3rd Strike is the best fighting game ever created!

3rd Strike is the best fighting game ever created!

Attached: 7358807.png (595x600, 130K)

Other urls found in this thread:

gematsu.com/2019/05/the-fallen-angels-complete-edition-announced-for-console-arcade
youtube.com/watch?v=k9gDfrUujvg
youtube.com/watch?v=hucD0puNnOk
youtube.com/watch?v=uPUdcyv6VxY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

not based, not redpilled, but can't really argue with you

SF3>Garou>KoF 98

Attached: kof-leona_heidern.jpg (640x650, 151K)

amazing taste user. I want to go back to 2002

I like Savior more

Attached: 274975-darkstalkers-resurrection-playstation-3-front-cover.jpg (800x800, 157K)

I want to go back to 97 and play X-Men vs Street Fighter on my local arcade and have randoms gather around to watch my shitty matches.

Attached: a9d6d7ebf3cc0c65b073bd79f4f8ad39.jpg (400x757, 51K)

Speaking of old school fighting games i just discovered this game called The Fallen Angels, after this was the devs moved to SNK to work on KoF 99 and they copied the concepts for the NESTs arc, appreantly its getting released on current consoles.

gematsu.com/2019/05/the-fallen-angels-complete-edition-announced-for-console-arcade

Attached: fallen-angels-artwork.jpg (986x1398, 530K)

Attached: turdstraik.jpg (1302x1127, 285K)

street fighter was literally surpassed in every way when guilty gear came out
since then, gg has completely improved on every aspect of sf, barring maybe the iconic designs from sf2 (but gg characters are still very recognizable and amazing design-wise)

>Why yes, I LARP as a 3S OG on anonymous internet forums. What gave it away?

Attached: photo.jpg (900x900, 118K)

You’re a nigger

Why Yea Forums hate 3rd strike?

also bring back remy SFVI

Attached: sf3-3rdstrike-early2.jpg (1206x1539, 525K)

anyone that actually played SF back in the day knows people hated parrying for essentially killing zoning. And before you out yourself as a zoomer and say
>muh fireball spam
just do yourself a favor and go back to your r/SFV tab

do you even play fighting games
they're nothing alike

yeah, i play them better than you
and yes, they are alike, but gg is superior

Is saying 3s is the best the safe opinion you can give to make it look like you're knowledgeable and have cred?

alpha 3>sfV>2X>power gap>3s>sf4

can't parry I guess

>alpha 3 First
Oh maybe you have good taste
>Second game is SFV
Nah, your taste is trash

parrying absolutely fucked this game

yes

Why do you hate sfV?

It’s high up there. Used to buy into the Ken/Chun/Ryu meme but then I started looking into literally everyone else and the game became a lot more enjoyable. Fuck the legacy cast they should of all been new characters, maybe even of made the sf3 series a new IP.

>even of
ytabofmc

My dream SF game is a new spin-off as the opposite of Alpha in that it takes place in the faaaar future when all the legacy characters are gone and its a complete new cast like SF3.

ESL, apologies.

Turd strike is garbage and a lot of retards pretend to play it or love it because they think it gives them cred. Same shit with cvs2 and mvc2, but those games are kind of broken fun if you can hang with the ridiculous execution requirements.

Attached: 1525720943942.jpg (736x931, 106K)

3rd strike is the default answer of 09ers and worse

Game is boring as fuck, 2d fighters are for slow people.

>Game is boring as fuck, 2d fighters are for slow people.

t. tekkuck where the fastest move is 10 frames and punishing moves can be done by a grandpa

>that list
>amazing taste

did you just start fighting games or something?

why is this board so fucking clueless when it comes to this genre?
that was the most plain list i've ever seen.

Why does that matter? You aren't reacting to 10 frame moves either, anyway.

If you're slow enough to think Tekken is about 10frame jabs and punishment, I'm not mad at you. That just means you only play 2d garbage.

>Lackluster roster
>Unfinished for 2 years
>When they finally released arcade edition, they nerfed FM intake
>Crush Counters
>no Xbox
>PC port is fucking trash (can't use my ps3 fightstick, meanwhile I was able to use it just fine for SF4)
>Character models for the most part look fucking ugly
The one positive thing it did was Cross-play, a feature that should be in every fighting game.
I've given the same so many chances, but did not enjoy it at all compared to other games in the series. I've completely given up on it and now waiting on SF6.

this was better

Attached: SuperStreetFighter2X_GrandMasterChallenge_1994-01_500.jpg (500x704, 348K)

Nobody actually likes 3s, people just pretend because they're afraid of being called 09ers

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 118K)

fuck off its comfy and i like it and there is nothing wrong with that, i dont give a fuck about what other fags think about my taste, especially in this cesspool of shit Yea Forums

Attached: sf3-oro-1.jpg (700x500, 77K)

>fighting game
>comfy

oh my god

Attached: 1547414262906.jpg (547x613, 39K)

Nobody cares, tekkuck retard lmfao. Your game is slow. The movement sucks ass. Whiff punishing is the easiest in any fighting game. The neutral is nothing but "unreactable mid mixed up with some unreactable lows poinblank on block then a le epic punish into juggle". There's no counterplay. There's no strategy. Just memorizing framedata and strings.

Tekken players are the smashers of the fgc. I'm sticking to 2d until vf6 or a real sc game comes out. You can continue consuming shit and waiting 5 mins for the garbage game to load in between matches in 2019 lmfao.

Attached: tekken vs virtua fighter 2.webm (480x360, 2.02M)

This. Good shit, user.

>Why Yea Forums hate 3rd strike?
Two reasons.
1. It's hardly a Street Fighter game (not necessarily a bad thing) because parries changes everything up. Zoning is completely different as is anti-air (though not USELESS as some brainlets say)
2. Some people pose and say they like it for the cred and there's a big idea that it's "the best fighting game ever", when it has a lot of problems. It's a great game, but you can't even say THAT anymore because people get up in arms about it.

1.launch problems
2.fuck xbone lmao
3. CC were continously nerfed to +50 stun and are not even optimals as a punish for a lot of characters.
4. Absolutely dishonest. Ibuki and Ken are mistakes but Jive is honestly the better looking FG apart from GG right now.
yawn.
You could have made me think you're not parroting shit if you talked about things like too much oki and corner carry on all combos which is the main problem sfV has rn.

Attached: 1560383641758.jpg (1152x885, 218K)

I'm not reading your post.
You're about to sit here for 2 hours doing the same shit you always do.

Have a good day, bro.

It's cute how you called him dishonest then immediately cherrypicked and compared it to a game that nobody mentioned

Stick to kappa where you can get upvotes.

Ok kappa

stfu and listen this

youtube.com/watch?v=k9gDfrUujvg

OFFICIAL BEST FIGHTERS TIER LIST STAY MAD ANIME STAY MAD NRS FAGS
MVC 2 > CVS 2 > 3S > KOF 98

Objectively correct

If you claim to play these games without any proof (fightcade time, VODs, webms, etc) I will be forced to ignore you and tell you to go back to /r/kappa where you belong. Bonus points for proselytizing games you don't play and shitting on other fanbases like a true rebbitor:

>3s
>tekken (the game is quite popular so it should be believable, but with kappa and aris's cuck army being 5x bigger than the actual playerbase it belongs on this list)
>guilty gear accident core
>guilty gear xturd
>garou (lmfao literal joke game with feint cancels)
>vsav
>a3
>a2 (usually a "fake OG")
>samsho
>virtua fighter (especially this one)
>kof14 (this game is dogshit lmao)
>kof98/02/02um

Attached: 1541339654463.jpg (612x800, 165K)

This webm never fails to make the tekkucs SEETHE

Attached: 2ec.png (600x580, 572K)

i like this nigga

kys immediately

>talking shit about VF and Garou
I'm gonna break your fuckin legs, boy.

>launch problems
A 2 year launch problem
>fuck xbone lmao
Let me forget that the 360 was the console of choice for the last gen
>the better looking FG apart from GG right now
It really isn't.
>MK11
>Tekken 7
>DBFZ
>IJ2
>Even MKX
All of these games looked a lot better than SF5

Why are SF5fags so quick to defend their shitty game?

did he fuck her?

mvc2 forever

Attached: 1536512364545.gif (365x224, 18K)

I really like kof 2002um. don't know if I have a favorite fighter or anything, but that game is really fun

I honestly enjoy parrying I wish it was a staple.

Yup, its why she is completely fucked now and goes ape shit, he raped her.

Attached: 19931991_165199960691448_5406294219893506048_n.jpg (640x640, 78K)

>waahh why aren't my confirms, fireballs, footsies and aerials free

BASED

>vf
post a webm of you doing akira's knee or tell me what option select you do during a -4 situation if you anticipate a throw

>garou
post a webm of you doing feint cancels or kevin rotor dance

Oh you can't? Then shut the fuck up scrub. You don't "like" these games. You mashed on the singleplayer for 5 mins and parade them around for clout since they're obscure. Unironically kill yourself and make the FGC and the world a better place.

For me, it's Necro.

Attached: (necrodbhp).gif (201x101, 45K)

Parrying in SF3 should have costed a portion of the bar or had it it's own

s
I play this

>>tekken
literal kusoge, dont play this shit

>>guilty gear accident core
used to play this on ps2 back in the day but only ever had one other person to play it with ded geam

>>garou
I play this good game

>>vsav
I play this good agame

>>a3 & a2
I play these but usually only when other people ask to play them, ok games, both of them have a lot of busted stuff and arent very balanced, especially a2

>>samsho
same as alpha games, might pick up the new game when it comes out on pc

>>virtua fighter
Who?

>>kof
Some day i will learn this game, but not today

Yea Forums hates it because it's popular. There are more valid reasons why others may not like but as far as Yea Forums is concerned that's all it is, don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

PROJECTING HARD

>good spritework
>dem tasty 90s techno samples
>dudley is a monster
It's my favorite, sure.

Attached: Cross_counter.gif (292x139, 78K)

What if I just got into them? I didn't know about FC until recently, so I only have like 30 fightcade hours on 3S, but that's cause I started playing last year. Getting into VSAV, too. About 3 hours under my belt.

Attached: YATTAZE.png (1560x821, 1.81M)

>best ost
>amazing spritework
>casual filter
>SOUL overload
>my nigga yun is good as fuck
>my wife chun is good as fuck
>alex ,Q and dudley are based as fuck
>parrying yagyou dama makes me cum
what a fantastic game
absolutely based and correct

>>launch problems
>A 2 year launch problem
It was bad 2 years ago, you win. Still not an argument as to why it's a bad game now.
>>fuck xbone lmao
>Let me forget that the 360 was the console of choice for the last gen
you're a tard if you bought the xbone
>>the better looking FG apart from GG right now
>It really isn't.
>>MK11
>>Tekken 7
>>DBFZ
>>IJ2
>>Even MKX
MK/IJ and with its absolutely ASS animations? Are you stupid?
T7? Not really.
I'll give you dbfz and other arc sys shit.

>>>guilty gear accident core
>used to play this on ps2 back in the day but only ever had one other person to play it with ded geam
It's the most popular anime game at my locals we have like 5-6 players, everyone dropped xturd

>arent very balanced, especially a2
watch some tard claim a2 is all about footsies when it has unblockable ccs into death with chun and rose lol

Complete worthless uninteresting or bad designs
>Remy
>Necro
>Oro
>Sean
>Urien
Interesting designs, but shit characters
>Twelve
>Q
>Hugo
Boring shit for normalfags
>Ryu
>Ken
>Chun Li
>Akuma
>Also Sean

What an absolute pathetic roster, jesus christ

Best 2D kick

Attached: kain-frontkick.gif (145x121, 32K)

Not that user, but
>you're a tard if-
Not an argument
Also, Arc Sys games look better than SFV, but so does UNIST and T7, which you gave no argument for why it doesn't, so that kicks it off the top 5.

>Oro and Urien are bad design
>likes Twelve
Are Yea Forums posts capable of not being shitposts?

Dodge this user!

Attached: kain-super4.gif (340x224, 600K)

>Urien
>Necro
>Oro
>Bad Designs
Fuck outta here, dog.

Tekken movement is so fucking stupid.

anyone that actually played SF back in the day knows people hated parrying for essentially killing zoning. And before you out yourself as a zoomer and say muh fireball spam just do yourself a favor and go back to your r/SFV tab
Is there any reason why the people who keep saying this ignore the fact that no one actually likes projectile-based zoning period? It's hated in every game where projectile-based zoning is even remotely strong and outright gives games bad rep where it's really effective (Morrigan in UMVC3 for example). Would've thought that for a lot people "no zoning" would be an appealing thing.

you are a faggot, but also based.
chinamen rise up

Attached: chinaman.gif (400x255, 1.58M)

*ahem* we all know what the real best fighting game ever is

Attached: 5A34F483-5FF9-4A12-8A4A-DDEB31F81059.jpg (778x679, 283K)

I still want TxSF to happen...

The sick parries you see are almost always just OS's covering a bunch of options.

Who?

>Still not an argument as to why it's a bad game now.
Even when they ""FIXED"" it, the nerfed FM and even introduced Loot boxes
>you're a tard if you bought the xbone
I own it on PC, so it doesn't even matter, but for a series that has been multiplat since its conception just to have it become a console exclusive is fucked up
>MK/IJ and with its absolutely ASS animations? Are you stupid?
MKX and IJ2 had better models and now MK11 has better models and better animations than SF5.
>T7
Yes, that games looks leagues better than SF5

>Q
>shit
He's the perfect punish character. Like to "make a single mistake and you're getting snapped in half" level

>he bought the xbone
lol
>UNIST looks better
lmao
also burden of proof, your claim, your responsability to prove to me t7 looks better.

You should play SFV, it was made by a Guilty Gear guy

>MK11 has better models and better animations than SF5
pfttttttttt
Not even gonna bother.

faggot, i bet you sweat like a bitch everytime you play

People here don't even try to hide stuff like this anymore, it was pretty funny seeing Yea Forums borderline-worship Nier Automata for a while and then immediately turn on it once it started getting praise elsewhere and sold well. Yea Forums's opinion on video games is fucking worthless.

>he bought the xbone
PS4 and PC, actually. But when SFIV's primary user base was 360, it's fucking retarded to alienate that group.
>He thinks UNIST doesn't look better
Jesus Christ.
>Burden of proof, your claim, your responsibility to prove to me t7 looks better
How about you provided the initial claim that SFV was the best looking game besides GG. You haven't proven that once, despite multiple counters. On TOP of that, you brought up t7 first, so it's YOUR burden to explain why it isn't.
God, you're really bad at this arguing thing, aren't you? That's the IQ I expect from a SFVfag, to be fair, so I won't put it on you.

Attached: (remyt).gif (81x118, 17K)

>yeah sfv sucks because it's all about setplay and pressure
>play guilty gear it's all about footsies

I even like gg but shut the fuck up. Your supposed problems with 5 are what guilty gear literally focuses on. GG is about scoring knock downs and pressuring. It's not a game about footsies, it has neutral but grounded footsies take a backseat to aggressive offense.

Back to kappa.

Attached: gg footsies.jpg (853x687, 186K)

SF vs SNK 3 in 2020 need to happen so bad

Now that this generation is almost over which fighting game was the best?

>he thinks UNIST looks better
muh sprites
The first claim was that sfV looked terrible without any proofs what so ever, you just keep dodging.
Also are you posting 3s to try and get some cred? pathetic. EU/NA? boot up fightcade fag.

Why do kappatards REFUSE to admit they don't actually play fighting games when they get called out? They keep having to continue the larp even if it's obvious and do things like misuse basic FG terminology or say plain false things about games.

They want to be us (people that actually play fighting games) so bad but they're such mental midgets they either can't get it or too autistic to not play more than 15 mins without going into fits of rage.

Attached: asuka.jpg (279x304, 29K)

KNOCK KNOCK MOTHERFUCKER

Attached: Chris98_jCD2.png (106x109, 2K)

Guilty Gear is designed around it and has defensive mechanics in place to balance it as well as various other mechanics and mobility options, SFV does not, SFV SHOULD be about footsies and spacing but SFV throws that away in favor of being a shallow game that misses the point entirely and fails in every possible respect.

You stupid fucking retard.

'09er here. I unironically regret all of the time I wasted with fighting games. Fighting games are a super stagnant genre (in fact fanboys actively resist innovation in the genre and call them not "real" fighters). The current line-up of fighting games (speaking as an ex Capcom fanboy) is abysmal. I wish I got into League of Legends of DOTA instead.

Just focus on your life and let others live you dumbfuck

holyshit what a sad life you are living, better end it right now

Attached: 23_kof09.jpg (600x900, 62K)

You fault for taking it too seriously, its just a genre to play every now and then...its not a fucking job

>oro
best street fighter character ever made

Mark of the Wolves is more fun and has better characters. KOF '98 beats both of them. Street Fighter 4 is probably the overall best combination of gameplay and characters though.

>I wish I got into League of Legends of DOTA

This is the first time in history that those words were ever typed or spoken.

SFV era was so trash i'm happy its going to be over soon.

Also please dont make SFVI with the RE engine

>muh sprites
Literally as "not an argument" as you can get
>first claim was that sfV looked terrible without any proofs whatsoever
Sure. Here you go.
>You just keep dodging
Again, I said I wasn't the same user.
>Also are you posting 3s to try and get some cred?
No, I just like Remy's taunt and it fit the response.
>EU/NA? Boot up fightcade fag
NA. I'm in the country, so my internet's really bad, but sure, why not.

Attached: Street-Fighter-V-Ibuki.png (750x400, 128K)

he is right, tho. Tekken is a problematic and very flawed game, while virtua fighter is the pinnacle of fighting games
It's ok to like a flawed game. Just keep in mind that it is flawed

Attached: virtuafighter2018.webm (854x480, 2.88M)

what's going on in that webm?

Wrong

Attached: ryukick.gif (256x157, 26K)

tekken is a shit game, but VF is 2 button kusoge and died for a reason.

It should have been like Ryu in SFV where it has actual recovery and a dedicated input

MK11 and Samurai Shodown have done it for me. I'm finished with fighting games. They simply are not playable online and my pothead friends refuse to get into the genre. 6 out of 10 online opponents have wifi and the other 4 who have a decent connection leave match as soon as they start to lose.

Attached: 1552426958523 (2).jpg (834x647, 73K)

Based honest Akira main

get less shit friends

The fuck you on about MK11 has amazing netcode, you false flagging faggot.

this, I don't know about hating it, but whenever someone bring 3s up everyone just start screaming how they are posers? I play it almost daily on fightcade and its quite popular and gets lot of new players compared to other fighting games, but recently jojo is reallly popular. but that's beside the point. part of the reason I got into 3s is because the day I opened ggpo for the first time I saw on top so I started playing it and kept doing it, and I have played it with Yea Forums a lot of times compared to other fighters that Yea Forums supposedly love, specially vampire savior, I have tried inviting people to play it but only ever gotten one game, even st which on Yea Forums no one talk about but I got games from here.

MK11 having good netcode (which it does) has NOTHING to do with people using wifi to play it, you absolute moron.

Mortal kombat has always been for blacks and casuals. You shouldn't be surprised that all you encounter is shitters.

my old account

Attached: Screenshot_2019-06-24-00-38-48.png (1280x720, 337K)

Guessing it's a no-go. Shame, I'm not very good so I was ready to lose to a "real vet" or something.

Attached: 214098.png (1767x470, 464K)

fuck I love 3S!

Attached: sf3.webm (738x360, 697K)

where did that idea even come from that specifically 3s players are posers? its probably one of the most played non mainstream stream fighting game, if we are not counting kof 98 because its huge in china and korea if we count yzkof and qq, you are the real nigger here who don't even know shit about these platforms and think all people have the kind of money to keep playing mainstream fighting games with shit netcode, people who claim to play 3s online there's a less of a chance of them lying because fightcade is free, its roll back based.
also garou is fun as fuck and all the broken shit is hard to pull off, jenet infinite and all those char infinite that require feinting and dash canceling.

also when you say people who claim to play 3s are just posers trying to get cred, aren't you fags doing the same thing by trying to spout all the memes you hear on the internet and trying to pose as real fighting game players who hate 3s because muh jumpin mixups muh os parries mu fast throws muh sggk, muh setplay.
you nigger niggest fucker

Attached: Screenshot_2019-06-28-00-58-05.png (720x1280, 229K)

this but unironically. this meme is shit and does nothing good for the people who actually do play 3s. i guess no one plays 3s at the end of the day and we are all just posers.

Sucks that I'm a newcomer and I have to deal with it. I just tried it on a whim and enjoyed it. Seems that's hard to believe for whatever reason.

meant to quote

ur a fag

these guys are big fags that are actually just trying to satisfy their own insecurities, based on flaws and things that they have themselves heard people on internet saying.
3s yeah wasn't as popular as st but it also has quite good history, and america actually have come quite far in it compared to games like st in which west stands no chance against japan. but in amerca there are players like nica ko, denjizz tenran who are not fully equal but can stand nicely against japan.
and 3s was also the game for which americans went to sbo for, no as far as I know amerca haven't attended sbo for super turbo.
and 3s is also quite easy to be effective in or get on a decent level because of its coinflip nature and so the one who's winning can't just sand bag, against a good enough player you have to keep on your toes because how jumping itself is a mixup and option selects.
but one thing, all the memes you hear about are exaggerated but are kind of true, parries for some characters like oro and urien pay extremely well so players usually play super rigorously because even if they get hit by pokes one mistake can even it all out, which is one of the things I really really hate, jumpins being mixups is annoying but you get used to it by mixing up anti airs and making different strategies.
try to learn about os parries and generally get in the habit of using parries to cover up options, if you do your opponent will either stay on his toes and wont be jumpy, or he will get punished hard.
usually I learned these os parries by hitting myself or getting hit the moment you hit or get hit as you know you go in a frametrap kind of situation where your opponent is out of blockstun so naturally he will press a button to keep his pressure going in case he was the one hitting or will try to get you out of you were the one hitting, so in this situation parry.
kind of like
>hit(with something on which you are on -frame) and just parry down or forward,

It's the best opinion to have in general, considering it's the correct one.

Based and Gearpilled

Attached: 720d1059e6e5798e39aeaed8c14aac91.jpg (1200x1600, 1.06M)

>no argument
Cope.

>kusogear
LMAO

Still upsets me that animation frames were NOT restored for certain characters... Still fun otherwise.

This might be the most edgelord autistic thing I've ever read.

Mvc2 was one of the biggest fighters of all time and still played but a lot of people. You must be retarded.

The guy left, man. Ducked me in 3S too.

it really isn't

No, Yea Forums regurgitates what they see people else say elsewhere in regards to 3S and has no valid opinions of their own, AKA that it's bad because parries kills zoning. If you want to say something "safe" you say CvS2 or something.

No it wasnt, MvC2 was only played by a small handfull of people in one region, it sold quite poorly and never really had much of a competitive scene, it was also horribly broken and a rushed low effort game cobbled together with reused assets. not a very good game at all.

SFV was supposed to be hyper-realistic originally but they dropped the idea, so it's on their minds at least.

Tekken has been downhill since Tekken 4 tried to innovate and Namco goofed it up, but come the fuck on. Even Virtua Fighter has those issues.

Attached: 1541483148000.webm (448x336, 1003K)

>No it wasnt, MvC2 was only played by a small handfull of people in one region
NYC?

>trying to talk to Yea Forums about Virtua Fighter
VF5 is the one that literally no one who already played VF likes and only played because it was the current one at the time, and it's the one Yea Forums praises endlessly to pretend to be knowledgeable. That alone should tell you everything.

OK kid. I must not be remembering the huge lineups to play it in every arcade I use to go to correctly. My bad.

Isn't zoning just a thing that low skilled players use when trying to spam projectile or long ranged attacks? How does parrying kill zoning? I don't get it

Lets see those mains Yea Forums

Attached: template.png (2310x4818, 748K)

No, it's "space control", traditionally but not exclusively through the use of projectiles. Parries moreorless nullifies traditional projectile zoning. "Zoning" in 3S boils more down into forcing the opponent to behave a certain way positioning-wise, going from SF2 to SF3 for example feels fucking weird because this is such a big change to how you're supposed to approach the game.

SF1 (which was terrible but still), SF2 and SF3 were all pretty different to each other gameplay-wise now that I think about it. In SF4 and SF5 the innovation stopped in favor of playing it safe, for better or worse.

just started playing +R, I'm a shitter at it rn

refuse to list games I'm complete trash at

Attached: mains fgz.png (2304x1832, 884K)

>refuse to list games I'm complete trash at
lol forgot to say besides +R obviously

Not when chun-li is head and shoulders above everyone else in the game

I don't get how it nullifies it though. You can still keep your oponent at distance even with the parrying. The only difference I see is that they don't take damage when parrying. Then there's the added difficulty of timing the parry. I personally like it.

Genei Jun Yun is honestly more annoying in my opinion. You straight up have to run away when Yun has it activated (which will be the case at least twice a round because he's so good at building meter)

I've also started playing Urien in 3S because I got my first arcade stick recently.

Attached: Mains.png (1354x1368, 1.21M)

vappa games, vappa characters, that cvs2 team isn't even competitively viable and doesn't even have any groove synergy

Who cares as long as I have fun playing the characters, though?

Do people play 3S on fightcade or something, I'm out of the loop on this sort of thing? I thought CPS3 games didn't work on it? I've always been interested in learning that game but if there's no one to play with what's the point?

Attached: 1561037261986.png (426x283, 105K)

Also
>Everything I don't like is Reddit

Lmfao. I can tell you're a new player, just stick with it, you'll realize it all someday.

>omgggg third strikeeee
>that daigo parry viddeo was soo godlike
>what? no ofc ive never played the game before

Attached: 1524313809691.gif (413x243, 51K)

I love when people post tournament footage as reasons not to play a game as if they could even beat Ricki or Justin if they played any other characters in a tournament or casual setting.

Attached: 1541425312453.gif (300x297, 2.77M)

Yes people play 3S on fightcade, also 3SO and 30th anniversary comp.

Is love for this game some sorta "I'm totally hip with it see" trick by zoomers? Nobody fucking liked this game when it came out and some even considered it to kill off the SF franchise till 4.

The fuck wore all you SF3 fags?

Attached: 1432428294909.png (306x400, 68K)

Yeah, but that's okay. Everyone was new at some point. I like King, Rock, and Sakura separately, so I like them as a team. I think all of them are decent in A-groove, especially Sakura with her bullshit.

Attached: 4e6.jpg (640x638, 116K)

Attached: template mains.jpg (2310x4818, 2.19M)

This post is bait, do not reply to it.

You're outing yourself user. The game was 100% new cast in the first editions. Fans rejected it so much and through a bitch fit that that they had to add the other 3 in an attempt to calm them down.

Attached: deal.gif (446x349, 107K)

>3s dick huggers
>Game is full of unviable characters only made so by one mechanic everyone has equally frame wise so you still only see top 4-5 in tournaments sometimes even just Ken Yun Chun
>OMG XD The few actual low tier heroes who can outplay and parry os their way to being somewhat viable are a totally good argument as to why OE didn't need a patch XD.

Bafael said it perfectly on a rant on his stream everyone is a fake retard pretending almost no one who played 3s for a decade or more thought the game couldn't have used a patch for the lower tiers and a few nerfs for the top. The games sprites and music are god tier sure but the rest of it is a mediocre mess of design choices that people are unable to admit have tons of issues for brownie points

Projectiles still have a use. They aren't guaranteed to lock the target down. Some are slow enough to allow you do followups as well. People who bitch about this just like having a guaranteed lockdown at range which is really boring to play against. Zoners don't like thinking.

The only serious complaint against 3s is that pure charge characters are ass. Remy is fucking terrible (even though he technically does have one no charge special that is easily dealt with). Hybrid charge command characters like Urien are fun as hell to play and you can't tell me his projectile is useless.

Attached: 1537377897658.gif (540x304, 911K)

>Nobody fucking liked this game when it came out and some even considered it to kill off the SF franchise till 4.
See, now you're just magnetizing to the other direction of the discourse. 3rd Strike was popular, maybe not immediately because i think in the competitive fighting scene there was this draught period of players who disappeared from fighting games for a while until 4 came out. Third Strike is still a great game and can be argued just fine as one of the best

That being said, its still a boring ass opinion

>high level players just start whiffing fierce in neutral because it builds meter for no reason and long ranged pokes are neutralized by parry
>lol it doesnt matter what this says about the balance of the game because you wont beat Jwong at Evo anyway!
based

jwong also hates 3s despite having been the best non japanese player

This, but unironically. 3S is best at a medium level.

yeah, like most kusoge

youtube.com/watch?v=hucD0puNnOk

Attached: shitthatheatyo.png (700x394, 396K)

youtube.com/watch?v=uPUdcyv6VxY

Guy is in a Japanese arcade where you game as much as you want. Hes winning too much so the girls are there to distract him. Being to based he isn't falling for their succubi tricks.

Rest is memes.

It was too much change for many and people just left fighters altogether. Causing nearly a decade gap in the series is a pretty big indicator that fans as a whole bawked at the changes.

based as fuck

Attached: Spice smirk.png (1280x1280, 430K)

meh the way parry system works means every attack is delayed, feels like playing with input lag, sluggish

>Causing nearly a decade gap in the series
Alpha 3 came out after SF3 though didn't it

A3 was 98 and 3s was 99

he didn't say 3s he said sf3

>mike watson
Oh yeah, the guy that god BODDIED by DPS in SF2

Attached: laughingemoji-560.jpg (560x481, 28K)

The first version of sf3 and 2nd impact play super different than 3s if you went by that logic alpha was 95.

>Causing nearly a decade gap in the series
Literally false

>Game is full of unviable characters
The very bottom are the only ones outright unviable (Q, Twelve, Sean, Remy, maybe Elena).

>only made so by one mechanic everyone has equally frame wise so you still only see top 4-5 in tournaments sometimes even just Ken Yun Chun
The game has decent character variety aside from the low tiers mentioned, most games have a few characters that are way more common than everyone else too. You rarely ever get just Ken Yun Chun.

>thought the game couldn't have used a patch for the lower tiers and a few nerfs for the top.
I agree with you on this though, IIRC a rebalance was discussed for one of the recent rereleases but people sperged out too hard about it and the devs changed their minds in the end, right? That was pretty dumb

3rd strike is based.
>but m-muh balance
>but muh parries suck
Literally every fighting game has it's flaws, and no FG is balanced. Most of the people who hate it are retarded ArcSys fags who can't enjoy any FG because it doesn't have red bumfuck cancels or whatever the fuck they call them.

>Causing nearly a decade gap
>3S - May 12, 1999
>Tech Romancer - March 31, 2000
>Marvel vs Capcom 2 March 30, 2000
>Capcom vs SNK - August 13, 2000
>Project Justice - December 17, 2000
>Capcom vs SNK 2 - August 3, 2001
>Capcom Fighting Jam - October 2004
>Street Fighter Alpha 3 MAX - January 19, 2006
>Street Fighter 4 - July 18, 2008

And that's just a handful, they are more, stop parroting utter bull shit.

3S is easy the best Street Fighter game

Garou is great, i don't really like alot of KoF games but Garou had me hooked for a while.

it's hilarious this image gets posted unironically desu

t. triggered kusogear fag

While I do like Third Strike (when it isn't Street Parry 3: Third Parry), I prefer the presentation, music and stages of New Generation and Second Impact. The upbeat and colourful style of the first two SF3 games are much better than the urban style of Third Strike. Also, the stages are more dull in Third Strike as well.

>Had people ask me if I was serious when I told them who were my mains for fighting games.

Attached: Mains for Fighting games.jpg (2310x3022, 3.63M)

I'm not triggered its just funny and I don't know the point of it
>dude one of the highest damage characters in the game blew out one of the lowest damage, lowest health characters in the game, IT'S KUSO!
keep being retarded though

You dont get it. Youre not good at fighting games until you make fun of and belittle new players. I mean cmon. Duh.

Attached: IMG_20190603_184843.jpg (550x550, 42K)

>kusogear
lmao

you do know guilty gear 1 was shit right

All guilty gear games are shit

Yeah that's what I was thinking. I always thought parrying just made the game more challenging. I don't get why anybody would hate it unless they were just plain awful at it and rely solely on zoning. It's certainly not a perfect game but it's the best SF in my opinion.

Parry would make the game more challenging if there was a penalty for wiffing one, half the time 3s matches turn into people mashing normals from halfway across the screen then mashing os parry when they're in footsie range