Hoenn....home

Hoenn....home.

Attached: pokemon emerald daycare.gif (500x333, 63K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9OO5VAKk0d8
youtube.com/watch?v=im6tbN9SZXs
m.youtube.com/watch?v=3qu2IB7mykU
youtube.com/watch?v=2XjouKSkSeM
youtube.com/watch?v=WGJglX2t5YM
youtube.com/watch?v=0yACFyU-BK4
youtube.com/watch?v=nU263Ud3LM4
youtube.com/watch?v=lMc5yA7JDl4
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Attached: No hoenn.jpg (200x272, 13K)

imagine being a hoenn fag

Attached: 9krbrqe.png (304x297, 147K)

Hoenn dabs on your barren shit region, johtonigger.

At least until Masuda fucked everything up

RENT. FREE.

RBY and GS are so nostalgic for me it actually hurts. No other games hit me the same way.

Also Gen 1 had the best Gym Leader music
youtube.com/watch?v=9OO5VAKk0d8

Attached: maxresdefault (2).jpg (1280x720, 95K)

Johto had the worst starters pretty gen 6

Imagine being a BW zoomer faggot. Hoenn was best gen.

Hoenn is soulful as fuck

that epic sweeping 8 bit score
HNNNNGGGG
fuck me i just want to be a kid looking at my friend's older brother's tyranitar on gold in sheer amazement. god i miss those days.

Gen 1 and 2 had the best music across the board. It's amazing how having more resources fucked up their creativity big time.

GSC are 10/10

Unfortunately I played Crystal first so the RB sprites were hard to deal with but I played FR/LG over and over.

>post has a johto pokemon
>"rent free"
That's not how it works.

Everything beats having Unova as one's favorite region. At least Hoenn feels like a real place instead of a theme park.

Don't shitpost with my bro Feraligatr like that.

youtube.com/watch?v=im6tbN9SZXs
bros...

J-JOHTOOOO?

Posting the best version
m.youtube.com/watch?v=3qu2IB7mykU

gen 1, 2 and 3 all have fantastic music. 4 and 5 have a few good tracks overall but it wasn't the same. 2 has the best pokemon designs, 3 the best overworld. (inb4 muh water). i dont know what 1 has really aside from some really fantastic music. FRLG are better in every way. except music.
youtube.com/watch?v=2XjouKSkSeM
youtube.com/watch?v=WGJglX2t5YM
youtube.com/watch?v=0yACFyU-BK4

Is there any romhacks that just make pokemon game more difficult?

hoenn has the best starters, followed by sinnoh. the rest are shit, except charizard, meganium and serperior.

>chikorita
>totodile
>bad
???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

check out fire red omega for a difficult hack of FRLG.
or emerald omega for the same.
storm silver for hard soul silver, the drayano hack. he does difficulty hacks for gen 5 too IIRC.
fire red omega made me realize that if kanto was an actual challenge and allowed you to use pokemon from gens 2-3 it would easily be the best generation.

>hoenn has the best starters, followed by sinnoh.
Pretty based
>rest are shit, except charizard, meganium and serperior
>meganium
Bayleef is better

>best starters

it's actually 1>2>3

well of course bayleef is better but when we say starters i assume we're talking about final forms.

typhlosion is shit worse than quilava same with Maganium Feraligatr is okay but cant make up for the other 2

Yeah I'm playing one called Gaia, it's a hack of FireRed that is its own map, story, etc. It has gen 1-5 and mega evolutions despite no gen 6 lol

Thanks

5's soundtrack is a lot better than 1, don't kid yourself.

>2 has the best pokemon designs
lol what? they're gen 1 rejects and contain perhaps the highest amount of forgettable designs ratio

oh and i forgot greninja is based, too.

that moment you hear the credits song for the second time after beating Red and realize your childhood just peaked and ended
youtube.com/watch?v=nU263Ud3LM4

Attached: abc_draper_crying_100906_wmain.jpg (300x168, 11K)

SOUL SOUL SOUL SOULS UOUL OSULSU OSULS OSULS OSULS SOULS OSULS SOUL SOUL SOUL SOU LSU FOU SOUL OVERLOWD SOUL

National Park gets me every time, same as Ecruteak/Cianwood.

I like Hoenn because one of the best spin-offs got its start there.

Attached: 6820f4e124c52e4072bc37d43f98a07517eea916_00[1].jpg (512x327, 37K)

Back in 2003 my friends were screaming the equivalent of SOUL/SOULESS at Ruby and Sapphire.

*doots your path*

Attached: [Hoenn intensifies].jpg (807x540, 88K)

i desperately want them to make another pokemon mystery dungeon for switch

It’s weird, I played a ton of Gen 3 when I was a kid but I don’t have anywhere near the nostalgic attachment I have to Gens 1 and 2. I felt nothing playing ORAS, and if I replayed a Pokémon game now I’d choose Gen 4 or 5.

Fuck, this song has been remixed 10000 times but it never hits as hard as the original does. (Also this recording is awful, what’s with all the unnecessary reverb)

Name ONE(1) thing in pokemon that has more SOULFUL than these chads.
Protip You can't.
This was peak legendary hunting kino.
youtube.com/watch?v=lMc5yA7JDl4

Attached: 1485148647190.png (933x606, 349K)

>have to learn braille to figure out what the fuck to do
that was absolute decipherkino

KANTOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

hoenn has a special place in my heart because I grew up with it. all the stupid memes people make are obviously made by people who started after hoenn. its kind of like morrowind, people play skyrim or oblivion as their first game and then go back and they want to make a bunch of dumb memes because they don't know what it was like.

RSE was an improvement over GSC in nearly every way except for some stripped features like day and night etc etc. Even though it came out over 10 years ago it still always felt like "modern" game with all of it's sleek and well-produced interfaces and features. I guess only a game like Mother 3 would have it beat in quality.

I played DPP for a little bit but the pokemon were just so cartoonish and uninteresting I never cared to take it further. It seemed to me at that point pokemon was running out of ideas, but now even DPP is 10 years old.

It's amazing to me that pokemon would even get a movie like it did in 2019, I guess that is the buying power of millenials

I never got why people seemed to hate the GSE graphics and preferred FR/LG. I thought they were vibrant and pretty, great for the tropicalish setting. The Gen1 remake graphics seemed boxy and dull in comparison.

Attached: giphy.gif (480x320, 187K)

Same but I enjoyed gen 4 the most. I'd argue gen 4 was the true overall improvement in every way from its predecessor.