Swords should be kept on your hip. If you have a giant sword strapped to your back...

Swords should be kept on your hip. If you have a giant sword strapped to your back, you're a weeb who will get kliled before you have the chance to reach back and grab it. One-handed sword+shield is the most logical combo.

Attached: h.png (487x707, 632K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=DA83R3_qKY0
youtube.com/watch?v=q-bnM5SuQkI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Idiot. You draw your sword well before combat takes place. Also, obviously you don't draw it from the back, you take it off before drawing it. The superior reach gives you an advantage over tiny-dick swords and is also effective against cavalry.

just use a gun faggot

Sword is a backup weapon, you would want it on your hip so you can draw it after your spear gets stuck in some dead fuck's chest.

*Polearms into your general direction*

>you dont draw it from your back
>you take it off before drawing it
Is this like one of those "Half an A press" things?

swordlet cope

>"G-guys.. you better wait for me to get ready or I'm telling."

>2019
>Not having both

Attached: idort.jpg (1200x800, 210K)

*has full plate armor equipped*
What now peasant?

Spears/Halberds are just giant swords, except the handle is longer than the blade. Anyway you do it, the point is that little swords are worse.

But 2 handed swords look way cooler and more intimidating than 1 handed swords, and swords are literally only to look cool anyway. They've been obsolete since before they were created. I only ever use my sword to close my door while I'm laying in bed so I don't have to get up.

And it looks cool when I do it because it's a big-ass 2 handed sword that reaches across the room.

Now we play catch :^)

Yes, user. I'm sure that using a giant sword you bought at the mall to perform menial tasks because you're too fat to get out of bed looks very cool.

>gets exhausted after a short run
>shits self
>overheats
>cries that armor isn't that heavy because you watch epic HEMA youtubers
And finally
>killed by random guy with katana
This is how it would actually go for all of these pathetic LARPers following a bandwagon and thinking they're unique..

The virgin swordsman vs The Chad Halberdier

Attached: 41n-hyW8waL.jpg (281x500, 19K)

Stay mad, armorlet

Attached: 1557572285743.png (429x709, 449K)

where my sarissachads at?

Attached: sarissa.jpg (500x375, 105K)

Looks way cooler than if I had a dinky little 1 handed sword that would force me to lean like 3 feet off my bed just to reach the door. And I'm lazy, I'm not fat.

>Halberds
Axe, it's an axe

>being dirty peasants

The only polearm a true warrior needs is lance.

>Not having your weapon readied the minute you spot the enemy a mile away
youtube.com/watch?v=DA83R3_qKY0

OP should stop being a faggot and understand the only logical setup is a gun

Attached: 4 METERS katana guy.jpg (1024x560, 103K)

Reminds me, what is up with characters in games keeping knives on their shoulders and stuff now? Keeping them on your belt at hand level is far more practical.

The arguments in this thread, literally people pretending to know anything about sword combat

Swords being on the back is for traveling and keeping it out of the way when you're not expecting to fight. Strap a stick to your waist and walk around your house. Will get annoying real fucking fast.

Long swords / bastard swords were carried like normal sized swords. They were quite cumbersome, granted, so during long marches, they were carried on top of wagon or pack animal.

If they were carried on back, it was on sling, like rifle.

>Most common combination throughout history and across the world.
>0.001% of games let you use it.
The fuck is up with this?

Attached: hoplite.jpg (500x329, 17K)

It's not even a problem unique to vidya, it's a cliche that's been rampant in all forms of media and throughout the centuries. Sword is, for whatever reason, seen as prestigious and not lowly like a spear, despite the fact that spears are objectively better, more common, and swords were only ever used as backup sidearms

>spears are objectively better, more common
true
>swords were only ever used as backup sidearms
that is hot steaming bullshit.

Attached: DUCKS.jpg (710x1066, 55K)

Axes are just swords that can't stab good.

spears were "better" because they were far cheaper to make and required very little training to handle properly.

:::Teleports behind you:::
You appear to have a fair understanding of the blade user. But can you keep up with Hiten Mitsurugi Ryu?

Attached: Hiten Mitsurugi.jpg (367x500, 26K)

so in other words, all-around better.

Knigga Reporting
Wir waren Könige und Scheiße

Attached: Attach07.jpg (800x1423, 281K)

The swordsmiths will carefully break the kera apart, and separate the various carbon steels. The lowest carbon steel is called hocho-tetsu (soft iron), which is used for the shingane (translated as "core-steel") of the blade. The high carbon steel (tamahagane) and higher carbon pig iron, called nabe-gane, will then be forged in alternating layers, using very intricate methods to form the very hard steel for the edge, called hagane (edge steel), and the springy metal jacket, called kawagane (skin steel).

The most useful process is the folding, where the metals are forge welded, folded, and welded again, as many as 1600 times. The folding removes impurities and helps even out the carbon content, while the alternating layers combine hardness with ductility to greatly enhance the toughness.

Currently, tamahagane is only made three or four times a year by Nittoho and Hitachi Metals during winter in a wood building and is only sold to the master swordsmiths to use once it is made.

Attached: 1444377839647.gif (400x225, 1.87M)

>somersaults at you
youtube.com/watch?v=q-bnM5SuQkI

That's with a katana only

>If you have a giant sword strapped to your back, you're a weeb who will get kliled before you have the chance to reach back and grab it.
Pictured here: A weeb

Attached: file.png (900x1476, 2.21M)

>killed by a random peasant with a flail and a one-eyed general with a mace
Fixed that for you historylet :)

Attached: Hussites vs Christians.jpg (700x466, 80K)

*Blocks your path

Attached: Jan Zizka mace.jpg (608x464, 33K)

Attached: witcher combat irl.webm (952x534, 2.94M)

It's okay to embrace the cool every once in a while.

Attached: 42694808.jpg (1000x580, 321K)

Well, he never strapped it to his back. he just hefted it over his shoulder and carried it like a polearm.

Attached: LA DE DA DE DA.png (954x501, 1.04M)

where's the best place IRL that let's me swing sharp objects at human heads?

Attached: 1538583816028.png (195x298, 32K)

grug smash shiny metal man

Attached: mordhau-win64-shipping.exe 2019.05.19 - 22.40.22.04.DVR.webm (640x358, 2.99M)

your bathroom, shaving your face

>TWO hammers
kek

What a chad

shields, longswords and plate armor is for straight pussies. katana is a real weapon

Always found it a bit dumb how they attached a fucking IRON head to that thing.
Historical Mauls were actually made out of hard wood and that's about it, people couldn't possibly lift and swing that shit around if it the hammerhead was made out of iron, it'd be too heavy.

Even against a trained swordsman a spear user still has the advantage in almost all situations

im just tryna look cool alright? let me have this

guns dont exist in a hypothetical situation. Have you ever thought about that?

>ARROW'D!

Attached: Heroic.Legend.of.Arslan.Ep02.x264.AC3_Simu.mkv_snapshot_02.45_[2019.06.27_17.09.25].jpg (1024x576, 85K)

Because when you're playing a video game, you're usually not part of a huge formation

*grabs your non-sharp super long handle on your polearm and stabs you*
nothing personal kid

Ok, so there's a code in weaponry. if you can hit your enemy, and they cannot hit you, you win. Ergo, a spear beats a sword. So, what happens when you take the best possible melee weapon - a Halberd - and attach a fucking gun to it or, more accurately, TWO?

You get the most beautiful goddamn weapon in existence.

Attached: large_DI_2011_0607 (1).jpg (1920x697, 55K)

Based. Archery is the thinking man's hobby.

What about guns on camels?!

Attached: 1523585204435.jpg (581x358, 92K)

Guns run out faggot, plus could you load your gun on time?

no one cares, historycuck.

everything exists in hypothetical situations. have you considered that?

if you have to fight so many people that running out of ammo might be a problem, chances are you'd get fucked if you had to face the same amount of people in a swordfight because you're not in dark souls anyway
that is, unless you're willing to take off your pants and let me show you some real swordfighting big boy

>One-handed sword+shield is the most logical combo
i prefer trident and net. yep. good ol trident and net

There no "most logical combo", it all depends on the situation at hand.

based

You're a faggot nonetheless carrying a severely outdated weapon in modern times.

>another armlet thread
with some slits in your sheath and good posture you can draw that shit in less than a second
real question is this: hip holster, shoulder holster or ankle holster?

Would still be really hard if not impossible to draw in either of those positions, but Raiden is like 10% human at this point so whatever.

>you have a giant sword strapped to your back, you're a weeb
user, katanas were held on the hip and that's the most weeb someone can possibly be

The sheathe actually compensates for it, they didn't bother doing it every time but I remember at least one time where the sheathe slides down a bit to help him sheathe it on his back. At least I'm 90% I'm not making this shit up in my head since I haven't played it in forever.

>When your super elite legion of homosexual spearmen get btfo by a pack of roman twinks whose tunics hardly cover their butts when they throw their jawlines.

Attached: tumblr_nrgyvfn4rx1szqwnwo1_500.jpg (480x440, 106K)

REEEEE DOESN'T COUNT THE TERRAIN WASN'T LEVEL

Attached: fat pink wojak.png (593x635, 210K)

Guess you hit the nail on the head, look at the seething faggots itt. HEMAtards are such a joke.