Play Magic Arena!

Play Magic Arena!

Attached: MTGA 27_06_2019 08_30_09_Trim.webm (1280x720, 1.5M)

Other urls found in this thread:

magicarena.fandom.com/wiki/Quests
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>Bolas Citadel
Command the Dreadhorde is better

Attached: tegaki.png (400x400, 3K)

My friend told me to wait until rotation before I start playing

Shadowbab here, I have no fucking clue what's going on in that webm

Attached: Nani.jpg (435x517, 32K)

Hearthstone is better

Nice

they do entirely different effects

cronfe

That's what I'm doing before getting back into it. I stopped playing Arena before War because everyone just played Esper or Burn, and from the looks of it, that hasn't changed.

Why did he die?

He conceded from the sheer amount of bullshit OP just pulled on him

if anything you should start playing now to save up those wildcards, there's currently 4 sets that will be around for the entire year, just don't collect sets from M19 and before. You have to build your collection regardless and it's better to start early rather than later

>that webm
Terrible fucking plays. Should've killed the PW. Yeah, you probably win on the spot if they got nothing, but if they go Finality when they untap then you have a citadel and not much else, while they have a vraska.

You have to play to your outs and your opponents outs.

I like how he tried being patient for so long but then couldn't wait to see what card he drew at the very end because the angel was just too much

Attached: based.jpg (500x447, 27K)

I bet you love the Explore packer like the nigger you are

i haven't seen finality in months

Finality makes killing the Wildgrowth the better play. It would kill everyone else and turn Wildgrowth in a 3/5 that keeps gaining life with every explore trigger.

Attached: war-79-bolas-s-citadel.jpg (672x936, 151K)

3 of the 7 sets out now will stay after the rotation in the autumn. 2020 core set is coming out in a couple of weeks. You should get in now.

I need to start recording my sick plays too. Windows 10 was made for this, after all.

I would, but the card aquisition model sucks. I want to just be able to buy singles, not just dump money into random packs. I'll keep just playing on Cockatrice.

>Buying packs
Draft, ya simp

Unironically, I would play this if it was on mobile. I have better shit to play on my PC than card games when I'm at home.

Enjoying limited

Why weren't you aborted?

Limited is literally the greatest way of enjoying Magic. Sorry about your brainlet. git gud

The only fun thing to do is to play mono-blu mill.

Unironically, I don't get why someone would want to add additional RNG elements to Magic. I vastly prefer constructed where I have far greater control over my card and deck quality. At least then, I lose primarily due to being bad.

Also haven't jumped into Arena because they don't have an eternal format yet. No sense in dumping money into it pre-rotation when so many cards are disappearing into the ether.

Is there any R34 of the pretty ladys in this game? If so give sauce.

Attached: 0000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000.jpg (1024x816, 93K)

She's a 300 year old granny using magic spells to fake her appearance, bro. Don't do it.

Attached: isd-105-liliana-of-the-veil.jpg (672x936, 148K)

Liliana is not for lewds

Attached: Oath-of-Liliana-Eldritch-Moon-MtG-Art.jpg (1024x751, 99K)

shadowchad, don't even worry about it

Best waifu coming through.

Attached: m20-68-mu-yanling-sky-dancer.jpg (672x936, 103K)

do i still have too pay real money to unlock booster packs? i used to play a lot of mtg 17 and that was the one thing that pissed me off.

Constructed is RNG too. It depends on the meta you face.
Drafts are fun because you're getting to construct a deck from lists of cards and there's inherent skill in that. It values your card evaluation, your deckbuilding, and not to mention it rewards tight play inside the actual games more as well, having you really try to get all the meat possible from each piece you grabbed.
Furthermore, it also removes the money element of the game. You aren't gonna face a dipshit with 5000 bucks of cards while you only have a 40 buck precon. Everyone is building from the same packs.

This is Magic Arena, not Magic Online. Magic Arena gives you free boosters and cards as you play. No need to pay anything.

Legacy is by far the best format.

No. If you do all the dailies and get 15 wins a week you get around 10 boosters. If you absolutely love grinding you can do more daily wins and get random single cards.
magicarena.fandom.com/wiki/Quests
One booster is 1k gold.

oh ok cool.
alot better system it seems than completing the campaign segments and then getting fucked if you don't want too fork over dough.

Only the first 4 daily wins are worth the time. I don't bother doing more than that unless I feel like playing more Magic.

Yeah, I've gotten a couple rares but otherwise it's just uncommons.

You redeemed "MythicMagic" yet?

Fuck shitty loot box card games.
>DURR BUT IT'S FREE user
Right. ToTaLlY fReE!!!1!

FrEe!!!

Hadn't heard of it. Thanks, man.

are you 12?

I installed it again last night, played a mono green elf tribal, and went 8-0 in ranked. I feel dirty

But it is free. I can build whatever deck I want right now using wildcards and I haven't spent a cent on this game. And this is not even taking into account all the cards I earned at random.

Attached: 26.jpg (151x158, 7K)

Explorer package with Bolas Citadel, Path too Discovery and some cheap creatures is the best way to play

Explore is boring as fuck, though. Black/White > Black/Green, unless it's actual Golgari nonsense, which Explore is not.

*makes a viable mobile interface impossible all by itself*

Attached: Image.ashx.png (223x311, 134K)

Same. I'm kinda low on wildcards at the moment but I have full set of the duals. Shame half of them will be rotating out.

Explore synergizes perfectly with Bolas' Citadel.
It's the only not completely unrealistic way to draw your entire deck with it.

Next you're gonna shill that obnoxious chupacabra

This. I can wait for the shit mechanic to rotate the fuck out. I hope it never returns.

>removal

Why would I play a card that doesn't directly help me combo?

is teferi/nexus/gate cancer still around?
if so no fucking thanks

Nexus is banned in BO1

I haven't seen gates in a long time. Teferi is still around and there's another gay version of him.

Attached: Teferi%2C+Time+Raveler+%5BWAR%5D.jpg (223x311, 33K)

Gate is a joke at this point.
Nexus is as almost as bad as ever, although it's banned in Bo1
Teferi shit is a different flavor of cancer now. There's a new three mana cost Teferi that lets you play sorcery spells at instant speed and doesn't allow your opponents to play anything at instant speed.

>black
Well we know what she is for

Attached: teferi be like.jpg (1024x768, 99K)

alright guess thats another hard pass, maybe this game iwll be playable in 2-3 years

I don't understand how a thinking breathing adult could subject themselves to this game when the lands system exists. There is literally a 1 in 10 chance every match that victory will just be handed to you or your opponent, no matter how you build your deck, with no opportunity for counter-play. Fucking mental midgets, I swear.

Just don't play ranked, bro.

>Your opponent goes first
>Alt+F4

yugiohchads win again

what, they completely remove land search spells and draw speed or something?

>teferi
you know it whiteboi
>gates
no
>nexus
banned in bo1 coinflip mode, won the last big tournament in CHAD bo3

Attached: nexus.png (672x936, 1004K)

>He will never feel that tremendous adrenaline rush of beating an opponent through sheer brilliance even though you've been stumbling on mana for the past 5 turns.
It has its upsides.

Only 3 more months until your bullshit rotates out. God, I can't wait.

No game that tries to copy MtG's land system has been able to do it better, and YGO is total bullshit riddled with OTK's.

Yeah, they all come with their own costs and downsides.

Dumb frog poster

id rather have otks than having to depend on land rng
you know why? you can still fucking play the game in yugioh no matter what

its always a good chance in magic to just completely fucked by mana flooding or mana drought and now you spend your entire time with a non interactive game watching the other retard auto win at least in yugioh you can make a goddamn play each turn

funny
not cute though. you could at least post some cute alongside the funny post.

>you can still fucking play the game in yugioh no matter what
I played enough Duel Links to know you're full of shit. I've had plenty of opening hands that just brick, and you can't mull in YGO

Enchantment that lets you play the top card of your deck, and instead of paying mana for it you pay in life. The guy is running a life-gain deck to counteract that.
The only thing stopping you from playing the entire deck in 1 turn is that you can only cast 1 land per turn, so as soon as he saw the second on top he stopped. Usually decks that use this enchantment have ways to either play multiple lands per turn or ways to draw and/or put top card on bottom and/or put top card on graveyard, so that they can extend their turn as much as possible.

Its out on 2. July

Played for a month, Blueshit made me drop it.
>dude I play it from my hand on either turn so you basically have no counter options lmao

In 2 July, they're also making it so that all the ICRs are only for sets that aren't rotating out.

Oh, I think I got it mixed with the release of the physical set or maybe I just stroked out there.

>he doesn't play tutors

uh oh he's retarded

>2 lines of text
Wow, amazing. You do know Arena separates remainder text from rule text unlike paper, right? If you want something long look at WAR shit like Gideon, Command, Enter, Finale of Promise

Control is blues thing. It’s been that day since day 1 and people have dealt with it since day 1. There are counter options, you’re just shit.

I think he means more because of the bazillion tokens on the field. It's already hard to keep track of that shit with a mouse.

This is the complaint of every shitter that dropped out of magic

Still bad game design

Play Gruul. I beat the shit out of Teferiniggers all the time, every single card in the current meta Gruul deck makes a blue player want to neck himself. Everything has either haste, built-in card advantage, or resists removal and everything MUST be killed immediately or you just win, because an unanswered Legion Warboss or Growth Chamber Guardian can end the game within two or three turns all by itself. It's pretty amusing to play one absolutely-must-answer threat a turn, one-for-oneing them on removal, and then finally triple backflip slam dunking a Vivien or something once they've ran out of cards.

Attached: Image.ashx.png (265x370, 201K)

No it isn’t. Just admit you suck dick and don’t know how to deal with a counter-based playstyle, literal 12 year olds at my LGS know how to deal with “muh counters”, if they can figure it out the only thing stopping you is your low IQ.

This. You can outtempo them, force them to save their mana for off turn instants preventing them from playing their actual threatening cards, bait out their removal with lesser targets, hold your cards until they’ve wasted their removal, etc etc

There are so many ways to deal with blue, seeing someone complain about this has got to be even more embarrassing than seeing a shitter whine about being mana screwed

Attached: A91C3E3D-A0B1-4CEC-9846-FAD8A95C2CD6.png (669x651, 39K)

Blue isn't unfair, but it is unfun. Both to play as and against.

>Unfun to play as

Fun is a zero-sum game. If you're having no fun, that means I'm having all of it.

Attached: flat,550x550,075,f.u3.jpg (550x390, 21K)

You’ve definitely never played merfolk

That or Grixis. I know this deck looks like a clusterfuck but climbed to mythic easily with it.
The Dreadhorde Butchers led to 15% of instant conceedes, that's already a healty win ratio boost. Also fucks turn3 Teferi because it's irrelevant if he bounced it, dies the next turn regardless and I keep 2 points of damage for the next planeswalker. Very good as an aggro deterrent too, mono-red fucking hates him for the 2-for-1 trades. And on those awkward late game topdeck games he just keeps getting damage in, then you can suddenly mini-thud him with your own removal.

There's also a healthy mix of discard + card draw.

Attached: 1561581734654.jpg (1332x426, 260K)

Merfolk is only fun because it's the sickest precon

card games are hard...
I just wannt look at cute girls and open packs

Can you export that deck list?

Attached: 1545626493550.jpg (450x532, 76K)

Magic Arena is fun. I've wasted like 300 hours on it. Now I don't play any other vidya anymore.

Sure. Feel free to play around with the 3 mana planeswalkers, removing them for either AoE or single target removal. Same for 5 mana, I only added dragon boi instead of a 3rd Bolas because I have the 3 mana planeswalkers.

1 Vraska's Contempt (XLN) 129
4 Dragonskull Summit (XLN) 252
4 Drowned Catacomb (XLN) 253
1 Island (XLN) 264
2 Swamp (XLN) 268
2 Sulfur Falls (DAR) 247
3 Nicol Bolas, the Ravager (M19) 218
2 Ritual of Soot (GRN) 84
3 Disinformation Campaign (GRN) 167
4 Thought Erasure (GRN) 206
4 Discovery // Dispersal (GRN) 223
4 Steam Vents (GRN) 257