Stands>>>>>>>>>>>>>Personas

Stands>>>>>>>>>>>>>Personas
These Phantom Thieves fucker wouldn't stand a chance against the likes of Diavolo and King Crimson bullshittery

Attached: 1561736081087.jpg (1920x1080, 179K)

Other urls found in this thread:

dijehtranslations.wordpress.com/2016/08/07/araki-hirohiko-x-kaneko-kazuma-interview-part-i/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Both are pretty stupid.

Who gives a fuck?

bro you just posted anime

>my fictional powers are stronger than your fictional powers
don't make me bust out power-man image

CONFUSION

Post it

IS

HOW DOES IT WORK

Attached: powerman.png (1593x5000, 713K)

There's a persona in P2 that can stop time so eat shit.

Attached: dddd13e2076319bbd7a157dceb2e7dc0.jpg (1976x3236, 956K)

Filthy acts at a reasonable price

>he doesn’t know

play the game

Name 1 power man game or animated series.

>Blatantly stealing ZA WARUDO
Shameful

>JJBA invented the "time stop"

Attached: 60s-Spider-Man-Takes-Neat-Photos-In-The-Sky.gif (400x324, 146K)

The cool bubble effect, yes.

can personafags win?

Attached: 4EC15042-5B21-46BE-85D2-D7E56B3B4CE1.jpg (636x959, 57K)

They are when we are talking about persona. The entire concept of Persona comes from JoJo. So when you look at persona you should be looking out at what else have they stolen from Jojo.

Persona 4 is fucking shameful in their thievery.

If any other series does something, you can assume they came up with it on their own, but not Persona.

Ok but how does king crimson work?

Depends. Hows Pesci feeling? Does he have conviction or not?

Do you realize how cringy this is?
Not even the comic, the fact that there are people who think like this
>Someone is enjoying some dumb shit
>THIS MAKES ME ANGRY!
have sex

Diavolo couldn't even fight the Phantom Thieves, they'd just go into his palace and steal his heart. King Crimson wouldn't even be relevant.

>STUFF THAT HAS HAPPENED/STUFF IS HAPPENING/STUFF THAT WILL HAPPEN
>KING CRIMSON!!!
>STUFF THAT HAS HAPPENED/STUFF THAT WILL HAPPEN

what's the head doctor's stand? teleportation? luck?
it could actually be king crimson and we wouldn't know

why be mad if its so clear that theyre mad? just let them stay mad and realize that what you love doubles as a weapon to spite others

so he activates his ability, and time continues, but in this span of time, Diavolo is incorporeal, can’t attack or be attacked, but experiences this span of time slowly, and can clearly see what everyone is doing, and once the span of time is finished, everyone else will not remember what had happened.
you shoot him? He activated his ability, bullet goes through him, walks away, ability wears of, shooter doesn’t remember what just happened, and probably gets doughnuted.

Personas, at least post-2, are all pretty much general purpose part 3 punch ghosts with maybe an elemental predilection.
Incidentally, early part 3 elemental punch ghosts are the least interesting stands.

Like, sure in a straight fight, Diavolo would fucking demolish the PTs, due to the PTs, while certainly more clever than the P4 crew before them, being nowhere near supernaturally cognizant to even begin piecing together how the fuck even some lesser stands work, on top of being worlds upon worlds more fragile. As someone else pointed out, though, the basis of how the PTs operate would mean that they are really dealing with cognitive Diavolo, who would probably just be a shadowy mob boss or something, and may not even have access to real Diavolo's abilities.

test

Is this a reference to put-back-man in Bohemian Rhapsody?

The problem is tracking and identify Diavolo. If the PT are in the dark and start to investigate, all of them would immediately get donuted by his assassins or bodyguards before even the boss manage to involve himself.

If Stand are treated the same as Persona, then its impossible for Diavolo to have a Palace (because Persona users can't have Palace)

Uh in P3 Chidori is brought back to life with Persona powers. Also please tell me how they're not punch ghosts in P2

Stands are so fucking abstract they can be literally any power

Dirty deeds done dirt cheap?

Attached: Boss_happy.png (631x677, 815K)

As long as the user has the willpower to control their stand.
>Holly's stand
>Cheap trick
>Explorer's stand from golden wind

Literally a lag switch

is this a fuckin dumb bait?

Wrong. wrong. WRONG. You are 100% wrong. Stupid kid. Araki and Kaneko have even held an interview where they talk about stands vs personas and how they actually had nothing to do with eachother and developed independently. Neither SMT nor Jojo had stands or personas to begin with.

dijehtranslations.wordpress.com/2016/08/07/araki-hirohiko-x-kaneko-kazuma-interview-part-i/

Yup

It’s a crop tool for time

>Holly's stand
What? You mean the stand infection? Even if you count it as a deadly stand if you could pass it over, like with White Snake... Actually that sounds like a good idea, just take her AIDS hermit purple and put it on someone and have her die, but I guess just giving someone two stand already kills the guy and Pucci had a bag of discography filled with shit stands to kill with.

The phantom thieves can enter the metaverse which stand users can't do.
If they wanted to, they could totally kill him.

Ghosts >>>>>>>>> personas/stands

Attached: youloveit_ru_shaman_asakura06.jpg (576x757, 78K)

He can see ten seconds ahead and if he sees something he doesn’t like he can choose to remove himself from reality along with the time he’s perceived, leaving only whatever result he’s predicted minus whatever would affect him

Stands are alien shit so they don't work the same.

JoJo faggots and Personashits devouring each other is fine by me so long as they fuck off from everywhere else on the internet

I'm both so I enjoy both types of threads

I kinda forgot about all that. The logistics with the PTs shit and someone like Diavolo are funky as fuck.
I don't know enough about P2 to really say much there and be sure about it. Someone else in the thread has indicated that some have developed more specific, stand-esque powers, so I'm not gonna pretend like I know more about P2 than I do, cause I admittedly couldn't get passed the duology's gameplay.
Chidori's Spring of Life I guess counts as an ability, but again, Medea is still more of a general purpose magic slinger, with a special innate healing ability at most. It's not really treated as the persona's "ability" in the more focused way that Jojo's eventually started doing it. In any case, she's an exception for the most part.

I think the closest thing Personas have to “stand abilities” would be inherent skills like Alice’s Die for Me!

Imagine somebody using a lag switch.

Even that, there's this . Plus with Diavolo being extremely paranoid of getting his identity compromised, I think the PT won't make it far because either Squadra Esecuzioni or Unita Speciale will approach them first.

>So when you look at persona you should be looking out at what else have they stolen from Jojo

If you go by your logic then that means jojo stole everything from fist of the North star(including stands)

Attached: fist of the joestar.jpg (728x1111, 256K)

Is there a videogame character that could defeat DIO? And I'm not talking about...

Generally with these type of things we don't include stuff like their friends or bodyguards because if you go that route you can just say they can equally surprise kill each other with a bullet. PT probably wouldn't even be on his radar, he lived in Italy. Plus they're not stand users nor do they know about stands, so they wouldn't be able to see one and diavolo would treat them like any other civilian.
Baring Ann getting babyface'd, they'd probably leave the PT alone.

What do you think Diavalo’s palace would look like?
I think it would be a weird version of the church he grew up in but it would be covered in fog and divided up the middle. Half of it would be bright and clean and the other half would be dark and more unclear

Honestly, given Diavolo's utterly insane focus on the secrecy of his identity, I'd think his palace would be a vague, twisted mess of bullshit that doesn't really say anything about his past. Keep the duality stuff, maybe have Doppio be a separate area altogether that is still wonky but slightly more defined, but again, completely non-indicative of Diavolo's past.

Persona's were sort of gimped after P2. The obvious example being that everyone could use multiple Persona's back in the day. Another example I would say is the P1 character Eriko who apparently would talk to her Persona and even have it help her do chores around the house. She would also visit the Velvet Room often to talk with Igor about occult stuff (remember when anybody could enter the Velvet Room?) I also look at say Tatsuya's final Persona which has an ability called Nova Kaiser or Nayoya's persona having Heiroglyphan. Persona's back then felt more personal like they where an extension of the person summoning them, this is also why Persona affinity was a thing in P2.

Attached: 1560540402109.jpg (474x474, 33K)

IT JUST WORKS

Attached: 1491150540105.jpg (619x507, 83K)

Kirby?

>repel phys
Now what motherfucker

>ITT: “what do you mean liking Jojo isn’t a personality?”