Buy or pass?

I’m thinking about buying Witcher 3, is this game actually good or is it just a meme that Yea Forums pretends it’s good?

Attached: 9F9C7AFD-56E0-4ABD-A609-1A09401DC978.jpg (616x353, 42K)

Other urls found in this thread:

nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/3522/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Just pirate it nigga.

On PC?
You can probaly mod it until you like it

Attached: 1538681204304.jpg (1707x1233, 3M)

more importantly, if i just watch a video on the story of 1 and 2, will i be missing out on anything?

they're absolutely worth playing but if you're a filthy casul you're fine with starting at 3

You're already missing out like 8 books m8

Buy it even if only for Heart of Stone

What mods do I need to make it fun?

I got the complete edition for 20 bucks a year ago. Just started playing. It's pretty good, combat is boring though

I couldn't play 1 but I did play 2 and 2 was a lot of fun.

Pass. I bought it the other week after browsing a Witcher 3 thread. Ended up refunding because the combat wasn't fun to me. Just pick up W2 for like $2.
If you're worried about the price going back up, the GOTY edition always goes on sale for $15. It was the same price the week prior to the sale.

Attached: 616313251.png (547x500, 246K)

automatic weapon oil application

but W2 has even worse combat and the worst story aspects of all 3

Meme. It is boring as fuck.

Start with 1 you retard. I will never understand fags that start a franchise midway unless is something like FF where games aren't connected.

Attached: Etika reacts to depression.gif (500x438, 3.57M)

I'm gonna pirate it. Everyone here says it's the greatest thing ever, so I'll give it a chance. You niggers are often wrong though

How the fuck is Witcher 3 is worse that 1 or 2? The combat in those is complete dogshit compared to 3

W1 plays like complete shit with worse menus so no

it isn't

3 = 1 > 2

Pass
Hard pass
Don't buy

2 and 3's combat is basically identical. 1 doesn't even have combat, it just has an atrocious and unplayable minigame QTE in place of it.

Why do you keep saying Yea Forums? This is a universally praised game. If anything it didn't get as much attention on Yea Forums as 2.

It's good.

You won't be able to play through the game with a sick-ass tattoo, but that's about it

I don't listen to reddit or gaming journalists. I don't even listen to you guys usually

It's an excellent game. The meme that W3 is a bad game is propagated by soulsfags who are eternally butthurt that W3 (and its expansions) have far, FAR better story and visuals than the Souls series.

You're better off reading the first few books. They're short and the prose is really simple, honestly shouldn't take you longer than 2-3 weeks tops to burn through them.

its depends, of you're a story fag, then sure. But if you hate shitty combat then its not for you.

be ready for webm related

Attached: 1561661696954.webm (600x338, 2.23M)

Story is great but gameplay can be a little braindead if you just go the swordplay route

That's fair. I'd say Yea Forums's recommendations are right about 3/4ths of the time.

SJW trash

Immersive cam, ghost mode

You dont need any. I have 400 hours in it and have only added graphic mods.

play the game with this mod

nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/3522/

lower the sharpness

Witcher 3's combat is fine, nothing special and basically like Bamham with a sword and magic. It is absolutely everything else that is the problem. The story is so slow, boring, and unengaging and the world is so empty and devoid of interesting content that the game is an utter snoozefest to play. There's no reason to tolerate the combat when the game gives you no incentive to play or stay hooked in. Absolutely overrated game, not good at all.

15 dollars for GOTY is a steal. If you arent a mega poor NEET i would buy it 100%

Attached: benisOK.jpg (232x217, 7K)

Just fucking pirate it. If you love it so much as to suck dev cock then buy it later.

Attached: 1C046674-8334-471D-B80A-7CFBA04A5780.jpg (568x479, 46K)

it's perfectly fine on a big screen

Attached: 1551321402390.jpg (2841x2160, 3.77M)

This post but the opposite. Combat could be better but everything else is 10/10.

it's a great game

biggest cons:
- tonnes of shit loot
- leveling is too much of a factor

others here complain about the combat, but it's pretty good to me honestly, a bit too easy but it's really not a big issue

Fuck off reddit, Yea Forums doesnt like the witcher.

Without a doubt the best game ever made, truly a master piece.
Only fat ugly weeb virgin poorfags would say otherwise.

>t. hasnt played the game

Attached: SAVEr.jpg (382x341, 35K)

look at geralt, and the leafs at the sides its too much gamma is wrong as well, but if you're fine with it whatever

nu-Yea Forums doesn't like witcher

old Yea Forums fucking loved witcher since 1

based and truthpilled

Attached: capybara.jpg (690x900, 219K)

W3 is more a sequel to plotlines left over from the books than the two games preceding it. You're fine without playing the previous games, but hit the books sometime.

fucking kek its perfect

Unironically this.
its dark souls but with shitty exploration and much easier even on death march.

I started with 3 and just went back and played the first 2 for the story then read the books.

>*whistles for magic horse*
>autoruns on road to quest marker
>*toucan sam vision activates*
>"Mhmm....giant slash marks all over the victim....a Drowner™, gotta be"
>"Come on, Roach"
>*follows nose*
>guys in Drowner™ costumes appear
>"OY BLOODY 'ELL FUCKING CUNT SHIT FUCK CUNT, IT'S A FUCKIN' WITCHER IT IS! GET "EM"
>"Shit you stink" ALALALALALALALALA *sets guys on fire and they stumble and recover immediately, does a cinematic slash and cuts guys in half"
>"Mhmm....Bandits™ pretending to be Drowners™......better tell the village head about this"
>"Come on, Roach"
>*autoruns on road back to village*
>"OY BLOODY FUCK CUNT WITCHAH, WOT ABOUT DA CONTRACT WESE PAIDS YA FOR YA BLOODY FUCKING CUNT?"
>"Just some bastards posing as Drowners™, here's proof *shows flipper*"
>"OY KURWA, HERE'S YA REWARD DA WHOLE VILLAGE CHIPPED IN"
>"Drowning in Danger" Complete AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
>10 crowns received

Attached: 1547695401832.png (185x272, 90K)

Attached: file.png (400x400, 283K)

fuck old Yea Forums for liking this series.

do it
the whole season pass is worth just for blood and wine,

Played some The Witcher 3 and gave up again after running into another instance of stretching out content. "Before proceeding in Family Matters Geralt must find the Baron's wife Anna, which can only be done by completing the quests Hunting a Witch, Wandering in the Dark and Ladies of the Wood."

Finding the Bloody Baron's daughter has already been like five different quests.

I just want to meet Ciri already and move the story on, dammit.

Then I was going to meet Triss but when I got to her home I find out I have to follow a bunch of thieves and talk to some beggars and there will probably be ten more quests after that before I can talk to her.

Why does The Witcher 3 draw things out so much and have annoying quests like finding someone's lost goat and why do gamers not mind it?

Now imagine the game on a 50" monitor with you sitting around 5 feet from it

Im enjoying it, combat is a bit monotonous, but the dialogue and lore behind all the quests is really cool. The story is fairly interesting. Theres tons of things to take care of on the map. But its almost too much at times, botw did open world better overall. But TW3 is a ton of fun.

delet

The thing about Witcher is that those quest that are there to add more content are actually interesting unlike other games. Its hard to get immersed with ADHD i understand user.

I can't imagine why anyone would ever do this

This is exactly how I feel and why I gave up on it. It is so fucking boring and the writing is nowhere near strong enough to do this with it. The pacing is absolute garbage and nothing ever happens. It is just all filler.

>50" monitor
you mean TV, right?

Nope
it's 4k too

>witcher 1
>worse menus than 3
jesus christ what a take

The storytelling and lore/worldbuilding is unparalleled. It's a more fleshed out world with more natural characters and monsters than I've ever encountered. The gameplay itself is mediocre, but serviceable. It's like virtually every other game or RPG in existence; fun casually but easy to break if you're not retarded.

I think it's the greatest RPG ever made from an aesthetic/lore/worldbuilding perspective. It's both massive and detailed.

It's the best RPG ever made, if anyone says otherwise just ask what they think is the best, and proceed to laugh at their wrongness

Why is Geralt so rude to his horse?

Imagine a bed in front of a sofa
The sofa backrest has approximately an angle of 130°
Now imagine lying down while using an entire bed as your footrest

It’s good, maybe not the best rpg or game ever but it can be really comfy sometime

>RPG

>t. horse fucker

I thoroughly enjoyed it. Better Combat Enhanced mod improves lackluster combat somewhat if on PC.

That is clearly accurate but go on. Prove how it isn't.

you are role playing as Geralt of Rivia

are these outfits in the game or are they modded in?

because she likes it