Defend this

Defend this

Attached: 7D72D9D0-9660-4DB8-A215-C58B1CAFACFF.jpg (325x244, 11K)

It's fun with friends

Don't need to. It's OoT's pleb filter.

its actually the best temple, if you take the boots on the menu aside. absolute brainlet filter. you atually have to deeply consider the layout of the dungeon. i just played through it and nothing else in the game comes close.

best music, best miniboss, and fishtits are nice bonuses too

Attached: 1557943988559.gif (220x165, 2.08M)

Music is comfy as fuck

Nothing wrong with the temple itself, the only thing that makes it such a horrible experience is having to go into the pause menu to equip and remove the iron boots every few seconds

I heard the boots are a C item in the 3DS remake so that's cool

what's the oot water temple obsession? great bay was 1000x worse

this. its the only dungeon that takes actual critical thinking.

kek

Attached: potofglee.jpg (600x477, 349K)

t. etika

lel

I don't play bing bing wahoo

>Critical thinking

Just take off and put on your iron boots bro, it worked for me.

This. 3DS and randomiser fix the boot issues too. Also it's not even that hard, in fact it was the first dungeon I beat without assistance back then. And thematically it's the most appealing area, Zora themed stuff typically is.

Attached: 489c79244750f919f27723470813aa19.png (450x544, 119K)

its not hard its just unfun

The only proper dungeon in the game aside from the forest temple maybe.
The rest are just glorified hallways with maybe an additional dead end thrown in or two.

Spirit Temple has kino atmosphere though.

sure but it's probably also the most straight forward of the bunch.

Its the best dungeon in the game desu, the only problem is you cant fucking put iron boots on a C button so you have to pause every 5 seconds.

The only time I had a hard time with water temple was the torches. Up until this point is has been implied the three fairy powers were optional, not mandatory.

iron boots on the menu is literally the only problem with this baby. Other than that it might be the best dungeon in the franchise. best miniboss for sure, but to be fair the boss is a bit meh compared to the others.

The only thing worth playing ocarina for, the rest is mindless garbage that could only amuse a child

I do not get the hate at all. It is a very cool, immersive, pretty dungeon with a neat series of puzzles and rooms.

It’s not mandatory. You can shoot arrows through torches to set them on fire and light other ones.

Only temple that gave me trouble was shadow. Because it was too spooky
My mum even bought the strategy guide, because she thought me and my bro were just too dumb to make it through. Thanks mum, I still have it

>It is a very cool, immersive
hehe
get it
cool and immersive because you're constantly submerging in water
hehe

hehe

I disagree, I feel like the Forest Temple with its twisting halls and rooms you can turn sideways is the best temple in the game. Miyamoto once said he designed the Water Temple to be how it is so you think in 3D but I believe the Forest Temple succeeded in that better.

It's only flaw is that the Iron Boots weren't a C item

Are you blind? It's Zelda, not Mario.

There's one key that's very easy to miss (I think it's underneath a floating block in the central tower or something), if you miss it you have to backtrack and since it's so open ended you wind up going everywhere and it can take a long time to find it.

To answer your question, the Water Temple really isn't that bad.
It's tedious, but it's not hard. The reason why it has such a bad rep is because you have to keep putting on your iron boots and lowering/raising the water level.

Beat me to it, this was bullshit but the rest was fine, barring the iron boots shit and having to play song of time to change the water level every 10 seconds. the fight with shadow link was cool especially when you use the megaton hammer and the fight becomes easy mode

The 3DS version made this one of the best dungeons in the series

the only horrible thing about this was
>open the menu
>wait
>equip iron boots
>press start
>swim for literally 3 seconds
>open the menu
>take off iron boots
>press start
>repeat
the "it's too difficult" it's just a meme, more like tedious as shit

Attached: 1546486529489.jpg (680x544, 358K)

>people here ACTUALLY played OoT on a fucking N64
BIG yikes

This. Missing that key is the difference between the Water Temple being a nightmare and being a cool fun dungeon

Unironically, my favourite temple. Industrial/temple+water levels are top-tier comfy.

What's wrong with that?

When I was a kid I died AT LEAST 20 times to shadow Link, I really wish I knew about that trick then.

He's 14 years old, everything from the 20th century is prehistory to him.

I got through the 3DS version just fine by starting from the bottom and working upward. I also remembered to go back into the middle piece after completing the middle layer. Just go online for advice.

The Shadow Temple was oddly a bit of a problem and I had to go online to learn you could blow a pile of dirt in a certain room. Then it was all smooth sailing.

3ds version is the definitive version. Water temple is way more intuitive, it gives you more visual information and you can equip iron boots without

No it fucking isn't.
The definitive version is absolutely the 64/GC version. 3DS is fucking soulless and censored.

3DS has worse visual direction and lighting, but just the Water Temple fix and FPS increase makes it definitive

>the HD TP and WW remasters are still stuck on the Wii U
>no OOT and MM on Switch
I hate Nintendo

Can someone explain with me what's actually so bad about this temple. When I originally played it it didnt come off to me as anymore annoying or tedious than any of the other temples. It just seems like people wanted to keep with the "all water related things in vidya bad" meme

Read the thread. It's the annoying boot toggling

Boots and that one key are what it boils down to

can't even find a good picture

Attached: 75397-187.png (650x390, 92K)

I never had any issue with this dungeon. Same with the bay temple in majora's mask.

I'm stuck at the end and cant get to the chest with the boss key

i agree but remember that those memes about muh water temple 2hard4me were made by casuals and casuals don't play majora

music is nice and relaxing

this. i legitimately cannot go back to the original on my n64 because it feels like shit to play now.

You are actually retarded if you found this temple difficult or tedious. Even if you were 8 or whatever. You were a retarded 8 year old.