I read that the remastered version keeps crashing...

I read that the remastered version keeps crashing? If so there's no need for me to purchase the whole bundled collection. Should I just buy the original one?

Attached: steam sale bioshock.png (1010x200, 280K)

Other urls found in this thread:

store.steampowered.com/app/7670/BioShock/
store.steampowered.com/app/409710/BioShock_Remastered/
pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/BioShock_Remastered
pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/BioShock
twitter.com/ultrabrilliant/status/776731080242106368
github.com/TurtleHx/Bioshock-Physics-Unlocker/releases
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

i bought the remastered version and it gave me both the old and new version in my steam library.

buy the remastered and if it keeps crashing just migrate to the normal

Attached: bioshock.jpg (1920x2152, 948K)

its a shoddy remaster
just get the original and apply the mouse acceleration fix

Remastered is better than the original. Holy shit that original port is bad

If you really want to try it out buy it on GOG, it's gonna include also the classic version (not sure if it's already out though)

>Should I just buy the original one?
The Steam page for the original BioShock only has an "Add To Cart" button for BioShock Remastered.

store.steampowered.com/app/7670/BioShock/
store.steampowered.com/app/409710/BioShock_Remastered/

But when you buy BioShock Remastered, I think you probably get the original game too. You should definitely try to verify that, instead of taking my word for it, but I owned the original BioShock and they gave me BioShock Remastered for free. Given that only one version can be purchased now, I think both versions of the game are considered to be one product as far as the publisher is concerned, so you'll probably get both if you buy it.

As for bugs, I did see the remastered version crash a few times. The same applies to BioShock 2 Remastered. Also, one or both games had broken achievements at one point. (Any achievement that required accumulating something over multiple levels was broken, presumably because stats were being reset between levels, so I had to cheat to get the audio diary achievement.) They might have patched the bugs out, though.

Remaster comes with the original

>when you buy BioShock Remastered, I think you probably get the original game too.
Confirmed. It says it on the Steam store page.

So, OP, don't worry about choosing one. If you buy the game, you'll have both versions.

Attached: Untitled.png (674x609, 67K)

you're like babies
pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/BioShock_Remastered
pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/BioShock

i got every achievement for bioshock 1+2 remastered
just play the normal version which comes with the remasters, the new difficulty for bio1 isn't even that hard and It took me like 30 mins of looking for fixes to get though the game
bio2 took easily 2 hours of looking for fixes

Attached: bio1.png (504x473, 301K)

Alright, thanks lads. My bad for not reading further. I'm considering just buying the whole package if they all come with the original.

>i got every achievement for bioshock 1+2 remastered
So the achievements were fixed when you played them? One of the games (I can't remember which one) had some broken achievements when I played it (see ).

Don't forget the physics fps unlocked too

The original might not run perfectly on modern operating systems either. Just something to be aware of. The remastered version crashed a few times for me, but I think the original crashed a couple of times as well.

I'm not sure what the point of the remasters was, in any case. I didn't notice any real difference in graphics. I guess it was just another "let's port this console re-release to PC" situation.

though water shaders are slightly worse in remaster
twitter.com/ultrabrilliant/status/776731080242106368

+there is a physics fps unlocker for the original
github.com/TurtleHx/Bioshock-Physics-Unlocker/releases

the original one lacks the highest difficulty setting so that makes Remastered superior
but avoid Bioshock 2 Remaster, it has a lot of cut content

so this is the power of the PLAYSTATION 4

Just buy the GOG version or get a standalone version of the classic edition on Humble. Both are DRM free.

>crash
The state of PC gaming. Played through this on PS4 without a single hiccup.

It's not "tHe sTaTe oF pC GaMiNg", it's the state of the development studio which didn't take the time to work out all of the bugs when porting a console remaster back over to PC. The fact that BioShock Remastered crashed a lot is a big deal because most PC games don't.

at least i can still play Tron 2.0 and AVP 2, multiplayer included. Good luck with trying to launch Resistance 1 or 3, let alone have multiplayer session