Give him a better moveset instead of just two shitty spin dashes

Give him a better moveset instead of just two shitty spin dashes.

Attached: sonic ssbu.png (1378x1706, 1.84M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=yJljuvGxAhM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I wish
but moveset updates aren't what bring the hype, so it won't happen

He's Sonic, not Super Sonic.

>have two fighting games to pull moves from
>pull almost nothing from either of them
I don't get it.

This is one reason I was praying for a Shadow echo. It was a chance for them to make a less shitty version of Sonic.

Turn him into Shadow and give him gun moves.

>up-b is the same
>neutral-b is the same
>side-b is Lightspeed dash, works like a mix of Fox/Falco side-b and Pac-Man side-b, no control over the direction, strictly horizontal, when he touches the first ring he is invincible for the remainder of the side-b, if you hit him out of it you hear the 'rings dropped' sound effect from the games
>down-b remains the same, chargeable, can cancel the charge at any time like a projectile or DK Punch and release, is buffed to compensate for loss of old side-b

>Side special is Boost; quick and brief horizontal dash that can be immediately acted out of
>Neutral special is still the homing attack but it's instantaneous, albeit weak
>Down special is more like Puff's Rollout, being one strong hit rather than several
>Neutral aerial is Insta-shield
>Forward aerial is the Sonic Eagle
Somebody post that improved Sonic moveset image

>Up B spring jump like now
>Side B boost, have it work like the boost in Colors/Generations
>Neutral B homing attack, have it work like the homing attack in Colors/Generations
>Down B spin dash

W-wait, Sonic has a side b?

Attached: tenor.gif (498x469, 2.68M)

He does, it just looks so similar to the Spin Dash for whatever reason.

I got just the thing.

Attached: Sonic_Black_Knight.png (200x255, 75K)

Why not the shockwave kick from lost world? It would fit perfectly

I'm seeing a lot of the same suggestions here and they're all pretty correct, all you need to change up is his side-b and make down-b have the properties of both, and honestly it'd probably be enough

Attached: 1547273786391.jpg (382x360, 24K)

Project M already did.

Give her a functioning jab combo and better framedata.

Attached: super_smash_bros__ultimate___samus___render_by_cynicsonic_dce8bgp-pre.png (753x1061, 946K)

I barely ever remember that Sonic is in the game anymore.
He's been in three and a half Smash games and debuted more than a decade ago, but he's so boring compared to every other third party character in the game.

Everybody has the same moveset in smash though

here's your playable shadow, bro.
youtube.com/watch?v=yJljuvGxAhM

Attached: 10039.gif (746x1654, 186K)

>>pull almost nothing from either of them
Most of his moves are ripped straight out of The Fighters. They are just outdated and non pizzazzing looking moves.

He needs an overhaul to LOOK like a showoff cunt because that's how modern fans seem him thanks to 2000s era.

>all you need to change up is his side-b and make down-b have the properties of both
Yeah, as much as people complain, I wouldn't want to lose the ability to switch between Multi-Hit and Piercing hit. Down B hold should give you the pierce while Down B Tap should give you Multi.

If his side-b was light speed dash like Pacman's side-b but with rings instead of pellets I would be satisfied.

He was a last minute addition to Smash Bros Brawl. He's litearlly the Ganondotf of Brawl
Either he should have been a newcomer for Smash 4, or SEGA shouldn't have made shit games in the 2000s to feel so cucked to want to activelly keep him from Smash, twice, so he could have been worked on the second Smash Brawl was even in the planning stage.

It was better in brawl. they fucked it.

Are you kidding? Its all anyone uses.

Landing a fully charged Down B and successfully following it up is one of the most satisfying feelings.

You can't prove me wrong.

Attached: download (4).jpg (229x220, 8K)

Give him the elemental shields

Attached: shieldair_s3.gif (320x240, 3K)

>Losing Air Spin-Dash
No thanks

Also feels good to charge up homing attack and watch as people panic not knowing what to do and then you hit them for 25% damage instantly

>Losing Air Spin-Dash
It should have just been the Insta Shield in the first place. It was even in Advance 1.

Imagine if this was his f-air instead of that shitty twirl thing. It'd basically be Yoshi's f-air and he'd have an actually usable spike.

Attached: Untitled.png (239x50, 6K)

Side-B is the flame roll from Adventure 2
And that...is really it. Sonic's main gimmick is that he rolls. In the classic Sonic titles, you only use one button to attack. Anything else may seem too excessive for Sonic and oddly specific. I kinda get why he's like that.

>Some dumb nigger who clearly hasn't played against Sonic before tries to edge guard
>They charge their forward smash
>Bust out homing attack
>They whiff their Smash every time and get punished
Love the homing attack. If only it was this satisfying in the games.

Fuck that, I love the twirl. Combos great with the spindash.

Replace d-air then? That one's inarguably shit because of the stall.

How in the fuck are people still talking about this fucking game holy shit

That's what they did in Project M, right?

It still alive and selling well plus more dlc characters on the way

Oh shit, you're right

Attached: Untitled.png (276x290, 84K)

>WHY ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT VIDEO GAMES I WANT ANOTHER ECELEB THREAD!

put shadow or tails instead

Attached: 1-Shadoop.png (698x317, 383K)

>why are people talking about the game that routinely requires stickies to deter board flood and is one of Nintendo's biggest sellers?
what is life like with down syndrome, I'm curious

Attached: 1521782587091.png (633x581, 798K)

>Most of his moves are ripped straight out of The Fighters
I thought they were pulled from Virtua Fighter.

2000s is you can do anything team work era.
90s was smart ass cunt.

Main problem with sonic is the side b and down b look boring if you don't play him. Unless you know how sonic works or watch 6wx, he is boring as fuck to observe. That said I'd just make the side b anything not a ring toss or fox illusion type move and do for down b.

Least we got a viable homing now.

It still bugs me that he was introduced in the same game where they removed momentum jumps. Also the same game where they included a full blown side scrolling platformer mode. Sonic is fucking built around momentum, how you gonna neuter the little nigga this hard on his debut game.

Attached: 1560047738986.jpg (640x480, 25K)

Sonic The Fighters rips most of its moves from Virtual Fighter. It even turned one of the VF characters into a furry.

That's what he gets for being in a Nintendo game. You think his rival would treat him nicely? Of course he'll always have a garbage moveset.

The first thing i thought of. You know Nintendo would do it just to piss people off.

How many people here actually play Sonic? Like seriously play him?

But that's literally all he he does in his games.

Fuck off with this shit. It was a shitty game. Use Sonic Battle if you need to improve his moveset, not this shit.

this game was clunky but still not that bad.
I didn't realise it had combo potential when i was a kid.

Attached: SonB.gif (236x155, 1.25M)

Hopefully in smash 6 they change up a lot of movesets to be more accurate/interesting
>samus
>sonic
>little mac
>dr mario
>DK (needs to have barrels in some form)

How is it clunky?

basically no cancels, too much end lag on everything even landing.
movement & dashing doesn't work so well in 3d space & gba dpad controls.
sudden immunities to specials add nothing to the game.

Imo just looking at that gif it looked slow, like it was hard to get the moves out right at the right timing. Maybe Smash and SF made me a bit bias but yeah.

The only huge thing I'd change about his moveset is replacing his side special with the boost so it isn't identical to his down special. Otherwise I'm fine with it as is.

What's the actual differnce between Sonic's down and side B?

got ya moveset right here

Attached: sonic in brawl.jpg (934x1601, 157K)

Try that shit today and you'll be flooded with one word replies saying cringe.

Samus deserves so much. Should've been the patron saint of custom moves. I'm still flummoxed that her down b isnt morph ball with boost ball and bomb + powerbomb with some some drawback like increased damage/knocback to balance the smaller hurtbox.

Ganons new moveset was hype.

Oh yeah, and I should mention that the boost would work pretty similar to how it does in his games. There'd be a gauge above his percentage display showing how much boost power he has. It starts off full, but empties fast. When it's empty, he can refill it faster the more damage he does, similar to how destroying badniks in Generations refills your boost gauge.

Sakurai is full of shit. In a game where you jump around on platforms, momentum is key. Games in the 80's and 90's are technically more impressive than a set of games with more budget, tech and better hardware. His spite towards fans has its limits. Reminder that Nintendo picked the characters for the DLC initially, he's only going with what he thinks can work from that same list.

Attached: killme.png (214x261, 114K)

It also the most braindead. DORIYA is one of the most BS side smashes in the game.

I've been a Samus main since 64. I'm honestly just happy that her bombs finally explode on contact again because holy shit

the fucking eagle kick combos even BETTER though. you can bring them up into the air with the side b or Down B right into a fucking spike if you do it right.

I mained Wario in 4, in ult I started with him and then Samus since she is good now.
Recently I started up with Sonic and I have more fun than I even had, even when I lose.

My only complaint is not being able to aim the horizontal direction of homing attack when no one is in range on trigger.

That sounds OP. You're essentially giving him an air dash

I still think he should go down at a 45 degree angle.

make the homing attack his side B.
make his neutral B his down B, can be used in the air.
make his down B a bouncing move, giving him great space control and safe landing choices after making an up B.

Attached: 1545562878657.png (425x421, 165K)

Down B not being on Down be just feels wrong.