Play Divinity Original Sin

Play Divinity Original Sin

Attached: 1494947897121.jpg (1920x1080, 1.43M)

Other urls found in this thread:

boards.fireden.net/v/search/image/3JpgCF6zx2-VAw4VPwv7Pw/
divinity.fandom.com/wiki/Timeline
youtube.com/watch?v=ZSu0vtAiPYU
youtube.com/watch?v=Q0HbGmMjKFM
youtu.be/bWtboTSCO2I
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Does 1 have baby bitch mode like 2?

>Piper Perri
Based

Which is better 1 or 2? Does it matter which is played first?

NO ONE HAS

>boring story
>terrible waifu options
>cannibal giraffe elves
Gameplay is nice though.

I'd say, if you want to play both, play 1 first as 2 contains a bunch of QOL improvements you'll miss in 1
both are great games

i like the game overall but their attempts at comedy are fucking terrible

>phys and magic armor
>qol improvements

They're both great games

2 has improvements over 1, though it also has the crappy armor system too

but I'm downloading 2 right now so I can play with a friend

That's Divinity Original Sin 2, though, which is inferior to Divinity Original Sin.

1 is way better than 2.

Better music, better atmosphere, better characters, better combat, etc.

The music is where it really stands above 2 though.

>better characters
companions were way better in 2

Yes
Anyone who complains about OS2s armor is a fucking mongoloid. No more retarded RNG combat where the battle is decided on "who stunlocks who first".

That's the first game...

I dislike how it heavily favors stacking 1 damage type over balanced parties

I'm doing exactly that. 80 hours in, still at Silverglen but nearly done there and will be ready to move to Phantom Forest in about 10 hours I think. Having a ton of fun with this game. Hopefully 2nd one is just as good.

I wanna replay the definitive edition of div1os, is 2 lone wolves still the best? I just wanna breeze through unlike the last time when i was eating dick at nearly every big boss

Attached: 1561557033715.jpg (465x500, 56K)

>No more retarded RNG combat where the battle is decided on "who stunlocks who first".
But 2 is even worse since there's no RNG whatsoever on the "who stunlocks who first" rule, which coupled with other problems like everyone having teleports, poli and other stuff makes the game immensely more stupid than the already stupid predecessor.

Just be sure your pc meets the hardware requirements for 2
some encounters will melt laptops

Attached: Oil_rig.png (1200x675, 1.75M)

It doesn't. Stacking 1 type of damage is viable but not outright superior, especially when nearly every encounter has enemies with different types of armor, favoring a balanced party.
I mean, are you really going to say going pure Magic, for instance, is superior when there's an enemy with 10k Magic armor and 1k phys armor?

I have nightmares.

Attached: 20190525204551_1.jpg (1920x1080, 686K)

My laptop is struggling with the first one on lowest graphics settings. The keyboard is hot like a frying pan.

the biggest difference you'll see is 6 to 1, and usually it's more akin 3 to 2
and yes going full physical is flat out superior to a mixed party

see
That entire area is on fire, fully animated and modeled dynamic fire
pc's that can run the second game (which is more demanding that the first) on 60fps can drop as low as 20 on that single fight

there's a couple other encounters like this, if your laptop struggles with 1 it's gonna combust on 2

this, still dont know how i made it through this fight

fight itself was easy, keeping that dumb-as-rocks npc alive however

I've got a bunch of chests with neatly organized materials inside them waiting to be crafted but I don't know what to craft or how. How much crafting/blacksmithing level do you need in this game? I'm worried I might be done with the game without ever putting crafting to use. The only things I've made are healing potions and arrows for Bairdtr.

Rip Kirill.

obviously thats what i meant. so many actions wasted on that guy

I did, it was a 7/10, but still better than 2

>ywn visit the broken valley for the first time again

DOS1 is so fucking good it's even better than predator. Probably the first game I played after turning 20 that was good enough to create a nostalgic feeling whenever I play it again.

Attached: marriage-not-as-good-as-predator-say-men-01-03-10-marrying-42190253.png (500x659, 176K)

the most important thing about crafting is not making weapons, but rather improving them
blacksmithing is not important at all, crafting is much more important
but do look out for items that increase your crafting stats and equip them before improving items

you can do supremely silly things with item improvements like say, have a character that has 100+ immunity against all damage types

what does the definitive edition add? In 2 I mean

>broken valley
Fuck, it's like you read my mind. Fucking love that song.

I swear, that cunt was doing everything in his power to try and get killed

I'm glad I had a hydromancer and could freeze his dumb-ass in place and spread blessed water surfaces around

It doesn't, only brainlets think that.
Most enemy parties are mixed themselves with enemies that have either low physical or low magical armor, that's why mixed parties are better than going unga bunga physical only.

>it's a "he climbs down the ladder into hellfire and 3 different slimes" episode

dallis’ panties are re added to the game with sniffing animation

What about Malady's?

did anyone even like her? she felt like a bad OC to me

she was terrible and a mary sue that only was there to save the protagonists and move the plot forwards

>everyone has teleport moves in 2
shit game filled with annoying necrofire desu
1 was way more tactical

There are numerous enemies that only have 1 type of armor.
Besides, shouldn't you be more concerned with having fun? If I can beat the game with a balanced party with 0 issues, what's forcing you to minmax a single damage type?

I was constantly on edge for exactly when she'd betray us or reveal her morally dubious greater plan
and it just never came

>Start playing hoping for a serious fantasy RPG
>LOL LE MONTY PIETHAWN RANDOM MEMES LOL!

What a fucking letdown.

Teleport moves were overdone but they were a nice idea, I hope they come back but a bit toned down or reworked in the next game.

Attached: Chihuahua+berserk+mode+_ca10b9119b6f932071436307de0cfe0a.jpg (2048x2048, 340K)

that encounter with the undead mage and the deathfog was...interesting

But I already played both

>Do final fight >pyroclastic skin graft pyroclastic
>Get to phase 2 in one character's turn
Elements get a crazy powerspike lategame

what game?

Problem Child 2

Jahan went out like a BITCH

Fuck this fight.
>try to save guy
>guy runs into fire
>tp him to safety
>runs into fire
>finally save him
>runs into gang of magisters
WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING DUDE

Attached: 8C54A588-1648-492C-8945-4A719BD8C027.jpg (406x384, 122K)

The story is so boring. The voice acting is whack. The quests are boring. It is only good if you really want a methodical w rpg fighting system. I wish someone had explained that to me clearly. You are playing it for the fights. Which are slow and methodical.

t. zoomer

also don't forget
>pacing back and forth through fire racking up damage

Thanks for the spoiler, bitch.

Both shit

boards.fireden.net/v/search/image/3JpgCF6zx2-VAw4VPwv7Pw/
Hmmmmmmmmmmm

I'm playing it for the story, lore and quests. Fights are fun too. Literally what the fuck is your problem and what did you expect from the game?

I tried playing both but couldn't get past half way for each of them. There are too many battles and they take way too long

everyone played original sin 1 though

>there's too much gameplay
I have an idea of what you mean for DOS2 but i would've chosen other points like
>a few random cheese enemies like that witch
or
>way too many useless talents and gear

They're not that long if you're fighting enemies your level and you can skip all of them except scripted/boss fights.

How do I get resurrection scrolls on Fort First Island? Shit is getting hard to find.

Is building a character who focuses on grenades viable? Either game.

Good classes/traits for first playthrough?
I get autistic about messing up my lategame from picking poor classes/stats at the beginning

Going to quote myself here
It's not fair bros.

Attached: 1557457487381.jpg (512x384, 27K)

No, they're usable in the first game but only as a side thing and shouldn't be your main focus.

Attached: 1438016619489.png (296x369, 43K)

My main is a Scoundrel who mostly backstabs and throws grenades. Love grenade is OP abainst big enemy crowds.

[Female] [Lizard]

Go play Monster Hunter, POE, Diablo 3 or some mmorpg if you like grinding mobs for hours while you watch anime or listen to a podcast like an autist. Rpgs are for adventures, not autistic grinding. You can always replay the game if you want to try out different things.

I'm downloading it right now

I playede it with a friend who basically guided me through it and it was fun. Too confusing for me to play on my own.

I tried, it's shit and ugly.

Divinity Original Sin 1 and 2 are the greatest RPGs to ever come out this decade. Nothing even comes close to either game and nothing probably will. Thank you based Larian.

Just teleport him to the tent on the beach camp and then block entrance with various stuff. It takes him shitload of turns to destroy that stuff, giving you enough time. If not, rinse and repeat.

>nothing probably will
DOS3 will. BG3 can fuck right off though.

Make my own OC or play as one of the premades in OS2?

divine divinity so much better. They should of stuck and improved that model than make mediocre turn based games with shit combat.

Sven is actually trying to revive Spelljammer
the absolute madman

I had to restart this fucking fight over and over so I could wipe out the guards before that retard unleashed PC destruction upon me.

I played DOS2 before the definitive version came out. Is it true they made it a lot harder to play solo without any party members? I was reading threads here when I played saying it was possible and I wanna give it a shot.

Just bless bless rain lightning, my dudes.

they nerfed some of the op skills

Premade is a better experience IMO

>the pawn
>torturer
>lone wolf
special mentions to whatever gets you to summoning 10 soonerest

gay

I liked 1 a lot more.

> That entire area is on fire, fully animated and modeled dynamic fire
pc's that can run the second game (which is more demanding that the first) on 60fps can drop as low as 20 on that single fight

Complete bullshit, how shit is your pc?

Literally every fight would end in a sea of necrofire. It was fucking boring

I wonder are any summons other than the incarnate champion actually worth using?
Bone widow used to be powerful before they nerfed it

I liked malady, her voice was super sexy

my personal pc is way to powerful to drop framerate on that fight, but a bunch of folks on laptops reported it dropped fps like crazy

The fire nonsense got a performance patch

they're still powerful, you just can't end a fight by yourself with thunderstorm anymore

You can still cheese fights. I nuked the doctor with apothesis, tea leaves and a fuckton of 3sp spells to kill him within a turn to save my waifu lohse.

both Sebille and Lohse were better than her

well yeah, there's no real way to make Apotheosis less broken

>flat
>short
>braces
terrible taste in waifus desu

Sebille > Lohse

>tea leaves
>not cooking it into tea
c'mon man the pot is right there and it doubles the effectiveness

Malady, alongside the leader of the Freedom Fighter type group (I forgot his name) and the guy who you find in Dallas' ship who sells you stuff, were apparently going to be romance options. That's according to the Art Book anyway.

>not wanting thicc demon-possesed waifu

Yeah I did that, forgot people didnt know that.

You can play as one of them, then romance the other
It's canon that Lohse has a thing for Sebille before the game even starts

I didn't know tea existed at all until this thread

They turned Jahan and Arhu into bitches. Wtf larian...

Imagine playing DOS2 without Fane.

Attached: 1532139008342.png (940x513, 489K)

You dont really need them to be fair. I only used them to kill the full strength doctor because fuck that asshole.

>Jahan
>bitch
>literally everyone uses him to kill the crucified witch

if you're a noble you can buy it from the Arx commander's wife
tea costs 0ap to use in battle and lasts 3 turns, there's 3 flavors of tea (mutually exclusive)
1 gives 75% fire resist
2 gives +2max AP
3 gives -2AP cost on EVERYTHING

3 is bullshit op

What? They nerf my boy? I used to tank bosses with him.

Fane
Red Prince
Sebille
Lohse

this is the best team, accept no substitutes

I meant lorewise.

>3 gives -2AP cost on EVERYTHING
my goodness

Attached: sweats.jpg (640x480, 23K)

For me it's Ifan as avatar with Lohse, Fane and the Red Prince as partymembers.

Switch Sebille with Beast and you're right.

All of the MC outside of Ifan and maybe beast are insufferable cunts, ESPECIALLY Fane, Sebille and RP.

lasts 3 turns, costs 0 AP to use from inventory
it's not even expensive
combine it with adrenaline, flesh sacrifice, skin graft shenanigans

Use them with apothesis scrolls for instant I WIN gameplay.

theres not many actually good talents. theres like 90% shit ones, 9% ok ones, and 1% ridiculous one.

the best ones are the pawn, natural armor, and comeback kid.

the best class is almost definitely anything involving necromancer for a million reasons. the lifesteal is amazing on its own, its the only physical damage mage class so it balances mages, or if youre a warrior having physical damage spells makes them not useless as the effects work based on physical armor, also grasp of the dead is maybe the best source spell in the game that scales really well even without any int.

polymorph is also amazingly overpowered, the polymorph skills are probably objectively the best skills in the entire game. balance the scales is probably the best skill in the entire game, it works THROUGH armor and magic armor, and is probably the only spell that does. its invaluable on the hardest difficulties because it does hp % damage to enemies that have whatever, 45k health. spread your wings is retardedly good, medusa head is game breakingly good and polymorph gives you a free attribute point.

honestly the best class in the entire game is probably 5 necro, 3 poly (or whatever it takes to get to balance the scales), 1 level in each of the magics to get the blesses, at least a few points in perseverence so you dont get electric puddle stunlocked to death, and then 3 in warfare and soundrel and pumping finese and vitality, with the pick pocket skill and natural armor, the pawn, and comeback kid as talents.

the suicide explosion one is also really good if youre not doing lone wolf, as it can do 7k~ damage by the end of the game >for free. like four of these characters would break the game

huh, here i thought the only way I could do it was
>stand by cliff to keep her still there
>tp her off the cliff
>intercept her on the ramp as she returns
>shoot from way far with ranger and TP him out of combat over and over
>dead witch

So DOS2 isnt really connected to DOS1, is it? No mention of Astarte and the Void Dragon. The Guardians would probably bitchslap the 'gods' of the DOS2.

there are snippets that refer to the pair of source hunters
and an item called astarte's tears
but that's about it i think

>Why yes, Sebille is always my main character, how could you tell?

Attached: chad.png (537x763, 288K)

what the fuck i thought i was the only one who did that. she was ridiculously op

Damn, that's some terminal shit taste you've got there.

The story in DOS:2 was crap compared to the first DOS.

2 takes place 1000 years after 1. There's a couple characters from 1 in 2 and a few references to the PCs from 1.

divinity.fandom.com/wiki/Timeline

Original sin 1 takes place more than 1200 years before OS2.
>Note- Divinity: Original Sin 2 story takes place 4 years after Beyond Divinity, 24 years after Divine Divinity, 58 years before Divinity 2.

So the games are connected lore wise but given how far apart they are timewise, it makes sense there isnt a huge connection

beast - hydro bitch
ifan - ranger
sebille - thief
red prince - tank

the best party

Yeah, but the continuity is completely in shambles. No mention of Astarte in DOS2 and no mention of the Eternals in DOS1, both of which would certainly overlap. And lets not forget about our friend Braccus Rex. I think they hired an entirely new team of writers for DOS2.

Soni have to play all the divinity to get all the references? Where's dragon commander?

dragon commander takes place more than 8800 years before OS 1

to be ENTIRELY fair, DOS2 did leave themselves an out by having Eternals integrated into society at all levels with the faceripper masks

Fuck, I'm going to buy Divinty2 as soon as I have my 5 quid discount.

I think I killed her legit after being completely overleveled and ambushing her with a couple of 3 sourcepoint nuke spells

Yeah, but that wouldnt explain all the veil/source/void dragon contradictions.

Divinity 2 or Divinity Original Sin 2?

Divinity 2

>divinity 2
>4 lb discount
off the top of my head wouldnt it be free at that point?

Would love to, but I can't seem to solve the murder case. Got all info of the gravedigger to the suspects and the love letter in the chest, but captain dude still says thats not enough evidence. Any hints?

the wiki has a pretty good walkthrough if youre stuck

This thread makes me really want to play DOS1. I was planning on replaying the 2nd game soon, but maybe I should play the first one instead.

A STITCH IN TIME MY FRIENDS

Looks like a weeaboo cartoon, no thanks

>piper perri

Attached: 9a0.png (405x327, 147K)

NOT IN THE MOOD FOR CHEESE?

Why did they remove these?

STRANGE. STRANGE INDEED.

what do you mean? it's in the EE version

I didnt. Dont even care for turn-based combat. Give me sequel to Ego Draconis or something similar.

HEAR YE HEAR YE, QUEEN JUSTINIA EXECUTES TWO DOZEN NOBLEMEN FOR INSUBORDINATION

It's been a while but didn't they completely redo the voice acting, making those lines far less memorable?

This, except less janky. And keep the amazing hip sway on the female player character.

Can you play as a bone lizard in both 1 and 2?

Only 2. 1 is humans only.

you can only play as human in DOS1

RED AND ORANGE
YELLOW AND GREEN

What's the difference between the normal version and the enhanced edition of DOS1?

Guess I'll just get 2 then

False, 1 is vastly greater then 2 in terms of gameplay. People who think ALL rng should be removed from games are absolutely retarded baby brained retards. I will agree that they need a psudo random system though.

Attached: teg1111111.png (420x391, 8K)

nah. get both.

>That female animation while climbing up ladders
>Animation as they finish climbing up a ladder
>Hip sway
First time I actually felt like masturbating to a character, wonder why I never did.

>Make Skele Enchanter
>Later realize I made the MC the resident healslut who can't heal himself
>Quit at the second island after the oilfield and demon island fights due to everything feeling like a slog

>Friends buy game because they hear it's a co-op RPG
>One friend goes full retard, skips all dialogue, and grabs all loot and forces everyone forward due to having played the prologue before
>Friends end up quitting due to the shitty pace and not knowing what to do or where to go
Where did it all go so wrong?

>female hip sway
I need to play as a female char
>not being allowed to bonk that sultry-and -dressed-in-slutty chick in your own tower
Pain.

1 has MUCH better gameplay, the encounters are scripted much better and are much more challenging and tacticoooool. Itemization actually matters in 1 and you can make lots of cool builds for your party.

In 2, its pretty much click x to do something cool! and all the items are just +10 hp then +40hp then +120 hp etc etc, so every single item is 1000x stronger then an item 1 level below it. All you do is just replace gear with the same gear but better. Its just awful dumbed down shit, its fucking insane. Gameplay is just bursting down enemys as fast as you can and every single enemy has like 10 teleportation spells to get right ontop of you and completely ignore the terrain. Almost as if they couldn't figure out pathing or something (they cant, because if you teleport them away as many times as they teleport to you, they will eventually just stand around running in circles until their cooldowns are back up.)

Im so fucking disappointed in 2 after 1 reignited my hope for the future of video games and this company.

Attached: 1395734262764.gif (200x189, 799K)

fucking this

I've played both. The first one has a much better armor system. In the second one you're basically forced to go full physical, or full magic, for your entire party on harder difficulties. It's just a shitty system.

Still, despite that, I feel that the music, the abilities and the general builds you can create is much better in the second one. It's also much smoother to play and a more interesting world. I've played through the first one once and the second one three times. Even despite the glaring flaws in the armor system it's one of my favorite games ever.

fuck nope its shit after first act
the same applies to dos2

>>Make Skele Enchanter
>for healing
this is where you fucked up
unironically for me lategame fane is my anchor
High raw defenses because i game him my best armor and shields and for some fucking reason summoners have the highest impact heals and damage mitigation in the game thanks to soul mate, uncanny evasion not requiring int, and rallying cry being the biggest dickus of heal bombs

>floor burning simulator

no thanks

My first playthru was as MC Fane and it was great roleplaying as a condescending skeleton, story was also incredibly relevant that it made me feel he was always meant to be the canon MC. Now I'm doing a second run as Sebille using characters I didn't use last time but I can't bring myself to leave Lohse behind so he's out of the party

Yes

Biggest change is voiced dialogue.

Fane is made to be a deathknight

played dos2de. promising xcom-like in the beginning but it got too easy. so i scaled enemy levels up to +6 my own. and it was now not only easy but trivial.

shed one (1) single tear, and dropped it

This, I was a 3 phys 1 mag party and endgame our magic player was critting enemies for their entire armor + half their health

I despised early game of 1 because of how much cheesing you needed to do to stand a chance against Braccus

2 is better, cyseal is poorly paced, the writing in 2 is better, the combat is more fun, beaten both on hardest mode multiple times. play both if you have time, but you csn just play 2, stories aren't really connected

Hello fellow doorway bro

>play DOS 1
>be scared shitless of those burning skeleton enemies with levels way above my char level
>grab a high perception character and peek their stats
>now I'm buffing my damage % and equipping water weapons and destroying them all in one hit
What a fun game

Fane - MC (mage/healer)
Red Prince - tank with summoning
Sebille - Rogue with poly
Ifan - full ranged
Give everyone 1 point in rogue to get The Pawn and give Sebille the Attack of Opportunity Feat and you have the best party in the universe

Attached: 1538622624392.png (300x300, 108K)

Attached: 20190628140754_1.jpg (1920x1080, 794K)

Attached: 20190628140803_1.jpg (1920x1080, 779K)

Grim Dawn is better

Attached: 20190628140851_1.jpg (1920x1080, 863K)

>top down
>turn based
yikes no thanks

Zoomers get out

I had fun RPing as Rance & Sill

Pet Pal best talent

Attached: smooch.png (1352x397, 370K)

i have a complete collections of D&D games boxes in my room faggot, just because it was a certain way doesn't meant that 20-30 years later it still has to be the same unchanced shit, it's not like something like 3rd person and action combat would automatically invalidate every RPG aspect, you just have to avoid doing like Todd dumbing down the games to the max desperately trying to chase the most casual crowds

Never played a game like this before, any tips?

Is it any fun solo? Tried first one ended up developing Schizophrenia.

They're not even the same type of game , retard.

Attached: 923876246.jpg (191x172, 7K)

>Ping a bunch of friends on discord asking if they wanna play with me
>No answer
>Ask a dude I have played borderlands 2 with for hundreds of hours
>[Excuses]

Attached: 1545566005729.png (172x172, 10K)

I'm a dumb plotfag so I think DoS1 sucks donkey balls, sorry.

Maybe you're annoying

Baldurs gate 3 should also have similar turn based combat.

nerd

Ive only played them solo and it was great. Cant imagine having to deal with other people rushing through dialogue.

>Yes, I play as lone wolf how did you know?

Attached: gigachad.jpg (400x461, 18K)

By your tiny skull

Attached: nosechop.webm (406x720, 308K)

>tfw you trigger an invisible trap and your entire party gets vaporized

Attached: 1497015784412.jpg (311x278, 31K)

2 has a magic armor system and round robin turn system that makes initiative worthless so its garbage

fug

youtube.com/watch?v=ZSu0vtAiPYU

I know this is meme bait but Lone Wolf in the first game is actually balanced/harder compared to a full party. Dunno how they dropped the ball so hard in the second game, even the "nerfed" version in DE is still pretty strong

I miss having 12+ action points

youtube.com/watch?v=Q0HbGmMjKFM

Based. This song alone beats the entire ost of DOS:2

>Can move and pick up virtually every piece of furniture you encounter, freely.
>Can't have your own base where you fuck around and have sex in
NOOOOOOOOOOOO IT WASNT SUPPOSED TO BE LIKE THIS, BROS
WHERE IS MY SKYRIM (isometric) WITH 200 MODS INSTALLED ONLY TO SPEND DOUBLE YOUR ACTUALY PLAYTIME ON GETTING EVERYTHING TO WORK
ITS NOT FAIR BROOOS

youtu.be/bWtboTSCO2I
this was hype as well at the game's climax

Overall 2 is better, if you can only get one of them then get 2.
You don't really need to play one to jump into 2, 2 continues 100 years later and seems to just play off of the events or a random side quest from the first game from what I've seen (near the end of act 2)
If you can get both then they are both worth playing.