"Yo-Kai Watch 4 """"flops"""" in Japan"

>Yo-Kai Watch 4 takes top spot of Amazon Japan preorders and is best selling game in the week it comes out.
>Currently only available in Japan
>Makes 150,000 units sales
>"Dead franchise lmao total flop"- some moron
>Zelda BOTW makes like 180,000 units in sales
>Bear in mind that's a WORLDWIDE release
>Certainly nobody says shit about Zelda dying or being dead.

Why do western morons on the internet ONLY ever feel like talking about this franchise just to make completely ignorant statements on a game they never even played as soon as the slightest "negativity" shows up? Are westerners just convinced a game ALWAYS has to break 1 million units immediately to "not be dead" cuz that's certainly a very silly way of thinking as tons of games would be "dead if it worked like that.

Won't be remotely surprising if the 6th movie and future free DLC act as free advertising and jumpstart sales more.

Stay mad.

Attached: Jibanyan_King_Artwork.png (350x350, 159K)

Other urls found in this thread:

guiasnintendo.com/0a_NINTENDO_3DS/yo-kai-watch-3/guia-yo-kai-watch-3/bancos-codigo-qr.html
yokaiwatch.fandom.com/wiki/Legendary_Yo-kai#YW3
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

To clarify, I meant Zelda made like 180,000 in its first week.

>"Hurr durr sales not as gud as Pokemon, so dead franchise ooga booga."

Yeah, I guess Star Wars, Dragon Ball and any franchise in existence is "dead" just because they aren't as good as the #1. Idiot.

I loved the hell out of Yo-kai Blasters and Yo-kai Watch 3. I'm crossing my fingers and hoping a US version gets released for the Switch. I will buy it as soon as it becomes available if it does. I do wish it was more popular in the US, but too many people still see it as a "Pokemon rip-off."

Attached: 51745.jpg (700x654, 67K)

people say its dead because it went from selling like a million in its first week when it was in its prime to selling not even 200k

you really can't use breath of the wild's numbers as an example. it was a launch title for switch, so its week one numbers obviously aren't going to be amazing and the wii u was the fucking wii u, a lot held off on getting it on wii u for whenever they'd get a switch. botw didn't even sell a million switch units in its first month because not that many people had it. it had ~925k switch sales with a 100% attach rate.

The very vocal minority only brings up Yo-Kai Watch to shit on Pokemon.
It's just bitter Pokemonfags shitting on each other.
Like what happened in 2015.
Monkeys gonna fling shit regardless.

Jibajoo is so cute

Attached: 9A8D77A7-7C9E-4BC6-886E-EEB5031D36DD.jpg (334x400, 21K)

Honestly, fuck Viz for saying that. They don't even make the games and I'm told Level-5 did NOT like or want that Pokemon comparison.

>Super Mario Party is a later Switch title
>Super Mario Party makes 140,000 units first week
>Literally nobody clamoring to claim Mario Party is dead based on those numbers.

He is indeed

Attached: 1a9408705879187ec428c3fea4ec3048.jpg (600x600, 41K)

>playing through yokai watch 2
>watches shit about limited yokai
>one is dlc locked for one version
>one is an endgame yokai for each of the two inferior versions, which you need to finish the game to recruit them
>version limited yokais in both inferior version of the game is not present in the definitive version
>there is two yokai that you need all three versions of the game, and you can only get ONE for each gender of your character
>not to memtion the amount of yokais locked in gachapon in-game
>STILL don't know what I am doing
>some trophies require internet connection with a dead community, and 300 hours of play
>ended up injecting a lot of shit to fill the gaps
Seriously, what kind of jewy bullshit is this? I just wanted a comfy monster collector.

Attached: 006DAF0E3F2942B9A8D9F9F6053CCD2A.jpg (1095x1281, 246K)

BUY MY GEEMU ALREADY user

Attached: blizzaria 37.png (505x306, 371K)

If I was going to play only one of the 3ds titles which one should I obtain via the high seas?

>tfw no switch

It's a flop in comparison to previous games and that's with the boost of pokemon shitting the bed so hard.

That's why you play the american version of YKW3

They're disgusting nonfans like OP.

Mario party has always been dead.

Star Wars unironically is dead, though your main point is true otherwise

They certainly have every reason to, given a monster collector made by a smaller company on a smaller budget continues to outperform their nostalgia goggling game and will continue to do so to the point they'll defend half the monster count not being available despite a paid transfer service while the other game is set for free DLC for every monster.

He is. But I am more partial to Nyanses II. I love his Egyptian theme and I have him as my Yo-kai follower in the third game. Absolutely adorable to see him waddle after me.

Yo-kai Watch 3 has a major choice that determines which Yo-kai you will find post game. Luckily, I found some people who made the opposite choice as me so I was able to get Yo-kai I wouldn't have gotten normally. Still have a few I need to trade for, though.

Attached: 21562.jpg (314x357, 36K)

pokemon fans are just more insecure than ever with how atrocious sword/shield looks, and they're lashing out.

Factually untrue. This is 3 times better sales than game 1 in its first week. Not like it won't get better later on.

We love Komasan right?

Attached: A brave little Komasan.jpg (1080x1920, 457K)

Speaking of monster collecting games Is puppet nightmares worth a try?

Post your brokai/yokai waifu

Attached: blizzaria 19.jpg (659x800, 122K)

I prefer my Komasan with a gun.

Attached: BKomasanEdited (1).png (350x350, 68K)

Komasan is such a good boy

>Why do western morons

Wanna know how I know you’re overweight?

The only thing better than Mermother is Mermother in a wedding dress.

Attached: Mermother bride meme.png (1000x771, 1M)

I love him too

Attached: 1518510.png.jpg (1280x1075, 196K)

Actually, my BMI is very underweight that it's very unhealthy and no matter how much I eat, I never get fat. I have a very high metabolism. Not sure what that's supposed to prove tho other than you being wrong.

Pokemon Drones absolutely foaming out of the mouths after how bad Sword and Shield looks

>150,000
>there are indie games on steam selling more
the absolute state of console """""gaming"""""

Is the yo-kai watch fanbase filled with based waifufags or cringe furfags ? i need to know

Attached: 1550530401199.png (929x1200, 385K)

No comment as I know nothing on that.
Monster collectors I DO recommend are as follows:
>Fossil Fighters Champions
>Ni No Kuni Wrath of the White Witch
>Dragon Quest Monsters Joker 2
>Moco Moco Friends
>Shin Megami Tensei 4 Apocalypse
>Yo-Kai Watch 3

>waifufags
>based
explain this

Another thread mad about botw. What's new?

for 1/5 the price.

I like Yokai Watch so far but how did it flop here in BBQ?
I heard it had a major decrease in interest in Japan too?
I used to see this shit everywhere, now most merch are in bargain bins.
What happened?

Attached: 1550181646856.jpg (342x316, 14K)

Apparently Japan really hated the mc of 3

And 1/10 the budget

Bait until proven.
She was CUTE!

yeah, and those indie "games" are sold at a price that third-world pc poors can actually afford.

and 1/20 the respect.

It's still doing plenty well for itself in Japan. Morons love to ignore the facts and statistics it made over 10 million in box office in its last movie and its Medal Wars mobile game beta was hugely popular in addition to Puni Puni still grossing alot.

Don't forget the digital exclusives.

and not even 1/1000 of the quality.

Who cares? I will pirate it anyway

based

Personally, I only pirate soulless games that deserve it such as recent main series Mario and Pokemon games. I sctually bought YKW legit cuz it actually deserved and earned its price tag.

>super mario odyssey
>soulless
?

Attached: ben10.jpg (666x596, 26K)

Her personality is pretty awful, which I think makes a more interesting character. She harassed Usapyon alot tho. No denying that.

Outlier.
Think more like the plethora of NSMB clones.

ITS YA BOY

Attached: badude.jpg (613x615, 82K)

There is no reason not to play as her.
NOTHING.

Attached: Katie_Forester_2019.png (137x432, 64K)

I do the same thing for YW I and II just to get totally disappointed, I will not make the same mistake again just for a change to semi action RPG

She canonically has had married sex at least twice. Pretty good reason to play as her.

*blocks your path AND kills your franchise*

Attached: nate and hailey.png (1366x768, 1.73M)

Wow. You must have astronomically high standards if games as good as those disappointed you.

I feel like the only person who finds these designs terrible. They make pokemon look like quality monsters.

Especially with the great designs coming out of S&S

Attached: 1311170776913.jpg (687x819, 266K)

Pokemon designs are inferior. I don't get a mermaid milf in a wedding dress in Pokemon.

Attached: D9D8pdEU8AAwNOn (1).jpg (1644x1269, 220K)

I bought it 3 times over to show support and gave copies away to friends. Eat it.

Attached: 1561694930165-1800566735.jpg (3264x1836, 1.81M)

Nah, Yokai watch has legit fans. It's just always drowned out by pokemon vs shit like you said. Same shit that most digimon threads go through just with less waifu posting.

Only the waifubait yokai are goods. No one will praise the bad one like that fart yokai or the 20 cats

Yokai watch is only about shotas. Nothing else

For every enslaved humanoid, how many cringe cats are there?

Factually untrue. I love Urnfulfilled, Snitchin, Blownhistoppa, Draaagin and numerous others myself. Kiwinyan is awesome cuz it's a fun tank and I love Kiwi fruit

>or the 20 cats
fuck you a quarter of those cats are decent

For every enslaved pokewaifu, how many cringe pikachu clones are there?

I'd sooner rather have cats that can actually perform differently in battle and be useful to me with their different elements, stat spreads and voice actors rather than have thoroughly useless recolors that do nothing, tend to look awful and are shallow wasted space locked behind asinine RNG in the form of shiny Pokemon or even monsters that waste spsce like Cascoon or Phione. I'd even take Dragon Quest's big list of Slime recolors over that shiny nonsense for the same reasons.

should have put your autism to work shilling good games like Devil Survivor instead of advertising million+ selling games made for small children

I never liked that series

digimon has a bigger fanbase on here, so there's usually less "pokemon vs." shit and more actual discussion of the franchise.

Well fuck you for that too cuz I actually shilled that and got a pal to buy DS2 and own DS1 myself to give it a chance cuz I also like Shin Megami Tensei.

It's rare to see Japan reject a character as thoroughly as they did here. But if it means Kate's back I'm all for it.

nothing will kill db after battle of gods,broly and super it just makes way too much money

I can see why though. Yokai watch was primarily was a kids series with some sly references for adults in some of the monster designs and out of the way NPCs while Hailey was just in your face DUDE OTAKUS LMAO

yea that sounds great, but they look awful.

I'm just glad it's still going on for more Keita.

Attached: 1474676860048.png (2800x3850, 1.71M)

I'm unsure how much of it is just the character itself and how much of it is just because she was dropped into the game out of no where and took half the series with her. It's a lot to ask for in a really short amount of time.

Personally i thought her portions of the show and game could be pretty funny most of the time.

yeah, but that is if Tori didnt hit the dirt

Always play as Keita.

That's what they get for replacing Katie

Attached: If This Yokai Don't Shut the Fuck Up....jpg (189x182, 6K)

Isnt she still in the show? I stopped watching after the fansubbers took a break but am thinking of getting back into it.

Attached: 1444416809410.jpg (400x450, 48K)

Brokai is pic related
Kaifu is Chatalie

Attached: Compunzer.png (556x444, 256K)

Just finished downloading YW3 and a couple questions.

Any crucial tips i need to know before starting my file? Or is there some site with all the info i'll need like Legendary Youkai requirements.

Also i dont have any storage space left after downloading the full game, no more space left for the update but it says i can still play the game, is it necessary for anything important or can i play without it?

Attached: 1463403945423.jpg (250x250, 18K)

Never played this game, is it 3DS only or Switch for the new one?

Attached: 1559022634201.webm (404x720, 1.15M)

Google tells me YW4 is switch exclusive, looks like it had an engine / graphical overhaul to make use of the better hardware.

Congrats. This site will give you every QR code for the game you'll ever need and then some.

guiasnintendo.com/0a_NINTENDO_3DS/yo-kai-watch-3/guia-yo-kai-watch-3/bancos-codigo-qr.html

As for advice, when you unlock the ability to play the Blasters T quests, spend quite a bit of time in those. It'll level your Yo-kai up quickly as well as give you access to rare Yo-kai and insanely useful items like the Forbidden Fruit and Miracle Medicine. But do note that your team's level in the Blasters mode does NOT correspond to your level in the game. The level in Blasters is achieved by getting Blasters items like swords and shields and leveling those up. And Hans Galore and Hans Full are bastard bosses. I seriously hate them.
Also, since you downloaded the game, you have the ability to get Komasan T and Jibanyan T. You can find them in the Blasters mode. Since I have the physical copy, I cannot get them. Still looking for someone to trade with so I can get them.
And if you're traveling along and see a tornado in the map view, AVOID IT unless you're ready to take on level 60 or above Yo-kai.

Attached: 148181.jpg (818x453, 108K)

Aah thanks user, and i'm assuming the tornado is kind of like the stop sign game in the first two where if you jay walk a strong youkai can get you?

Or some similar overworld threat like that. And i only downloaded the game because none of my local stores had a physical copy, i always prefer to buy physical when possible but this was the only way to get it without having to wait for an order.

Attached: 048098259031.jpg (640x360, 105K)

That would be Snartle. He's in this game, but only in the Springdale side of the game, not in the BBQ side. The BBQ side has a Yo-kai come and ask you questions if you don't jaywalk and if you answer correctly, he gives you an item.
The tornado is in BBQ only and usually has a Whirlweasel and several Pallysol's. And they are strong as all hell! I accidentally ran into one and almost lost everything, but I luckily had a ton of Miracle Medicines on me so I was able to revive my whole team every time they went down. Managed to get a level 60 Whirlweasel less than halfway through the game and he whopped everyone else once I put him on my team.
More advice is if you're stuck in one side of the game, go to the other and complete some missions. More often than not, a mission in Springdale must be completed before you can do more missions in BBQ and vice versa.

I unironically like Hailey much more than Nate and the other girl, her personality is fun and also cute.

I like how she literally solves all the problems by just beating up whatever is causing the problem.

>Zelda made like 180,000 in its first week.
because there were about that many switches around back then

So that's what that is then. I probably would have gotten confused too about swapping between towns to do missions, RPGs have blocked me before with that kind of story progression. Thanks user, i'm guessing that for legendary yokai unlocks i can just look them up online, cause i'm assuming that the requirements for this game are going to be different from the last two. I remember them being different between between each game.

Attached: 1452567273656.png (602x561, 238K)

The legendary requirements are different, yes. Hopefully this helps.

yokaiwatch.fandom.com/wiki/Legendary_Yo-kai#YW3

There are also American Legendary and Pioneer Legendary. Both can be gotten in game, without the need of unlocking them with other Yo-kai. The American Legendary require passes to fight them, which can be acquired in some quests, but most times in a Crank-a-kai. But you won't be able to even get to any American Legendary until you clear a mission in Chapter 8.
Pioneer Legendary can be fought by going to the library in BBQ and reading a book about them. You complete a chapter a day and must read five chapters before they appear and you can fight them.

it sounded like yo-kai watch 4 really could've used some more dev time even among all the delays which would probably explain the whole "100 yo-kai but eventually 800" thing

maybe in like 3 years the localized version will be complete or something but man I don't wanna keep livin like that

That's perfect, thanks for the link user. I ask mostly because i remember in older threads for the games when they first got here people advised rushing for Bushinyan because he was so crazy strong and also pretty easy to get early on in the game. Looks like the new Legendaries have a bit more involved in unlocking them

Attached: 1536472859766.jpg (540x291, 44K)

Is this link only in spanish or is there an english version too? Otherwise i'm just guessing what the icons mean.

>Bushinyan because he was so crazy strong

He got nerfed in 3, his damage output is seriously low compared to previous games.

There are also Mystery Legendary, but they are gotten only in the Blasters T mode. You are very welcome. If you ever need someone to trade with, I have quite a few rare Yo-kai that I am willing to part with. I'm looking for a few Yo-kai, that due to my choices in the game, I cannot acquire. They include;
Komasan T
Jibanyan T
Alpina

Sadly, it's only in Spanish. I also use the icons to navigate the site to get what codes I want.

Damn that sucks. Cant say i'm all that surprised though. He was a ridiculous beast in the past games, basically invalidated all other DPS options for his tribe.

If we run into each other in the threads here and i have something you need sure. I'm just lurking here now that we have more YW posting on the board for some reason so it's something i look for. Shame about the no english version of the site but i'll just try and intuit what the stuff is. Worst case scenario is i just download things i dont really need, right?

Attached: 1449093729161.png (640x480, 189K)

Sounds good. One last piece of advice I didn't get until later. In the game, you are given a big choice near the last quarter of the game that determines what powerful Yo-kai you will run into post game. Most people took one side because the leader is Little Charrmer and you can get her if you side with her, post game. But after looking through everything, I decided not to side with her. Why? Because if you side with the other Yo-kai, Silver Lining, you can get Agent Spect-Hare post game. This is the ONLY way to get her. I repeat, the ONLY way. She is the only Yo-kai you cannot get through a Crank-a-kai or any other means other than a trade with someone who has her. She is the only Yo-kai like her in the game with no other means of getting her other than through that single choice. All the team members of both sides can be gotten either through the choice made or through a Crank-a-kai, with the exception of Agent Spect-Hare.

That's pretty crazy, thanks for the warning user. I'll be sure to jot that down about siding with Silver Lining.

Attached: 1475539663034.png (320x302, 25K)

>Yo-kai Watch 4: We’re Looking Up at the Same Sky (Level-5, 06/20/19) – 150,721

>For comparison: YW2 had 1.2 million first week in Japan; YW3 had 632,135 first week in Japan and Let's Go had 664,198 first week in Japan.

Maybe it did, maybe it didn't, but I remember a fuck ton of Yea Forums saying Let's Go bombed in Japan and no one there liked it, and if that's true of 664,198, what's it say of 150,721? Keep in mind this is really the only country that likes this franchise too, it doesn't have a global fallback option like Pokémon.

Localized version is coming first quarter 2020

Played 1 and 2 but still haven't gotten around to 3. Should I play it or just wait for 4 to hopefully get localized sometime soon?

Breath of the Wild outsold YW in Japan despite the Switch's tiny install base in early 2017? This is what you're pointing to? How desperate are you?

You and I both know YW4 isn't going to sniff Breath of the Wild's lifetime sales.

Both sides have exclusive Yo-kai:

Silver Lining has Agent Spect-hare, Shurikenny, Indiana Jaws, Big Fish and Darkyubi

Little Charmer has Double Time, Dr E. Raser, Alpina, Nyanses II and Illuminoct.

their designs are so generic.
they look like Disney version of yokai from folklore. kept enough of their original insperation to be notice able not safe enough for the American puritans.

How come ResetERA, Twitter, etc. comments are all acting like this is a disaster, but fanboys of this franchise on Yea Forums say 150,000 is great?

Uh oh, Pokekeks woke up and got triggered

You're welcome. I managed to get Little Charrmer through a Legend Crank-a-kai coin. Took a long time, but I got her. So, you can get her, even if you don't side with her team.
I am currently trying to complete missions in order to unlock Whisper. You have to go through about three or so missions just to get him as a playable character. And I am trying to get through the Blasters mode. Blasters is fun and slightly easy at first, but the difficulty ramps up very quickly, especially since levels are ranked differently than in the main game. But it is worth it for the insanely rare items and Yo-kai. Also, Molar Petite is only available in the Blasters mode. But you have to catch her and when you do, you have a 50/50 chance of her choosing to fight you. And the game's mascots, Tomnyan and the Koma Knomads can be acquired, but you have to do several missions spanning the main game to get them and even then, they are unlike any other Yo-kai. Befriending them is sheer luck as you cannot use any items on them to persuade them to join you. You just have to fight them once a day and hope you get lucky. I still haven't gotten them.

Serious question OP: If Sword/Shield was the game with the 150,000 first week in Japan, would you still be saying the same thing? Be honest.

not a disaster if the game keeps selling.

People need to understand that kid market is like that, and even Pokemon sells half his peak

>Uh oh, Pokekeks woke up and got triggered

This whole thread's existence is because OP was triggered that people were laughing at this game's sales, moron.

Pokemon sold 8 millions before, what numbers it's making these days?

Doesnt change what i said, stupid.

Sounds like the Blasters mode is something i'll have to invest some time getting good in then.

Attached: 1452649465156.png (540x812, 87K)

>Pokemon sold 8 millions before, what numbers it's making these days?

Attached: Nintendo.png (565x640, 194K)

>Doesnt change what i said, stupid.

Same with the "Pokekeks'" stuff too, huh? Saying "durr triggered" doesn't make YW4's numbers better.

Except what i said had nothing to do with any numbers of either game, retard.

Just in Japan, not worldwide.

>Ni No Kuni flopped
>Snack World flopped
>Lady Layton flopped
>YW4 flopped
>Inazuma 11 had been delayed for 2 years and looking likely to flop
It's more like Level 5 is just going to implode

Only thing that flopped is this dick on your mouth. Lmao rekt.

you are going to get water at 3am and this being is in the middle of your living room, what do you do ?

Attached: jimmenken.jpg (500x281, 23K)

There's only 109 yo-kai in yo-kai watch 4
They also remove Smogmella and Spec-hare
Catching Blizzaria is hard fucking bitch since she can't evolve from Frostina

Worst than new pokemon game
Sorry for my terrible english

Attached: screenshot.jpg (1200x675, 93K)

WHAT DO YOU MEAN???MY GEEMU ISN'T GOOD ENOUGH ???

Attached: 1561354889225.png (382x419, 289K)

Zukkyunshi is my new yo-kai waifu now

Attached: img2_13.png (580x519, 265K)

I really want to try 4 because i dig this direction they're going in by making youkai have these super creepy / scary / edgy more traditional youkai designs. Gives me digimon vibes which was my favorite monster collector series for the longest time.

>caring about japs and their shitty jap anime games
lmao

Pokemon is shit too. Fuck weebs.

Attached: d7m4bgc-947b69a3-3437-4f22-9df6-91198b218e31.jpg (480x586, 47K)

was gonna grab a physical copy but when I checked just now I couldn't find em anywhere. turns out the physical copies were a limited run and I can only get them digital. now my question is this: should I attempt to show support for yo-kai watch localization even though they've already resigned themselves to mediocre physical sales, or should I save the 40 bucks and pirate it?

Attached: 1479053245676.jpg (1280x720, 94K)

I mean, buying it would certainly help their perception of it in the west, especially since it apparently outdid expectations considering it sold out pretty quick.
But I won't stop you from pirating, I guess. No one can. I should just warn you that it's big as fuck for the 3DS, It takes up almost all space on the vanilla mini SD, and that's before updates. I had t transfer off nearly all my saves, updates, and DLC for other games because I'm too fucking lazy to buy a N3DS screwdriver

Buy it to show that digital sales are still wanted. If anything it will show them that they dont have to worry about physical store space and that people will still buy it with the ease of digital purchase. Just make sure you have enough memory for it.

thats scary

Attached: Don_Chan.png (333x225, 25K)

>Run: Stare_Cute.exe
Jiii~
user, what internal processes are you currently executing?

Attached: 1559027492442.webm (720x1280, 2.93M)

Nope, your not alone. The youkai look terrible for the most part. There's just nothing that makes you say "holy shit I want that in my party". Even the waifumon are still too childish to be really appealing.