Vidya Controller tier list

POST YOUR CONTROLLER TIER LIST

tiermaker.com/create/best-video-game-controllers-ever-6552

Attached: controller tierlist.png (936x467, 308K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Wii_games_with_traditional_control_schemes
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Switch and Wii U Pro controller in the same tier as Xbone's despite having digital triggers and a non-functioning D-pad
>Gamecube controller being in A tier despite having one of the worst D pads on any controller ever made and being uncomfortably small only being relevant for Smash
>Putting DS4 that high just to seem impartial while putting it a solid 2 tiers above DS2 and 3 despite being the exact fucking same design
>Wii U pro controller and Joycons above anything
And a bing bing wahoo to you too my good man

Bump gc up, move wiiu down
Otherwise first two tires are perfect and rest don't matter anyway

>using the dpad on a modern controller
f a m

>Putting DS4 that high just to seem impartial while putting it a solid 2 tiers above DS2 and 3 despite being the exact fucking same design
yikes

Are you one of those troglodytes that plays platformers with the analog stick

This is the objective truth. You may not like it but this is what peak performance looks like.

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-06-14 at 11.45.05 PM.png (2560x1154, 1.15M)

>Switch and Wii U Pro controller in the same tier as Xbone's despite having digital triggers and a non-functioning D-pad
MUH ANALOG TRIGGERS
>Gamecube controller being in A tier despite having one of the worst D pads on any controller ever made and being uncomfortably small only being relevant for Smash
Agree with the D-pad issue but overall the controller feels pretty good and the wavebird was the first mainstream wireless controller, because of that flaw is that it's not Stier.
>>Putting DS4 that high just to seem impartial while putting it a solid 2 tiers above DS2 and 3 despite being the exact fucking same design
DS4 is a good controller except for no d-pad.
>Wii U pro controller and Joycons above anything
Wii U pro is kino (only lacks gyro), dual joy-cons too

move nunchuck up one tier, docked joycons down 2, n64 down one.

Very very Nintendronic.
How can PS1 controller be worse than the clusterfuck that N64 had, or the horrible megafat Xbox controller one.

I just don't get why you'd put Genesis controller, Snes controller or all that above PS1 which was more ergonomic.
>hurr square controller good!

Best controllers are probably just Xbone and DS4. That's it, the rest is garbage

How is the PS4 controller any better than the PS1 analogue controller? This list is fucking retarded.

Drop ds4 and joycons to F and E respectively but bump up the wiimote and nunchuck to C

>I don't play fighting games or 2D platformers.

where is pic?

I've still got one of these in my basement

Attached: UltraRacer64.jpg (800x600, 151K)

>How can PS1 controller be worse than the clusterfuck that N64 had, or the horrible megafat Xbox controller one.
Because they weren't made for midgets.

>MUH ANALOG TRIGGERS
Yes that's kind of a big deal and important for an entire genre of games, plus they feel a lot nicer. I don't know why you'd put them in the same tier as a controller that has that feature and is overall more comfortable on top of that. Also Wii U's pro controller having that fucking fingerprint-prone glossy plastic is grounds to move that bitch down to C

Out of the way, peasants.

Attached: controller tier list.png (992x405, 146K)

I use a nes/snes controller like a big boy

Analog triggers are an objective downgrade for everything that isn't racing and select gamecube games intentionally making use of the gimmick like sunshine

Why the HELL would you want your input to not be instant? EVER?

>How can PS1 controller be worse than the clusterfuck that N64 had, or the horrible megafat Xbox controller one.
>I just don't get why you'd put Genesis controller, Snes controller or all that above PS1 which was more ergonomic.
Sticks placement, no d-pad and too square my fellow zoomer friend.

Can someone please explain to me why Dualshocks belong in different tiers? they're all the same basic thing.

You forgot the Elite™ tier.

Attached: elite_controller.png (3000x1800, 1M)

neither the DS4, XBONE or Switch controllers are analog

Because there's a second set of buttons on the controller right next to the triggers that are for things that don't require analog input. Having them both be digital is literally redundant and a downgrade for games that use them.

is it bad i use it for both
i just dont like moving my thumb all the way down, it makes my hands uncomfortable. the only good one on a newer gen console was on the wii u gamepad

Input quality>>>>>>>>>>>>>layout
DS1 and DS2 have shitty sticks.

to clarify, i mean i dont use the d-pad

I see, you never used a PS1 controller. It's ok to be a zoomer with a wealthy family that only played Nintendo. I know your first console was Gamecube probably.

Kill yourself

>Because there's a second set of buttons on the controller right next to the triggers that are for things that don't require analog input
NOTHING except driving benefits from analog input, though?

How many shooters have you seen with shoot on bumper, hmmmmmm retard?

>Can someone please explain to me why Dualshocks belong in different tiers? they're all the same basic thing.
No they aren't. The DS4 is way different in terms of grips and triggers

Have you ever used a DS1? It's ahead of the curve layout can't make up for the horrible, sluggish sticks.

Nintendo 64 controllers have a goofy layout but the analog stick and other inputs are at least responsive.

>How many shooters have you seen with shoot on bumper, hmmmmmm retard?
A lot of them actually. Most of them even give you the option to switch them if there's one preference you prefer. Not that it really matters because it'll register a shot as soon as the trigger is only slightly pressed down. Not that any of this matters because there are no good modern shooters worth playing that don't have a PC version you can play with mouse/keyboard

>NOTHING except driving benefits from analog input, though?
>he doesn't play sunshine

>Not that any of this matters because there are no good modern shooters worth playing that don't have a PC version
>he doesn't play splatoon

Do you realize there is OG PS1 controller and DS1? Original one didn't have sticks and thats the one in the chart

Also stop being a retard, most PS1 games were not made around sticks being a necessity

Gamecube actually has dual-stage like the Steam Controller, not analog.

The wiimote was fucking kino. Worked well when holding it sideways and the wiimote+nunchuck was comfy.

No I don't play splatoon because I'm not 13 years old and/or a pedophile.

the switch pro controller is that good? i bought a dongle for the switch to use the wii u pro controller but it's starting to fuck up and i have money to buy it now

Well then it's lower due to controlling 3D games on a fucking DPAD you tard.

Yeah it's good, but apparently the wii u pro controller is better except for no gyro.

I fixed OPs bad list.

Attached: my-image (1).png (1064x649, 369K)

>he only plays games for social acceptance
Big yikes kiddo

>Switch Pro above the WiiU Pro when it's literally a worse WiiU pro
How to spot a retard in 5 seconds flat

Might as well move the ds4 down there as well xdrone

Imagine having Nintendo live this rent free in your head

t. segautist

The ds4 is the best controller because it's the one fighting game pros use. If you disagree you're wrong.

No, Gamecube's shoulder buttons were analog with a second digital input at the bottom. Go play melee and play around with the shield button. You have complete control over how powerful your shield is because of that. They act as digial when used in Switch/Wii U games because it's usually only trying to emulate what a pro controller would do.

XBONE Elite controller is the best one

What's with all the hate for the wii controller?

Attached: controllertiers.png (995x414, 160K)

People that put the SNES/NES controller above the PSX digital or analog one never actually held one. The PSX controller grips put it miles ahead of the SNES/NES small turds made for children.

>DS4 is a good controller except for no d-pad.
But why 2 tiers above the exact same design minus touchpad and share button gimmick? Touchpad is only ever used as the button the share button replaced.

You just described dual stage, retard.

testing

The grips aren't enough to fix that shit controller.
It's better than the NES but no the SNES
Even tho they have the same button layout they're not the same design, hold a DS3 and DS4 and you'll notice

>muh d-pad

The post I was replying to specifically said it wasn't an analog input. Yes it has two separate parts but the trigger part of the button is analog.

Attached: 1549398022749.png (371x353, 148K)

Sega Saturn controller is my all time favorite controller. D-Pad felt great and it had a lotta buttons. Great for a variety of games.

>muh [valid criticism]
wow i guess it's not an issue anymore because you put muh in front of it. a console with several good 2d platformers like shovel knight, rayman, NSMB and Mario Maker shouldn't be given the luxury of a functioning d pad on its pro controller.

What the fuck are you talking about? GameCube doesn't have triggers

>Valid criticism
Putting Xbox dpads above literally any other controllers isn't "valid criticism" it's retardation.

Sorry, "shoulder buttons" as if you didn't know what I'm talking about. My point still stands, they're analog input. I don't know why you're so angry about a simple fact.

So is putting the N64 controller in the same tier as the PS2/Dreamcast controllers

I'm not angry I'm just confused by your refusal to use correct terminology.

Those are bumpers, and they're dual stage

I've never heard this term ever used because it's a feature that only exists on one controller ever made and saying the way the input is read is not analog is incorrect.

you're an autist theyre both analog buttons and triggers

Is there any Xbox controller with DS4 layout? The only thing I can find is picrel, but are there any opions another way around? Dualshock for me is great for any arcade racer or air combat games, but connecting DS3 to windows pc is a nightmare since motioninjoy went offline.

Attached: 2plvtww3ju021.jpg (920x512, 50K)

Want to go ahead and tell me what's actually wrong with the N64 controller? It's got a good stick, is one of the only 3d controllers with 6 face buttons, its comfortable in the hand and the z-trigger was ahead of its time, were only just starting to reimplement back buttons now. It was also the first multipurpose 2D+3D home controller.

Does it literally come down to "muh 3 handles"? There isn't a single game that asks you to change what grips your holding onto while playing.
It's odd, certainly. But it objectively doesn't impede using the thing.

On top of the retarded design that I'm not even going to read your justification for, the stick is shit and prone to becoming loose/snapping off, especially if you play games like Mario Party that put a lot of wear on it.

I love the handling of the Switch Pro, but it can't be this high with a literally deffective dpad.

Based
Wii Us stick layout is ass.

Who the fuck calls analog triggers "bumpers"?

Attached: GCController_Layout.svg.png (1920x929, 207K)

So you CANT actually name any times the multiple grips are an inconvenience, huh?

I agree with you, its only problem is the d-pad layout which made it useless, but it was a GREAT controller for early 3D games, way better than Saturn and more ergonomic than the DS

>Stick layout
>Mattering
Absolutely based retard

Stick punishment simulator aka Mario Party 1 would have done that to any controller

Mine have endured two decades of Smash and Mario Kart and still work fine

It's not an inconvenience it's just not a good design. And yes, having 3 grips and not being able to access all of your buttons at the same time is terrible design.

But I'm far more upset that I had to get stick replacements for 3 of my 5 N64 controllers over the course of the 8 or so years I played it because they became loose over time. I've played way more Melee and Brawl than I ever did N64 games and I've never had a single problem with those controllers having loose sticks.

>Saturn in B
>Switch in S
Shit list, didn't even bother looking at the rest

Attached: 1894984895419.png (502x592, 372K)

>There isn't a single game that asks you to change what grips your holding onto while playing.
Turok. L, Z, and R all have separate and unique functions. Same for the D-pad, Stick, and C-buttons.

>And yes, having 3 grips and not being able to access all of your buttons at the same time is terrible design.
You have access to 8 buttons at once between A B, C buttons the right trigger, and either the left trigger or the Z button depending on what grip you're holding. Which is more inputs than the DS1 or Saturn 3D pad.

Right here.

Attached: file.png (739x366, 167K)

Except for that dualshock on A tier, it´s a good list Al

>Use n64 controller for one session of Mario party
>Control stick flops all over the place

>Implying a dualshock or any other Vidya controller would fare any better at Mario Party 1

Moving your finger off of a stick to hit B or A would be the same regardless of the number of grips. It's like shifting your finger off of A to hit + or - on a Wiimote.

>Using two controllers at once to play the game properly
DS1 wouldn't have had that problem plain and simple. One analog stick and three grips was a mistake.

Attached: file.png (385x302, 75K)

Attached: Screenshot_20190628_201952.jpg (751x1197, 225K)

>Saturn and Wii U not in SSS tier for every list
This is an insult to life itself.

Attached: 406.jpg (604x453, 59K)

And yet most of the PS1 library doesn't make good use of having two sticks anyway

>play the game properly
Analog movement in FPS is overrated. You only need Sprint, Normal, and Slow / Crouch speeds.

How did I do lads

Attached: controllers.png (1145x873, 635K)

Switch and WiiU Pro Controllers are the best all-rounders. GameCube the definitive Smash and Fighting game controller and Xbone the clear best for anything racing or needing analogue triggers.
Snoy Controllers are all garbage which can't hold a charge except for the DS4 which is a little better.

Attached: Download.png (1216x468, 172K)

XBone needs to go down strictly because of rampant stick drift. I love the thing, but both sticks started fucking up only months after I got it. My personal favorite is the Switch Pro, I just wish it had analog triggers, but it hasn't been an issue. Second would be 360, whose only flaw is the D pad.

you done gon and fucked up

Why does everyone shit on this controller? It's fucking comfy. Just because you've never held one doesn't mean you have to dismiss it.

Attached: Virtual-Boy-Controller.jpg (3120x2640, 1.92M)

>Saturn 3D Pad at rock bottom, below the SMS controller
You never used one. It looks really weird from a glance but you hold it fine and the stick/triggers are surprisingly nice. I use it for analog games too from time to time since the face buttons are all uniform unlike those on the regular Saturn controllers.

Wii U stick layout was just fine. Hell it was almost preferred for smash cause you could immediately full hop upair just by tapping x and flicking upwards, and smash 4 upairs were really damn important for like half the cast

Looks like a dildo

If you're just trying to use your DS3 on pc, just look up the mayflash magic-ns adapter.
The adapter is seen as a native XInput (or DInput) controller and works with pretty much any modern wireless controller. There's no software involved, just pair the controller with the adapter.

>herp derp looks bad

Attached: 1548987556137.jpg (1080x540, 80K)

>connecting DS3 to windows pc is a nightmare since motioninjoy went offline
I've been using SCP for a long time without any troubles.

Objective fact coming through

Attached: patrishrank.png (936x649, 362K)

I don't mind using the N64 controller at all if the control sticks are fixed/lubricated.(which is the real fatal flaw)
What I am surprised about however is how highly people rate the Dreamcast controller, one of the most loathsome on any mainstream platform.
>uncomfortable small stick
>hard plastic Dpad that digs into your thumb
>crappy, mushy face buttons
>cable comes out bottom side
It's literally just a flat out worse version of the Saturn 3D pad.

>DS on top
No

>non-functioning D-pad
It works fine for me.

>CD-I and SMS controllers above Saturn, AES, TG-16 etc.
Just stop including controllers you haven't used.

Hmm, today I will make a tier list

Attached: index.png (981x467, 280K)

1000% agree with this poster

Attached: 1558760637923.png (1064x647, 438K)

Found the sonyg.ger
Took you long enough t b h

It’s fun

Got held up in traffic

Somehow I find this thing more comfortable than most of the dualshocks

Attached: 71Z-JFre8DL._AC_.jpg (2528x1756, 139K)

>Virtual Boy with it's button triggers and dual dpads isn't S tier

Attached: 1561616102966m.jpg (1024x579, 96K)

Because dualshocks are lowkey garbage

Don't have anything to say about the rest but DS2/3 used to be my favorite controllers until I got a PS4 and realized just how small and non-ergonomic they are. The DS4 is larger and fits an adult's hands so much better.

This one always interested me but all of the games that accepted it also accepted Gamecube controllers, right?

Not all of them but some do. I know Xenoblade works with the classic controller but not the GameCube controller at least.

Just including the ones I've used for more than 5 minutes.

No, there are many Wii games that supported the Classic controllers but not the GC one. Also, the CC can move the cursor on the Wii's main menu but the GC controller cannot, which always pissed me off when playing Smash.

Attached: my-image(3).png (1064x558, 240K)

I'm counting 96 games here that accept the Classic Controller, but not the GC controller.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Wii_games_with_traditional_control_schemes

Because it is more comfortable than the Dualshocks
It has the same button layout but more ergonomic, octagonal gates and a proper d-pad

Put the 360 and GCN controller 1 tier above
GCN has the best grips and comfy triggers of all

>good: joycons

Attached: 1560535560777.png (300x300, 125K)

I think it gets the job done when using it in portable mode. The ones in "alright" tier are there because of ergonomics, durability(N64) or waggle.

>Saturn 3D Controller in D
>Dreamcast in B
IF YOU HAVEN'T USED THE CONTROLLER DO NOT RATE IT RETARD YOU FUCKING WASTE OF OXYGEN KILL YOURSELF

Attached: 1561716542841.jpg (933x544, 100K)

>The Duke that low

lmao OP is a manlet

For anyone intending to use an N64 controller:
>replace these parts if you have a limp stick(stick itself usually not necessary)
>lubricate the bowl and gears with some lithium grease, which Nintendo should have done themselves
Controller will now last for years. DO NOT replace the entire thing with a 3rd party stick, it will make the stick less responsive to subtle movement, which the N64 stick was better at than many modern controllers despite it's flaws.

Attached: n64-controller-joystick-components.jpg (720x540, 104K)

didn't bother ranking the ones I've never used

Attached: Screenshot from 2019-06-28 13-57-20.png (672x412, 168K)

Can nin-toddlers please stop ranking the gc controller so high you are delusional as fuck if you think that thing is good

Of what I've used in my life, this is how it goes and yes SNES was the oldest console I owned

Attached: chrome_2019-06-28_15-00-50.png (675x414, 130K)

I've got a question guys. I recently ordered a wii classic pro controller and thought it would use a standard usb, but it uses some proprietary shit that's supposed to plug into a wiimote. Are there any good adapters?

Attached: 1438463252137.webm (540x360, 137K)

Attached: my-image.png (1007x467, 278K)

The wiiu screen controller is surprisingly comfy

Attached: 1537504069153.jpg (643x421, 43K)

This is really pretty good. Though I'd say the N64 base controller deserves to move up. It looks stupid but it was super comfy and really well designed. There were like 4 ways you could hold it so games could choose to use the controller in ways you wouldn't expect. It was really comfy in your hands, too.

All Playstation controllers are shit in my opinion. I don't know how you guys put up with those things.

>PSX controller that high
Seriously why

Attached: controllers.png (1064x651, 368K)

fits my hands i guess

>WiiU pro better than Switch Pro
stop it user, you're embarrassing yourself

But it is. Wii U Pro controller has a functioning d-pad, the Switch Pro doesn't.

the switch pros thumbsticks are the most precise i've ever used
It gets S tier just for that

>Better dpad and DOUBLE the battery life for 30 less
lmoa the Switch Pro is garbo

Doesn't matter if the sticks give you a blowjob. If a controller has a shit d-pad, it's a shit controller.

They're nothing special, and other parts of the controller are notably bad.
It's on the shitlist

SCP works for a bit then breaks unexpectedly, glad Ryochan's DS4Windows doesn't have that problem. Fireshock for DS3 might be promising but there hasn't been an update in a long time.

>there are people who actually believe this
just get an arcade stick to play your shumps already

Huh, I don't remember those having grips

Attached: 30f18fb6-7e65-4904-b2be-6d848960ec59_1.0ffcd2b4985a1b21d8be4aecc0ecc218.jpg (450x450, 13K)

the Wiiu pro does have a better dpad, but to say the Switch pros dpad isn't decent is a big stretch. Switch pro has a better stick layout giving it the edge

Try playing Puyo Puyo Tetris, Tetris 99, or any 2D platformer with the Switch Pro controller. You can't because the d-pad is garbage.

I played Tetris 99 with the Smash ed.

Later revisions have a better d-pad.
I think those made these year

sorry libtards, objective truth here

Attached: objective controller tier list.png (1130x424, 153K)

>Later revisions have a better d-pad.
Wow, congrats. It took Nintendo two years to make a controller that isn't defective when it shouldn't have been defective in the first place.

one year actually, people said it was repaired in XB2 time. also if you can unscrew the back you can literally fix the dpad by adding foam iirc

What's a good PC compatible one? I trusted the Amazon highest rated one and it was trash.

You forgot to include the CDI wireless controller

Attached: s-l300.jpg (300x243, 9K)

Fuck off, zoomer.
Sega Saturn is god tier an anyone who claims otherwise is literally redit.

Every company does this, retard

This is the only controller that I need.

Attached: 1539635597349.png (1500x1125, 1.43M)

>move wii u down
>80 hour battery life
>great d pad
>fantastic feeling sticks
the only downside is the triggers not being analog
but those are really only used for racing games and you're better off using a wheel anyways

anyone that puts the switch pro over the wii u pro hasn't used either of them
switch is just a worse wii u pro the only benefit being the stick orientation and being non gloss
everything else is worse, triggers, buttons, dpad, sticks, bumpers, literally everything

Attached: 1519152585069.png (512x724, 367K)

The classic didn't
the classic pro did

If it had gyro, it would’ve been the best controller of the gen

Is the XB1 controller really better than the XB360 controller?

I thought that shift key said maybe.

I was just about to ask this, because I disagree 100%. The d-pad and bumpers are hot garbage.

Fpbp

SSJBlanco tier

Attached: 41PHQECP4HL.jpg (500x333, 26K)

Imagine actually being this fucking daft
Kys you complete brainlet

>duke
>C
Duke is S

>Duke that low

Handlets on deck

Symmetrical sticks are a downside
Should be in A

>Glossy design thats a dust magnet
>Worse Buttons
>Worse Battery
>Terribad Stick layout
Should I go one or do you look stupid enough already?

Native Compatibility with PC, better grips, better dpad Later Revisions with the 360 at least

>"I have never played anything before analog sticks became mainstream"
Stop talking shit out your ass about controllers you've never used newfag.

>had and Xbox One controller for action/3D platformers for my PC
>buy a Xbox Elite controller just to use for a bit then return it for shits and giggles
>start to play the new DMC
>mfw it's the most perfect controller ever made
I don't even own an Xbox One but holy fucking shit it's incredible.
Night and day difference.
Other than the majority of the shitty side attachments there that just seem pointless, just using the normal Xbox controller set up it has such an incredible feel to it.
Never thought I'd say a 100 dollar controller would be such a good buy

Attached: NXt0JRo.gif (540x304, 1.39M)

Attached: my-image.png (1064x649, 368K)

why does no one like the steam controller

I never used it but the button placement seems retarded.

because it's stinky

Wii U tard button placement.