The ABSOLUTE STATE of Club Nintendo MEX

>This is one of those news that nobody expects. We all know what happened with Wii U, it was an extraordinary console that did not have good sales due to ignorance of the medium. With the departure of the Nintendo Switch two years ago, there was a time to produce, and the truth is that it was a very sad time, because the console deserved to triumph for its innovation.
>Currently, people have already begun to realize the mistake they made and they have wanted to buy it, which has caused an increase in the price of the console, reaching prices above $ 2,000, really exaggerated, but hey, it is a punishment for not paying attention at the time, the fact is that in full 2019 and two years after these events, Nintendo has released an update.
>That's right, both Wii U and Nintendo 3DS (the latter more credible), have received updates on their system, will not add new features or anything like that, but they will leave a better stability and reduction in load times. The truth is that it is to be thankful for what Nintendo does and how it dismisses this console.
Source: www.revistaclubnintendo.com/noticias/nintendo-actualiza-wii-u-y-nintendo-3ds/

Attached: base_nota_bs_wii_u_wht.jpg (1200x675, 65K)

tl;dr
No one cares about your console shit.

Oh cool. Guess I gotta turn my Wii U on to update. Thanks OP.

>it was an extraordinary console that did not have good sales due to ignorance of the medium
One thing I see constantly (and experienced working in a game store around its release) was that the marketing was so fucking abysmal for the Wii U that hardly anyone knew what it exactly was. Everyone at my store back then started asking customers specifically if they had the console since we had so many just buying Wii U games, thinking it was just for the Wii (with an optional tablet controller).

The single biggest mistake they made was the name of the console. Had this console been named anything else, anything at all, they could have called it Nintendo 128 or Gamecube Part 2, and it would have sold 35 million more consoles. Imagine losing out on hundreds of millions of dollars in sales because of the fucking name.

White Wii U looks sexy af

they also styled it so closely it basically looks like a console refresh

Attached: Wii_U_Console_and_Gamepad.png (3474x2986, 2.1M)

>buying a Wii u when almost all the games are already on the Switch

>Buying a Switch when almost all of the games are on the Wii U

Attached: E9E65680-4219-41AB-AEE2-4EC97105FC93.jpg (625x468, 59K)

Yep. They definitely should've redesigned the console too. Even the controller is fine. It's perfect and comfortable. Just a console box difference.

>Oh cool. Guess I gotta turn my Wii U on to update. Thanks OP.
You're welcome!
>White Wii U looks sexy af
Absolutely, its a really sexy sistem
>>buying a Wii u when almost all the games are already on the Switch
An hdd and 2 hrs later, I have now half the Switch library for free on the Wii U

Attached: 57870513_437798453453470_5866890288647769398_n.jpg (1440x1440, 185K)

Wii U
>Hackable
>Free Online
>More or less the same games since the Switch is a port machine outside a few titles

Mexicans are the biggest Nintendo fanboys ever

Attached: mxrunner.jpg (908x1440, 563K)

Holy sheeeet

>stability update
It's either a last minute anti-piracy patch or literally nothing

he sounds pretty fucking salty if you ask me. I have a Wii U and although Nintendo fucked me over with the switch, I can't complain about the console when I have access to native backwards compatibility to everything from NES to Wii/DS in HD, and also it's the perfect emulation machine. It is the perfect Wii successor.

>It's either a last minute anti-piracy patch or literally nothing
In fact, it was nothing...

why would they care about anti piracy for the wii u now?

It legit took me a few seconds to tell the difference even though i own both of them

Can he play the piano now?

We all knew the day would come when this piece of shit would be coveted by hipsters

Didn't Sony update the PSP years after they dropped support for it and it was an anti-piracy measure? Or am I tripping? I really remember something like this happening

Club Nintendo doesn't exist in mexico anymore,they stop back in 2014 I guess and they only exists in some parts of LA

I don't know if it was the previous owner or what but my tablet's battery dies after like 10 minutes.

Club Nintendo is a Vidya Magazine from Mexico and they are the biggest Nintendo FANBOYS EVER

Attached: clubnintendo1.jpg (608x813, 800K)

>I don't know if it was the previous owner or what but my tablet's battery dies after like 10 minutes.
Look for a replacement, they might be expensive, but they will get more and more expensive with time. It's not hard to unscrew a Wii U gamepad

Wish we could have a proper hack like on the Wii.
Haxchi is shit

>Wish we could have a proper hack like on the Wii. Haxchi is shit
I use the "brazilian method" Its really cool

That Splatoon decal is fucking awesome. It is such a shame Nintendo didn't make any variant special editions besides the Wind Waker bundle. I got the bundle that came with Mario 3D World and Nintendo Land, I would have loved the gamepad and console to have 3D World designs on it.

I really want to learn how to jailbreak my Wii U and make it an ultimate emulation box, but I can't bring myself to mess with the one I've had since 2013. I need to find one out in the wild that's used and then I'd go at it.

Same thing with my SNES mini. I have this OCD thing about tampering with the one I got, I need to get a used one I can mess with.

Exactly why I tried to buy up some used games while they were cheap-ish. I really should get back on that, there's still so many Wii U games I want to play and never have. But you can see the writing on the wall, this system and its' games, especially the non-ported ones of course, are going to be bank-breakingly expensive someday.

>It is such a shame Nintendo didn't make any variant special editions besides the Wind Waker bundle.
HUGE wasted potencial indeed

Attached: wii-u-ordenador-3.jpg (827x550, 108K)

Is that yours or a picture from the web? Those LEDs in the analog sticks look sick.

Miss when this magazine used tk be good. Then I found out that they became a very literal English to Spanish translation of Nintendo power. Wonder if they regained their stride now that the former went down.

I never liked mexicans, but this one shall always hold a place in my heart.

It doesn't works for DLCs, the only way to do it without haxchi is with a web server and mocha. It's still a hacky job and there is no way to boot in a safe mode and restore the system nand in case of brick.

thats completely normal, with pic related you can play up-to 30 minutes!

Attached: 10848338-9704501616270211.jpg (600x600, 35K)

>2550
Holy hell.

This thread inspired me to fire up the U. Instantly full lobby on Splatoon. Nice.

Using the tablet while it's charging wrecks the battery pretty damn quickly.

Fisher price

>tfw have WW HD, Pikmin 3, Smash U, Tekken Tag 2, Bayo 2 without Bayo 1, 3D World and Mario Kart 8
The other games I just pirated them

I need the piece the connects the battery to the gamepad. I want to make a on off switch without having to solder or cut anything.

Well that's fantastic, since that's precisely what the dock does.

Dude, there are clear instructions in /vg/ hbg and also at GBATemp, the only thing you'll need is to buy a DS game, after that, everything pretty much is automatic

>$2000 for a wii u
i'll take bullshit for $500

Attached: file.png (1059x722, 1.01M)

They're talking about pesos, not dollars though.

>mexico

do mexitards really use an american dollar sign for pesos?

This blogger sounds like the biggest fucking faggot holy shit.

>THIS IS THE GREATEST CONSOLE EVER, EVERYONE WHO DIDNT LIKE IT IS DUMB

The Switch was designed to run while docked, the Wii U tablet wasn't.

.....but this is the only way I've ever done it. Have I been ruining the battery? I got to replace it.

Cool man thanks. I'm going to check that out actually.

Why did the 3DS succeed then? It's got the exact same naming problem.

2000 pesos are around 100 bucks, even then, I think it's expensive, and I say that as someone living in Mexico. You can go to Frikiplaza in Mexico City and get lots of old consoles for up to 50 bucks. I'm this close of buying an OG Xbox

>Console still updates.
Probably to make it harder to hack it into an emulation machine.

A few of those deals aren't too bad. Like that one for $80 that comes with the Pro controller and 3 games. That's a pretty good deal.

The $ sign is universally used for money in most parts of the world.
All money that has "dollar" "pesos", even Brazilian Reais use $. You really should get out more, man

Who would've known? Even my SP still has serviceable battery life. Although I guess /g/ tells you not to use your phone while it's charging.

I love my Wii U!

Attached: 795FC27B-1039-455E-A373-0B703B9FF1A9.jpg (4032x3024, 2.56M)

yen and euros dont

They patched freeShop on 3DS when there was about 5 games left to release

Just don't do CBHC, it's not worth it, the risk is too high. But everything aside from that is pretty breaindead and the risk for brick is practically 0 if you follow the instructions, that is

3DS wasn't marketed towards your grandparents.

Now that is a question best left to the scholars. Maybe someday, our grandchildren will know the answer.

You literally didn't read what I posted.

with 3ds the name is clear, its a ds with 3d
when i think of the name "wii u" i think of something like miiverse for the wii

>get out more
>to go to Mexico and Brazil

I'm fine, thanks anyway. I like my head right where it's at, connected to my neck on top of my body.

>club nintendo
>hipster

club nintendo is literally latin nintendo power

it was DBZ tier of popularity back then. now it's one of the few vidya magazines out there.

I feel how weak it was was also a factor. The Switch I honestly feel is great. It's a handheld that's a bit stronger than the PS360. For what Nintendo does and the stuff they care about, this is fine. The Wii U was just a mess, honestly.

I do think the joycons cost too much. They could make the system 200 bucks if they didn't try to shove things like "HD rumble" into the dinky little controllers. A left or right individual joycon shouldn't cost 50 bucks. I like the idea of only having to replace the left or right piece if an analog or button just breaks, but not when they're 50 bucks. 20-30 would be ideal.

Is that really how much it is? Wasn't a Wii Remote Plus like 30 or 40?