What is the most fun game series to troll? I am nominating DQ. The fans are so sensitive to every little thing...

What is the most fun game series to troll? I am nominating DQ. The fans are so sensitive to every little thing, it is like trying to break autistic children's habits.

What other fans are fun to troll.

Attached: dqxi_panel_us.jpg (1437x1788, 477K)

Dragon quest is the most reddit series ever and I'm glad more people like me are trolling it so hard. How the fuck did reddit quest get into smash over fucking issac?

I like that they always fall back onto the "muh original jrpg!" "Sqeenix hates it and never advertises it! That is why it doesn't sell!" I almost feel bad for how pathetic they are.

DQ fans are too autistic to endure the wraith of smashfags

Attached: 1465693409454.jpg (600x683, 33K)

Pokemon EASILY at this point.

Glad to finally have a thread filled with based people. Reddit Quest BTFO. We should have more hate threads on this shitty series.

I hope fans of actually wanted characters destroy all reddit quest threads after their reddit series gets special treatment before them.

Go be underage somewhere else.

Movie games

Reddit Quest fan detected. How do you think about your reddit series getting hated by based and redpilled people like us?

Reddit quest fans still outshine them.

You can summon DQfans even. Proving the sensitive point to the t.

I have never played a dragon quest game but am kind of curious to check out 11 cause it looks super generic but in a comfy sort of way? Is it just standard kill god/ your dad JRPG shit or something else?

At least movie games have a decent story, the fans of them know the games aren't that great either. Good try though user.

Yea Forums just needs to be deleted.

Are you fucking 12 years old? Seriously who fucking openly admits to trolling?
Oh wait, you're a smash fag. Of course you are 12.

Attached: D8zw9pgWwAcCYFv.jpg (679x382, 57K)

Who uses the word troll? Go back to memebase.

BURN!
Reddit quest fans literally cant recover from dat shit.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand you summoned another 1!

>Is it just standard kill god/ your dad JRPG shit or something else?
Nope not in the slightest. If thats what your standard is then Dragon Quest is not generic at all.

Summer was a fucking mistake

Attached: -NaDndjz_400x400.jpg (400x400, 23K)

>Calling anyone else "autistic children" while making a thread on 4channel
>About trolling of all things

Attached: 1523911767064.png (334x229, 10K)

I know you're trying to be funny or le epic trigger man, but it's just annoying.

Smashfags are literal reddltors

@468364273 Thanks for the free (you) faggot

Attached: 1420631157352.jpg (674x505, 75K)

A thread died for this pointless post.

And more reddit quest fans reer there ugly heads. Your thread is being proven right OP!

>Is it just standard kill god/ your dad JRPG shit or something else?
Not at all. Also, it's the closest you'll get to the feeling of a Chrono Trigger game in the modern day. Since the core DQ team worked on Chrono Trigger. Well, more accurately, Dragon Quest VII and VIII feel more like Chrono Trigger. Dragon Quest XI feels more like Chrono Cross.

Attached: 1536969091252.jpg (1403x1978, 317K)

>your thread

user
pls
just stop
delete this thread
and walk away

>What other fans are fun to troll
Street Fighter 4 players. They are like muslims, totally radicalized. Most of them are so unhappy they never moved onto another fighting game.

That tummy just gave me chills

Final Fantasy. The fanboys of 7 are especially ripe for it considering all the shit their precious remake has been getting.

The most offensive thing you can say to Dragon Quest fans is the following:

"Your series would be about as popular as Tales if it did not have the Dragon Ball art style."

They know that this art style is the only reason the series has an identity. The day they start making DQ games without Akira Toriyama's art style because he died in real life or something, it's game over.

That's not trolling, though. The games are genuinely low effort trash.

What a fucking retard.

Smashfags. It's honestly amazing how many people crawl out of the woodwork to defend or whine about a single game on a single system, and you know for sure that every single one is a petulant manchild. They are the most fun to troll because they're EVERYWHERE, and none of the agree with each other either. All you need to do is say " He/she/it's in!" and you'e guaranteed replies.

Attached: 1561139603056.jpg (636x870, 71K)

You KNOW they're going to be absolutely torn apart the moment they show up with only 2 songs

>ironically or unironically playing the same children's game 11 seperate times
>thinking that being simple and generic Saturday moving cartoon is a selling point and not just a giveaway of your autism

Attached: purposefully retarded.jpg (1224x1445, 125K)

These. DQ has nothing going for it and is literally the reddit of jrpgs.

I don't really get why or how you think that would be offensive to anyone...
>if dragon quest didn't have such good art direction it wouldn't be as popular!
Uh yeah duh

Toriyama's art style did set the tone. But what made the series popular was Dragon Quest setting the standard for advertising. This is how Dragon Quest games were able to match Mario levels of sales on the NES. Yet there were lots of other games Toriyama worked on that never reached that level of popularity.

Also, Toriyama has a whole crew of assistants who already take over a lot of his design duties. So even if he died, they could continue his style just fine.

The thing that really makes Dragon Quest unique is Yuji Horii's writing and oversight. The series will die when he does.

Loq quality thread, but Persona 5, FFVII, any JRPG with waifuism debate has a shitty and thin-skinned fanbase.

Also i do suggest you play DQV on the DS though if you haven't, that one was actually pretty good.

Summer's in full session boys

We don't need to wait long for Horii's death. He's not looking lively. And imagine a world after Akira Toriyama dies? Would you really accept a bunch of imitators and fakes pretending to be him and drawing up his style or worse pretenders continuing Dragon Ball projects with him dead? I already reject that pile of shit Dragon Ball Super. The art is junk (especially in the anime version) and the writing is real bad. I'm done with Dragon Ball and I just wish the world would also move on.

Ugh I can't wait until Oda from One Piece creates a new series for Square Enix titled One Quest or Quest Piece. And it uses his art style and we start the cycle all over again for people to eat up like sheeps.

>I don't know anything besides memes I've heard on Yea Forums

Almost all JRPG's suck. I say almost because while I've never played a good one, I'm willing to give the benefit of the doubt. The genre is designed for children and autists on a fundamental level.

Play Xenoblade 1 or Chrono Trigger then, those were very enjoyable to me, but i have wide tastes for things, i think they stick out though.

>OP tries to bait the DQ fanbase
>the fanbase doesn't respond
Better try a Final Fantasy thread. They're a lot easier to provoke.

Honestly I think his art style is pretty shit to be honest. Everyone looks almost exactly the same. I also don't think any of his monster designs are good. I might have given the series a try if it didn't have him doing the art.

>Now your average generic RPG? Those take longer than Pokemon.
>all JRPGs are the same
Holy shit OP, stop posting. You just keep proving with each post how you know absolutely nothing about what you're talking about.

JRPGs are one of Yea Forums's most hated genres for a reason. You explained why quite eloquently and detailedly but sadly weebs won't listen because waifus.

Can't wait for him to die next year so reddit quest can die!

>Not breath of the wild
Saying anything remotely negative about BoTW caused multiple threads full of asshurt for months.

Attached: 1534864826928.png (721x305, 52K)

Try Skies of Arcadia user. That is a pretty great jrpg with a fun story, great adventure and a solid cast. It is the last truly great jrpg I have ever played.

CDProjekt fans. Not a series but their fanboys defend everything that the company makes.
Pic related makes them quake in fear when they see it in Cyberpunk threads.

Attached: ac02-APR-Shazam.jpg (1200x675, 68K)

You are very right, you can't start with BOTW though because it will just devolve into shitting on them. DQ doesn't have enough western fans to raise much of a fuss, no matter how autistic they are.

DQ fans are autistic, you're right.
But BoTW is like weaponized autism.
Check the archives if you want.

Attached: 1515016037448.jpg (620x592, 48K)

>Jokes on them, I was only pretending to be retarded!

Dead or dying niche games are the best to troll. People will come out of the woodwork to defend them because the threads are rare and they're sore that the game has gone down the shitter. Examples like Gigantic and Bloodline Champions comes to mind.

Extremely obvious samefag.

>he got banned and all his posts deleted
lmao

Pathetic, isn't it?

Almost any other series will generate more anger and defensive posting than Dragon Quest. In fact, most of the "Dragon Quest" complaining has been from Smash Bros fags or contrarians mad that Dragon Quest is getting popular. And they are arguing with each other while actual Dragon Quest fans just point out their inaccuracies.

>People will come out of the woodwork to defend them because the threads are rare and they're sore that the game has gone down the shitter.
We've had more DQ threads in the last year than the previous decade combined. Because of idiots like OP and you who keep making them.

>like a series
>some retard says some dumb shit about
>people call him a retard
>"wow so autistic! XD"

Zoomers cant troll

People are still seething over breath of the wild.

Attached: 1490742653561s.jpg (99x125, 2K)

Why do you say DQ is getting popular? They are still bitching and moaning that people just don't get the games and that everyone else is wrong if they don't like them. Seriously even BOTW fags can accept people don't like the game.

Dragon Quest is getting more popular in the west because of Smash Bros and actual support from the parent company. You're just going to have to accept it. No amount of claiming the series is dead is going to make it so.

Imagine liking Golden Sun

99% of jrpg's contain the following

>gameplay is either simplified turn-based strat or simplified action
>characters are completely cookie-cutter nip tropes
>story is often childish or nonsensical with little logic found in the flow of events or character actions
>game actively incentivizes you to grind or farm to overcome plateaus in lieu of improving your skills or tactics.
>progression that is linear and can be summed up with "x value increased by y". Very limited sense of lateral progression in the sense of gaining meaningful abilities outside of bigger fireball dmg, better debuff penalties, or etc. Player involvement is typically limited and devoid of creativity.
>limited player agency in plot or character progression

I understand that there are outliers but the vast majority of jrpgs contain these basic elements, which, as I've stated, make them especially popular for children and autists.

Soulsborne. I mean they are trash games.

Monster Hunter or DMC, easily

>The genre is designed for children and autists on a fundamental level.
You mean like every video game ever made?

i havent seen any trolling. i saw one guy complain about saber not listening in 5, which couldve been a troll, or just a faggot who cant into games.

if theres been trolling then i havent seen it, or its off topic or filled with filtered buzzwords, which i wouldnt see in the first place.

what the fuck could you even use to troll dairy queen? say its not good?

Why would anyone shit on Dairy Queen? They make some good blizzards. What's your favorite flavor?

That's not trolling if they're already fucking garbage games

obvious samefag assblasted over no fag Sora in Smash
fuck Dairy Queen though

kacrackle

Maybe an earthquake will strike Japan again around a direct so that you can speculate on his chances once more.

>Why do you say DQ is getting popular?
Dragon Quest games are already popular in Japan. In the west, they're already one of the top selling JRPG series, with better sales than pretty much any JRPG series besides FF, Souls or Pokemon. And that's with almost no marketing support. Now, SquareEnix has finally woken up and they're marketing Builders and Dragon Quest XI. And Nintendo is adding a character to Smash. It's not hard to see the series is going to increase in popularity. It may not surpass FF or Souls, but it will still increase. From a point where it's already known enough to get contrarian trolling from the general public, as this thread shows.

>They are still bitching and moaning that people just don't get the games and that everyone else is wrong if they don't like them.
Literally never seen a DQ fan say this. Are you sure you're not confusing Dragon Quest fans with Final Fantasy fans? The "you just don't understand it" defense is used in almost every FFVII or VIII debate. But no DQ fan thinks a DQ game is too complex to be understood.

>Seriously even BOTW fags can accept people don't like the game.
So can DQ fans. We won't accept when people spout off false generalizations like "the games never evolve" or "the music director is xenophobic" and so on. All junk that has been proven wrong a decade ago, but people still keep spouting it.

Attached: 1405226834364.jpg (500x521, 262K)

>99% of WRPGs all have the same tropes and combat
>99% of platformers games all have the same tropes and combat
>99% of cinematic games all have the same tropes and combat
And so on.

>What other fans are fun to troll.

Souls, Smash and Undertale fans. They're the holy triumvirate of easy-to-piss-off fanbases.

Nothing will top Soulsborne in how easy is to troll the shit out of the fans. Literally just mentioning Dark Souls 2 or saying the series is a JRPG makes you get an angry reply.

They key difference is that you can make a cookie cutter platformer or fps and still have a decent game. JRPG's are typically flawed to the core

>yeah b-but JRPGs suck so it's different!

Correct. I'm glad you get it

Xenoblade 2 fags believe that there is only one person who finds characters and humour in this game retarded and cringe and they always blame their boogeyman for every bad opinion about Xenoblade 2
This actually looks like a mental illness

if you reply you're mad!!

Attached: jrpg tier.png (1164x805, 73K)

Unironically based

Dragon Quest is a comfy series and the fan base is one of the best out there. Why all the hate? Is it because the fans are so helpful and non confrontational that you feel jealous?

Attached: 1242460985723.png (450x600, 426K)

Yea Forums fans

>>Epic trolling xd
Go back to 9gag, fag.

Attached: Kc7O9fk.jpg (832x1200, 201K)

>he says while posting One Cringe

This. Fucking this. /vp/ is a shithole. They will defend any garbage that gamefreak makes no matter how bad. Fuck pokemon.

Attached: 1558048380035.jpg (3779x4665, 2.99M)

Video games are designed for children on a fundamental level, mature rated games especially as literally being designed to make the 12 year old feel cool playing a video game.

You just sound insecure that other people like something you can't understand. Pathetic

Obvious samefag thread, but the true answer is Breath of the Wild. Not Zelda as a whole but BotW. Funnily enough you can insult the shit out of all the other Zelda games and no one cares. It's like pic related.

Attached: botw.png (500x661, 141K)

WRPG people. Dozens of angry autistic replies to any post that says a game they like is not a masterpiece or that a Japanese game is better than it.

Honestly though, I finished Dragon Quest 11 and I just don’t get it. Is the attraction to the series that it’s painfully mediocre and generic? There was a lot I liked, the battle system was fun and I liked the world building. But the music and writing/characters were awful. Especially the music. It’s so fucking bad. It takes the tension out of any scene. Is 11 just a bad one?

Warhammer 40K, the overreact to fucking EVERYTHING.

I'd fuse Pleb and Good and put it as Okay, but other then that it is pretty spot on actually. Replying because it is a good list. I like games in all tiers but can see the points to why they are placed where they are.

The music in IX is not as memorable as the earlier games. A lot of it is remixes of past songs, trying to revive the feel of earlier DQ games. The characters and story were fine in my opinion. Though I liked the characters in IV, V, VII and VIII more.

I actually feel that Dragon Quest XI stuck a little too close to standard Shounen tropes. Where a lot of the earlier DQ games put a twist or went full blown opposite of the expected tropes. But if every game in a series flipped tropes on their head, then it would become predictable.

Dragon Quest XI is also trying to keep to the tone of Dragon Quest I-III, for plot reasons. So it having common tie ins and tropes actually makes sense. It might be more enjoyable for people who have already played those earlier DQ games. But I don't know, because there's a lot of people who started with DQXI as their first DQ game and are in love with it. So it may just not be your thing. Try Dragon Quest V or VIII, which have very different stories and flip a lot of cliches XI uses.

Attached: 1559862839557.jpg (1200x1714, 883K)