.jpg (3840x2160, 461K)

Rather be gay then a faggot.

Again, there were a small number, depending on how you define "Conquistador": Inés Suárez started out as one of the cooks/maids I mentioned, but eventually transitioned into actually participating in battles and even received an encomienda.

See above.

Basically Conquistador expeditions would sometimes have women accompanying them for cooking, carrying supplies, domestic shit in camp, etc, but at times out of nessscarity or other reasons the women would particpate in battles, and, rarely, actually receive the sort of land/slave grants that male conquistadors would get.

María Estrada is actually speficfied as not just having eventualy particpated in battles and then eventually being given the same grants as conquistadors, but actually having been present as a soldier from the start, though there's dispute over how much of that is truthful or not.

To be brutally honest, though, my primary interest and knowledgebase is more on the actual Mesoamerican/native side then the Spanish side of thing, so all of what i'm saying is stuff i've picked up tangentially and I wouldn't be able to dig up further sources or citations for you, wheras if we were talking, about, say, Maya water mangement systems or Aztec urban planning or something I could go in way more detail.

For women, of course absolutely not denying that. For africans i'd probably say it's not 99..99% weren't, maybe more like 96% weren't. There's a lot less total conquistadors then you probably think and as I said there's at least 2 dozen or so black conquistadors who actually particpatefd not just as slaves but actual combatants and some received grants.

Attached: No.gif (500x209, 1.94M)

"No."

Attached: a2.png (609x1183, 1007K)

Seething Anglo!

Also i'll add onto the "99.999% weren't" comment and actually say that if you wanna be loose with how you define Conquistador, you could actually argue 99% weren't even Spanish:

the vast, absolute majority of the troops and armies used throughout the Spanish Conquest of both Mesoamerica and the Andes were the troops and armies of native states;, not Conquistadors: The Spanish were super reliant on them, even as diseases and epidemics ravaged native populations, and even with both diseases at play and having armies in the tens and sometimes hundreds of thousands from various city-states and kingdoms, it still took the Spanish decades to actually subjugate most of Mesoamerica and the Andes, with some places actually never truly being pacified for centuries.

Had these native states decided to tell the Spanish to fuck off rather then helping them, or had they turned on the Spanish after they overthrew the larger empires like the Aztec, Inca, Purepecha, etc; then Spanish would have never been able to directly conquer either region (though you'd still probably see indirect imperalism via monpolizing naval trave/transportation and make the native empires depedent on them; and the areas without actual civilizations would probably still get colonized, though not as completely as in actual huistory) Again, even with diseases and the native troops, it took decades, and it wasn't easy. People don't realize because they are only taught about the conflict against the Aztec and Inca and that's it, ands even that's taught poorly.

I talk more about how lucky the Mesoamerican Conquests actually was and how it easily could have failed in detail here desuarchive.org/his/thread/5526254/#5526329 and here boards.fireden.net/v/thread/441551507/#441565260 and why mesoamerican states allied with them due to how native geopolitics worked here: pastebin.com/h18M28BR; see pic for the Inca/Andes

Attached: how lucky pizarro was to conquer the inca.png (1279x540, 113K)

i wish i could dick cassandra in rl

>not Valerie

Shit taste in high test waifus, m8.

Attached: val.jpg (1280x720, 96K)

but user i've only played DAI, and even that quited after 40hs

Jeanne was involved in planning pretty much every battle she was in, even if it just came down to her telling the other generals that they needed to be more aggressive. She was also the best at artillery, which she used to capture many settlements without a battle.