One day everyone will call this the game of the decade

one day everyone will call this the game of the decade

Attached: hk_eshop_banner.jpg (700x394, 58K)

that day is today

i said everyone

You know it's because of posts like these that make every nigger on this board think that talking about Hollow Knight is shilling it?
Don't get me wrong, i love the game aswell, but jesus christ dude chill with the autism

it's nybbler's birthday

I should probably give it a try at some point, since I like the genre. I really hate the artstyle, though.

haven't been here in like 2 months m8

Myeah, there's been alot of falseflagging recently.
I guess haters saw their opportunity with another big metroidvania releasing.

Gotta be the most overrated game on here. It’s too big and gets boring. It’s still a good game but it lends itself to pretentious overhyping.

I think "bests" are really fucking stupid and just an excuse for needless shitflinging. There are simply games that are worth playing and games that are not worth playing. Hollow Knight is obviously in the former.

>wah wah wah wah i hate falseflagging i hate shitposting i hate fun.
lighten up boomers.

Fucking this
You don't always need to be better than someone else, just enjoy what you got, and have some fun.

Sure kiddo

Attached: 1381899486197.jpg (800x536, 271K)

Oops!

Attached: 5FBA0D58-73E3-4333-98A3-6CF158EC1F6A.png (1134x587, 265K)

>being a retard who thinks they're just pretending to be a retard and spamming all day is fun for muh le zoom zoom brain
Kill yourself.

It's not fun to turn people off from playing a genuinely good game, just because they think the fan base is shitty.
You can always start a console war thread if you feel like exchanging insults with someone.

>people think this is shilling

You haven't seen nothing.

Attached: now THIS is autism.png (712x644, 77K)

>shitflinging
Literally saw you in 2 or 3 other posts.
Learned a new word, faggot ?

Ghost Trick is still Game of the Decade but Hollow Knight is up there.

How hard is this game? I've heard it's very difficulty but how difficult are we talking?

It'll stop when Yea Forums finally gets over that game.
Whenever that may be.

Attached: my mistake.png (600x811, 475K)

hey i once heard that all the dlc didn't get cracked yet, is that still true? I've never played any of the dlc yet, and after finishing bloodstained i'd like the replay hollow knight.

The same could be said about Hollow Knight then. It'll stop when people stop considering it a masterpiece, whenever that may bem/

La-Mulana is way too niche, to be considered objectively superior.
It's a great game, but only if you can put up with it's bullshit.

but the dlc is all free

>indie soulsvania garbage with toddler-tier artstyle
>game of the decade

there are very difficult optional bosses and challenges. if you stick to the mandatory stuff it's nothing too extraordinary.

Not difficult at all save for a few optional challenges. Don't buy into memes.

Well, both games are getting sequels, so either seems unlikely to happen anytime soon.

literally impossible

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 68K)

Oh for real? I'll guess i'll pick the game up on sale then.

>soulsvania
Yea Forums is reaching the levels of retardation that shouldn't be humanly possible.

Yeah, I paid £3 for the switch version in the E3 sale and it's been easily worth that, I don't think there's any real reason to pirate

You won't feel that way once you really see just how detailed the art style and atmosphere is as you play

I played ghost trick recently for the first time on my newly bought hacked dsi and wasn't particularly impressed. It's your average shitty vn with a nonsense unbelieveable story and a gimmick, unfun gameplay mechanic. I never played hollow knight but judging from the type of people who promote it it's probably overhyped garbage too.

I know the artstyle isn't quite as good as all those nostalgic throwbacks to the great era of 8-bit gaming, but i think it's passable.

Just bought it with my $5.00 off from the steam event. What am I in for? Also keyboard or controller?

Comfy exploration, lotsa lore and somewhat challenging bosses,
i'd say controller, but i heard keyboard works fine too.

Is it worth $40 just for the physical edition?

That's the one with the plush, right?
The game itself is definitely worth more than it's default $15 price tag, but i wouldn't say much more than $30 on it's own.

i happily used both keyboard and controller

>one day I will own this board...

Attached: 1465531170767.jpg (320x313, 25K)

it's good but entirely derivative and doesn't push its genre forward as a masterpiece usually does
that's why it will never be game of the decade or game of anything for that matter
metroid prime 4 will completely overshadow it

i'd take this artstyle over the shit bloodstained 3d any day

like said, it's something I just don't understand. There's not a thing HK does that's not been done better in another game and HK brings absolutely nothing new to the table.

It's going to be the darksiders of its generation at best. And its fanbase is unsufferable.
I still can't believe how praised this game was even though the only thing people talk about are the two or three bosses that filtered casuals.

>HK brings absolutely nothing new to the table
it's mentality like this that gave us the absolute shit tier final fantasy games we have now for example

It's because while it may not excel in certain mechanics, it does all of them really well, which makes the game feel like it knows what it wants to be.
Personally i'd say the main appeal for me was the exploration being fun and rewarding, but i guess that depends on how much you like the combat, since most of the time exploration leads to optional bosses.
Also it's popular to shit on the artstyle here nowadays, but most people find it charming, and it's definitely nice to see something handdrawn like this between all the faux retro and 3d games nowadays.

>Implying Metroid Prime 4 will come out this decade, as in, this YEAR

I prefer playing a flawed game that tried something than replaying the same game over and over.
Team Cherry made the most safe game I've ever seen, but they won't get away with this. Silksong is going to let some fans down because it's going to be the exact same game with a "different" moveset.

This. For me, it's game of the decade. I can easily see why others might not like it as much but I love Metroidvanias and this is hands down the best one to come out since 2010.

I can definitely see the argument, but at the end of the day my favorite games are the ones where I keep having fun with them long after my first impressions. In my experience, more flawed, but more original games have less staying power than really full experiences of ideas we've seen before.

fpbp

>Better than W101
I don't think so

I do love metroidvanias and that's exactly why I don't like HK. Metroidvanias are supposed to have original level design and/or original mechanics justifying the backtracking and the length of the game. HK has neither and most of its appeal comes from the boss battles. Level design is an art that should be at its brightest in metroidvanias, maps shouldn't be lame layers stacked upon each other. That's pretty much why la mulana is an absolute masterpiece, as every room have their own secrets tailor made for them.

>boring metroidvania with an edgy art style
>game of the decade
Dark Souls did it better anyway.

I'll always think of it as an empty shell of a game.

Comparing stuff to La-Mulana is not fair, to either game.
It's way too different from most others, be it in the genre or not.
I think HK makes exploration and backtracking work by having nice scenery (if you like the artstyle, of course), and the knight feeling good to control.
Further i don't think the level design is as bad as you make it out to be, i've played my fair share of bad metroidvanias and HK definitely feels more polished than those.
It is very dependend on you enjoying the bosses though, i'll give you that.

why do you hold wizard101 in such high regard

Fuck this zoomer bullshit, go play Classicvania instead.

Technically it can be qualified for "game of the decade" at the end of this year (2010-2019). But knowing how retarded people are, they'll just all jump onto Breath of the Wild for the mass majority.

Same decade as Dark Souls?
Not on chance on Yea Forums.

That, and falseflaggers.

More like shill game of the century

I'm sure they've spent x 100 what the game costed to make to shill this shit im sick of it