I don't get what's supposed to be impressive about this? He just blocked a super move and attacked with his own...

I don't get what's supposed to be impressive about this? He just blocked a super move and attacked with his own? Way more exciting stuff happens in every other match of Quake. Feast your eyes, fg fags.
youtube.com/watch?v=XdkDjsBiO58

Attached: 1547009716470.png (1280x720, 1.17M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=NLMerSPVLa8
youtube.com/watch?v=a-lbS7-odJ4
youtube.com/watch?v=-lDHTRmHm-U
youtube.com/watch?v=ZRY0aMbSZEM
youtube.com/watch?v=X6UoJCXjqK0
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

He didn't block it, he parried it

>He just blocked a super

Can you at least PRETEND you know what you're talking about?

Each hit of her super isn't blocked, but parried. He has to completely negate the damage, or chip damage would kill him. The mechanical skill, and technical knowledge in concert with his own reflexive skill are what make this impressive.

Yeah user, nothing to see here. Don't waste your superior intellect with thid brainlet genre.

Not sure if bait, or you don't know he had to press forward for each hit.

3S comeback videos are really the best.

youtube.com/watch?v=NLMerSPVLa8

He parried every hit of the super which apparently requires a lot of timing but it's not like most people who get hyped over that really can appreciate that as most of them probably haven't tried seriously doing it themselves. So basically it's just people being impressed by it after being told it's impressive.

Shit was only impressive cause yanks fucking suck at the game compared to the nips.

since just look at that to this fucking day.With that chun super shit was common as all fuck to parry in japan and shit is only hyped up cause again nippon playing that game were way more skilled than the shit skilled yanks.

Don't forget the tournament setting and pressure during in which he's doing it. I also remember an interview where Jwong said he was making loud noises next to him to try and get him to mess up.

Parrying also have him just enough meter to punish with super too.

He parried into a superart-combo you Philistine.

>Blocked
Hahahahahaha welcome to fighting games dude.
Why did fighting games remove skill features like parries?

>Not sure if bait
You must be joking, it's Friday, the week's over. You know it's shitposting high tide.

I know this is a troll thread by an FGC retard, but genuinely speaking, high-level Quake regularly has much more insane stuff than a super getting parried.

youtube.com/watch?v=a-lbS7-odJ4

>Zooomers

Are you ALL newfaggots? How am I the only person who could tell the OP is a obvious as fuck troll?

I'll explain without giving OP the (You) his poor gaping asshole wants. In sf3, you can block by holding back or parry by tapping forward right when the attack hits you. Daigo had literally 1 HP left, and all supers and special moves deal chip damage, meaning they'll still hurt you a little bit if you block it, parrying an attack will make it deal no damage. In order to not die in this situation, he had to parry every hit instead. This is difficult because the individual hits of Chun Li's super are unreactable, you have to know the attack pattern to parry everything. And Daigo was able to do all of that, then counter with his own punish into super to take the game.

3S is my favorite game of all time. I’m no OG, and I don’t think I’ll ever be as good as some others, but...
>The art
>The sprites
>The music
>The rugged aesthetic of it all
>The real feeling of a fair fight
>The idea of actually training to get better
This is the most kino fighting game, and imo the most kino GAME.

Could you please write like a human being instead of like a chimpanzee? Thank you.

Most people here are redditors and reseterafags now

Fucking cringe.

Attached: 1557452794966.png (700x700, 48K)

Yeah people would do that. Shake cabs, mash buttons and basically spaz to try and fuck up your parries. It was gay shit.

I just wish they didn't nerf Sean from 2nd Impact.

But then...
youtube.com/watch?v=-lDHTRmHm-U
Hahaha

t. ekken player

Don't be a fag, OP.

Op literally posted Quake garbage as a proper display of competitive skill, against one of the hypest SF moments. There is no way people weren't going to come explain. I love Quake, but competition in that playstyle is boring as shit, and probably why the genre died.

>final round of grand finals in championship
>only had 1 hit left
>if he gets hit, loses. if he blocks he loses.
>pulls an incredibly risky hail mary and baits out a super, knowing his opponent will likely attempt to shave off that win
>despite tension and nerves in the situation, perfectly parries each attack of the super and counters with his own jump-in super cancel
>wins grand finals

yeah, nothing impressive there.

3s sucks and killed fighting games

>FGC before
>someone parried an entire combo with a chip away from being KO and turned the tables for a victory
>FGC now
>im gay, black, and furry. basically everything a conservative hates xD

Attached: bait.png (625x626, 66K)

But that's only Netherrealm garbage.

bros, why can't we just sit and play some vidya together instead of shitting each other and talking about gay-black-furries anymore?

Attached: 1561378992868.jpg (1024x576, 51K)

he perfectly timed and countered one of the strongest supers in the game, via parrying which has a one frame perfect window. Not only that, this was only the second time he did this, and the first time anyone saw a perfect parry in public.

Since he's a troll he'll probably reply with cringe or something

Sonicfaggot is irrelevant after a month. You have exceptions like DBFZ but he doesnt even play that game anymore. Its the same thing with Soul Calibur.

he moved to safe space kombat 11

0/10

Because parries are dumb.

New SamSho has 2 types of parry and 2 types of blocks.

Attached: 234235.jpg (355x265, 29K)

>he pushed forward a few times

Attached: MRW.png (600x450, 9K)

They are very different things though.
Parries for any hit have to be performed within 1/10 of a second of the hit to be accurate, and have to be performed with a forward(?) movement that cancels out the attacks.
HOWEVER, because of the innate input delay, it's basically impossible to do parries as reactions to what you see. In other words, they have to be done as predictions to what's about to happen because the input delay for your parry-action from the controller to the system is long enough that the window to parry will be gone if it's done by the time you actually see the hit.
So Daigo's parry is done entirely by his prediction of what Wong will do, and it's done with a full knowledge of the hit-windows and hit boxes of that particular super.
It demonstrates not only a perfect knowledge of the game's frame and hitbox data but also a superb instinct for the actions of his opponent

That's also the magic of the game. There a legends of beasts lurking Japanese arcades that would make daigo seem like the manlet from high score girl.

>he pressed his keyboard and mouse a few times
when you boil video games down to the actions themselves, they're not that impressive.
It's the context of the decision making process that goes into those actions that's impressive

zoomy zoomy zoom

Yes, you are ubermensch

the risk is the parry window is pretty short, and pressing forward means you're not pressing back, so if you miss the window for the parry, you're not going to magically guard the attack -- aka if you miss the parry, you're gonna eat shit 100% of the time.

and as mentioned here , the window is short enough and the overall input delay is long enough that you essentially have to predict your opponent's next move to parry something, you can't do it in reaction to seeing the move first

>worst bait ever
>people fall for it

Just another day at Yea Forums

sure. i agree. still doesn't detract from it's utility though. third strike was the most balanced any street fighter game has ever been. sf4 and sf5 were complete fucking shitshows from their retarded game design. sf4 didn't become any good until like ultra which was when it was on its way out the door anyway. sf5 will probably never be any good.

I rather enjoyed DOA before itagaki left team ninja. there,even the fastest attacks were only ~9 frames, so with some adrenaline pumping you really could read the animation and react on-sight to counter your opponent's attacks with a Hold.

>3rd strike is the most balanced SF ever
Unblockable setups? Yun's Genei Jin? Chun-Li?
How is this the most balanced SF game?
>reacting to 9f moves
Literally impossible to do

Street Fighter needs an actual street fighting mode, fg fags will never know the feel of running into Rapha in a ffa server and having him mow everyone down like the Terminator.

Literally everything you have said in this post is wrong.

git gud whitey

9 frames is like 150 milliseconds. it's doable. thats just the fastest of the doa moves anyway, most are 10~12 with many over 20. Street Fighter is like, most moves are 3-5 frames. a slow move in street fighter is 9 frames. without parries to offer anyone any reaction time, SF devolves into retarded flowcharts based around scenarios of probability. if your opponent is outside throwing distance, do this. if your opponent has a ranged attack, do that. requires an extreme amount of autism in learning every single character's viable options from anywhere on the screen to win successively. SF5 is even worse cause that game doesn't even seem to actually have core fundamentals beyond trying to stuff your opponent with a counter hit. every character is so damn unique in that game, by intention, that it literally just seems like a fucking broken piece of untested crap -- and if you haven't figured out all the characters secret little unwritten quirks in how they're specifically different, then you're gonna lose a lot.

i'll take geneijin and chun-li over any other street fighter. I didn't say SF3 was perfectly or even well balanced, just that it was the /most/ balanced of any street fighter. These sf games are mostly just fucking cancer.

He's just jumping and shooting. What's so exciting about that?

it's not doable, especially NOT in the heat of an actual match.
If that was true then mixups in games like Tekken would literally be no mixups, because you could block them on reaction.
Why do you see all those top players getting hellsweeped by Devil Jin? A move that is 16 frames fast? You think those Koreans that do nothing but play Tekken all day CAN'T block a 16f move on reaction, but you can hold a 9f move on reaction in DOA?
I don't think so, user.
Because it's impossible to react to that

Attached: 250px-Fghhd_(2).png (250x265, 99K)

>He's just jumping and shooting. What's so exciting about that?

Attached: 1543481326267.png (644x500, 87K)

Most SF games are broken as fuck (dosn't mean they're not fun, but it is what it is). 3rd strike is WAY more balanced then SSF2T or most versions of IV.

tekken is 90% jiggling around like a retard and making the game look glitchy and yeah, if tekken players spent more time actually reading their opponents rather than jigglefucking around, they probably would react faster.

or maybe tekken players are fucking retarded, i don't know. only tekken i played was 6 and i really liked it, but apparently the "tekken community" absolutely hated the bound mechanic, even though tekken without bound is fucking dumb boring retarded shit.

Stop using an avatar, this isn't faceberg

You have no fucking idea of how a fighting game works and you act like an expert. You're a textbook example of Dunning–Krugereffect.

it was the fact that he parried the whole super when he didn't have to. the air parry sold it, imo.

3S is one of the least balanced games in the series. Pretty much any version of 4 and 5 has better balance than 3S.

looks like i struck a tender nerve, you stupid projecting faggot.

Attached: WUn17ir.png (545x480, 388K)

A thing many people don't know about Evo Moment 37 is that Chun-Li's super is a 2 frame super. Meaning that Daigo either
>hit a 1 frame link on the first parry
or
>predicted Justin's super and began parrying a few frames before the super flash, which is why he was walking backwards and forwards while Justin buffered the input

Attached: daigo2.png (1920x1080, 1.88M)

No, and 7 has a system called "screw", look it up before talking about something you obviously have no clue about.

Thanks.

Attached: 1555538158740.png (345x246, 108K)

Yeah, retarded people that think they know what they are talking about are my weakness. I just can't stand them.

There is no such thing as a 1 frame reaction time, about the lowest a human can react is 100ms.

>9 frames is like 150 milliseconds. it's doable
Yeah if input lag didn't exist.

Even on a game like 3rd strike when you add up all the input/tv/controller lag you've got like 6 frames to react to a 9f move, not possible.

street fighter 2 is guile.
street fighter 3 is: here's a few really good characters, but parrying is the great equalizer so if you can do that shit well then whatever, you can even make sean or q into winners.
street fighter 4 is "what if parries were harder to do, not quite as safe, and also combos weren't as useful? also og SF2 characters!!!!!!!!!".
street fighter 5 is the same shit as street fighter 4 except without focus, but also the game was generally made more retarded and convoluted for no real reason and karin wins everything consistently.

Yeah no shit, it's wasn't a one frame reaction because he gets to watch the super flash. It's just incredibly tight timing akin to hitting 1 frame combo link.

the super flash lasts like 50 frames man. there might only be a 2 frame window to press forward but he had like a whole second to prepare for the moment the action started to move.

Fighting games are the pinnacle of 2D competitive gaming, FPS games are the pinnacle of 3D competitive gaming.

Dude just fucking stop, you have no idea of what you are talking about. What the fuck is wrong with people like you, are you so unaware of yourself? You literally could have googled "sf2 tier list" before making this post so at least you didn't get objective facts wrong. Just stop embarrassing yourself.

>two people reply with the same shit
i don't know what in my post implied I didn't know that. doesn't stop it from being a small window that's really hard to hit

Attached: 1485724529142.png (231x261, 83K)

>street fighter 2 is guile
>street fighter 4 is "what if parries were harder to do, not quite as safe, and also combos weren't as useful?
what the fuck are you smoking

Attached: 1535312590524.gif (240x232, 1.58M)

FPS are only competitive on consoles, kinda like fighting games.

when you got tards with their 4k+ 120fps monitors, they obviously have a huge advantage over people with lower resolutions or framerates.

spotting someone in a shooting game at max distance on PC between 720p and 4k is the distance difference of like 800 feet. and who fuckin knows what weird graphics settings and hacks people are using on pc.

Attached: 1504082576117.png (645x729, 50K)

i'm smoking the truth.

Attached: 104.jpg (250x229, 8K)

imagine if Jwong punched him in the face really hard.

you can see justin mashing his stick like a retard while daigo is doing it

>the "crowd shouting" in the video is actually just jwong yelling really loud

you don't get what's impressive about a guy with no life avoiding a loss by chip out to win the match and take first place in grand finals?

That video is pure meditation it's so beautiful.

This is insane

the "tech" involved here just seems to be get a kill then keep the ball rolling by preemptively shooting explosives at the powerup and weapon spawn locations.

Attached: 1455565645708s.jpg (125x120, 3K)

>Daigo had his 3rd strike moment
>Daigo had his SF4 moment
Will the SFV moment ever come? Does the game allow for it?

youtube.com/watch?v=ZRY0aMbSZEM

Attached: Daigo.webm (640x360, 2.79M)

If people love Daigo so much, why don't they love Darkstalkers?

Wow, that sounds really easy. Could you make a video demonstrating it for us real quick?

I agree with you.
I was adding to what you were saying to explain why the moment was so impressive

>You have exceptions like DBFZ
Fox get's shit on in DBFZ now. The japs caught up and overtook in less than a year

It does but it will be the use of a V Trigger in some extreme scenario.
The big issue is that the V Trigger is limited as is so I imagine it would be something like using G and getting in some absurd ground-to-air-to-ground combo

Cause Capcom refuses to make it and are having enough trouble pushing their biggest fighter.

Quake if one of the few non-fighting games I enjoy watching

People will make fun of you for this but it's a completely accurate description of CPMA, the shit mod for brainlets who took so much adderal that they can't count to 25 anymore.

sure here you go senpai
youtube.com/watch?v=X6UoJCXjqK0

Attached: 1544963953244.webm (1920x1080, 2.33M)

Their situation might force them by Sony to censor Morrigan and co.

Kek

parried all. its pretty difficult. also you need to input the first parry command before the SA attack starts. otherwise you cant parry them. so he already waited for it. the first input timing is pretty damn hard in this situation.

fps is trash when it comes to "god like play". its fucking shit as a show. its literally like you see boring marathon and shootings in olympic irl. get over it.

Right now I don't think anyone is really capable of capturing the visuals. Even ArcSys, their games have a very particular look and the animation quality just isn't there. Plus Capcom always like to try a big change up with new entries for all we know it would be DS in name only. Maybe it is best that it stays dead, Ono was the only one to ever fight for it so the series will likely stay that way.

I agree.

That should be the very least of your worries. Especially given all the SF5 costumes.

God, Jwong is such a cunt. I'm always rooting for him to loose in every tournament.

Daigo would parry and counter

seems like his opponent is a complete noob. dying by machinegun while missing all those rockets...

His opponent is the POV in many of the matches

It's the same 3-4 people playing against each other