Is it just me or did steam sales used to be a lot better...?

Is it just me or did steam sales used to be a lot better...?

Attached: 1544949604953.png (495x424, 123K)

Of course it's not just you, they have been steadily declining in quality for years now. Also, post the full picture.

ever try playing the games you bought nigga

You own all the good games and capitalized on all the good deals. You've participated in Flash Sales, sure, but you can get refunds on cashgrabs now.

Steam is better than ever.

Attached: FFZKKdi.jpg (776x714, 72K)

It's overrun with garbage indie titles and the same AAA games from 7 years ago. Everything worth buying because it's not pirateable either doesn't get a sale or gets like 5 bucks off.

>paying money for digital licenses

Attached: 1554146025873.png (976x658, 272K)

>playing games
Pfffffffffffft haha is this guy serious?

Just get the xbox game pass pals

Most things used to be better, then over time people became greedy and made everything suck.

like back in the day games like nier and monster hunter would be

>Pirating multiplayer games

I got you

Attached: __kouhai_chan_getsuyoubi_no_tawawa_drawn_by_himura_kiseki__7cd5805c47965d1964522addc703e476.png (714x1000, 469K)

Removing flash sales took a lot of the fun out of it

Refunds = no more flash sales = less rights
But hey at least you can troll indie devs by buying and refunding their games over and over, so go you?

Plus you ever realize everybody and their mom has their own platform to sell stuff on too? Ubisoft, ea , etc.

yes and no, some thoughts after long hours of meditation on this topic
>discounts were indeed higher, though the price of games is also rising
>as time passes sales get less interesting with too many participants for large in-game contests to happen, and less want to compete for attention as a "major participant" in these events
>you also accumulate titles with less "new" games as time goes on so less is out there to capture your attention
>steam sales become rote and boring after this much time and your interest in spending money on games decreases as you get older

Not really. They just repeat a lot of deals so once you build up a decent collection of high quality games, it starts to become slim pickings. I'm not going to care that New Vegas is $5 again when I got it for $5 4 years ago. That deal isn't any less worthwhile but we've been there and done that.

And in anime form too.

Attached: 1476671738528.webm (1280x720, 939K)

Yes. It was a ploy. You entice people onto your platform with massive discounts and then they stay because of vendor lock in. It's called the loss leader pricing strategy. I don't know why people ever thought it was going to last forever.

Essentially this, the fact that not many new worthwhile games have been coming out lately also doesn't help. Oh and publishers keep reducing the amount that the price of games drops over time.

but I just built my first gaming pc...

its not fair bros I missed out...

No, YOU used to be a lot better too...

Attached: Screen Shot 2015-05-19 at 8.48.59 PM.png (117x91, 23K)

loss leader strategy typically requires consistently loss priced items to draw consumers for other items though. you dont raise the prices on that staplemark item because the idea is its why theyre there and theyll buy extra

And in the case of Valve the aim was to get consumers to install Steam and have as many games as possible in the user's library require it. How many times have you heard someone whine about how they don't want to have to install another front end like uPlay or Origin? That's what Valve was aiming for and it worked.

games used to be a lot better.