C:DDA Thread

I think I'm starting to have fun? Still haven't even worked out how to drive a car

Attached: new-cdda.png (1025x768, 213K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Mj5XRZVL6OM&list=PLKn4Z-msM-9IXKD4cchi-YfSa4_OgCYtj&index=8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Most cars you find are probably dead that's why.

how do you do combat in this game?
everytime i just get a knife spear or weapon with reach and use that, but knife spear is getting boring

peep this: youtube.com/watch?v=Mj5XRZVL6OM&list=PLKn4Z-msM-9IXKD4cchi-YfSa4_OgCYtj&index=8
dude makes quite a few tips and tricks videos about C:DDA. This episode is VERY useful for understanding cars

Attached: 1525330307771.png (693x1101, 24K)

Crafting and scavenging
What kind of answer are you looking for here

im saying combat, not the game.
what play styles are there? is there any decent unarmed build I can do? anytime I get within range i get bit, so I always use the knife spear to prevent that but its so damn boring.

Higher dodge, armor and combat skills help with that but I prefer ranged laser weapons

>ranged laser weapons
how do you get those? do you make it?

I did a multiarmed martial artist that dodged everything and flipped everyone who touched me over, allowing me to break them easily and swiftly without me ever getting hurt even when surrounded.
But this was many years and I don't remember the mechanics or anything so I've got no idea how I did that or what was needed. You can play efficient martial artists though at the very least. At the very least in old versions.

I once found a full set of plate armor plus longsword. It felt good until I came across grenade throwing zombies. That's when I realized the game is just unfair bullshit.

I’d say they’re late game because you need to find them in labs which you need a keycard to enter which you get from scientist zombs and even then they are rare and use rare ammo. I’m playing on an older version though so I’m not completely sure if they’ve changed the how they work. I’d recommend this guy “Rycon Roleplays” on YouTube he’s got great Cata playthroughs.

welcome to roguelikes/lites

fuck i keep forgetting to take off that name

guys, what do you guys do after you get a lot of gear?
I'm asking what do you guys do for the long run? after i play enough i kinda hit a bump in the road where i don't have anything to do other than get more food and water.

I feel the same way but I’m pretty sure NPC’s can give interesting quests, I haven’t tried the new version yet but they should have fixed the npc by now.

just killed my first chicken walker with a character who also managed to kill a beagle tank. feels good

Attached: 1561490511885.gif (262x323, 1.34M)

How’d you manage that? I had one kill me early on with a grenade launcher while I was riding a bike out of town.

Cars drive so dumb that I end up crashing them everytime

Knife spears are hot trash now because they break so easily and were seriously nerfed.

IMO you're better off making a cudgel and learning how to use the environment to your advantage. Basically make it so that any time a zombie is coming into your range, they are either climbing onto or stepping off difficult terrain. Take a swing and instantly take off again and most of the time the zombies won't have enough movement points to actually land an attack on you.

Once you've got the hang of this, find yourself a mansion and a decent sword and you've basically won the game. I still use guns for shockers though.

Is it still "balanced" into not funness?

Do NPC stuff and build a deathmobile.

luck, and having an anti-material rifle (see luck). drove right up to it without noticing, reversed 100 feet down the road and sat around with an m107 until he came into range. surprisingly just one shot was enough.

I've also found that if they're in the open and you have a fast bike you can do a sort of driveby with the M72, or just drive into range at top speed and get the rocket fired before they finish targeting.