Katana zero

just finished this game. what the fuck just happened?

Attached: 8c5a6090f12bb722fdd7a8185e3ec6b5b878a450.jpg (616x353, 57K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=o72FGjCgUX8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

You played a GOAT experience.

YOU'RE FUCKING SUBHUMAN

what is the story? i don't understand. confused as shit. all i can do is wait for more?

You're on Chronos. You're not the child in the memory. Which mask did you choose?

Does the game have multiple endings? With the whole rewinding time shtick, I imagine I can go back and make different choices

If you reached the point where you can choose to live or die, you should know if there's multiple endings.

There's two endings, but most of the other things just unlock various dialogue and give new insights on the story, not proper endings. There is a lot of cool hidden shit though -- you can keep Leon from ever showing up by cutting the right cables, for instance.

i chose life because i didn't want to die and i got to keep playing. do i need to go back and do death now?

Not really, it's exactly what it sounds like.

I'm not after the chronos, I'm on it. Enjoy your date, Yea Forums.

I don't know, but was it fun?

it was very fun i loved hotline miami 1 + 2 so this game was awesome 9/10

Not him but yeah. Very.

Sounds good to me. I've been curious about it for a while.

you're a super soldier from the war along with fifteen and lost your memory due to some injury that may or may not be related to said war
the ending implies that zero regained his memory after refusing to kill the family in the bunker, since the scene before the credits shows the full scene the dreams have been building to
the child may or may not actually exist, but since the cops react to tragedy in chinatown and the note on the wall after the break in implies she, along with them, might actually be real
there's also another faction that v and snow work for that is against who zero and the psychotherapist work for, along with fifteen and headhunter (female null) trying to kill everyone involved with chronos as revenge
the nulls might also be test tube children, due to the weird emphasis placed on the hallway full of them in the bunker and one being in al quasim's mansion

to be continued? when to be continued?

i wish the game had a hotline miami combo system so i could rack up big numbers for being cooler / more efficient and feel good about it

H- how did you know what i was gonna ask you?!

Attached: 0.jpg (671x708, 117K)

The note that was left when the girl was kidnapped could imply the child from the memory kidnapped her as revenge.

>just finished that "boss fight" where it eventually began to glitch out and rose petal girl showed up
It was at this moment, I knew I loved this game

Attached: 1561401796160.png (256x256, 114K)

When a sequel happens, duh.

is this game good?

>apparently the drug puts you into a permanent torture state that not death can put you out of

Ok, uh....how exactly did they find that out?

Probably from one of the terminal chronos subjects telling them in a panic that they can't ever die, not ever, and their torture is ongoing.

I hate this term but this game has "soul", and has some top notch gameplay.
Free DLC is coming btw which extends the story.

Maybe it just hadn't happened yet.

I KNEW IT

user, the basic idea of chronos is every time you die, you are set back in time. For the gammas, it could be endless. The masked men tell you that if you choose the mask of life, you give up having death. That's the significance of that decision.

Junkie.

I didn't realize the failed timelines were "real" so this shit blew my mind.

>You never play as Zero
>You just plan the path Zero is gonna take
>The recordings is actually Zero doing the plan you traced
>Every death is just a dead end.

how long is this?

4 hours

Depends how much you blow it. And you will blow it.

They've added 3 more achievements on Steam since last I played, but before that I had 100% with 7 hours.

You need to play the game again. Because you've missed the point. Every death is real.

>security tape plays
>it's during the night of the prison mission
>blonde swordsman shows up
>playing Switch version, so the default controls uses the A button for both advancing dialogue and it happens to be what the new guy uses for his ability
>press it to advance the guard's text after his entrance thinking I'm still in a cutscene just watching the tape
>mfw

By far the coolest fucking way I've ever seen to start a new level where you're playing as somebody else, and immediately demonstrating a new power they have in the most fluid and natural manner as well. Both this and were absolute fucking kino.

Attached: 1509233213217.png (680x570, 1.6M)

Its not real, its just Zero doing scenarios in his mind very fast.

Wrong. Chronos sends him back in time when he's failed so he can try again. Read the goddamn dialogue.

The "failed" timelines were basically your mind foreseeing the future and concluding that course of action is not the solution to the situation. That's why you actually see the "replay" on levels because you actually execute what you foresaw. I thought that was pretty obvious.

wtf that's not true, it's called chronos because it makes you see the future

Nigga there is no time travel in this shit, did you read the dialogue? Did you heard anything the final boss said? Did you notice how when you tried to kill the boss the first time you see the recording but it doesnt go as Zero planned because the other guy activated his mind power? Did you notice Zero got blown by the door because he couldnt predict it was there?

>Three guys by the exit door
>Do a Chrono jump to slash them and exit at the same time
>The footage just shows Dragon standing before the 3 dudes and the feed just cuts
God damn cool.

user... You can beat him.

There's no future sight. Chronos sends you back when you die, which causes an endless death loop for people on chronos. It's the whole reason those people on chronos want revenge against the creators of chronos, they can never die because their minds keep reseting back in time. Forever.

Sasuga iliterate user, didnt you notice how Zero is also able to predict the Junkies text? The game spelled it out for you and you still dont understand.

FUCK I KNEW IT
This is why I love this game, shit like this.

He predicted the junkies text because he lived it, and went back in time when he died.

>Did you notice how when you tried to kill the boss the first time you see the recording but it doesnt go as Zero planned because the other guy activated his mind power?
Again, not a "mind power." They reset back in time because they DIED and tried again themselves.

NOT. FUTURE. SIGHT.

>finished a game that isnt finished and requires dlc to be complete
ok

They do die in other people's timelines but they are still living the last moments of their life in their minds over and over. Why the fuck do you think the Nulls were tested at all? Most of them died because they didn't figure the solutions out of the situation.

Did you finish high school?

Attached: Retard.png (1391x748, 447K)

>giving a shit about the story in a video game

Attached: 1561546189540.gif (500x500, 309K)

Exactly, they're still living the death loop. Are you stupid?

In the very text you posted, they're fucking dead. But they're still experiencing death. How could that be future sight? THEY'RE DEAD.

I can find at least 5 more of these, more if I bothered to replay the game. That is why Zero could see days ahead when he was in withdrawal, his visions were out of control. Who the fuck do you think talks when Zero dies or finishes a stage? Thats why he says "This will work"

Attached: Dumbass.png (1481x742, 955K)

Explain to me how a dead person can still be reliving the moment of their death if it's just future sight. Explain that to me. It's time shenanigans. Their mind keeps going back.

But how did you know...?

But you still get the same result

Do you know what time dilatation is dumbas?

Their bodies are stuck in their own timeline prior to death and their perception goes ahead, resets repeating endlessly

a game that was 15 dollars and abruptly ends after 4 hours with no conclusion is the biggest fuck you to the purchaser i've ever seen. when you remove the story elements of this game its incredibly generic and around 40 minutes long. ALL it had was the story.

Attached: Learntoread.png (1480x739, 951K)

Their perception does not exist in a primary timeline anymore. When you die, you're done. Future sight cannot exist when your body and mind is dead. Inactive. Not functioning.

You keep posting sceenshots that don't contradict what I've said. Weird. He actually lived that, he didn't envision it retard.

I never said it did.

>first playthrough didn't even slow down time
It just feels better without it. Also this last thing is mocking me.

Attached: speedrun.jpg (300x115, 17K)

>When you pull of some insane shit you didn't even mean to

FUCK this game was great. OST is absolute top notch as well.

Attached: 1494635267419.gif (499x654, 1.44M)

HE USES THE WORD VISIOS, READ THE PICTURES I I AM POSTING.

Nigga, when Zero gets kidnapped the reason it works its because his mind thinks it will go one way and the reality goes in another, thats why you go past the door the first time and the recording you blowing up.

Listen to the masked men again. They offer you the masks of life and death, but whatever you choose, you give up the other. You have a chance to die for real. But if you don't take it, you never will. How could that be? Because it isn't future sight, you are stuck reliving the actual events in an endless loop. If it was just future sight, eventually the future would catch up and he'd know true death.

Then why is taking life giving up true death you ask? Because it's true time travel by their perception.

>incredibly generic
did you just ignore the graphics and gameplay

>If it was just future sight, eventually the future would catch up and he'd know true death.
Do you know what time dilatation is faggot?

sequel is already confirmed

This game really showed me that Hotline Miami-likes (instakill, fast restart, max speed, some luck involved) are nothing for me. I'm sick at the movie studio level and can't figure out how to ever proceed, even if it's just a few screens I get massacred every damn time. Am I even supposed to use the slow motion? Could somebody please just give me a basic retard's guide on how to actually play this?

Fuck I feel like shit.

Attached: Scottish-Pokemon-Captain-Hanyuu-1.jpg (1107x1200, 184K)

So you admit true time shenanigans are happening then?

>when you get so good that you do everything without stop motion

Attached: 75234583-77BB-4A2A-AD07-0DC898B283F6.gif (245x240, 108K)

It seems you dont understand what time dilatation is.

It seems you don't either, because you can't seem to use your words to explain how I'm wrong.

>Am I even supposed to use the slow motion?
Yes, at least your first time through. Also, despite how hectic the game is, you don’t have to rush it. Pick up throwable items when you can, smoke grenades are OP for example.

Free DLC

spam slow mode

Okay last post because at this point I know this is bait but there might be some anons reading.

Time dilatation is how to different observers have different measurements of time when the exact time has happened, thus one could experience endless deaths in a second.

Also when you run out of time in a mission zero says
>I can't remember all of this. I have to be more efficient
Thus showing his foresight has a limitation and thats why you can see stuff happening from two days on when he is on withdrawal. I am done, if you refuse to understand after this I really pity you.

I think 15$ is fine for what it offered, specially now with all the additional content, secret boss, secret weapons, one of the best hard modes ever made, great soundtrack and pixel graphics that aren’t ‘pixelshit’. The game goes on sale often, so you don’t even have to pay 15$ for it.

The fact of the matter is it isn't "just in their heads" because the other person's time shenanigans interfere with your own. That proves there's real changes happening due to their minds going back. It isn't just planning.

Not him but Time dilation has nothing to do with time travel. Physically it's just object's "slower" "velocity" through time-axis on time-space due to one's large velocity on space-axis. In this game's case you just replace the spatial velocity with Chronos basically, which is not actually all that different.

>dont give a dude chronos until he's clinically dead from withdrawal.
>revive him.
>ask him to describe the experience.

Cant wait for the sequel/DLC

what's with the X days remaining?
I didn't get it

>When you've died to the same string of bullets so many times that reflecting it is second nature.

Attached: fdc.gif (600x338, 2.99M)

But you are admitting that despite slower velocity, eventually chronos would have to intersect with the true timeline, no matter how slowly. That isn't what we are taught by the game.

Day until you have to choose between life and death

Dodge roll is very important. Use it to avoid things like shotgun blasts, because you can't reflect every pellet. It's also great for closing a gap or getting behind someone.

It IS planning, but they dont know what the other guy is thinking so it turns into an
>i know that you know that i know that you know, etc.
Alpha beta and gamma nulls had different success rates with their planning, with gamma nulls being 100%.

They had different SURVIVAL rates. Again, doesn't contradict what I've said.

Not that user but you are reaching levels of mental gymnastics that shouldnt be possible.

They literally said "survival" rates.

Probably the same way as in that one Junji Ito story about neverending dream.
Brain activity and shit.

What is the ultimate way to play this game and why is it 0% screenshake and no slow-mo?

One of the theories going around is that the chapel scene with the "28 years in the god-forsaken jungle" is another chronos user experiencing withdrawal and not Zero, it can thus be deduced that time enters an infinite loop when you completely run out, but it's kind of a stretch really.

if the chronos is kind of like the future sight, is all the life he's living is it also just in mind? there is a possibility for that too and what is that medication that therapist gives him? is it chronos? if it is how does it make him calm? if not getting chronos numbs his future sight and kind of kills him, isnt that what he wants to die? but that doesn't seem to be the case because not getting that medication also make that not dying thing worse and by not dying it means that his future sight is working.
wtf is all this shit. whatever I understood from playing this game is probably wrong

This argument is pointless anyways, arguing impossible physics in a video game. Either they can impossibly perfectly see the future in their mind as it will happen, or they can impossibly be sent back in time. It's all bullshit, regardless of which brand it is.

Withdrawal makes your future sight go nuts, doesnt stop it, thats what happened to zero once, basically they get trapped inside their minds, one real second an eternity trapped.

This game needs a sequel it's GOAT

Alternatively, withdrawal is letting go of your anchor in the present. It's all a matter of perspective if the "visions" are as real as reality or not.

oh so that therapist does give him chronos? and those guys are using him to wipe all chronos from the planet but that would still sacrifice zero right. its like that right.

Has there been any word of possible PS4 release?

Yes, the therapist is waning him off chronos, they're trying to reduce his dosage.

I would kill for a larger version of the game. Its super smooth and engaging setting but its relatively shallow in the end gameplay wise. Maybe with its popularity growing it will get the love it deserves

Put it this way.
From the perspective of the junkie and everyone else, he tortured the neigbours and then killed them.
From the perspective of neighbour_1, he's in an endless loop of being tortured, killed, tortured, killed.
Time is relative to the observer and seems to be determined by your relative speed.
If you fell into a black hole everyone else would briefly see you spagettify, but to you the experience would last a pretty long fucking time stretching to infinity if you were able to stay conscious / alive during it.

Afaik they used him to clean up all the loose ends of chronos and in return tried to wean him off it.
Their backup plan when that inevitably failed and he started getting uppity was to have him assasinated.

Speed of light (in vacuum) is the universal limit of velocity (not going into quantum entanglement shit here), also a singularity here in terms of math, resulting in delta t'-->infinite meaning velocity would be zero on time-axis. I don't want to get too physical here as "Chronos" obviously can't really exist in reality. Extrapolating that zero velocity to "Chronos" equivalent like in my previous post would completely stop one's own timeline (while their mind is stuck in an eternal loop up to one's death) None of this is perceivable by anyone else's timeline.

Basically you have 2 relevant observers here: your body and your perception: Your perception moves fast and resets on death back to your body. Your perception perceives itself in normal time and your body really slow. Your body doesn't perceive anything because your perception does it. (Our physical reality is basically those observers switched and without reset and both observers perceiving shit)

you beat hard mode right user?

No because I suck at vidya

>when you actually get the knack for deflecting normal bullets without using the time slow

Attached: 1475812744310.jpg (692x969, 49K)

Gave it one shot so far and made it to the Prison level before giving it a break. I'll revisit it someday, but I got more games to play in the meantime.
>new enemy type that specifically fucks with your rolling

Attached: 1520918572722.gif (460x341, 2.95M)

Joima

Yeah, took an hour longer than regular mode.

From this day on, you and I are brothers.

youtube.com/watch?v=o72FGjCgUX8

Why hasn't he streamed Katana Zero yet?

That's a good question, bouta tweet that to him

>streamers

Attached: 1527995640676.png (500x375, 246K)

Watching Vinny right now :)

You can't disappoint me any more than you already have.

yes
all i can say is fuck the kung fu guys

Vinny is /ourguy/ though

Attached: vineBoomer.png (380x349, 142K)

I'll bet he is your guy, wojacky.

>wojakcuck
>ecelebs
like clockwork, literal subhuman garbage.

:)

Still don't know how to access i without turing on speedrun.

>I'm sick at the movie studio level and can't figure out how to ever proceed
are you really this retarded??????????????????????????

>People dont understand the story
what the fuck?
No seriously what the fuck
Is this board actually filled with genuine fucking retards?
If you payed attention the story is easy as fuck to follow.
what the fuck were you doing when you were supposed to be listening to what the characters were saying?

Attached: h.jpg (1658x952, 235K)

nah you just die and the game ends there lol

>payed

>0% screenshake
You missed some zeros and a 1 there, buddy.

Attached: f.png (1881x181, 10K)

This game is so fucking shit, story is full cliche scenes and rehashed elements from hotline miami

Gameplay is average at best

I have no idea why it's so high in critics on steam, this game made me feel like nothing new happened in the hipster tryhard indie genre since hotline miami (which I liked back then because it was something new)

It's better than Miami because topdown shooters fucking suck as a genre and sidescrollers are better and tighter.