Games that changed you forever

Post a game that changed you after finishing it

Attached: 66666666666666666666666.jpg (1920x1080, 81K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/4Tl2xZKpHWU
youtube.com/watch?v=w5J7apoX9U8
youtube.com/watch?v=rpyQSFtfLuE
youtube.com/watch?v=wu64HP-PL40
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I liked the game too, but how it changed you?

It just seems that reality isn't the same after playing it, sounds like a fangirl exaggeration but it left a weird feeling in me that no other game has except SH3 at most

I cried at the end of this game. I was so emotional. Even though I knew Mona was a no good SOB

Attached: FA144E9A-5B5A-4978-9D61-BDB4BF763E53.jpg (904x1050, 354K)

It changed me too in the sense that influenced my taste in video games, literature, movies and maybe even music. I played the game when i was 13, so it blew my teenager mind away.

Rule of Rose.

I was like 15 at the time, it made a huge impact on me. Started reflecting on death and loss like mad. It also got me into cunny. :^)

Attached: Airship.jpg (1133x611, 521K)

the only game that changed wasn't a video game, it was a little game called Cum on a Cracker

Bro LITERALLY have sex or do acid or something. Christ you sound as if you're 13.

stfu Incel

This. Japanese games break you out of the western fps cod style stuff

It made me realize things weren't what they seem and that there's more to life then these petty interests. It made me think about the future and what I wanted to be.

Attached: 220px-Metalgear2boxart.jpg (220x311, 30K)

The letter at the end is the saddest thing in vidya youtu.be/4Tl2xZKpHWU

Right up their with fatal frame
I bet you only play GTA V & Fortshit

Mother 3

Rockstar Games, the thread

(inb4 too cool for school contrarian faggots)

This right here.

Got it when it released, ship was too big never finished

So deep

Attached: images-14.jpg (460x215, 20K)

true

Attached: 084223345ad43f6e30cd9e0d522f3c0a.jpg (1069x601, 80K)

Depressing, family loss, perfect

Attached: splinter.jpg (315x445, 29K)

I'm playing the 1st right now. Silent hill is fucking God-tier. To answer your question though, Bioshock. It gave me a really painful emotional feeling that affected me for like a week.

You running on PCSX2? Yeah bioshock was crazy, that time when games got super next gen and original, sadly the end of PS2 era

It made me wonder what the fuck Kojima was taking.

Do you really want to know?
All right then, I'll tell you. The game

I still miss her

Attached: Elizabeth-C.png (500x700, 577K)

Honestly this one.

Attached: GZA0c8L.png (384x482, 225K)

If you know this one, you know it. "I have chosen to embrace it"

Attached: meat_king.jpg (300x225, 16K)

Hey let's play this generic flight sim and pretend I'm Tom Cruise haha
>I was just a child when the stars fell from the skies, but I remember how we built a cannon to destroy them
>And in turn, how that cannon brought war upon us.
>War was an abstract idea, nothing more than a show on TV
>As a child, I always saw it as happening on some faraway land.
>Until on that final day of summer...
Wait what

Attached: 1498108718438.jpg (302x167, 10K)

I hope you die for chosing bird over cage

You've lost the game

Nah, playing it on psone.

Attached: psJuan.jpg (480x360, 15K)

I grabbed the pic off google (but I still picked bird lmao)

I wanted her to fly FREE!

>tfw ruined my first silent hill 2 experience by playing it on hard
It felt like they didn't even playtest it

I liked the last line the game ends on. Aside from that, I didn't like MP2's story all that much.

If you played it before jewtube and ign walkthroughs, SH2 was hard as FUDGE to complete, just because of all the wandering but it's all part of the immersion

It left me fucking SEETHING after being played for a fool.

Attached: ThisMakesYouAngry.jpg (480x360, 35K)

Mgs3: First game to make me cry
Silent hill 2: First game to make me think deeper than surface level about a games story
Silent hill 3: First game to legitimately scare me and give me nightmares
Lost in Vivo: The best horror game of the past decade (PT is amazing but its still a demo), its also nowhere near as popular as it should be.

Attached: liv.jpg (616x353, 305K)

Attached: Diesel%2Fproduct%2Fkestrel%2FEpic_DonutCounty_PrimaryPromo-2580x1450-d6accfe76f065714aad0d6a83d59682 (2580x1450, 434K)

Attached: cod zombies sound.png (600x600, 832K)

without a doubt

Attached: wander.jpg (233x216, 6K)

Unironically fucked up my psychics and made me fucking afraid of the dark almost for an year. I was at the age of 12 back then.

Also, made me start drawing and attracted me to all the creepy shit.

Attached: Sh3_boxart.jpg (220x275, 13K)

>1 hour mobile game that costs $20
what, did it teach you to not waste your money on worthless shit?

Attached: ellipses.png (536x611, 120K)

>thinking it mattered
>totally missing the point

You are a coward.

Attached: f3ce46a94f.png (2560x1440, 682K)

lmfao, why are anime posters always so based

Attached: xenogears jewelcase.jpg (518x450, 55K)

SH3 is pure hell but the music makes it heaven, it must have fucked up so many kids that game
This. Fear of Rabbits and the color red

Fuck these things
youtube.com/watch?v=w5J7apoX9U8

Attached: 1553552697454.jpg (340x281, 29K)

Strange considering the rabbits did nothing.
and they wont do anything to you either, Josh

based

should I continue playing Vivo? I only got to the first save room

Believe me or not but for the first time I played sh3 I couldn't pass this fucking rabbit at the start for almost an hour. and THAT moment in sh4 almost unironically gave me an heart attack.

Attached: Robbie3.png (250x272, 146K)

Turns out it was all real.

Attached: 220px-Dxcover.jpg (220x273, 19K)

You know it! The creature sounds are just nightmare fuel, godbless ps2 japanese horror

This is a good one too. What a depressing game.

its so good, only about 5 more hours long. Finish it and find all the secrets for one of the scariest, most incredible horror games ever.
play it at midnight and take a closer look at the gamma settings

someone find his address, see if he had a grenade in his toilet.

Attached: hehehe.png (228x228, 67K)

I believe you because neither could I, god scary stuff
It just can't be topped, like going on acid without the rainbows

Old but gold, ruined now

Attached: gears.png (800x950, 645K)

Where’s Lisa the painful

Should be obligatory playing for anyone born in this generation

Attached: header.jpg (460x215, 102K)

Why was Gears of war 1 so fucking good but then the rest were garbage? The 1st art style was incredible and then it went to bright and colorful shit where tdm was the main gametype.

Thank fucking Christ I was born in 92 then.

damn skirt lifts

Humanity has this retarded belief that if they make something great that the next thing needs a drastic 'change' so they fuck up greatness. Same for Tomb Raider

Attached: tr_legend.jpg (1280x960, 221K)

Sh2 as well. Damn, that game broke me to a level I had never experienced, and believe me when i say this, I work with people, I get to know their innermost fears and demons, tragedy over tragedy over tragedy, but somehow this fucking piece of a video game made me more emotional than being face to face with any real person/lunatic, there's something really fucking deep and magical with this whole game that should be taken by humanity as patrimony.

Fortunately, i'ts just vodka user

Once I played Black Fairy while on acid, do (not) give it a try

Attached: 1444084208992.gif (500x333, 1.22M)

I'm not your Mary!

Meh the lack of character limbs turn me off a bit but I'll stick with it I guess. I chose it over Darkwood.

I think this game is pretentious garbage, first one had better combat, better puzzles and better atmosphere

>millennial

you're included contrarian faggot

Actually made me think if I would fuck my daughter if I were to have one, even to this day I'm not sure what I would've done in Takuya's situation. On one hand it's fucking wrong morally and biologically, but on the other she doesn't know that, to her love is love and she doesn't have the same morals as I would, hell tomorrow may even be her last day alive.

Real eye opening stuff to be quite honest.

Attached: 1537298364854.jpg (480x360, 101K)

I'm ready to get a bucket of shit to my face but I liked Momodora series so hard that have started learning visual arts after it.

Attached: capsule_616x353 (1).jpg (616x353, 90K)

that fucking change in tone and almost literal change in character as they have the same voice actor, GOD its so good.

First person I've ever seen to hate on SH2. Very interesting, did it bore you?

go play saya no uta so you stop thinking about this shit

Attached: aaaaaaaaa.png (695x564, 218K)

Damn good actress. Was I the only one that wanted to fuck Maria the entire game? kek I know

saya no uta doesn't have incest though

Nah but after I finished sh1 it felt like a massive disappointment, it was too easy and the environments looked too samey, don't even wanna begin to talk about extremely awkward and cringy cut scenes, they could have done a lot more with the ps2's power. Game's overrated as fuck but everyone is too afraid to admit it.

Nah I did.

Attached: Maria.jpg (800x559, 18K)

it does if u pretend hard enough

Attached: dfisgustingh.png (494x586, 255K)

I had goosebumps immediately, shit was perfectly done, got me surprised a lot

Makes sense since I believe she was designed to be somehow erotic.Shit, I just remember I named my cat Maria just because of sh2, but now reading your post things just got weird

that games aesthetic is too fucked and disgusting for me to want to fuck anything involved with it
I did wanna fuck angela bc i thought it was cute how childish she was until THAT scene...

>FFX confirmed my atheism
>Suda51 introduced me to shrooms

>or do acid

Drop out of college and complain about wages

Next time there's fog in your town, you need to fuck your Cat, you can do it user!

Stop posting this little jerk.

you sound like such an interesting, cool person, id love to hang out with you!

Attached: holding it in.jpg (500x375, 18K)

idk who tf that is i dont watch anime i just use this site to collect reaction images

Attached: THE ENTIRE EGG.gif (360x346, 648K)

There can be no counter argument to this

On this one occasion, of many occasions, I'd be 100% sure that you'd be definitely doing the right thing!

Attached: silent_hill_2_alt_brookhaven..gif (1403x1171, 72K)

Check that scene out with new cast from that HD collection and see how bad it is.

>i dont watch anime
Kill yourself you fucking faggot.

whats the best way of experiencing all the endings to silent hill games... i dont want to look up how to get them and have them ruined for me. ive gotten
SH- harry died in the car accident
SH2- drowning
SH3- havent finished it yet, just unlocked the third floor of the hospital.
should i just keep replaying them and exploring more and more?

Tales of Legendia.

Attached: newnagames.jpg (3264x2448, 2.19M)

After my first playthrough which took a while to finish I just spoiled all the endings because it will take you hours and hours to see them all, SH2 has at least 5 endings just google how to get them

dont know about 1 but for 2, play it on easy and dont get hurt alot, check certain items in your inventory often, be careful around maria, wait in the last hallway for the whole monologue, dont read the letter on top of the hospital, dont check the headphones in the hotel
Silent hill 3 only has 2 real endings, the normal one and the bad one you only get if you replay and kill nearly every single enemy in the game. Dont worry about multiple endings, just finish that game because its amazing. Theres also the ufo and dog endings for all 3. Silent hill 2 has the most endings (7 i think?) and if you really wanna know just look them up cos otherwise youll have to replay the whole game a ton doing different things.

Replay them only if you genuinely want to. Don't force yourself to play them over and over just to see 1 or 2 new cutscenes. That's shit you can just watch on youtube anyway.

Attached: 1552178485022.png (398x384, 168K)

I dont think any video game "changed" me forever. Whatever that means. I just like video games. Saying a game changed you forever is gay as fuck & just tells me you need to get an actual life.

Attached: 1528565102531.jpg (1037x1200, 354K)

you sound like such an interesting, cool person, id love to hang out with you!

Attached: kek.png (1920x1080, 83K)

Attached: Silent Hill 2.png (920x920, 679K)

Shower with your dad simulator

Okami was the first and sadly only time I ever considered a videogame art. And no I don;t mean the sumi-e shit.

Attached: 5ba34735eefcb.jpg (717x941, 143K)

You haven't played Silent Hill then

Attached: 1550811560458.jpg (195x377, 32K)

Attached: vtmb.jpg (560x293, 40K)

>ctrl+f
>no lost odyssey
>no dragon's dogma
shit thread

Sometimes I feel empty when I finish a game.

But none of them have really changed me.

SR2 and Defiance, specifically

Attached: 1508516039729.jpg (480x480, 29K)

What life changing lessons did you learn from dragons dogma?

wolves hunt in packs

Bad shit doesn't need a reason to happen.
If a situation is too good to be true someone wants something from you.
Don't be a pawn.
Even those that manipulate others are being controlled by a greater force, whether they know it or not.
Being on top of the world isn't all it's cracked up to be.
No matter how much effort is put in to prevent it, history will repeat itself.
Goblins ill like fire.

That all roads lead to Gran Soren, d'uh

this cunny "movement" needs to die before it spreads further. Go find a girlfriend, stay away from humanity, or kill yourself, you piece of genetic trash

Cry of Fear changed me. I could emphasise with the protagonist of this game and I knew how he felt. This game is very underrated and overlooked. Don't let the graphics, animations and voice acting turn you away from this game. The story is similiar to, but better than Silent Hill and more tragic once you realize what's happening. And that OST is perfect! It really captures the madness and depression of the protagonist! youtube.com/watch?v=rpyQSFtfLuE

Attached: Cry of Fear.jpg (900x464, 41K)

Two games. Call of Duty 2: Big Red one for Gamecube, and this gem.

The first is what got me into the shooter genre, but also gave me my second favorite interest, History. Since then I've learned much about the war, wars of the past, politics, the story of the Cold War, the Soviet Union's history interests me (Looking at invasion of Finland here), and I enjoy many hilarious History stories.

Bioshock was a whole different candle though. Before this game, I never really appreciated writing in gaming. I was basically a kid and just enjoys things like Call of Duty on gamecube and playstation, and shit on N64 and Gamecube. I enjoyed cutscenes as like mini movies, but nothing else.

Bioshock though, made me appreciate what art can really do for a game outside of looking pretty. The Art Deco of an Cold War era Atlantis, filled with the stories of it's people (true in audio logs but still tell a interesting story of life in Rapture), and I think my favorite part, giving the enemies character. Instead of being mumbling monsters, they're just sad junkies that were once normal people. Either lost in their addled state, delusional, or in full knowing of their situation. The fun I had hacking every gun turret and camera, and seeing the timer go off while I'm in a different part of the level just brings a smile to my face. Shame to see Bioshock Infinite shit on that a bit, but I still love Columbia's design no matter what.

Void Bastards is a pretty cute modern mini-bioshock. Except while the story is short, and barely there, it's still solid for using it's base on Douglas Adam's esque writing, voice acting, and art design.

Attached: BioShock_cover.jpg (318x400, 164K)

best game posted

It's been as spread as it gets long before you were born, zoomer tranny faggot bitch.

Life is strange made me realize i love cute and pure lesbians that live in american small town

Gothic 2 NOTR made me realize no other 3rd person RPG will ever be as great or take the no. 1 spot as my favorite

The Witcher 3 made me realize no other game will feel so complete and fulfilling at the end

Mass Effect made me realize no other game world will ever be as great

Dark Souls 3 made me realize no other game's soundtrack will ever be so beautiful

Attached: comment_S7pT9V1MoUGb8stwbyegA9CDS412ceGU.jpg (3840x2160, 3.52M)

F-fuck...

>MGS1
I was a bit too young to learn much from it other than humbleness because Meryl freaked out about Snake being a legend and he was having none of it
>MGS2
Made me question the powers that be. Note quite redpilled but it was the start
>MGS3
"Our enemies are human beings like us. They can only be our enemies in relative terms" stuck with me
>MGS4
Not sure I learned much. I just felt with Snake, as a gamer™® I felt as old as him.
>MGSV
Made me even more bitter and even more jaded, thanks

Let's see...

Pokemon (Gold) gave me a special kind of autism for customizable combat experiences that lead me to love deck building games.

Final Fantasy Tactics/Tactics Ogre/X-Com made me love army management and large scale tactical battles and got me into tabletop war games.

Deus Ex/Thief 1+2 made me love immersive sims so much that most games pale in comparison to the kind of experience I wish they could deliver and made me start running and playing table top RPGs more than playing video games.
Dudesex also started my love of Sci-fi and passion for reading.

Silent Hill 1/2 made me always look for implied meta plot in themes and motifs and not just in games.

Indigo Prophecy made me realize how much I love schlock and batshit crazy so-bad-its-good media.

Tales of Eternia made me just admit I like action rpg combat so long as the story is good and stop being a snob about tactics.

Shadow of the Collosus made me realize I will tolerate a LOT just for atmosphere and that I love combat-as-a-puzzle game design that I use in a lot of my tabletop RPGs that I GM.

Dark Souls made me understand that the community around the game and between me and my friends in our sense of discovery is sometimes as vital to my enjoyment of the game as the game itself.

Witcher 3 made me understand open world games don't have to be garbage and can be thoroughly well crafted experiences.

Attached: 3649586a5b4ac934c988d792df511d92.jpg (500x689, 33K)

MGS4's message was that if it ain't broke don't fix it, which goes against the message of MGS1 and 2 to fight for what you believe in. It was supposed to display how Snake is too old for this shit.

now I like girls (male)

Attached: sg.jpg (1158x1158, 356K)

The incredible design and still unsurpassed gameplay of this game made me into a bitter cunt who spent two decades complaining that pac-man with boss fights and cringe anime characters became synonymous with the concept of stealth despite being unrelated just because the former was on PC and the latter was on the hot new console.

Attached: TDP.png (800x1006, 755K)

A legend of zelda rip off should not be considered art in any way and i actually like okami but its not really different from other games it just looks good

Cry of Fear is also great if you happen to be from one of the Nordic countries because it's set in Sweden and the environments look very familiar.

nigger and kikepilled
quality and oldculturepilled

Breath of the Wild

only 2 games had an ending that fucked me up, and rule of rose was one of them
the other was nier because all they had to do was stop

Killer7
It even influenced my fetishes

>James... You made me happy

Jesus, man

Attached: broken.png (716x537, 525K)

Shut the fuck up you obnoxious bitch, this is probably the worst post on this board at this moment.

Attached: 1560551767689.jpg (840x866, 41K)

Aside from influencing my taste in horror and art direction it also sparked my fetish for girls with short hair, so there’s that

There is a blatant tranny porn thread up at the moment so sadly not the worst post.

RE2, it was the epitome of cool when it came out, it changed me forever.

Attached: resident_evil_2.png (1920x1080, 977K)

You should play Afraid of Monsters too if you haven't already, earlier game made by the same guy.

far cry 5

>cunny
Just say you’re a degenerate pedophile, don’t try to sugarcoat it.

Cry of Fear is fucking great game but not for the story which is terribly told, the game shines in recreating a realistic city, excellent atmosphere and somewhat intricate big puzzlebox vibe a la Resident Evil/Silent Hill.

Pedos aren't """"""old culture""""" lmao you fucking autist, you would always have been treated as a weirdo

>Pyramid head died because I hit him with a sword, bruh

Attached: 1556672215602.jpg (707x682, 81K)

>What do you want in life?
>happy
>happy is not an option , you got the be a player.
If you want psychological horror play this, 3 different endings.

Attached: 144327-the-suffering-ties-that-bind-playstation-2-front-cover.png.jpg (800x1128, 227K)

it was part of humanity all along, dipshit - read history of any culture ever. sweet innocense and happiness are the most attractive features a woman can have and young teen girls are amalgamation of that

Attached: transistor-listing-thumb-01-ps4-us-22may14.png (1422x800, 1.81M)

Metal Gear is the only real philosophical game.

I changed my career path because of this game and haven't had a single regret

Always had that shit idea in my head that people being better at something than me was just a result of natural talent. I liked this game enough that I bothered with its harder additional content (Path of Pain and all the Godmaster stuff), which I normally wouldn't have touched, and it made me realize it was all about being a persistent fuck and not giving up. After this game I started replaying many others and always trying to challenge myself with the optional, more challenging content and beating it. In general I now am aware that anything I want to get to just needs hard work from me and I no longer make excuses saying someone else just has more talent for it than me. It's retarded that I needed a video game to really drive home the point I had been hearing for ages but never really believed, but whatever.

Attached: 722ae9a8bcadd5ca2b87b687d341d8a8_original.jpg (688x519, 109K)

What was it before and what did you change it to?

understandable.

I got that from Sekiro.

It sounds cliche but you’d be really surprised how much you can accomplish if you just set your mind to it and are persistent. Some things are obviously harder then others/require more time but nothing ever feels out of reach. So many people don’t really put effort into most things so even just trying a little bit puts you ahead of the curve.

Made me ask myself existential questions I never thought about.

Attached: Planescape.jpg (448x419, 35K)

>mfw

Attached: that's impossible.jpg (480x323, 157K)

Definitely. Since that change of mentality I took back on developing my drawing skills and my violin skills, which I at some tried to pick up but gave up when I saw failure. It feels good to be able to cultivate these things without caring anymore about how long it'll take me to get proficient at them, because I know I'll get there eventually, and simply enjoying the ride day by day.

Attached: 1556593264482.jpg (1173x1100, 104K)

Great games.

>rule of rose was one of them
I get you, user. If you immersed yourself in it enough, it really feels almost like saying goodbye to your close friend or a loved one.

Shove your fake morality up your AIDS ridden ass. Don't forget to pull out your boyfriend's black shit stained cock beforehand.

Not really but it was the first game I played that was inspired by so much real-world stuff it felt completely set apart from everything I'd played till that point. It got plenty "right" too because Pacotti and Spector did their best to infuse the game world with the sum of what they knew about technological development, futurism, in addition to all the world events, systems, power politics, etc. in a way no game had done before (afaik).

Attached: 1520287350811.jpg (811x940, 226K)

Good to hear user, chipping away at things a little each day is really the way to go. Another thing that people don’t really understand is the concept of focused practiced, in still pretty bad at it myself, but it can be really easy half ass what you’re doing and then still say you’re giving 100% I think as long as you are actually trying you can succeed eventually. Also did you perchance draw that picture of NKG?

Well they weren't wrong.
This in-game doc reminds me of the Council of Foreign Relations "talk" on combating Yea Forums (the CoFR was also mentioned in the game as being apart of the globalist cabal).
youtube.com/watch?v=wu64HP-PL40

Truth is stranger than fiction.

Attached: joan the hutt.jpg (225x224, 5K)

Attached: fed.png (800x533, 433K)

Same, especially when you kill your human self, get the sword and become immortal.

Attached: 23e1a84336ab254fe6bc9f1b017b002b_1920_KR.jpg (800x450, 53K)

Seriously, what the fuck does it have to do with fedora? You're so fucking new it's infuriating. Fuck off to whatever shithole you crawled out of before you found this place.

>Also did you perchance draw that picture of NKG?
Ah, I wish. Nah, my skills aren't on the level that I could draw that yet. One day, though.

I tried to imitate this guy and my voice got deeper FOREVER

Attached: 83-1554179603-1003441994[1].jpg (1848x926, 1.35M)

This. MGS2 is truly the deepest game ever made, it can change you into a whole new person.

are you underage?

Played this around the time my dad died and had been losing his mind to Alzheimer's for years and it really brought home mortality or the brevity of life for some reason. I was already a big point & click and LucasArts fan but this was something else.

Attached: Grim_Fandango_artwork.jpg (220x293, 25K)

Attached: fe.gif (312x250, 1.9M)

Keep grinding user

Fedorashit ceased meaning anything when the meme was even still actually used around 2013

Very inspiring to hear. I went through this at a young age back when I tried being competitive with LoL in season 2. Since then I just feel like I can do anything if I set my mind to it. I learned to draw, learned new languages, started coding. So keep up the good work user!!

Attached: uhiij,mjk.png (200x197, 64K)

Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri

Attached: miriam.png (1319x371, 27K)

NieR: Replicant is the big one for me. I played SH2/3 as well growing up but maybe because I wasn't able to truly appreciate and understand it that it didn't stick with me.

Other games that did it for me were
Yume Nikki
FF10
MGS2
Drakengard
& Majoras mask.

Majoras mask fucked me up as a kid. The concept of time scared the shit out of me for some reason, and just knowing time was constantly ticking left me tense as hell.

Attached: 3b2.jpg (600x638, 22K)

nice OST right there

Three year olds know that kinda shit. How did you go your entire life thinking that putting in effort made zero difference? You sound like the kinda person to forget how to breathe.