What's the fucking appeal of this game's battle system? It's like an unholy combination of ATB and gacha

What's the fucking appeal of this game's battle system? It's like an unholy combination of ATB and gacha.

Attached: 235-2Ry9pYA.gif (480x320, 2.52M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/vM67KHBAMVQ
youtu.be/Jx4f42c-cjk
engadget.com/2017/01/04/griffin-connects-your-toast-to-your-phone/
forums.therockmanexezone.com/rockman-exe6-english-patches-t5507.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>atb
No
>gacha
No

Attached: bd8.png (1190x906, 178K)

It's less like cacha and more like the perfect balance of a card game and a real-time action game with RPG elements that involves memorizing patterns, building decks to fight certain enemies, and playing a puzzle minigame navicust to customize megaman to suit your playstyles. It's neither.

Literally the only thing close to gacha in the games are the chip traders, and they're actually beneficial as they're a means of offloading excess useless chips for a rare chance of getting multiples of a rare chip.

And the battle system is real time, with the occasional menu to select a loadout.

Okay, I thought I typed in QTE instead of that. But, seriously, having your moves come out randomly is pure gacha.

Feel like replaying mmbn6. Should I play Falzar or Gregar?

Attached: is-this-bait-19556929.png (500x410, 18K)

Attached: thisisbait.jpg (625x626, 24K)

Gregar if you want to go easy. Slash soul is OP.

Not gonna lie, never liked this spinoff series and probably never will. It's good thay Capcom's focusing more on the platformers these days.

Attached: 1479337539437.png (600x569, 74K)

is that way.

Okay, but locking your only attacks behind rng is terrible game design.

>t.
Have you seen the tutorial?

Attached: images-1.png (205x246, 5K)

youtu.be/vM67KHBAMVQ

I do not think that word means what you think it means.

Again, RNG.

No

Sure, you'd be able to pull shit off if you had the attacks you wanted, but in the beginning, you got jack shit, and the goddamn skill slots need to be full!
I'm fed up with this shitty abortion of a game where """megaman""" can't even freely use his buster.

>where """megaman""" can't even freely use his buster
Please stop embarrassing yourself and turn off your phone

Sounds like you're just a retard, my baiting friend.

I remember thinking the game was gay until I actually bought it to try and liked it. They wouldn't have made 6+ games if it sucked and no one liked it.

Looks like you've skipped the tutorial. And no, I'm not spoonfeeding you.

Attached: tenor (1).gif (220x220, 151K)

Not only can you buff your navicust to make the buster one of the strongest weapons in the game, different forms change your attacks. In the latest MMBN, Falzar turns your buster into a 3-prong slow machinegun, while Gregar turns it into a SUPER FUCKING FAST machinegun that can practically tear through anything instantly.

>We will never get MMBN mobile

It should've been its own IP. Too bad that it's forever bound to be overshadowed by the mediocre-ass classic and X series.

>implying BN was any better

Attached: 1304376955947.png (600x450, 457K)

Someday.

Attached: c3f38661-4311-4a51-9aa4-8b8d68380ea9.jpg (564x783, 108K)

I remember playing this game way back, but completely forgot about it. Looks really comfy.
Should probably just start at the first and work my way up?

>Why do people enjoy two of the most addicting types of gameplay perfectly tied into an RPG battle system

Good question, great thread, you really did it.

Sure, why not?

ATB is pure shit though
Not that BN is ATB in any way

youtu.be/Jx4f42c-cjk

Attached: 1559263558752.png (447x525, 146K)

>we will never get Net Navis

What's the best style to use in BN3? I'm trying to deal with the postgame but farming Navi chips is really annoying. What are the best chips I should focus on?

Well I think drawing the parallel is not that crazy, you wait for your chip draw to be available while you maneuver the battle field. Not unlike typical FF ATB aside from being able to maneuver in the middle.

I don't personally dislike ATB, but that's a personal opinion, regardless it's not totally unlike ATB.

What's the fucking appeal of this game's battle system? It's like an unholy combination of ATB and gacha.

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 23K)

The birb roar is more awesome imo

From what I remember, the E-code is really good for a solid endgame folder. You can put in all the chips for BubbleSpread P.A and LifeSword. The E code also include VarSword and Sensor3, ones of the most powerful chips in the game. Also, get FoldrBak if you're playing Blue.

I should get me more VarSwords then. I'm barely surviving Secret Area so I'm in a bad need of good chips. I have also been using Aqua Gutswith rapid shooting but I think it is loosing its usefulness, I guess I can only fight viruses until the game gives me a new one at random, right?

Best style is custom style, starting with a selection of extra chips is pretty busted for comboing hard out of a 30 card deck. I like bug style personally though.

From what I read I need to get Bug Style if I want to use the BurstMAX (?) program, but yes, I should eventually aim for Custom since my Buster surely will never be that strong. Also I think it was Shadow that gives you stuff like Invis? I should check that out.

I'm just a bit overwhelmed at all the stuff I'm missing, I made a bit of research and I'm baffled at the amount of codes that exist for mod tools.

>Gacha
Nigga what? Have you never played a card game

Honestly, VarSword isn't even neccessary. I personally ditched it and added some filler chip instead because I can't consistently nail the input. It's the BubbleSpread that carried me through the endgame grinding since I can delete most virus encounter in 1 turn with a 300 damage P.A. If you're struggling to survive late game enemies, you can even fill your folder with Invis* so you can stall out the guage and get better ratings for better chip drop.

That's a rad remix.

I personally preferred Bug Style. The bonuses often outweigh the bugs, and you can get some awesome Navi cust combinations going.

LC-kun is that you? Have you come back after accepting that 11 sold pretty well?

Attached: Mayl Smugurai.jpg (971x677, 475K)

These threads consistently make me think I should play through these games

They're good.

You should
Start from 2

well start with 2 or 3 and then go nuts
avoid 4

battle network is miles better than this abomination.

>Not gonna lie, never liked this spinoff series and probably never will

You should play the series some time. It's worth its salt.

Attached: Don'tSlip.webm (240x160, 752K)

kill yourselves
1 is an excellent game with a fantastic plot

What do I play after 5? I'm leaning between 4 and 6.

Attached: DarkChip-AX-27-Netto.png (640x480, 207K)

There's a reason why people constantly talk about this series and bring up the gameplay. It's that good. The other Mega Man subseries have been rendered obsolete by the indie scene where most of them have been "inspired" by Classic and X yet the gameplay for Battle Network has to be reproduce. There's a damned good reason for it. It's too intricate to reproduce without a clear vision of what they want for the game as opposed to 2D platform games being easily accessible and easy to visualize.

Attached: SmoothDodging2.webm (960x540, 2.9M)

>that level of autism and fuckery

Attached: 1557767675081.gif (750x563, 961K)

battle network is awful

So?

Can't do that in Pokémon ;-)

Attached: 8NvvBR.gif (460x320, 2.35M)

To be fair, you're about to not be able to do anything in Pokemon

I have no idea how i did so but i beat the first game in japanese without understanding shit, do they roll the credits more than once or something?

>and gacha.
How? Just get gud at folder construction and you'll be able to consistently get a high ranking which is what determines chip drops.

>posts frog
>has bad opinions
It's a reddit-er meme, sir, but it checks out.

Attached: Code.jpg (1128x480, 22K)

What plot? Lan stumbles onto WWW schemes, dismantles them, Dad's barely home, Chaud is rude and then Lan learns Megaman was based on his dead brother in the final scenario.

MMBN is pretty good but playing Shanghai made me feel like there are some aspects to the formula I don't really like all that much, like the mazelike areas. Still, the battle system is pretty woefully underutilized/overlooked considering you can apply it to any setting. (plus MMBN's internet was magic-science anyway, especially as the series went on)

This looks like an interesting clusterfuck.

>like the mazelike areas
They become unbearable with a high enough encounter rate.

Yeah, this was another problem I had. I'm not one of those guys who complains about random encounters but in the MMBN system once you get enough chips from the area's enemies there's not much motivation to keep fighting them over and over again. So you either just run a lot or nuke the field with a Navi chip.a lot.

Been awhile but thought later games had an encounter rate down navi cust or item to use, granted doesnt solve the issue but think it was at its worst with 1/2.

Random encounters are still terrible though

It was fun and novel when you were a 12 year old in 2004

>glitched SneakRun

Man, this makes both the bugfrag and style grinding so much easier. Any recommended spots to grind in BN3? I'm just using ACDC1.

Attached: 1561328992380.jpg (620x860, 372K)

If I wanted to get into this series for the gameplay, which one should I start off with? How different are each of the games from each other?

Attached: 1535578977042.jpg (177x219, 68K)

Are there any GBA emulators for the PSP that works for this? Everytime I try to start the game it glitches out for me.

2. its such an improvement over 1 its crazy. they all have the overall same battle system, but each has its own unique thing. 2 and 3 have styles, 5 and 6 have double soul, and 6 has crosses. recommend playing 2,3,5, and 6. skip 1 and 4

>How different are each of the games from each other?
Well the biggest difference is that some games have the style system (2 and 3) while others use double souls (4 and 5) and the last one uses the cross system which is like a more braindead version of double soul.

Never liked those chips. Var swords are not very good as they have a delay meant for inputting different sword attacks.

All emulators will work fine. Only the opening into video is bugged. However, if you keep quick saving, then quick loading when it freezes, you can get through the vid and the game will play just fine. I use my R4 to play this on my 3ds annually

>Should probably just start at the first
If you want a grasp on the lore, I guess. However, the first Battle Network gameplay is awful. I recommend starting with 2.

what games are these?
I wanna play them on my phone

Didn't know that. Thanks user.

Attached: DAL_v6_04.jpg (1015x1467, 691K)

>using r4 instead of vc

I'd say just start with the first one. Pretty basic and is not even that long, along having a bit of lore so you don't get so lost. Alternatively, play Network Transmission on GC, supposedly happens between 1 and 2 but the GBA games never reference the events.

Trying to play MMBN with a touchscreen would be painful, it'd have to be some shit auto-battler like 4.5.

Megaman Battle Network series. Should be easily emulatable. Though I've never dabbled with DS emulation on phones (5 had an enhanced version that should be played instead of the gba one).

This looked cool for a while and then I found out that the entire game is just the battle system and they forgot to add any other parts to it.

Since you get rewards based upon rank, which are always consistent, wouldn't the only gacha element be if multiple viruses are on the field?

Attached: 1551320004644.gif (500x500, 236K)

Just triple delete them, bro.

Thanks for the advice, anons, I'll look into the first game but I think I'll start off with the second one. Didn't realise there was a GC game, maybe I'll play that too since I already have a GC emulator set up.

Rank rewards are consistent but there is a chance you'll get money instead of that chip you want even if you get the required rank against a single enemy.

>Didn't realise there was a GC game, maybe I'll play that too since I already have a GC emulator set up.
Completely different gameplay style. It's ignorable since it was more of a spinoff to shill the anime. The spinoff takes place between the first and second game but the PET is the anime one (which in the other games doesn't show up until 3).

>tfw only the first PET had a proper keyboard.

Attached: PET1.jpg (223x234, 14K)

ANSWER MUST BE SOMEWHERE

As I said the games never acknowledge the GC game even if it canonically happens after BN1 and ends with a cliffhanger leading to BN2. Be aware that the game is completely different gameplay wise, is a mix of classic Megaman with chip usage as sub weapons that starts actually very hard because the Mega Buster is pretty weak until you upgrade Power and Charge. I highly recommend it, very underrated game and personally one of my favorite games overall.

>Draw a transformer
>Call it a net navi

Attached: GyroEXE.jpg (1014x1443, 287K)

>Battle Network series is now old enough to vote

Attached: where does time go.jpg (545x362, 32K)

Find me one navi design that's worse than its original robot master.

Bass

Metal Man and quick man

Cutman

Not crazy about Cutman.EXE's design

>all this talk about ranks
I've never played this series before but it's been on the backlog. How difficult/annoying is it to consisently get good ranks? Ranking systems in games triggers my autism something fierce because I feel compelled to always get top ranks, especially if they hide some unlockable behind them, and it ruins the experience for me. It's the main reason why I've avoided the zero series even though I love playing as Zero in the x games. How does the ranking work in MMBN?

Attached: 1549102832231.png (878x510, 882K)

>How difficult/annoying is it to consisently get good ranks?
Harder near the beginning due to lack of chips. But don't worry, iirc story boss fights don't really have missable shit behind ranks that you can't get from their rematches. Also certain chips with specific codes only show up at lower ranks and not high ranks, so it's more important to know exactly what you're aiming for rather than just trying to get S rank every time.

Gacha doesn't mean random, you're thinking of RNG.

MMBN has a rank after every battle going from S to I think D, your rank goes up if you kill multiple enemies with a single attack and goes down over time and if you take hits. If you can win a random battle within ten seconds you'll generally get an S rank, which isn't as hard as it sounds. At higher ranks you have a better chance to get chips out of battle over money, or the special item bugfrags. I don't think anything is missable, after fighting bosses you're able to find them in certain areas in the game world as random battles to try get their chips again.

did you rike it?

Attached: BN4KojimaMug.png (40x48, 728)

Oh yeah, counter hits also raise your rank, which is hitting an enemy with a chip attack right before they do their own attack. There's a flash to tell you what the window for it is.

Been wanting to get into this series. Which one should I start with?

Why does it take forever to unlock Bug Style?

Attached: 1553388898298.jpg (630x627, 102K)

>It's a controls are reversed episode
Why did BN4 have so many annoying scenarios? It's like they wanted to piss off players.

Attached: VideoEXE.jpg (396x602, 24K)

Why, the first one, of course :^)

It's slay the spire but with BN combat

NEVERMIND ONE MORE FIGHT AFTER THIS POST AND I UNLOCKED IT. Now time to grind even more for the programs. At least I now have over 450 BugFrags.

do not die

Attached: unlimited chip folder.jpg (640x480, 94K)

Flameman

I've kind of always wanted to try making a clone of this franchise.
Wonder how hard it would be compared to shotty platformers or JRPGs

How much different was 2 from 1 on the combat aspect? Did 1 have codes,PAs?

Attached: F.png (648x432, 351K)

Nobody remembers turboman either, practically his cousin.

>LOL GATCHA DUDE LAMAO
just fucking end your self im sure no body loves you.

FUCK SHANGHAI

Attached: 73199735_p0.png (819x1158, 1.19M)

Straight up this post

OP is a butt nugget

Attached: 1471226410435.gif (303x303, 813K)

Final version when?

The only real gacha was the irl battle chips you mong, and that was for the toy PETs or chip gates.

1 had PAs but no styles or codes, only elemental armors you could buy. Eventually the Mega Buster becomes the better weapon since it deals very high damage at low charge times and since it doesn't really have an actual postgame, you only need 100+ damage chips to deal with Life Virus's aura. 2 is the game that changes the mechanics dramatically while 3 perfects them.

Zero

user...

1 had codes and PAs
However, 1 does not have the * code, everything is lettered. You were limited to 10 of each type of chip rather than 5 like 2 or even lower after that, so you could have an entire folder that is nothing but 3 different chips.
Also you need a chip to run

I found Folderback more useful as a second FullCust than anything else, BN3's chips are so powerful that you'll never really need a second round of chips anyways.

What was that vampire looking guy? I dont remember him at all.

Main antagonist of Solar Boy Django.

Reminder that battle network is a cautionary tale against connecting the fucking toaster to the internet

engadget.com/2017/01/04/griffin-connects-your-toast-to-your-phone/

Was he not in the EN versions?

No, he was actually cut out of the postgame.

They totally cut all the crossover parts in the EN version, I think.

The weird part is that there aren't any romhacks to restore the cut content.

RUBBER DUCKIES DOING A FUCKIE

ACDC 1 is the best place for Bugfrags. What you want to do is create the buster glitch that turns your normal shot into Guard. Against mets and cannons you can EASILY farm from Guard shockwaves

I could have swore there was for the chipgate, but this isn't a BN explicit thread so I doubt he'll show up.

>and gacha
This is the most retarded post I've seen this year

They've English patched the JP version years ago to let you play the full MMBN6 experience.

I'm just using M Cannon and charge shots so for now I'm doing fine. Only downside is that I got Elec style when I unlocked Bug so now the charge is very slow.

Why?

The method I posted above is more AFK if the grind gets too annoying. Yeah Elec bug is unfortunate. I've always liked woodbug since the charge shot has combo and damage

>pure gacha
Are you retarded or don't you know what gacha is? Do you call a deck of cards gacha cards?

No user, you don't understand, XCOM is actually Gacha Hits

Is there a way to manipulate elements or is it random? Is the third time in a row I'm offered Elec. I actually really liked it in BN2, but here it is way too slow.

So in JRPGs it's not random spawn, but gacha spawn?

forums.therockmanexezone.com/rockman-exe6-english-patches-t5507.html
Cool, wonder why it's not on Romhacking. What about the Beast Link and e-Reader stuff though? Is there any way to access that in emulators or do you just need to hack it in?

Check out my new set of gacha cubes.

Attached: s-l640.jpg (640x640, 50K)

I honestly always though Gacha was a play on Gotcha as in "Gotcha hooked and gotcha wallet"

But there is

It's not Gacha. It's a deck building. Have you ever played any TCG ever?

Trading card gacha?

A couple different emulators have had e-reader support for a very long time. mgba just recently got support for the various battle chip gates.

It is only "Gacha" if you suck at folder building.

Protip: Your first priority is trying to go pure letters, Letter PAs are good, but mixed chips with same letter PAs are better, and since you can select up to 5 chips every turn (Because monocode) you should have no issue getting them, and that is not even getting into the Regular Chip and game specific gimmicks to get more Chips to pick from each turn.

And most games have so you can make a Mono-Folder within like 10 minutes of starting the game.

already did, just in Japan only and before the gacha wave

DS Remake changed letters around and added * though that is worth noting, but even then it is still "chunky" because it is still just a Proof of Concept game with a additional scenario slapped on.

Believe in /jp/