ITT: Over-hated games

ITT: Over-hated games.

Attached: H2x1_NSwitch_YookaLaylee_image1600w.jpg (1600x800, 270K)

No, this game actually fucking sucks. So glad I decided to pirate it before I wasted money on it.

This isn't a homage, its a blatant rip off thats trying way too hard. Fuck this game.

No. That game is so fucking low effort. It's almost like they took to long to make a fucking sequel and forgot how to make a collectathon.

Also doesn't help that only 2 people from the original team made it.

No game triggers boomers quite like YL.

It plays differently though.

Proved OPs point.

the character designs in this game except for the main villain are absolute bottom tier shit

How is saying bad things about a game proving that it doesn't deserve to have bad things said about it

It's not over-hated if the feedback is deserved

>pic unrelated

I was excited for YL when I thought it would be like BK and Conker, but when reviewers said it was more like Tooie, I stopped caring.
Unironically I am looking forward to YL2, since Retro isn't working on a new DKC game and I do want more DKC.

Attached: a30.jpg (988x1024, 102K)

Attached: 230015b.jpg (156x219, 16K)

That boss in the first world that you have to roll up a ramp to hurt fucking sucks

if you get passionately upset about Fortnite and/or have ever compared it to Minecraft, you are probably a sad 15-25 year old guy who does nothing every day but masturbate and play video games, with a side of posting on r/gaming about how much you hate Fortnite to give yourself the illusion of productivity.

Attached: 8704d4d5ffd1c315ac8e2c805a585764.jpg (1920x1080, 483K)

>slips

Attached: MAIN-MAIN-Gerrard-Slip-Cake.jpg (615x409, 40K)

at the same time, if you passionately love this game you are either

The tables have turned and now melee has become the most overhated game
>BOO HOO YOURE NOT PLAYING THE GAME I LIKE TO PLAY WHY DONT YOU TURN ON ITEMS AND PLAY ON THESE STAGES
let people play the game the way they want to play, christ

>game is fucking awful
>point out that the game is fucking awful
>"haha you proved OP's point about it being over-hated"

Attached: 1413868509087.gif (500x222, 1.52M)

It's not really bad, it's just that it copy pasted a very outdated formula(n64 Collectathons), even today people are looking back at Banjo and Mario 64 and realizing how much they aged poorly, it's Why Crash's remake of the more linear 3D Gameplay doesn't seem nearly as outdated and why Shadow and Sonic's gameplay in SA2 aged Better than Rouge and Knuckles Collectathon lite levels

Mario odyssey and a Hat in Time show that the Collectathon Genre can be modernised though

Jokes on you user, im actually a 26 y/o who does nothing but vidya and masturbate

Attached: 50a.jpg (470x595, 201K)

Pretty much.

Game isn't even close to being bad

>even today people are looking back at Banjo and Mario 64 and realizing how much they aged poorly
Fuck off, Mario 64 and Kazooie are still amazing

Melee isn't hated. Smelee-fags are hated, and righly so.

>at the same time, if you passionately love this game you are either

It absolutely is. Boring = bad, and this is one of the most boring games I've ever played.

and that still stands

Super Mario 64 is great, but you're wrong, it has still aged very poorly.

Game ran and played like shit.

Levels 2-4 were boring with 1 and 5 being the stand outs. The expansion gimmick was used well and the power-ups were hit or miss. Plus flight was fucking broken.

Once I hit 100 pagies I b-lined to the boss and deleted it.

It hasn't "Aged Poorly", much like Seinfeld for sitcoms it codified so much of 3D videogames it just seems.inimpressive by today's standards. It's still perfectly functional.

oh fuck off mario 64 may not have aged well graphically but the gameplay is still as responsive as it has always been. Why do you think speedrunners still jizz their pants to it to this day?

Also X-2 and the XIII trilogy. II is the only truly bad FF game

Attached: __gladiolus_amicitia_ignis_scientia_noctis_lucis_caelum_and_prompto_argentum_final_fantasy_xv_and_et (1100x657, 626K)

XIII is genuinely bad. XIII-2 and LR are okay.

>"D-don't *hic* worry, pal.. You time's gonna come too.. I took me like.. like 30 years or something to get into Smash."

I wish more people would realize how fucking garbage Tooie is.