86 Metacritic score

>86 Metacritic score

OH NO NO NO NO

Boomers on suicide watch.

Attached: amid evil game.jpg (639x361, 38K)

The Metacritic score system is 0 to 100, so a score of 50 would be an average game. Therefore an 86 would be a pretty good game. Think for yourself.

That's actually really good for a niche indie game in a genre that is not that popular among reviewers.

Zoomers are the generation that stopped doing that as a whole

FPS games aren't popular with reviewers?

not the boomer kind. It doesnt have lesbian nigger cutscenes

That's fucking great for any game, what the fuck are you talking about?

Bait or retarded?
Zoomers are thinking more for themselves than boomers. You see zoomers go "reviews don't matter, only my own opinion does" all the time.

No it's not. Anything below 90 is garbage. 95 is average.

Kill yourself, boomer.

Not the ones that are low on story, graphics and general presentation.
It a Zelda game got that score it would be a cause for concern.

because of how skewed the ratings are i would agree anything below 90 is trash. reviewers act like ever game has a silver lining that makes it worth playing. the markets oversaturated and im not going to be bothered forgetting about another indie fps once i close this thread. more games than ever are trying to get my attention. if it isnt 90 or above ill just play from my backlog a game that is.watch reviewers start making 90 their lowest score.

is this bait to talk about the game? because its a pretty fucking good game

Bait.

Its the most perfect piece of art

Attached: 92565500-vollbild.png (1920x1080, 2.24M)

yes, bait is the only way to talk about obscure indie games. i fucking hate Yea Forums.

Because this game geniunely feels inspired instead of the same "ah ah dude you fight le ebil cultists and demons in hell xddd"

Kino.

Attached: amid evil13.jpg (1920x1080, 680K)

>only my own opinion does
their favorite streamers opinion you mean

You people are fucking weird and need to stop drinking the console makers koolaid

I know this thread is bait but

Doom II - 83
Duke Nukem - 89
Blood - 82

Dusk - 88
Amid Evil 86

leave Metacritic to me....

Attached: IonMaiden.jpg (890x608, 446K)

How fucking long does it take to make a trailer

>Still not even finished yet
Ha

This game gave me fucking motion sickness. First FPS I've played that made me take a break. That being said, it's fun.

Its probably spread made but they're gonna drop it a couple days before launch
Q2 ends in like 3 more days there's gonna be somethin

Attached: 2019_06_27_18_22_30_272.jpg (1920x1080, 721K)

Only the good ones
> Metroid Prime (97) (Nintendo)
> Perfect Dark (97) (Nintendo)
> Bioshock (97) (2K Games)
> Portal (97) (Valve)
> Half-Life 2 (97) (Valve)
> Halo CE (97) (Microsoft)
> GoldenEye 007 (96) (Nintendo)
> Half-Life (96) (Valve)
No other FPS has a review score higher than 95

great shaders and art style, but fantasy shooter is ultimate showstopper

Based, those reviews are accurate

(You)

I bet you prefer generic cultist shit over this cool high/surrealist fantasy style that is unlike pretty much any other shooter.

Attached: amid evil6.jpg (1920x1080, 593K)

>I bet you prefer generic cultist shit
i don't

>that is unlike pretty much any other shooter.
looks exactly like hexen and just as boring

Attached: 1234140762372.jpg (900x1313, 151K)

How is Amid Evil? is the level design actually good or it reeks of indie like Dusk?

I still yet to finish DUSK ep2+3
ep1 was great.

Attached: ss_c8c61a6569a988783c8550f1d5334931e829cbce.1920x1080.jpg (1920x1080, 523K)

Looks nothing like Hexen. Hexen is a dark, dreary fantasy, Amid Evil is very bright and vibrant and more akin to 'high fantasy.'

>"dude its a retro FPS throwback"
Yeah, no thanks. Really, you're usually just better off playing the old games.

It looks nothing like Hexen, you've clearly played neither. Hexen is more of a grimdark fantasy game with lots of grey, black, and red in the color palette. Amid Evil is way more surreal/dreamy and has lots of purple, blue, and orange mixed in with the darker colors.

Attached: hexen.jpg (480x360, 19K)

It still hurts bros.

Attached: HellraidSkeleton.jpg (1200x800, 157K)

It's amazing.

>Hexen is a dark, dreary fantasy, Amid Evil is very bright and vibrant and more akin to 'high fantasy.'

>Techland
It would've been shit, we all know it.

Attached: moving goalposts.jpg (276x183, 11K)

>The Metacritic score system is 0 to 100, so a score of 50 would be an average game
It would if gaming critics didn't move the median to ~80, so, no, stop pretending to be retarded like you didn't know it already

So you go into a thread about a style of FPS you don't like to inform everyone that you don't like fantasy FPS'. Good job, now fuck off.

Read: he also uses an axe
That's all you have.

you are right - i haven't played either, because for me >fantasy shooter is ultimate showstopper
you fuucking butthurt, illiterate retard

What's the game where you kill like priests and angels and shit and it's really bloody?

It's ok I guess, the art design is fucking fantastic for the levels
Dusk is better overall

i like the art style and i like shooters, so i commented on what i like. Go eat a dick or buckshot

But you don't like fantasy shooters, yet here you are.

>only my own opinion does
>expresses his opinions solely through shitty Wojaks
oooookay

uncle todd isn't going to stop molesting you

i like games so yes - here i am on v. people can have different opinions, you dilating echo chamber dwelling tranny

why the fuck are there so many retro FPS shooters? I feel like 10 have came out this year alone

There's a Halo thread right now and I hate Halo. Unlike you, however, I'm not going to go into that thread and say, "I like the music but Halo is a dogshit game,' and proceed to argue with the people who just want to talk about Halo.

that's literally just a covenant ship from halo

There's been 2, Dusk and Amid Evil. 3 if you count Project Warlock. Ion Maiden and Wrath are in the works so 4 / 5 total.

>giving a shit about reviews
>ever

yeah nah, ill just play the game like an adult, thanks.

go fuck yourself, you asshurt crybaby. Your game is shit as well as halo series and you'd be a retard for not speaking up your mind.

These are fantastic reviews though...

God Tier
>Astral Equinox
>Solar Solstice
>Arcane Expanse

Good Tier
>The Void
>Domain of the Sentinels
>The Forges

Okay Tier
>The Sacred Path

Attached: Da Ba Dee Da Ba Die.png (1920x1080, 3.55M)

God some of the models in Dusk are so fucking stupid-looking. There's a difference between low-poly and just poorly-made.

tell your uncle to leave you alone, he doesn't have a right to touch you like that

>Forges above Sacred Path
Explain yourself.

>Yea Forums thinks this looks bad

Attached: amid evil12.jpg (1920x1080, 795K)

I'm pretty sure the lawsuit has delayed their plans a bit.

I enjoyed the tight platforming of ep5 over the needlessly open levels of ep3.

have you been touched by your uncle or something? you seem to be fixated on the subject.

The problem is Amid Evil is one of the games that looks much worse when not in motion. In motion it's absolutely gorgeous.

Fair enough, personally I didn't care for the tight platforming. Loved the rainy atmosphere and lighting though.

I like how it almost approaches Unreal in artstyle (M1E1 especially) but it doesn't take itself seriously enough to offer a truely immersive fantasy FPS experience

Isn't there a rule for make the colored lighting subtle? Agressive colours looks like a noob mistake to me.
At this point, Wrath will release before IM.

I wish they'd be more open about this stuff, there's been like zero new stuff revealed since Heskel's House of Horrors

>Isn't there a rule for make the colored lighting subtle? Agressive colours looks like a noob mistake to me.
>MUH COLOUR THEORY

it looks good even when not in motion

Attached: amid evil11.jpg (1920x1080, 486K)

Sacred Path is pretty to look at but yeah, the rainy atmosphere of the Forges was very nice. The Forges are apparently in some sort of marsh or swamp based on the first level but after that level it's all indoors. I wish we got more outdoor areas; then again I'm a sucker for swamps.

Attached: 1385340695991.png (1024x768, 590K)

What's wrong with colour theory? They're like the basics.

By Metacritic standards for video games this is not the case.

For music, TV and movies. Anything higher than 60 is considered good. This is shown quite visibly because their scores change green at 61.

For video games, scores don't turn green until 76.

Honestly would have prefered a swamp over Forges. Thematically it just seems out of place next to all the knights and temples and stuff

should I buy this or nu doom? I've gotten the itch for old school fps lately and I've already burned through painkiller black

Both. You can get both of them for like $15 each right now.

goalpost was already moved the second the butt-blasted retard started arguing about two fantasy shooters being different, when initial statement was ''fantasy shooter is ultimate showstopper'' (i.e. shooters and fantasy setting don't blend together well)

Both

>(i.e. shooters and fantasy setting don't blend together well)
Your opinion is not a fact.

it was never presented as one

Doom 4
>sci-fi theme with journeys to hell
>pretty standard guns with an upgrade system
>mostly linear level design with arenas
Amid Evil
>fantasy theme with 7 different worlds
>crazy guns that shoot lighting, crystals, planets, etc.
>keyhunting level design
whichever one sounds more appealing

>(i.e. shooters and fantasy setting don't blend together well)
Then what is this?

nu-doom will never scratch painkiller itch - wait for sam 4

The gameplay looks straight out of a 80s power fantasy metal album. For me is an instant buy. Also fuck zoomerinos

Attached: ebkkotbbcb0jkyylbega.png.jpg (1920x1080, 732K)

a quote

his opinion

He made a statement based on his personal opinion. He didn't claim that, in his opinion it didn't blend together, he flat out said they don't blend together.

Are there any games like this with heavy emphasis on additional movement mechanics like strafe and rocket jumping? I like things that let me move fast and reward me for mastering movement tech

i think you might have legit mild autism - you should check yourself

You need to learn how to speak properly and avoid threads about particular types of games you don't like because you aren't adding to anything and just shitposting. I hope you enjoyed your (yous), I won't be giving you any more.

Zooms are the ones playing this though.

They wouldn't touch a game like Dusk or Amid Evil.

>No strafe jumping/air control mechanics
so it's worse than Dusk which is worse than Quake

Nunreal Tournament.