How little "game" can be allowed in a game before it's no longer considered a game?

How little "game" can be allowed in a game before it's no longer considered a game?

Attached: ea95b42f4d8029ac2510571cc8dbdae4.jpg (1200x630, 433K)

Other urls found in this thread:

gotylist.com/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

ask persona fags

ask VN fags

IDK but there's anywhere between 130-200hrs of full single player content in the game you just listed. If this isn't a game than neither is TW3

No, you don't get it. RDR2 has pretty graphics and animations so it's not a game.

How much control does the player need over their surroundings for it to be considered gameplay?
Auto aiming weapons, self driving vehicles are more cutscene-esque than gameplay

This is the most solid shooting in a R* gameplay to date and the took the wildlife part of V that everybody liked and put actual gameplay mechanics around it.

And yet it's still a better SP shooter than anything that came out on PC this gen aside from nudoom

NOOOOOOOOOOOO DON'T SAY THAT IT'S NOT A NINTENDO GAME IT'S NOT A GAME SHUT UP YOU SHILLS

Attached: 1554613729313.png (243x234, 35K)

Dusk

This game is so boring that people have to turn on cinematic mode just to make riding the horse tolerable

The only problem with RDR2 is it's weird sloppy controls. It's strange because the first game controlled fine, it at least it didn't fight you at any rate.

Everything else is a meme complaint.

Idk, JRPG exists and it's the most monotonous and automatic genre that has ever existed, text scrolling and menuing should not be considered gameplay too.

I count Kinetic Novels as games. Fite me.

Rent free

You're joking right? I like the game but its strong point definitely isn't it's shooting when the game aims the gun for you lmao

ITT: cope

Attached: 015.png (434x327, 37K)

try finishing the game without moving then

Would you consider that to be a suitable benchmark for videogames? At least you have to move your character (sometimes)

The first game had far more wildlife than gta v and came out before it

why does this game even have an honor system?

RDR 2 doesn't utilize it's medium fully but saying it's not a game is a bit extreme

What constitutes a game to you?

So you can spam "howdy mister" everytime you see a new person on the street.

It’s fucking pointless like almost everything else in this game.

Easy for you to say that when you "played" the game through youtube.

nu Yea Forums will defend this walking simulator

Check ps exclusives to get your answer

Stop projecting poorfriend

>there are people who actually thinks this garbage is better than Breath of the Wild

An ideal game would allow you to be in control at all times. This is where rdr, and games like it, stumble. They can't figure out how to tell a good story with making you sit and watch a brief going clip before allowing you to resume play. Why what would you say makes a game?

Affects in-game prices and acts as a moral guide for your actions depending on what playstyle you're doing. Also reflects how people around you react. There's a LOT of shit you can get from the fence that goes into the crafting system.

It’s kind of amazing how not only did everyone already forget about this game, but they went back to GTAO as well. Rockstar should have never put online in Red Dead and just focused on a better singleplayer.

hi ACFag seething as usual I see.

I would agree with you except I'd say they fall down not just stumble. There's nothing with a cutscene or two but when the majority of the "game" consists of sitting back watching events unfold I get bored and fall asleep.

I fell asleep about 3 hours into rdr2

I haven't played assassins creed since Revelations and have no interest to get back into the series

Black Mirror Bandersnatch is a video game.

That's not what that means and you know it

where at least 70% of everything happening on screen (unscripted) is in direct response to my inputs

Too much game in RDR2. Too much annoying game at any rate. Fun should come first.

>Forget

Lol

Attached: 1560800375412.jpg (882x863, 235K)

different endings and affects peoples reactions and store prices

OP is seething because there's a positive RDR thread up right now, seriously how pathetic are you?

A series of, preferably enjoyable, challenges the player has to overcome.

I wish there was more reasons to be low honor in this game. The money ending was great though

Attached: 1561578348153.png (640x537, 364K)

even the most movie esque ps exclusives like Tlou, Uncharted, and God of War have more interesting and in depth gameplay than red ranch simulator

RDR2 has that in spades.

Did you shop at the fence?

I'm having a hard time finding games I actually enjoy anymore. There are a few gems out there but a lot of genres I used to like just don't have an effect on me anymore.
I honestly thought it meant assassin creed fag. What does it actually mean?

RDR2 is the type of game snoy wishes it was making.

>RDR2 has that in spades.

Yes. I never denied that it was a game. I actually think it's a damn good one, too.

How poor “bait” can be allowed in a bait post before it’s no longer considered bait?

Attached: 5714EFCF-CC71-456D-83A4-629C3D0B528F.jpg (510x594, 36K)

remember when GOW absolutely destroyed RDR 2 sheer numbers of GOTY? Keep seething

It's the no lifers that live on here. They want a culture that fully embraces their likes and what they deem as "masterpieces". This game threatens that culture.

That culture mostly seems to be games made in Japan; more specifically on Switch. Lastly, games unique to PC, which this isn't currently.

maybe because GTA Online has 7 years worth of content while RDR Online just exited beta?

so many brainlets on Yea Forums. cringe

armored core fag

>m-muh VGAs

coptimus maximus

learn to read

Nope what does it change. I only know about the black revolver grip

Never even heard of it.

Telltale “games”

The answer my friend, is blowing in the wind
The answer is blowin in the wind

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 20K)

keep seething

Attached: goty2018.png (543x493, 11K)

He has a bunch of recipes and stuff at lower prices if you're evil.

RDR2 did go a little too far with immersion>gameplay, and I wish the criticism towards it was a little bit stronger.

keep being a corporate dicklicker lmao

Attached: q7VqqXL.jpg (3024x4032, 2.92M)

>its bad because I'm a fat fucking pctard that cant afford consoles

remember when GOW was completely forgotten about a year after release?

not as forgotten as Red dead online lmao

No I don't because it didn't happen

gotylist.com/

>most solid shooting
>fuckton of auto aim and bullet curve because the shooting is so shit
????

GOW didn't even have an online to remember, lul

In a R* game, yes. And it's the best take on FPS musket combat I've ever seen in a game Tbh.

the same can be said about GTA Online when it first came out of beta.

It's the best fishing game to come out in years.

true, its a blast. even my dad enjoys it.

Attached: pike.jpg (1600x900, 345K)

how do you defend the auto aim gunplay, and mission designs where you must perform extremely scripted tasks or the mission fails

how do you explain your 'tism?

We've reached 50/50 gamplay vs cutscene, so I'd wager 75% cutscene

Novels aren't games