Silencer reduces damage

>silencer reduces damage

Attached: 4ab.png (585x653, 307K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ballisticsbytheinch.com/index.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Fallout 4 guns were fucking retarded

>foregrip reduces recoil but also reduces accuracy

Attached: 1561742980500.png (1003x1005, 785K)

But that's true. They reduce the velocity of the bullet leaving the gun, reducing the effective range and energy transfer of the bullet upon impact. This effect is especially apparent the shorter the barrel.

>gun is so broken that one of the hardest enemies in the game becomes a resource-farming tool

Attached: Talk.jpg (369x256, 33K)

>snub nose reduces recoil

Attached: 19879178.jpg (300x309, 29K)

>They reduce the velocity of the bullet leaving the gun
they didn't do that for decades
there is dedicated sub-sonic ammunition, which compensates for lack of velocity with much higher projectile mass, but the tube doesn't do shit to muzzle velocity in any way worth discussing

No. A suppressor makes a bullet go even faster.

>OH MY GOD VIDEOGAMES HAVE TO USE GAMEPLAY MECHANICS TO BALANCE THINGS THAT DON'T REFLECT REALITY?! BETTER MAKE ANOTHER THREAD ABOUT IT!!!

>TO BALANCE THINGS
suck a shotgun
when your gun modification system wants to modify stats, make it at least make general sense
receiver has no physical property that would allow it to increase alpha damage
literally none
that shit depends on caliber, barrel length, projectile type and powder load

Ghost Recon Wildlands gun balancing is 100% retarded. To add insult to injury you get a perk that unlocks "no damage penalty when using silencers"

only realistic downside to using a silencer is the increased bulk of the weapon.
gotta artificially nerf them in the vidya otherwise there would be no reason not to use them all the time

Well, the logic isn't entirely untrue, but I doubt the game designers actually know it. With a short barrel the bullet leaves the barrel sooner so the combustion gases will accelerate it for a shorter duration and it has less muzzle velocity and therefore also it causes a lower equal and opposite force.
However a longer barrel is heavier so it probably mitigates the muzzle climb and the force of the recoil has a harder time moving a more massive object.

>subsonic ammo significantly reduces penetration and range
>suppressor slightly increases penetration and range
>can be used independently but supersonic ammo damages suppressor
>foregrip improves hipfire but penalises prone fire
>bipod improves prone fire
>some bipods can be used as less efficient foregrips

Attached: s1tgd0.jpg (1600x640, 269K)

noguns detected

>there would be no reason not to use them all the time
Except in Army of Two. iirc not only should you play unsilenced, that game lets you install gunshot sound amplifiers so that you could aggro enemies to draw their fire away from your coop buddy.

It's also a dirtier and gets hot faster.

>game has a dancing minigame

Okay, then what does happen exactly? The expanding gases always go somewhere, and the gas expansion is what drives the bullet. With a short barrel the gas gets to escape before it has fully expanded. With an optimal length barrel the gas escapes just as the pressure of the air inside the barrel in front of the bullet and the friction of the bullet are reaching equal force of the expanding gas that propels the bullet. I don't know about guns, but I do know physics and that's how it has to work. So what exactly did I get wrong? I'd really like to know so I won't be misinforming anyone in the future.

>silencer reduces noise

Attached: 1533529822280.gif (200x177, 2.21M)

Also the plate carriers from the game are ridiculous

Attached: GRW plate carrier.png (854x954, 604K)

>They reduce the velocity of the bullet leaving the gun
what the fuck are you talking about? suppressors have next to zero effect on muzzle velocity.

>shotgun is absurdly powerful point-blank
>it's borderline worthless more than 5 feet away from an enemy

Attached: df5712157a47e04cf7d5a07a31aa7b92.jpg (988x1227, 209K)

holy fuck have you ever even touched a gun in your life? Go fire a snubbie in .38 with a +P round, then immediately fire a big 6" barreled revolver in .357 and tell me which one has more apparent recoil.

I just recently heard that the integrated silencer on one of those silenced MP5s actually does reduce muzzle velocity but that might have been bullshit. That speed has to be turned into heat, and with such a fast weapon that would be kinda stupid.

I'm convinced that all game devs think that shotguns are the same as blunderbusses

>silencer doesnt lower stats but haves durability and breaks after some shots

Best gameplay

>gives an example with different rounds
Motherfucker this is about identical rounds in identical guns with short and long barrels

based britbong adachi

Attached: Adachi (2).png (498x574, 449K)

>CoD4
>Putting a red dot on the AK-47 reduces damage
>Putting an ACOG on the M40 increases damage

Attached: What the hell face.gif (300x199, 1.78M)

not that user but you will still feel more recoil in a snub because its lighter. its really that simple.
i think he was trying to say a .38sp+p would be comparable to a full sized .357, i wouldn't know though, never fired .357 before.

Good god why the fuck do I ever leave /k/?
>gives an example with different rounds
Yeah, noguns completely confirmed. .38 is the parent cartridge of .357 and is the exact same except for a bit more case length and (by proxy) a higher powder load. A 357 will fire a 38+P will fire a 38 standard.
The point I was making is, the big boy with the 6" barrel will have LESS apparent recoil despite firing the hotter .357 load because of the weight of the gun and the fact that the shorter barrel doesn't do anything to mitigate recoil in the way you were bullshitting about.
Good lord, go touch a weapon once before you start spouting off about them.

Attached: download.jpg (600x739, 104K)

>Silencer doesn't actually allow stealthy gameplay
Realistic, yet disappointing.

Attached: Untitled.jpg (1280x720, 411K)

>Volcanic Pistol in RDR is somehow not the worst pistol in the game and in fact even better than the Cattleman Revolver

Attached: death.png (191x196, 22K)

Based /k/ommando teaching Yea Forumstards about guns

>ballisticsbytheinch.com/index.html
Read through this site if you really care. Really though, don't talk about stuff you have no experience with even if you "understand the physics". 1-300 fps is not going to change felt recoil very much compared to other factors like size, weight, and (somewhat) bore axis location. I don't know why I'm even trying to explain this shit on Yea Forums of all places when the average /k/ shitter will fail to understand simpler concepts.

This always fucking frustrated me
Also
>borschardt is reliable even when you smash the trigger as fast as you can go
I mean I know it would be dumb to add the shittiness of that gun to the game, but it still triggers me that they would go to the lengths they did to have time-period appropriate (even if not quite realistic at times) weaponry but then get all fucky with which ones are better.

Its very simple user, longer barrel puts the center of mass of the gun closer to the barrel, so when you shoot the recoil push it upwards but the weight makes a torque between the center of mass and your hands downwards and the longer that distance the better.

>mfw reloading .35 rem with .38 spc wadcutters
Wish me luck.

Attached: 4bf.png (680x772, 475K)

You /k/unts are worse than Kojimafags. Whenever someone is wrong all you can do is insult them. It was a question about physics with only ingorance regarding the magnitude of forces. Barrel length does increase muzzle velocity but the increased mass of a physically larger gun mitigates the recoil more than increased muzzle velocity increases it.

Well it slows down the bullet so it makes sense it would do less damage

based

>buckshot is actual pellets with low armor penetration each (greater effect of armor dr per shot)
>stamina damage ignores armor, good hit can still knock down or stun
>tfw slugs
>can manually load mags with a mix of both so you stun and kill anything in two shots
>all living game devs
rip apeiron

>it slows down the bullet

Attached: UnimpressedMusk.jpg (1559x1080, 597K)

based. have fun user.

Attached: 1434279930965.jpg (398x500, 25K)

>standard receiver
>high power receiver
>advanced reveiver

Attached: What did he mean by this.png (1920x1088, 2.36M)

>makarov does more damage than all other 9mm pistols in game
Fucking siege

Functionality > Practicality

If there was no drawback, there'd be no reason not to use it, cunt.

Guess what you inbred /k/tards? Giving suppressed weapons a damage nerf balances silencers from a gameplay standpoint and that's all that matters. No normal person cares about how guns work in real life or the muzzle velocity of a .357 round when it's fired from a 6" barrel. Like, shut the fuck up. This is autistic and you're embarrassing yourselves.

Attached: image.jpg (934x488, 55K)

>reloading .35 rem with .38 spc wadcutters

Attached: TheViolenceHasEscalatedDoomGuy.jpg (564x707, 173K)

I rather silencers reduce accuracy

You can’t use google to educate yourself so that’s why people here have to sit you down and do it

>Hitman has normal and silenced versions of many weapons
>literally no reason to ever use a non-silenced version unless it's a challenge run or you didn't unlock the silenced version yet

Attached: Patty thinking.png (246x275, 103K)

>Game has sniper rifles
>Without bullet drop or realistic physics

Attached: 1528121283523.gif (680x490, 324K)

the only people embarrassing themselves here are the ones who keep calling them silencers

>How to tell OP is a noguns

Or it could be because it's more effective and elegant solution to a close-ranged gun than "bullet stops existing outside of effective range"

Attached: Untitled.jpg (691x823, 85K)

>It was a question about physics
No retard, it's a question of biology and physics because we are talking about FELT recoil. And there is a wealth of information on the internet about this subject. So when one continually see armchair experts like yourself act like an authority on the subject when the closest you've ever been to a gun is that time the school resource officer passed you in the hallway, I think it's perfectly natural to act a little peeved.

I honestly don't know what to expect and I'd prefer if this boomer cartridge didn't normally go for over buck per round. But that's the price you pay I guess.

Attached: 2016-01-30_22.45.07.jpg (1632x918, 1.1M)

Still nobody cares, /k/. Unload your clip and stop shooting this weak shit at me.

>how to tell poster is a faggot who literally opened the thread and immediately shat out his opinion even though a brief read-through would prompt him to shut the fuck up before saying anything

>Bullets come out at 45 degree angles when not aiming down the scope

The problem is that game devs are lazy and retarded you could balance by making silencer a straight upgrade thats harder to get, or balance by cost of opportunity where you could install a suppresor that lower recoil a lot so you have a tradeoff if you use a silencer

An equal amount of gas is created. It's just that with a longer barrel more of it goes into propelling the bullet.

doesn't silence
patent should be void

>.45 does more damage than 9 mm

Attached: 1379793262648.png (658x331, 359K)

>by making silencer a straight upgrade thats harder to get
Hey EA, I found your new Star Wars guy.

The drawback should be that you're not using other muzzle devices that would have reduced recoil more. I will admit that this might cause some issues with balancing because then you could just git gud at managing recoil and keep the benefits of a supressor.

>jump with AWP while also spinning in CS 1.6
>gun shoots straight down on the floor

Attached: teedoos.jpg (1000x600, 90K)

gator-aid has no health benefits
qtips legally can't be sold as ear cleaners
there was no dr. pepper and the person who made it was not a doctor

>longer barrel means more drag on the bullet
>this somehow doesn't slow it down
ok retard

Attached: vzi75.jpg (460x523, 23K)

gunshow grab or handmedown? regardless nice rifle user
woodmaster model?

Sh-shut up...

Supressor increases the chance of pets being damaged during fights. Here I fixed them in a realistic way

I've never even held a gun in my life and even I know you're baiting.
Have a (You) atleast.

Attached: 1526564334439.jpg (480x480, 49K)

Well, and the extra heat, but having to manage temperatures is probably outside the scope of most FPS games.

Why do they need a drawback?

Fucking Wildlands is bad with this shit.

>suppressor is a part of the barrel
pls be b8
>inb4 somebody brings up some integrated meme

Attached: 1440532908118.png (100x100, 5K)

>qtips legally can't be sold as ear cleaners
wut

Adachi did nothing wrong

Launch Division 2 was constantly trading stability for accuracy stats and vice versa with tacticool gear.

They fixed it down the line though.

Read the whole thread and still don't have a definitive answer to OP, nice.

Cringe kuntposter

adachi did everything wrong

Go back.

>Supressor increases the chance of pets being damaged during fights.
kek

Thanks. Got it off an internet acquaintance. According to the internet, the serial puts it at around 1908 vintage. So not a Woodmaster. Shit has wood guide rods in the springs. Browning was a hack.

Attached: SN - 9261.jpg (1504x2016, 387K)

>wife is down to go through the paperwork for a suppressor for our AR and said she'd like one
Talk me down from it bros.

If you use normal ammo a suppressor wouldn't significantly affect "damage" but it would also still be pretty loud. Mostly suppressors are to protect your hearing. If you want something kind of approaching the Hollywood version of a suppressor you need subsonic ammo which will do less damage.

But I like my integrated shit. :(

Attached: IMG_0756.jpg (1200x637, 320K)

I'll take your wife if you don't want her.

>cavalry was a bad idea

what in the FUCK did he mean by this

My wife says that your a fag

stahppin powah

It is incredibly dangerous to put something small and with the potential to snap in your ear.

They tend to just compress the earwax even deeper into the ear and overzealous use can cause damage to the ear canal.

They really have pretty much no purpose except that the companies that make them know that people think they are good for earwax and despite not being able to advertise them as ear cleaners, have no intention of saying anything against the existing group think.

thicker

When you're a caveman you might have a hard time jumping on the back of a wild animal and riding it into battle.

Do you mean supresor?
Because 100db is still very loud.

fair enough

That the short term benefits from keeping the tiny ponies that horses used to be were slim to none and that before the invention of the stirrup, charges were pretty lackluster. It was more of a mobility thing, like early chariots just being means by which you got into position, not the invulnerable battle taxis they are in films.

to be fair decibels are logarithmic, so reducing a standard 5.56 down from like ~160db to around 140db is not a joke.

>payday 2 has one of the most well done shotgun damage models in vidya
>great at close range, decent at medium range, can actually kill things at long range if needed
>can even use it to reliably deal with snipers if nobody else is
>>>>players complain about how they're unbalanced even though it's a coop game, not a competitive one
>>>>>>>devs nerf it so hard it's just another fucking video game shotgun

Attached: 1429461298780.jpg (1280x1024, 337K)

>Rifle bullets does less damage than pistol bullets.

This is the worst of them all.

>Reloading a revolver uses a speed loader
>Literally sacrificing the one excuse you have to make this handgun as powerful as possible in exchange for a slow reload speed

Attached: 1555131030062.jpg (329x399, 40K)

>not mounting a wild rhino, turning it into your loyal steed, and then running it through a bunch of crocodiles

>your knees when 45

>tfw no games let you quick load different shells for different damage profiles

audiofag here, every 3 db is double (or half) the amplitude, every 9db is double (or half) perceived loudness.

t. thrilla gorilla

>Attach silencer to weapon
>Enemies still scream when shot

Attached: 1553157508910.png (287x288, 105K)

>subsonic rounds travel faster and do more damage

Attached: title.png (1200x1200, 103K)

Revolvers in vidya always fire bullets like fucking cannonballs, is there any reason a revolver is seen as some huge stopping power machine? Can't they use whatever bullet size they have in a revolver and just make a magazine of it or whatever? I don't know anything about guns.

>making gun full auto reduces damage
>machinegun does less damage than pistol

Thats alot of guns, game?

Attached: 1517335046269.gif (49x127, 5K)

>skipping 9th grade physics
because of how a bullet works, a longer barrel, means that the explosion’s force is acting on the bullet longer, and has less area to waste it’s force on.
this eventually becomes wrong when you have a barrel that’s the length of a continent but who the fuck is gonna do that

wut.

Why not just call them supersonic rounds then?

Revolvers in video games are made the designated OP handcannons precisely because, before the advent of speed loaders becoming popular, they had fucking ass reload times. It was a balance between damage and downtime.

Speed loaders have thrown this completely out of whack, and revolvers are getting their damage gutted across countless games because they reload faster. Which is quite frankly a fucking crime because the slow, methodical reload of inserting rounds into each individual chamber is satisfying as fuck, and then you get to fire what sounds like a small Death Star at niggers for one shot kills.

Half-life 2 managed to have a speedloaded revolver that still took twice as long as the 9mm pistol to reload. What's everyone elses' excuse?

They're lazy/inept.

7.62 High Calibre with mods

Looks like Jagged Alliance 2.

You hit the enemy with less sound waves so you do less damage

>Can't they use whatever bullet size they have in a revolver and just make a magazine of it
that's what the desert eagle was invented for

You would have a big uncomfortable grip in that case, but yeah you could.

Splatoon of all things has mechanically convincing shotguns. Maybe because they already had the usual vidya shotgun archetype filled, so they didn't have to butcher shotty fot diversification quota.

>Putting a red dot on the AK-47 reduces damage
wait WAT? i dont remember that being a thing

Revolvers generally fire higher power bullets at higher velocities, but they're unwieldy as a result. They're overkill in the modern age, but they have style points

hasnt been the case for some time now
hell 9mm+p can hit upwards of 500ftlbs
revolvers have pretty much lost their niche considering autoloaders can fit some of their staples from the past, such as .357, or even outmatch said cartridges like with hotter 10mm