ITT: Games that feel like they have barely started 20+ hours in

ITT: Games that feel like they have barely started 20+ hours in

Attached: DAO.jpg (616x353, 48K)

Ehhh, just seeing that picture I'm already reminded of the fucking fade, that slow dwarven place, that mage tower where apparently your choices didn't matter much.

But DAO is 30 hour game at best.

Call of Duty
LoL
Anthem

FF XIII

It's a good game

I drop a game if it doesn't start in an hour.

yeah it's not that long. Standard bioware rpg length even when doing a completionist run

>Slow Dwarven place
What?

witcher 3 i guess

I've started The Witcher 3 and it feels like that. Just rescued Dandelion and I don't really feel like I've made it halfway through. For all I know, I have, but I still don't feel like I've done much apart from fuck around doing everything but the MQ. Hitting 60hrs now, so hopefully there's still a bunch to do. Haven't touched Skelle yet or the DLC areas.

The main plot quests feel like side-quests, as the threat you are introduced to at the beginning takes a sideline to doing favors for random people. Everything happens in the first and third act which makes the game feel longer than it is. They should not have gone with the non-linear questing desu, you can see vestigial traces of a more streamlined and narrative focused game in the way the Redcliff quest feeds in to the Mage quest and from there to the Sacred Ashes quest if you should choose to play it that way.

Was I the only person who loved the Deep Roads?

Was that the underground place where all the darkspawn came from?
That was my favorite area desu. Seemed really cool and could have been a neat place to explore, but it was all of like one mission.

Skellige is a major and beautifull area with subjectively some of the best sidequests
Hearts of Stone is best expansion if it comes to story
Blood and Wine is kind of a better witcher 1

I really enjoyed them too. It was one of the few parts where it felt like you were doing actual grey warden shit and not trying to resolve other people's personal affairs. I loved the feeling of arriving at the dead trenches, this massive deamonic fortress, and realising that holding the line there is just everyday life for the Dwarves.

I didn't mean to say that I'm avoiding them, I just feel like there's still a shit ton of stuff still to do in Velen/Novi and there's not really a good time to stop and check those places out.
There's not a level cap in this game is there? I'm level 22 and there's still a bunch of shit in the skill trees that I haven't unlocked yet. I'm not expecting to get all of them, but I'm gonna be pissed if it caps at 30 or something.

No level cap, tho it gets harder to progress in time
In Toussaint you will get new ways to progress and option of redoing your build
The only downside is that when you level up and come back to do some quests in Velen you're slaying major bosses like madman

Does the level scaling option help at all for that? I'm playing on hard, and while the early game was kind of difficult to get started, now I'm tearing through enemies since I'm over-leveled for most of the areas in Velen and Novigrad.
Sucks about quests though, 1 or 2 levels over and you get 1xp and 10 gold.

In theory if you want the challenge you should go for contracts as soon as you're in the place,but I honestly enjoyed investigation more than actual fights
Even if you max everything out in Velen and Novigrad you will find challenge later on, don't burn out on question marks tho, Skellige is amazing expierience, music,visuals,folklor all is amazing

Thanks man, I'll head there next time.
I'm really enjoying the game. Been putting off the series for too long. Really solid all around, though the 3rd has been pretty good. One of those games that seems to value your time. Not many of those anymore.

More memorable than those elf ruins or wherever the fuck the werewolves were.

This game. Even after the brotherhood ship shows up shit never feels like it amps up at all. It’s like every single person and instance in this game has no connection at all and everything is just standing completely still until your character gets there. At least New Vegas felt like a world that existed without the protagonist I mean honestly why does anyone stay in the commonwealth? If one soda pop addicted women can travel from Washington D.C to fucking Boston why does anyone stay in a place where the most common topic of discussion is “hey think we’ll be kidnapped murdered and replaced with a robot duplicate today?” What reason does the commonwealth have to exist other than the institute which is just the fucking underpants gnomes but with step one replaced with replace people with robots and step three being WE DUH FUTURE!

K off topic rant over I’ve never played a dragon age game

that's what we call your mom's penis

Fuck me I forgot the damn pic also
>duh butterhood is there to fight the institute
>the railroad is there to fight the institute
>the minute men are there to fight the raiders...and the institute
>all three other factions exist only as an opposer to the institute which never explains its own fucking underpants gnome ass existence I’m gonna prolapse tod Howard with a spoon

Attached: 06D4FC61-B901-458C-AE61-38265D321FBD.jpg (323x433, 22K)

That's funny because the Elf ruins were more memorable then the deeproads.

Arcane Warrior.

Brotherhood?

Xenoblade 2
Mostly because it'll take you about that long to actually grasp everything there is to the combat.

Attached: Salt.gif (458x320, 2.33M)

Played some The Witcher 3 and gave up again after running into another instance of stretching out content. "Before proceeding in Family Matters Geralt must find the Baron's wife Anna, which can only be done by completing the quests Hunting a Witch, Wandering in the Dark and Ladies of the Wood."

Finding the Bloody Baron's daughter has already been like five different quests.

I just want to meet Ciri already and move the story on, dammit.

Then I was going to meet Triss but when I got to her home I find out I have to follow a bunch of thieves and talk to some beggars and there will probably be ten more quests after that before I can talk to her.

Why does The Witcher 3 draw things out so much and have annoying quests like finding someone's lost goat and why do gamers not mind it?

Took us a long time to even get out of Fort Joy

Attached: divinity-original-sin-2.jpg (3840x2160, 2.56M)

I’m talking about fallout 4 I’d forgotten to post a pic though

Am I the only one that felt like DA:O Awakening was severely lacking?

Attached: 48DA5135-4FCF-4F5A-A315-8C294ED23829.png (344x407, 225K)

AC3
I felt like I was still in the tutorial by 30h in, made me drop that pile of shit

Assassins creed Odyssey

It was a 20 bucks expansion

It was lacking in execution but had all the plot threads that were actually interesting or relevant. The darkspawn being expanded on as not just an inversion of all that is good but rather something creepier and more alien was great but has been ignored in all the games afterwards. You also meet Anders who kicks eventually kicks off much of what happens over the next 2 games, although he is introduced as a budget Alistair.