Super Mario Maker 2 thread

how is everyone enjoying it?

prev:

Attached: mm2.jpg (1200x675, 137K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=XUpTIYnxky8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

WORLD AND MUSIC EDITOR WHEN?!

Attached: 1552721415634.gif (240x240, 26K)

Anchor post for your courses

Attached: mario 3 anchor.png (512x512, 31K)

VS0 GM4 WHG

Attached: 1545167220885.jpg (682x699, 34K)

Play my levels

Snowy Coin Hunt
41Q-22Y-28G

Slop3
GQ0-T7K-TWF

VJG-FG0-5VG

S3L-0CD-N9G

Just a quick one I made before work.

My courses

Bowser Jr Airship Assault
0CL FG5 QJC

Bowser’s Dance Party (not a real level, just to get a chuckle for people in Endless mode)
D98 0T5 7MF

Gonna be a comfy weekend playing this and grinding on Dragalia Lost

Attached: BF8FFAB5-E299-4B91-92A9-FC4E1D450CFA.jpg (960x541, 79K)

I made a level for you all. Should be easy for a Hard core gamer.

G87-GLW-4HG

how is docked mode for building? i don't really use my switch in handheld mode.

Attached: spider.gif (272x204, 1.86M)

Enjoying the story mode courses. Especially the chain chomp chiller. Just going into random ones on course world and having some pretty nice luck at not getting absolute shit ones. Co op competitive was fucking awful have run straight into enemies when I clearly pressed jump more times than I want to say.

8F5-W0K-1HG
This one is a pretty standard Mario course with mushrooms and Koopa's. The low clear rate on this one depresses me.

QDW-B5J-JNG
This one is a pretty tricky walljumping course.

G8T-1YS-CTG
Eight various challenges you have to beat in 100 seconds.

I've been finding touch mode far comfier, you might want to find a stylus though.
Oh and try my level
>8K9-D85-77G

World record on both of your courses

I liked the snow level, it was a comfy coin hunt

Didn’t care as much for the other but it wasn’t bad. I fell down the hole for the 10 coin and skipped like half of it, could be a neat concept in a fuller level

As someone who has spent hundreds of hours in MM1, I've extremely happy with it.

Absolutely bursting with ideas right now

>copy still hasn't even gone out for delivery
should i just say "fuck it" and go digital?

Attached: 1561583621123.jpg (300x317, 14K)

liked the coin hunt one

Great Galoomba's Great Sky Tower: XF0-57J-QWG
Vertical tower climbing action!

Is there really only one theme from Galaxy, one from Sunshine and one from SM64? Such a tease that I almost wish there were none.

Thanks, a lot of my levels in Super Mario Maker were rated Super Expert so I wanted to tone it down a bit and make them more accessible to random players.
Slop3 was definitely rushed I did it in an hour before work lol

Didn't the director say that a world editor is a very good idea? Maybe they'll add it in an update.

post enemies/items you want added

user pls, I get enough of these in endless. At least you didn't make as many powerups fall from the sky as the object limit allows. Some kids really love that.

*Grabs you and throws you on spikes*
nothing personal kid

Attached: 1560787671685.png (583x1033, 1002K)

You DID read the tutorials to know what good level design is rightr Yea Forums?

Here's another good one

Attached: smm22.jpg (724x351, 35K)

Not yet I wanted to just jump right into the maker mode. I'll check it out later.

Overall the game feels a bit snappier than 1 when it comes to server connection wait times after finishing the level etc. but I really hate when you navigate the course/profile menus and you can't just go to the tab you want right away but must wait for each tab to load on the way there. Well, I guess you can but only in handheld mode.

freshly made made level:
>SMB1.5: 1-2 Koopa Cavern
D12-R91-GYF

previous levels:
>Super Shmup Bros.
NWC-L96-RWF
>SMB1.5: 1-1 Goomba Valley
B4S-TY6-KPF

>stood in front of locked door, stole someone's key in competitive and won
I love it.

Is there a limit to how many courses you can download?

forgot to anchor

so online multiplayer only favors the victor? Everyone else just gets the "You Lose" screen even if they get on the flagpole?

Attached: hershal.jpg (280x299, 26K)

I read some of them, but I want to make a course or two. I’m working on guiding the player with coins and giving players a minute to adjust to a new concept or gimmick in a fairly safe environment.

Kinda got in a little late but I'm in the process of downloading the game right now.

On versus mode yeah, but there's online co-op mode too, if one person gets to the goal everybody wins

>no SMB2
What’s the point lads

Christ these levels you get in Versus mode are dog shit. The input lag doesn't help them in the slightest.

>hate playing 3D world stages
>all the cool new features to play with are trapped in 3D world
I'm hating this. I want beat blocks, mushroom platforms, and snaking piranha plants

Coursebot seems to have slots for 60 Download Courses, but that might expand if you hit the cap.
My Courses has significantly more slots.

SMB1 Mario can't slide down slopes?

Its shit

Based Hagrid poster

Doing story mode now, I don't remember mario being this slippery? maybe that's just nsmb?

Because it's not really a mario game. Nintendo USA fooled ya.

Attached: doki_doki_panic_cover_art_8481.jpg (500x501, 95K)

They changed the physics a bit

Amazon just sent me a notification that my copy is out for delivery. Hurry up! I wanna play!

most romhacks are better

N90-574-S0H

Here is my biggest pet peeve, and something I have wished since SMM1:
Can you remove those fucking background shadows?

They really aren't that big of a deal, but I'd rather have a toggle to switch to a more classic look by removing shadows, and maybe having classic animations (Like when you defeat an enemy, they fall classic style rather than spin around)

Attached: 1515195554579.jpg (537x594, 45K)

Start of a full game I plan to make within the engine, or at least as many courses as I'm allowed to upload.

I'm about halfway done with 1-2, been taking breaks to play the levels you guys post. Usually pretty good about leaving feedback and stuff.

Attached: 65362077_473189066585531_9137860088394940416_o.jpg (1280x720, 84K)

What's the most likes you got on a single level, user?

187 for me.

Yeah, I much prefer Co-op at the moment. It's absolute chaos but nobody is intentionally being an asshole and there's no rank on the line.
Plus Co-op makes it possible to stomp Super Expert courses if you get the right stage which is pretty funny to see.

Unlike those kids, my level a commentary on video gaming.

Light Kaizo course, playing around with new features. 2BH-LCW-HGF

Wii U stylus work?

Can't fucking find the 1up and just get murdered at the goal

nope, has to be a capacitive stylus (the kind that work on phones)

Is there a way to make a one way pipe entry? Can I make it so my pipes will teleport you into the same zone or am I only able to send you to another zone?

Anyone else experienced that absolutely no one plays your course? Like both my stages have 0 runs at all. Are there just too many levels being made at the moment that mine just falls into obscurity?

I have a note 9 with an s pen. Will that work?

Yeah these levels are still alright, but like I said before you really need to make some shit less cramped. I'd personally place blocks at least three blocks of the ground and make enemies a bit farther away from any question blocks. Makes the level flow a bit better.

You'd have a pretty solid level without the hidden 1-up. It's not extremely hard to find but it doesn't add much either.

I noticed the same thing, I've made a few courses yet none of them have been played once.

No, the S Pen works on software, it's not capacitive

What in the world? That's quite a scandal you're breaking!

Why does Endless mode always have the 1-Ups turn into Mario's face at the end of the level no matter who you are? It looks awful and I really hope they fix that.

Where are the costumes? I wanted to make Splatoon levels

There's a chance, but I believe the s pen is technically a different kind of pen, which is why it doesn't work on some other phones, the switch screen might be the same case. I bought like a 10 pack of capacitive styluses pretty cheap online, but any store with an electronics section will sell one for like... 8-12 burger bucks depending on how nice you want it

Post your stages here. That guarantees someone plays it to get it off the ground at least.
My stage sat without any plays for 3 hours. Posted it here and now I"m sitting at 64 likes and 219 plays.
Somebody will play it if only to get the First Cleared Award and the temporary World-Record Holder title. You'll also get feedback.

Attached: 1555833197410.jpg (320x320, 16K)

is this game worth it if i just wanna play and not really interested in making levels?

If you like traditional Mario gameplay, yes.

It's (almost) no different to uploading a video to Youtube. Something must be exceptional in the title or the thumbnail to immediatley grab people, and then it must be snatched right there in the brief moment where it's visibly new. If it gets going it will get going hard, and if not, it will slip away into nothing. Only a very few can get snatched up. But where it's different from Youtube is that thanks to the endless mode, your level will eventually be played by someone, given time, even without them looking for it.

How do I put an item in a question mark block? It's not letting when I drag an item to it.

Attached: 1555432186341.gif (100x100, 548K)

yeah I think you told me that last thread; noted.

>finally finish my first stage
>no idea what to call it
Fucking hell. This is the hardest part.

Saving those passwords in Notepad, so I can use them once I get my copy of the game. Thx anons!

nvm, I figured it out.

Put the item on the screen then drag it into the block from there

Whatever you call it, post it here. Don't be nervous and don't worry about anyone who just insults you or your level without offering criticism.

you get more people playing your levels if you play other people's levels (can be endless mode or manually searching by ID, not sure if multiplayer counts though)

what's the best mii costume?

Here's my first level:
>Disco Mario
>QLV-0RF-SDG
Please be gentle.

Haven't even touched the creator yet. Just going through levels. This is gonna be a good afternoon.

Attached: 1c976de82625c49a651a34b770b84db7.jpg (3362x1610, 935K)

Alright. I kinda wanted to wait until I had a full world finished. I'm planning on making an 8-world campaign like I did in the first game. I have two stages so far:

1-1: Goombrat playground - BXN-KTX-5MF
A simple stage that introduces the gimmicks of the world, which is claws and bouncy stuff. I'm quite happy how this one turned out, the bouncy rings and the claws work surprisingly well together.

1-2: Claw Cave - 4KD-WWK-0DG
In this one I'm trying to use the claws as swings to its fullest potential. I'm not as happy with this one, it's maybe a bit confusing at times. I'd love to hear what you guys think.

Hope you all like them.

>level played by 195 people
>I'm the first to beat it.

I like this game. Does it keep track of your records and shit? I'd like to look over my past achievements.

What's the course upload limit? Is it a soft cap that you can eventually expand up to 100 again?

DWC-9CF-T0H

First one. I'll have more once the weekend is out

heres my first ever stage (didnt play MM1 cuz no wiiU and haven't played a mario game before)
8F5-301-2WF

It tracks your world records as long as you hold them

32 unless your levels get good ratings

Is there any point in collecting the coins in story mode after you finish the castle?

It's a Christmas-themed level.
8CJ-WK7-LG9

being good

I got to mission 80 in storry and dabbled around in endless
really fun but unplayable for longer times with joycons. who thougt button are a better directional pad?

66V-PY3-VMG
First time playing mario maker and first course, pretty short. would love feedback :o will be sure to play the other courses here.

>Snowy Coin Hunt
Beat it with one second left. Nice.

6XK-KQB-7MF

Played the first level and it was fun.
I'll follow you so I can see your other stages when you release them.

Thanks for the feedback.

jumping on stuff platforming
X56-GYX-5MF

some mini puzzles
2GY-8FV-XRF

>own a 8bitdo SNES controller
>haven’t touched it ever

Is it good? I also have a pro controller but I feel like using the dpad on it is clunky

what your red flags when it comes to levels?
>level requires you to do tricks like shell/spring jumping

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 86K)

This one is better.

Attached: img-9654.original (1).jpg (5184x2971, 3.35M)

Bombsketball
8PM-NGH-1R7

Mario Construction: Fast & Cheap
4FV-HYW-XDF

Mario Construction has no plays and i'm about to upload a third level, so please check it out.

Attached: out fucking skilled.webm (800x450, 3M)

the dpad is good on the models with straight start and select buttons
the ones with diagonal start and select need to have their dpad fixed, which isn't too hard but involves taking it apart

Hey thanks!

Also forgot to anchor them:
1-1: Goombrat playground - BXN-KTX-5MF

1-2: Claw Cave - 4KD-WWK-0DG

Kaizo blocks

Any kaizo bullshit. I don't really hate kaizo shit, but it's not for me, so I won't bother if I come across any blatantly kaizo tricks.

Should I make a Mii that resembles myself, or a cute girl?

make yourself and wear cute clothes

Should I buy?? Hesitant to spend 60$ on a game like this.
Also I don't see my self being a big level builder knowing that would getting this be a waste of money??

Don't try again.

If you’re not a level builder then I don’t think you should, making levels is what will make the game worth it considering all the hours you’d sink in it

This is my first level I've ever made, it's a mountain you have to climb full of Goombas. There aren't any gimmicks, I tried to make an easy level with some moments of challenge to see if I understood the tutorials on how to make a fair level.

B8N-SNM-XQG

I'm still wondering where the fuck to get it on sale. Usually I used to get games from Amazon and best buy due to the 12% off games discount but this time I can't find anywhere to buy it at a discount.

really missing a resistive touchscreen

>Finish porting over level from the first game
>about to upload
>Realizes it could/will soft lock players in multiplayer VS and have to fix it

Attached: luffy's face and soul.png (830x396, 370K)

I could go halfway and make a cute boy that I dress in girl clothes. That's how I play Animal Crossing.

You can get plenty of time just playing other people's levels. Coming back every few weeks or months and playing more. Don't listen to

Yeah, the Switch's touchscreen is crap compared to the Wii U's.

not bad for a first level, although it doesn't really have a central theme to it. Also personally not that keen on NSMB courses.

Depends on whether there's any chance you'll ever play with people you know.

No. Wait for it

They have literally no excuse for not adding SMB2 now that Extra Game Styles are a thing.

IS THE GAME WORTH IT FOR PLAYING THE GAME IN MULTIPLAYER?

I want to fuck some anons up like in Mario royale

I HURT MYSELF TODAY

Attached: Screenshot_2019-06-28 Twitch.png (369x322, 197K)

I'm not sure I understand the implication of this image. Obviously the direct upgrade on the more popular system is going to have more viewers.

oh no wii u bros, how will we ever recover

oh noo no no no how can mario maker compete with mario maker 2 bros oh no no nooo no

>the koopa car honk
do I really hear what I think I hear

cope

Hey here's my three levels, first two are legit levels, last one is me thirsty at midnight and wanting a drink but it's dark out.

GG6 - N0S - KNG

85K - 34R - 7MF

DKQ - 3G0 - 97G

Attached: good.gif (500x500, 248K)

Kek

>soul vs soulless

Can ANY stage appear in multiplayer vs?

???
I seriously just want to know what your intent was. I don't even own a Wii U. I swear, you faggots toss this word out whenever you feel like it regardless of its applicability.

How do you know which difficulty your level ended up in?

it'll be DLC /paid most likely), people are crying for Pokey and it would come with that theme.

Attached: pokeY.jpg (117x446, 23K)

I wouldn't worry about it. The people in multiplayer signed up for that bullshit.
Nintendo should have enforced that only things tagged for multiplayer show up in multiplayer but they didn't so it isn't your problem.

Didn't beat it but gave it a like anyways. You did a damn good job for a 1st time maker

Jesus, I'm far too bad in 2D Mario, but it was fun!

Attached: sion81 Peach Commission 01d.png (1600x1456, 1.26M)

His intent is to shitpost, just ignore him

It's dynamic and changes with the pass rate. There needs to be at least fifty players before it's assigned a difficulty. I made all this up, though.

Red koopa heist : DKD 4CP HFG
first level, not that great
I'm having trouble with difficulty

Sad

DKD 4CP HFG

yes

Attached: D0A0oPcXgAEYk3m.jpg (164x195, 4K)

64C-447-GPG

My levels, please feel free to call them shit.

>Q8R-K1D-GTF
World, Snow. A bit of a standard, easy level. A mix of platforming and some easy puzzle stuff. Feels like it wouldnt be too out of place in the real game as an early level, in my opinion.

>G03-D30-J2G
NSMBU. This one is a bit more gimmicky, but interesting. A short but kind of challenging platforming segment followed by what I think is a cool boss fight. Far from Kaizo vut you might die a few times. I'm really curious what people think of this one, I kind of slapped it together but I like it.

>4RP-DXS-87G
A recreation of the opening stage from Castlevania 1.

I want to try and make some Wario Land stages next.

Attached: 1557631112982.jpg (620x825, 178K)

Thats not even a real mario game

And its not very good. Only way it would work is if they fixed the screen transition thing
Or just used the superior gba version

I'm trying to complete a story level
And this chucklefuck keeps transforming the flagpole into a goomba.
Surely this isn't intentional behaviour, right?

Attached: smuglookin bitch.png (800x779, 80K)

Thanks man. The tutorials are really good, I think anyone who watches them all will be able to make a decent level.

So you can hide dev blocks in the stage and no one will see them because downloaded levels can't be edited?

It's a easy fix so I'm not too bothered but yeah a tag or label for singe,multi,duo,all or whatever would have been nice. Wouldn't want to ruin anyone's fun.

Attached: law and bepo.jpg (600x1056, 66K)

yep, go crazy,

>tfw only one person plays your level and doesn't beat it and gives up after 5 tries.

Even the kaizo levels?

holy shit MilchiYT, get some fucking sleep man

Some mechanics were nerfed/ casualized, like spring hopping, turtle shell jumping.

Fuck I’m not getting it until tomorrow but I feel like I’m going to be too far behind and my levels will be drowned out by the mountain of shit.

yes
however at the end of a multiplayer session you have to rate the course on a 1-3 of how good it was for multiplayer

So how has multiplayer vs been so far for you anons? Is it wacky and fun?

Had MM1, but how does this game work on switch when you can't play on the big screen without the dock? On WiiU, you could still use both screens at once.

Pretty comfy, the secret 1up was nice

When docked you make with the controller buttons. It's a little slower than the touch screen but once you get used to it it becomes fine

Now I know why game devs are casualizing and making games easier. The clear rate for my pretty standard level is so low. I guess the average player is shit at games.

I'm going to make a level beforehand and see how close I get.

Pretty good, but if you want to make an easy, or even a well-designed, level, it's generally not a good idea to spam winged goombas in small spaces where it's hard to manouever

This is what I’m concerned about too. Nintendo seriously needs to make sure that online isn’t filled with utter garbage like last time and make the actual good levels easy to find and discover

Zoomer here. Most of the levels in this threads is fucking hard. Few are baby tier but you guys are Sadomasochists creating stuff like this thinking this is in any way "fun".

It's intended. You gotta kill the magikoopa to make the flag pole show up.

Try to not boost out of the water by accident when stomping on him in the water or enjoy starting the whole level over again.

The section with the pipe become really hard if you wait too much

Yeah, when the lag isn't slowing the game down to 10fps where you can barely jump it's an absolute blast

I have no fucking idea what to make other than putting pic related in a castle level.

Attached: 1547486178969.gif (148x148, 16K)

what style has the most soul?

Do you have to unlock screen effects?

Can someone make a level that makes me happy again? I've been unhappy for years now, depression is finally seeking in, it won't be long before it reaches my heart and time is running out.

Nope, just click on sound frog to get them and use them

Make it upside down and fill it with green snakes.

ALWAYS make your level easier when you're done. As the creator you know everything about your level and therefore will underestimate how hard it actually is.

Super Mario World

Are vertical levels easy to make? I’m going to make a comfy one.

Thanks user!

2V5-M6S-GXG
I’ll try to make a better and longer level someday

No harder to make than a horizontal one. Might even be easier if your level is based around flying things like cape or clown car

It's good to know in which way to make it easier though.
What you want to do is add hint type stuff. Arrows on the wall to know which way to go, sound cues to reinforce what they're doing, extra coins that lead them along the level.
Not things that necessarily make it easier, but things if someone were to drop in the level on an Endless run they wouldn't be completely fucked for the first 5 attempts.

really good course desu

I need some feedback on the difficulty of my new course

Firefighter
LDQ-9Q5-BLG

Attached: squish.webm (854x480, 1.67M)

>lurking the newly posted stages
>play one that's kinda difficult
>accidentally fall to my death
>notice door hidden at the very bottom of the stage
>creator must've used it to cheese the level clearing requirement
>beat the stage with a world record of three seconds

Attached: 1536865025119.jpg (454x346, 19K)

Is there any way to set a certain point on a stage where the screen starts to begin scrolling? Or does the scrolling effect always start right at the beginning?

I mean easier to understand yeah, like coin paths, arrows and stuff like that.

>super expert endless
>spend 13 lives on level 1

Attached: 1443286657538.jpg (4500x4334, 1003K)

BQY-FJN-3HG
My first level. I tried to take it slow and easy.
Btw, why do some levels have this massive play spike while others are at 0? Does that mean a streamer played your level?

Attached: 1517349149887.jpg (425x425, 56K)

I wish Bj was in the 3d World style.

Attached: SMPBowserJr.png (1000x1000, 164K)

leave a comment telling people how to get the dev door

fucked up the id, didn't you

got WR on your snow level, decent little level. If I'm nitpicking, I'd say that the part with the On/Off switch might be too tricky considering the rest of the level being intended as easy, since a shell bouncing in there will toggle the blocks very quickly - may be a good idea to have the shell fall offscreen instead so it only toggles the switch once.

>post stage here
>nobody played it
>afraid of posting it more than once in case it looks like I'm forcibly shilling my mediocre stages

Attached: 1542671709565.jpg (651x368, 69K)

6XK-KQB-7MF

It starts wherever Mario is. So if you go through a door or pipe, it changes where the level starts scrolling, sort of.
But I'm pretty sure it's fully impossible to make a level that suddenly locks into autoscroller after just moving to the right.

Always.

Just apply yourself. You can come up with a decent stage foundation in like 5 to 10 minutes .
I'm going to test this hypothesis starting now for fun

SMB3

Glad you found it.

You're right, I was struggling to make it feel like the Goombas have the run of the place without actually making it too difficult. That part was originally even worse but I removed a lot of them, however it seems there are still too many.

Thanks for playing user.

ok thanks bois

Can you download levels without paying for the online service?

Attached: xl-girls-12837_5.jpg (797x1200, 187K)

>just post the id without an excerpt of what to expect
not everyone is into kaizo shit.

Just start placing blocks randomly and see how they interact and get ideas, hard to just 'come up' with a course in your head.

XH7-N5G-0NF

I don’t have it yet but I’m thinking up some stages. Can thwomps trigger P blocks? I’m going to make a stage where you climb up and then trigger a thwomp that goes all the way down to the start of the stage to unlock the exit.

what the fuck why cant we turn our favorite shota into a cat this is unfair

play the story mode and check out the tutorials (especially the advanced section), they'll give you loads of inspiration

Thowmps can trigger P switches, POWs and On/Off switches

let me get this right

so nintendo releases a game with mario engine
you are supposed to make the levels
literally, rehash from old games
and you're supposed to pay 60 bucks for it

fuck this shit i'm gonna play smash instead

Was this true in Mario Maker 1 as well? I remember Magikoopa could transform the flagpole but I always thought it was a glitch so I didn't try killing him.

I can’t find Ross. Is he still making stages?

>Fire Bro originated in SMB3.
>Porcupuffer originated in SMW.
>Both are exclusive to the 3D World style.
There are practically no bew enemies for the 4 main styles.

Moar.

That's fair, I may go back and change that. Thank you.

Does this game allow you to:
>Edit and update a stage online without having to completely reupload it (with new code and stuff)?
>Let you make a series of levels that are tied together somehow? I have an idea for a trilogy or World of stages

Best way to play? Preferably I'd be using a d-pad but the pro controller's is ass.

Didn't panoots just tweet that?

I'm loving it but at first I was disproportionately upset at how Snake Blocks fall apart after finishing. I wanted to do shit like making a snake block gate off collectibles and such

More like
>pay $60
>granted access to unlimited mario courses of my choosing
>featuring game mechanics you can't do in mainline mario games
>and on top of that I can make my own courses for it too
Mario Maker makes NSMBUDX look like a joke when it comes to content per dollar

This is HIGHLY relevant to my interests

>No, this would invalidate world records and the statistics of everyone who's played it.
>No, but the developers have expressed that they think this is a good idea, and the first Mario Maker had a lot of updates in patches.

that's how snake blocks always worked

1. No
2. No, but Tezuka was teasing a world map editor in a recent interview

Search for automario levels you filthy zoomer

I just got the game and am testing out some features. Is it possible to make deathmatches for versus? How exactly do you upload a course as a versus or co-op enabled?

>still hasn't arrived
>have to leave for work soon and knowing my luck the UPS guy will just leave a note and not deliver it again until fucking monday

Attached: 1483300372969.jpg (600x471, 64K)

I've been playing just fine with the Joycons in the little square Joycon holder pad. I would prefer to use my pro controller, but it's the model with the broken d pad.

all courses are co-op/versus enabled by default

Wasn't the entire point of the original Mario Maker that everything was available in all styles? Why the sudden exclusive shit?

I mistook an 8 for a B. Thanks for pointing it out.
LDQ-9Q5-8LG

Still doesn’t work

I really like the 8bitdo SNES gsmepad

how are the premade nintendo stages?
not that much interested in user created stuff.

Attached: 1559780557141.jpg (466x388, 18K)

>tfw cant play anons stages until tomorrow
The price we pay to have good boxart I guess

is online a laggy disgrace for anybody else?

Yes, you can even do a vertical level. HOWEVER
The Thwomp can despawn, so if the player doesnt groundpound togather with the fall of the thwomp, he can climb back up, and this WILL frustrate anyone.
And keep in mind, literal toddlers will play your levels

>tfw my SMM2 copy arrived a whole day early
got a nice headstart with my first course doing pretty well now

Had to reupload my course due to a softlock. Please play it and tell me what you think, anons!
>Clown Car Chase: Clown Heaven
DHK-CCX-V4G

I was thinking about having a clear pipe that you take down along side the thwomp but I need to get my hands on it to see if the speed works out with what I’m thinking

NYN-SXH-DPG

It's a SMW desert themed level. An enhanced version one of my courses from the original.

Gave the first one a play, pretty good job there, user. I enjoyed that you hid small secret powerups throughout the level for people observant enough. I probably missed some shit, though, I'd imagine.

How do the medals work?
I have a gold Maker Points (All time) medal, yet I don't have the medal for weekly maker points...? The game's only been out a day at most.

Can i change my mii and name? I just remembered normalfags don't like Hitler.

I can kind of see why the clear rate is low, since it's a level that punishes rushing, with all the plants and koopas in tricky positions that will eventually jump to their death. Fun level though, feels very authentic.

Where is the first hidden block left by Partrick (the block guy)? I didn't catch where he left it, it's a hidden block before the red flower one

Im so fucking sorry for how immature this is but Im losing my shit

X1D-L9L-PSF

Happy to hear that user - any particular course theme?

Wario Land remake user here lads, I just finished up and uploaded Rice Beach 3 after spending time making sure certain parts worked as best as I could. GJ7-QP0-HKG

Give it a playthrough and (you) if you want. Hoping to get the rest of Rice Beach done this weekend.

G0W BJG N5G
Bouncing course

>You can kill Meowser with the Troopa Car

This is amazing.

yeah this controller in course maker doesn't work for me at all
I've had this capacitive stylus for years and never used it, glad I held onto it

It's not hidden, he leaves a ? block on the first floor of the castle that gives you coins.

D9B-RNC-2JF
Just a quick 20-timer course I whipped up as my first.

Attached: 16.png (956x1242, 125K)

>Amazon delivered the game an entire day early
>Got to snag a rare creator name

Attached: DgqCzDrXUAEuBet.jpg_large.jpg (2048x1152, 211K)

are you asking what course theme I'd recommend?
If so, depends how familiar you are with mario maker. I played a lot of SMM1 so already had a few clear ideas before I got the game, I knew exactly what theme I wanted to try.

How do I get the superball flower?

>tried using my own name that's native to my country
>already taken

Thank you user of the based clan

I don't have a Switch, but I wanted to let you know, I hope ya'll have fun.
-Random PCfag

We need more maps that make good use of the car. It's really underutilized at the moment.

I was shocked "Rhys" was taken but I guess it's a more common name in the country it actually originated from.

Based

Fuck I don't think I'll be making levels at all. I shouldn't get this game right?

So far its dog shit. Not worth the 60 bucks just the same as the first with minor tweaks. Big deal! Really regret buying this piece of garbage and Switch for that matter.

>made 2 levels
>one is a simple, easy level with a 50% completion ratio, which in terms of SM playerbase means its somewhat idiot proof
>the other is a shitpost with flying fishbones everywhere
>the simple level has like 400 plays, 7 comments and 40 likes
>the shitpost has 0 plays
>both were uploaded in the same hour
can someone explain this to me? Why is one level getting played and the other not? I could understand the shitpost being less liked, but noone even played it

Attached: 1440946595388.jpg (552x539, 22K)

You can have a lot of fun just playing the Story Mode.

play my level bros

Attached: MarioMaker.jpg (1280x720, 113K)

You know, considering the switch is full of exclusives right now, your statement seems more like bait and you never owned a switch in the first place.

Apply yourself

Here you go, my first level. It's a "remake" of something I tried on the 3DS game. Only used it to play random crap.

Attached: 1553678541359.png (185x54, 16K)

>not early
>got my usual username anyway
>wasn't even aware they were unique

Attached: 1392956711279.jpg (300x300, 25K)

>versus can be good in the rare event of you having a good connection
>Nintendo doesnt show you the connection to each player so you can block people with shit connections

Attached: guess_Ill_shift.png (1200x975, 35K)

No, I'm asking if your course has any particular theme. A certain enemy, aesthetic, mechanic like the on/off-switches, etc

The only games I have are this and smash. I don't count breath of the wild because I hated it and hope I can recover some of the money by reselling it on eBay

>bait
>because I am not an obsessed autist fanboy
>you support laggy online/ no online interaction
>exclusives

You can't name 10 memorable switch titles in 1 min and you would add BOTW but its a wii u game as well! You are a loser fanboy.

Didn't intent to go on for longer that stated but hey it's not bad for a rushed rough draft that I'll never upload. It's easy to be on a roll with ideas.

Attached: demo 4 funz.png (3556x500, 2.65M)

>not a real mario game
When will this meme end?

All of them but NSMB.

Great level, the ending with the POW block was really satisfying. Only part I didn't like was the part with all the Dry Bones, since they sometimes just make an awful wall of bones. I'm a sucker for a good sense of verticality

Don't worry people will make webms of the good shit to share with everyone.

>Wii U online
>100 max uploads
>paid NSO online
>32 max uploads

consider me late to the party, but what the actual shit.

Attached: 1540204619912.png (128x113, 44K)

>die twice in a level, because i'm trying to get that one 10-coin
>"HEY IT LOOKS LIKE YOU SUCK YOU LITTLE BITCH, WANT TO CHEAT?"
there needs to be a fucking option to disable this in story mode, jesus christ.

Attached: 1543346480530.jpg (355x258, 12K)

STOP MAKING SHITTY WORLD 1-1 STAGES. THEY’RE ALWAYS FUCKING GARBAGE AND BORING.

Attached: 7B4654FD-1131-46D8-B76C-47C4E55A9D7F.jpg (750x730, 364K)

Think I’m going to get a switch and MM2 tomorrow lads. The deal I’m looking at comes with £30 digital credit, what should I spend it on? Half price BotW? Do things go on sale?

66S-D93-XRF
This is the first time I've ever tried to make a level. I would greatly appreciate feedback in the comments or as a response here. Thanks.

Attached: 1558835228246.webm (960x720, 1.72M)

Gave up after encountering two different soft locks. Your level is a mess, guy.

oh, it's a shmup; uses custom-scrolling, bonzai bills, army of floating goombas in night-theme stage. Moon shows up later on and can be used as a sort of smart bomb to wipe-out all enemies on screen.

Definitely BOTW. Best game on the system so far.

If you ever get the game over screen, it straight-up looks like Luigi's jewing for microtransactions, it's wild.
Not that I ever got a game over or anything.

Nintendo shit never goes on sale.

can you turn off luigis fag message every time you die twice

Pretty good, i like the exploration elements you added

I just finished "Secret of the Dry Bones Shell" and holy shit the dry bones shell is so fucking good, that level was the perfect demonstration on what it can do.

Attached: 12342408522.gif (320x288, 16K)

My levels are both fairly short.

DYB-0WM-DYF Super Maker Hill

STM-RKD-M9G Bounce and Swing Jungle

made a level last night then played endless for a couple hours

0 plays

why even make levels?

How do I make a good level? I don't have any ideas

its weird how your kind always uses the port excuse. Yes, BotW, Mario Kart 8 and Hyrule Warriors are Wii U ports, but they are the definite version to play them. I own the Botw Wii U version, not the Switch version, and while playable, I can say that if this was the only version in existance, the game would have been emberassing. Kill a moblin, the game lags for a full half second. Go to any vilage, enjoy cinematic Sony 15 FPS. Have more than 5 enemies on the screen, enjoy the cinematic Sony 15 fps, and when you kill a Moblin at this stage, you risk freezing your game. How is it a malus if this game is almost perfectly enjoyable on the switch?
Same goes to Mario Kart 8 Deluxe. Battle Mode is just a must. Its pathetic and MK8 doesnt have a good battle mode. How is that a malus? How does it diminish the value of these games on the system?

Keep in mind, you can only play these on a Nintendo console to begin with, so its not like the games were a port from an already able console.

Share it here. Most of us will be happy to play it. I'm playing everything so far and there are some real gems.

Give us the codes and apparently if you play levels and rate them your levels show up more for other people or so Ive heard.

Just throw parts together, or attempt to recreate a gimmick from the official mario games with the parts you have. That usually gets me going.

>if you play levels and rate them your levels show up more for other people or so Ive heard.

i played endless for 2-3 hours afterwards and jack shit

Pretty good. It was nice of you to put Koopas to go along with the Hammer Bros because Hammer Bros are a pain to deal with and the Koopa Shells gave an opportunity to attack them from afar. Your obstacles are fair too. You can work a bit on aesthetics, framing your stage in with walls and ceilings to reduce the amount of dead space, but otherwise it's a fun first level.

>couldn't name 10
>got rekt

I am a nintendo fan but I am not an obsessed biased fanboy like you. Learn to like variety and quality. Nintendo's quality has been getting worse each year. Speak up or keep getting shit faggot.

Post codes. My level got boosted to ~500 plays after a couple people played my level yesterday.

Is the carry the block clear condition really story mode exclusive?

You get more upload slots if you people play and Yeah! your levels a lot, I'm genuinely behind this because it means people uploading garbage don't get to upload much garbage and people uploading good stuff get to upload more good stuff.

>worlds first Mozart
Didn’t even know it was first come first served thing

Play my somber, melancholic levels
DWP-847-M1H
8YK-M7F-DYF

false, eshop has had a few first party sales lately

Pretty good for a beginner, level design seems on point but the level feels empty and could use a more cohesive aesthetics,

Thanks user.

Made an auto-scroller in the forest theme trying to make use of water and land movement. Please check it out.
NKD-RXP-7CG

Attached: 27139754640_14f0f78ff2_b.jpg (1024x736, 563K)

4MP-C1H-44G

It is a fairly standard jungle level. not babby easy but not hard either. And it's sort of short if you don't try to grab all the coins.

The most recent being e3 which lasted around a week

Please stop being so basic

Unfortunately, yes. You can make carrying a shell, p-block, p-switch, or trampoline a clear condition though.

You couldnt name 10 sony exclusives worth a damn if your life depends on it, so dont bring this shit up. Even if I would list 10, you would just go "lol indie" or "lol port", simply because you are just here to shitpost. Enjoy this last (You), since you arent worth more

I made a belter of a gimmick level on SMM1 day one
missed the boat this time, plus I'm apparently creatively bankrupt

need some inspiration

>4YG-TF8-HTF - The Secret Snow Cabin Entrance

Any criticism appreciated :^)

Just ran to Walmart and got it it was even priced at 49.99 I was expecting 60$

I'm sorry to hear you missed out on a bunch of their first party shit being 33% off a few weeks ago.

I'm almost blowing my credit limit but fuck it, I will get the game

This is purely guessing, but I think the game queues your levels. It waits a certain amount of time until it starts recommending your next level to other people.

>Failed game master's jump challenge when i didn't even jump

Attached: 1552899792625.png (598x332, 243K)

post your shitpost level

Just started the game, but the ones the dog offers you are very fun, there rest are good to understand the introduced mechanics and ideas

What stylus do you guys use for handheld mode? The only ones I have within my vicinity are my 3DS and Wii U styluses.

automatic shit, if you can even call a "level" with that a level

I like that there are branching paths giving people a choice. Seems like a good level to get in multiplayer versus.

just played a level called "etika tribute" that is just "RIP ETIKA WE WILL MISS YOU" spelled out in coins on a flat surface...

50 comments 100 likes

my level 0 plays

fuck I hate this game

Oh hey, it's my favorite game, Doki Doki Literature Club

Post it user.

Attached: 1532702979057.jpg (500x445, 43K)

already deleted it

How do you make bowsers clown coach not attack you? I've seen some levels where it just stays static to take it as a vehicle

finger.

You lose if you get any air time at all. That includes falling to a lower platform or something.

Guess I should anchor these.

My levels are both fairly short.

DYB-0WM-DYF Super Maker Hill

STM-RKD-M9G Bounce and Swing Jungle

Lol you seem mad you got called out. Not even a fan of Sony. But you are so much of a fanboy whos obessed with Nintendo you give no fair critique to them. Funny you bring up ports and indies because you know that is what the switch is comprised of. The only real gem is Mario odyssey but even that falls flat somewhere. Nintendo's quality just isn't as it used to be but you are too much of a manbaby to not admit that.

Is my boy the big cheep cheep in this?

Attached: Super-Mario-Bros-3-small-138.jpg (398x360, 21K)

I suppose that makes sense. It's not too bad if you just take it a bit slow but what did I expect

Thanks for the compliment though

>Flight of the Ant Troopers
T97-9Y3-Q9G

Lemme know what you think! My first level.

This post is 100 percent accurate with what I feel.

UH

Attached: 0AFE981C-915D-4F41-A1E9-DEE8F6F26EF0.jpg (4032x3024, 2.97M)

Why does the eraser sound like a mobster?

t.sonys CEO himself

Before it was doki doki panic it was going to be SMB2 but nintendo told miamotto it was too different and dropped him into the lost levels dev dungeon via trapdoor

Play my first course, bros! It's optimized for fun speedrunning if you follow the coins. pic unrelated

PKN YHL F3G

based

DKV-CTS-9GG , Dont expect much but a giant shitpost. I wanted to do a serious level, but the moment I realized fishbones just fall to the ground and die, I realized I had to let it rain. You can see the moment where I gave up.

I hope thats the case, otherwise I can only hope a varierity streamers sees my future levels and likes them enough so people play them. Otherwise it will become another circlejerk with Kaizo super strats.

the pic was just a lewd Tifa anyway

Attached: 1560217055022.png (586x828, 509K)

Just started playing. The interface isvannoying. I want to be able to see all my options at once. Definitely way more possibilities in this game though.

>NA 9-5ers coming home now
>thread is suddenly shit

Daaaamn

Is the screen supposed to look like it's glitching out when I hit a P-switch? Specifically in the first ghost house level in story mode.

>Before it was doki doki panic it was going to be SMB2
No, Japan had already released SMB2 before doki doki panic even started development.

Attached: Mariobros2japanbox.jpg (314x315, 34K)

I'm enjoying super expert before it's flooded with garbage japanese maps that are nothing but "OOOooouu surray gaijin, that was one of the 11 fake doors that drop you into an instant death room, give it another go :^)"

G0W BJG N5G
I should reiterate, this is a puzzle level

that's one of the sound FX that they set to the P-switch

No. There's something deadly wrong with your Switch.

How do you message in multiplayer? I saw other people do it. I found where to set up my messages but how do I use them during gameplay?

Attached: Du-5YZNWkAAqCF6.png large.png (251x299, 111K)

-

Heh, I made a level in SMM called Bowser Jr's Airship Armada. I'll check yours out when I get my copy. Which theme did you use?

Semantics. It was still a Mario "sequel" and not necessarily 2. We know for a fact that to miyamoto doki doki was always the real SMB 2.

user, WE DON'T HAVE A CLOWN STATUE. GET OUT OF THE HOUSE

Shit you can port over from SMM?! How?

Thanks.

Yes, it's an optional effect

>mfw one of the messages you can say is literally "WAHOO!"

Attached: jh.jpg (258x260, 19K)

Manually

Not too fond of excavation type levels like these since it's very easy to get overwhelmed and you sort of have to cheese them by creating a pit on on either side of the blast platform. Not bad as far as excavation levels go though.

011-RLH-KPF

I'm trying to add Peaceful music to a vertical level, but it seems like the music won't stick. How do I fix this?

Oh, for a minute I thought you were >implying there was some sort of import tool.

hewwo pweeze pway my very forst wevew
1HN-WPF-V1G

Attached: 1358234973043.jpg (800x516, 38K)

Made a 2 player car racing level w/a countdown timer, check it out
W4S-FNK-CHF
CC appreciated, friend and I designed it together

Place the musical sound on Mario himself

This isn't a normal level.

This is about my feelings towards Wigglers.

WNV-8YL-CHF

>hewwo
fuck off

4TQ-6H3-RDG

Does the game keep a record of your activity? I was the first to beat a level and I'd like to see what the creator thought of it. Also I'd like to save him so I can play his other levels but forgot his name.

on your profile if you tab to the right there's a list of past levels you played. You can select the creator's profile from there and select the star to follow them.

This works, but it'll stick for the entire instance. I want a different tune for a sub-world, which won't stick.

no ^_____________^

Attached: 1442269765713.jpg (686x576, 77K)

Thanks I'll do that.

MSL-464-QNG
no checkpoints for you

30B-8S4-QNG

Alright guys please play my level G2J-SD5-LXF thank you

>hey dude post your shitpost level
>post it
>still at 0 plays
dunno what I was expecting but it wasnt this

first level ever, r8
Sky Ascension : HQJ-R21-9CG

Someone try my level and give me feedback!

Attached: 20190628_160854.jpg (4032x1960, 2.69M)

I had fun with it but it is pretty clear that you were experimenting. Rather than focusing on the Ant Troopers and creating platforming challenges with them you challenged the player with a lot of random enemy types. The boss fight at the end could benefit from being in a more closed space since if you go too far right then the Troopers stop spawning and I ended up just cheesing it by standing on the spawn pipes and shooting it. It's alright for what it is, but could need some more focus and polish. Keep that in mind for your next level.

G6B-23W-HXG. First level, smw. Thematic snow level with some little challenges but nothing really hard.

705-Q8G-FTG
Simple gimmick level that basically requires you to know how minimize jumps and not panic under time limits.

BVH-MRX-PFF
Simple concept but kinda bullshit platforming and dickish sound effects.

Attached: 1550318113710.jpg (638x629, 44K)

this was a very good idea witha good execution i like how you gave the right amount of mushrooms throughout the level instead of having none or way too many

New Switch revisions coming up, you might want to wait and see

The hammer bros at the seesaw section seemed a bit too excessive. Also, the level could look nicer, try using semi-solids and sprucing up the tiles to built sculptures

XR7-NGG-V0H

Play

what exactly does he mean by this

Attached: wat.jpg (1280x720, 62K)

I sat down with my younger brother for some quality time to make a stage together. He wanted to make this:

99T-03X-HLF

I'm so sorry.

ty user

WHERE'S MY DINO-RHINO WHERE'S MY FISHIN LAKITU WHERE'S MY KAMIKAZE KOOPA WHERE'S MY REX WHERES MY BALLOON MARIO WELL NINTENDO?

Attached: 37ayf1ikrqnz.png (1920x1080, 1.29M)

fucking die weeaboo shitter die die dIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE

Obsessed

>All these codes.
Goddamn it Nintendo you had this shit figured out during the fucking Wii U era with the bookmark site.

Attached: 1495057444721.jpg (726x625, 86K)

A level had a powerup from Super Mario Land and it made the level have super Mario Land music. How?

Just started playing it now, never had a chance to play MM1 but I'm already having a blast just trying out user created levels.

Kinda hype for trying the multiplayer for max shenanigans.

Thanks man! I'll get right on that

:3
how did you even find me here?

Attached: heldtight.jpg (1280x1409, 240K)

Remade a couple of my old levels to get used to the game, check them out:

Molehill Sawmill
>HN3-379-CVF
SMB3 style. There's two entrances to the mill, but it was made by the moles, so navigating easier for small Mario.

5 Pink Coins - Yoshi's Escape!
>BLC-775-SRG
SMW style. Yoshi level for prison breaking.

>Play multiplayer
>My neckbeard avatar + 3 kids

Every time

Attached: 1330940009478.jpg (633x639, 189K)

Fresh out of the oven M6R-M8K-05G
ITT you spin on thwomps

Is there a dev block in the mole level?

this thing
I used to work in a hotel and people would often leave stuff behind so I helped myself

Attached: IMG_20190628_214248.jpg (1278x719, 247K)

they should take out new super mario bros. god i fucking hate that game.

Pretty damn fun user. I wish I had thought of that instead of using railed wigglers on my stage.

Fuck this snake with ice physics

whatever that is, no

Yeah it's my least favorite.

you could take it out for SMB2, and nobody would give a shit

New stage is up

World 1-2: Seesaw Tunnels
ID: HGL-BGF-OWG

Give it a go if ya want, now that it's done time for a break so I can play all your guys' levels.

Attached: 65298792_473472536557184_8950647351635083264_o.jpg (1280x720, 90K)

I keep forgetting 3D World Thwomps are not ouchy on touch.

Firefighter
LDQ-9QS-8LG

Sisyphus
7Q2-MS5-VRG

Neither of these has any plays yet and i would really appreciate feedback on their difficulty.

Attached: dogshovel.jpg (125x125, 3K)

It's certainly slower but not unusable.

It's kind of ruining the story mode, I only want to play the classic skins

3D World really is superior in almost every way. For me the OST is the prime offender. NSMB music is awful, 3D World music is nice.

Ty user, I'm sure your stage is plenty fun too, mind sharing?

JF9-VGC-6QG
It’s the first level I’ve ever made. How shit is it?

BAH BAH

Really loved the idea on this one! It was a nice challenge but didn't feel impossible. Only complaint is that the final bit could've been a bit more difficult. Other then that, great level user, you get a like from me!

it's awful. also the 30fps animations are jarring with the 60fps gameplay on that style.

I really hope they will add SMB2 because the menu has a whole "Extra styles" segment with only 3D World in it. If they are truly jewish, and I bet they are, they will make money off of selling it as DLC for like 15 bux.

How do you pick up people in multiplayer?

Honestly I’ve warmed up to 3D World. The new ideas put into it really are worth the exclusions. That being said though things like one way gates and tracks need to be implemented in future updates, there’s no reason for them not to be implemented. Stacking would also be nice.

That wallkick immediately after the checkpoint is kind of a bitch but overall you did really good.

Any good stream of someone playing multiplayer?

Someone play my map and tell me I’m shit at making maps or SO HELP ME
579-0H0-SJG

How can you use screen-locking to create one room areas in vertical subareas? I'm having some trouble.

Use blocks and move it all the way from the top to the bottom of the screen

>Golden Coin Dunes:
1F9-6KT-05G

>Blooper Ruins:
551-161-G2H

Hope y'all like em

Attached: 48350-8340.gif (500x330, 62K)

KOOPA PARTY
CVW-P1G-FGG

SPEEDFALL
6XK-KQB-7MF

I think the NSMB tileset would be enjoyed far more if Nintendo altered the physics and changed the mechanics of the wall jump. Tighter controls with a wall jump like Metroid or Meat Boy would make it more unique.

I'm hearing the 3D World tileset is actually good though?

Thank you! I did have my suspicions about that part. I think I just got good at it when testing and didn’t think about how it would be to other players.
It really makes you feel like Sisyphus. Not too difficult and also had a cool ending.

3D World gameplay feels so good. It makes NSMB feel like a joke fangame.

7LJ-7DN-0FF
I've never played a 2d Mario game before so It's probably really easy

Thanks, that did the trick.

First time making a level, it's shitty but maybe someone would like to try it!
7L8-MX6-CYG

Both of these are pretty good man, Firefighter especially makes great use of the tail and helmet. Nice job on that, Sisyphus took me a little bit to figure out but once I did it was pretty obvious in hindsight.

Good shit man, gonna follow ya

they should've put more Sunshine and M64 music, the sandbird level doesn't feel the same without this
youtube.com/watch?v=XUpTIYnxky8

705-SR3-VNF
a swinging claw level i tried my hand at

What's different about it? It plays more or less like a side scrolling segment of 3D World right?

That's too far. NSMB games are fun, and while they are a bit floaty, they are also precise and well tuned to casual and more serious play. The backgrounds are also gorgeous.

I can tell this is an experiment and that's ok. Try and have a regular level structure so the player always knows what to do and where to go. Also, as many have said, decoration is key to make your level stand out. Fill out any empty space in ground with ground and other blocks. Make the level look nice.

Longjumps, rolling, and spinjumps.

do the different tilesets actually use different physics?

Would someone only interested in playing other people's levels enjoy this game? I'm not really creative but I can get behind an infinite fun levels mario game

No, but the have different mechanics.

The bit past the checkpoint is a little breakneck compared to the first half, you did a really good job detailing with all the ground/ice blocks.

Thanks user : )

thats how ive been playing it and im having a blast

Some have vaguely different mechanics, like how you can spin jump in SMW but not 3 or 1, or do that midair spin or walljump in NSMB but not in the others. Only 3DW is super different, and is why it's in its own category separate from the rest.

Just made my first level, never played the original Mario Maker before, I can tell this is going to be addicting.
Tried going for a theming, a secret experimental laboratory
53K-MNF-HLF

No worries user!

>Firefighter
Do I just keep my fingers crossed and hope the RNG doesn't throw any fireballs on the ground level or is there a way to deal with them

Pretty sure doing exactly that is how I'm going to get the most playtime out of this. I might make a course or two if I ever feel like it, but I'm in it more for playing endless Mario levels.

Update, I'm retarded and didn't try the tail

beat it
liked it
commented with a shit drawing

Have a nice weekened user

Where do you enter the codes to play levels?

One workaround that I used in the first game is to attach the music to an enemy/object and enclose it in an inaccessible area. Space out copies of it so that one is always on screen, keeping the music or sound effect going. It'll eat into your object limit, but it should work.

It's got potential but its kinda a mess, and theres way too many hammer brothers everywhere.

The foundation is the most important thing in level design, if you got no solid footholds or if all the solid ground is cluttered and scattered then its hard to build any real momentum. Keep trying though man, practice makes perfect

It stays still if it's empty, but if anything is inside it acts like it's being controlled by an enemy

How the fuck do the levels with clear requirements work in versus?

I got the requirement, it showed the speech bubble with the flag on my character, I went to the flagpole and it was still transparent and then someone else came and claimed it. I was standing on top of it so I immediately grabbed it as it appeared but that other guy won.

Attached: 1371927427110.gif (220x236, 307K)

It's a neat little level user. Can't even really recognize it as a ghost house theme.

>still cant search levels by name via an ingame search bar
score 1 for LBP

Attached: sackboy game.jpg (1303x1500, 486K)

Course World main menu, its on the far right, the magnifying glass icon.

I unlocked the super ball and made a level about coins.

1KP - 7FQ - FQF

Then I made my first 3D World Stage, I tried to make it fair but tough enough.

HV0 - 64L - 2NF

Feedback would be great

Attached: conversation.jpg (452x464, 49K)

Yup... in 3D World only :^)

Thanks! I might go back to the concept later and make a longer / bigger version of it, it's a bit short.
Is there any way to change music in these levels or is it assigned to the background and block theming you chose??

I always thought it was funny when an unridden yoshi slips into a clown car and it starts hunting you, like NO, BAD DOG, GET DOWN

Aurateur on Twitch is pretty chill and really good at the game. He's 18 hours into a 24 hour stream right now.

I like to do a little bit of both. I get a kick out of knowing some people enjoyed my level enough to star it or leave a comment, but the added themes and the 3D World tileset really have the potential for some really, really fun levels in singleplayer and multiplayer so I can’t pass that up either.

On the very top left in the maker you can switch to sound effects, and you get six or seven tracks you can attack to an area, or stick onto Mario to play constantly.

Siiick. I wont get it right now bc I just picked up Ace Attorney and XC2: Torna on sale + Samsho coming out, but I definitely want to sink my teeth into it

Don't care about makinge levels
I barely care about single player.
I just want to race anons in Mario levels and mess with them.
Is this worth $60.

I think it’s busted, it’s totally broken for me sometimes too.

Oh neat I figured out how to assign sound effects but didn't realize I could use that for music too, thanks

i just picked it up and its installing now.
cant wait to make Mega Mario levels again. i pulled out the amiibo so i can have the skin right away.

do you want to waste cash money moolah dolla dosh wonga quid grand dong mike pence euro

Thanks for the feedback!
I'm currently in the process of recreating my levels from mm1. I have levels of various types and difficulties, if you tell me what kind of levels you like the most, i'll try to prioritize recreating the ones that fit your preferences.

>using any chat options but OOPS! and WAHOO!
It's like you don't aim to piss off your randos

Multiplayer is fucky at the moment. You can't set levels to be exclusively used for multiplayer games, meaning you can go online with 3 other players and play levels that are strictly made with one player in mind.

user...

Attached: megamind_face_demote_by_weskerscountess_d3a763a.jpg (350x234, 17K)

5HF-NH1-5MG
Its a short level about bouncing, feedback would be apreciated :^D

So, do I have to clear story mode to get all the parts? I want the super Mario Land fire flower

>i pulled out the amiibo so i can have the skin right away.
There are no skins in SMM2. It was probably a licensing tangle.

Survive the Fish Bones.
LQK-DBN-M1H

Apparently that and the hammer are earned in story mode, yeah.

Im down for pretty much whatever, so long as it’s not needlessly ball busting hard. I was thinking of porting a few of my MM1 levels Over but with my wii u being dead I have to recall them from memory, and that was years ago

thats silly. why would they remove the only gimmick SMBs had?
its not like they are gonna add skins as DLC.
haha.

Am I missing something or did they make bullet bill launchers max height way less?

The 3DW level was really good! I'd do the other one but my Switch is at 4% charge.

Well you can still be mega Mario in SMB

That will make me sad if true. I loved stomping super tall ones with the big shoe and watching them helicopter off the screen.

Same, but the online is literally unplayable right now.
In those 3-4 rare occasion where there was no lag I had an absolute blast, even shitty/generic/clearly not designed for multiplayer levels are fun in multiplayer.
Just wait and see if it's gets better.

Do you like FOREST LEVELS?!

WL9-03H-K6G

Spent a good chunk of time on this level, so I hope it's at least decent.

Nippy Grip Castle
RQ6-9W8-F3G

Genius, thanks!

Anything else? I never had a Wii u, did later patches add new stuff?

QSP NY2 RDG
My attempt at a traditional style airship level.

1TM-Q6D-4JF
First course made right when booting it up. Anything unfair or poorly made would be great to tell me
Also is there a zoom out function while editing?

Attached: m.jpg (850x850, 68K)

Yes, there were periodic free patches for the first game that added new stuff every few months for a while. Hopefully, we'll get that for this game as well.

new thread when?

what is the worst level theme and why is is castle night?

Fun. In the section with the red coin floating between the plants, I would start the seesaw on the track in a different spot, because as is you have to wait for it to go entirely around in order to board it.

There is a general
Just saying

Good luck with it. I hope that helps.

That’s an easy fix, once I complete the set I’ll go back and tweak the stages and iron out any wrinkles like that

L3/R3

Brand new game.
Just saying.

4YG-TF8-HTF - The Secret Snow Cabin Entrance

Imma post it again, looking for feedback anons :)

Please don't try to inflict /vg/ with Yea Forums posters.

Just played it, i'd say it's a really good stage. the subfloor area in particular gave me the kind of vibe i'd get from a DKC2 stage.

Thanks, took a lot of grief to get the banzai bills to work right so glad it was worth it.

Got it. Thanks!