$30 for an inferior port

>$30 for an inferior port
>meanwhile it's on sale for $5 on steam, but it's normal price is still only $10
Defend this nincels.

Attached: 1561652172522.png (1280x720, 1003K)

Tell me what's the appeal of this kind of games?

its fun

not an argument.

It's appeals to my Aspergers

Nintendo tax is real

literally nobody can defend this
30$ for something old as shit, which still goes for a max amount of 10$ where its originally priced at, but not getting the 1.4 update untill 10 months later is fucking retarded

yeah that's what I heard

crafting, building, creative game, fighting mechanics are good, lots of room for creativity in combat and style of clothes and buildings

Server where?

i'll be getting it for free,just like every other switch game. so i welcome any ports

Nintenfags don't blink twice at exorbitant prices for games that don't need the high of a price tag. $60 for Mario Party/Mario Kart? Those fags will eat anything up because "muh portable" but will just end up laying their fatass on the couch to play it.

highly customizable character, infinite replayability, lots of cool monsters gadgets and weapons, and it's very challenging
I'm sure someone with a higher iq can explain in more detail

It's 24 dollars on ps4 and 20 on xbox, so it's a cashgrab on all consoles

It's on the switch so only retarded children will buy it anyway. Basically free money for redigit when the actual fanbase already knows better.

consoles also have way smaller world maps compared to base sizes in pc

remember how the 3ds port worlds were even smaller then the smallest you can make it on pc

>Getting all the expensive ports for free
Life is good as a hackchad bros

>it's nintendos fault a third party is charging ludicrous prices on their platform
did it ever occur to you that all devs just want your money?

Attached: 273779_194574.gif (250x299, 9K)

>all those angry replies
It's like people are mad knowing that certain Switch owners will buy this "game".

you realize what terraria is right and who the devs are
they're probably the least jew devs in existence save cavestory at most

If it's not fun, why bother?

>they're probably the least jew devs in existence
>Still decided to jew on the newest platform

Makes you think huh?

Nintendies will pay any amount for a game, just so long as it is on switch. They're fucking bootlicking faggots. They bought fucking amiibos for god's sake

Honestly I dont think they themselves jacked up the price.
They could've, but it also sounds possible that Nintendo want more money out of the product. Maybe even the porting team. I could be wrong though?
Either way, 30$ is pretty damn reasonable for Terraria.

I don't understand why it's fun, are you stupid or something

Says the guy who only plays PS+ "free" games.

pure freedom, comfy, runs on a toaster

>30 dollars for a 2d sandbox game with shitty building
Wouldn't pay more than 10 bucks on any platform

>it's nintendos fault a third party is charging ludicrous prices on their platform
Where in my post did I specifically blame nintendo for that?

Attached: 1558464389037.png (760x540, 399K)

so, it's "entertain yourself on laptop" or something?

>I don't understand why it's fun
Not an argument.

>defend this nincels
right there

destructible maps are superior to bland static maps

meh. I can see children playing it because they are children, but adults?
>not an argument
not an argument

why would things stop being fun when you get older? oh no did you lose your soul?

>reading comprehension
That's not blaming it on nintendo themselves, dumbass.

>children, but adults?
Children will find this game fun, but there's not enough gender politics to keep an 'adult' enthused.

Does the content justify this price tag though?

Also maybe parity with the physical version since Nintendo doesnt allow digital version to be cheaper than physical.

>things stop being fun
because there are much better games out there that this indie trash.
I think games that only give you tools to entertain yourself, even a good ones are can easily be compared to vanilla Skyrim.
Even then Skyrim unironically has better graphics that this pixeltrash.

>Even then Skyrim unironically has better graphics that this pixeltrash.
Zoomer spotted.

to be fair, one of the devs stated on reddit that the switch port was "inherently expensive" and that the price was out of their hands. knowing how retarded nintendo can be, I could see them indirectly causing shit like this to happen

so it doesn't even have all the content?

Nah, I enjoy good pixel art, but terraria looks like garbage

It better have at least that.

No. It same for PS4 and XBOX version

Because it's fun

Attached: aircraft carrier by WarWar fCwNaJb.png (3852x1536, 1.3M)

It's another sandbox game Like Skyrim. Except an actual good game that doesn't need mods to fix the trash gameplay and is an actual sandbox, not 'sandbox'.

Attached: Castle by Chillingham.png (9264x3008, 3.65M)

It is RPG. Did you even play it? Game is about killing bosses and gearing up. Explore, build shit, gear up, kill shit.

Can you play it solo?

I was interested because i loved terreria on pc, but for 30$ what the fuck??? The game has been out for years and you cant even mod it on the switch.

>inferior port
how can an old pixelated 2D side-Scroller indie game be inferior on Switch?
From what I've heard, the Switch version is considered the best version at the moment
But the Price is still absolutely bullshit and will not buy it until its $15 or less

it wasn't meant to be one he asked the appeal not for a debate

How does it play on Switch? I honestly couldn't imagine playing it on anything other than PC, but portable Terraria sounds comfy

Attached: 1561181665555.jpg (2561x2675, 338K)

yes. i personally prefer playing it solo. groups are fun, but they tend to ruin the progression, and if you all aren't playing at the same time, then people get left out on the exploran and discoveran making it less enjoyable for them and they quit.

>how can an old pixelated 2D side-Scroller indie game be inferior on Switch?
by being more expensive despite being outdated and buggy as fuck.

I prefer to play solo. You don't even need guide. NPC will tell you what you can craft with particular item. And he will give you hints how to progress.

Nintendo fags defend this. They make fun of sony discounting games like every other company does while celebrating Wii games still costing $60

Don't you know, the Nintendo bonus goes both ways

Say it out loud with me

“P o r t a b i l i t y”

Why can’t you pc nerds get this shit through your head? Pic related is so much more comfy than playing this shit with a fucking mouse and keyboard or whatever some shit

Attached: D624BBE6-D92C-4F9B-B2F8-A555128ABF4A.jpg (3264x2448, 1.84M)

Epic troll newfriend

It has existed on vita for years.

Check PC version. Different patches.
>fucking mouse and keyboard or whatever some shit
Except you can play it with gamepad.

>waah sitting in a chair hurts my lard ass body

Wholesome fun killing bosses with your homies that are new to the game, the kind of fun Yea Forums needs

You could probably find a used laptop good enough to run terraria and a copy of terraria on sale for cheaper than it is to buy a console version of terraria. The ports are good but holy fuck is the pricing retarded.

Also with PC you don't have to worry about any updates being launched completely broken, which happened before with console terraria.

Bump

You already paid nintendo for portability you fucking moron. The game developers didn't make the GAME portable, what the fuck are you talking about?

not an argument

Fun little kiddy game

Not an arguement

There are a lot of indie games I would happily double dip for on my switch, but fuck off if you think I'm paying more than a game originally cost at launch. Square Enix is especially bad with this shit. Like, there's no way in fuck ff 10 should still be $40.

I doubt it was Nintendo. Their 3DS and Wii U eShop cuts are competitive with everyone else. It's probably whatever company they contracted to port the game.

not an argument

>Can you play it solo?
Yes you can play it solo, but honestly the peak fun in this game is playing multiplayer with people who are in the same pace as you are and not autistic randos who flood the map with lava or rush bosses.

that's not what inferior version means though
Mortal Kombat 11 Switch is inferior because of lowered graphics and some lag in some areas
Bloodstained Switch is definitely an inferior version running 30FPS, crashes, Looks like shit while the PC and PS4/Xbone versions run and looks a lot better (even though they still have problems on their own)
this game runs and looks as every other version but also includes extra features that other versions don't have
But uses an old Patch than PC is not what makes a product inferior.
Fucking Mobile is about to get the same patch that switch version currently has
PS4 and Xbone is only 1 versions above Switch
3DS is dead
but that definition almost all games with a PC equivalent on Consoles is an inferior version and everybody already knows that PC is superior

>post starts by saying it's not inferior
>followed by a paragraph describing why it's inferior

I genuinely don't know if you're agreeing with him or arguing with him, seriously.

That doesn't answer my question, bitch >n

>Terraria is literally everywhere
>Starbound couldn't even deliver xbone version they promised for a year
Fuck chucklecucks, the puppy-killers.

I remember when this game was $1.49 on the steam sales

How is the MP with friends work, does the state of the world saves If we quit?

The host/server saves the world when you all quit, and the server can also play alone on that map.

>awful reading comprehension
i dont know what I expected

For Terraria
>Replayability
>Tons of mods (some are actually good)
>Actually difficult (Moon Lord on expert mode being the highlight and they're adding a higher difficulty)
>Actual exploration and discovery without being too obscure
>Surprisingly spooky
>A hard mode that actually adds tons of stuff besides changing numbers

The MP is actually really indepth, especially if you have mods enabled. I think my favorite feature is the host server enforcing server-side characters, so nobody can cheat or cheese or bring in game breaking crap. Great for randoms.

tfw all my friends are super slow spergs or autistic bossrushers beating WoF in less than an hour

>the most expensive port of the game that has no notable extra content to justify it and isn't even up to date with it's pc counterpart and sometimes even crashes when trying to start a new world isn't inferior guys, seriously!

Attached: 1551405459499.jpg (1080x581, 25K)

>runs the same way as any other version with extra features of gameplay only versions below as the other consoles with almost the same price tag
>I-ITS INFERIOR!! S-STOP BUYING IT!
nice

Attached: de15df26e9bf61c4f5672a08dc60a50b.jpg (499x481, 28K)

So If host quits you can't load the save?

imagine how long it takes to make this shit

In vanilla if host quits, you can't play on that map. but your character is saved on your computer. I think the server also saves your character if it's like

The game is worth $60 or more, it is only out of the heart of the developers that it costs $30 or less

Someone please play with me on switch

Attached: no_archivette_pls~01.jpg (444x567, 40K)

> still a infiniminer knockoff with stolen FF sprites
Why did the game get popular again?

It's expensive because they want to put out physical copies, cartridges are expensive, and they want physical and digital prices to match. If you don't want it don't buy it, it's on literally every console and mobile.
Also Terraria has been $15 or LESS for ages, which is insane for the amount of content in it and the playtime you can get out of it. Even with the raised price you'd be getting your money's worth. It's only a real problem if you've bought the game multiple times to have it on multiple consoles. It's not bad for first time buyers and those who don't run PCs.

How is it back in 2011 and how do I come with?

Keep on hogging it up nintenpiggies oink oink! We need you to fund terraria 2 oink!!!

What are some of the cheapest ports? Any game that used to be sold for $60 several years ago on other platforms that are ported onto the Switch for $5-10?

>killing bosses and gearing up. Explore, build shit, gear up, kill shit.
So nothing to do with RPGs

Role Playing Game
Game has four roles, melee/throwing, ranged, magic, and summoning.

>friend complainded when he was playing it solo "what the hell do you even do in this game" "i only get fucked by zombies and slime" "game is shitty"
>make a server and i help him dig, tell him to use the Guide for crafting help, fight the first three bosses and the bee.
>dont play with him for a week or soo
>dude just got to moonlord (skipped the fish) without me
funny how much he plays a "shitty" game

Attached: hunni2.jpg (896x728, 373K)