After 9 years of development hell, there is no way this game going to be as awesome as they hype it up to be

After 9 years of development hell, there is no way this game going to be as awesome as they hype it up to be.

Attached: 1529856729992.png (768x512, 740K)

If anyone can do it, CDPR can

3 years* of standard development

all witchers had development hells

So I'm not the only one who has a bad feeling

I think they should drop that silly "mohawk haircut" meme if they are also not using "always dark" meme along with it.

Do a really original take on Cyberpunk or don't do it at all

The hardest steel is forged from the hottest fire

Punk was a fashion style in the 80s, you know

>Do a really original take on Cyberpunk or don't do it at all
Given how many people whine and complain that it doesn't look "Cyberpunk" I'd say it is original.

Why would the people start reusing the fashion from the 80's in 2077? Why not wear fedoras and look like the fashion from 20's? Why not reuse 90's fashion with bandanas and leather jackets?

Mohawks really don't look good on cybernetic futuristic setting. Probably because most of the population will be bald in the next 60 years.

1. Dystopian tech future stories really took off in the 80s. Especially in hollywood. So there's an 80s vibe that has gotten wrapped up in the mythos
2. have sex

Sunfags are delusional indeed

>9 years of development hell
Are you retarded? They only started properly working on it after finishing up W3 dlcs.

lol, nope

How ironic

Can we finally stop pretending Witcher is good when Cyberpunk fails?

No they can't, stop glorifying these lying hacks.

Attached: 1561367610591.jpg (3311x1709, 1.53M)

Well they didn't, its not even a fucking rpg anymore.

they can downgrade it all they want and it will still win GOTY.

The transgender thing is fake news but I can't defend the rest of the game.

Is there actually any article that says you'd be playing as every class? I don't recall seeing any.

It's been in development only since 2016. There's no such thing as pre-production hell.

Is this game going to be the biggest shitstorm ever?

They announced it far too early and allowed peoples expectations to skyrocket, thinking it would be a 1:1 adaption of a tabletop in terms of being a rpg.

The only good thing to come out of it was the 2 minute teaser from 2013.

Attached: Cyberpunk 2077 Teaser Trailer.mp4_snapshot_01.30_[2018.09.23_11.42.33].jpg (1280x534, 143K)

At first it was their overambitious plan to make it 1:1 adaptation, if you check early interviews they really wanted to put everything from tabletop in it.

This.

The game look like an absolutely bloated piece of shit. I don't get the hype behind it and I hope it fails.

It looks like from completely different game now, has nothing to do with current Cyberpunk2077.

>transgender character options
couldn't you do the same in the saints row games? not really a big thing

I imagine it was only in pre production till sometime after the Witcher 3 released. I recall a article for Fallout 4 saying they started work on it pretty shortly after 3, just it was mostly pre production shit and development only really started after Skyrim. I'd imagine the same happened with cyberpunk and witcher.

>another Hollywoodshit
yawn

dilate

>sunnytranny is at it again
Yikes

Attached: 1529325684306.png (979x2284, 1.2M)

>Cyberpunk game
>options for transgender people
Well, no shit. I'm starting to believe neither you /pol/tards nor the twitter/discord trannies have any idea of what Cyberpunk is

Does anyone unrionically responding to cdpr haters think they're being genuine with their criticism?

Then they were retards, because that was never going to happen unless they wanted the game out by fucking 2077.

Ah, at last, the "I'm disapointed that my fever dream never got to be a videogame" poster arrived
can you please fuck-off ? None of the promises listed on the left side are broken as of now

Attached: 1544526707053.png (476x246, 168K)

>has nothing to do with bladerunner
FTFY, 2077 and 2020 are trannypunk.

fucking this, whole game is a big AAA gta clone with ''''''''''''cyberpunk cutscnenes''''''''''' and has nothing to do with rpg
I might as well just play hard reset and pretend I'm RPing as an ex cop holy shit

Attached: cvbcvbvc.jpg (1700x1000, 1.16M)

You can start as a corpo or nomad, though. You even get specific quests for starting as them.

Go dilate

You're a retard zoomer and never experienced the 80's. Your opinion amounts to jack shit, kiddo

Why did I move here? I guess it was the weather.

Attached: 1529882072208.png (1280x576, 1.13M)

I'm still not even sure what part of the game looks good to the marketers. What am I actually supposed to like? All I'm seeing is shit I hate. CDPR have continued to disappoint. They always talk highly about their philosophy but they always fail.

Attached: borderlands 3.png (1200x673, 1009K)

Nigga ever since the e3 trailer there's been constant threats arguing about what makes something cyberpunk, aesthetics or "high tech, low life".

We have rockerboys and nomads in the game idk about the rest. I also have no idea where you got this from.

I haven't been following the drama so are you forced to play as the thug type character from the e3 trailer?

Fuck off talking about this shit game you braindead cunts

Of course it will.
And they know it, that's why they're pulling all the last ditch stupid shit with Keanu and trannies trying to appeal to everybody.

yeah, it's not the rpg they advertised it as for 6 years, it's an action adventure now.

>wanting a deep character customiser makes you a tranny
retarded niggers the both of you

Top kek. Even Valve has made more good games in the past decade than CDPR
The Witcher 3 came out 4 years after The Witcher 2. That isn't really development hell for a game of that scope
Nope, I've got a bad feeling that it's going to be the same bloated directionless mess that The Witcher 3 was

Can I get a sauce on what it was advertised as?

>being able to make trannies means it's "deep"

Attached: BGrbNgt.png (353x397, 181K)

It's going to be a largely linear, story-heavy game that's set in an open world for no real reason other than marketability. The missions will all have your standard three or four ways to complete them via shooting, stealth, persuasion or using some other gimmick. Deus Ex did this 20 years ago. The city will be small and underwhelming, this is easy to infer by the fact that the director of the game deflected when asked about the world size and whether it was bigger than The Witcher 3, and by the fact that they scrapped the ability to own multiple player homes (if the city were big with many unique districts wouldn't we need the option to set up base in more than one of them?)

>not wanting to be a cybertrap with a massive cyberdong
lel

Damn, I was hoping I could be a machiavellian ancap

Chink shill thread.
Report and sage.

Attached: 1561191058689.jpg (1481x1063, 151K)

>it doesn't have to be

Attached: it doesn't have to be.jpg (675x860, 478K)

this

Cyberpunk was never in development "hell". if the troubled development of the witcher games qualifies as "hell" then so do MOST games. most games nowadays involve crunch time and delays. They announced CP way too early and then couldn't justify putting a whole team on it full-time as they were busy making Witcher 3, a guaranteed cash cow. Cyberpunk never switched visions drastically, all of the "they promised this but now are promising something else" memes concern features being cut, not changed. Cyberpunk was being planned and prototyped by a tiny skeleton crew for years because the rest of the studio was busy with Witcher, not because there was a problem with Cyberpunk.

Duke Nukem Forever was in development hell, switching engines multiple times. Star Citizen is in development hell, going from a large but feasible space MMO with a very generous budget to a chaotic blob of essentially multiple unconnected games in one, with the scope ever increasing. years ago the SC team already planned too many features to ever realistically produce and since then they've only added to that list of planned features. Star Citizen is the worst case of feature creep perhaps ever. "The most ambitious game of all time" aka vaporware.
Meanwhile CP is evidently near completion, maybe one more delay ahead, but it will probably come out in 2020. And no, it can't live up to the hype of some as they expect a true RPG and this was confirmed not the case the moment they showed the heavily scripted gameplay with characters talking a lot. It's literally open world Deus Ex with modern production value. Most people will be happy with it, at least after mods fix some of the terribad combat balancing that seems inevitable in CDPR games.

Oh, I see, you have shit taste. Carry on.

the only people who like the way cybercuck is turning out are chinese bugmen.

Attached: cybercucked2078.png (930x1081, 982K)

This actually makes me feel better about the game, if anything
> It's going to be a largely linear, story-heavy game that's set in an open world for no real reason other than marketability.
Good, if they avoid the typical tropes and pitfalls of open world games then the game will be better for it
> The missions will all have your standard three or four ways to complete them via shooting, stealth, persuasion or using some other gimmick.
Sounds like am mprovement over "mash x to win" Witcher 3
> The city will be small and underwhelming, this is easy to infer by the fact that the director of the game deflected when asked about the world size and whether it was bigger than The Witcher 3, and by the fact that they scrapped the ability to own multiple player homes
Good, smaller open world games typically turn our better. Look at Nier Automata vs Breath of the Wild. The former is a well designed dynamic world that has interesting stuff happen over the course of the game. The latter is a boring, lifeless world full of copy-pasted assets- the poster child for what happens when scope gets out of control

they are hacks

Oh, I see you like directionless meandering stories that completely forget the main story and get off into the weeds with mandatory 10 hour sidequest chains, and have the same "follow quest marker, kill enemy" gameplay that's been beaten into the ground over the past decade in open world games

You do realize people trust their own eyes and own judgment over anons throwing a fit about GTA or the sun?

>It's literally open world Deus Ex with modern production value.
Fabulously optimistic

I see that you're still making threads, woof

It's Deus Ex in an open world, objectively. This isn't a prediction of quality, just the type of game we're talking about here. It's about multi-path infiltration of various compounds with Deus Ex style weaponry and gadgets, there are skill trees for your character and there are conversation trees every time you talk to a NPC. You'll have an inventory to manage. And I bet there are vents as well.

Game looks like it'll be okay but not groundbreaking game like witcher 3, worth a pirate at the very least. Anyone who didn't take anything CDPR said with a massive pinch of salt is a retard after the witcher 3 downgrade.

>objectively.
that's not a good thing, deus ex has really bad game play.

The Witcher 3 wasn't groundbreaking in any way other than graphically, pushing the current gen consoles to their limit. Gameplay wise it was a by the book open world games with "fetch 10 bear asses" tier quests

Being X type of game doesn't mean you have to use the exact same shooting mechanics user.

Deus Ex's very structure is flawed. It's a perfect example against itself.

I know, I agree. But it seems like normalfags and some fags on Yea Forums think otherwise.
Also I thought you said gunplay, my mistake but the point still stands.

>first person only

what's the problem with the "structure" of Deus Ex?

Its attempt to do everything ultimately made everything unsatisfying and blandly designed.

>Yea Forums is now shitting on Deus Ex because Cyberpunk is similar to it
Jesus christ. This is genuinely pathetic.

Any videogame that's spending their budget on fucking celebrities of all things is going to be awful.

Attached: 1465915867155.png (663x537, 194K)

>deus ex finally gets rightful criticism
>it must be because of this completely different thing
imagine having childrens toys be your sacred cow

>if a game takes more than a year to make it's in development hell

Attached: goblino.jpg (800x739, 239K)

>Yakuza series
>Vice City
>San Andreas
>Onimusha 3
>RotK
>awful
Please don't use Shinobu in your shitposts, faggot.

sad

have sex.

Yup and you even have the backstory and name "V"

I still have hopes and dreams

Attached: BIG dreamer.jpg (313x228, 74K)

friendly reminder that this user latches on various games and shitposts about them for months before moving onto another one. Mods already posted that he will change his IP and continue to so so.

Sucks desu.

Why should anyone care?

>trannies will be continuosly seething until aprill
>they will seethe even more after release
based cdp

Attached: 1540964687497.png (720x728, 313K)

It wasn't properly worked on until after the Witcher 3 DLC's (2016).

Open world hubs, multi-path missions and gunplay can all be done right. The one main flaw of Deus Ex imo is the promise of allowing for full stealth. Stealth really doesn't work in Deus Ex so the game should never pretend that stealth is a legitimate way to play. In DXHR they made it work at the expense of combat, effectively making DXHR a decent stealth game but a shit action game. Maybe this is what you meant.
You can't have AI that is forgiving enough for stealth (positioned and equipped to be passed without alerts by a stealthy player) but also alert and aggressive enough for open combat against a competent shooter player. It doesn't work. There's this awkward boolean toggle when you're detected. All of a sudden you're playing a different game and if you didn't put points in shooting and tanking you have to sit in some vent like a cuck until a timer runs down (or save scum like a normal person). And if you are a combat player you have to complete the whole game listening to annoying alarms and enemies announcing their position by shouting stuff.
Stealth also sucks in TES and other open world and action games. Imo stealth needs to be situational and the player should be taught very clearly that putting points into stealth skills doesn't mean he can forego combat skills. No sneaking your way through everything. Rather stealth should be used to gain superior position before the fight, like gaining line of sight onto a powerful enemy and being able to take him out first, or simply gaining the high ground. "Pure" stealth creates stupid architecture with giant vents everywhere and blind, deaf enemies whose patrol routes make no sense.

My most pessimistic prediction about Cyberpunk is that it will suffer from some of the same problems. The devs have already confirmed you can complete the whole game without killing anyone. This likely means no lessons from Deus Ex and DXHR have been learned regarding stealth.

No, both sides are wrong as you don't actually choose a class. Also the twitter text change is probably to distinguish it from the TTRPG coming out in two months for obvious marketing purposes.

How will they be seething? Kinda out of the loop, but I swear I just saw some shit about how the devs caved for "MUH TRANS REPRUHZENTAYSHUN" recently.

Any critic is called a tranny by the fanboys.

because trannies always seethe, no matter what you do and how much you do to satisfy them
dialate

If I spend 14 hours a day calling people trannies does that make their opinions wrong?

The game obviously different from what was initially promised dude. Sperging out and calling people trannies won't change that.

Not him but that happens a lot with vidya, the problem was due to them showing that trailer so early and then not saying shit till last e3's trailer people didn't expect the change.

>The game obviously different from my baseless delusions

So what exactly has happened in the past nine years that makes you consider it in "development hell"?

They added the sun and trannies.

It's not even a full-fledged RPG anymore. Open-world Deus Ex at best, and that's a let down imo.

>obviously different from what was initially promised dude
then show me those promises
teaser trailer from 6 years ago doesnt count as fucking promise btw
back to trannyera faggot

And that's a good thing imo, although I didn't pay much attention to this shit till just before last years e3 since it seemed like they'd be talking about it, so I didn't have any specific expectations going in.

>not even a full-fledged RPG anymore
>source:trust me dude

CDPR always aimed at Deus Ex experience, retard. They just thought Deus Ex is an RPG

Who gives you the authority over reality you fucking schizo? You better be getting paid with that attitude

>They just thought Deus Ex is an RPG
That's your excuse? Really?

Don't, it'll just devolve into a arguement over what makes something a rpg, and how witcher isn't one because Geralt has a pre defined character and then people arguing how if that's the case Kotor and PsT aren't because you're forced to be Revan/Exile and The Nameless One like every other fucking thread.

Witcher isn't an rpg, it's an action game with a dating sim. Just like mass effect

Disgusting UI. Disgusting chromatic aberration.

HURRR

Attached: 6th feb.png (645x729, 50K)

>trannies were seething
>CDPR decides to pander to them
>trannies still seething
Why even waste time, money and effort going out of their way to pander to the 0.5% of the player base that won't even buy the game?

Attached: 1561135985738.jpg (300x250, 53K)

It's true though. Outside of the first Mass effect there were almost no RPG elements except the dating sim. And it's funny because one of the main things CDPR promised was to NOT MAKE A MASS EFFECT GAME.

>conflating DXHR/MD with DX ie the original game
None of what you said made any sense until I realized you probably didn't play it at all. Because stealth is great in DX, gamey AI aside it was based on line of sight, sounds and light levels, and made even more interesting by the Silent Running/Speed augs and both Insivibility augs and the thermoptic camo. You can throw stuff and flares to lure NPCs too. And you can bait opposing factioned NPCs or bots into conflict.

Yes stealth is just one of the things nu-DX didn't get right (having third-person cover mode at all was the biggest mistake) but that doesn't invalidate the ways DX implemented it in any way.

I'm a fervent believer that the tumblr tranny art was a canary to see how people would take it

Dilate

Kill yourself

Seething

The game triggers them because the cover is a White guy, CDPR in the past has made gender jokes and never apologized for it or fired the guy who made them, they also recently let Mike Pondsmith out on the loose to absolutely shit on SJWs after their recent accusation of Mike being a misguided Black man when making the Voodoo Boys and assuming what a Black man should think about Black stereotypes. If this was another company they would have told Mike to shut the fuck up as to not further inplicate on a future game title.

>CDPR tried to pander to them
False nigger, the shit was always there. Besides all this """tranny""" stuff was shown in the demo at E3 and it was nothing more than what was implied in the interview, a gender bending feature where you can give female V a beard, and male V a female voice, like Saint's Row 3, or Dark Souls. Are you telling me that CDPR went back in time in the E3 demo so that they can talk about features that were added AFTER E3 to appease trannies? Isn't it suspicious that if CDPR was such an SJW company that they in no way glorified or plastered this ""new feature"" in their twitter if they wanted to so desperately flaunt themselves as progressives adding progressive features.

You have to laugh at contrarians in this place to be honest. These brainrotters are quick to tell you how dishonest game journalists are and that you shouldn't believe anything they say in regards to a game being praised because they are bought or agenda motivated. Yet when it absolutely and immediately falls in their venue to shit on something they will have no qualms whatsoever to use it in their arguments and then automatically want to you believe it's true even if that means using Kotaku out of all mediums.

Attached: 1561301576894.jpg (1360x768, 302K)

Attached: 1561227181427.jpg (807x659, 42K)

>Nine years.

No, CDPR was working on Witcher 3 up until 2016 (when the last of the DLC came out). So this has been three years/four years of dev; a long cycle but not unreasonable.

Don't you mean heaven?

Name one element of witcher 3 in the story that is quintessentially RPG

Will this mean I can make a trap? Also pretty sure you can't give females beards in saints row but sure.

No it didn't.

As opposed to a Halo 2 clone from the first trailer? No thanks.

Different slides at the end depending on choices made like NV.

Upgrading stats and power with experience and levelling with better equipment as you go through the game.

I'm not talking about the advertisement picture. I was specifically talking about the recently unveiled "transgender" character creation options. That's tranny pandering no matter how you slice it. And it's a waste of time, money and effort just to appease a loud minority that isn't profitable.

What choices do you make in order to alter the story?
That's not the story

The ones that affect the slides like what happens with Ciri, Geralt and the kingdoms.

>recently unveiled "transgender" character creation options
???

Be specific, what choices do you make that alters the story

>game is a callback to the cyberpunk era

Dialogue options

Like what?

You can play as a guy with feminine voice

>yes I'll help you
>no, fuck off

Whooptie doo, if anything that's hilarious and a middle finger to trannies and fags.

How you treated Ciri, who you decided to help in the island map, Skellige or whatever it was called, If you let the cripple kill Roche and co, whether you brought Ciri to the emperor or not and who you romanced for Geralt if at all. Plus shit like the baron where you could have the kids die and he leaves with the wife, what happens with the godlings or whatever that little shit was called.

It is. They are making a storm in a glass of water

If you've been into video games for a significant amount of time you should have learned to never be optimistic and always keep hype levels at a minimum

>chromatic aberration
>What the fuck are you on about it's a video game how would you have lens artefacts.

Those dmg number pop-ups are the worst.

Hype paid off 10 years ago

If you think that's bad, slow the video frame by frame and see the lag of damage recognition

>Because stealth is great in DX
No, it isn't, it sucks. Plenty of locations just don't allow you to slip by unnoticed. How are you going to save your brother while being stealthy? How are you going to survive Gunther, assuming you don't know the kill phrase? How will you sneak out of the prison without fighting anyone? I admit I never finished Deus Ex (and I last played it over 5 years ago so I don't remember details) so I never got far enough into the skill tree to know what it's like when you have invisibility and silent running. But stealth does not work for much of the early game so I cannot consider Deus Ex a functioning stealth game.

you can turn them off

Wake up cousin.We have a city to burn/

Fpbp

They're the only competent AAA studio currently.

You know that footage is a work in progress right?

gog and cyberpunk are two different cd projekts you retard

If they've already been working on it for 6 years and the main aspect of the game is shit tier and it releases next year, what does that mean?

Please tell me you're joking. Were you expecting DX to be a pure stealth game or something? Of course it's not like Thief. DX is an action RPG-FPS, immersive sim, and it has stealth, it is not a pure stealth game. And of the few of those that exist, almost all of them have unavoidable action parts.
>I admit I never finished Deus Ex (and I last played it over 5 years ago so I don't remember details) so I never got far enough into the skill tree to know what it's like when you have invisibility and silent running. But stealth does not work for much of the early game so I cannot consider Deus Ex a functioning stealth game.
If you didn't play the game then you can't know what we're talking about. Stealth works just fine, but isn't casualized like so many games where NPCs are completely blind beyond 50 feet, so you actually do need to scout areas carefully because they'll spot you from a reasonable distance, you do need to watch guard patrols and account for their POV, you do actually need to crouch silently to avoid being heard, and you need to use the cover of darkness. Doing this you can stealth your way through much of the game even before you get the Invisibility augs or Silent Running (or Speed and crouchrun) both of which are just the icing on the stealth cake, and both of which use a limited resource (bio-energy) which doesn't replenish like the reboots so you use them sparingly.

I used stealth on all my first few playthroughs before I learned all the levels and NPC locations with no issue, it's not just viable, the game is designed in large parts to accommodate it, every level and enemy placement is designed for it in fact, but it's still an action RPG.

But you can't play as them.