THIS IS A GOOD GAME

Is crafting actually useful in this game? Any tips for a summoner character? What's your party composition?

I'm runnning:
-red prince as fighter
- myself as summoner/aethurge
-Beast as cleric/necro
-Ifan as wayfarer

Looking for ways to increase my survivability. Some fights I just get shit luck and I'm decimated, reloading saves to fight better.

One thing I hate most about this game is your party travels close together when running, so if you run into a room and then a fight begins adn you have shitty initiative, enemies will go first, and when they go first they have a major advantage in just AOE nuking your tightly packed party, so by the time your turn rolls around you're shieldless and in some cases low health.

Attached: skele.png (1200x675, 1.3M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_0JyzyC-lXg
youtu.be/7Ij0eebp1zw
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Crafting is kind of useless compared to the first game.
You know there's a formation menu which allows you to spread your party apart, right?
Also necromancy is pretty useful on a summoner.

warfare/fire
aerotheurge/geomancer
polymorphy/scoundrel
necromancy/hydrosophist
this way everyone can dish out physical and magic damage

>formation menu

Attached: 1542362622602.png (328x489, 56K)

He's right tho

>Is crafting actually useful in this game?
Some potions can make or break certain fights.

>Any tips for a summoner character?
The mnemonic talent helps early on, combine elemental skillbooks with summoning skillbooks to get said element's infusion on your incarnate, get summong to 10 as fast as possible.

>What's your party composition?
Last playthrough I had custom aero battlemage, Red as a pyro/summoner, Sebille as necro/hydro, and Beast as geo/warfare.

>Looking for ways to increase my survivability.
Learn uncanny evasion, evasive aura, chameleon cloak, living on the edge, and get at least 2 1AP teleport abilities on each character.

>One thing I hate most about this game is your party travels close together when running,
Set formations toggle ON for combat start.

Attached: 20190622035623_1.jpg (1920x1080, 719K)

Me: warfare/scoundrel/pyro/necro
Wife: polymorph/summoning
Ifan: scoundrel/geomancy
Lohse: huntsman/hydrosophist

how does aero/geo deal out physical?

> get summong to 10 as fast as possible.
Ah so the colossal monstrosity thing I've read about that replaces Incarnate at level 10 is pretty buff then? Looking forward to it.

Started a lone wolves coop game with my best friend

We're an undead duo and our names are Jack Marrow and Indiana Bones.

when the fuck is this coming out anyway

Divinity 2 is out.

Are you referring to Baldur's Gate 3?

i thought this was Divinity Fallen Heroes

this meant for

teleport, reactive armor, corrosive touch and earthquake for the knockdown
i guess you need 1 point in necromancy for the corrosive touch

I hadn't heard anything about that actually. An expansion or a full game then?

>bone colour
>Nutmeg
MY MAN

Probably late this year from what I hear.

Attached: 20190524040312_1.jpg (1920x1080, 457K)

word. I usually forget teleport hurts things because I only ever focus on throwing the toughest enemies far, far away while I clean up the chaff.

a completely separate full game

In reality it's more cosmetic than it is a huge buff on its own right.

But summoning scales very well anyway and that's why it's good. Summoners are also dual damage types while only sinking in one tree. As incarnates can be physical (always try to go for blood) or elemental (cursed lightning infusion is beyond retarded).

It's a completely different game on its own right. Obviously built upon the engine for 2, of course.

I am unsure if its just a series of scripted battles or if each 'mission' is its own little DOS2 map that you play through. They haven't been overly clear on this.

>playing through this coop with my friend as elf skelly summoner wearing other peoples faces and dwarf skelly thief with a bucket on his head
fun as fuck, i chat to people while my buddy pickpockets them then everything goes tits up and we have to murder everybody, who i then eat

>splitting your damage
Pointless

I dont think I ever used crafting to be honest.
You either buy or steal whatever you need from merchants.

>nutmeg
>not pure white
fucking bonelets i swear

Custom characters get a subpar story. Only Origins get the good stuff.

it's not
the whole point of everyone able to dip in to both types is that i can always use all my characters to focus their weakest defense

What are your favorite fights/ost anons?

youtube.com/watch?v=_0JyzyC-lXg

wrong
this game you need to have a dedicated dmg dealer for both separately
you should not have mages doing physical and magic

no, action points from all your characters provide way mode damage to a signle target than anything you might lose for double dipping
you can grind individual targets down way faster if you use all your characters than if you have only for example 2 party members dealing certain type of damage to 2 different enemies at the same time

>Is crafting actually useful in this game?
To some point. Grenades are always useful.
>Any tips for a summoner character?
Just get to summoning 10 ASAP.
>What's your party composition?
A glass cannon bowman with invisibility
A fighter with some polymorph spells
A terramancer to spam Earthquake, global cooling and Ice shards (one that focuses on CC and not damage)
A summoner with some support skills

>He doesn't give his mage a shield so they can throw it for over 2k phys damage on a 2-turn cooldown

Attached: 1394503349444.gif (242x250, 91K)

The remake of Drunk with Dwarven Mirth in DII is baller, but nothing beats the original.

youtu.be/7Ij0eebp1zw

Arrows and bombs along with potions and food are the only shit worth crafting imo.

Attached: D67DCEB4-16F0-40D2-BBCA-82B2FCBCA36B.jpg (1024x973, 135K)

>pirated game when it came out
>played for like 70 hours before I even got half way into the story
>bought game on Steam
>find out theres mods for classes
>start a solo Vampire Sybille playthrough and have a blast for 30 hours

I will be honest, I played plenty isometric rpgs and they were all just worth it for the story. But this game is actually fucking fun.
I just wish that instead of islands you just had a open world so I could freely go anywhere from the start. Being bound to areas is the only flaw for me but everything else is great.

Attached: Divinity Original Sin 2 Screenshot 2017.10.02 - 03.04.14.70_xXx.jpg (1920x1080, 822K)

Who cares about weakest defence? If you focus everyone on the same damage type you'll tear through anything regardless. Physical is the easiest to focus on considering how warfare scales and it means your healer can join in against undead