3DS Thread

What are some hidden gems on this? Games people typically don't talk about. Preferably RPG's, Metroidvania's, or Action/Adventure games.

Attached: 2a03a21f-368a-490f-a33f-d70fbd0c0fd2_1.40bb0be1042e7d9fd7820bf7bc72854f.jpg (560x560, 38K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=nIyIYpUDgPk
reddit.com/r/3dspiracy/comments/bt3rru/for_those_of_you_who_use_telegram_i_present_you/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon.

Attached: 10e95fb8790736a2b552912ca9e3bc63.jpg (322x456, 21K)

Attack of the friday monsters

Pocket Card Jockey

Attached: necro no bg.png (1250x1500, 933K)

Codename Steam

7th Dragon VFD is alright I guess

That would be a hidden gem in my book if the battle system didn't frustrate me so much...I want to love that game.

Stella Glow and Return to Popolocrois are great lesser known RPGs on the 3DS.

Attached: beating mosnters and harvesting crops.png (400x318, 284K)

I don't blame you, I enjoyed it but it's easy to lose or trigger overwatch by accident multiple times. I'd also suggest Alliance Alive

Attached: Robbins.png (1047x1189, 194K)

I love that they are giving a Alliance Alive an HD port to the Switch. I just wish they would do the same for Legend of Legacy.

Pic related
>Great turn based squad level tactics game
>Think new X-Com
>Except it was made by Julian Gollop, the creator of classic X-Com

Attached: s-l600.jpg (266x237, 27K)

No such things as hidden gems for the 3DS.

How much UFO Defense is in this game

This fucking game man.

Attached: severed-201642694012_1.jpg (1024x1024, 82K)

Like I said, it's like new X-Com. Basically just take away the base management section and boil it down to the ground combat. For handheld strategy it's actually really good and criminally forgotten. The graphics are fairly bland, but the strategy is solid as hell and does require careful planning multiple turns ahead and every action carries weight.

Fuck that one fight against a two headed dragon with two other wheel faggots while on the clouds, what the fuck were they thinking?!

IF anyone here is interested in a cutesy, pokemon-like game to waste some spare time and not stress over, then try Moco Moco Friends.

Attached: plushie fights.jpg (575x511, 143K)

Fucking Crimson Shroud. One of my favorite games on the system and I never see it mentioned anywhere. It's a fucking Matsuno RPG based on table top games. It's got all the same qualities you'd want from at Matsuno game, while using this really cool aesthetic where the characters are figurines, the maps and areas are all drawn on grid paper, and you perform actions by rolling dice on the bottom screen

It's short but good and I have no clue why no one talks about it

Attached: large.jpg (400x480, 122K)

I kinda ruined my experience with this game because my autism told me to do ALL the dungeons available to me the moment they unlocked, which lead to my monsters being overpowered as all fuck, still an nice game, I should give it a second try but take it far more relaxed this time.

Do they even still make 3ds games or are they only focussed on switch now?

>Metroidvania
weird how there was so little of them when the DS and GBA was the king of the genre in its hayday

>hidden gems

Attached: 1560581717486.jpg (993x986, 55K)

Literally no one ever talks about the game, but Resident Evil The Mercenaries 3D is fun as fuck

Seconding for Pocket Card Jockey
Ninja Smasher
Pushmo / Stretchmo / Crashmo
BoxBoy / BoxBoxBoy / Bye-Bye BoxBoy
Liberation Maiden / Attack of the Friday Monsters / The Starship Damrey
Legend of the Dark Witch 1 / 2 / 3
Fairune / Fairune 2
Witch and Hero I / II / III

And that's just looking over some of my digital games there.

Can confirm this game is fun. Also you should play Virtue's Last Reward op, its the best zero escape game and you can play it without playing the first one.

Attached: 1559328005280.jpg (754x518, 110K)

Only one that comes to mind is Shantae, short but good.

I see a noticeable dearth of 3DS pictures. Post you're 3DS(es), Yea Forums.

Attached: 3ds.jpg (4032x3024, 1.97M)

I'll post my 3DS collection instead.

Attached: 3DS physical collection 6:19.jpg (3155x3435, 3.54M)

No one can tell it's a pretty pink 3DS

Attached: 20190624_162006.jpg (2560x1536, 1.06M)

Did you play through all of those? If so, how were Code of Princess and Hey! Pikmin? I noticed they had middling reviews but was curious as to if they had anything going for them.

Strange Journey Redux
Devil Survivor 1 and 2
SMT
Persona Q 1 and 2
Etrian Odysseey
Stella Glow
Senran Kagura 1 and 2
FE: Shadow of Valentia

>Code of Princess
The Dub is what made that game, the slowdown wasn't a bug, it was a feature for bullet time. Online was unplayable after 10 minutes from launch because everyone just cheesed with Zozo and Gladiator.

>Hey! Pikmin
Side Scrolling platformer with puzzle elements. If you were hoping for a portable version of Pikmin, wait until the Switch version because this sin't it.

Holy FUCK that is a lot of money.
Which one out of the ones listed is your favorite?
From here, I'm split between Miitopia, New Leaf, and Superstar Saga.
Overall great collection. (Minus the fact you're missing the Inside Story remake)

Attached: 1561522192287.png (512x512, 324K)

female cat!

Attached: DSCF0322.jpg (3664x2748, 845K)

>Which one out of the ones listed is your favorite?
Which one out of your collection is your favorite?*

sorry, brain was turned off when writing initially.

Indeed!

Attached: 20190628_024925[1].jpg (2560x1536, 737K)

I don't have a favorite, to many to pick from.

New leaf will get you the most bang for you buck and it'll be different enough from New Horizons that it won't be made obsolete when that comes out next year. Miitopia is a novelty game if you got a decent amount of Miis, where it gets replayability when you use different people and classes. Superstar Saga, I prefer the origianl, but this is good sub if you can't get that, plus the bonus part with Bowser's minions.

Retook the picture for a little better quality.

>Minus the fact you're missing the Inside Story remake
I got a few I'm sitting on. I'm waiting for a sale before I get that. Places like Target and Best Buy have been crafty about their buy 2 get 1 free deals where they don't include 3DS games or first party switch games lately.

Attached: 3DS physical collection 6:19.jpg (3215x3437, 3.73M)

>physical collection of normalfag games
for what purpose?

i had no internets back then until 2o12

Attached: snapshot_04.34_[2016.07.28_07.59.44].png (1920x1080, 3.06M)

underage detected

Kenka Banchou 6 is the correct answer.

>Stella Glow
Cinematic experience tier fps. Battles are kinda slow too.

I tried this a while back, seemed kinda fun at first, but I got to Atlantis and something inside me just decided I wanted nothing to do with the game anymore. Music was baller though.

good taste. Scarlet grace is coming to the west for switch and features more of kawazu's tabletop autism

Miitopia fun game with some difficulty spikes
Story of seasons ToT, the most polished HM on the 3ds it has a good chunk of content

They dumped 3DS production completely. It's a legacy console now.

What is the best flashcart for DS games? My 3DS is already hacked and on latest FW and I'm only lacking in the DS department. Twilight menu++ is not good enough.

Any game that makes a different use of the 3D slider like New Mario 2? Found it amusing that instead of adjusting the depth it adjusts the background blur

So, do you guys think Nintendo will ever come out with an update to remove the Miiverse icon? I mean, they came out with an update to ADD it, so surely they can do the same to get rid of it?

I saw this posted in another thread a while back and looked into it because I love Matsuno games but the tabletop idea really turned me off even though I liked Unlimited Saga. Maybe I'll reconsider.

R4i is the only solution.

>DEFEND HER MAJESTY'S WORDS
what a ride

Attached: 1546223200864.gif (343x284, 933K)

Cute shiki

Right now....Fantasy life, pretty fun and funny strangely enough. Is there any other game with similar job mechanics? I mean like GOOD job mechanics.
Also, the king's backstory to why he's a shota is fucking hilarious.

Attached: fanta.jpg (2000x1225, 1.27M)

Isn't R4i one that works for 3DS stuff too? Sounds like I would be overpaying for features that I don't need. I just want it to work for NDS/DSi and maybe GBA. Like I said, my 3DS is already hacked.

It would still getting support if Piracy didn't rape it and it will go the way of the DS. A huge user base that doesn't matter because everyone steals the games.

If you've got a flashcart, you should definitely play this game.

Attached: 81AC82YBzEL._AC_SL1500_.jpg (1500x1348, 367K)

One of the best games of the console, so full of content, specially with the DLC.

Sega 3D classics
personal favorite is Super Hang-On

Attached: super-hang-on-scrn-2.jpg (254x198, 15K)

youtube.com/watch?v=nIyIYpUDgPk

Attached: pinguim.jpg (1024x768, 122K)

Bump 'cause when this thread dies i'll probably close my 3DS

Holy fuck. Dilate.

This. Tons of people wrote the game off for lack of content. It's a fucking arcade game. The idea is you pick it up for 20 minutes or so, go through a level and try to get a new high score. Playing it online was fun too. I've actually put more time into Mercanaries 3D than I have a bunch of other 3DS games I have.

What you playing, big boy?

A real man's game of course. Mario 3D Land

Attached: 4.png (400x400, 297K)

I see you're just retarded.

No.

Yes, why are you jumping in using reddit buzzwords then?

You're not on /r/trans faggot. Kill yourself.

You're clearly lost newfag

is that way

Any good trading card game?
I heard this one has a lot of cut content outside of Japan.

Attached: ZDC1-VideoGameEU.png (1000x897, 1.69M)

>Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon.
>hidden
god fuck you pokeniggers

oh shiet, it's the hyaku user

Attached: 20190628_101941.jpg (4128x3040, 2.32M)

OP is looking for hidden gems. Not hidden turds.

I see your Strike found its horns

Attached: camila.jpg (1440x1080, 117K)

Can you guys post gbc games that are hidden gems. I love gbc pixel graphics and want to know what to play. Any suggestions? I have 30gb to fill on my 3ds

Golden Sun.

Not really a hidden gem, but by far and away the best 3DS game is KI:U

Oops, that's not a gbc title. Ahhh, Pokemon TCG.
No way bro, those controls are cancer.

does the online store-version of Bravely Default EVER go on sale?

Attached: kirby.jpg (4000x2250, 2.62M)

>the best 3DS game is KI:U
Are you sure about that?

Attached: Here comes the monkey dick!.jpg (1228x1193, 910K)

Go play Stella Glow, it has many problems but it was made with passion

Attached: stella-glow_conceptart_1k6Lh.png (900x633, 457K)

yes, I only realizied about them after the photo lol

dragon ball z legendary super warriors

>Attack of the friday monsters
>Attack of the friday monsters

So much this

I tried it, the game was shit so I dropped it.

I'm left handed and if I can accustom myself to the controls within the first ground level and destroy people with claws online, then you can too.
The controls are great once you get used to them.

Yes. I'd go so far as to say it's the best game Nintendo has made this decade.

Stella Glow is amazing for the characters, story, and music. The gameplay is good, but definitely suffers from being so slow. Elmar is the best.

cute!

Summon Night 1+2

>I'd go so far as to say it's the best game Nintendo has made this decade.
Ah, so you are a disgusting shotafag, MH4U is the best game of the console, play it you fucking casual scum.

Attached: Sergio.png (237x289, 11K)

>gbc
Whoops, thought you meant advance

+3

I've been here since the very first day that 4channel started. it is you who is lost friend.

reddit.com/r/trans

Buh bye and good riddance

MH is cancer on handhelds
I'll stick to Tri Ultimate on Wii U and World on PC

Git gud.

Attached: 1489984365684.png (488x1105, 713K)

gamplay and ai are clunky, but the art, music and character interactions are solid. The plot is so stereotipical it's almost funny, i lost my shit when the party had to go to the moon to kill god

>japan's CoD
>on par with KI:U

Attached: lolno.jpg (384x384, 26K)

*ahem*
acquire proficiency

Attached: great pepe.png (358x359, 22K)

if you're a fan of JRPGs, then you ABSOLUTELY MUST try The World Ends With You. it's STILL the freshest take on the genre, and a fucking masterpiece.

Does the word Haiku have one syllabus or two?

Do not fuck with me
I know what you're up to, user
Google told me all

>468377523
>4channel
As expected of a newfag, no more (you)'s for you.
Stay obsessed and projecting.

At least it wasn't forgotten. How are the switch sales with that masterpiece?

Attached: the world ends with you in a nutshell.png (741x592, 309K)

Mine is too ugly/shitty to post. My friend gave me an old one he had lying around and we put cfw on it the other day. I've been playing the shit out of it, I really want a newer one now

I can't, your covers are prettier than mine.

It's also the Virtual Boy colors variant.

>card slot on the bottom
but why

Is it worth buying a 3DS? I never had it or the original DS and am thinking of getting one, but not sure if I want to import it from Japan since I sure as hell don't want to deal with Nintendo localizations and censorship. And I don't want to pirate.

It is, but only if you're into JRPGs and platformers on the go. Else, you're better off with the Switch. Hell, I have a 3DS with a lot of good games and my most played was "Resident Evil: Mercenaries" due to it being the perfect game for taking a shit or a 5 minute time waster while I couldn't even get into Metal Gear since it was a game designed for long hours of play-through.

It doesn't help that Snake Eater 3D controls and runs like absolute poop on the 3DS

>I don't want to pirate.
From personal experience, no. If it's effort you're worried about in terms of pirating, it's very easy to install CFW.
But if it's morals you're worried about, then I understand completely.
But again, if you don't want to pirate, I doubt it.

I heard that the new 3DS's extra button helps.

Didn't Freeshop die a few months ago?

I don't doubt it, that game was pretty much made with the circle pad pro in mind, got myself stuck on Ocelot since aiming with the buttons were an absolute nightmare. But even with the circle pad i don't know about tackling that 15fps experience

>tfw I'd finally see what the hype is about for Snakeeater since I was too poor to own a PS2 at the time
>3DS version works so bad it's probably worse than MGS PSP.

Attached: for your health only.gif (500x333, 19K)

You're right, it did. The current solution is "qreeshop."
>reddit.com/r/3dspiracy/comments/bt3rru/for_those_of_you_who_use_telegram_i_present_you/
Yes, reddit, I know, but this guy actually has a ton of QR codes for a lot of games. Just scan it with FBI and they can be downloaded and installed.
If you don't see a game you want listed, go to the discord and ask for it.
But if you have a hands on attitude and like to be independent, you can create a dropbox account and put CIA files in it. (CIA files are your games)
Then just share the link and form it into a QR code. From there, again scan with FBI. Optionally, share this in the discord with everyone else.
I haven't ever seen a game exceed 2 GB (free dropbox account limit) before. Every time you want a new game they don't have, go to a website and get a temporary email.

I rarely ever put new cias on my 3ds, but I still prefer FTP with filezilla.

Holy fuck.
Like, I've already downloaded all the games I wanted but thanks for telling me this.

Attached: 007.png (500x500, 248K)

Freeshop was just a way of conveniently downloading games directly from your 3DS through Nintendo's servers. Even without it 3DS games are still easily piratable through old fashioned downloading in the computer and moving it to the SD card

I think I played phoenix wright and 999 doors most on 3ds

VNs are great too. They're E-Book adventures on the go, though there's probably not a lot on the 3DS.Hell, I'd probably go through Fate again if they ported Realta Nua in the 3DS.

Best Pokemon for the 3DS? Asking as a guy who doesn't know shit what makes each installment different other than new pokemans.

Attached: grape juice and grape juice accessories.jpg (884x884, 77K)

Wario Land 3

That was my old method (admittedly, it's the easiest and doesn't require a phone) but this is WAAAY faster from my own experience.
Before, when I sent CIAs to the 3ds via filezilla it'd take hours and hours... that PLUS the time to install the CIA takes a century.
With the QR codes it takes about ~30 mins to install (based on file size) and it generally just is a quicker and more immediately gratifying experience.

Any time, man. Glad I could help.

Attached: eyebrows.jpg (600x589, 34K)

ORAS probably.

But you can also play 2ds game on it.

I had the most fun with X and Y. Sun and Moon were too handholdy and too laggy.

anything NOT FUCKING GEN 7

1000% bravely default, xenoblade 1,etrian odyssey, and surprisingly smt.

Heart Gold and Saint Seiya

bravely default is one of the few jrpg's I was able to stomach, mostly because you can turn off random encounters and make animations faster.

was it that slow for you? My FTP speed was barely slower than transfer by USB 3.0 would be, like 10 minutes for an Etrian game. Provided that you put the 3DS where it has good internet of course.

>xenoblade 1
>On 3ds instead of emulated
Ugh.

What FTP you use on the 3DS?
Though an Etrian game between 500~800mb would probably transfer faster than 10 minutes connecting the card directly to the computer

It's a travesty Crimson Shroud did not get a proper standalone release.

The games I sent were AAA games like the Superstar Saga remake.
...I also was up a flight of stairs from the router, so that didn't help much either. But hey, it worked eventually.
I just figured had you needed to keep the 3DS and the PC together. (until you just explained right now that the 3DS could be near the router, my bad. Wish I had known that at the time.)

FTPD. It's also pretty good for Switch to quickly transfer a bunch of roms. Fastest transfer would be removing the 3DS SD card of course, but fuck removing the backplate.

Attached: PicsArt_06-28-11.22.24.jpg (591x1048, 76K)

Far left is super cool, is it custom skin or official?

It was convenient due to not needing double space on your card because it was direct install. You can still do it with FBI and Boop, though.

Definitely the best launch title, very underrated.

So the N3DS has some autism going on to remove the SD card? The SD slot on the O3DS XL is pretty practical. Was using FTPD up until recently but not only did my PC start to act up to open FTP but also my PC fucking died and to read the SD there i had to put the SD on my phone which is a pain to put on, but this temporary notebook has a easy SD slot so i've just been using it instead

>You can still do it with FBI and Boop, though.
That's convenient, had to go on a killin spree to open space to install Monster Hunter For You the other day. Having a 16GB SD is hard work

Did the DS beat in the JRPG library department?

Sweet, got to beat Mario 3D Land before the thread died, now i can turn my 3DS off in peace
Probably shouldn't have beaten it in one sitting since this game was exactly what i needed, a laid back brainless game to take a break from all the JRPG shit i'm playing

the crown level too?

Inazuma Eleven Chrono Stones

Attached: hvj km.jpg (870x720, 265K)

Comfy

Well i certainly wasn't expecting 8 more extra worlds, guess that game will still be useful for a while

if you want a comfy/semi grindy rpg: fantasy life
gr8 platformers: steamworld dig 1/2 (especially 2)
rts lite: steamworld heist

those are at least my favorite games that i don't see being talked about so much

>laid back brainless game
Sounds like Kirby's Extra Epic Yarn might be your style. Super easy, cute art style, great ost and fun gameplay.

That's a solid ass collection user. What have you got from eshop?

There's still some stuff being released (Persona Q2 just came out this month) for it but nothing first party if that's what you're wondering about

USUM and a bunch of SMT games are over 2gb. I think Bravely Second was as well.

>B-b-believe me I'm and oldfag!11!!

Well he did say the very first day of 4channel, not Yea Forums. If he's being unironic though he's a total fag

So a couple of months?

Like a credit card, I'm maxed out at 300.

I'd like to play a chill, short game and I'm hesitating between these two
Are they long to beat?

Lunar Knights aka solar boy django aka boktai

Attached: Lunar_Knights_Coverart.png (252x226, 113K)

3ds and cat pic trend?

Attached: 20190628_074502.jpg (2592x1944, 1.54M)

Defenders of Oasis on virtual console

why are 3DS threads always the most comfy threads on Yea Forums?

Because it's the most comfy console.

Attached: comfy.jpg (1024x652, 94K)