Cast him in

Cast him in.

Attached: 1508516039729.jpg (480x480, 29K)

so it was all part of kains plan, right? he wasnt just being catty.

Attached: etika.webm (1280x720, 2.61M)

kek

i blame nintendo.

basically kain exploiting reincarnation loopholes to get himself out of mobius' trap

I think he was just egotistic.

Kain was basically exploiting "reality glitches" like a speedrunner would to make impossible shit happen so he can defy destiny. EVERYTHING was planned.

based

Nope, he wasn't He knew exactly what he had to do the moment he saw wings on Raziel. He basically went "well shit, here we go with the next phase I guess". He wasn't mad at Raziel, he wasn't even doing this out of spite or anything, this was all business to him. He was more mad at the fact that he even has to do this.

in hindsight, it seems like kain had 500 IQ and planned everything

but in SR1 it really seems like they didn't plan on making kain anything more than endgame villain

i think the whole time travel manipulation story was decided on when SR1 was nearly done

So if Etika is Raziel, who is Kain?

gotchu senpai

Attached: kains story.png (1263x3316, 631K)

The decision to make a sequel wasn't just made late in the dev process it was put in so late that the fragments of the old ending dialogues are still in the ps1 game files.

God.

Attached: xgs1j5.jpg (600x450, 36K)

The original end to SR1 was Raziel reactivating the secret weapon humans build before being overwhelmed by vampires - the cathedral and blasting a vampire killing organ lick so hard it would eradicate every vampire on the planet.

click it you fucking spaz

HASH'AK'GIK
HASH'AK'GIK

Attached: Defiance-DC-Reunion-046.png (1920x1080, 1.22M)

Dumb phoneposter.

I was expecting him to successfully stealth through them all.

What a fucking weak way to tie up the plot of BO1

name a better plot in a vidya franchise than LoK
you can't

I'm mad over how we're not going to get any resolution to this

Attached: 1532494451739.jpg (300x600, 98K)

based

Attached: d93a031bf4de524049fad1f48ae7bcee.jpg (746x1070, 102K)

Eternity is relentless.

it's a convoluted mess because then the writers said "oh but also the hylden lord guy is named that too"

Is it possible to get blood omen to work on windows 10?My other computer broke and i'm stuck using a shitty laptop

it hurt my brain when they revealed raziel was the soul consuming force inside the soul reaver.

Yes

Square Enix should write her a paycheck for a remake

Attached: .jpg (555x328, 34K)

The soul reaver of BO1 was a indestructible soul devouring weapon that survived the time shenanigans of BO1 the fact it broke only when used on Raziel was always strange to me so when SR2 came along and did that twist I thought it made perfect sense.

It's criminal that BO1 have so many cool quotes.
>Alas, poor Nupraptor – I knew him well. Well, not really.
as a Shakespeare fan this always makes me smile. Or this
>Time fades even legend, and the origin of the Soul Reaver has been lost long ago. But its purpose remains - to feed on the souls of any creature it strikes. Kindred, this blade and I.

time travel/alternate reality plots always hurt my brain with all the possibilities and twists. the more you try to make sense of it the more confusing it can get. like is the raziel wielding the soul absorbing soul reaver an alternate timeline raziel but moved into the current time line and so able to hold an object which is holding an alternate version of him which is actually the current timeline version.

While true, the it did "end" was a very fitting way for that series to sort-of-end.
Kain's no longer a pawn, free of corruption and now sees who the true enemy is. However he's now burdened with that silly illusion of hope.

Probably better that way. There is no good way to kill the squid other than some cheap shit like finding its heart and killing a creature as big as a planet like that

>but in SR1 it really seems like they didn't plan on making kain anything more than endgame villain

they didnt even hint at the elder god being the bad guy in sr1, did they.

He always seemed suspect and his motives were always questionable at best.

BO1 has so many great little quips

i found him mysterious in the first game rather than malevolent. he seemed to want to help even though his motives were never hinted at (or at least not that i can remember)

>they didnt even hint at the elder god being the bad guy in sr1, did they.

They did. SR1's original ending revealed Raziel was super played like a fiddle, even though he did what he wished for, and got revenge. Time travel and the subsequent Hylden invasion were supposed to be addressed in the sequel, if there was ever going to be one (I wouldn't have mourned if the series stopped at SR1, it might be regarded as an immortal masterpiece in the timeline where the original ending played out as it was going to).

I guess that's down to interpretation but he always seemed like a malevolent force to me.

>Time travel and the subsequent Hylden invasion were supposed to be addressed in the sequel,

i dont remember the hylden being mentioned at all in sr1. it has been a long time since i played it though. i thought they introduced the existence of the hylden as well as the elder god being suspect in the second game.

>You have done well... my servant.
This unused line was always on the edgier side imo.

I believe that statement came from a Hennig interview, unless she was bullshitting about how far in advance she wrote the story.

He did always have that "I can end you any moment I wish" vibe whenever he came on screen. He definitely never felt like he saved Raziel out of kindness, that's for sure

>FALSE! GOD!
>Why would have fear of us if we could TRULY do you no harm?
>This is it, foul creature! The final turn of your infernal wheel!
also
>You cannot defeat me, Kain! I am the source from which all life springs forth! I shall always exist, while you shall perish! And on that INEVITABLE day, your foul, putrid soul will FINALLY be mine!!!!
>.....Then, in the meantime, you had best burrow deep.
The fact they had the liquid sex voices of Templemann and Tony Jay reading those lines didnt hurt either

>He definitely never felt like he saved Raziel out of kindness, that's for sure

when i first played i assumed he got the souls that raziel absorbed so his motivation was getting souls or maybe cleaning away souls that were polluting the land and bringing order. the game doesnt say that is the case though so it was just headcannon before the later games came out.

Kain refused the sacrifice

what is the possibility of ever seeing another game set in the blood omen/soul reaver universe?

unless it's a remaster that doesn't touch the most important parts, hopefully never

>hopefully never

you dont think Hennig has any more writing left in her? or is it because some of the voice actors have died?

i don't think there's more to add to the story
the only thing that remains is kain's fight against the elder god, which doesn't seem like enough plot to build a satisfying plot for a game. and how do you get more material? raziel's cycle is complete, kain is purified, mobius is gone, elder god is exposed, hylden will be dealt with, ariel is absorbed, etc. there's simply not much more to do, defiance resolved enough of the story to be the last entry

what i want is a current-gen update for gameplay and graphics because i don't trust the current developers to NOT screw up if they try to touch the story

not sure if hennig could do more

i guess you have a point. i was thinking of a completely new story with all new characters set in the same universe. but an updated version of the old games would be a much more realistic expectation.

if something new is done, it should definitely be made with amy hennig on board

Disgust face

yeah. i just want to play a new vampire game with hennig involved probably for nostalgias sake. i have VAMPYR on my shelf and havnt tried it yet. maybe i should but its not the same