Hollow Knight >>>Bloodstained

>much much more difficult bosses and encounters than Bloodstained
>without shitty 2.5d, without shitty animations, without shitty hitboxes, without the shitty crafting system

Well? How can you keep pretending that all difficulty and challenge is of equal quality?

Attached: hollow knight.jpg (1176x756, 199K)

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcharts.com/app/692850
steamcharts.com/app/367520
steamcharts.com/cmp/692850,367520
youtube.com/watch?v=8NQYPmvBOl4
twitter.com/AnonBabble

No one wants to pit Hollow Knight against Bloodstained. Fuck off.

Bloodstained has all kinds of weapons and skills, that's why i'm still playing it
the map is boring as fuck though, HK and LM easily have better and far more intricate map design

Hollow Knight is easy as fuck retard.
It only got the reputation of "le dark souls hard1!!" because of hallownest which is a legitimate challenging marathon.

The rest of the gme is not any harder than bloodstained

>more difficult bosses

Literally everything but PV, NKG and Absrad are a joke. Absrad is the only one that is somewhat truly hard and its still mega cheesable.

Bosses in HK might be fun, but in terms of difficulty, theyre a joke

>no shitty animations

Yeah bro its totally not literally impossible to parry an attack you have never seen before. As if parrying wasnt shit already to begin with

Both are good on its own, besides, HK is more like Super Metroid

Do you think /vr/ is seething about this game right now?

No way is Lost Kin a joke, and that's just one random dream boss, same for False Champion
Bloodstained on normal is broken, some of the shards melt any enemy in your path, Heretical Grinder took care of the blood lady in less than a minute

>MUH BOSSES
And this is the ultimate problem with Hollow Knight and particularly with Godmaster- it doesn't want to be a Metroidvania, it wants to be a CUHRAYZAY action game boss rush, which is why the exploration is tedious and tacked on. Godmaster cut out the middleman and just recolored a few bosses to fight with harder patterns, providing absolutely zero content to explore or items to unlock, and fans of course ate it up because the same people who praise Hollow Knight are the zoomers that think DMC and every Platinum game is ambrosia from heaven.

What's with all these falseflagging threads? Pretty sure anyone who enjoyed HK will enjoy Bloodstained.

Attached: large_0.jpg (583x583, 29K)

>Hollow Knight vs. Bloodstained
This will and always has been a dumb, contrived shitposting effort that no one with a brain actually invests anything into.

Please stop.

LK IS a fucking joke. Everything he does is slow as fuck.

FC is basically " walk foward, if he jumps backwards hit once and walk backwards ". He also instadies every time after the first phase if you toss debris at him

>He also instadies every time after the first phase if you toss debris at him
that sounds like a messed up glitch
LK looked like one of the faster bosses to me, what bosses do you consider faster?

just hit him a fuckton of times with the falling debris, and prefferably nail him a lot or abyss shriek before he starts swinging his mace at the middle at the start of every phase. You can literally kill him before he swings.

LK is in fact slow asf. The only boss i consider fast is PV

I don't like either game, but Hollow Knight gets my respect for looking a million times better than Bloodstained with less than a hundredth of the budget. Iga got thoroughly shamed.

/thread

t. insecure bloodstained fans that don't want to admit a indie game released years prior completely BTFO the game they kickstarted

t. insecure hollowknight fan that doesn't want to admit an indie game released years later completely BTFO the game they kickstarted and all its DLC

Had HK on my backlog and it's a lot better than the indieshit I thought it was. Still only at both dung guy and the fat mage.
I assume Bloodstained is a lot more like SotN.

Pure Vessel? Yeah that boss chains his attacks leaving no time for recovery
I'd probably attribute Lost Kin being hard to the fact that its a base game boss and I wasn't as good as when I played Godmaster, the fucker still loved to sperg out occasionally, although it didn't have any combos like PV

>the map is boring as fuck though
this, I had no idea finding secret areas is as braindead as hit a wall until it breaks

>Pretty sure anyone who enjoyed HK will enjoy Bloodstained.
Bullshit. I enjoyed HK and Bloodstained is garbage compared to it and just in general. Map design is basic as shit and difficulty is outright non-existent. HK is a fairly easy game, but it doesn't mean people who play it will eat up a game with zero challenge whatsoever. The only reason to play Bloodstained is autistically collecting shit, and not everyone is a hoarding addict.

>he has no recovery he chains out his attacks

This is SO not true lmao

LK is a base game boss and he is still a joke desu

what are you quoting user?
Pure Vessel definitely chains his attacks and doesn't give you any breathing room

he does tho

literally look up any vid

B-BROS, WE GOTTA SHITPOST IN MORE BLOODSTAINED THREADS, PLEASE BUY HOLLOW KNIGHT.

steamcharts.com/app/692850
steamcharts.com/app/367520
steamcharts.com/cmp/692850,367520

Attached: Untitled.jpg (716x655, 106K)

but relatively to LK, he's wayy faster and doesn't stay idle too long :
youtube.com/watch?v=8NQYPmvBOl4
look at 0:51~0:58, two multidirectional projectile attacks -> downward strike -> columns -> sphere energy attack with nearly no pause

no-no

Reminder that metroidvanias are garbage,play classicvanias instead.

You're both absolute faggots.

>TOO AND A 'ALF DEEE

Attached: fsddfss.png (965x636, 94K)

It's almost like one game was made by someone who already worked on one of the most beloved franchises while the other one is completely new.

Are HKfags the Bronies of Yea Forums?

The funny part is that there are plenty of us who don't even care that much about HK. I don't like that game a lot, but it's fun to bring it up because it utterly embarrasses Shitstained with an exponentially lower budget.

Love Hollowknight. Hated the shallow combat system. There is nearly no player growth in terms of active abilities.

So have you even played bloodstained?

Fpbp, these false drama fags need to fuck off.

hollow knight wasn't exactly hard, aside from the pantheon which spiked the difficulty up to the skies in an instant but that doesn't really count.
Bloodstained on the other hand is one of the easiest games i've ever played. I am having to purposely cripple myself, when I find a spell that is broken I have to decide to not use it, but then I discover some other spell that one shots every enemy and stun locks bosses, so I'm lead to belive this is the way the game is supposed to be since OP spells are so numerous.
I am still sorta enjoying bloodstained simply because I like exploring but that's about it. despite having lots of enemy types they are all functionally the same as they die instantly as they come on screen before even doing anything. the enemies or bosses have no effect on gameplay.

>There is nearly no player growth in terms of active abilities
This is actually not true. There are 3 spells, 3 charged attacks, dream nail and movement upgrades affect combat greatly as well. You might argue that the game doesn't incentivize using these and I would agree, but saying they aren't there is false.

Eh hollow knight felt way more bland and enemies look so samey. It's like a polished new grounds art style from the early 2000s. Almost every bug has a white head thick outlines and black dots for eyes

Attached: C43lxMfW8AAVhJV.jpg (596x424, 38K)

>muh flash game
yeah, no

Attached: 1561390356521m.jpg (1024x1024, 160K)

I do admit I hate the graphics of Bloodstained. I did love Castelvania: SoTN, Super Metroid, Hollow Knight and Ori. Are there any other good metroidvanias with a good graphic design?

refute it igacucks

I like both games, I don't entirely understand the constant invasion of these games in their respective threads. Is it just people shitposting to cause a fight?

FUCK BLOODSTAINED FUCK METROIDVANIAS AND FUCK ZOOMERS

it would be apt to compare HK to Salt and Sanctuary, both are in the same tier of Newgrounds shit

Why are you comparing a screenshot from actual gameplay which you layered with an artifact filter against unedited (but still artifact-y) character art?

I played the demo and a bit of the full game. It's just too ugly for me to keep going with it. We live in an era full of metroid-likes that are so much prettier. Why would I waste my time with this one?

how about playing on hard or nightmare

I said "nearly no"

I don't think either game is bad, and I don't get this rivalry that people are trying to stir up. Infact, one of my only major issues is the disgusting, putrid sex fanservice that Bloodstained uses to sell. I think it's gross and off putting.

Attached: 1561349912063.gif (268x264, 131K)

>comparing a platformer with an RPG
It's funny how Hollow Knight scum shit on Metroidvanias all the time, but have to shill their game as a Metroidvania too when it isn't one.

I got a strange urge to play aria of sorrow. those meaty sounds.

>one of my only major issues is the disgusting, putrid sex fanservice that Bloodstained uses to sell. I think it's gross and off putting.
Jesus christ tranny, lay off the estrogen. Outside of the bunny outfit, what fanservice does the game even have?

>the disgusting, putrid sex fanservice that Bloodstained uses to sell
I wish HK:SS did the same.

>sexy girls
>disgusting, putrid, gross, off putting

women exist in it therefor the game is sexist

But I like both.

Can we all agree that Hollow Knight is one of the most overrated games out there? Doesn't help that its fanbase is obnoxious.

>what fanservice?
>and don't talk about the obvious fanservice, that doesn't count

It's not a huge part of the game, but it's still offputting. That's all I'm saying.

I just don't like it being used to sell the game, because then every thread would be "OMG I WANT TO FUCK MUH WAIFU HURR DURRR"

And when I go into a video game discussion, that's definitely the last thing I want to see.

Why are you quoting me? I'm not shitting on either game you retard.

It's literally one troll trying to start shit.
Ignore the false flaggot and hide the thread.

>losers on Yea Forums like sexy girls, so I hate them existing in my vidya
What a spiteful and pathetic reason.

/thread
I think they are both worth playing but not everyone will like both.

See

Gee, if there's anything Yea Forums loves to do, it's turn every comparison into a "LOL XFAGS BTFO" and "FUCK YFAGS, YFAGS GET THE ROPE" us vs them argument just to waste time. Grow the fuck up and let people play what they want.

Attached: are you well.jpg (600x604, 52K)

"Why yes I do play Bloodstained. How could you tell?"

Attached: 1561644061882.jpg (599x449, 61K)

You can play Bloodstained and I can laugh at how it looks like garbage. Win/win.

There's usually enough time for the shade cloak to recover, if not just pogo over his slashes.

>sexy girls bring nothing but waifu lovers and the lowest common denominator of fanbases, so I don't want them anywhere near my vidya

ftfy

>bro that boss is so easy once youve figured out his moveset after 5 hours of assrape! Haha!

why is this man a living penis

My Pokemon is stronger. XD

>artifacted gameplay screenshot vs concept art
fuck off faggot

If you get assraped by LK you have a problem

Everything he does is too slow. He is more likely to hit you with his jumps which make no sense

If you want a harder Hollow Knight just use a controller that doesn't work half the time. That's what I did.

hey I played on the switch too
I still haven't done godsmaster and I'll probably never will, I'll hold onto my NKG and Radiance victories though

HK has been out for years to massive critical acclaim and fan following, Bloodstained has been out for a week and demolished it.

Take the L and move on.

IGAKEKS ON SUICIDE WATCH

My problem was a shitty Xbox One S controller I got for free and didn't realize was complete garbage until the RB button stopped working and I got a new working controller.

I like them both and I'm not a poorfag, so I bought them. I enjoy Bloodstained for being a castlevania SotN throwback and Hollow Knight for being its own thing. I'm sorry you could only choose one, but it's a better world where both of them exist and not just one of them.
Stop being a miserable shithead and enjoy games, instead of pitting them against each other. That's what consolewarriors do and they're all legally retarded.

The graphics are fine, you fucking autist. Gameplay is what matters. Are you 12? Go play the newest Call of Duty or Battlefield if you want a cutting edge graphic experience. Come back to Bloodstained and Hollow Knight when you want to play actual fun fuckin' games.

Why are you forcing this feud? They have little to do with one another if not for being metroidvania. You can easily play both.

maybe if you retards stop liking the incorrect games and have proper taste these threads would not be made

Neither are hard and both games are good. You can like both, you don't have to prefer one over the other.
Stop being a falseflagging shitposter

This.

You're not incorrect, but kill yourself

HK is one of my favorite games of all all time, and I think Bloodstained looks like shit.
But this thread is clearly some fucked-in-the-head false flagger trying to stir shit up.

>The graphics are fine, you fucking autist
Not him, but no they most certainly are not.
>Gameplay is what matters.
Gameplay is what matters MOST, but every core component of a game matters. To say otherwise is overly simplistic.

But this thread is trash, so don't forget to sage.

I used mostly the joycons which are complete garbage and are getting drifting analog problems, until I got a Xbone controller and a 8bitdo adapter which has input delay

hollow knight memes are good

Attached: 1561520620812.jpg (1000x2000, 335K)

Weebs only like Bloodstained more than Hollowknight because of
>muh anime waifu
which is what all weebs live for. I highly doubt that apart from those subhuman incels anyone actually enjoys or prefers Bloodstained.
Because it's shit. Hollowknight at least looks stylish.

thats why i bought a controller with like a 10 foot cable

Why you gotta be like this man? I like both games. Can't we like both games and discuss them together without incessant falseflagging?

t. some retard who watched a speedrun with fury of the fallen active and thinks the actual game plays that way

I feel like Hollow Knight doesn't have any value as a metroidvania because everyone only talks about the bosses and difficulty, never about the exploration or movement

Attached: 1552300398956.png (1294x982, 63K)

>i like both gold and garbage xd xd

no accounting for taste, user

taste is subjective xd xd xd

yeah basically and it's hard debating them when they just refuse to listen

Maybe because Hollow Knight has actual endgame content that's focused entirely on bosses and difficulty? The base game is great in its own right, but not that many people that still play the game are in that stage anymore.

goldmine

>No way is Lost Kin a joke, and that's just one random dream boss, same for False Champion
?????

HOW YOU DARE TO CRITICIZE MY GAMEEE

Attached: 53.png (205x246, 6K)

Failed Champion*

i was wondering about how they aren't jokes, they telegraph their attacks clearly and are usually pretty slow

holy shit faggots admit bloodstained is bad for once.

i don't think people who say they beat them first time are being honest, they just got better. Everyone in the old threads was complaining about FC's insane debris attack and him sperging out all over the place. Maybe they nerfed him idk

Why cant you afford both?

They're straight up lying, I watched a bunch of first time playthroughs and people die even to actually easy as fuck bosses like hornet 1, let alone to shit like zote, watcher knights or FC. NKG, PV or Radiance usually take dozens of attempts even for l33t g4mers.

Godmaster allowed for relentless practice of each and every boss on varying difficulties. Lots of bosses that were once regarded as fairly challenging have by now been reduced to 20 second snoozefests where people just go up and spam the nail with unbreakable strength+quick slash and maybe a shaman stone somewhere and dodge their attacks without hardly thinking about it anymore.

>spend 100+ hours on a dlc
>no guys these bosses are easy as fuck, that's why my playtime tripled after godmaster released

ive spent 15 hours 100%ing godmaster and 50 hours on the rest of the game. nkg, pv, and ar are the only difficult bosses

one is on every platform

Based user showing cucks their place.

Hollow Knight is better than Bloodstained, but Bloodstained is also really good, but jesus i hate 2.5D, it's not that bad after playing 10 hours but still sucks

Anyone else get pretty bored by HK around 20-30 hours in? Idk, just wasn't doing it for me. Might go back to it at some point because I did like the world design at least and some of the movement options were fun, I'm just not a fan of having to keep track of badges and benches and having to go back and get all my lost loot and whatnot

Attached: a9827797-34d4-46f8-9b63-e7559bf8de32.png (1280x1368, 639K)

I totally believe you.

Try again retard

Attached: 457645745.png (818x552, 635K)

Took me that long to beat it on my first playthrough with a shitty controller.

Attached: Screenshot 2018-08-17 21.47.24.png (1918x1080, 2.08M)

I don't want to say git gud, but you should work on a better charm set. I'm playing through steel soul mode, halfway there and I haven't been close to dying yet. It's not that bad. The game gets more fun when you get the Monarch Wings.

huh thought my time was way less on the second file

Attached: Screenshot 2019-06-27 14.53.26.png (1052x336, 338K)

This looks like shitty a flash game, do retards actually like it?

2D = Cartoon
Go back to Yea Forums you anime 3d fag

Once I got the dream nail, I was really ready for the game to end. I'm glad I went for NKG but if I had my way, fights like that would've been placed earlier and the game would've cut out almost all of the compulsory backtracking segments.

They're both on every platform

It's not about polygon count, it's about how good it looks. Even Order of Ecclesia looks better than this trash.

i don't get this meme, what flash game looks like this

i like flash games this doesn't work as an insult to me lol

I agree Hollow Knight is better but Bloodstained is still good and I enjoyed it very much.

Even something like Alien Hominid doesn't come close. Hollow Knight looks far better than Castle Crashers, Pit People etc., too.
It's not an actual criticism. Just something designed to bug you.

Hollow Knight looked beautiful but was super boring. Bloodstained is fun but the 2.5D graphics look ass. Also who complains about an optional crafting system?

It's solely because it has thick line art. Yes, people are that stupid.

a lot of those insults are like "haha you like video games" which is odd considering this is supposed to be a video game board

this flaseflag shitposts is getting boring as fuck

This isn't video games anymore. Yea Forums is just baiting, shitposting, false flagging, and e-celebs now.

How could anyone dislike either? I have been enjoying both tremendously

>How could anyone dislike either?
I dislike Bloodstained because it looks uglier than a dead rotten cunt.

I dislike this Hollow Knight game because there doesn't seem to be nearly as much weapon and skill variety, doesn't seem to have any focus on RPG elements, also it looks like absolute trash to me, no idea why some people think it looks good.

you're both fags, Jesus

>it looks like absolute trash to me, no idea why some people think it looks good

this is usally the mindset of someone who grew up on Finding Nemo rather than Lion King.

You'd have to be real generalizing to call the enemies samey just because they share a thematic and artstyle.

Bloodstained what the fuck is that? The game looks like rabi ribi where the only reason to play it is the female main character

HK is very difficult if you fight some bosses as soon as they are available
I fought Lost Kin and Failed Champion before killing any dreamer and getting any spell upgrade, it was quite hard but you can just rape them if you fight them with end game charms and nail

Pretty much this.
They both are successful but still have their flaws.

I recently stopped playing Hollow Knight shortly after entering the Deepnest and I have no motivation to continue because the combat is awkward and exploration is too boring. Does it get any better or should I just quit and play Bloodstained instead?

Sounds like you have ADHD, so I don't think any game will fix that.

I'm actually enjoying Godmaster a lot more than I thought I would. When I heard it was just a boss rush mode I was disapointed, but damn is it fun. Oro and Mato and Sheo were really fun fights, and the hidden Zote challenge is neat. I hope there are more new bosses.
I just wish Bloodstained wasn't a complete dumpster fire of a switch port so I could play both. Might just torrent to try it out and then buy it later when they patch it.

Attached: 1537061716205.png (141x58, 16K)

Try Fortnite.

What is this shitposter getting out of making these posts? He's made like a million of them now. Whats the point? They are both good games and its totally possible to play both of them. They are single player games so it doesnt even matter if more people play one than the other. So tell me what is the endgame here? What is it you hope to get from this?

FPBP

It's an excuse to shit over the game. Everything is hand drawn animation in the game.
If it was pixel art, people would complain it's pixel art. If it was 2.5D like Bloodstained, people would complain about textures, model quality, aliasing or whatever else they can think of.

This false dichotomy is perpetuated by either children (who can't afford more than one game and therefore feel obligated to defend their purchase) or the worst kind of autists who can only focus on one game at a time and feel personally threatened when a similar game succeeds. See: Mordhaufag shitting up /fhg/ and the subsequent falseflags going both ways in this newest shitfest.

Attached: 1344170676055.jpg (140x239, 18K)

Summer is up, fucking edgy kids can't cut themselves outside home

>get to Deepnest for the first time
>crippling arachnophobia prevents me from progressing

H-how do I cope, hollow chads?

I don't like either game but Hollow Knight looks much better with a much worse budget, which certainly embarrasses Shitstained a lot. It has no excuse for looking as bad as it does when it had much more kickstarter funds.

I don't think it's a matter of money, I think it's simply a matter of Team Cherry being pretty good artists while the graphics designers on Bloodstained aren't.

>Whats the point?
he just needs (You)s, that's it.
Do you think anyone shitposting about this actually cares about either game?

/fhg/? For Honor General?
I mean I play a lot of Mordhau and the only game I truly shit on is Chivalry and it's Sequel.
Haven't played For Honor but I know well enough that the two are completely different from one another

Hollow Knight fags used to be pretty cool, but now they've officially become pathetic. They cant stand a newcomer on their turf and feel threatened. As well they should, because Bloodstained is better, but they could at least accept the competition with grace instead of screeching like bats.

More Shallow knight lmao

The fun part of these CV games for me has always been playing around with all the gear and magic and figuring out the many ways to break them and Bloodstained delivers really fucking hard when it comes to this. HK on the other hands just a mediocre game like almost all other metroidvanias, not bad and fairly well designed but nothing about it is exciting the bosses arent easy or boring but theyre not hard or particularly memorable either, the exploration feels more like a chore than a satisfying process requiring thought and the atmosphere is really lacking for various reasons. Guess Im just burnt out on the genre

>"dood 2D dark souls"
>Good

Attached: dicks.jpg (300x300, 43K)

classicvania fags are not even human.

Yea. They're GODS

You literally never played a single classicvania.

based & enlightened

Hollow Knight is a snorefest. It's as wide as an ocean and as deep as a puddle.

Based. Fuck "exploration" aka filler

Attached: 1556929504754.jpg (960x684, 50K)

>No way is Lost Kin a joke, and that's just one random dream boss, same for False Champion

Lost Kin can be beaten easily with dung cloud charm equipped, nullifying its blood ghosts and allowing you to commit fully to the fucker himself.

False Champion can be beaten by equipping minion charms and wall climbing into a corner and just waiting for him to topple.

Yea; they're both fucking cheezable jokes.

>>>/poopoofartfart/

Why are you trying to force this nonsense? No one is trying to compare the two, let alone claim they're equally difficult. Also Hollow Knight is piss easy throughout, only got hard with DLC.